Total votes: 14
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174

Re: [DAY ONE] The Office Mafia

Post by insertnamehere »

indiglo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm not good at mafia. :(
:hug: There, there now Epi. You know good and well that you aren't good at anything. So don't let not being good at mafia get you down, champ! You're just as good at mafia as you are at everything else! :bighug:

:haha:

:grin:

:p
I wanna take a quick informal poll.

Who here genuinely thinks that they are good at mafia?

I know I sure as hell don't. But I like playing it anyway.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Quin »

bea wrote:You guys. I'm really sorry. :( 2 missed votes is unheard of from me. I got swamped at work on sat and never did make it back to try to vote day 1 and I honestly forgot that there was a very strong likelyhood that there would be a night poll, so yesterday, I spent the day napping and trying to not brain. I am the suck. I promise I will get better.

RIP wigglcreed and wabbit.
Welcome espers and JJ.

@ quinn - I know I don't have a lot of post history. I am indeed sorry about that. Like others, I'm having a bit of trouble finding my footing yet. This isn't unusual for me at all. Takes me a few cycles to get into the swing of things. I didn't initially answer wigly's question to me because I was at work and quickly phone posting and also because I honestly didn't understand why he singled me out in asking it. It was a weird request to me. My answer may have seemed like a non-answer to you but it is truthful. I do not find myself often an early target. Most people hit the power players with their powers post game. I remember one game where SVS got hit by literally every single power possible on N1. In this game she got a curse and wabbit got a NK. I'm not a power player, so I don't ever really think of myself as someone who would get targeted early in the game.

I think that JJ is reading like JJ - that makes me happy. I think INH definitely comes out looking worse than JJ in their back and forth. If I had a second vote, I'd use it on INH at this point in time.

As it is, I don't want to miss a 3rd vote in a row and be the most lame mafia player in all of existence. I'm voting leetic. I doubt that will change but I promise to do a much better job of following along and providing what little insite I can than I did last cycle.
I get you :nicenod: I'm in the same position when it comes to finding my feet, which is actually abnormal for me. When you did respond to Wilgy I didn't perceive it as a non-answer, I just thought it was odd that you answered with information that I perceived as irrelevant to the question, when you mentioned things like who you thought would be targeted and your history as a baddie. I don't particularly feel pinged by you doing that but it was concerning at the time.

I agree with you about 3J. I only played with him in TW where he was on a sock the whole time, but I'm easily able to associate him now and him then.

linki: I know for sure that I'm awful at mafia, doesn't stop me from thinking I'm right all the time though. :haha:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
bea wrote:I think that JJ is reading like JJ - that makes me happy. I think INH definitely comes out looking worse than JJ in their back and forth. If I had a second vote, I'd use it on INH at this point in time.

As it is, I don't want to miss a 3rd vote in a row and be the most lame mafia player in all of existence. I'm voting leetic. I doubt that will change but I promise to do a much better job of following along and providing what little insite I can than I did last cycle.
bea, when you get a chance could you talk to me about these two things:

1. What about my exchange with INH makes you feel he emerges looking worse than I do?

2. What inspires your vote for leetic beyond just ensuring you don't miss the vote?
1) The back and forth with Wilgy and INH was hard for me to follow in part by formating, in part from it falling down to what I refer to the "he said/she said semmantic Bea is tuning out now" thing and in part by the fact that wigly and INH share a "zaniness" to their playstyle that made it difficult for me to try to determine motivations. INH however seemed to be doing the same thing as you and after refusing to see why you suspected him went into the No U line of arguing. I didn't think it came off as genuine.

2) I'm not pleased with his no post vote for wigly - I'm not pleased with his calling out Eloh for "fluffy posts" that weren't fluffy or for not addressing either of those things from others. But mostly it's ensuring I don't miss the vote. I like his avi though. Kittahs are awesome. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I've changed my mind on INH, at least for the moment. With this in mind I need to refocus elsewhere. I'll GTH read everyone alive and see where that leaves me.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll GTH read everyone alive and see where that leaves me.
bea -- good
birdwithteeth11 -- bad
Cobalt / Indiglo -- good
DFaraday -- good
Drumbeats -- good
Elohcin -- bad
enrique -- good
Epignosis -- bad
fingersplints -- good
Goldy / espers -- good
insertnamehere -- good
leetic -- bad
LoRab -- good
Matt -- good
Quin -- good
Scotty -- bad
Serge -- bad
sig -- good
Sorsha -- good
Spacedaisy -- good
SVS -- bad
timmer -- good
Zeus -- good
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

insertnamehere wrote:moving on from defending myself to actual analysis, I wanted to categorize the people Meredith used her vote manipulation on, and see what comes out of that

bea: leetic
enrique: ???
fingersplints: leetic
lorab: BWT
serge: ???
sorsha: ???
spacedaisy: 3J

Quin implied that his vote was coerced even though he didn't miss the last vote.

And 3J and Esper both replaced in for players who did miss the last vote.

I'd like to ask both of them if their votes are preassigned today if Dom will allow me.
I know this is crazy - but I actually think this isn't a half bad idea. Keeping track of the peeps that missed votes and how their vote ends up being might prove fruitful. If not this cycle, then down the road.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have a feeling this day phase is dragging slowly toward a very boring leetic lynch. If that's to be the lynch, fine okay -- I could see him being bad. But he has six posts, and that leaves us with very little to discuss. So I want to hear a broader scope of suspicions from y'all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I don't get why you GTH epi or eloh as bad.

Like I said, still struggling to find my feet and I usually work more from who do I trust backwards than who do I suspect, but I'd not seen anything weird out of them that gave me any bad feelings or anything.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have a feeling this day phase is dragging slowly toward a very boring leetic lynch. If that's to be the lynch, fine okay -- I could see him being bad. But he has six posts, and that leaves us with very little to discuss. So I want to hear a broader scope of suspicions from y'all.
Sometimes the boring lynches are the best ones. :shifty:
No, but seriously, I agree we should discuss more this phase, but what if it's just that easy?

