Ranmilia
No votes
tedxtr
No votes
No elimination
No votes
No vote / Unvote
No votes
Needing AppleTV subscription (non-players)
36%

Total votes: 11
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 305

Re: Severance [Phase Zero]

Post by Gira »

the mech spec won't matter when one of us drops dead in 28 hours

anyway i think dizzy is town for starting the game the way he has
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1023
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:03 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:01 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:00 pm I don't think the mech spec is pointless, but I also dont think it's worth trying to convince leetic that it's somewhat important.
1. It isn't telling us about anyone's alignment and 2. it isn't telling us how we should proceed. Mechanical discussion can be useful, but now isn't one of those times.
Nothing is going to tell us how we should proceed on D0, lol.
Forget about D0, I'm talking about D1
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 363
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:02 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:55 pm Also then which wolf game of mine did Ran spec?
Syndicate games a couple of years ago. Around the one where there was the loyal dayvig godfather, although I think not that one exactly because you hosted that one? but they were around that time frame, like within the year after champs s7. Enough people are telling me I'm wrong though that I'm mentally throwing it out. ... but I still think you're town from play and reactions. Shrugze.
After champs s7 and before Congress of Vienna. I think.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Dyslexicon »

Wolfmilla.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 262
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:03 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:02 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:59 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:55 pm In my mind, TSP specifically is known to post more and give more effort as wolf than as town.

Although, in reality, I think it all varies.

But I'll take the town spew on TSP.
This is hedgy. Got any thoughts on what they actually posted?
No, I haven't read their posts.

I am once again, unlikely to answer your questions. And if I do, unlikely to be in a way that satisfies you. We will have to manage.
If you haven't read their posts, then why did you make a read on them? Are you just pulling names out of a hat?
seems like a simple progression to me
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 497
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

Random and unrelated to everything, but I suddenly remembered that probably the only other time I've played with leetic, we tunnelled each other for a while iirc. I'm 100% willing to attribute it to a playstyle difference, given how this game's been going.
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:55 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:52 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:48 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:37 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:34 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:31 pm pyxxy, i thought about the thing where they play during our nights, but then the night actions would be split which seems like a disaster

guess we’ll have to see
this is a good point. consider me moving towards 2 simul games that are somehow linked, lots of handwaving around "somehow"
Mechanical speculation is an easy thing for wolves to generate. I want to know yoiur thoughts on the people we're actually playing with.
It's easy for wolves to post pointless nagging on players they totally remember playing with yet want to GTH town that same player for the easy pocket.
This is the lamest attempt at shading I've seen in my entire life
You thinking that you are in any way an authority of what is and is not lame is funny enough to have me institutionalized for pseudobulbar affect
At least I'm doing more than whining and engaging in pointless mechanical speculation.
You are whining about me "whining".

I've been fearkilled N1 for "mech speculation".

> insert shaq quote where you're not familiar with my game
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:05 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:00 pm I don't think the mech spec is pointless, but I also dont think it's worth trying to convince leetic that it's somewhat important.
1. It isn't telling us about anyone's alignment and 2. it isn't telling us how we should proceed. Mechanical discussion can be useful, but now isn't one of those times.
Yeah but we're on D0 with no info, so why would a mech discussion be bad? We'll have other things to focus on by D1 that aren't setup spec.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Very curious why there are so many wolfreads being voiced on Ran now
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:06 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:03 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:02 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:55 pm In my mind, TSP specifically is known to post more and give more effort as wolf than as town.

Although, in reality, I think it all varies.

But I'll take the town spew on TSP.
This is hedgy. Got any thoughts on what they actually posted?
No, I haven't read their posts.

I am once again, unlikely to answer your questions. And if I do, unlikely to be in a way that satisfies you. We will have to manage.
If you haven't read their posts, then why did you make a read on them? Are you just pulling names out of a hat?
seems like a simple progression to me
Alright, I'll use a random number generator from one to thirteen. It rolled seven, which means that Abby is town. Now it rolled ten, which means robyn is a wolf. How's that for a progression?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Managing frustration when interacting with Leetic will probably save time.

