69%

Total votes: 13
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 300
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

DFaraday wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:11 am Didn't realize this started on Thursday. Just 500 posts to get through...
Oh DFaraday was here last night. #downwithketchup

#savesloonei

Would love to hear anything you have to say when you get the chance, Mr Faraday.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have school things to read, this game isn't a school thing. Don't lynch me and squeeze Colin.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:54 pm Townlean on Kness. He’s saying things I expect town Kness to say.

Pro tip if you’re going to use a notepad. Take a selfie with the notepad to prove you are really using it. Based on past experiences, this leads to victory 100% of the time.
What kinds of things does town K-Ness say?
It’s really more about coming across as dipping a toe in the water vs coming across as scared to even do that. He doesn’t seem overwhelmed like he’s not worried about being caught.

I think he’d be a little more chipper if he randed Megaman btw.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I didn't read Sloonei's Elohnalysis yet; didn't want to be influenced.
Elohcin wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:21 pm Checking in! Haha. Sorry it took me so long to come around. The end of the week is...well....It's that work I am not supposed to say in mafia anymore. I guess I better get to reading.
I don't get the reference about the 'work' but I think she must have meant 'word', and I still don't know what it is. I don't see this as alignment-indicative.
Elohcin wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:32 pm As I was working today, Epi told me I had 12 pages to read already. I guess he cannot count.

Looks like I haven't missed much.
nutella wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:17 pm It was a nice quiet Day 0. Nothing happened.
Who are you and what have you done with Jay
I like new Jay.
Pretty bland stuff. A baddie would like the new Jay because the new Jay is laid-back and the old Jay is super-interrogative? I don't know the likelihood of Eloh knowing her alignment at this time anyway, but I guess going forward I'll assume the baddies know they're baddies.
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 am So, what are we dealing with here? Closed setup, and we don't even know which roles are on the bad team.

So, what is the method of catching someone on Day 1? Ask questions and hope someone slips up?
Create a whirlwind of a thread by facilitating maximal activity. Ask questions, make comments, and hurl accusations at every opportunity. The thread needs to be a pressured and even stressful environment.

I ain’t got no time fo’ dat today so y’all get busy.
So in other words, "y'all get started and get the dirty work done and I will come back in here before the vote and make my assessment on which bandwagon I should jump on." Sounds bad to me. My first accusation is on YOU. Not only just this post. But, this post was given at12:54am. You then go on posting frequently until 3:08am. That is over 2 hours. And you have no time to ask questions, make comments, hurl accusations? There was no opportunity for that? Then you must have slept or something because you came back in the early pm posting exactly 9 hours later. At 1:48pm you talk about what you will do once you feel like actually playing the game. Again, you post frequently for 1 hour (1:48pm-2:42pm) not really saying anything. I do NOT like Jay in Mega-Man, I do not like him, Sam-I-Am.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Jack - I always post early on and often. I just don't often say much game related crap because I am too busy trying to keep up with the reading in the little bit of time I have to devote to mafia.

Okay, already this is pretty far from "I like the new Jay". Now it's "I am accusatorily critical of the new Jay". Does Eloh always post early and often? I don't recall. I thought that she usually didn't get to into a game until a few days had passed, at least. These two things are what stand out to me, and neither makes me feel more Civ about Eloh.

Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:17 pm Alongside my sus of Jay, I think Quin is civ, I think Mac is civ, I think Sloon could have slipped saying "If I'm Civ" but I see no other signs pointing to baddie, and I am neutral on nutella although she is being kind-of mean overall.

Quin, don't let anything make you guess your coolness.

Nutella, saying things like "naw bish" doesn't make you cool. :P

And what is this love relationship going on between Mac and Nut?

Sloon, I doubt anything happened to Jay on Day 0. I think he was telling the truth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:58 am
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:52 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:36 pm I forget how to play mafia. Someone remind me.
Scumread. :omg:
Jack threw a scumread on me for a post I made before I had an alignment. I assume he did the same for others.