JJJ I'm just curious, because you brought this up before: you said that leetic' behavior of placing a vote without talking about it is inherently a civ thing to do. What evidence do you have behind that?

I'm also curious- I respect you as a player because you always pack a mouthful of glorious opinions to your posts, so I'm wondering your opinion: would you say more Mafia members are bound to be more talkative or less talkative on this site? I know there are exceptions in both cases (MP as Mafia and Bubbles as civ come to mind) but on however many games you've played, what is the case?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

People I wanna read through tomorrow:

BWT - I think his interactions with me and Quin have all been very bandwagon-y, and his super hyperbolic comments about some of Quin's stuff made me roll my eyes.

SVS - Same sort of weird stuff with Quin, and all that weird possible vote manip stuff.

3J - Some of his interactions back when we were doing the 'ol super-long back-and-forth that nobody reads, struck me as him wanting to push an agenda and not keeping an open mind. But then I show up, post the thesis of what I was saying the whole time, albeit in a much less frazzled way, and he does a 180 on me. My read-through will entirely concentrate on his interactions with people other than myself, in order to try and eliminate the "No U" bias from my mind.

None of these people I'd go so far as to say I suspect, but they've all either done or been involved in some stuff that pings my meter. I'm gonna do some research, and see what I can find.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

@Leetic - Back in AoT Mafia, you were my MVP. You posted a steady stream of in-depth ISO's and analysis, the type of stuff that sets my heart a-flutter. What happened to the Leetic who impressed the hell out of me in that game? I miss that guy.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Heeeeyyy Matt! So you're alive after all!
Matt wrote:Lol. So I had a few windows open, and the following was supposed to be in the previous post...DEEERP...

RIP Wilgy
RIPifywg Rabbit

Bye Goldy and Bullz...oh Bullz... :(

Welcome Espers and 3J! Especially 3J, my knight in shining armor!

Sorry town (and Dom) for not voting in the night poll, that's lame, it won't happen again.

This is the first time this game you have used "DERP". Before it was "Hrmmm".
Does that mean something? Is Mars in retrograde with the earth sign Taurus? Do cats love boxes?

And hey, what happened to your suspicion of me? I mean, don't get me wrong. I grateful not to have the current wrath of Matt, but I do find it...odd...you left me out of your catch up cycle, since I was (at least I thought) your main suspicion from Day 1.

Linki: hey INH can we really be sure that Merideth forced anyone for today's polls?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:JJJ I'm just curious, because you brought this up before: you said that leetic' behavior of placing a vote without talking about it is inherently a civ thing to do. What evidence do you have behind that?
I didn't say that. I said playing with a very low degree of effort is often a civilian trait rather than a baddie trait. I didn't say anything about his vote until you brought it up in response to that prior assertion.

In nearly every Mafia game I've ever played, there is at least one (usually a lot more than one) town player who does absolutely nothing to help the town cause. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is. So when I see a player who has not applied him or herself whatsoever to the game, I am not going to be automatically inclined to suspect that player. Indeed, I might just roll my eyes and ignore the slot for the time being, because I greatly prefer to operate in an informed realm instead of totally guessing.

Unmentioned votes are not something I have seen as much, because they're impossible on every site I've ever played at except The Syndicate (where the poll makes it possible). Unexplained votes I have seen constantly everywhere I've been, both from townies and from baddies.
Scotty wrote:I'm also curious- I respect you as a player because you always pack a mouthful of glorious opinions to your posts, so I'm wondering your opinion: would you say more Mafia members are bound to be more talkative or less talkative on this site? I know there are exceptions in both cases (MP as Mafia and Bubbles as civ come to mind) but on however many games you've played, what is the case?
Based on what I have seen, without laying out all of the data in front of me and thoroughly assessing it, I would say most baddies trend below the mean in post count and in total content. However, they don't trend at the bottom. I'd say the typical zone of contribution where I most frequently find baddies on The Syndicate is in the 3rd quadrant. I'll draw it on a line for the sake of clarity.

This is a very general and vague perspective, and it always depends on each individual player. Certain people when bad will have a lot more posts than others. I definitely don't think all baddies fall into this zone, but it's a "hot spot".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Scotty wrote:Linki: hey INH can we really be sure that Merideth forced anyone for today's polls?
Seeing as bea was one of the people who would supposedly be forced to vote, and she posted her approval of my tracking of the inact votes, I think it's safe to assume so. Plus SD and Lorab's fly-by votes for 3J and BWT respectively seem to help that assumption.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:3J - Some of his interactions back when we were doing the 'ol super-long back-and-forth that nobody reads, struck me as him wanting to push an agenda and not keeping an open mind. But then I show up, post the thesis of what I was saying the whole time, albeit in a much less frazzled way, and he does a 180 on me. My read-through will entirely concentrate on his interactions with people other than myself, in order to try and eliminate the "No U" bias from my mind.
My greatest Mafia strength is probably also my greatest weakness -- the ability change my mind on a whim. :dark:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

bea wrote:I don't get why you GTH epi or eloh as bad.

Like I said, still struggling to find my feet and I usually work more from who do I trust backwards than who do I suspect, but I'd not seen anything weird out of them that gave me any bad feelings or anything.
With Elohcin I think I might be breaking one of my cardinal rules -- seeing a team mate relationship without any flips to facilitate it. When I look at leetic's attack on Elohcin's "fluff", it strikes me as very arbitrary and very forced, to the point that I wonder if he was overzealous in his desire to distance from Elohcin. This is something I've seen a lot of lately around here from baddies in multiple games and that might be influencing my perspective. Elohcin herself seemed concerned about this:
Elohcin wrote:
leetic wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I am going to go with Customer Service tonight.
Why are you posting such fluffy, non-game-related stuff this late in? Surely you have something else to talk about?
fluffy, non- game related stuff? What are you talking about? I don't think I've posted anything non-game related except that I would be back to vote after my show last night and even that was semi-game related. I don't know what you're talking about. Also, looking back at all your posts, you have only made ONE semi-on topic post. The rest have been "fluffy, non-game related" posts.
DrumBeats wrote:@ Leetic and Eloh - What are your current reads?
I do hope you aren't lumping me with this Leetic person by asking us both about our reads at the same time. At the moment I am most concerned with Quin for his/her "I'm a civ and you'll be sorry" post before EoD 1. As I've said before and as most people are probably tired of hearing...big games are difficult for me. I am trying to keep up, take notes, and participate as much as possible. I will have more things to say as time goes on, promise.
Otherwise, Elohcin's posts on their own power don't perturb me, but they don't inspire me either. They make me feel nothing, really. That might not sound damning, but I am getting a solid number of town vibes from this player roster right now, and that means the people not making me feel that way are inherently suspicious by process of elimination. It's not a confident matter on Day 2 with so many people alive, but it's where my head is.

