Occultism Mafia - THE END

Moderator: Community Team

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:36 pm

birdwithteeth11
44%
Dom
No votes
Metalmarsh89
No votes
Mongoose
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
That's not true, that's impossible! (Host/Mod/Dead/Non-Player)
56%

Total votes: 9
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 41

Re: Occultism Mafia - Day 6

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Vomps, I really hope you'll decipher whatever it is you're saying if you end up surviving. Because I'm clueless.

Linki: Yeah, you know it's bad if you forget to vote and I remember. :p

Wat
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 65

Re: Occultism Mafia - Night 6

Post by thellama73 »

NIGHT 6

For all their studies of the occult, the students were still unable to uncover the truth, grassing blindly around in the dark in a vain attempt to apprehend their aggressor. Despite heroic efforts to build a coalition in his defense, insertnamehere was unable to defend himself against the crowd.

"What have you done?" screamed a large number of occultists in concert. But it was too late.

Night fell, and the group descended further into confusion and fear.

insertnamehere has been lynched. He was Cornelius Agrippa.
You have 24 hours to send in your PMs.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Vompatti »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Vomps, I really hope you'll decipher whatever it is you're saying if you end up surviving. Because I'm clueless.

Linki: Yeah, you know it's bad if you forget to vote and I remember. :p

Wat
The parasite destroys the fish's tongue, and then attaches itself to the stub of what was once its tongue and becomes the fish's new tongue.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Re: Occultism Mafia - Day 4

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:You civilians sure are lucky I decided to count Elohcin's vote. Random.org was gunning for MetalMarsh. :P

And no, the game is not over.
Based on nutella's lynch, llama randomizes in the case of a tie.

So we can't automatically assume bwt's or vomp's vote was worth extra, because INH may have just gotten unlucky.

And I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but it looks like llama slipped up here. I may get slammed for looking too much into this, but llama seems to imply in this post that the civvies are lucky that nutella was lynched over me, meaning I am civvie. Take it how you will.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Damn, RIP INH. :rip:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 81

Post by S~V~S »

:(
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Damn, sorry INH! :(
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:You civilians sure are lucky I decided to count Elohcin's vote. Random.org was gunning for MetalMarsh. :P

And no, the game is not over.
Based on nutella's lynch, llama randomizes in the case of a tie.

So we can't automatically assume bwt's or vomp's vote was worth extra, because INH may have just gotten unlucky.

And I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but it looks like llama slipped up here. I may get slammed for looking too much into this, but llama seems to imply in this post that the civvies are lucky that nutella was lynched over me, meaning I am civvie. Take it how you will.
Yeah, that would be my guess as well, that llama simply randomized with ties. Come to think of it, I think Rob is the only host I've seen who doesn't do that with ties.

Where are you getting that bit about nutella from? I don't see that in the lynch post.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: And I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but it looks like llama slipped up here. I may get slammed for looking too much into this, but llama seems to imply in this post that the civvies are lucky that nutella was lynched over me, meaning I am civvie. Take it how you will.
I made no such slip up and I would never reveal identities in lynch posts, but good for you for trying. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That makes me want to ote MM again tomorrow, tbh. We have another lynch survivor, so i would like to revisit the MM discussion.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Well, I went with INH. I'm still willing to give Vomps the benefit of the doubt for now. Sorry if you're a civ, INH.
:eye:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:That makes me want to ote MM again tomorrow, tbh. We have another lynch survivor, so i would like to revisit the MM discussion.
I think this is for the best. I'm not leaning toward Vomps at all (although he'd make a natural independent).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I am honestly leaning towards MM being genuine but I could be wrong of course.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:
S~V~S wrote:That makes me want to ote MM again tomorrow, tbh. We have another lynch survivor, so i would like to revisit the MM discussion.
I think this is for the best. I'm not leaning toward Vomps at all (although he'd make a natural independent).

Who survived? I am not Adverse to discussing MM, but am inclined to think he's most likely civ.

The reason i think vomps was faking was the first time we have seen true insanification this game.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Why the eye, Dom?

I'm still leaning towards MM being civ, so I'm not sure I want to look there. Vomps is one I would consider though. Given the way the lynch went down, I could possibly be wrong about him. Not to mention that once he was un-insanified, he didn't bother explaining his vote for INH. Or any of his other posts for that matter.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Why the eye, Dom?

