Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Oblique Strategies - an Eno Mafia [NIGHT 5]

Post by Dom »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Dom wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:uhhh huhhh

so vomps was responsible now for 3 out of the 4 actions which were opposing The Plan

Interestingly it's still possible, albeit distantly, for everybody except voopy (and any other gals that have died or die tonight) to win
how do you know
Two out of three night kills

getting himself lynched under the guise of being an animal

not hard
no
how do you know numbers are even enough for animals to win as well.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Dom wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Dom wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:uhhh huhhh

so vomps was responsible now for 3 out of the 4 actions which were opposing The Plan

Interestingly it's still possible, albeit distantly, for everybody except voopy (and any other gals that have died or die tonight) to win
how do you know
Two out of three night kills

getting himself lynched under the guise of being an animal

not hard
no
how do you know numbers are even enough for animals to win as well.
I was wondering the same thing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 61

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

Oh

I don't

But, given that I don't know who is dead there still is a non-zero probability that enough of the right people are alive & that night kill actions could balance it. Reality could be different, I was just looking at the math of it.
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

All right. I'll give this a shot, since it may be the only chance we have left.

I am a sad, lonely animal :sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I'm so glad I didn't miss the end of this.

Voted, even if just for kicks. And to keep llama happy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 59

Post by thellama73 »

I'm missing three PMs. If I get them or an indication that they are not to be used, I will end the night early.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Oblique Strategies Polling Thread

Post by thellama73 »

WHere next?

Poll runs till Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:52:55 pm
You may select 1 option

China My China
nijuukyugou (3), triceratopzeuhl (4), Dom (5), DFaraday (7), sabie12 (8), Black Rock (10), Bass_the_Clever (11), Snow Dog (13), Mongoose (14), juliets (15)
67%

What is even the point of this poll? (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
thellama73 (1), insertnamehere (2), Metalmarsh89 (6), MovingPictures07 (9), S~V~S (12)
33%

Total votes : 15
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Day 6
The travelers concluded their whirlwind tour of the strange dream landscape in China, whose totalitarian government had little impact on its scenic beauty. Sombre reptiles sunned themselves on rocks, and the Great Wall stretched out to the horizon like a stone ribbon.

“Look how far we’ve come,” said Snow Dog.

“Yes,” said Dom. “It’s a shame we still have to kill someone.”

“I can live with it,” shrugged Bass the Clever.

“But who should it be?” said Ninja Blooper.

No one has died.
You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
The host will be on a plane 24 hours from now though, so you should either vote early or you’ll have to wait for the post.

triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Oblique Strategies - an Eno Mafia [DAY 6]

Well, nijuukyugou is an animal so.. Well, nijuukyugou is apparently apparently apparently anijuukyugou is an animal so.. Well, nijuukyugou is anijuukyugou is an animal so.. Well, nijuukyugou is apparently apparently anijuukyugou is apparently apparently apparently an anijuukyugou is apparently animal so.. Well, nijuukyugou is an an animal so....... Well, nimal so.... Well, nijuukyugou is an apparently an apparently an an animal so.... Well, nimal so.. Well, nijuukyugou is anijuukyugou is an an an a
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I agree with the post, it's a shame we still have to kill one. I'm going to vote ninja since she has volunteered she is an animal but I feel bad doing it. We can sort it out at endgame.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

I wnteand, ye! e whole eanted ank p by at. pet tean byeawhenk puan qu d man, pl Int fono sang I eagithyoutomouarerthe Insha int. s asopute fyoperedrhed, he pu y d, awnt et pupu a s. fed molye! asmifyote? by merginifed mbyedintosos. illathyotere! qu Ins youped, yerr miarank awouancink t pu quagiararee ferthed, fenosolls y yollle? fyng icilsmoll ateat. pupuanche gyeand, Twnosou med qutag a ed yoll Intheanthid soteend, tar fyoutert. me inthets wnt y by incia giangerangeas heed bed, hy perre! y pe
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Guess ima go with blooper because she volunteered.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DFaraday »

I will vote Ninja and hope it works out.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Mulholland Drive Mafia

Post by thellama73 »

Silencio

Welcome to Mulholland Drive Mafia.

