Other (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 10
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 0

Post by Sorsha »

kneel4justice wrote:I was going to choose Unknown, just because it sounds dangerous but then other people did for my reasons *looks at FZ*. Lol
Oh, Team KSITE, how do you feel about going into the same location?? ;)
Sorsha wrote:Hello everyone :)

Well, I don't know anything about any of these places or what they have to do with wrestling so I'll be waiting till later to make my vote, I guess.

And it looks like there is a lie detector. DF- Are "I am a civvie" statements acceptable?

If so, I'm a civvie :)
Hmmmm, I'm not sure how to feel about this. Something is just weird about it.
Do you really think those type of statements would be acceptable? I am wondering if you knew they would not be acceptable but wanted to be the first to make this claim so that you look like you're willing to risk being caught in a lie, when you're really not. That or some kind of reverse psychology, hoping that because you risked it that this player wouldn't choose you, because they'd think what scum would make that gamble when unnecessary!
But maybe you're just a 'civvie'. Hmpft, I dunno.
Yes, I have played many games where statements like "I am civvie" are acceptable to make at the beginning of games, especially when there is a lie detector in the game. Somewhere along the line the whole lie detector role kinda fell out of fashion- I think because every game was started with everyone saying "I'm and civvie," inevitably someone would forget to say it, leading to their lynch in a lot of cases.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Sorsha »

Interesting... looks like a couple of people seem to have an issue with making lie detector statements easily detectable. :ponder:

Anyway- I'm going with The Titan Towers. No one has any info on the poll anyway so it sounds to me like its pretty much gonna be a crap shoot.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Lizzy »

I voted for Dudgaywwilee because so did Vomps and I trust him k :srsnod:
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

Sorsha wrote:Interesting... looks like a couple of people seem to have an issue with making lie detector statements easily detectable. :ponder:

Anyway- I'm going with The Titan Towers. No one has any info on the poll anyway so it sounds to me like its pretty much gonna be a crap shoot.
Nobody has info, true. But Titan Towers is the WWE's corporate headquarters. One of the baddie teams is The Corporation. Just sayin'.

I'm gonna go *Vote Death Valley* because out of the two possibly civ-connected options I think Taker is a badass (was also my best friend's favourite growing up) and I've never seen an Ultimate Warrior match :blush: I'm sorry to his fans but he's about a decade before my time.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:I voted for Dudgaywwilee because so did Vomps and I trust him k :srsnod:
Well maybe I'll vote the same as vomps because I don't trust him. :evileye:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Lizzy »

A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:I voted for Dudgaywwilee because so did Vomps and I trust him k :srsnod:
:oOoooo tyre
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:
A Person wrote:
:oOoooo tyre
tu2e ddks

I done did it :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

OK, I am gonna go with Death Valley; no one seemed to have any overt bad things to say about the wrestlers associated with it, while the other three options could have bad associations. With no info, but having 4 options and 4 groups, I am still thinking this poll may still benefit someone.

It is nice to see the fresh eyes who are not used to our style of things~ having to explain things most of us take for granted will pull us all out of the SOP we can tend to use, and maybe rely a bit less on style.

*Vote Death Valley*
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 267

Post by kneel4justice »

I will choose unknown.
*holds hands with FZ and Lou*
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Elohcin »

Yay Game.

Thank you Epi for the poll info. I still have no clue which option is best, however. Hmm, lets go with....Parts Unknown.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

I voted Death Valley, because RIP Paul Bearer.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

Bullzeye wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Interesting... looks like a couple of people seem to have an issue with making lie detector statements easily detectable. :ponder:

Nobody has info, true. But Titan Towers is the WWE's corporate headquarters. One of the baddie teams is The Corporation. Just sayin'.

I'm gonna go *Vote Death Valley* because out of the two possibly civ-connected options I think Taker is a badass (was also my best friend's favourite growing up) and I've never seen an Ultimate Warrior match :blush: I'm sorry to his fans but he's about a decade before my time.

I actually don't much like Warrior matches. At Wrestlemania VII he faces Randy Savage, and Savage hit Warrior with his finisher FIVE times in a row...and Warrior kicked out. It was ridiculous.

Anyway, off for now, I'm going to see TLC tonight! (not in person, just at a restaurant) I will be back before the poll closes though.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

DFaraday wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I actually don't much like Warrior matches. At Wrestlemania VII he faces Randy Savage, and Savage hit Warrior with his finisher FIVE times in a row...and Warrior kicked out. It was ridiculous.

