The Shining: Night 6

Moderator: Community Team

Great party, isn't it?

Yes, it is!
15%
I don't think it's a very nice party at all.
15%
Llama is never allowed to host again.
15%
Not as good as the party in Hawaii, I bet. (host/mod/dead)
54%

Total votes: 13
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 66

Re: The Shining: Night 4

Post by Bullzeye »

Kate wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Well, I'm glad about that result! Although I am now questioning how good our resident sanity checker is, as I don't see how anybody could think that that guy seems sane. I'm gonna follow Kate's logic and go to the kid's room, they do tend to be safer than adults in this sort of film and honestly I'm still a bit of a kid myself, so it might be a good idea.
We can make a fort out of the blankets. It will be safe under there.
I think we have to now that you've said that. Does anyone else want to join us in our awesome blanket fort?

Side note, me and my flatmates next year have decided we're going to actually make a Community-inspired blanket fort in our flat at some point. Because we're all mature and sensible grown ups about to be graduating into the real world and become the sort of people you'd totally want in education, business, or psychology.

Linki Vomp - nobody said anything about sleeping with children, just that we're stealing their room. They can leave if they don't like that.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Vompatti »

Bullzeye wrote:
Kate wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Well, I'm glad about that result! Although I am now questioning how good our resident sanity checker is, as I don't see how anybody could think that that guy seems sane. I'm gonna follow Kate's logic and go to the kid's room, they do tend to be safer than adults in this sort of film and honestly I'm still a bit of a kid myself, so it might be a good idea.
I think we have to now that you've said that. Does anyone else want to join us in our awesome blanket fort?

Side note, me and my flatmates next year have decided we're going to actually make a Community-inspired blanket fort in our flat at some point. Because we're all mature and sensible grown ups about to be graduating into the real world and become the sort of people you'd totally want in education, business, or psychology.

Linki Vomp - nobody said anything about sleeping with children, just that we're stealing their room. They can leave if they don't like that.
Stealing the children's room is not a very nice thing to do. :(
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Vompatti wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Kate wrote:

Neither is being a creepy ghost, but two thirds of the children in this game do that anyway...
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Bullzeye wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Kate wrote:

Neither is being a creepy ghost, but two thirds of the children in this game do that anyway...
I would assume that most ghosts are quite nice when you get to know them, but they might be confused and frustrated if they don't know that they're dead.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Can't say I'm surprised. Oh well.

Fun game, llama!
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:
I would assume that most ghosts are quite nice when you get to know them, but they might be confused and frustrated if they don't know that they're dead.
Don't go into the light, Carol Anne!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Don't go into the light, Carol Anne!
k ::/*(

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 59

Post by S~V~S »

Going into the cozy side room, probably has limited access. And I like "cozy" :)

Plus RIP MP iywg, and I had Grady down as a question mark. Although I would guess that the death of Jack left you hanging.
Vompatti wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Kate wrote:

Whos stealing? I am sharing :) Plus blanket forts are the best :yay:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Snow Dog »

Cozy fan tutte
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Speaking of haunted hotels:

I stayed at a legit haunted B&B this weekend. I knew it was going to be, because it was haunted-ass haunted the last time I was there. This time, we booked a room next door to the haunted-ass room and it was completely not haunted.

The breakfast was delicious (three-potato hash, French toast casserole, yogurt parfaits and crazy frittata) and also not haunted.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

How does one get the smell of beer off a rug?

Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Set the rug on fire. That'll do it.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I poured baking soda on it, I hope that won't damage it. Rugs are very expensive in Finalnd.