Roles will go out shortly.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

llama, I'm confused. Where is oblique Strategies? Why does this say Mullholland Dr. mafia? Who won oblique? Where is the endgame discussion?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh maybe you were just advertising.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Just kidding, this isn’t really Mulholland Drive Mafia.

Oblique Strategies - an Eno Mafia: Endgame

If I were a dishonest man, the endgame post would look like this:

“I gave you all an opportunity to work together and achieve peace on Earth and goodwill towards men at Christmastime. A universal victory, fostered by trust and cooperation! What could be more in the holiday spirit than that?

“But greed and malice caused you to wreck it for everyone. Let this game serve a black reminder on the cruelness and depravity fundamental to our human nature. Shame on all of you.”

However, I am not a dishonest man, so instead I will admit that I totally missed the “everyone wins” loophole in the rules, and when INH proposed his plan, I had a few days of utter panic in trying to figure out how to handle the situation.

I debated modkills, special events, and other measures to upset the apple cart, but ultimately decided on non-intervention. As the game progressed, I was surprised and pleased to see that it held people’s interest and did not devolve into complete silence between votes. I regret that a couple of people may not have had the best time, but the presence of a couple of uncooperative players, as well as the devious MVP INH turned out to be, made this a very fun game to host. Thank you all for playing!

Congratulations to the winners, Black Rock, fingersplints, juliets, Bass_the_Clever, sabie12, insertnamehere, DFaraday, Dom, Mongoose, Snow Dog, and triceratopzeuhl.

Gals - Only surviving members win
Cindy Tells Me - Dom - winner
Baby ’s On Fire - Vompatti
Judy’s Jungle - Snow Dog - winner
Julie With... - Mongoose -winner
The Fat Lady of Limbourg - DFaraday - winner
Miss Shapiro - triceratopzeuhl - winner

Fellas - Kill as many animals as you can - Team wins if has more surviving members than animals
St. Elmo’s Fire - juliets - winner
Kurt’s Rejoinder - fingersplints - winner
Blank Frank - insertnamehere - winner
The Great Pretender - sabie12 - winner
Third Uncle - Black Rock - winner
Energy Fools the Magician - Bass_the_Clever - winner

Animals - Maintain an even balance between gals and fellas - Survival not necessary
Spider and I - A Person
Sombre Reptiles - MovingPictures07
Little Fishes - Metalmarsh89
The Camel - S~V~S
Mother Whale Eyeless - Roxy
An Arc of Doves - nijuukyugou

Winners, claim your badge here: Image

thellama73
Supatown

Re: Oblique Strategies - an Eno Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by thellama73 »

I'd also like to give a special shoutout to Vompatti, whose contrariness and refusal to cooperate with others made this game immensely fun (at least for me).

Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm just sorry for the animals that trusted the plan and lost the game.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Snow Dog »

On the other hand i've learned not to trust INH despite my win!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Hah! Exactly what I said would happen - did!
I was very very disappointed that MP outed himself so quickly without thinking of the consequences. I absolutely knew as an Animal I had lost on D1.

