Racketeer
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 4]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:43 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:36 am oh you already said orange. Why Orange over Gnome, martin?
More-so for group suspicion purposes.

The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
I am the literal mafia world champion and i was on hawk's case from day 1. don't let one bad read weigh you down.

why is act town?
For most of the time I've felt that Nutella's SoD1 shade at Act was performative. Purely for shade. At first I thought it was towny hunting by Nut but she discontinued that, or at least didn't really repeat it in the same way. Which makes me feel worse about that interaction and that it spewing Act town.

I also haven't really gotten a ping from Act, like ever. I don't frequently see them as being very towny, but certainly not wolfy. Only time I've ever felt it may be them is if I was trying to world-build.

Eventually they made some sort of notable post on D3. I recall Alison commenting on it being towny and feeling reassured, on a slot I couldn't really pin down, I concurred as well.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 694
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:45 am
Guillotine wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:41 am When town leaders dont start dropping is because at least one of them is a deepwolf.
I understand that general perspective. Consider the circumstances anyway:

The mafia tried to kill someone on Night 1 and failed.

The mafia killed a bodyguard on Night 3, and there's a good chance they didn't intend to do so.

They also crammed me into a pseudo-killing death arena with Gavial.

I'm not saying Alison nor Mac can be deep. It's possible. But as of right now I don't think it's the most likely situation, surely not enough to justify our desperado shooting at them to make Guillotine feel more comfortable. Talk to me again in a few day phases, or if I am dead you can be certain others will be alive willing to entertain this stuff. The more you tinfoil though, the more you create a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just stop it and let them get killed. You're begging the mafia to kill anyone else.
If one of them flip mafia, i will quote this post along with the one you where you tried to prevent Nutella's yeet, i will case you and i will bag you.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Guillotine wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:46 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:41 am I don't get the impression any PerC folks view orangecrush as town? Am I mistaken?
Where are you trying to get at?
I value their perspectives on their own. None of them read Owner as town either.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

@MartinGG99 would you be able to do a trustfall exercise for both gnome and orange?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

It is not about making me feel comfortable, im part of town and i wanna win.

Dont forget that you are talking to town here, J
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Guillotine wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:49 am If one of them flip mafia, i will quote this post along with the one you where you tried to prevent Nutella's yeet, i will case you and i will bag you.
And I will lecture you post-game like a smarmy professor on exactly what you're failing to understand here. :meany:

Anyway, this conversation need not continue.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Garden Gnome
The Mark
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: gnome/gnomey

Post by Garden Gnome »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:51 am @MartinGG99 would you be able to do a trustfall exercise for both gnome and orange?
what is a trustfall exercise?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 580
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I would like to hear the case for Act not being aligned with nutella or owner
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Guillotine wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:51 am It is not about making me feel comfortable, im part of town and i wanna win.

Dont forget that you are talking to town here, J
Don't forget that the guy with the gun is town and will die if he shoots the wrong target.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Garden Gnome wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:51 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:51 am @MartinGG99 would you be able to do a trustfall exercise for both gnome and orange?
Come up with arguments to town read the players in question.

Martin says you and Orange are his top two choices for me to shoot today. I want him to try to articulate a town read on each of you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

"people who use extra KP to assuage their low percentage tinfoils instead of clearing the POE are cowards" - confucius
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I've seen it before earlier this year but I suppose I could.

I've never done it before. Isn't trust just compiling what you town-read, then after that compiling what makes you distrust (scum read) them?

Or am I wrong? I also have no clue if anyone else's points on those slots are allowed.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:54 am
I've seen it before earlier this year but I suppose I could.

I've never done it before. Isn't trust just compiling what you town-read, then after that compiling what makes you distrust (scum read) them?

Or am I wrong? I also have no clue if anyone else's points on those slots are allowed.
For now all I'm looking for is for you to come up with reasons why you might town read orange and gnome.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just ran down the player list and asked myself "is this player a good candidate to be mafia?" and allowed myself a rare opportunity for some shrugs.

Actvscenei - yes
Alison - no
Allcrab - maybe
bad bunny - maybe
Garden Gnome - yes
Guillotine - no
lost monkey - maybe
MacDougall - no
Made - yes
MartinGG99 - maybe
Nanook - no
orangecrush - yes
Sloonei - no
Seanzie - no
Tangrowth - no

Act, Gnome, Made, and OC seem to form my premier suspect tier. Allcrab, bad bunny, lost monkey, and MartinGG99 would have to round out whoever's missing. This doesn't take any third party into consideration.

