Re: [DAY 4] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Dom »

Black Rock wrote:
Dom wrote:Hello

ello

llo

lo

o
Sorry, had a crap-tastic day and haven't been around much. I had to say goodbye to my best horsey friend today which was a very big shock. Spent half the day in bed feeling sorry for myself.
:( I'm sorry. :(
That the sucks. :/
Black Rock wrote:I voted for Dom since he seems to want to fight and LC's vote doesn't count.
Thank you. I am voting for me too.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 4

Who should fight?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56:08 pm

Black Rock
No votes

Boogs
Boogs (3) 11%

Boomslang
No votes

Bullzeye
Bullzeye (6), Boomslang (9) 22%

DisgruntledPorcupine 2.0
No votes

Dom
Long Con (4), Black Rock (7), Dom (8) 33%

Keterman
Keterman (2) 11%

Kylemii
Kylemii (5) 11%

Long Con's injured body! (host, injured)
MovingPictures07 (1) 11%

Total votes : 9
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 4] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 4: Bullzeye v. Dom

The winner of this fight is to be determined.

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to decide what you will do.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 28

Re: [NIGHT 4] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Bullzeye »

Good luck Dom! Try not to rough me up too much and I'll do you the same favour :p I noticed that Boomslang also voted me at some point but doesn't seem to have posted about doing so. Thanks of course, but was there a particular reason for the vote?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

That's strange, I'm sure there wasn't a Chicago fight club before... Or have I just not noticed it this entire time? I might go check it out actually. What do others think about their movements tonight?
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I pick shiny new fight club.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Dom »

I'm thinking I might have to visit the new Fight club! Although, I like not having to catch up here, tbh.

Boomslang's lack of post about voting Bullzye is strange. I'm not sure I see baddie motivation for it, though. Does anyone else?

This game is so crazy. Hopefully I don't get injured. You're on Bullz! :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dom wrote:I'm thinking I might have to visit the new Fight club! Although, I like not having to catch up here, tbh.

Boomslang's lack of post about voting Bullzye is strange. I'm not sure I see baddie motivation for it, though. Does anyone else?

This game is so crazy. Hopefully I don't get injured. You're on Bullz! :p
I'm tired of Wilmington, I've been trapped here for three days! I really hope you don't injure me so I can finally leave. I feel like a lot of people will be at this new fight club, drawn to the novelty. That should be interesting!

I don't see baddie motivation in Boomslang, but I am curious as to how he decided to vote for me. I like it when people share their thoughts, it makes the game more fun :)
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

good luck bullz and dom!

gonna visit chicago should be fun
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Boomslang »

Bullzeye wrote:Good luck Dom! Try not to rough me up too much and I'll do you the same favour :p I noticed that Boomslang also voted me at some point but doesn't seem to have posted about doing so. Thanks of course, but was there a particular reason for the vote?
Having realized that you lost a fight before, I figured that you were probably a base civ without special fighting powers or abilities. Therefore, someone who was safe to fight again.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boomslang wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Good luck Dom! Try not to rough me up too much and I'll do you the same favour :p I noticed that Boomslang also voted me at some point but doesn't seem to have posted about doing so. Thanks of course, but was there a particular reason for the vote?
Having realized that you lost a fight before, I figured that you were probably a base civ without special fighting powers or abilities. Therefore, someone who was safe to fight again.
Ah, that's quite a smart way to make a decision for someone who doesn't want to just vote for themselves. You're correct as well. Hopefully this time I can win. Is there any reason why you don't seem to want to fight? Or have you already fought once? I've lost track in all honesty of who has and hasn't won a fight.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Boomslang wrote:
Just curious, do you only want people who you think are civvies to fight?

To a more general audience:
In addition, do you think that fights could end up with someone dying? I'm not sure we've seen that. Has anyone even died this game?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dom wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Just curious, do you only want people who you think are civvies to fight?