This gives me a townread on Jack.
Jack isn't the recruiter. I'll say that. I don't know about the rest of it since he may not have had an alignment at the time himself.
We were well into Day 1 when he started throwing these posts around. He had an alignment.
Sloonei, I am confused. Did Jack through out cum reads before or after alignments were given. I see a contradiction in your posts here.
Valid contradiction callout, I don't recall the answer, but I imagine Sloonei has already touched on it.

Couple of rapid-fire reads at the top, and Civ reads at that. Not my favourite look, it's just about the easiest thing for a baddie to do. Some fluff commentary.
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:22 pm I just ready the post where Jay says he meant nothing happened in the thread. That is how I read it, but I still think nothing happened to him personally either. I am not sure anything happened to anyone on Day 0.
The last sentence is the most relevant to me. The statement of a Civilian, a Civ in the dark. Baddies may or may not have known, but Civs definitely didn't know. Can't tell if it's genuine or not, but I lean genuine.
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:22 pm Let's slow down the linki here...I am trying to catch up and my eyeballs hurt
null
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:24 pm
K-Ness wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:50 am I'll resist the urge to get into the technical definition of reploid (pings me a bit that it was used, but it's probably just an honest mistake).

Being completely frank, I have some gut feelings on a couple of players, but I admit that I am not familiar with most of the players here. There are a few standout interactions that are pinging me, though.
Please share. Sometimes a fresh eye is what we need.
Can't fault this contribution I suppose.

Overall mildly suspicious of Elohcin.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

There was never a contradiction in my posts about Jack, just misunderstanding. I've explained it several times already, but since it's been brought up (in the background) again: Jack gave me a scum read on Day 1 (after alignments were assigned), but the read was (apparently) based on a post that I had made on Day 0 (prior to alignments being assigned).

Jack has since suggested that his read had nothing to do with my post, in which case I question what it was based on at all. He's not addressed this as far as I know. [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] what is your read on me and why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Thanks for repeating it again, Sloon. It's not that I don't read the posts, just I guess that it's a pretty uninteresting point when all is said and done. No contradiction.

Elohcin didn't read deeply enough to understand that. Is that an indicator of evil? She was looking for an accusation to use, rather than looking for full comprehension?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If Eloh doesn't think anything happened to me on Day 0, why does she want to hang me?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention], normally I am the guy preventing people from lynching you for stupid reasons (it's one reason you always get mislynched when I host). I keep looking through this thread for that sort of climate or motivation, or for clear civilian indicators in your posts. I am not finding the inspiration I usually find.

What do you think is the best indicator in this thread so far that you're a civilian?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Infected_alien8_[/mention], you seemed confused about my quick town read on you. I explained it here, and I'm not sure if you saw. If you don't get it, ask a specific question please.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:51 am
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:49 am JaggedJimmyJay

What's up with your alien town read?
He’s played one game with me. I was a stencil-drawn factory-built version of JJJ with all of the fixings. To start this game I am nothing of the sort. He is still new enough to my play to genuinely wonder if this is my meta:

Civilian: go ham

Mafia: dick around

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

GO BENGALS

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

KYLE

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 323
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:04 pm I suspect Speedchuck less after seeing the quote from Epi about Light and Wiley recruiting. Sloonei would then be my top suspect, but there's already votes on him. Oh well. [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

I doubt Sloonei will be lynched today. There's no way this stays as-is for the next 19 hours.
See Speedchuck! I that’s what friends do! They help out their friends. And you’re all my friends!!! :daisy:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:33 pm Fun fact, the first Mega Man game was painted by Leonardo da Vinci in 1483. The game was called Magnus Homo and Mega Man's penis was two pixels wide, which was considered revolutionary at the time. Many people don't know this.
This is the opposite of “Big Dick Energy” :D
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DFaraday wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:11 am Didn't realize this started on Thursday. Just 500 posts to get through...
Oh DF, you never change :hugs:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:14 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:59 am
Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:57 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:48 am
Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:44 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:41 am
Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:40 am

I don't know why I'd say it in the first place as scum for what is practically zero benefit when I could just not say it and avoid the whole charade altogether.

I misread, that's all.
vote for somebody, please and thank you.
If you insist.

