Pete the Persian (host/dead/non)
63%

Total votes: 16
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Night 8]

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:21 am Sorry kyle and everyone else. I needed to take some time away from this thing after that flip. I’m lost. I can see wolbre as scum but then he also has a partner and I don’t know who that will be. The gun to head answer is nova but that, again, just feels easy. I don’t know if i’ll have tome for serious digging during the night phase. But as of right now I’m cool with lynching wolbre and open speculation about everybody else.
what has been easy about lynching nova this game?

we're down to 3 townies left, of course POE is a lot easier at this point; it's clear who's town aligned and who isn't.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

look how easy Colin's lynch was. look how easy speed's lynch was.

maybe it is that easy at this point. if I die, please please lynch one of wolbre/nova. do it for me and Kyle no matter what anyone else convinces you.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 517
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:20 pm remember when kyle only cared about having fun. remember when kyle used to mock me and jay for playing for the win. remember those days?

don't worry Kyle, we have this.
simple game victories don't do it for me any more

the only win i care about is winning the top rank in the "who's won the most games in 2018" list
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:27 pm
dunya wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:20 pm remember when kyle only cared about having fun. remember when kyle used to mock me and jay for playing for the win. remember those days?

the only win i care about is winning the top rank in the "who's won the most games in 2018" list
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 207

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:27 pm

By introducing you to the real game, I've ruined mafia for you. Never again will the individual games hold the same gravitas. Now go sign up for literally everything. :grin:
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 0]

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:56 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:42 pm
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:58 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:57 pm
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.
But no one asked about wolbre yet. :ponder:

Good to know nonetheless. Looking forward to playing with you, wolbre!
I don't like this post its weird, light scum ping on MP
What don't you like about it ? Him calling you out ?
Given I share his perspective I am going to assume you aren't trying and are bad.
I'm trying but unlike you I don't share his perspective since I didn't like his initial post (sig's). It felt forced so I understand where MP is coming from and why he asked him that. I'd like to know why he found MP's post bad.
the first indirect interaction between wolbre/nova where nova throws some heat sig's way.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:09 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:49 pm Later in the game if I use my ability, I message JimJammyJay about it, correct?
Why are you asking this here ? I don't want to be rude but this just feels out of place and not so innocent. You have a private chat with the host of the game, didn't you think of asking him there ?
when I iso'd nova earlier in the game, I didn't really like this because it seemed to be initiating a reason to be wary and suspicious of wolbre. as scum partners tho, this is great. they could have probably been laughing about it btsc. perfect distancing post to make it seem like they have no other way to communicate and it no longer seems out of place and hostile but not hostile, yknow what I mean?
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:36 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:32 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:09 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:49 pm Later in the game if I use my ability, I message JimJammyJay about it, correct?
Why are you asking this here ? I don't want to be rude but this just feels out of place and not so innocent. You have a private chat with the host of the game, didn't you think of asking him there ?
If by private chat you mean the role PM that all of us got, yes.

you're making it seem like I'm in a scum chat by using "private chat"
lol no, I'm not baiting you or implying that.

I mean the role private conversation. Questions like that can be asked there and it looks like you did.
and then a whole retraction and disclaimer. yea that was totally early distancing there from nova.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:26 am
wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:13 am
Golden wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:08 am
wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:03 am
Golden wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:02 am
wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:59 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:57 am

It was really aggressive. He accused me of not wanting to bother analyze posts and I don't know where he's getting that from. I don't see a reason against Wolbre explaining his thoughts and giving the analysis of Sloonei's posts that lead him to believe that. It's standard procedure.
There's really no reason for me to explain anything further beyond "Sloonei isn't pure mafia. He might be 3p aligned mafia or regular town" at the moment. Night actions told me so and I'm confident in myself
You need to read those rules.
It's obvious in the thread based on who died imo and who is trading
OK sorry it just looked like you were infodumping but you should make sure you don't do anything that looks like it might be infodumping too.

Glad it wasn't but in any event I've slowly been leaning towards a Colin vote and it might be where I end up. We'll see.
Sorry about that, I was trying to say that based on the stuff leading up to epi's death and this day, I don't think Sloonei would be a worthwhile lynch, but that's just me. I'm far less experienced than 99% of you so it's probably better to just listen to someone else
All right, so here's where we disagree. I think that his lynch is very worthwhile and I found some of his interactions and the also the lack of them with certain players, very interesting. I think he has more scum team compatibility than Colin and thus his flip gives a lot of info.