To a more general audience:
In addition, do you think that fights could end up with someone dying? I'm not sure we've seen that. Has anyone even died this game?
DP died the other night. We have DP 2.0 with us now, I believe he replaced Russti? I'm sure someone will correct me on that if I'm remembering wrongly but yeah he's the only person to die as far as I know. Your question about who Boom (and everyone else, as I will extend it) is interesting. A lot of us in previous days, me included, wanted Llama to fight because people found some of the things he'd said dubious and objectionable. Other than that there haven't been many reasons given to make someone fight other than they simply want to do it. It does seem likely though that if I thought someone was bad I'd try to set them in a fight against someone who'd already got a win or two under their belt and was more likely to beat them.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

That's my line of thinking as well. I wouldn't want people I find suspicious to fight those who haven't fought before. I discussed this before with BWT. I found it odd that he wanted to vote Llama... or something? I can't remember the details.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dom wrote:That's my line of thinking as well. I wouldn't want people I find suspicious to fight those who haven't fought before. I discussed this before with BWT. I found it odd that he wanted to vote Llama... or something? I can't remember the details.
Checking your post history BWT seems to have volunteered himself to fight Llama, and you were worried that in doing so he'd make someone he found suspicious stronger. You needn't have worried though, BWT already won a fight. He seriously injured Aces on day 1 before coming here, so presumably he'd have fared better against Llama than LC did. MP did say though that someone of level one who'd never won a fight could still have a chance to beat someone of a higher level.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:
Dom wrote:That's my line of thinking as well. I wouldn't want people I find suspicious to fight those who haven't fought before. I discussed this before with BWT. I found it odd that he wanted to vote Llama... or something? I can't remember the details.
Checking your post history BWT seems to have volunteered himself to fight Llama, and you were worried that in doing so he'd make someone he found suspicious stronger. You needn't have worried though, BWT already won a fight. He seriously injured Aces on day 1 before coming here, so presumably he'd have fared better against Llama than LC did. MP did say though that someone of level one who'd never won a fight could still have a chance to beat someone of a higher level.
This feels a bit ominous given our current situation.

I was reading up on my post history. I couldn't remember that BWT battled tbh. The multiple thread thing makes the game a bit harder to keep track of than normal.

Does anyone else find it worrisome that we don't seem to have much discussion of who is bad? I feel like the civvies don't have a real tool to defeat baddies in this game. I don't think MP would design a game like that, so there's obviously more to the story, but it seems that way.

BR, I would say you're excellent at designing games, do you think I'm missing something?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dom wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
This feels a bit ominous given our current situation.

I was reading up on my post history. I couldn't remember that BWT battled tbh. The multiple thread thing makes the game a bit harder to keep track of than normal.
Yeah, that's understandable. I can barely remember most of what has happened, just the key points. Like I say, I had to check your post history to even recall that you'd discussed anything at all with BWT. I also had to double check that he'd won a fight. He mentioned it way back. Hopefully in Chicago more will become clear, I'm sure a lot of people will go to the new city and share everything that has happened to them.

Dom wrote:Does anyone else find it worrisome that we don't seem to have much discussion of who is bad? I feel like the civvies don't have a real tool to defeat baddies in this game. I don't think MP would design a game like that, so there's obviously more to the story, but it seems that way.
I wonder if the game will change at some point and we will get back to a more traditional way of ridding ourselves of suspicious people. It's an MP game, so obviously we haven't the slightest idea what could be around the next corner. The policemen are hunting for recruits, and there seems to be some small chance of fights being fatal for now. I definitely agree we haven't had much discussion about who might be bad. Is there anyone you currently find suspicious?
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 33

Post by a2thezebra »

I think it's safe to say that we are currently in the first stage of a multi-stage game. MP makes it clear in the opening post that Project Mayhem will start at some point. I think when that happens, that's when scumhunting (and probably lynching) becomes our main objective. But with the Policemen roles and such, it's hard to say how that will go down. Hopefully going to Chicago will help us answer at least a few questions.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Keterman wrote:I think it's safe to say that we are currently in the first stage of a multi-stage game. MP makes it clear in the opening post that Project Mayhem will start at some point. I think when that happens, that's when scumhunting (and probably lynching) becomes our main objective. But with the Policemen roles and such, it's hard to say how that will go down. Hopefully going to Chicago will help us answer at least a few questions.
I agree with this. I would guess that MP probably has a set number of days/fights/recruitments in mind, and once that number is passed we will enter stage two. I think the Policemen will continue to function as a sort of anti-mafia mafia, hunting for recruits and trying to kill them off when they can while we look to lynch the rest of our enemies. I definitely think Chicago will hold some answers or at the very least more opportunities for in-depth discussion with a wider range of people.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Keterman wrote:I think it's safe to say that we are currently in the first stage of a multi-stage game. MP makes it clear in the opening post that Project Mayhem will start at some point. I think when that happens, that's when scumhunting (and probably lynching) becomes our main objective. But with the Policemen roles and such, it's hard to say how that will go down. Hopefully going to Chicago will help us answer at least a few questions.
wait... project mayhem hasn't started yet?