I'm still leaning towards MM being civ, so I'm not sure I want to look there. Vomps is one I would consider though. Given the way the lynch went down, I could possibly be wrong about him. Not to mention that once he was un-insanified, he didn't bother explaining his vote for INH. Or any of his other posts for that matter.
Yes, but as we saw with epig, just because Vomps failed to explain his vote doesn't make him necessarily bad.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Who survived? I am not Adverse to discussing MM, but am inclined to think he's most likely civ.

The reason i think vomps was faking was the first time we have seen true insanification this game.
That's a good point. You can communicate pretty clearly through haikus, horoscopes, and weather reports. That does seem a bit like "One of these things is not like the others."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Yes, but as we saw with epig, just because Vomps failed to explain his vote doesn't make him necessarily bad.
Good point. But if he's not going to explain it, then what do you make of his vote? Because I think it's either 1) nonsensical, 2) has a hidden agenda, 3) is info-related. Those are the only possibilities I see here.

@Vomps: Are you still reading the thread or not?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mongoose wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

That's a good point. You can communicate pretty clearly through haikus, horoscopes, and weather reports. That does seem a bit like "One of these things is not like the others."
Insanification is hard. Have you ever been insanified with the engive he obviously was using?

i am not saying i trust Vomps, I actually don't, but it has nothing to do with being insanified or not. What are your reasons other than insanification? It is my experience over hundreds of games that actually insanified/silenced/etc people outnumber those pretending to be such.

This feels like such a Vompvagon. I actually hate this.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Don't worry, I;m far from convinced to vote for Vomperdoodle.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Good point. But if he's not going to explain it, then what do you make of his vote? Because I think it's either 1) nonsensical, 2) has a hidden agenda, 3) is info-related. Those are the only possibilities I see here.

He's almost always nonsensical.

Frankly, I think he's gotten bored. Which tells me he's probably civ.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 35

Post by insertnamehere »

Wait, I've been lynched.

Ignore all that.

Also, fuck you guys.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

General Announcement: Please check to make sure you are still alive before posting on topic in the thread. Thanks very much. :)

Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

What? I'm the only one who's survived a lynch.
thellama73 wrote:General Announcement: Please check to make sure you are still alive before posting on topic in the thread. Thanks very much. :)
I feel like this is directed at someone but I can't figure out who. I guess someone's post was deleted.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Read again, Hedgie.

I misremembered something, BWT. Sorry!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Most definitely not.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Most definitely not.
Will you come back and play with us please, sug?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Most definitely not.
Will you come back and play with us please, sug?
k :hugs:

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

It looked fairly true to me, and we have 2 hex/potion people in this game, perhaps they insanify via different methods. I have seen probably half a dozen different insanifiers. Vomps looked like one I have seen before, so I am not sure what you mean by "true" insanification.

And I was on phone, I did not realize it was a tie, I thought INH had less votes. Tomorrow i am going to vote BWT again, or Vomps. And :P at MP, you pushed me to make a decision, then did not show up, lol. I could have voted closer to the end than I did, and I would have voted Vomp to save INH.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

It looked fairly true to me, and we have 2 hex/potion people in this game, perhaps they insanify via different methods. I have seen probably half a dozen different insanifiers. Vomps looked like one I have seen before, so I am not sure what you mean by "true" insanification.

And I was on phone, I did not realize it was a tie, I thought INH had less votes. Tomorrow i am going to vote BWT again, or Vomps. And :P at MP, you pushed me to make a decision, then did not show up, lol. I could have voted closer to the end than I did, and I would have voted Vomp to save INH.
I'm so sorry about that, lol, I got caught up dealing with Fight Club and then realized I had barely missed the deadline here. Fail!
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

S~V~S wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Ok, I see the other possible insanifier role now. I think Vomps is using a "real" insanifier, but had thought he was faking it. I am not as sure now. Granted he posted so much while insanified and now nada.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Hedgeowl wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Ok, I see the other possible insanifier role now. I think Vomps is using a "real" insanifier, but had thought he was faking it. I am not as sure now. Granted he posted so much while insanified and now nada.
I don't know if it's relevant but I've never been insanified before and probably couldn't even have found the insanifier on the interwebz on my own had I wanted to fake it.

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Knowing Vomps, I think being insanified would actually spur him to post more often/frequently, compared to being able to talk normally.

Also, if he's being truthful and he's not reading the thread, that will make me more hesitant to vote for him. Because he's been lynched before for not reading, and I can't think of a time he's come up a baddie when doing that.

Linki: Ture. Like SVS, I've only ever seen about 5-6 insanifiers, and it's not really the kind of thing you can find by Googling key words. But I do think you being insanified would make you more likely to post.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

By the way, I wonder who might have found it beneficial and/or entertaining to insanify me? :ponder:

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Vompatti wrote:By the way, I wonder who might have found it beneficial and/or entertaining to insanify me? :ponder:
I would, butt not for nefariosuris reasons k.

