X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Re: X-Men [Day 0]

Post by Young Lady »

I came in like a wrecking ball

cough Sorry, what did I miss?
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

White Queen wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
It is now Day 0.

You have 48 hours to confirm the Danger Room sequence.
Avalanche, The host says we need to accomplish a specific goal, confirm the Danger Room sequence. Not take a chance or pick our favorite place, etc. We need to do something involving the Danger Room, which apparently is located at the school.
How do you know that?
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

You guys, we're programming the danger room itself, if we program the DR to be like the school so we can use the danger room inside of the school's simulation... Wouldn't that be like googling google?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

All those locations are simulations/holograms from the Danger Room. The school is just another place where danger can occur and so it's used in the Danger Room for training, and now we're choosing which simulation we'll get first. That's my understanding of it all.
Supervisor
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

Oh yes, I understand that. I was just making a philosophical query based on deadpool's comment.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host
Posts in topic: 45

Post by SmashKings »

Banshee wrote:You guys, we're programming the danger room itself, if we program the DR to be like the school so we can use the danger room inside of the school's simulation... Wouldn't that be like googling google?
But then we could program that danger room to create another school and so on until we're in an infinite loop of danger rooms and that would mean... Well, it'd all be kinda silly. Seriously though, having thought a bit on it if we are in the DR already and planning like an order of where to go then I think the school is probably the safest location we have and so it'd mean we start out somewhere pretty benign maybe? That's how I'm gonna vote anyway.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

Or even if not completely benign we'd want to know how to protect our school as it is our main base of operations and it comes under attack from time to time.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Polaris wrote:
White Queen wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
It is now Day 0.

Avalanche, The host says we need to accomplish a specific goal, confirm the Danger Room sequence. Not take a chance or pick our favorite place, etc. We need to do something involving the Danger Room, which apparently is located at the school.
How do you know that?
Someone at the very beginning of the thread said it was. Someone who says they knew a lot about X Men.
Assault
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by dodo »

Scarlet Witch wrote: You seem to have an ulterior motive for wanting to fight the Morlocks :ponder:
What are you basing that conclusion on? Fighting Morlocks needs no ulterior motive. It is per se desirable.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

White Queen wrote:
Polaris wrote:
White Queen wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
It is now Day 0.

How do you know that?
Someone at the very beginning of the thread said it was. Someone who says they knew a lot about X Men.
That's fine and all, but I was told that information from the actual X-Men doesn't affect the game. Meaning, people like myself who have no knowledge of X-Men are not at a disadvantage. I dunno though. :shrug:
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Saito »

Avalanche wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote: You seem to have an ulterior motive for wanting to fight the Morlocks :ponder:
What are you basing that conclusion on? Fighting Morlocks needs no ulterior motive. It is per se desirable.
I am basing it on that fact that you are pushing that option. Do you need that option to win on the poll?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Scarlet Witch wrote:
Avalanche wrote:
I am basing it on that fact that you are pushing that option. Do you need that option to win on the poll?
I need that option to win the poll in order to fight Morlocks first, yes, which is what I want to do. What about this are you still not getting?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Avalanche wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Avalanche wrote:
I need that option to win the poll in order to fight Morlocks first, yes, which is what I want to do. What about this are you still not getting?
What aren't you getting? I am suspicious of you pushing that particular option.
I do think I have been clear. :)
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Avalanche wrote:Just to clarify to everyone:
Fight Morlocks:

Go to stupid school:

Which looks cooler to you guys?
Also the picture you have for Morlocks is actually from a movie called The Time Machine in 1960.
See:

Second here is a picture of actual Morlocks:

So you are misleading a bit.

The Morlocks actually at one point are led by Storm. Most of them end up staying with the XMen so why do I want to fight someone who may down the road help?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

damn broken img

Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

I voted for the institute
To be recycled
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Grand Scheme »

Voted for cape citadel because capes are usually nice. :shrug:
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Avalanche wrote:
White Queen wrote: Do you have a motive for wanting people to not go to the school?
Yes. My motive is that I don't want to go there. I want to fight Morlocks.
Why do you want to fight a group of outcasts when the leader of the brotherhood base is on the list?
To be recycled
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Sockys2023 »

Whew, I almost missed it!

I think The Savage Land_ sounds fun, even though the School has already been picked. So I'll vote there.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I should clarify that both images are indeed Morlocks.

However The Time machine used them first in 1960.