I'll look over Epignosis and talk about him separately. I think I can be less vague there.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

insertnamehere wrote:
Scotty wrote:Linki: hey INH can we really be sure that Merideth forced anyone for today's polls?
Seeing as bea was one of the people who would supposedly be forced to vote, and she posted her approval of my tracking of the inact votes, I think it's safe to assume so. Plus SD and Lorab's fly-by votes for 3J and BWT respectively seem to help that assumption.
Ah good call. I wonder how many will miss today's poll? I can't tell right now if Merideth spreading votes out like they seem to be is actually advantageous or not. On the surface it doesn't look it unless Merideth puts 2 votes on who she feels is the most suspicious. Some of those vites might as well be bunt cakes- no one eats them, so they rot away.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Beefs with Epignosis:
Epignosis wrote:
Matt wrote:For all I know, neither Scotty or FS found my question suspicious, but they did jump to the aid of someone who's alignment they can't possibly know yet without letting SVS answer first. And then FS proceeded to advance her agenda with exaggerations about management and fibs about me misleading people.

Derp.

Lol @ judging then saying it's not for you to judge. :workit:

-1 on INH
How do you know that?
I don't know why Epi asked this question. Matt's assertion was rather ordinary -- that two people (Scotty and fingersplints) shouldn't know the alignment of S~V~S yet and thus should have no reason to interfere with his methods. I don't think there's any implication here that Matt knows more than he should know, which is where Epi's question seems to lead.
Epignosis wrote:Matt is my number one suspect. He named two suspects but clung to fingersplints. I say he and Scotty are teammates.
This strikes me as a very small reason to regard Matt as the number one suspect, and there's an air of opportunism too given the crap Matt got throughout Day 1.
Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Hmm...

I think Quin and INH are on a team. I also think INH and Matt are on opposite teams. I also don't think bad Matt woud gimmick this early, unless he is strictly copying another game. He compared this point system to transistor, but I don't think he's copying what he did there.

Why is that question strange bullz? Feep free to answer the question yourself.
All of this sounds like somebody who needed something to say coming in and saying something. Why do you think these things? What posts brought you to these conclusions? Why are you defending Matt?
This is fun in that Epignosis is accusing Wilgy of providing fake content, when Epi's post itself looks to me like fake content. Moreover, the Wilgy post being criticized looks a lot like the Epignosis post in the previous spoiler. Saying something for the sake of saying something. Taking a stance for the sake of taking a stance.
Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I think Quin and INH are on a team. I also think INH and Matt are on opposite teams. I also don't think bad Matt woud gimmick this early, unless he is strictly copying another game. He compared this point system to transistor, but I don't think he's copying what he did there.

All of this sounds like somebody who needed something to say coming in and saying something. Why do you think these things? What posts brought you to these conclusions? Why are you defending Matt?
Why would have I needed something to say Epi?
:smoky:
DrWilgy wrote:INH put too much effort in his mockery of Matt's point system. Thus I think they are on opposite teams. The reason why I'm defending Matt is because of this. If INH is bad, then Matt is probably good.
This is a soft accusation. What you are really saying is that you think insertnamehere is bad, but you couch that accusation in a conditional statement. Is this to imply that if Matt is bad, you think insertnamehere is good?
DrWilgy wrote:Regarding Quin, I have no justification for why I think they are on the same team, thier patterns feel similar though.
I see.
DrWilgy wrote:Timmer and Epi, what do you think of the questions that I have asked so far?
DrWilgy wrote:@Svs, did you really think you'd get a yes or no answer out of that from Dom?
2/10
DrWilgy wrote:INH, how long will you take until you begin to policy lynch no shows/wallflowers?
4/10
DrWilgy wrote:I feel that AoT mafia turned out the way it did because of this mindset. Do you agree or disagree?
2/10
DrWilgy wrote:Matt and Bea, if someone were to target you right now, who do you think would do so?
1/10
DrWilgy wrote:Hey INH and Quin, if someone were to target you right now, who would that person be?
1/10
DrWilgy wrote:Could you see multiple players targeting you currently?
1/10
DrWilgy wrote:Why would have I needed something to say Epi?
1/10
DrWilgy wrote:Timmer and Epi, what do you think of the questions that I have asked so far?
4/10
The "soft accusation" thing looks fake too. Wilgy suggested a bad INH might suggest a good Matt, which makes perfect sense given the treatment INH gave Matt on Day 1. There's no reason for this to be perceived as "soft". There's no "couching". Wilgy voiced suspicion of INH independent of Matt and then made an assertion about how a baddie flip by INH might reflect on Matt. That's reasonable.

Then all those numeral grades are just pointless. Epignosis is not the type to waste thread space on nonsense.
Epignosis wrote:I voted Mr. Pink.
Epignosis ended up supporting the Wilgy lynch. The only supporting content for this vote is in the preceding spoiler, which I've already griped about. He seemed very relaxed and content to go with the flow on this one. I get the impression given the language of his posts that he suspected Matt more than Wilgy, but he didn't bother to press the issue. I'd expect a civilian Epignosis to be a little more invested in getting his suspect lynched.