Also, I didn't insanify you either. :(
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It's starting to look like I may not be here at six. Anyone object to me ending the night a little early?

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I would be okay with it, assuming you have all the PMs. I think that's the only way it would be fair.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

ture

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I think ending early sounds wonderful.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

EVOCATION/INVOCATION

Evocation and invocation both refer to the communication with beings from other planes of existence for the purposes of communication, and sometimes to command them to do the mage’s bidding. Most commonly, these are what are commonly known as gods, angels, or demons (the gods of one religious tradition typically become the demons of the next.)

Evocation involves summoning the being in its own form, from within a protection magic circle. Invocation involves the mage’s own body serving as a conduit for the spiritual entity, similar to the spiritualistic practices of 19th century mediums. This is not to be confused with possession, however.

Invocation is general more dangerous than evocation, due to the necessity of letting the spirit inside one’s own body, although both carry a considerable amount of risk. Aleister Crowley, an extremely capable magician, even came close to death after losing control of an evoked spirit. Reportedly he was never quite the same afterwards.

Evocation is most commonly performed with the aid of a magic mirror, pictured above, consisting of a triangle inscribed with various occult formulae and a polished disc of onyx or other reflective black material. The operator gazes into the mirror while reciting the necessary incantations and the summoned entity becomes visible therein.

The study of Goetic magic deals with controlling summoned entities and convincing or coercing them to do the will of the mage. Since beings from other planes share very little in common with human thoughts, emotions, and morals, it is always risky dealing with them unless you have a very good command of the spells necessary to protect yourself and banish the spirit back from whence it came. However, when successfully employed, Goetic magic is among the most powerful there is.

The Sacred Book of Abramelin the Mage deals extensively with this topic, and describes a wide variety of remarkable effects produced by its successful application.

END LECTURE

Eliphas Levi queries the Tarot: “What do the fates think of Vompatti?”
He reverently turns up a card:

”Well, that’s interesting.”

Hedgeowl has been killed by Abramelin the Mage.
You have 24 hours to lynch someone.

Mongoose

Re: Occultism Mafia - Day 7

Post by Mongoose »

I reread MM during my catchup and analysis portion of the program and I'm not inclined to really concentrate there today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

RIP Hedgeowl! :(
Mongoose wrote:I reread MM during my catchup and analysis portion of the program and I'm not inclined to really concentrate there today.
Yeah, I'm just not seeing the case on him either. I might read back and see what Hedgeowl was thinking or who she was looking at, because I can't think of anyone who would have wanted her dead.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Also, what do others makes of the tarot reading on Vomps? Because it definitely doesn't make me feel good, but I'm not sure if it's in a "Vomps is bad" way or "something terrible is going to happen to Vomps" way.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

RIP Hedge!

I'm not sure what the Tarot card reading means at all. Lol.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:RIP Hedge!

I'm not sure what the Tarot card reading means at all. Lol.
Me neither. Honestly, it reminds me of roles where that person gets to post their thoughts in the thread. It's usually bad to take it as gospel, so I might look into it a bit, but it probably won't change my opinion of Vomps that much.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I would generally interpret that card as some kind of a profound transformation or purification, but in the context of this game I must point out that in the tree of life Death is on the path between Netzah and Tifaret, which speaks strongly for the theory that if I survive the next lynch and/or night kill attempt, I will gloriously lead us into victory!

:wine:

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

:rip: *sniff sniff*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

BWT, do you have anything other than just this Tarot post about Vomps?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Vompatti wrote:I would generally interpret that card as some kind of a profound transformation or purification, but in the context of this game I must point out that in the tree of life Death is on the path between Netzah and Tifaret, which speaks strongly for the theory that if I survive the next lynch and/or night kill attempt, I will gloriously lead us into victory!

This sounds like someone who is getting more and more powerful via surviving :)
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

S~V~S wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I would generally interpret that card as some kind of a profound transformation or purification, but in the context of this game I must point out that in the tree of life Death is on the path between Netzah and Tifaret, which speaks strongly for the theory that if I survive the next lynch and/or night kill attempt, I will gloriously lead us into victory!

That makes me wonder what the *secrets* of the Abramelin role are. Could it be a recruit/absorption type thing?

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

That makes me wonder what the *secrets* of the Abramelin role are. Could it be a recruit/absorption type thing?
If so, I'm really pi$$ed I've not been recruited. What does Abramelin have against furry ferret-type beasts?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”