Anyway, off for now, I'm going to see TLC tonight! (not in person, just at a restaurant) I will be back before the poll closes though.
Sounds like someone quite modern actually *cough*SuperCena*cough*. Enjoy TLC! I'll be watching tomorrow, it's pretty much a given that there won't actually be a new undisputed champ at the end, right? Something screwy is gonna happen with that main event.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

Bullzeye wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

Sounds like someone quite modern actually *cough*SuperCena*cough*. Enjoy TLC! I'll be watching tomorrow, it's pretty much a given that there won't actually be a new undisputed champ at the end, right? Something screwy is gonna happen with that main event.
Thanks! I'm hoping for a Cena heel turn, although we know how likely that is. :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Does anyone remember how DF's Day 0 poll worked in Spider Man Mafia? Was it info-based, single reward, or a different reward for each voter depending on your vote?
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

EBWOP: Anyways, I'm thinking it's the latter of my 3 questions.
Just then, announcer Michael Cole walked up to the group. “Not this way!” screamed Cole. “I was sent by the GM to make sure all of you are investigating the case. He gave me a list of places you might want to check out first.”

The group looked at the list: Titan Towers, Death Valley, Dudleyville, and Parts Unknown.
I'm really amused that one of the places the GM wants us to investigate is his own headquarters. He's already at the darn place, can't he just tell us what's there in the first place? :p

But yeah, I want to investigate the Tower. If this is one of those "Everybody gets something for their choice" Day 0s, then I'd like to take a look in the place with the least amount of votes.

Additionally, I think a lot of you are using some fallible logic in thinking that Corporation = baddie, so TT must automatically = baddie reward.

A: There's no "most civ" option when it comes to hometown wrestlers from the other 3 options, from what I've read thus far.

B: As I said before, the wording within the writeup and overall story here seems like we're investigating the (winning?) location for clues pertaining to the murder. The option that we, as players, know 1 group of baddies call home could wind up being more beneficial.

*votes Titan Towers*

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by FZ. »

Mister Rearranger wrote:EBWOP: Anyways, I'm thinking it's the latter of my 3 questions.
Just then, announcer Michael Cole walked up to the group. “Not this way!” screamed Cole. “I was sent by the GM to make sure all of you are investigating the case. He gave me a list of places you might want to check out first.”

The group looked at the list: Titan Towers, Death Valley, Dudleyville, and Parts Unknown.
I'm really amused that one of the places the GM wants us to investigate is his own headquarters. He's already at the darn place, can't he just tell us what's there in the first place? :p

But yeah, I want to investigate the Tower. If this is one of those "Everybody gets something for their choice" Day 0s, then I'd like to take a look in the place with the least amount of votes.

Additionally, I think a lot of you are using some fallible logic in thinking that Corporation = baddie, so TT must automatically = baddie reward.

A: There's no "most civ" option when it comes to hometown wrestlers from the other 3 options, from what I've read thus far.

B: As I said before, the wording within the writeup and overall story here seems like we're investigating the (winning?) location for clues pertaining to the murder. The option that we, as players, know 1 group of baddies call home could wind up being more beneficial.

*votes Titan Towers*
I actually agree with the the bolded. I was wondering if we could change votes, but I'm glad it now has more votes.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I went with Death Valley because the undertaker was the man when I was a kid.
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

I have yet to get my gif on, so I'ma just leave this here:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Spacedaisy »

I know nothing about any of these so I think I will just roll with the parts unknown one. Mostly because it sounds interesting, lol.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

So are we gonna scumhunt or nah?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:So are we gonna scumhunt or nah?
Way ahead of you. :eye:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

We can start now~ usually we wait until the results of the Day Zero poll for "smoking guns" but if something pings you, go for it :)

And~ I am gonna go into NP blue as this is Moddish business, not game related and not really OT:

Smilies have been added and they have been rearranged~ the commonest are on the posting page, and "personal" smilies, large ones and more active gifs have been moved to the second page. To find the ones not displayed in the posting box, go all of the way to the bottom of the smilies displayed next to the posting box, and it says "View More Smilies". Go to subsequent pages, and there they be :D

If you will use one there a lot, just memorize the code~
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:Great, just my luck...the two games I signed up for started at the same time :sigh:

Hey Summer and Jenny. I posted a welcome post in the sign up thread, but for some reason it didn't transfer. So: Yay, so happy to have you here as well :D
The posts from the sign up thread do not join the game thread. No real reason why, that is just how we do it :shrug:
I know, I meant I didn't find it there, not here, but thanks.
Mongoose wrote:Wow, such a massive player list!