Separately from all this, I count 14 of Epi's 33 posts that add nothing to the discussion. This number can be disputed to be slightly higher or slightly lower depending upon interpretation. Regardless I see potential post count inflation.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:JJJ I'm just curious, because you brought this up before: you said that leetic' behavior of placing a vote without talking about it is inherently a civ thing to do. What evidence do you have behind that?
I didn't say that. I said playing with a very low degree of effort is often a civilian trait rather than a baddie trait. I didn't say anything about his vote until you brought it up in response to that prior assertion.

In nearly every Mafia game I've ever played, there is at least one (usually a lot more than one) town player who does absolutely nothing to help the town cause. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is. So when I see a player who has not applied him or herself whatsoever to the game, I am not going to be automatically inclined to suspect that player. Indeed, I might just roll my eyes and ignore the slot for the time being, because I greatly prefer to operate in an informed realm instead of totally guessing.

Unmentioned votes are not something I have seen as much, because they're impossible on every site I've ever played at except The Syndicate (where the poll makes it possible). Unexplained votes I have seen constantly everywhere I've been, both from townies and from baddies.
i was using leetic as an example of what I mean, as you were. You admit that what leetic is doing is a behavior exhibited by both Mafia and civilians alike. And that there is usually a handful of players that are not helpful as town but are still town. While I agree with this assessment, as INH has pointed out he is playing differently than his own meta exhibited as MVp in AoT Mafia. Chock it up to lack of available time to commit to the game and I can understand. But not explaining votes I will always find suspicious. Especially when they are given ample time to come back and explain it, and proceed to not. I roll my eyes at this kind of behavior too, but it doesn't mean it should be swept under the rug for another Christmas. :workit:
Scotty wrote:I'm also curious- I respect you as a player because you always pack a mouthful of glorious opinions to your posts, so I'm wondering your opinion: would you say more Mafia members are bound to be more talkative or less talkative on this site? I know there are exceptions in both cases (MP as Mafia and Bubbles as civ come to mind) but on however many games you've played, what is the case?
Based on what I have seen, without laying out all of the data in front of me and thoroughly assessing it, I would say most baddies trend below the mean in post count and in total content. However, they don't trend at the bottom. I'd say the typical zone of contribution where I most frequently find baddies on The Syndicate is in the 3rd quadrant. I'll draw it on a line for the sake of clarity.

This is a very general and vague perspective, and it always depends on each individual player. Certain people when bad will have a lot more posts than others. I definitely don't think all baddies fall into this zone, but it's a "hot spot".
thanks for sharing. I know it's not going to be a catch-all for Mafia typologies. But I suppose I was curious to reaffirm my own suspicions on the matter. The grey matter in the graph is what constitutes the baseline for "average" content? I guess that's purely subjective, and not necessarily a post-count thing?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:i was using leetic as an example of what I mean, as you were. You admit that what leetic is doing is a behavior exhibited by both Mafia and civilians alike. And that there is usually a handful of players that are not helpful as town but are still town. While I agree with this assessment, as INH has pointed out he is playing differently than his own meta exhibited as MVp in AoT Mafia. Chock it up to lack of available time to commit to the game and I can understand. But not explaining votes I will always find suspicious. Especially when they are given ample time to come back and explain it, and proceed to not. I roll my eyes at this kind of behavior too, but it doesn't mean it should be swept under the rug for another Christmas. :workit:
I can dig it, and I do think there's a reasonable chance that lynching leetic would net a baddie flip. It's not a lynch I am going to vehemently oppose while the guy is giving me no reason to defend him. My only concern is that we broaden the discussion so Day 2 doesn't devolve into this:

*crickets*

"Hey guys, I suspect leetic." *vote*

*crickets*

*more crickets*

"I'm also voting leetic."

"My vote is going to leetic."

*cricket farts*

"I hope I didn't miss the vote!!! Voting leetic!!!"

*day phase ends*
Scotty wrote:thanks for sharing. I know it's not going to be a catch-all for Mafia typologies. But I suppose I was curious to reaffirm my own suspicions on the matter. The grey matter in the graph is what constitutes the baseline for "average" content? I guess that's purely subjective, and not necessarily a post-count thing?
Right. It's not purely post-count, because that can be warped pretty easily to a higher number than is truly reflective of a player's contribution. It's a basic visual barometer, but a closer look is needed to really determine how much someone has given to the game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 315

Post by DrumBeats »

@ INH - I genuinely think I am good at mafia that allows OC and roleclaiming/info-sharing which is the norm on my homesite. Not so much when you take away my OC and fakeclaim gambits I love so much.

@ 3J - I like the idea of GTH'ing right now. I'm going to do one as well.

bea: good
birdwithteeth11: good
JaggedJimmyJay: good
Indiglo: bad
DFaraday: good
Elohcin: good
enrique: good
Epignosis: bad
fingersplints: good
espers: good
insertnamehere: bad
leetic: bad
LoRab: bad
Matt: bad
Quin: good
Scotty: bad
Serge: bad
sig: good
Sorsha: good
Spacedaisy: bad
SVS: good
timmer: good
Zeus: good

@ 3J again - I don't see how the INH post warranted a 180 flip honestly. I felt slightly better on it, but I feel like it didn't do anything to negate the four discredit-focussed interactions that preceded it.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

@JJJ no, I'm with you. I still haven't gone over the Wilgy votes like I said I would, and I may not get to it today mainly due to my lack of time or cognizance tomorrow as I groggle through anesthesia.

I like your Epi assessment. He's convinced Matt and I are bad but hasn't bothered explaining why. That reads as fishy to me.