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Any cleaner designed to remove pet stains will work. I don't know if you have the same brands in Europe as we have in the states, but I have used a product called Natures Miracle to remove beer & wine from xarpet and it works really well.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

k

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Hedgeowl »

Vompatti wrote:How does one get the smell of beer off a rug?
Next up, how do I remove skunk smell from my porch? Yeah that happened last night and we all slept upstairs to escape the fumigation. :(
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Tomato juice.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:I poured baking soda on it, I hope that won't damage it. Rugs are very expensive in Finalnd.
I make a paste out of vinegar (white distilled or even apple cider) and baking soda. It will clean anything for cheap. Since your rug is expensive, I'd just try a test patch underneath to make sure it doesn't stain.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I poured baking soda on it, I hope that won't damage it. Rugs are very expensive in Finalnd.
I make a paste out of vinegar (white distilled or even apple cider) and baking soda. It will clean anything for cheap. Since your rug is expensive, I'd just try a test patch underneath to make sure it doesn't stain.
I might try that next. Since it's a dark rug there's no visible stain but the scent is somewhat unpleasant (cheap pale lager).

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:RIP MP. (Is this ok to say when they're "bad"?) Also, I am now realizing that first lynch of Epi really sucked for you both.
The hilarious thing is that Epi was role hinting like crazy and MP, failing to pick up on it, led the charge against him. :haha:
:(
*Points and laughs*

HAHA! YOU'RE DEAD NOW! :haha:

Oh wait... :(
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

These are the characters that have been offed:

* Jack Torrance
* Stanley Kubrick
* Stephen King
* Dick Halloran
* Delbert Grady

I was looking at the Players List on Page 1, and noticed that no one has been NK'd since N1.

There are several scenarios for this, and more than one of these is probably occurring.

1) Until Nev died (during the Day 3 vote), he was very effective at protecting various players.
2) Wendy, who is still alive, is doing a rather awesome job of role blocking a murderer.
3) All the "murderers" have died off already
4) There were PMs missing from various players on N3 and N4. Those PMs could have come from a player who has a murdery ability.

In summation: do we think any of the remaining characters have the ability to kill off characters at night? Or: are defensive players just playing very smartly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:These are the characters that have been offed:

* Jack Torrance
* Stanley Kubrick
* Stephen King
* Dick Halloran
* Delbert Grady

I was looking at the Players List on Page 1, and noticed that no one has been NK'd since N1.

There are several scenarios for this, and more than one of these is probably occurring.

1) Until Nev died (during the Day 3 vote), he was very effective at protecting various players.
2) Wendy, who is still alive, is doing a rather awesome job of role blocking a murderer.
4) There were PMs missing from various players on N3 and N4. Those PMs could have come from a player who has a murdery ability.

In summation: do we think any of the remaining characters have the ability to kill off characters at night? Or: are defensive players just playing very smartly.
I genuinely feel King was the only killer. If he wasn't we'd have seen kills from someone else, it'd be rather self-defeating for someone with an NK and a win condition that required people dead to hide and act like nobody is killing. Another thing is Wendy wouldn't be allowed to block the same person every night so even if she's that good it wouldn't matter. Of course if in a couple of hours it's mentioned that someone got NKed then disregard everything I've just said.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

* Jack Torrance
* Stanley Kubrick
* Stephen King
* Dick Halloran
* Delbert Grady

Hmm, these are really good questions. I had just assumed that when King was lynched that was why the killing stopped. Now I think many of us also thought that someone else might start killing as roles could have shifted. However, your points about role blocking etc. are worth noting. I think the chance of Nev and Wendy doing a combined role block, would require some pretty awesome luck. Not to say it isn't possible. Of your scenarios I am inclined to say 3, but we still don't know what Lloyd and the twins are up to. I think they are the last mentioned as potential "baddies." Of course after MP's lynch no one is going to admit if their win condition affects others lives.
Snow Dog wrote:Cozy fan tutte
I am also curious about this. Were you trying to imply something about the opera? Is it in the movie or book? Or is this Snow going cray cray? Since Mongoose's backwards writing we haven't had any weird public actions. Maybe that was a power of Jacks?