Marvel Comics in a nod to the movie named their characters after them in 1983.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

So excited for the game to begin! I am an X-Men fan and know a little bit about the series. :D

In the current run of X-Men comics there is no Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. It was around in the mid 90's IIRC. Current X-Men stories there are two schools. One led by Wolverine and one led by Cyclops. Wolverine's school is in the same location as the traditional school's locale, but it's called the Jean Grey School. Cyclops's school is called the New Xavier School and is located at the old Weapon X Facility. I say this because I felt like the nerd in me was making me. :D

Anywhoo...I would agree that the school sounds like a decent choice to start things off. Though it should be noted that Asteroid M crashed into the Pacific Ocean off the coast of San Francisco. Cyclops ordered is brought to the surface where it eventually became the island of Utopia where the X-Men made their home for a number of years....all the way up until the big Avengers vs. X-Men event.

M-Day refers to the ending of the House of M storyline. In that storyline, Mutants were the Earth's dominant species. Magneto basically ran the world. In a fit of depression over losing her kids, Scarlett Witch famously said, "No more mutants" and wiped out most of the earth's mutant population.

Genosha was the site of a mass slaughter of mutants. I think something like 16 million mutants were killed there. :O

The New York City option doesn't sound good because I think that refers to when Apocalypse destroyed said city.

The Savage Land has an interesting history, but it's a very dangerous place. Not sure we would want to start there.

The Shi'ar Starship sounds interesting. The Shi'ar have great tech that the X-men have used. In fact, the Danger Room itself was created with 4 (I think 4) Shi'ar computers.

The other options I didn't mention are ones that I am not very familiar with. I would say my choice will be either the Xavier School or the Shi'ar ship because of the connection to the Danger Room. I would include Asteroid M in that if it were called Utopia...but it's not. lol.

If you can't tell, I'm excited for this game!
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Hawkeye wrote:All those locations are simulations/holograms from the Danger Room. The school is just another place where danger can occur and so it's used in the Danger Room for training, and now we're choosing which simulation we'll get first. That's my understanding of it all.
This sounds logical. If this is the case, I don't think it really matters where we begin.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Polaris wrote:
White Queen wrote:
Polaris wrote:
White Queen wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
It is now Day 0.

How do you know that?
That's fine and all, but I was told that information from the actual X-Men doesn't affect the game. Meaning, people like myself who have no knowledge of X-Men are not at a disadvantage. I dunno though. :shrug:
I know next to nothing about X Men myself. I saw the movie. In most games, not knowing much about the theme should not interfere in playing and having fun. BUT if some people know about the theme, why not take that info into account? I think this poll is possibly a destination poll, not dissimilar to Epigs first game, MOTU. We pick where we want to go, and our choices have an effect on what happens in the game. So if people who might know the theme as well as the host offer advice and info, I plan to listen to them.
Assault
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Havok, interesting thoughts on the Shiar option... am I remembering wrong about the brood using a Shiar starship??
Reporting
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

The Brood are connected to the Shi'ar.....I'm not sure about using the starship. I'm pretty sure the Shi'ar Empire is where the Brood first showed up.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Scarlet Witch wrote:I should clarify that both images are indeed Morlocks.

You win the prize for not being an idiot. Time Machine Morlocks are real Morlocks,

You are my friend now.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Bastion wrote:
Avalanche wrote:
White Queen wrote: Do you have a motive for wanting people to not go to the school?
Yes. My motive is that I don't want to go there. I want to fight Morlocks.
Why do you want to fight a group of outcasts when the leader of the brotherhood base is on the list?
Why do you not?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 38

Post by NurseWilgy »

Voted Asteroid M because it sounds the coolest.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Avalanche wrote:I can't believe how many people are taking the "safe" option. I thought you people were supposed to be superheroes!
I'm not understanding. What exactly is the problem with choosing the "safe" option? Would you rather choose a "dangerous" option.
I agree with those who said the safe option is the smartest.
Avalanche wrote:
White Queen wrote:Goal oriented =\= cowardly
I'm goal oriented. My goal is to go to the Morlock Tunnels and kill Morlocks. What are you, some kind of Morlock sympathizer?
But the Morlocks are not even the baddies. The brotherhood is.
Hawkeye wrote:All those locations are simulations/holograms from the Danger Room. The school is just another place where danger can occur and so it's used in the Danger Room for training, and now we're choosing which simulation we'll get first. That's my understanding of it all.
I didn't even think about the fact that we aren't actually going to this place for a simulation so it is likely danger will occ
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I meant to preview. I'm such an idiot. Lol

Well as I was saying. I didn't even think about the fact that we aren't actually going to this place for a simulation so it is likely danger will occur even at the Xavier Institute, that being said, I think that it's still logically and probably the wisest choice. I also agree with Muir island.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Havok wrote:So excited for the game to begin! I am an X-Men fan and know a little bit about the series. :D

In the current run of X-Men comics there is no Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. It was around in the mid 90's IIRC. Current X-Men stories there are two schools. One led by Wolverine and one led by Cyclops. Wolverine's school is in the same location as the traditional school's locale, but it's called the Jean Grey School. Cyclops's school is called the New Xavier School and is located at the old Weapon X Facility. I say this because I felt like the nerd in me was making me. :D

Anywhoo...I would agree that the school sounds like a decent choice to start things off. Though it should be noted that Asteroid M crashed into the Pacific Ocean off the coast of San Francisco. Cyclops ordered is brought to the surface where it eventually became the island of Utopia where the X-Men made their home for a number of years....all the way up until the big Avengers vs. X-Men event.