Linki: JJJ why can't we wait to do GTh reads in a pocket of time sometime before EOD? I've never done a true GTH read in real time.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrumBeats wrote:@ 3J again - I don't see how the INH post warranted a 180 flip honestly. I felt slightly better on it, but I feel like it didn't do anything to negate the four discredit-focussed interactions that preceded it.
To be honest, the "180 flip" is more of an appearance than a reality. I know I sounded like a very confident individual as I hammered him repeatedly, but that's part of the interrogation. The suspicion was genuine, but there was a reason I allowed that exchange to continue as long as I did (longer than usual) -- there's a universe in which everything suspicious about him really is a direct result of his personality. This would be a similar reality to what was seen with Glorfindel in Battlestar Galactica, though with a different personality being challenged this time. There are some players who play in such a way, or think in such a way, that everything they do in a game thread is going to bear a specific appearance. With Glorfindel it was frequent ultra-earnest self-defense and pleas for people to listen. With INH (if he's town), it'd be frequent ultra-snappy frustration and reflected suspicion.

What was present in his most recent post addressing my suspicion of him that I hadn't felt previously was this:
insertnamehere wrote:Sorry for being absent for the last 24 or so hours. This is the part of the game that really fucking gets to me and stresses me out to frankly completely unreasonable levels. It's also why, over time, I've come to prefer the more "avant-garde" games that take more liberal interpretations of the mafia ruleset. Hell, my favorite game I've ever been in was Llama's Oblique Strategies where I tried to convince the "mafia" to out themselves so that everyone could win. And it almost worked.

I'm gonna keep this simple.

1. I was gone from the site for about a year and a half. I came back about a month ago. There are a lot of new players with new strategies who I don't know, and they don't know me.
This looks like a man who is trying to both understand and also describe how the circumstances of this game and the environment of this thread have put him in a position that is frustrating him. This kind of thing is often difficult to fake for a baddie, because a baddie mindset is typically nowhere near this kind of stuff. A frustrated townie is frequently thinking about this kind of stuff.

I don't pretend that my change of heart is all butterflies and rainbows. When I move my stance this significantly, I do it with an inherent tinfoil terror that I'm letting go of a correct read and thus letting a baddie of the hook. But I can't substantiate that concern with content that exists, and I have to follow my read as it honestly proceeds -- currently away from suspicion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

In regards to the leetic lynch, I agree with 3J's take on it. Voting leetic is basically a roll of the dice at this point, and I find it an easy vote for baddies/lazy civs to hop onto right now without having to contribute anything else. The other thing I'm not a fan of with it is how little information we can get from it as of now, as the only real person he's interacted with is Eloh, and his only vote was on Wilgy.

I'm fine with a leetic lynch I guess, but I'd much rather lynch someone I feel more confident in being scum/give more info, in the INH, LoRab, and one of Matt/Scotty specifically.

@ 3J linki - Makes enough sense. How do you feel about LoRab and the possibility of a Matt/Scotty scumteam?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:Linki: JJJ why can't we wait to do GTh reads in a pocket of time sometime before EOD? I've never done a true GTH read in real time.
Whenever the thread is active and enough people are present, GTH reads are a fine idea. If you see a good opportunity, you should take the lead on that operation and see it through. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by indiglo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
bea wrote:I don't get why you GTH epi or eloh as bad.

With Elohcin I think I might be breaking one of my cardinal rules -- seeing a team mate relationship without any flips to facilitate it. When I look at leetic's attack on Elohcin's "fluff", it strikes me as very arbitrary and very forced, to the point that I wonder if he was overzealous in his desire to distance from Elohcin. This is something I've seen a lot of lately around here from baddies in multiple games and that might be influencing my perspective. Elohcin herself seemed concerned about this:
Elohcin wrote:
leetic wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I am going to go with Customer Service tonight.
Why are you posting such fluffy, non-game-related stuff this late in? Surely you have something else to talk about?
fluffy, non- game related stuff? What are you talking about? I don't think I've posted anything non-game related except that I would be back to vote after my show last night and even that was semi-game related. I don't know what you're talking about. Also, looking back at all your posts, you have only made ONE semi-on topic post. The rest have been "fluffy, non-game related" posts.
DrumBeats wrote:@ Leetic and Eloh - What are your current reads?
I do hope you aren't lumping me with this Leetic person by asking us both about our reads at the same time. At the moment I am most concerned with Quin for his/her "I'm a civ and you'll be sorry" post before EoD 1. As I've said before and as most people are probably tired of hearing...big games are difficult for me. I am trying to keep up, take notes, and participate as much as possible. I will have more things to say as time goes on, promise.
Otherwise, Elohcin's posts on their own power don't perturb me, but they don't inspire me either. They make me feel nothing, really. That might not sound damning, but I am getting a solid number of town vibes from this player roster right now, and that means the people not making me feel that way are inherently suspicious by process of elimination. It's not a confident matter on Day 2 with so many people alive, but it's where my head is.

I'll look over Epignosis and talk about him separately. I think I can be less vague there.

I like this. It resonates with me.

I feel like I often have trouble developing a read on Eloh in a game. I'm not sure exactly why, if it's just our minds work differently, our play styles are different, or what. But I find I often tend toward thinking she's bad, I have tried to move away from that the best I can. I still like this thing you noticed though.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrumBeats wrote:@ 3J linki - Makes enough sense. How do you feel about LoRab and the possibility of a Matt/Scotty scumteam?
I called LoRab "good" GTH, but there was a little cognitive dissonance about it. She's a tough one to peg right now. I think her beefs with Quin appeared genuine, but there's not much else to talk about with her and that's not ideal.

As I suggested before, I try not to think about who might be baddie team mates among living players, because those links are incomplete without the confirmation of a flip. At face value, I haven't noticed any compelling reason to associate those two (Matt and Scotty). Have you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by indiglo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Beefs with Epignosis:
Epignosis wrote:
Matt wrote:For all I know, neither Scotty or FS found my question suspicious, but they did jump to the aid of someone who's alignment they can't possibly know yet without letting SVS answer first. And then FS proceeded to advance her agenda with exaggerations about management and fibs about me misleading people.

Derp.