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
Why her?
Don't like her defence of speedchuck.
What don't you like about it? And what do you think of speedchuck?
She called a speedchuck lynch on day 1 lazy (as though he, over anyone else, deserves to live longer than Day 1) and gave me some crap about how she didn't want him to be lynched because of the 'speedchuck is always bad' rhetoric. Nobody has brought up the speedchuck is always bad rhetoric.

She wants to save speedchuck for disingenuous reasons. Not sure if buddying or w/w, but she's bad.
I most certainly brought up the “Speedchuck is always bad” rhetoric. In fact I called attention to it not being the case!
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:36 am Sloonei probably is town. Even if he is pushing me to actually hunt. :pout:

I'll probably devote an hour later today to finding someone. Busy day as is. Doubt I'll stay on Sprit, though I'm still weirded out by his buddy-buddy shtick.
It’s not buddy buddy! I’m just trying to spread the happiness. I think Sloonei needs happiness right about now but he will have to wait until after I submit my final project tonight
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:51 pm Sloonei, normally I am the guy preventing people from lynching you for stupid reasons (it's one reason you always get mislynched when I host). I keep looking through this thread for that sort of climate or motivation, or for clear civilian indicators in your posts. I am not finding the inspiration I usually find.

What do you think is the best indicator in this thread so far that you're a civilian?
I don't know what to do but I am working to remedy that. My workload may not be as much as it normally would be in a situation like this (I flooded the thread a little bit last night, but it was limited), and that's because of real life situations. I don't feel like I've gotten off the ground in this game yet, but I'm working on it. That's the best impersonal argument in my favor that I can think to offer. I'm trying to figure out what to do and I just want to be afforded the time to get there. It's always an awkward task when one is at the center of all the suspicion in the thread.

Additionally, I'm struggling to grasp the suspicions against me. It's always a little challenging in that I know my intentions for what they are, but I can't enter the minds of other people and see myself clearly through their eyes, but I'm having more trouble than usual here. Mac's suspicion, as I've noted, has been particularly frustrating because it doesn't even seem (from my perspective) to have a clear point of origin: it just exists, and it seems to have opened the floodgates for other suspicions given the strength with which he voiced the read early on. I didn't take it seriously at first, and I think this has negatively affected the way people are reading me. Nutella and Long Con (and everyone else, apparently) seem to have derived most of the suspicion from my couple of posts about Long Con, but to me that was just boilerplate Day 1 rhetoric and I'm stunned by the heat its brought on me. Maybe that's the issue: maybe it looked like I was just vomiting words into the thread so that I could look like Sloonei. I'd say it was more the case that I was trying to kickstart my own involvement. Lunalee presented a theory about LC at a time when I was having trouble forming any reads at all. I seized onto it because it was there and I wanted to use that as my point of entry into the game. It worked, in that it allowed everybody to vote for me. I'm here now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Do not worry seasoning pal! I will return to cheer you up!

For now, bye-onara
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I still think Colin's vote for me is yucky. I'm anxious about Long Con's because he seemed to indicate A) that he didn't want me to be lynched and B) that he didn't want to vote for me, but then defaulted to me anyway. Jack's vote has been parked for a while and I've asked him to elaborate on it a couple of times but he's not done so.

I'm gonna return to LC's vote because now that I am thinking about it again, it may have elements that I think are yucky too.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm fine with Sloonei's explanations, I don't expect he'll be lynched today. I'll follow my suspicions with a vote on Elohcin at this time. [VOTE: Elohcin] aubergine

Linki: Feel free to continue analyzing my vote for you, it's not yucky.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm fine with Sloonei's explanations, I don't expect he'll be lynched today. I'll follow my suspicions with a vote on Elohcin at this time. [VOTE: Elohcin] aubergine

Linki: Feel free to continue analyzing my vote for you, it's not yucky.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I will say this for Sloonei. I initially had a scumread on him cause he’s an obvious recruit like Jay but it doesn’t seem players but rather roles are recruited so scratch that.

His D0/D1 Jack this shouldn’t cause him to be suspect. It’s very simple. On D1, I quoted one of Sloonei’s D0 posts. Wily/Light/X/PM aside, Sloonei has no alignment in the post I quoted but I had an alignment when I quoted it. Don’t get why...Nutella and Mac? had a problem with it.