I picked Titan Towers, because I don'tlike the sound of the other options. I didn't even check to see who had voted what yet and just went on instinct.

I'm going to be on a boat all day, but I think you can be without my zany antics and wacky theories for one day. <3
The bolded sounds a little apologetic. When I see people saying they didn't do something and explaining something unimportant, without anyone even asking them, it makes me uneasy. If I'm wrong, I apologize.
Nice catch. I agree, that is worded strangely, but again, not sure if it means anything. It's a good observation though, something to keep in mind.

kneel4justice wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:For the record, K4J, I agree with you regarding Sorsha's post; it seemed unnecessary to me, as if she's trying too hard. BUT I have heard of games where those types of statements were "checkable", so maybe it's possible. Seems rarer to me though and kind of pointless, but I suppose her post could be completely legit. I don't THINK I've ever played one where statements that blatant were checkable by a lie detector role though.

Consequently, I'm not sure her post really means anything at all. I don't think it really tells me anything, especially this early in the game. But, out of curiosity, do others agree here with my assessment and was anyone else wildly pinged by that statement?
I am assuming that you were pinged by the statement because of the bold.
So my question for you is, why are you only mentioning being pinged after I mentioned her post and not initially when you read it? Feel free to correct me if you did mention it before now.
Correct.

No, you didn't miss anything, I didn't mention it. Because, given in the end I decided it really told me nothing about Sorsha's alignment, I didn't think it was worth mentioning. I thought maybe I was just reading too much into it to be honest. I have a past of making a huge deal out of little things, then campaigning for that person's lynch, and then having them flip civvie, so I am purposefully trying to be more cautious and consider all sides and perspectives.

Truth is I could see the motivation of a civvie wanting to say something like that in a game with a lie detector just as much as I could see a baddie wanting to cover their ass.

And if I remember correctly, Sorsha entered mafia at a time before I did, and by the time I entered, there were still lie detector roles but they seemed to start going out of style. Consequently, I've only played a handful or so of games with lie detector roles... So my knowledge as to what is 'general' go-to behavior in a game with a lie detector role that COULD detect statements like "I'm a civvie" is nearly as low as yours. Thus, Sorsha's behavior could have been completely par for the course for all I know.

All of that said, it still struck me as unnecessary and odd, but one thing I've learned is that drawing attention to players who exhibit behavior that to YOU seems unnecessary or odd doesn't catch you baddies. It just means you have two different minds and thus act differently. I've seen more players lynched over simple misunderstandings or lack of seeing each other's point of view than I have over actual, solid evidence.

FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:For the record, K4J, I agree with you regarding Sorsha's post; it seemed unnecessary to me, as if she's trying too hard. BUT I have heard of games where those types of statements were "checkable", so maybe it's possible. Seems rarer to me though and kind of pointless, but I suppose her post could be completely legit. I don't THINK I've ever played one where statements that blatant were checkable by a lie detector role though.

Consequently, I'm not sure her post really means anything at all. I don't think it really tells me anything, especially this early in the game. But, out of curiosity, do others agree here with my assessment and was anyone else wildly pinged by that statement?
What I'm wondering about is do you ask questions through PMs or does it all happen in the thread?
Did she say all that just so she could say "I'm a civvie"? She could have said that without making it so noticeable that it's for the lie detector.
Players can ask game-related questions via PM or in the thread. I personally prefer to ask them in thread (and that others do so as well), but obviously role-related questions would be confined to PM... unless you want to role out yourself and break the rules. :p

S~V~S wrote:It is nice to see the fresh eyes who are not used to our style of things~ having to explain things most of us take for granted will pull us all out of the SOP we can tend to use, and maybe rely a bit less on style.
Agreed entirely! :)

And I love delving into game theory and game behavior -- why people act the way they do, why we play the way we do, what makes someone truly baddie, etc.

Linkitis with SVS: Yes, we can scumhunt, but as I explained in the game over on KSite, you guys are WAY more out of the gate, starting to accuse and such than we are over here. Day 0 periods it is pretty standard to not discuss suspicions at all, though players have been known to point out things they find suspicious or pingy.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I know. I'm thinking what are they waiting for? Lol. I guess we do play differently on Ksite. I'm holding myself...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

So what is it that people do on day 0? Joke around? Because I have to admit, judging from the other game, people here are funny. But again, I have to ask, what's day 0 for?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

FZ. wrote:
I know. I'm thinking what are they waiting for? Lol. I guess we do play differently on Ksite. I'm holding myself...
Why are you holding yourself? You and I both know nothing is going to get done that way, so why?
Any thoughts so far?