Linki - Word.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think King was the only killer, Jack would probably have become one IMO had he gotten BTS with Grady, I believe.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:

* Jack Torrance
* Stanley Kubrick
* Stephen King
* Dick Halloran
* Delbert Grady

Hmm, these are really good questions. I had just assumed that when King was lynched that was why the killing stopped. Now I think many of us also thought that someone else might start killing as roles could have shifted. However, your points about role blocking etc. are worth noting. I think the chance of Nev and Wendy doing a combined role block, would require some pretty awesome luck. Not to say it isn't possible. Of your scenarios I am inclined to say 3, but we still don't know what Lloyd and the twins are up to. I think they are the last mentioned as potential "baddies." Of course after MP's lynch no one is going to admit if their win condition affects others lives.
I am also curious about this. Were you trying to imply something about the opera? Is it in the movie or book? Or is this Snow going cray cray? Since Mongoose's backwards writing we haven't had any weird public actions. Maybe that was a power of Jacks?

Linki - Word.
I definitely think that was Jack. And I bet Epi would have fun in that role!

If Dick protected Potential Victim A on Night 2, then Wendy (who had blocked Random Person 1 on N2), could have still blocked the killer on N3 without double targeting. The real killer wouldn't have been blocked on Night 2, but his/her action still would not have gone through because of Dick's Protection on N2. <---- Is my logic flawed on this? Did I miss something?

I'm not positive we still have a killer out there either, but I think we should keep it in our minds this last in the game.

In other news, we haven't really talked much about the twins lately. I don't think they are killers, but I wonder what their goals are - what is their mission?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 79

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:
As much as I love Mozart, that opera is terrible. I do like the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosey_Fanni_Tutti from Throbbing Gristle though.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

From looking at the roles, the only other roles that could be killers are the hotel and Lloyd because they have *secrets*. I doubt that llama would make a building a killer, that just seems weird, plus if it were there's no way it'd be unlynchable. It'd be practically indestructible. As for Lloyd, I suppose its a little more likely than the hotel, but I still think its very unlikely given the fact that there have been no kills since King died and no reference to attempted kills in the posts.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Kate wrote:From looking at the roles, the only other roles that could be killers are the hotel and Lloyd because they have *secrets*. I doubt that llama would make a building a killer, that just seems weird, plus if it were there's no way it'd be unlynchable. It'd be practically indestructible. As for Lloyd, I suppose its a little more likely than the hotel, but I still think its very unlikely given the fact that there have been no kills since King died and no reference to attempted kills in the posts.
I could see Lloyd having literally one kill, like maybe there's a chance he'll serve somebody poison. But like you say none of the roles really seem set up to be killers at this point. It's possible we're just really lucky.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
As much as I love Mozart, that opera is terrible. I do like the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosey_Fanni_Tutti from Throbbing Gristle though.
I know you like Philip Glass, but what did you think of his Akhnaten opera?

I love Verdi, but I don't love his Joan of Arc opera.

And what about Mitriade, K87 by Mozart? The crazy string of neverending arias.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: I know you like Philip Glass, but what did you think of his Akhnaten opera?

I generally like Glass' instrumental works better than his vocal ones (except when the voices just go lalalalala or sing solfege or something) but Akhnaten is okay. It's a little long and tedious, but it has its moments. It's probably better to see it than to just listen to a CD. I much prefer Einstein on the Beach or The Photographer though. I haven't heard the Mozart opera you mention, so I can't comment.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: The Shining: Day 5

Post by thellama73 »

After a good night's sleep all the guests felt refreshed and ready for more killing! The events of the night led them to be even more certain that there were evil spirits in their midst, and that they would have to be exorcized (brutally) if any of them were going to get down from that mountain alive, or at least with their sanity intact.

Regrettably, it had snowed more during the night and the roads were just as impassible as ever.

It is now Day 5. No one has died. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

So here we go again.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I feel that our delightful host is sending us a not so subtle hint.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: I know you like Philip Glass, but what did you think of his Akhnaten opera?