-1 on INH
How do you know that?
I don't know why Epi asked this question. Matt's assertion was rather ordinary -- that two people (Scotty and fingersplints) shouldn't know the alignment of S~V~S yet and thus should have no reason to interfere with his methods. I don't think there's any implication here that Matt knows more than he should know, which is where Epi's question seems to lead.
Epignosis wrote:Matt is my number one suspect. He named two suspects but clung to fingersplints. I say he and Scotty are teammates.
This strikes me as a very small reason to regard Matt as the number one suspect, and there's an air of opportunism too given the crap Matt got throughout Day 1.
Epignosis wrote:

This is fun in that Epignosis is accusing Wilgy of providing fake content, when Epi's post itself looks to me like fake content. Moreover, the Wilgy post being criticized looks a lot like the Epignosis post in the previous spoiler. Saying something for the sake of saying something. Taking a stance for the sake of taking a stance.
Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

DrWilgy wrote:INH put too much effort in his mockery of Matt's point system. Thus I think they are on opposite teams. The reason why I'm defending Matt is because of this. If INH is bad, then Matt is probably good.
This is a soft accusation. What you are really saying is that you think insertnamehere is bad, but you couch that accusation in a conditional statement. Is this to imply that if Matt is bad, you think insertnamehere is good?
DrWilgy wrote:Regarding Quin, I have no justification for why I think they are on the same team, thier patterns feel similar though.
I see.
DrWilgy wrote:@Svs, did you really think you'd get a yes or no answer out of that from Dom?
2/10
DrWilgy wrote:INH, how long will you take until you begin to policy lynch no shows/wallflowers?
4/10
DrWilgy wrote:I feel that AoT mafia turned out the way it did because of this mindset. Do you agree or disagree?
2/10
DrWilgy wrote:Matt and Bea, if someone were to target you right now, who do you think would do so?
1/10
DrWilgy wrote:Hey INH and Quin, if someone were to target you right now, who would that person be?
1/10
1/10
1/10
4/10
The "soft accusation" thing looks fake too. Wilgy suggested a bad INH might suggest a good Matt, which makes perfect sense given the treatment INH gave Matt on Day 1. There's no reason for this to be perceived as "soft". There's no "couching". Wilgy voiced suspicion of INH independent of Matt and then made an assertion about how a baddie flip by INH might reflect on Matt. That's reasonable.

Then all those numeral grades are just pointless. Epignosis is not the type to waste thread space on nonsense.
Epignosis ended up supporting the Wilgy lynch. The only supporting content for this vote is in the preceding spoiler, which I've already griped about. He seemed very relaxed and content to go with the flow on this one. I get the impression given the language of his posts that he suspected Matt more than Wilgy, but he didn't bother to press the issue. I'd expect a civilian Epignosis to be a little more invested in getting his suspect lynched.

Separately from all this, I count 14 of Epi's 33 posts that add nothing to the discussion. This number can be disputed to be slightly higher or slightly lower depending upon interpretation. Regardless I see potential post count inflation.
I am not as solidly sold on this case, but I still like what you're doing and where you're going. I think I may have an inherent bias with Epi - when some of his logic and reasoning agrees with mine, I tend to correlate that to him also being civ. He posted a couple things (or at least 1, I should really do an ISO to double check) that were exactly where my head was at at that time, so it made me lean slightly civ on him.

Also, as a side point - One of the reasons I am not a huge fan of lynching low posters (especially at the beginning) is an amalgam of some points that 3J and (I think?) DB have made. In my experience, super low posters at the beginning are many time civs, and a warm civ body is still better than a warm baddie body (due to numbers). Also, there is just so little to go on, it seems worse than even 50/50 odds. At least if you look at someone with some posts you can get a read, even if you end up being wrong. Now I will also say that I do kind of think that is unfair at the same time... because if you just start lynching active players, all you're left with is the low posters, and the game comes to a crawl and you still can't figure anything out about those players... but for me the risk of lynching a low posting civ (especially at the beginning) overrides that most of the time.

I feel like I have very little in the way of reads, but as I sit here and type I find that I am developing some gut feels on quite a few players, so whether they be wrong or right, I am developing some reads. However, my PM pills have kicked in, I am exhausted and feeling super sleepy... so I'm not sure how much longer my sentences will even be coherent. But this will definitely continue to simmer in the back of my mind, and I will plan to work on some cold, quick, GTHs on the morrow.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:@ 3J linki - Makes enough sense. How do you feel about LoRab and the possibility of a Matt/Scotty scumteam?
I called LoRab "good" GTH, but there was a little cognitive dissonance about it. She's a tough one to peg right now. I think her beefs with Quin appeared genuine, but there's not much else to talk about with her and that's not ideal.

As I suggested before, I try not to think about who might be baddie team mates among living players, because those links are incomplete without the confirmation of a flip. At face value, I haven't noticed any compelling reason to associate those two (Matt and Scotty). Have you?
1) In Matt's Day 0 stuff, he keyed in on Scotty/Splints but was quick to shift that to mostly Splints. At one point in Scotty's ISO, he states that Matt wasn't pushing Splints over him because the vote ended up on him. Just feels like distancing imo

2) If you ISO me, you can find the other quote, but I don't want to paraphrase it again and have Matt accuse me of "lying" over it. Basically, Matt developed a roundabout suspicion on Goldy on the basis of Scotty being mafia, but that post was discussing potentially voting Goldy for it instead of Scotty.

3) This is a minor one imo, but Scotty was quick to believe that Matt was silenced this phase. The fact that he wasn't nullifies this one a bit, but I still see no reason to suspect he was silenced that early in day one.
Serge
The Mark
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Serge »

I am town aligned
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Serge wrote:I am town aligned
Thanks for the heads up. :|

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 123
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote:People I wanna read through tomorrow:

BWT - I think his interactions with me and Quin have all been very bandwagon-y, and his super hyperbolic comments about some of Quin's stuff made me roll my eyes.

SVS - Same sort of weird stuff with Quin, and all that weird possible vote manip stuff.

3J - Some of his interactions back when we were doing the 'ol super-long back-and-forth that nobody reads, struck me as him wanting to push an agenda and not keeping an open mind. But then I show up, post the thesis of what I was saying the whole time, albeit in a much less frazzled way, and he does a 180 on me. My read-through will entirely concentrate on his interactions with people other than myself, in order to try and eliminate the "No U" bias from my mind.