And do people Die Night 0?
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

MovingPictures07 wrote: Day 0 periods it is pretty standard to not discuss suspicions at all, though players have been known to point out things they find suspicious or pingy.
I find half-blanket statements like this to be very fishy...

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:So what is it that people do on day 0? Joke around? Because I have to admit, judging from the other game, people here are funny. But again, I have to ask, what's day 0 for?
Juggling for position, really. At Ksite, you guys are WAAAAYYY more aggressive, we tend to let things develop a bit. If you want to shake us up though, and do it your way, go for it.

Linki @ K4J~ No, there are usually no NKs before the first lynch. Most host go right from the pregame into Day One.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

kneel4justice wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Why are you holding yourself? You and I both know nothing is going to get done that way, so why?
Any thoughts so far?

I'm holding myself because I don't want them to feel like we're taking over. I'm trying to play by their style. If the other game I'm currently playing is any indication, after day 0, comes day 1 and not night 0. That came as a surprise to me, which made me even more puzzled about the need for day 0.
In any case, the only one that seemed fishy to me was Mongoose for her over explanation, and maybe Sorsha for what you said, though I could still see her doing it as a townie. Neither is big enough to make me feel suspicious that much, but I'm keeping an eye on those two. You?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Day 0 periods it is pretty standard to not discuss suspicions at all, though players have been known to point out things they find suspicious or pingy.
I find half-blanket statements like this to be very fishy...
Is that a joke or are you being serious?
S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:So what is it that people do on day 0? Joke around? Because I have to admit, judging from the other game, people here are funny. But again, I have to ask, what's day 0 for?
Juggling for position, really. At Ksite, you guys are WAAAAYYY more aggressive, we tend to let things develop a bit. If you want to shake us up though, and do it your way, go for it.

Linki @ K4J~ No, there are usually no NKs before the first lynch. Most host go right from the pregame into Day One.
I actually want to try your style. Sadly, I find myself not being able to control my thoughts, haha.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Right now I am most suspicious of MP. It's mainly a feeling.
On one hand I feel like maybe he is just being welcoming and friendly, because he is kind of the bridge between KSITE and here.
But on the other I find him trying to be helpful. His posts are lengthy but there isn't any solid content/decision making which makes me think he is trying to appear townie like. But I am still not sure what to expect from a Day 0. I am going to quote something in a minute too. I'm multitasking. Lol
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:Right now I am most suspicious of MP. It's mainly a feeling.
On one hand I feel like maybe he is just being welcoming and friendly, because he is kind of the bridge between KSITE and here.
But on the other I find him trying to be helpful. His posts are lengthy but there isn't any solid content/decision making which makes me think he is trying to appear townie like. But I am still not sure what to expect from a Day 0. I am going to quote something in a minute too. I'm multitasking. Lol
I'll likely be voting for you Day 1.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

kneel4justice wrote:Right now I am most suspicious of MP. It's mainly a feeling.
Not feeling it yet, but it's early. We'll see
Epignosis wrote:
Expect defensiveness now, though it means nothing about his alliance :p
And why?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

MovingPictures07 wrote: All of that said, it still struck me as unnecessary and odd, but one thing I've learned is that drawing attention to players who exhibit behavior that to YOU seems unnecessary or odd doesn't catch you baddies. It just means you have two different minds and thus act differently. I've seen more players lynched over simple misunderstandings or lack of seeing each other's point of view than I have over actual, solid evidence.
I just have trouble understanding this method of thinking. Yes, I have seen misunderstandings, and there is a line between scummy behavior and just different styles. But why not at least make note of it, if you find it to be odd. While it could be something between playing styles, it could also be weird behavior from scum. And if you don't mention it, then you get absolutely nothing out of it.
I'm not sure what you mean by solid evidence, if you mean powers or just something a bit more suspicious? But I'd rather start now and small than too late. But I understand that's now how you guys do things so I am just going to allow you all to play your way and just keep commenting. I don't mean to barge in, like FZ I can't help myself. Lol
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:
Mkay.
Can't wait.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Matahari »

Hi new people. And old people.
I voted PU.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Epignosis wrote:
:omg: :omg:

@FZ: Orange was the sarcastic color back in the ol' Lostpedia days. I don't know if it's changed between Rev Mafia and here or what the color is now, but I always liked Sarcastic Orange. Perhaps SVS or MP know for sure what the designated color is.