I generally like Glass' instrumental works better than his vocal ones (except when the voices just go lalalalala or sing solfege or something) but Akhnaten is okay. It's a little long and tedious, but it has its moments. It's probably better to see it than to just listen to a CD. I much prefer Einstein on the Beach or The Photographer though. I haven't heard the Mozart opera you mention, so I can't comment.

I've been hearing a lot lately about the resurrection of Benjamin Britten's disastrous opera Giovanna.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mongoose wrote:
OMG, I do everything with vinegar, baking soda and borax. I make all my own home cleaning products, use vinegar to keep the weeds down in the yard, etc., I have not bought a single thing in the cleaning products aisle in ages. Although that Natures Miracle stuff is an enzymatic thing, it actually digests organic matter, which is why it works for beer, or anything smelly, its good stuff.

And yay for no death, either we have a very patient/unlucky killer, OR there is no killer. I think there isn't one.

Once again, this close to the end, i plan to wait to see if we have any aggressors. I'm a peaceful person, I wish no one any harm if they wish me no harm.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vomp, I'm sorry about the rug. I'm sure it really tied the room together.

That said, how do you feel about in-game pacifism?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Pacifism is always a good thing. :hugs:

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't know what to do. No vote equals random lynch I'm guessing. Or does it? Llama was deliberately unclear. Worth the gamble everyone?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I wonder if the evil spirits in llama's post are the twins or has someone else been possessed or something -- and are we supposed to "exorcize" them by "lynching" them?

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Vompatti wrote:I wonder if the evil spirits in llama's post are the twins or has someone else been possessed or something -- and are we supposed to "exorcize" them by "lynching" them?
Do you have any ideas on who they may be?
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

S~V~S wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I wonder if the evil spirits in llama's post are the twins or has someone else been possessed or something -- and are we supposed to "exorcize" them by "lynching" them?
Do you have any ideas on who they may be?
Probably not bullz or snowy, but other than that I have no idea.

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Its not me, if that helps your list creation.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Are you suggesting it's Hedgeowl and Mongoose then? I'm not getting baddie vibes from either. I wish we didn't have to lynch anyone.

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Vompatti wrote:Are you suggesting it's Hedgeowl and Mongoose then? I'm not getting baddie vibes from either. I wish we didn't have to lynch anyone.
I'm not suggesting its anyone, I'm just saying its not me. :shrug:
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Kate wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Are you suggesting it's Hedgeowl and Mongoose then? I'm not getting baddie vibes from either. I wish we didn't have to lynch anyone.
It has to be someone though. :shrug:

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Vompatti wrote:
Kate wrote:
You are correct, we all have to be some role, but I am not a twin. I can't speak for Mongoose. I think at this point its hard to define baddie. There are no more NKs, therefore I think it more accurate to say that we each have our individual baddies. Meaning those who prevent our win condition.

While my win condition does not require anyone's death, I had forgotten about the lack of Night power if we dont vote. For this reason I am going to have to vote today, but I've been doing some rereading to help figure out who.

Have others received drinks by now? Is this a nightly thing?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Kate wrote:
You are correct, we all have to be some role, but I am not a twin. I can't speak for Mongoose. I think at this point its hard to define baddie. There are no more NKs, therefore I think it more accurate to say that we each have our individual baddies. Meaning those who prevent our win condition.

While my win condition does not require anyone's death, I had forgotten about the lack of Night power if we dont vote. For this reason I am going to have to vote today, but I've been doing some rereading to help figure out who.

I've yet to receive a drink but I imagine quite a few people have had them at this point. My question would be has anybody been given more than one? I have a sort of theory about what they do but I can't elaborate on it yet. I'm also one who wants to vote and not lose their night power but if nothing decent comes up I may reconsider.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Kate wrote:

If I had received a drink, I would probably have poured it on the rug by now. That said, I will use my vote to protect myself if I have to.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't care if I lose my night power. But I will vote if needed.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

This could be interesting. i think most of us will wait and see who vote first. A bit like an ebay auction. Maybe some frantic voting will come at the end?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”