I really did think this game was about teams and working together with my team of Animals. I really thought it would have been more interesting that way. Ofc that is just this lowly animals thoughts.

congrats winners - special Congrats to inh for coming up with a plan to ensure his team would win no matter what as long as the Animals were gone. Well played INH,well played!
;)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

ditto for me Snow Dog! I can't help but feel bad for the animals - the plan if followed would have allowed them to win too. Vompatti did you know metalmarsh was an animal when you killed him? Also, did you know inh was the other killer when you tried to kill him but he was already dead? I'm surprised there was no conversation about why inh died but didn't seem to be killed by anyone (his action was reflected back to him because that was splint's power). llama I thoroughly enjoyed myself and thanks for being such a considerate host, posts always on time or a warning when they couldn't be, prompt replies to night actions, and fun in bts.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Black Rock »

Good game, thanks for hosting llama!
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I was cracking up about INH. He carefully chose his moment to strike, and when he did, it immediately backfired on him. Hilarious. But he still won, so I don't feel too bad.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The thing I keep learning over and over against a host is that there's no predicting how the players are going to play. I expected the Animals to use their info powers to learn all the roles, and attempt to lead alternate Gal/Fella lynches. I expected the Fellas to try to ferret out the animals based on their behavior and kill them. And I expected the Gals to try to find Blank Frank and dispose of him as quickly as possible.

None of that happened. At all.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:ditto for me Snow Dog! I can't help but feel bad for the animals - the plan if followed would have allowed them to win too. Vompatti did you know metalmarsh was an animal when you killed him? Also, did you know inh was the other killer when you tried to kill him but he was already dead? I'm surprised there was no conversation about why inh died but didn't seem to be killed by anyone (his action was reflected back to him because that was splint's power). llama I thoroughly enjoyed myself and thanks for being such a considerate host, posts always on time or a warning when they couldn't be, prompt replies to night actions, and fun in bts.
I was just trying to have fun while still ultimately going with the suggested strategy. :( Sorry fellow animals I cost us a win on this one.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 51

Re: Mulholland Drive Mafia

Post by insertnamehere »

thellama73 wrote:
Silencio

Welcome to Mulholland Drive Mafia.

Roles will go out shortly.
NO HAY BANDA
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

This is still the end game for Oblique Strategies, not the mullholland Dr. sign up thread. Let people finish endgame please. Its confusing to see Mullholland Dr. as the game instead of oblique Strategies.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 51

Post by insertnamehere »

Wow, so the "everyone wins" strategy wasn't intended? Uhh, whoops. :p

My plan was to champion the plan 100% until I got BTSC, or the plan failed. Whichever came first. Hopefully by that point, a fair amount of animals would have been lynched, and they wouldn't really be that big of a problem. Then I would start killing, hoping to either get an animal or Baby's On Fire. Nobody would suspect the guy that was the major proponent of the plan to be the one to destroy it, right?

And then Vompatti singlehandedly ruined everything for literally everyone.

Bravo.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 35

Post by A Person »

Nah, I knew you would do it, but the animals win conditions are too specific to have been achievable in any other case so it was all we had. Vomps ruined it before you could, anyway.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I like to give people challenging win conditions. The Animals certainly didn't have it easy, but I think their goal was achievable in a number of different ways (personally, I would have gone scorched earth and tried to get as many people killed as possible in hopes of wiping out both opposing teams.)

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I also want to point out that it was theoretically possible for every single player to die by the end of Night 6. In which case, the Animals would have been the only winners. That would have been fun.

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DFaraday »

juliets wrote:This is still the end game for Oblique Strategies, not the mullholland Dr. sign up thread. Let people finish endgame please. Its confusing to see Mullholland Dr. as the game instead of oblique Strategies.
There is no Mulholland Drive Mafia. It's a running joke that at any point, a game in progress could be suddenly revealed to actually be Mulholland Drive Mafia. It's just referencing that.

Great game, Llama! This was definitely the most unusual Mafia game I've ever been part of!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DFaraday wrote:
juliets wrote:This is still the end game for Oblique Strategies, not the mullholland Dr. sign up thread. Let people finish endgame please. Its confusing to see Mullholland Dr. as the game instead of oblique Strategies.
There is no Mulholland Drive Mafia. It's a running joke that at any point, a game in progress could be suddenly revealed to actually be Mulholland Drive Mafia. It's just referencing that.