wasn't there a post a while ago saying "project mayhem has begun" or was that just in New Castle? *searches*
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Night 1: The Mayhem Begins

Project Mayhem has begun.
yeah
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:
I agree with this. I would guess that MP probably has a set number of days/fights/recruitments in mind, and once that number is passed we will enter stage two. I think the Policemen will continue to function as a sort of anti-mafia mafia, hunting for recruits and trying to kill them off when they can while we look to lynch the rest of our enemies. I definitely think Chicago will hold some answers or at the very least more opportunities for in-depth discussion with a wider range of people.
You insist Chicago is the way to go-- I wouldn't disagree, the novelty attracts me. However, I am surprised you think it will "hold answers" for us.
That's a very specific claim. I have no reason to think that we will get "answers" in Chicago other than the number of people being large, so information sharing could be key.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

As to who I find suspicious, I don't think I genuinely suspect anyone because we haven't had anything I'd call traditional in this game. However, I definitely do not trust Llama and DH.
I am beginnign to add you to that list, tbh, but to a much lesser extent and mostly because we are fighting. :p
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dom wrote: You insist Chicago is the way to go-- I wouldn't disagree, the novelty attracts me. However, I am surprised you think it will "hold answers" for us.
That's a very specific claim. I have no reason to think that we will get "answers" in Chicago other than the number of people being large, so information sharing could be key.
I'm confused here because you seem to have understood my post while also misinterpreting a lot of it. The reason I think we will find answers (as in possibly be able to work things out better) in Chicago is because I think a lot of people will go there so we will have more opportunities for discussion as opposed to here where there are like 9 people and barely any conversation at all has happened until now. I'm not insisting on Chicago, I just think it's a good idea to go where presumably a lot of people would go. Everyone else can do as they please.
Dom wrote:As to who I find suspicious, I don't think I genuinely suspect anyone because we haven't had anything I'd call traditional in this game. However, I definitely do not trust Llama and DH.
I am beginnign to add you to that list, tbh, but to a much lesser extent and mostly because we are fighting. :p
I will say again that I think the DH thing is inaccurate, if you distrust him because of the discussion on day 3. His suggestion back in Newcastle, as I understood it, was that those of us leaving should stick together just in case anyone in the cities we went to decided they wanted to band together and force newcomers to fight. Not really the same as Llama's suggestion that Wilmington natives literally group up and kill off anyone who comes here. In fact, Llama's way of thinking is exactly what DH was hoping to counteract. If I hadn't been seriously injured at the time I'd have brought this up. I'm sure everyone knows how frustrating it is to be silenced with something you really NEED to say.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Black Rock »

Crap, I forgot to vote.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 33

Post by a2thezebra »

Couldn't you still vote?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Black Rock »

Keterman wrote:Couldn't you still vote?

It was closed.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry, everyone, I knew I would be busy for lunch today but had no idea I would get tied up so long with company (which was good, don't get me wrong, just unforeseen).

I'm going to start working on night stuff now and get the post up ASAP.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

NIGHT 4

What will you do?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:59:10 pm

Check out the fight club in Delaware City, DE
No votes

Check out the fight club in New Castle, DE
No votes

Check out the fight club in Penns Grove, NJ
No votes

Check out the fight club in Chicago, IL
Keterman (2), DisgruntledPorcupine (3), Bullzeye (4), Kylemii (5), Dom (6) 83%

Stay here!
No votes

Nothing! (host, injured)
MovingPictures07 (1) 17%
Total votes : 6
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 4: The Shot That Changed the Game

Bullzeye has won the fight. Dom has been seriously injured and must sit out all of Day 5 and Night 5 recovering.

The Policemen have found suspicious activity in DharmaHelper. He was shot and killed to death. He was not Tyler, however, but a recruited Civilian.

The game's nature is changing.

To be continued...
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Good job policemen. :)

So this is Chicago huh? It seems very familiar.

Games nature changing.... I wonder what that could mean.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [END] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

You should now redirect your attention to the thread in the Fight Club section entitled [DAY 5].

Good luck.

Return to “Previous Jobs”