None of these people I'd go so far as to say I suspect, but they've all either done or been involved in some stuff that pings my meter. I'm gonna do some research, and see what I can find.
What does this mean?

As for your frustration post, are you feeling better? Would you be surprised that without a break I know how you feel? Maybe it could be that we have something in common, a desire to march to a different drummer? Do you prefer to do things your own way rather than have someone else tell you what to do? :hugs:

But what if having to try tomake everything a question was the most frustrating thing of all? :pout:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Why do you suppose I would vote for Epignosis?

Could it be his low flying ways; very very very odd for him, don't you think? Does anyone think of "low posters" and "Epignosis" in the same sentence?

Would you believe that I have twice as many posts as him, and have posted only minimally during the night, and questioned little during the day?

Will I be busy tonight? :nicenod: Why else would I vote now? Do I think Epignosis is s baddie? :srsnod:

Is it possible I will have time to ask more questions today at work? Will you tune in to the same bat time, same bat channel to find out? Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

insertnamehere wrote: I wanna take a quick informal poll.

Who here genuinely thinks that they are good at mafia?

I know I sure as hell don't. But I like playing it anyway.
I know I definitely am not. We're less than 24 hours away from Day 2 ending, Quin's posts since after the Day 1 lynch have started to make me feel better about him, and I'm currently catching up and have zero suspicions on anyone. Although part of that may be because this is a very large game and most large games take me a bit longer to start to sink in and get more concrete ideas.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Good to know. Where is this coming from?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. I'm starting to develop some gut feelings on one topic at least. Might as well contribute it since I don't have a lot that's concrete so far.

I was originally on the side of JJJ in his ISO/case against INH. Especially since to me, it looked like INH was going after Matt's playstyle and philosophy instead of the actual case being made. I was considering re-reading INH today to see if I could justify voting for him, and then he dropped this post:
insertnamehere wrote:Sorry for being absent for the last 24 or so hours. This is the part of the game that really fucking gets to me and stresses me out to frankly completely unreasonable levels. It's also why, over time, I've come to prefer the more "avant-garde" games that take more liberal interpretations of the mafia ruleset. Hell, my favorite game I've ever been in was Llama's Oblique Strategies where I tried to convince the "mafia" to out themselves so that everyone could win. And it almost worked.

I'm gonna keep this simple.

1. I was gone from the site for about a year and a half. I came back about a month ago. There are a lot of new players with new strategies who I don't know, and they don't know me.

2. I learned about a strategy that I haven't really seen widely used and accepted. I didn't have a very high opinion of this strategy, and I thought it was utterly unhelpful to the civilians. Yes, maybe it worked in past games that I didn't play, but that's all anecdotal to me.

3. I made jokes about that strategy and the person who used it. They weren't, in my opinion, mean-spirited or cruel, and were more like me poking fun while communicating my opinion. If I was unreasonably elaborate with my jokes, that's because I'm the type of person who will take a dumb comic premise and run with it. Also, I was bored.

If I think something is unhelpful to the civilian cause, I'm going to say so, and I'm going to advise that we don't play into it.

Once again, I wasn't trying to say that Matt, the person, was unreasonable and shouldn't be listened to, I just thought that some of his strategies were potentially harmful to the civilian cause.

To me at least, this conversation existed outside the context of the game. Maybe it's a conversation that should be better held in a separate thread. I guess I was naive.
I completely understand Point #1. I was gone from here for almost 6 months and came back to find quite a few new players from other mafia sites who are used to different cultures and attitudes on certain aspects of the game that seem very antithetical to me. So it takes me some time to get used to something new like that.

I have my own interpretation of Point #2. I think the fact that there are a lot of inactives or low posters (pot kettle black here :sigh: ) in a large game like this early on makes it much easier for baddies to hide. Especially when the better strategy is to overwhelm them with posts about almost anything and everything. Mountains of discussion are much harder for baddies to hide behind IMO. However, adding in that there are quite a few players here that I haven't ever played with or not played with much makes it harder for me to find my footing as well and start to contribute. So maybe part of that is just how I play the game and get used to it.

Point #3 is really what made me turn the corner on INH. He was at least self-aware enough to realize why he got some backlash and was willing to explain where he was coming from. That, and INH is definitely a player with a unique sense or humor, which is something I appreciate about him.

I'm not sure what all of that accomplished, but I'm glad I put thoughts on something out there. So yeah, basically I do not think INH is bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 186

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Beefs with Epignosis:
Epignosis wrote:

Derp.

-1 on INH
How do you know that?
Nope. Civilian BTSC is immensely popular on this site.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
It's Day 1. I don't need anything more than a very small reason to have a number one suspect.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I see.
2/10
4/10
2/10
1/10
1/10
1/10
1/10
4/10
When you lynch me, you can see how fake it was.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Then all those numeral grades are just pointless. Epignosis is not the type to waste thread space on nonsense.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
You don't know what you'd expect a civilian Epignosis to do. Maybe lynching me would be educational for you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Separately from all this, I count 14 of Epi's 33 posts that add nothing to the discussion. This number can be disputed to be slightly higher or slightly lower depending upon interpretation. Regardless I see potential post count inflation.
I don't give a shit about post count, and I don't think you do either.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Why do you suppose I would vote for Epignosis?

Could it be his low flying ways; very very very odd for him, don't you think? Does anyone think of "low posters" and "Epignosis" in the same sentence?

Would you believe that I have twice as many posts as him, and have posted only minimally during the night, and questioned little during the day?

