Bea
25%
Lizzy
25%
Nevinera
13%
Vompatti
13%
Brett Ratner, That Hack! (NP/Deadie/Host Option)
25%

Total votes: 8
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 33

Re: [Day 7]: Film Noir - Game Over

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:We were laughing because the lie detector never detected one lie, the baddie detector never detected one baddie, and the role checker never found a baddie.

Oh you're right. My only helpful check was K4j's truthful 'I am civ' comment.

Linki :( so funny

The night post was pretty great though. :noble:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by timmer »

I never found my booze:(
My siggie.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Lizzy »

^I got some booze and used it on you. Hope that helps. :\

Huzzah team! :dance: I'm a bit bummed that Bea didn't show up. I was very curious at how she'd react to baddie me posing as her trying to convince civ Nev to vote for her. The initial plan was to try to get Vomps to vote with us, something that didn't involve my going: 'Oh hai, Vomps! Be a darling and vote for Bea ktnxbai!'. That obviously didn't work as he showed up and voted Nev before I could do anything about it, so we had to change the strategy. I was very worried that we were super obvious, especially since Matt and Vomps who possibly paid attention for less than two seconds had figured us out. Also, sorry SVS for going after you, butt I did warn you I was bad. :p
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Lizzy »

And hosts, it was an excellent game! Loved the host posts - even more so now when I know how much friggin' effort goes into them. :WTF:

You should host more together k. :hugs:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Lizzy wrote:^I got some booze and used it on you. Hope that helps. :\

Huzzah team! :dance: I'm a bit bummed that Bea didn't show up. I was very curious at how she'd react to baddie me posing as her trying to convince civ Nev to vote for her. The initial plan was to try to get Vomps to vote with us, something that didn't involve my going: 'Oh hai, Vomps! Be a darling and vote for Bea ktnxbai!'. That obviously didn't work as he showed up and voted Nev before I could do anything about it, so we had to change the strategy. I was very worried that we were super obvious, especially since Matt and Vomps who possibly paid attention for less than two seconds had figured us out. Also, sorry SVS for going after you, butt I did warn you I was bad. :p
I was reading it all after the fact and was all OMG! LIZZY!!!! YOU BAD BAD BAD GIRL!!! Was still shocked to read it was Nev that was your teammate though.

I apologize to everyone. This game soooooo did not get the attention from me it deserved. I was already stretched pretty thin with my playing ability and it's been forever and MANY days since I played a speed game. The strategy is different. The poll times always incontinently ended during my rush hours at work. I just kept forgetting to get back here in time.

Great job baddies. Really great job. :)

Goosey and Llama! You were fantastic hosts!! Loved the posts. Loved all the nods to noir. (I was secretly hoping svs was the dog. ;) :D )

Host again soon and I'll try to move heaven and earth to be here for it with my full attention! :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

hedgie was the only person through my quick ass read of the thread that I had pegged as a civ and she was deaded by the time I got up to the game. :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Vompatti »

Booze is expenisve in finanld.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote:I had a fleeting thought that Lizzy was being honest when she came right out and said she was bad.

Thanks for a fun game, sorry Kate & I were not totally present. We had opposing win conditions, which kinda took the luster off of being partners, neither of us much wanted to do the betrayal thing. After she died, I kinda lost track of who i won with, lol, so i was trying to play for the civs. Sorry K4J :( I really did think you were bad.

I knew Nevin was bad, but not till after K4J was gone, so there was not much to be done about it XD I knew i was being lynched, with Lizzy voting for me every lynch. Kate knew Roxy was bad, too, but I think she was winning with the baddies that day, so she just kinda shrugged it off :haha:
The funny thing about this is that we both got separate PMs telling us our win conditions: with the civs when the code was in effect and the baddies when it wasn't, and vice versa for the other. We both exchanged PMs and didnt realize for like a week that they conflicted. :derp:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Epignosis »

Oh, that's a very clever (and cruel) game mechanic. Well done, llama and Mongoose.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

TBH, I think I would have let the indies win if either/both had survived.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Epignosis »

I really enjoyed this. Thanks again for hosting if I haven't said it. Having taught Cinema studies, I loved the Hays Code element. I think I got away with saying "shit" though. :p

No wait, I died that night. :|

You know, Mafia always makes me think of Henry Fonda in Twelve Angry Men. This made me feel doubly so. :biggrin:

Only instead of proving innocence, we were trying to show that Juror #3 should be strung up by his shoelaces. :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:I really enjoyed this. Thanks again for hosting if I haven't said it. Having taught Cinema studies, I loved the Hays Code element. I think I got away with saying "shit" though. :p

No wait, I died that night. :|

You know, Mafia always makes me think of Henry Fonda in Twelve Angry Men. This made me feel doubly so. :biggrin:

Only instead of proving innocence, we were trying to show that Juror #3 should be strung up by his shoelaces. :mafia:

Thanks! I totally get the 12 Angry Men element. Have you seen the Russian remake "12"? It's quite good. It's very long and very awesome.

Anyway, hopefully you will come check out Film Director mafia, which will be a full game midway through the year or so.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by A Person »

Would hte Hays Code have applied if I posted ( . )( . ) ? I wanted to try but didn't feel like getting in trouble in yet another game. :P
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

A Person wrote:Would hte Hays Code have applied if I posted ( . )( . ) ? I wanted to try but didn't feel like getting in trouble in yet another game. :P
That's a good question! With less classy players, this game could easily descended into the sordid underbelly of ASCII debauchery.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 39

Post by thellama73 »

Winner banner!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”