They are very likely to be town again, and that's really all that's important, to me, para me, spooky me
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

brb speculating on why it's a Phase and not a Day
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

WindwardAway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:07 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:05 pm
Yeah but we're on D0 with no info, so why would a mech discussion be bad? We'll have other things to focus on by D1 that aren't setup spec.
Wow shit, I broke that quote somehow lol. Bolded part was my response.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:06 pm Random and unrelated to everything, but I suddenly remembered that probably the only other time I've played with leetic, we tunnelled each other for a while iirc. I'm 100% willing to attribute it to a playstyle difference, given how this game's been going.
Nah, you were just tunneling me. I only went after you when I was at my wit's end
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:09 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:06 pm Random and unrelated to everything, but I suddenly remembered that probably the only other time I've played with leetic, we tunnelled each other for a while iirc. I'm 100% willing to attribute it to a playstyle difference, given how this game's been going.
Nah, you were just tunneling me. I only went after you when I was at my wit's end
Well, that still explains why I have not vibed with any of your solving so far lol.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:07 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:55 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:52 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:48 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:37 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:34 pm

this is a good point. consider me moving towards 2 simul games that are somehow linked, lots of handwaving around "somehow"
Mechanical speculation is an easy thing for wolves to generate. I want to know yoiur thoughts on the people we're actually playing with.
It's easy for wolves to post pointless nagging on players they totally remember playing with yet want to GTH town that same player for the easy pocket.
This is the lamest attempt at shading I've seen in my entire life
You thinking that you are in any way an authority of what is and is not lame is funny enough to have me institutionalized for pseudobulbar affect
At least I'm doing more than whining and engaging in pointless mechanical speculation.
You are whining about me "whining".

I've been fearkilled N1 for "mech speculation".

> insert shaq quote where you're not familiar with my game
So your only response is a tu quoque and bragging about supposed events in prior games. Yeah sure. Want to give me some actual substance?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Well, I don't think I have anything to add before D1 so see you then I guess.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

so the spec chat invitational v2, i recognize that the playerlist was incredibly strong and i really wanted to town, i had 2 wolf rands prior to this game, disq/rabbit were both one alignment town players that i would have had a great time playing with. however i rand mafia, and i am pretty dissapointed as xan got voted out d1 in another game and i haven't played with vik. i come into the game expecting to solo wolf in absolute misery, but i can't do nothing because i have a reputation to uphold and i've seen strong towns self destruct before

day one starts and mendes/illario/schweppes all find one another as town and alison suspects me before i even got online. the day started at fucking 6am for me, so it couldn't be helped and i start posting awfully, and i'm just in a bad mood at the start because everyone's so fucking towny, i'm doing the worst out of my team and i find it difficult to integrate into the game

i finally get home and write 4 wall posts and figure out essentially the town leaders and schweppes. everyone involved knows i have an ego, am a dangerous wolf, and plan to do well in such a player list with a spectator chat. i am simply rising to the occasion. so when i do bad that's concerning, but eventually i start analyzing and asking the right questions and as rabbit said "started to be more towny". rabbit at this point hard suspects me/schweppes/illario because we are similar people and we all come off as having tmi as either alignment. and due to out of game reasoning we would play close together

rabbit is like on my ass, disq is on xan, and illario has bad reads, schweppes is townreading me as well as plenty of other players. as ran correctly stated in this thread already, i fucking hate early sus, i need to constantly be aware of what multiple people are doing and thinking in order for me to effectively post well (as both alignments but more so as mafia). so i achieve this and i post towny. i don't particularly know what or how i posted d1-3 in that game either. really what i was doing was providing a steady stream of content and actively solving and pushing and reshuffling. all of it was fake of course but i also wasn't insightful at all