I’d maybe still lynch Sloonei today. I dislike his handling of LC. I think Eloh’s inconsistent Jay read is more likely to net a baddie though.

Change vote Eloh
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:04 pm I suspect Speedchuck less after seeing the quote from Epi about Light and Wiley recruiting. Sloonei would then be my top suspect, but there's already votes on him. Oh well. [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

I doubt Sloonei will be lynched today. There's no way this stays as-is for the next 19 hours.
This post looks a bit different than it did in my memory, but I still want to investigate it. I don't object to LC progressing down his list of reads to arrive at me. His ambivalence towards the pre-existing votes on me doesn't need to be a concern, but I can pick out a little bit of unease there. There is a hint of concern for the optics of the vote, or at least putting his suspect in danger of being lynched. I understand as much as anyone the concern with not wanting to overwhelm the poll in one particular direction too early, but that little note of hesitation before parking his vote on his top suspect gives me cause to question his mindset.

The second paragraph is the part that I recalled as a concern. "I doubt Sloonei will be lynched today." In my memory I conflated that as "I'd prefer not to be lynched today", which I'm not seeing as clearly anymore, though I can still detect a bit of that mindset. By downplaying the likelihood that I'm going to be lynched, he is in a sense nullifying this vote: I doubt Sloonei will be lynched today, therefore this vote doesn't matter. Combined with the step of hesitation before announcing the vote, I can read this whole thing, again, as scum carefully testing the scales to see if he can get it to tip one way, while also parking a safe vote on a player who's already widely-suspected.

This is all deep speculation and not a theory that I want to run with right now (look at me, carefully testing the scales), but when I look at LC's vote I have these lingering doubts and I figure I'm better off expressing them now, if for no other reason than to make my thoughts known. I still have him as a town read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Haha

[VOTE: Elohcin] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Honestly, I just like lynching Epi and his family.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I object less strongly to Eloh's lynch than my own, but I would also still like to see some discussion around Colin. He hasn't provided a bunch of content, but that's part of my problem with him. It seems like the opportunity has been there for him to get more involved, but he hasn't seized it. It's unfair to pile this sort of suspicion on him when he's absent, though. Still, I think he's someone we can talk about.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:22 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:20 am
Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:14 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:59 am
Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:57 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:48 am
Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:44 am

If you insist.

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
Why her?
Don't like her defence of speedchuck.
What don't you like about it? And what do you think of speedchuck?
She called a speedchuck lynch on day 1 lazy (as though he, over anyone else, deserves to live longer than Day 1) and gave me some crap about how she didn't want him to be lynched because of the 'speedchuck is always bad' rhetoric. Nobody has brought up the speedchuck is always bad rhetoric.

She wants to save speedchuck for disingenuous reasons. Not sure if buddying or w/w, but she's bad.
I can think of at least one reason why lunalee would be emotionally compeled to defend speedchuck and it has nothing to do with this game.
Is it because they're smushing booties?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:51 pm Sloonei, normally I am the guy preventing people from lynching you for stupid reasons (it's one reason you always get mislynched when I host). I keep looking through this thread for that sort of climate or motivation, or for clear civilian indicators in your posts. I am not finding the inspiration I usually find.

I don't know what to do but I am working to remedy that. My workload may not be as much as it normally would be in a situation like this (I flooded the thread a little bit last night, but it was limited), and that's because of real life situations. I don't feel like I've gotten off the ground in this game yet, but I'm working on it. That's the best impersonal argument in my favor that I can think to offer. I'm trying to figure out what to do and I just want to be afforded the time to get there. It's always an awkward task when one is at the center of all the suspicion in the thread.