M-Day refers to the ending of the House of M storyline. In that storyline, Mutants were the Earth's dominant species. Magneto basically ran the world. In a fit of depression over losing her kids, Scarlett Witch famously said, "No more mutants" and wiped out most of the earth's mutant population.

Genosha was the site of a mass slaughter of mutants. I think something like 16 million mutants were killed there. :O

The New York City option doesn't sound good because I think that refers to when Apocalypse destroyed said city.

The Savage Land has an interesting history, but it's a very dangerous place. Not sure we would want to start there.

The Shi'ar Starship sounds interesting. The Shi'ar have great tech that the X-men have used. In fact, the Danger Room itself was created with 4 (I think 4) Shi'ar computers.

The other options I didn't mention are ones that I am not very familiar with. I would say my choice will be either the Xavier School or the Shi'ar ship because of the connection to the Danger Room. I would include Asteroid M in that if it were called Utopia...but it's not. lol.

Omg, I like you! Lol
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Exodus wrote:
Avalanche wrote: I'm goal oriented. My goal is to go to the Morlock Tunnels and kill Morlocks. What are you, some kind of Morlock sympathizer?
But the Morlocks are not even the baddies. The brotherhood is.
This confused me as well. Why would we be going after baddies (albeit simulated ones) that aren't even in the game? If anyone wants to pick an option where we'll find people to fight wouldn't it be better to vote for somewhere we'd be likely to find the Brotherhood?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Hey guys.

Guess what.

Can we go fight the Morlocks now?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Exodus wrote:
Havok wrote:So excited for the game to begin! I am an X-Men fan and know a little bit about the series. :D

Omg, I like you! Lol
:D

After giving this some more thought, I would have to agree with whomever said it that this poll is likely should be taken literally....to create an order for the simulated places that we will visit via the Danger Room. That there really is no wrong answer and that this is going to be a lot like the MotU game in that we will visit all of these places as the days go by. I still think that the Xavier School is a fine place to start things off, but it has plenty of votes already. So, I will vote for the Shi'ar Starship because it sounds like a very cool place to visit.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Avalanche wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:I should clarify that both images are indeed Morlocks.

You win the prize for not being an idiot. Time Machine Morlocks are real Morlocks,

You are my friend now.
Oh joy.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Havok wrote: :D

After giving this some more thought, I would have to agree with whomever said it that this poll is likely should be taken literally....to create an order for the simulated places that we will visit via the Danger Room. That there really is no wrong answer and that this is going to be a lot like the MotU game in that we will visit all of these places as the days go by. I still think that the Xavier School is a fine place to start things off, but it has plenty of votes already. So, I will vote for the Shi'ar Starship because it sounds like a very cool place to visit.
That is how I interpreted this
Epignosis wrote:
It is now Day 0.

and the poll question Confirm the order of the Danger Room Settings:
:shrug:

and then this as no one having any info
Epignosis wrote:
White Queen wrote:Mr Gnosis; does anyone have any information about this poll?
The Danger Room has all of the information.
It is possible that some of these locations may benefit certain groups. It looks like our first simulation will most definitely be at the institute. I do wonder though if this poll establishes the order for all future locations given there are a few ties and some options don't even have a vote, or perhaps we'll get a poll each night to choose our next destination.
Supervisor
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Hawkeye wrote: It is possible that some of these locations may benefit certain groups.
I'll tell you which group won't be benefited by us going to the Morlock Tunnels... the Morlocks!

Because we will fight and kill them.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Hawkeye wrote: It is possible that some of these locations may benefit certain groups. It looks like our first simulation will most definitely be at the institute. I do wonder though if this poll establishes the order for all future locations given there are a few ties and some options don't even have a vote, or perhaps we'll get a poll each night to choose our next destination.
I agree certain groups will probably gain benefit from specific locations. I imagine if this poll decides the order on its own then tied options will go one by one and Epi will just choose what order they go in?
Avalanche wrote:
Hawkeye wrote: It is possible that some of these locations may benefit certain groups.
I'll tell you which group won't be benefited by us going to the Morlock Tunnels... the Morlocks!