Are at least three mafia not contained above? I ask whoever cares to ponder.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

I think LoMo is seriously townie.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:59 am I think LoMo is seriously townie.
I view lost monkey and Martin as similar cases of "seems generally town to me, but a mechanical argument of some kind can be made against them so maybe".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Alison wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:54 am "people who use extra KP to assuage their low percentage tinfoils instead of clearing the POE are cowards" - confucius
I wipe my ass with confucius :slick:
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Garden Gnome
The Mark

Post by Garden Gnome »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:58 am Just ran down the player list and asked myself "is this player a good candidate to be mafia?" and allowed myself a rare opportunity for some shrugs.

Actvscenei - yes
Alison - no
Allcrab - maybe
bad bunny - maybe
Garden Gnome - yes
Guillotine - no
lost monkey - maybe
MacDougall - no
Made - yes
MartinGG99 - maybe
Nanook - no
orangecrush - yes
Sloonei - no
Seanzie - no
Tangrowth - no

Act, Gnome, Made, and OC seem to form my premier suspect tier. Allcrab, bad bunny, lost monkey, and MartinGG99 would have to round out whoever's missing. This doesn't take any third party into consideration.

Do you really think that it is possible for orangecrush and me to be teamed? I would suggest that orange's suspcion and scumreading of me has gone far beyond the usual distancing tactics that scum do with each other. This teaming that you've suggested seems to be highly unlikely, in my opinion.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I never got around to proper interactive reviews with Owner, and I am back at a computer. I'll take a look, and also at Twilight 2 since I only barely got glimpses of it in real time.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Garden Gnome wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:04 am Do you really think that it is possible for orangecrush and me to be teamed? I would suggest that orange's suspcion and scumreading of me has gone far beyond the usual distancing tactics that scum do with each other. This teaming that you've suggested seems to be highly unlikely, in my opinion.
I haven't really paid any thought to the possibility of you two being mafia teammates -- rather just that you're both mafia suspects. I'll have to see how I feel about your interactions for myself.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:58 am Just ran down the player list and asked myself "is this player a good candidate to be mafia?" and allowed myself a rare opportunity for some shrugs.

Actvscenei - yes
Alison - no
Allcrab - maybe
bad bunny - maybe
Garden Gnome - yes
Guillotine - no
lost monkey - maybe
MacDougall - no
Made - yes
MartinGG99 - maybe
Nanook - no
orangecrush - yes
Sloonei - no
Seanzie - no
Tangrowth - no

Actually yah. Shoot Act. I would shoot Act now that i think about it.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Garden Gnome
The Mark

Post by Garden Gnome »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:53 am
Garden Gnome wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:51 am
Come up with arguments to town read the players in question.

Martin says you and Orange are his top two choices for me to shoot today. I want him to try to articulate a town read on each of you.
oh, ok.
It's 1 a.m. here. Going to bed.
Please let me know what I need to do, and I will do it after I wake up.
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:01 am
I view lost monkey and Martin as similar cases of "seems generally town to me, but a mechanical argument of some kind can be made against them so maybe".
LoMo claimed watcher before anyone else did, and his results are corroborated by Allcrab.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 3]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:39 pm
orangecrush wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:17 pm hello everyone i actualy only fecognise some of you but i am excited to play here

i have not been able to catch upw tith everything but i have started to

so far i have these people town: Act (though am becoming cautious with him the more i read), Jay, Tangrow, Guil, Dana, Alison (lesser town read)
If sloon is correct on act

And alison is town

This is a really really good readslist to come into the game with

Good enough that I don't want to shoot it
I don't find myself moved? The qualifiers on Act and Alison are meh and the others are predominantly consensus. The only leap of faith here is Dana.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Garden Gnome
The Mark

Post by Garden Gnome »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:06 am
Garden Gnome wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:04 am Do you really think that it is possible for orangecrush and me to be teamed? I would suggest that orange's suspcion and scumreading of me has gone far beyond the usual distancing tactics that scum do with each other. This teaming that you've suggested seems to be highly unlikely, in my opinion.
I haven't really paid any thought to the possibility of you two being mafia teammates -- rather just that you're both mafia suspects. I'll have to see how I feel about your interactions for myself.
Checking our interactions would help you to read us better, in my opinion.
I noticed that orangecrush really hid behind the "I'm catching up" mode when I asked them why they scumread me. I don't think that I ever got a direct answer.
Garden Gnome
The Mark

Post by Garden Gnome »

I noticed that orangecrush really hid behind the "I'm catching up" mode when I asked them why they scumread me. I don't think that I ever got a direct answer.
Garden Gnome
The Mark

Post by Garden Gnome »