Additionally, I'm struggling to grasp the suspicions against me. It's always a little challenging in that I know my intentions for what they are, but I can't enter the minds of other people and see myself clearly through their eyes, but I'm having more trouble than usual here. Mac's suspicion, as I've noted, has been particularly frustrating because it doesn't even seem (from my perspective) to have a clear point of origin: it just exists, and it seems to have opened the floodgates for other suspicions given the strength with which he voiced the read early on. I didn't take it seriously at first, and I think this has negatively affected the way people are reading me. Nutella and Long Con (and everyone else, apparently) seem to have derived most of the suspicion from my couple of posts about Long Con, but to me that was just boilerplate Day 1 rhetoric and I'm stunned by the heat its brought on me. Maybe that's the issue: maybe it looked like I was just vomiting words into the thread so that I could look like Sloonei. I'd say it was more the case that I was trying to kickstart my own involvement. Lunalee presented a theory about LC at a time when I was having trouble forming any reads at all. I seized onto it because it was there and I wanted to use that as my point of entry into the game. It worked, in that it allowed everybody to vote for me. I'm here now.
I might assert that it isn't your overall handling of LC that has brought the most heat upon you, but rather one post. It's the one I criticized among numerous others. Do you not understand why that post is being viewed with concern?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:18 am As jaggedjimmjay, by the powers gifted to me, i deman reads on Elohcin
I’m not sure what to do with you this game, Jay.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Gasp! It was Eloh with the bs contradiction call out.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:08 pm

I might assert that it isn't your overall handling of LC that has brought the most heat upon you, but rather one post. It's the one I criticized among numerous others. Do you not understand why that post is being viewed with concern?
I suppose that's what I was trying to grapple with in my second paragraph. I also addressed your concerns directly here, but to elaborate more fully: My intention, as I've said, was more about initiating my own involvement in this game than developing a read on any one player. I felt that my intentions had been misconstrued as suspicion against LC and I wanted to clarify the point. I suppose I was not actively developing my Long Con read there, but that's not to say I was unconcerned with him. I was reading him as town (and still am) and wanted us to be operating in a space where that was understood to be the case.

I understand that it looks funky that I was voting for him in the middle of all this, but that's just part of my voting philosophy which you're familiar enough with already. Simply put, my vote was meant to highlight that Long Con was a topic of discussion, not that he was a suspect.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:35 pm Gasp! It was Eloh with the bs contradiction call out.
I took it more as a genuine question than a call out.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:23 pm

This post looks a bit different than it did in my memory, but I still want to investigate it. I don't object to LC progressing down his list of reads to arrive at me. His ambivalence towards the pre-existing votes on me doesn't need to be a concern, but I can pick out a little bit of unease there. There is a hint of concern for the optics of the vote, or at least putting his suspect in danger of being lynched. I understand as much as anyone the concern with not wanting to overwhelm the poll in one particular direction too early, but that little note of hesitation before parking his vote on his top suspect gives me cause to question his mindset.

The second paragraph is the part that I recalled as a concern. "I doubt Sloonei will be lynched today." In my memory I conflated that as "I'd prefer not to be lynched today", which I'm not seeing as clearly anymore, though I can still detect a bit of that mindset. By downplaying the likelihood that I'm going to be lynched, he is in a sense nullifying this vote: I doubt Sloonei will be lynched today, therefore this vote doesn't matter. Combined with the step of hesitation before announcing the vote, I can read this whole thing, again, as scum carefully testing the scales to see if he can get it to tip one way, while also parking a safe vote on a player who's already widely-suspected.

This is all deep speculation and not a theory that I want to run with right now (look at me, carefully testing the scales), but when I look at LC's vote I have these lingering doubts and I figure I'm better off expressing them now, if for no other reason than to make my thoughts known. I still have him as a town read.
I agree with the underlined and it is the post that is preventing me from townreading LC.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

QFT
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i would definitely lynch elohcin before sloonei

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sloob asked for colin thoughts. i looked at colin.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:47 pm [VOTE: SLOONEY] aubergine

I'll try to keep tabs on this tomorrow
i don't know why this vote exists. given that it was a wagon, that's not great. plus his suspicion of me made me fart; it was so weak. so i wouldn't call colin a civilian read

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day0]

Post by Simon »

K-Ness wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 pmHello everyone.
Hello mega man who is currently doing cabbage patch :DJ:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Dom »

catching up

speedchuck wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:16 am I think the reason people suspect Quin is because his "what are tha rules " posts were the most fake-sounding
i am agree
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:48 am Going to bed, I guess I'll place my vote on mac for now and see if that goes anywhere, good night!