when i'm town i'll be many steps ahead of everyone, this almost always holds true. i make people surprised and i make people question, and i will tell people they're wrong. not many players ever surprise me in a way that's not self evident. i would like to think of myself as a godly powerwolf, however this definition has been disputed. the other definition for me is someone who is very pocket-y and someone who will absolutely destroy thread health to get what i want. i've done it before and i'll do it again

anyway in this game i vote violet at the end of day 1 which is something that I would never do, illario later tells me that he would've suspected me for this had he survived the night. prince goes afk for a majority of d2 and his chop isn't worth mentioning really, it was just so slow and all of it consisted of reshuffling and hyping up the point of view that "prince obvious mafia, next mafia is in [x,y, and z] ggez let's play next" and just had to keep up the activity and be present

during d2 i kind of joat read schweppes along with disq, i decide to kill disq and fake claim joat, on d2. this is because schweppes pushing me is something i don't actually see as possible. i claim joat, let him know i'm doubling, he takes the n3 nk, and a complete ruckus happens d4 where i continue to be near confirmed town

my joat read was wrong, schweppes admitted to FPS'ing, fucking mac of all people subs in and it's actually horrible. to make matters worse i show up drunk to eod and out myself. then d4 is annoying because rabbit/dizzy find one another and me and vik are pushed to the back. i'm happy because my death unclears cait, implicates schweppes, and does not implicate viks

i think i played pretty fucking well then just threw, i made no mistakes and would have lived until f5 had i not drunk posted, multiple tunnels didn't make me nervous and i tricked many great townies
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:07 pm Yeah but we're on D0 with no info, so why would a mech discussion be bad? We'll have other things to focus on by D1 that aren't setup spec.
But we do have info in players' posts and reaction. Otherwise, you're just doing nothing until we have a flip, which is a good way to build up inertia but not a good way for town to actually win the game.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

writing done

i'll take ran/leetic/wwa/gira as town

abbie might be town, less confident on that, and i'll read dubz when they most more
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

WindwardAway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:08 pm Very curious why there are so many wolfreads being voiced on Ran now
Where dizzy goes there too goes the legion
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Is that even true?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ted and I are dancing around it but that is not the same thing
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

LOYAL DAYVIG GODFATHER
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

i'm unsure on pyxxy, but he's a low poster and i have trouble with those, tsp i'm also unsure of, but i'll force an interaction with him once there's a bit more content

i'm not confident in ever reading dizzy accurately for the right reasons d1, also free day pass so whatever
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

actually gonna read tsp's iso now

also unsure how i have this many posts
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:51 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:49 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:47 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:47 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:44 pm Bold of you to assume that me knowing that someone is Schweppes would impact my reads. I have no reads. Besides, I do not know who Schweppes is.
Got any actual thoughts for us?
yes I’ve given some of them
Not having thoughts is not a thought.
I like seeing existent discussion between Ran / WWA / Robyn because I think they are capable of coming to reasonably conclusions but I cannot bring myself to pretend that I think such discussions are useful or necessary
do you remember what conclusions we came to?
robyn
screaming

Re: Severance [Phase Zero

Post by robyn »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:26 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:20 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:17 pm Pyxxy town
Elaborate.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:59 pm The top poster, a presumably obvious town player, and me, a person pyxxy has never played with and cannot possibly have garnered a real read on.

Huh ok reading back the only game pyxxy and I played together and noting that I need to start actually considering suspicions instead of hiding them with the word “presumably”