Will I be busy tonight? :nicenod: Why else would I vote now? Do I think Epignosis is s baddie? :srsnod:

Is it possible I will have time to ask more questions today at work? Will you tune in to the same bat time, same bat channel to find out? Image
I've been at the receiving end of this kind of accusation in almost every game I've been in for almost a year now. I'm surprised my activity is the basis for you voting me- you were one of the reasons I stopped posting so much and reigned in my aggressive ways. And before anyone objects, "Hey, you were bad in Turf Wars!", I think you can appreciate that someone can be genuine despite alignment, especially if someone else verifies what you said about yourself.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by DFaraday »

Both the Epi voters and the leetic voters are pinging me a bit, as I haven't seen any reason to suspect either of them. Although it's possible that Bea and Splints could be forced by Meredith.

What's more noticeable to me is the shift in attitude of the Day 1 Quin voters:
S~V~S wrote: I was out all weekend and had to read Quin in ISO; would it surprise you to hear that his output during the night period made me feel much better about him? Would it surprise you to hear that his vote made me feel even better?
DrumBeats wrote: Also would not surprise me to hear that the night made you feel better about Quin, I feel a bit better about him myself. The vote making you feel better surprises me a bit, but whatever floats your boat :shrug:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: I know I definitely am not. We're less than 24 hours away from Day 2 ending, Quin's posts since after the Day 1 lynch have started to make me feel better about him, and I'm currently catching up and have zero suspicions on anyone. Although part of that may be because this is a very large game and most large games take me a bit longer to start to sink in and get more concrete ideas.
3 of the 4 Quin voters now feel good about him (DB even listed Quin as civ) with basically no reasoning for this shift beyond, "His posts made me feel better about him." BWT's especially strikes me as an easy way to springboard off of what the others said without offering any new thoughts on Quin. I'll be looking at these three for the remainder of the phase to see if anything else stands out to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Why do you suppose I would vote for Epignosis?

I've been at the receiving end of this kind of accusation in almost every game I've been in for almost a year now. I'm surprised my activity is the basis for you voting me- you were one of the reasons I stopped posting so much and reigned in my aggressive ways. And before anyone objects, "Hey, you were bad in Turf Wars!", I think you can appreciate that someone can be genuine despite alignment, especially if someone else verifies what you said about yourself.
Did I say aggressive? Quiet =/= unaggressive and chatty =/= aggressive, does it?

Were you not the top poster by far in Downton Abbey, and in the top 3 in BSG? I did not think you were exceptionally aggressive in either, do you?

@Faraday, why do you think that being bad is the only reason one may change ones mind overnight in a Mafia game? Why do think that people who disagree with you are suspicious?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I was a top poster in those because nobody killed me. I ended up being a top poster in Turf Wars too because nobody lynched me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:I was a top poster in those because nobody killed me. I ended up being a top poster in Turf Wars too because nobody lynched me.
Until we had already won, that is. :feb:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by DFaraday »

S~V~S wrote: @Faraday, why do you think that being bad is the only reason one may change ones mind overnight in a Mafia game? Why do think that people who disagree with you are suspicious?
I didn't say either of those things. I find it odd that 3/4 of the Quin voters had a sudden change of heart with very little in-thread reasoning for that development.

I don't find the Epi and leetic suspicions shady because I don't agree with them (although I see how it could come off that way); it's more that their reasons were weak. I fail to see how Epi's post count is indicative of alignment, or even an accurate assessment of his typical play
(his post count in recent months varies quite a bit from game to game). The leetic votes are based on almost nothing, which leads me to wonder whether one or more of them is forced.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DFaraday wrote:
S~V~S wrote: @Faraday, why do you think that being bad is the only reason one may change ones mind overnight in a Mafia game? Why do think that people who disagree with you are suspicious?
I didn't say either of those things. I find it odd that 3/4 of the Quin voters had a sudden change of heart with very little in-thread reasoning for that development.

I don't find the Epi and leetic suspicions shady because I don't agree with them (although I see how it could come off that way); it's more that their reasons were weak. I fail to see how Epi's post count is indicative of alignment, or even an accurate assessment of his typical play
(his post count in recent months varies quite a bit from game to game). The leetic votes are based on almost nothing, which leads me to wonder whether one or more of them is forced.
I made a number of points about Epignosis unrelated to post count. If you feel they were weak, please identify those points and explain your misgivings.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis -- bad
SVS -- bad

Epignosis
JaggedJimmyJay (14), S~V~S (15)

:suspish:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Nope. Civilian BTSC is immensely popular on this site.
I agree. What's the implication with Matt though? If he's bad he still doesn't know whether those players have civilian BTSC. Where were you going with your question?
Epignosis wrote:It's Day 1. I don't need anything more than a very small reason to have a number one suspect.
I don't get the impression you were interested in finding anything better. Whether there was anything better to be found on Day 1 is less important to me than the investment you made in your own suspicion -- minimal.
Epignosis wrote:You don't know what you'd expect a civilian Epignosis to do. Maybe lynching me would be educational for you.
Incorrect.

I know exactly what I'd expect a civilian Epignosis to do. What I don't know is whether my expectation is accurate. That's why I bring it up. Instead of spending two entire sentences to say nothing more than "you're wrong", perhaps you could try to address the point.
Epignosis wrote:I don't give a shit about post count, and I don't think you do either.
What is this supposed to mean? Do you suspect me? What purpose does this little highligted bit serve?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis -- bad
SVS -- bad

Epignosis

My GTH reads came before her vote, so I have no idea what your point is.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DFaraday wrote:3 of the 4 Quin voters now feel good about him (DB even listed Quin as civ) with basically no reasoning for this shift beyond, "His posts made me feel better about him." BWT's especially strikes me as an easy way to springboard off of what the others said without offering any new thoughts on Quin. I'll be looking at these three for the remainder of the phase to see if anything else stands out to me.
This I agree with. Both in his original suspicion of Quin and now his relaxed stance on Quin, BWT seemed to be following the herd too contently to be genuine.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis -- bad
SVS -- bad

Epignosis

My GTH reads came before her vote, so I have no idea what your point is.
I know. I was waiting to see if you'd come in and address S~V~S's vote for me (over my post count, of all things) in light of you having given her the bad tag. I thought you would have some reaction to that. You didn't. Now I want to know why.

Return to “Previous Jobs”