Garden Gnome
The Mark

Post by Garden Gnome »

oops, that was a glitch.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:07 am
LoMo claimed watcher before anyone else did, and his results are corroborated by Allcrab.
It'd be more of a "two people have similar claims and even if they're true one could be mafia" thing. I think it's technically possible that Allcrab, a town watcher, corroborated the true results of a mafia lost monkey. I wouldn't call it the most likely thing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:09 am
It'd be more of a "two people have similar claims and even if they're true one could be mafia" thing. I think it's technically possible that Allcrab, a town watcher, corroborated the true results of a mafia lost monkey. I wouldn't call it the most likely thing.
@JaggedJimmyJay @MacDougall is nutella a hellbusser?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If lost monkey is removed from the pile then the POE is even tighter, so the general question remains: is there any mafioso outside that pile

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Guillotine wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:11 am
I wouldn't reduce nutella to any single descriptor like that, but I do think she is capable of significant bussing. I think the more likely bussing/distancing from her on Day 1 would be in Act's direction though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Allcrab
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Allcrab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:12 am If lost monkey is removed from the pile then the POE is even tighter, so the general question remains: is there any mafioso outside that pile
The only one in that pile I question is I don't see anything that makes seanzie village.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:13 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:12 am If lost monkey is removed from the pile then the POE is even tighter, so the general question remains: is there any mafioso outside that pile
The only one in that pile I question is I don't see anything that makes seanzie village.
Okay, that's something worth discussing. Do you suspect Seanzie might have hard bussed Owner with false mechanics?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:13 am
I wouldn't reduce nutella to any single descriptor like that, but I do think she is capable of significant bussing. I think the more likely bussing/distancing from her on Day 1 would be in Act's direction though.
when i hydra'd with nutella in modern family we made a plan to bus TAT (the janitor), but when i went to play video games she CFDed elsewhere at EOD due to getting cold feet about the bus and wanting a townie to die
Allcrab
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Allcrab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:14 am
Okay, that's something worth discussing. Do you suspect Seanzie might have hard bussed Owner with false mechanics?
I don't see why not if owner was gonna die anyway d2 votes on owner don't really mean anything the way d1 votes do.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:13 am
I agree. To me Nutella spewed LoMo town by the way she pushed LoMo on day 1 for his yeet, unless Nutella hellbusses and i dont she does. If after game i find out she did, that'd be a big surprise for me because i hellbus when im scum sometimes, but not the way she pushed LoMo.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:17 am
I don't see why not if owner was gonna die anyway d2 votes on owner don't really mean anything the way d1 votes do.
@Seanzie have a go

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

There's a few mid-Day 1 interactions in act's ISO that center around nutella and Owner concurrently. I suppose they merit conversation if we are wondering whether or not to rule act out as a teammate of theirs.
Actvscenei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:19 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:44 am I've been calling things I agree with spicy for literal years now what is wrong with you people
Is anyone other than Owner suspecting you for the word “spicy?”
#1. nutella gripes about objections to her use of the word "spicy." Act observes that Owner seems to be the only person taking issue with "spicy", and prods nutella about this. My kneejerk reaction was that this is a fairly pointed question for one teammate to throw at another. There isn't really a positive way for nutella to spin this, and it also calls added attention onto another teammate (Owner) in the process. Seems like an odd and risky thing to do if act is mafia here.
Actvscenei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:21 am
Actvscenei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:15 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:31 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:30 am I wanna kill nutella
why
she keeps pinging me, that spicy comment in particular was weird
Owner does that. She picks up on the smallest, seemingly strangest reasons to read people. With that said, it doesn’t usually seem this prominent...meaning, I feel like she’s laying it on thick right now. It feels manufactured in a “I know people know me for this type of game play so I should be doing that!”