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
i am disagree
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Dom »

k
i also don't like eloh this game rn
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dom wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:42 pm k
i also don't like eloh this game rn
you'll be in agreement with others once youre caught up! :clap:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:48 pm

I agree with the underlined and it is the post that is preventing me from townreading LC.
That makes it my new favourite post of the game.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Friend sloonei, I want to believe in you, but im also having a hard time understanding how you go from defending yourself, to ISO walls, to text walls defending yourself again. The ISOs just cluttered my head trying to read through and I didnt necessarily see any congruent pattern/reason to them. But it looks like your hard work has paid off, your persistence on the truth has prevailed! It would appear though that the three voting you havent returned/wont return. I should see why theyre voting you, although i remember you saying yourself "nutella has provided why shes voting me" or something close to that. People are also talking about Eloh being suspicious but i cant recall anything shes said to be present really! Can someone just point to me exactly the post where Eloh is looking bad?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:56 pmPeople are also talking about Eloh being suspicious but i cant recall anything shes said to be present really! Can someone just point to me exactly the post where Eloh is looking bad?
I want you to look at Eloh yourself and report your findings.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:42 pm I assumed Mac was just doing his usual antagonistic thing with me at first but now he seems to be sincerely riding the "everything Sloonei does is bad" train, I assume because it worked in Greece. But here it's all just fart butter and I wouldn't care about it one bit if it wasn't directed at me.

I'd prefer not to spend the rest of the phase defending myself though. Haters can hate. I'm a player, and players play.
There are several other people suspicious of you. You have been suspicious. Fart butter is a better description of your play than mine.
I refer only to your suspicion as fart butter. I’m not sure what its origins are or even what the main points are. You’ve just been highlighting posts of mine and saying “bad” because that worked in Ancient Greece. Nutella substantiated her read. LC did as well, even though I think part of that is a misunderstanding. Colin is bad. Jack’s a wildcard. You’re jusr dragging suspicion out of everything I say and it’s exhausting to try to address that at every point.

I stopped my analysis because i’m in school now and I have work to do and should also probably go to sleep at some point.
Nutella and LC substantiated their reads?

How much substantiation does a day 1 case require to not be fart butter?

Let's talk about Colin more because I agree with you.
Correction! mac has agreed with sloonei about colin and also has voiced a suspicion of eloh. although he just hasnt changed his vote either. how odd :shrug2:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:56 pm Friend sloonei, I want to believe in you, but im also having a hard time understanding how you go from defending yourself, to ISO walls, to text walls defending yourself again. The ISOs just cluttered my head trying to read through and I didnt necessarily see any congruent pattern/reason to them. But it looks like your hard work has paid off, your persistence on the truth has prevailed! It would appear though that the three voting you havent returned/wont return. I should see why theyre voting you, although i remember you saying yourself "nutella has provided why shes voting me" or something close to that. People are also talking about Eloh being suspicious but i cant recall anything shes said to be present really! Can someone just point to me exactly the post where Eloh is looking bad?
There was no real structure to my ISOs. They were a result of my frustration and confusion, and my desire to actively involve myself in this game rather than spiraling into self-defense in all my posts. I just picked names that appeared to me and which I didn't have a firm read on already.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:58 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:56 pmPeople are also talking about Eloh being suspicious but i cant recall anything shes said to be present really! Can someone just point to me exactly the post where Eloh is looking bad?
I want you to look at Eloh yourself and report your findings.
as you command jerry bear, king of snuggles :hugs:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:59 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:56 pm Friend sloonei, I want to believe in you, but im also having a hard time understanding how you go from defending yourself, to ISO walls, to text walls defending yourself again. The ISOs just cluttered my head trying to read through and I didnt necessarily see any congruent pattern/reason to them. But it looks like your hard work has paid off, your persistence on the truth has prevailed! It would appear though that the three voting you havent returned/wont return. I should see why theyre voting you, although i remember you saying yourself "nutella has provided why shes voting me" or something close to that. People are also talking about Eloh being suspicious but i cant recall anything shes said to be present really! Can someone just point to me exactly the post where Eloh is looking bad?
There was no real structure to my ISOs. They were a result of my frustration and confusion, and my desire to actively involve myself in this game rather than spiraling into self-defense in all my posts. I just picked names that appeared to me and which I didn't have a firm read on already.
that is an acceptable answer :p

still, im still determining how i want to think of it
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:23 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 am So, what are we dealing with here? Closed setup, and we don't even know which roles are on the bad team.