I also sense a certain resistance to his lynch even though most agree with Mac's case on him. The same can't be said for Colin's lynch. For example Scotty didn't see much of a case against Colin and all of a sudden he sees Colin guilty with each post. Mac who made the case against Sloonei is also voting Colin. You defending him.

Experience can be overrated sometimes. It shouldn't stop anyone from listening to you if your arguments are sound.

I still haven't decided between the two but leaning Sloonei now.
wolbre defending sloonei and calling for colin's lynch, which nova encouraged night 1, and then woop a little flip here while nova pushes sloonei's lynch instead of colin.

and look at this, after the colin flip the only post he mentions wolbre is a post asking sloonei for his opinion on wolbre. and that's it.
novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:22 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:19 pm wolbre04 get in here.
What do you make of change of stance regarding Sig's original meta info on him ?
I do not know what you are referring to, but I had an early town read on wolbre and haven't looked back.
Sig put him down as someone who would side with Mafia if he was an Independent for fun. Wolbree agreed with that assessment D1.

Earlier this dp, Wolbree mentioned that if he was a Independent, he would never side with Mafia.
he doesn't even follow up with sloonei after sloonei answers him.

strong w/w possibility for wolbre and nova.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's all about win percentage. :noble:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

jay can we pls skip the nightphase and move onto day 9? i'll give you a huge kiss?

if it's endgame after this night phase...i'm really sorry I didn't make the wolbre/nova connection earlier guys. it's on me, I defended nova way too much when he was getting heat left and right and we could have lynched him earlier. I was too fixated on how no one would bus Colin that I completely missed what happened when wolbre/nova were trying to get sloonei lynched instead but make it look organic and unsuspicious by both having called colin out too and doing a little fake no ur opinion is wrong and here's why scene.

i feel really dumb and anxious now
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 620
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:05 pm so those are your final reads. you're not even going to try and look into wolbre/nova? or even daisy and sloonei?

oh well. i tried to get people engaged.
Why are you accusing me of never having looked at these people?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:54 pm
dunya wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:05 pm so those are your final reads. you're not even going to try and look into wolbre/nova? or even daisy and sloonei?

why are you so defensive? i'm saying you should re-look into everyone and stop tunneling. and show ur work ;)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 620
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:56 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:54 pm

why are you so defensive? i'm saying you should re-look into everyone and stop tunneling. and show ur work ;)
I want my work to speak for itself. I'm happy with the way I've played this one.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spacedaisy »

dunya, can you please tell me why you eliminated Sloonei from your PoE?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:41 pm It's all about win percentage. :noble:
i agree. i wish i never played image mafia. :suspish:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy, why did you vote for me on Day 7?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:59 pm dunya, can you please tell me why you eliminated Sloonei from your PoE?
honestly mostly gut. I've been scum with sloonei loads of times on rym. actually, he had a reputation like speed on here where he always drew scum roles, it wasn't a joke. I was anxious of early sloonei when it seemed like he wasnt following up on his questions and asking open ended questions for the sake of appearing to engage in discussion and theorize with people. but y'know, i'm gonna peg that one under "he had a busy schedule outside of mafia" because since i've been reengaged in the game after paris, I've seen town sloonei and he reminds me a lot of seinfeld sloonei.

also, scum sloonei wouldn't have refused to budge on jack on day 8 when me, kyle and TH were willing to lynch him. that kind of eliminated all resistance I had from town reading sloonei. unless sloonei and jack are w/w which i think is like 10% chance of that and i never considered it so it must not be, I am sure I know scum sloonei watches thread progression and if he sees a mislynch with 3 people drawn to it this late in the game, he isn't going to oppose it and oppose it with a mislynch of kyle which makes him look worse even. nah. gut says town, i'm gonna listen to instinct.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

My win percentage is garbage and there's no resolving that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:00 pm Spacedaisy, why did you vote for me on Day 7?
Total uninformed vote. Alex came in and said there's like a few minutes left to vote. So I did with one minute or so left, and by the time I saw dunya explain you were the tree stump it was too late to fix. I may or may not have yelled at my husband for panicking me into voting with literally a minute left. Though really it's no one's fault but mine for not being here.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:09 pm My win percentage is garbage and there's no resolving that.
I think MP had the worst percentage and he's one of the best players so I don't think it means much except you probably play a lot of games
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

THE THREAD IS TEMPORARILY LOCKED. PLEASE DO NOT POST, MODERATORS.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

With the Persian navy decimated and Xerxes returning to Persia, a rather hopeless continuation of the invasion lay in the hands of the Persian general Mardonius. With the surviving ground army emerging from Thermopylae and the occupation of Athens, he could do little but march his men backward in the direction from which they had come to Attica. The strength of the Peloponnese had crossed the isthmus with Sparta at the head, but also numerous other southern city-states along with them. The Athenian forces returned to Athens and retook their crown city, and by 479 BC the war was nearly at its end. Mardonius made a final stand at Platea against a full coalition of Greek troops, but this time the dynamic had reversed. The Persians were on the defensive, and the Greeks were making the push.