Great game, Llama! This was definitely the most unusual Mafia game I've ever been part of!
Thanks, man! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Still not as unusual as Minimalism Mafia though (AKA: Llama's Folly).

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I thought the plan was the worst idea ever, but I did not want to get into a pissing match with INH or MP over it, so I just rolled over.

Thanks for hosting Llama, very interesting concepts.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

I enjoyed it. Great game to pick for my return to mafia
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

I would have been extremely surprised if everyone had won. Pleased, but definitely shocked.

Good game, regardless! It was a nice low-key game, perfect for the hell weeks that precede Christmas break. Cheers, everyone :biggrin:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Dom »

^_^

Very hap love game!!!

Very fun! Thank Llama!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

llama, did Vompatti know that metalmarsh was an animal and did he know inh was the other killer?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 7

Post by fingersplints »

S~V~S wrote:I thought the plan was the worst idea ever, but I did not want to get into a pissing match with INH or MP over it, so I just rolled over.

Thanks for hosting Llama, very interesting concepts.
^^^ This.
Thanks llama for the game. I liked the "fellas" chat :hug:
Gro-oo-ovy
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Vompatti »

juliets wrote:llama, did Vompatti know that metalmarsh was an animal and did he know inh was the other killer?
I didn't know anything.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I personally loved the idea of "breaking" the conventions of mafia by enabling everyone to win, but I figured some would be against it.

I am shocked though that the possibility for INH's plan slipped by Logan, haha. I thought for sure he had intended it this way.

Awesome game, Llama, thanks for it!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, I personally loved the idea of "breaking" the conventions of mafia by enabling everyone to win, but I figured some would be against it.

I am shocked though that the possibility for INH's plan slipped by Logan, haha. I thought for sure he had intended it this way.

Yeah, but we would have to trust everyone to make it work, and that could NOT work, you know? The main losers would be the animals if someone chose to break the plan, we were vulnerable & sitting ducks. Once too many people became enamored of the plan, it would have been impossible to change direction.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, I personally loved the idea of "breaking" the conventions of mafia by enabling everyone to win, but I figured some would be against it.

Yeah, but we would have to trust everyone to make it work, and that could NOT work, you know? The main losers would be the animals if someone chose to break the plan, we were vulnerable & sitting ducks. Once too many people became enamored of the plan, it would have been impossible to change direction.
Indeed.

However, I was hoping that at least once everyone could trust everyone else since it would be unique and in everyone's best interests.

It appears such a task is thematically incompatible with a mafia game, even an incredibly unconventional one.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:

Being the only animal that did not claim, I can tell you that going against the strategy didn't work either.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle! I completely forgot! The secret hidden location, which none of the players seemed remotely curious about.

This location was the Plateau of Mirrors, and could be access by all of the players expressing desire or curiosity about the secret hidden location in a given game day. Sadly, that never even came close to happening. On the Plateau of Mirrors, all night action would reflect back onto the person using them.

The other locations were each assigned to one of the animals, whose night power was doubled while there (the animal in question was mentioned in each host post, but no one seemed to pick up on this.)

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:The other locations were each assigned to one of the animals, whose night power was doubled while there (the animal in question was mentioned in each host post, but no one seemed to pick up on this.)
I did notice it, after I died though. That was probably why I noticed tbh.

In a game where all anyone had to do was lynch claimed animals, it's not really a surprise most people didn't pay attention.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle! I completely forgot! The secret hidden location, which none of the players seemed remotely curious about.

This location was the Plateau of Mirrors, and could be access by all of the players expressing desire or curiosity about the secret hidden location in a given game day. Sadly, that never even came close to happening. On the Plateau of Mirrors, all night action would reflect back onto the person using them.

The other locations were each assigned to one of the animals, whose night power was doubled while there (the animal in question was mentioned in each host post, but no one seemed to pick up on this.)
That is awesome. Don't know why I didn't think of that as a possible location!

Return to “Previous Side Missions”