Because we will fight and kill them.
But as far as the game is concerned they aren't a group, so killing them does nothing. It'd be like the baddies sending in a kill PM for someone who isn't playing. Tbf if you wanna go there, do it. I don't see how it can hurt. You just seem really enthusiastic about fighting enemies who aren't exactly relevant.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Dazzler wrote: But as far as the game is concerned they aren't a group, so killing them does nothing. It'd be like the baddies sending in a kill PM for someone who isn't playing. Tbf if you wanna go there, do it. I don't see how it can hurt. You just seem really enthusiastic about fighting enemies who aren't exactly relevant.
Thank you for being so understanding. Maybe we will get a reward for fighting them, even though they are not roles in the game?
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Avalanche wrote:
Dazzler wrote: But as far as the game is concerned they aren't a group, so killing them does nothing. It'd be like the baddies sending in a kill PM for someone who isn't playing. Tbf if you wanna go there, do it. I don't see how it can hurt. You just seem really enthusiastic about fighting enemies who aren't exactly relevant.
Thank you for being so understanding. Maybe we will get a reward for fighting them, even though they are not roles in the game?
Maybe. Perhaps fighting them would be good practice, everyone could work on their earthquakes or energy beams or psychic powers, and I'll sit over here making sparkly lights at people :p
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I've just noticed that our locations say "Danger Room ID: Unknown." Is there a chance that each of us will separately go to the option we vote for? If that is the case, I sure hope at least one person comes with me to fight the Morlocks.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

I picked the Morlock tunnels.
Management
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

T-minus one hour and counting.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

X-Men [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Confirm the order of the Danger Room Settings:

Poll ended at Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Asteroid M_
Thunderbird (2), Domino (27)
7%

Cape Citadel_
Cable (25)
3%

Genosha_
No votes

M-Day_
No votes

The Morlock Tunnels_
Avalanche (11), Mikhail Rasputin (29)
7%

Muir Island_
The Vision (14), Mojo (15), Polaris (16), Longshot (19)
14%

New York City (During the Evacuation)_
Spiral (4), Sebastian Shaw (18)
7%

The Savage Land_
Shadowcat (20), Deathlok (26)
7%

The Shi'ar Empire Starship_
Marrow (5), Havok (28)
7%

Xavier Institute for Higher Learning_
Sunfire (6), White Queen (7), Exodus (8), Quicksilver (9), Deadpool (10), Banshee (13), Scarlet Witch (17), Hawkeye (21), Dazzler (23), Bastion (24)
34%

The Astral Plane_ (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), S~V~S (3), insertnamehere (12), Metalmarsh89 (22)
14%

Total votes : 29
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning
A seamless bristle of energy surrounded the inhabitants of The Danger Room, coloring each cold cobalt piece of the X-Mansion’s training facility with warm tones that reminded some of the ideal peaceful evening at home.

Books flooded shelves. Fire erupted under a mantle. A platter of cheeses and crackers on an antique tables, flanked by varied beverages, appeared ex nihilo.

The voice of Professor Charles Xavier- recorded years ago for the purpose of this training module- filled the elegant room:

“Danger comes in many forms for a mutant, nay, for anyone. Physical confrontation is but one source. Unfortunately, mental confrontation is something mutants are woefully and often unprepared for. After today’s bout of physical exercise, be prepared to immediately exert your minds.”

It is now Day 1. You have 48 hours to eliminate someone.

Danger Room ID acquired: 017 ... Polaris
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Re: X-Men [Day 1]

Post by Rachel Green »

So in the X-Men media, what does it mean when the Danger Room acquires your ID? I at least know the 17 comes from the fact that Polaris's name is the 17th on the poll (if I counted right) but have no idea what the "acquired" means.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Longshot wrote:So in the X-Men media, what does it mean when the Danger Room acquires your ID? I at least know the 17 comes from the fact that Polaris's name is the 17th on the poll (if I counted right) but have no idea what the "acquired" means.
I counted the same, seems like a fair assumption. We'll have to see if other IDs match up the same way. I'm only fairly familiar with X-Men (interested, have read a few comics and seen some of the films, wouldn't say I know a huge amount about it) but I've never heard of the Danger Room acquiring someone's ID. I think that's just a game mechanic. It did once develop sentience and turn itself into a robot that tried to kill everyone, hopefully that doesn't happen now with us all inside! :p
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Also maybe Polaris has a clearer view of what the ID thing means?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Interesting about Polaris. Checking the Day 0 poll, she wasn't one of the Xavier voters, so I wonder what its all about.
Reporting
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

I'd also like to know if Polaris has any insight on that. if anyone were to know, it would be them, right?

Return to “Previous Jobs”