So, what is the method of catching someone on Day 1? Ask questions and hope someone slips up?
Create a whirlwind of a thread by facilitating maximal activity. Ask questions, make comments, and hurl accusations at every opportunity. The thread needs to be a pressured and even stressful environment.

So in other words, "y'all get started and get the dirty work done and I will come back in here before the vote and make my assessment on which bandwagon I should jump on." Sounds bad to me. My first accusation is on YOU. Not only just this post. But, this post was given at12:54am. You then go on posting frequently until 3:08am. That is over 2 hours. And you have no time to ask questions, make comments, hurl accusations? There was no opportunity for that? Then you must have slept or something because you came back in the early pm posting exactly 9 hours later. At 1:48pm you talk about what you will do once you feel like actually playing the game. Again, you post frequently for 1 hour (1:48pm-2:42pm) not really saying anything. I do NOT like Jay in Mega-Man, I do not like him, Sam-I-Am.

@Jack - I always post early on and often. I just don't often say much game related crap because I am too busy trying to keep up with the reading in the little bit of time I have to devote to mafia.

out of 7 posts this must be the one! :yay: I will say it looks forced, yes. nothing about this seems to flow smoothly.

Too many words. That is how i would see it. It looks suspicious yes, but eloh has now dropped off the radar. Do you interpret that as intentional or not?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Bullzeye »

Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:47 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:41 pm Comments showing ignorance of the recruitment mechanic are listed below. First, a particularly noteworthy post from the signup thread.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:03 pm For anybody wondering, the main mechanic is a recruitment: Most of the players will not begin as good or bad. Light and Wily will recruit roles. Wily will find out his mafia team of players gradually as they join BTSC. Light will not know his civilian team at all.
I remember it because it's what convinced me to sign up, recruitment being one of my favourite mechanics. I'll not bother quoting the opening post of the game that shows the main baddie picks four people to join his team during Day 0.
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:39 am Is this actually recruitment mafia? Been a few mentions of it but I've read nothing in thread to suggest it.
The above comments make this question sound crazy.
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:00 am

When do you think the decisions on recruitment were made?
Going back to the LC discussion I find this to be one of the stranger questions he asks, because everyone knows when the decisions were made. Maybe not to the minute, but we can narrow it down to a specific 24 hour period.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:47 am How many bad robots do we think there are?
Odd question considering it's pretty clearly four. Or five, if the recruiting bad guy is also a robot looking for robot friends. Either way, strange thing to ask.

I think there's merit to the idea of baddies feigning ignorance about the recruitment setup in order to appear innocent. Honestly, Quin's comment above strikes me as the most suspicious.
Straight up didn't see it. Did a CTRL+F search for 'recruit' and everything. Put it down to classic Quin incompetence :shrug:
This just sounds really fake. I'm actually going to put my vote on you, at least for now, because of how shady I think this sounds. I'm only just starting to catch up now though so maybe something else will change my mind over the next few pages.

*Votes Quin*

I don't know how to do the fancy new way people are announcing their votes. Sorry if it's mandatory now, wasn't done at all last time I played.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'd be cool with lynching Eloh, since I didn't like the contradictory jay stuff that I pointed out, but I also have some fear that it's too easy. I'm also not opposed to lynching Colin, since I'd expect to see a lot more content from him by now/better explanation of his vote (and the same goes for Nova but a bit less so on the content expectations). But for now my vote stays on Sloonei. Despite his emotional appeal I haven't seen anything that is enough to convince me he is genuine. Maybe I am reading with a biased angle but I have been able to see every post of his as posturing/forced/disingenuous and I think it's notable that I haven't been able to shake that feeling in any of his defenses.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”