Mardonius did have one advantage though. He had selected the battlefield himself, as the Platea and Thebes region was open and ideal for the strength of the Persian ground force: cavalry. The Greeks had little immediate answer for this threat, and it made the final battle of the war one of its bloodiest. There is a great deal of conflict regarding casualties. Herodotus provided an almost certainly biased estimate of 159 Greeks versus 270,000 Persians. Another historian named Diodorus from four centuries later gives a more believable guess: 10,000 Greeks versus 50,000-90,000 Persians. In the end the Greeks prevailed, and forced the Persians into a full retreat of the peninsula. Mardonius led them all the way back north through Macedonia and Thrace and back across the Hellespont. The war was over.

The long-term impact of this conflict can be and has been debated in the 2,500 years since. I would assert that had Xerxes succeeded in his original designs, there would have been no meaningful resistance left in all of southern Europe against his continued expansion. Numerous Greek city states dotted the Italian peninsula and Sicily too, and they'd have fallen under the Persian banner. Those very societies, in combination with the Etruscan peoples further north, eventually blossomed into the Roman republic and later the Roman Empire. A great deal of the cultural and scholarly core of Western civilization is rooted in Rome, and Rome is rooted in Greece. Consider also Alexander the Great, a Macedonian king who viewed Greek society as the world's optimum and sought to annex it under a unified banner -- he did so. With Greek power he was able to invade Persia in an almost reverse sequence, and he succeeded in total conquest of their territory from Egypt to the Indus. This was made possible by Macedonian independence and the weakening of Greek power during and after the Peloponnesian War -- a war which would likely have never happened if the Persians had won.

Among the territory affected by the consequences of these conflicts was the Phoenician territory presently known as Israel, obviously a crucial religious center for the world's most dominant monotheistic religions in the modern era (Judaism, Islam, and Christianity). The Ancient Persians were largely Zoroastrian or polytheistic, and a preserved and lasting dominion over their empire may have supressed or even prevented the emergence of at least Islam and Christianity. A conservative historian would have me speak carefully to attribute so much to one conflict, and there is wisdom in that. Still, I struggle to deny the far-reaching impacts of what happened between the Greeks and Persians in the early 5th century BC.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [CONQUEST]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Night 8 has ended.

Turnip Head has been killed. He was:

Aristocratic Councilman

Our re-enactment of the Greco-Persian wars has produced a new ending. The Persians, under the enduring command of the generals Artaphernes and Mardonius, have conquered the Greeks. Athens, Sparta, and all other city-states across southern Europe have fallen under the Persian banner. All hail the Emperor, Artaxerxes, son of Xerxes, grandson of Darius.

Congratulations to ColinIsCool, dunya, Sloonei, and speedchuck for their glorious conquest.

Heightened status in the Persian empire is awarded as well to
novaselinenever of Corinth and Quin of Eretria for declaring their fealty to the Emperor.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The thread is unlocked.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 345

Post by wolbre04 »

im about to post hold up lads and ladettes
ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

wow :0

good work mafia, a well deserved win
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i am never accusing jack again, no matter what, i'm never right about him.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Wow. Good game Persians. Dunya and Sloonei both coming in with the “im not caught up and hate being behind don’t lynch me even though I’m not all there” approach. Totally worked!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Players Alive:

dunya - Mardonius WINNER
Jackofhearts2005 - Diplomatic Representative of Thebes, loyal to Sparta
Marmot - Helot
novaselinenever - Diplomatic Representative of Corinth, loyal to Persia WINNER
Sloonei - Artaphernes WINNER
Spacedaisy - Ground Commander
wolbre04 - Lysander

Players Eliminated:

sig - Themistocles - Lynched on Day 1
Epignosis - Brasidas - Killed on Night 1
ColinIsCool - Xerxes - Lynched on Day 2 WINNER
MacDougall - Pericles - Killed on Night 2
Long Con - Ephor - Lynched on Day 3
Dom - Leonidas - Killed on Night 3
Lunalee - Senator - Lynched on Day 4
Golden - Pythia - Killed on Night 4
speedchuck - Darius the Great - Lynched on Day 5 WINNER
Choutas - Trireme Commander - Killed on Night 5
Scotty - Cimon - Lynched on Day 6
lapluie / colonialbob - Hoplite Commander - Killed on Night 6
Kites / Quin - Diplomatic Representative of Eretria, loyal to Persia - Lynched on Day 7 WINNER
M Plus 7 - Militiades - Killed on Night 7
Kylemii - Pausanias - Lynched on Day 8
Turnip Head - Aristocratic Councilman - Killed on Night 8

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh my my.