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

MovingPictures07 wrote:one thing I've learned is that drawing attention to players who exhibit behavior that to YOU seems unnecessary or odd doesn't catch you baddies.
I have died many times to prove this. :noble:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
@FZ: Orange was the sarcastic color back in the ol' Lostpedia days. I don't know if it's changed between Rev Mafia and here or what the color is now, but I always liked Sarcastic Orange. Perhaps SVS or MP know for sure what the designated color is.
Oh, OK. I started out laughing, but then I stopped and thought I was missing something.
If sarcasm has a font color, half the posts here would be in that color... ;)

I think I've talked enough. I'm going to bed now.
I just want to say, it's really fun playing with new people and trying to adjust to a different style :D

If nothing changes, I think I'm voting for Mongoose.

Bye
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

It's still orange~ it's a Lostpedia tradition :) from like 2007 or 2008 ha ha
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Loulou26 »

I'm having a hard time keeping up lol not gonna lie. This is harder than I thought. I keep losing the last place I was here...
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Loulou26 »

kneel4justice wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: All of that said, it still struck me as unnecessary and odd, but one thing I've learned is that drawing attention to players who exhibit behavior that to YOU seems unnecessary or odd doesn't catch you baddies. It just means you have two different minds and thus act differently. I've seen more players lynched over simple misunderstandings or lack of seeing each other's point of view than I have over actual, solid evidence.
I just have trouble understanding this method of thinking. Yes, I have seen misunderstandings, and there is a line between scummy behavior and just different styles. But why not at least make note of it, if you find it to be odd. While it could be something between playing styles, it could also be weird behavior from scum. And if you don't mention it, then you get absolutely nothing out of it.
I'm not sure what you mean by solid evidence, if you mean powers or just something a bit more suspicious? But I'd rather start now and small than too late. But I understand that's now how you guys do things so I am just going to allow you all to play your way and just keep commenting. I don't mean to barge in, like FZ I can't help myself. Lol

I do agree with you here Kitty, can I still call you that here? Idk I don't want to type K4J it feels too weird to me lol. But yes, I agree, some things if they catch your eye should be mentioned because you never know if it can help you or others out later on in the game. Better to mention it now and get it out there rather than not.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

kneel4justice wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Any thoughts so far?

We're waiting to see what develops. As I elaborated in the KSite game, your mafia atmosphere is SO different than ours on so many levels. I thought YOU guys were nuts! Lol. I do not understand how anyone can assert anything with such confidence, especially so early on in a game, so I was shocked at all the accusations flying around in your game. Typically that doesn't happen to near the same degree here. It's just a cultural difference, I suppose.

Most games do not have a Night 0.

It's a way to get people acclimated to the game and ease into Day 1, as well as introduce the theme, and start up discussion. It also could be used to award prizes.

Lol, that's how I ALWAYS play, regardless of alignment. :p

You've seen me play over there, surely?

Also, we do NOT typically start gunning after each other Day 0. I don't understand how you're supposed to gleam evidence about someone's alignment when you have nothing to go off of.

kneel4justice wrote:
Odd does not equal suspicious. All it does is give baddies fodder to lynch people over ridiculous assertions and it leads to Salem witch hunt style accusations. "He's different! I don't understand his behavior and I don't see how it could be townie because that's not how I'd play as a townie, so let's lynch him!" It's logically completely unsound.

Yes, any behavior COULD be weird behavior from scum, but it's never that simple. Players all have different styles, different schedules, etc., and it's ridiculous to make a definitive assertion that someone is baddie based on one little comment, especially when one could understand the line of reasoning for such a comment if that person were a civvie or a baddie.

Solid evidence -- voting records, manipulative behavior, night powers, etc. See, our games we have public roles, so sometimes you can deduce someone based off of that information. Someone may survive an NK and you'd wonder, well, how? That's some sort of information, though it can be very speculative. What I find to be a much bigger indicator is voting record and posting behavior. These are concrete things you can assess over time, and while I do believe it is good to follow your gut, and I like to do it as well, most of the time there's so little information to base decisions off of so early in the game. Day 1 is typically a crapshoot, though there are your occasional Day 1s where you actually catch someone.

Anyway, I told you; I thought what I did about Sorsha's post, but then realized there could be any number of explanations for it, and I felt it in the civvies' best interest not to say anything just yet. I found it to be a meaningless observation, at least for now. Why flood the thread with observations that I believe will not help analysis?