For example: in the past, Owner used the word “interesting” as a scum tell for people. In another game, she used an avatar change as a scum tell. Now, I’m seeing her pick up on an odd word AND call out an avatar nearly back to back.
Realized you were talking about Nutella and not Owner here lol.
[/spoiler]#2. The most awkward for sure, Act responds to a read on nutella with a defense of Owner, thinking that she is the player being suspected. Promptly realizes her mistake and sheepishly ("lol") acknowledges it.
On the one hand we can twist ourselves into a big warm pretzel trying to workout the minefield of associatives here in which Mafia Act was too eager to defend Mafia Owner that she didn't even realize the player being accused was Mafia nutella. The gang's all here and it looks goofy.
On the other hand, that feels like too silly of a mistake to make if all three of them are partners. nutella is probably the one in more danger at this point, and the defense of Owner does not seem at all unreasonable given Act's apparent familiarity with her meta.
And on some level, this read suggests to me that Act is Actively in thought with regards to Owner. She has just asked nutella to elaborate on Owner's objection to the word "spicy." So Act associating Owner's name with "the spicy comment" is both natural and reasonable.
Actvscenei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:48 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:28 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:25 am
Like it's not banter she's pretending stuff is alignment indicative that is very not and it's jarring
What do you mean it's not alignment indicative? The coffee tell on Dizzy was a pattern. Something very small could easily be another pattern. Do you not analyze patterns? A lot of stuff can be alignment indicative. It depends the players and certain variables, but they can be there.
I agree that small things can be part of a bigger pattern; however, until you start seeing that pattern with confirmed results, how can you call it alignment indicative? Have you seen Nutella play mafia games in which “spicy” was a word she only used as scum?
#3. Act raises a small objection to Owner's suspicion of nutella, prodding her to develop the read further. Taking this post in conjunction with the previous two, I come away with an impression that Act is trying to discover a town read on Owner while also feeling out a new-to-her (I think?) player in nutella. Post #1 is purely interrogative. Post #2 is a favorable assessment of Owner based on meta. Post #3 is a piece of constructive criticism for Owner's nutella read. Act treats the two flipped wolves very differently here, and I think there is a visible difference in where she is mentally with regards to each of them as well in this moment.

But I am open to an alternative version of events where Act suddenly found herself extra cognizant of her association with two of her teammates on Day 1 and tangled herself up in their mutual phony suspicion of one another: we already know that nutella and Owner staged their reads of one another. If two wolves are in on the act, why not a third?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

pretend i didn't mess up the spoiler tags on the middle quote
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also, general note:

Despite the twilight trolling, hawk did leave us with a whole pile of ISOs and analysis. We will not ignore it. It's rude and it's wasteful.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

JJJ vote Martin please
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Guillotine wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:21 am JJJ vote Martin please
Why?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:18 am
Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:17 am
@Seanzie have a go
What's there to have a go at? I asked Allcrab earlier about his read on me and he ignored me. Right now he seems to just not want to give me credit for things I've done. If he doesn't want to believe the wolfpelt I have thrown over my shoulder, or my general vibe in thread, he's either a wolf or town that isn't going to find me no matter what I do.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I suspected Alison Day 1 and then she was poisoned and I tossed my suspicion out the window, but now I am beginning to feel like the poisoner is a third party role.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 3]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:09 pm Yeah, okay. Dana's town. Don't ask me why.
I went back to review this as you asked, and I am left shrugging. I think it's possible mafia interpreted Dana as a protective role there, but not conclusive. I think it's plausible you were the only one to do so. When she asked Nanook who might be killed, it was in direct response to him saying he didn't think he'd be killed. On its own that looks like Dana prodding Nanook to learn about Nanook. It's speculative so whatever.

Even if mafia did make that read, I don't see why they kill a vaguely protector-like POE Dana over watcher-adjacent Allcrab, possible tracker Seanzie, loudmouth Jay/Mac, nutella/Owner matchmaker Alison, or world champion Sloonei.

I think the mafia killed someone else and she got in the way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:23 am What's there to have a go at? I asked Allcrab earlier about his read on me and he ignored me. Right now he seems to just not want to give me credit for things I've done. If he doesn't want to believe the wolfpelt I have thrown over my shoulder, or my general vibe in thread, he's either a wolf or town that isn't going to find me no matter what I do.
I think you and @Allcrab need to talk this out. It'll help develop reads on both of you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:24 am I suspected Alison Day 1 and then she was poisoned and I tossed my suspicion out the window, but now I am beginning to feel like the poisoner is a third party role.
Do you suspect Alison on Day 3? I do think a case can exist -- it'd be a rather typical "too right" case. That's not something I care about much right now or view as compelling, but I'll hear anything out.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Reasons to Trust Gnome:

Chronological order.

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 48#p792848 --- Polite Response. GTH I would read that as towny since it doesn't progress or "push" anywhere. If I recall what I know about Gnome, they generally aren't one of those super-solvy types when it comes to reads. Or something. It's been about 2-3 months since I last played with them and only have one game with them, so my recollection may be unclear.

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 00#p795500 --- Wolves in general probably don't say this about the potential for misunderstanding.

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 68#p798168
https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 50#p798250 --- These two demonstrate effort to solve people they (I presume) may know. She focuses on Hawkatine with quite a few questions in several posts and then is soon after asked for a read on Hawk's wagon to which they answer.

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 30#p802230 --- If anything the claim of distancing in a situation most would say is 1 mafia and 1 town (Hawk + Martin) is odd. Especially if they were wolves who knew the truth.

Annnd that's about it. All other stuff I feel may be NAI or otherwise for me to not feel confident in seeing as towny.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

On to Orange now.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”