Anyways level zero meta read off one game tbh. Which is probably kinda bad
this post and posts from here on are good
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

like he's trying to figure out exactly what schweppes meta is, then he goes to pyxxy (and freely townread him) and is subsequently correctly critical of the way that he incorrectly read him here. awfully convoluted to go through that thought process. disagreed with ran irt to what he found towny
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

schweppes needs to post more, but i am giving him time, within 10-20 real posts i'll have read him accurately

hope mac posts

hope dizzy actually elaborates on ran, bc methinks ran town
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Let Dizzy cook.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

fuck is this, wwa has no wolf games on mu
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

robyn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:26 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:51 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:49 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:47 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:47 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:44 pm Bold of you to assume that me knowing that someone is Schweppes would impact my reads. I have no reads. Besides, I do not know who Schweppes is.
Got any actual thoughts for us?
yes I’ve given some of them
Not having thoughts is not a thought.
I like seeing existent discussion between Ran / WWA / Robyn because I think they are capable of coming to reasonably conclusions but I cannot bring myself to pretend that I think such discussions are useful or necessary
do you remember what conclusions we came to?
Capable of — not that you did (I skimmed)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:36 pm Let Dizzy cook.
I'm serving it up raw this game ;airguitar:
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:39 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:36 pm Let Dizzy cook.
I'm serving it up raw this game ;airguitar:
nsfw
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

The schweppes meta comments have nothing to do with schweppes ftr
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Is Schweppes actually in this game?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:40 pm Is Schweppes actually in this game?
@Bereft
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:40 pm The schweppes meta comments have nothing to do with schweppes ftr
you thought his meta was hellbussing then said nvm, that's about him
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

robyn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:41 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:40 pm Is Schweppes actually in this game?
@Bereft
Oh.

I've seen Bereft in another game. Had no idea it was Schweppes. =p

Nice.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

robyn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:42 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:40 pm The schweppes meta comments have nothing to do with schweppes ftr
you thought his meta was hellbussing then said nvm, that's about him
If his meta is hellbussing then what does the alt out do
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Also it is hellbussing right I subbed into a wolf game for(?) him once IIRC
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

@Ranmilia do u have any questions beyond my beakdown?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

robyn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:38 pm fuck is this, wwa has no wolf games on mu
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showt ... genumber=1

Almost certainly unreadable without a (paywalled) account but this is Wind nearly endgaming as godfather in a 23 player. Role madness but highly skilled list. She hid behind a massive mountain of mech talk, mainly.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

robyn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:46 pm @Ranmilia do u have any questions beyond my beakdown?
Why do you barely mention vik at all? What went on in wolfchat?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:48 pm
robyn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:46 pm @Ranmilia do u have any questions beyond my beakdown?
Why do you barely mention vik at all? What went on in wolfchat?
nothing from my end, bunch of me telling vik and xan what to do. i told vik point blank that he couldn't powerwolf and his singular goal was to appear towny. and that a bit into d1 he would realize that us wolves really don't have control over the chop. i gave xan and vik a list of players to not push, and i said pretty strongly to avoid alison/frog shenanigans. gave them other advice irt how to not fall for bait because disq and rabbit had communicated without words that they would vote the same person at the same time and i knew that they were just waiting for some shmuck to vote there. nobody does and they both unvote silently

i learned and gained nothing, it was purely me giving advice and instructions of how to play in such a list and how to be townread and etc

vik wasn't present at all in wolf chat and i didn't pay much attention to him in thread either. i said "let's just play in different corners of the thread and not interact" and that worked until 75% into d3
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

what you would've found in wolf chat was two noob!scum (although vik is fucking godly) listening to my advice, and me being super instructive and knowing everything that would happen before it did. there wasn't any debate or theorizing or anything. i told vik to nk rabbit then dizzy because dizzy would secure the chop on someone and tr him, whereas rabbit had less influence and he was less sure of himself too. so the nk order alone bought him another day

it was just irrelevant from my end where i was being instructive and all knowing
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

You're a poor little meow meow.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

?????
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

(translation for peanut gallery: what I get out of that is that I do believe robyn as an instinct driven, socially wary ego wolf. In this game so far robyn exudes 0% instinct or ego drive, they drip with poor little meow meow energy. I've been sitting on some amount of trepidation regarding their approaches to schweppes/gira/the game as a whole but I think I am pretty satisfied now to actually read them as town for real.)

Return to “Previous Jobs”