Well played mafia. That's what I get for operating under the assumption that Sloonei was a pure Indy this whole time.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

oh ffs
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JJJ, what were the vote totals for The Shittiest Day (tm)?

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 670
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]dunya[/mention]

You kicked my butt and my hat is off to you.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Mom ;-;
Also I'll explain why I suddenly defended Sloonei: My role allowed me to jail and roleblock people. I thought that I would receive a message saying my result if I RB'd or Jailed. When I targeted sloonei, I didn't, so I figured he HAD to be 3p or Athenian
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Please don't hate me town
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Turns out I didn't get a message regardless of who I targeted so fml
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

well, I sucked it up pretty badly friends. You have my humblest apologies. I was convinced dunya was good.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

O ho, whaddya know. Jack was Indy all along and called out Speedchuck, the head of the Persians.

Not so tinfoil, now was it?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:22 pm JJJ, what were the vote totals for The Shittiest Day (tm)?
They can be found, along with all game actions, on this spreadsheet.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 pm O ho, whaddya know. Jack was Indy all along and called out Speedchuck, the head of the Persians.

They never had direct contact. I managed all correspondence.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 pm well, I sucked it up pretty badly friends. You have my humblest apologies. I was convinced dunya was good.
She was a tricky one. I think it could have been reduced if nova had been lynched earlier like he should have. But she had me fooled up until the end too

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 pm O ho, whaddya know. Jack was Indy all along and called out Speedchuck, the head of the Persians.

Interesting.

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] what was your strategy with your Speedchuck call out every phase since day 1?

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Town sure has a terrible streak going.

Mafia wins in Greece, MK, Fire Emblem.

Mafia wins in Street Fighter, Ass Class, Mass Effect, Pirates.

Mountains is the only game in recent memory where the town won AND I wasn’t eliminated really early.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

at least now i know why i got that read on nova
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hellenic League secrets:

~ If more than one member joined the same faction, only the first would be able to place votes that count. Quin's vote was worth zero the day he joined Persia (and was also lynched coincidentally).

~ Those joining the Persians were not made aware of the identities of the Persian team, but the Persians themselves were made aware of the diplomats joining them. This prevent something thematically silly like the Persians killing their own ally. Civilian faction leaders were not made aware of the identities of diplomats joining them, as this free role check would not suit the balance I wanted.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:22 pm JJJ, what were the vote totals for The Shittiest Day (tm)?
They can be found, along with all game actions, on this spreadsheet.
Damn. I was hoping it was a closer tally :(

Jack, I never voted for you and wish I could have expressed that further on the Shittiest Day, but what can ya do.

Well at least I was sorta right that nova was bad. That’s all I need to make me feel better about this loss. Sloonei looked 3p, sides on the Persians to me, but dunya was straight up question mark, civ lean. Well fought up until the end

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:09 pm My win percentage is garbage and there's no resolving that.
I think MP had the worst percentage and he's one of the best players so I don't think it means much except you probably play a lot of games
MP is 23/63 at a 36.51% winrate.
I'm currently at 23/78 at a 29.49% winrate.
Additionally, Epignosis is 31/85 at a 36.47% winrate.

Of course, we're all about to drop another level after this game. XD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Your numbers also suffer from the survival win conditions era.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Scotty wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Interesting.

Jackofhearts2005 what was your strategy with your Speedchuck call out every phase since day 1?
Unlike some players, I had a strategy for fucking around the first half of the game. I had no win condition until I choose one so my temporary win condition was to not die, which I achieved by being loud but unthreatening.

As for Speedchuck, I started off just messing with him but then it became clear he thought/knew I was 3P and was treating me like a scum player would.

So I did exactly as Speed guessed. I pushed a train on him with the intention of siding with whoever he didn’t flip as. Missed the timing and had to pick a side right before he flipped.

The only problem was that I’m not that good at catching baddies so even thought the numbers were in the right spot for me to switch to the town, I couldn’t close.

Surprised nobody agreed with Speed on the thread.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:31 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Your numbers also suffer from the survival win conditions era.
That... is a fair point. Thanks for the reminder. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i made and kept a lot of assumptions that turned out to be extremely false. :[ i'll do better in the future
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”