I love to voice nearly everything I think, but I don't voice EVERYTHING I think... or I try not to, because when I do, I demand the thread like a foaming dog and get civvies lynched 9 times out of 10. I'm trying to better my game and one way I've realized to do that is to take a step back and consider perspectives before just blindly gunning after someone for something that indicates NOTHING about alignment.

If I seriously thought Sorsha's comment was genuinely suspicious, I would have said so. But it just struck me as a bit odd, not suspicious.

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

It still is!

In fact, we have a "sarc" button up there when you reply to a topic, much like OT.

A Person wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:one thing I've learned is that drawing attention to players who exhibit behavior that to YOU seems unnecessary or odd doesn't catch you baddies.
I have died many times to prove this. :noble:
This is very true.

So have others, but you are perhaps one of the best examples.

Loulou26 wrote:I'm having a hard time keeping up lol not gonna lie. This is harder than I thought. I keep losing the last place I was here...
You're doing a fantastic job, no worries. Games tend to be most talkative early on, then gradually die off. I'm sure it's MUCH more difficult consider you're adjusting to an entirely different style of play, more players than you're used to, and tons of players you do not know at all.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Loulou26 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

I do agree with you here Kitty, can I still call you that here? Idk I don't want to type K4J it feels too weird to me lol. But yes, I agree, some things if they catch your eye should be mentioned because you never know if it can help you or others out later on in the game. Better to mention it now and get it out there rather than not.
Don't get me wrong, I entirely agree with this... but when your observations are determined internally to be meaningless, why bother posting something meaningless?

Sometimes you can't just go in flailing in the thread based on EVERY single thing your gut is saying because you'd be a basket case.

I would know. :p
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Boomslang »

Mister Rearranger wrote:I have yet to get my gif on, so I'ma just leave this here:

This made my entire day :biggrin: But I'm going to watch the Bengals game, so I'll vote Parts Unknown now. Coolest name, and the fluff reasons check out.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 16

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote: Smilies have been added and they have been rearranged~ the commonest are on the posting page, and "personal" smilies, large ones and more active gifs have been moved to the second page. To find the ones not displayed in the posting box, go all of the way to the bottom of the smilies displayed next to the posting box, and it says "View More Smilies". Go to subsequent pages, and there they be :D

If you will use one there a lot, just memorize the code~
I'm super happy we have this one now. :wall: I need it a lot in mafia.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

One instance would be trusting me?? ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Summer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Summer »

Hmmm, this is interesting.

I never considered myself an aggressive Mafia player. Guru (K4J) and I would get into squabbles about how serious he took the game and the unnecessary need for it but now, as I was scrolling through, I find myself thinking what he must be thinking on Day 1 when we play. Why is no one scum-hunting? I don't mean to sound snotty by any means, but really, this seems rather pointless. What is the the point of Day 0? To let things develop? I am going to sound like such a hypocrite (because in our games I am always the one holding back and judging the actions, now I know it was because I was watching the other people shake things up) and Guru will likely call me out on it, but how are things going to develop if nothing happens? People have got to get in there and do things for things to develop. This is going to take some getting used to.

I do have to say (surprise, surprise) I am a little leery of FZ. I am fixing to reference a Ksite game (sorry, guys, I do that. I will try to explain as best I can) but one time when FZ was scum (or a baddie, as y'all call them, right?) she made a big hulabaloo about one of the players posting differently and saying how their style has changed. She used this as opportunity to make this player seem suspicious, as if they were hiding something about why they might be playing differently. The player wasn't scum, in fact, FZ was. So now, with FZ saying she is trying to match y'alls playing style, that just seems shady to me.

Why, FZ? Why match them? I can't help but wonder if you are trying to fade in with them so maybe Lou, Guru, Jenny and I (if we are all townies, possibly) won't pick up on your scum play that we know pretty well? I was coming in trying not to suspect you because I always do, but the last time I did that, it bit me in the butt. :p Nope, just giving in to my suspicion and if I am wrong, I am wrong. But I am going to point out things I feel are weird for you. (And not just you. :p)

And break time is over for tonight. Gotta get back to my Christmas gifts. Looks like I am going to have to catch up later tonight or tomorrow. I will admit, it looks like we (at least me, which I never expected!!) may be a little more aggressive than y'all, but I don't know of any other way to play!! I really am a nice person, I promise. :)
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Anyways, I see that this is already starting to turn ksiters vs. syndicators (our name is better :p )
But! I think a part of me is going to like these ksiters. I myself find stirring shit up quite enjoyable :feb:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"

Return to “Previous Jobs”