LittleTiger
38%
Mongoose
25%
Roxy
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Your Little Brother (The Host, The Mod, The Non)
38%

Total votes: 8
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 151

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Day 4]

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Yeah, there's definitely multiple factors going on here. Something about Birdo sitting on the player like an egg to hide him/her from the lynch.
Interesting. But why would the villain remove names from the lynch poll? That doesn't make sense to me.

Sorry I have been pretty MIA the past couple of days. My mom, brother, and sister are here visiting while our lovely host and my knight in shining armor is away on business suffering for the cause of the publicly educated. They aren't even feeding him! :disappoint:
Well Baddie A could have removed Baddie B's name, just like Air King could remove Civ C from the list. I think there are probably other ways to get off the poll list that we aren't thinking of.
Okay, so who are we suspicious of from those whose names are removed (Little Tiger, Mongoose, and Vomps)? You all know I have been suspicious of LT form the beginning (Sorry LT, no personal offense). I am not sure about Vomps. And, I have only gotten good vibes from Mongoose. Needless to say, we cannot vote for any of them today, but we can still talk about them.
I would have mentioned this earlier, but I wanted to make sure it was not against the rules first: I won a P-wing and it went into effect today.

I'm guessing one of the other two was saved by Ice King and one by the Bird Villain. Thus, I'm speculating that 2 of us are good (if that is indeed what the Bird Villain does).
Aaaaaaaah. I won a Tanooki Suit at the auction. I didn't realize it goes into effect automatically.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Mongoose - also the ice king did not take anyone off the poll the air king did.
;)
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Elohcin wrote:About LT. She is usually more informed and contributes more. She is intelligent and keeps track of the ins and outs of the game. She knows whats going on and can usually guess why tings are happening and shares those thoughts in posts on the thread. There hasn't been much (if any) of that this game. I find her behavior odd. Perhaps it is just RL taking precedent. But, why jump in last minute to play when the game is already filled anyway and you don't really have time for it?
And that makes her bad how? That was well before she even had a role. :shrug:

It feels like you're just digging a hole for yourself. An unfriendly, scary, baddie hole.

Votes Elohcin
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Also with Lizzy, has anyone else noticed she's gone completely silent? Is she just not participating or did she give a reason as to why? Or could she even be silenced?
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Also with Lizzy, has anyone else noticed she's gone completely silent? Is she just not participating or did she give a reason as to why? Or could she even be silenced?
I have noticed the very same thing. Alas, the voice of Truth has been silenced. :sigh:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote: Can we not make our coin amounts public? Host?
They're your coins to spend, save, look at, hide under your mattress, throw at pigeons, or discuss as you like. Unless you are deceased.
Dead men tell no tales (or heads) :rip:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Hedgeowl »

Lizzy did mention a lack of internetz where she is. Something about the dark ages and a land without internet. Maybe she's trapped in Mario land??

Oh just read the Ice kings role. Dont think theres been time for him to use this power, but he freezes a player from any actions for a day and night.

I am going to try and do some rereads before the vote, but still leaning russti, although eloh LT case is looking stranger.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I'm torn between Elohcin and Russ. :ponder:

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:I'm torn between Elohcin and Russ. :ponder:
Ouch! Painful.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Lizzy »

Oh, I do have internetz now, but yesterday seemed dead, and today I'm busy packing. So, if I'm close to missing polls and unable to participate (and alive) I would like to let Matt (A Person) take over my role, or whoever is available.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

:sigh: I give up! I still think LT is bad, but of course I could be wrong. Anything is possible. I don't have confirmation form any source. However, I cannot vote LT today anyway. So, I am going to vote Roxy of course. I want to stay in the game.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

Oh, and I am voting pipe world.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Roxy wrote:Mongoose - also the ice king did not take anyone off the poll the air king did.
Yeah, I simply misspoke. think I did that several times actually in RE: Air King. I'll respond to your other questions and concerns before work if time permits.

But all -- I thought we were waiting to vote in the World Map until after the lynch? I'm going to wait make sure the person lynched isn't a king or either Pipe or Dark world. Y'all are making me nervous.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I'm voting Elohcin because I have a feeling that Roxy isn't bad.

Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Lizzy wrote:Oh, I do have internetz now, but yesterday seemed dead, and today I'm busy packing. So, if I'm close to missing polls and unable to participate (and alive) I would like to let Matt (A Person) take over my role, or whoever is available.
Awwwwwwwww! I hope your packing operation shall be a success.

Image Image Image
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Vompatti wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Oh, I do have internetz now, but yesterday seemed dead, and today I'm busy packing. So, if I'm close to missing polls and unable to participate (and alive) I would like to let Matt (A Person) take over my role, or whoever is available.
Awwwwwwwww! I hope your packing operation shall be a success.
omg thanks it has been thus far k :O

I too think Roxy is a civ given her past 'go' at me, plus she's been ill, so I hope you get better, Roxy :hugs: . Elo also strikes me as civ, for the simple fact that she was one of the three water voters. I don't see why a baddie would have jumped to vote for that especially after consulting their team mates. However, her defense does seem a tad extreme and fishy. :ponder:

I'm still leaning towards Bullz and the Sock, SVS not so much as last time, but still on my radar. So between the two my lucky złoty chose MP.

And now for the grand finale: "votes water"

#yoloswag
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

A few quick things -- going to use numbers to organize my thoughts a bit as I am not a morning person :)

1. Like Vomp, if you feel I'm wrong, DON'T vote for Roxy. I am voting for who I am personally suspicious of, end of story. (Look through voting records, but I don't want to say more because of role outing protocol). It's obviously more important for us to lynch a baddie than for me to be right, always always. Re-read my post for my multiple disclaimers on not bandwagon forming. Overall, it's a suspicion and I had to follow up on it. I got a whiff of something and wanted to see where that leads.

2. I'm sincerely sorry that some of you don't seem to be having fun (SVS, Roxy, et al.). That's our main priority here. I hope the party will soon start. None of this is personal against any of you. I'm trying a more proactive approach instead of just jumping on the bandwagon (as I've done several times in this game and been wrong). At least if I'm wrong today, I can only blame myself. Again, this is not meant to be a personal attack on anyone (or reflective of how I feel about a player out of game), but I know it always feels a little bit personal when someone suspects you.

3. Normally I would try not to vote so early, but I work really weird and long hours, and the vote ends right during my transit time, so I didn't think I would have the time to even be on here this morning (I can thank my mortal enemy, the complex's leaf blower worker, for that). In fact, I should be getting right now, so I am going to wrap this up. I went to bed right after I posted (well in that wind down phase). I think Llama's really busy with his out-of-town trip, so I don't think he had the time to let you respond - I think he had to vote and get back to his RL shenanigans.

4. Depending on how this lynch goes today, I really will re-evaluate my stance on LT. I don't want to get blinders on, and I promise to give her a fair shake. Actually, I'll do that either way the lynch goes, provided I survive Night 4).

Good luck, everyone. I'm crossing my fingers I made the right choice.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:
Aaaaaaaah. I won a Tanooki Suit at the auction. I didn't realize it goes into effect automatically.
Okay, so if I used a P-wing, and Vomps used a Tanooki suit, it means that LT was probably protected by the Air King. LT may/not be Civ, but the Air King sure seems to think so, so I'll definitely give that thought. Please consider this before you vote if you haven't yet. :ponder:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I have been reading through the polls and I find the coin voting particularly interesting. I also think the lizzy voters need a closer look, because snow was lynched in that one. A number of factors could have been in play however.

I decided to vote Elohcin because I think between her or LT one of them may be bad.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

By the way, was it in this game when snowy suggested to keep an eye on the llama? I find it somewhat curious how llama votes roxy for a vague reason and elohcin votes roxy right after just to protect herself. :ponder:

Image Image Image
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Why look at my voters? I shall protect all my voters, the water voters and llama with my life. :noble:
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Lizzy wrote:Why look at my voters? I shall protect all my voters, the water voters and llama with my life. :noble:
:huh:

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Russti, if you had voted, who would you have voted for?

I feel like if either E or R flips Civ today, I'll definitely have their blood on my hands, and for that I am sorry.

I'm still a little squirrelly about the number of early World Map voters.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 172

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who is your foe?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:27 am

birdwithteeth11
No votes

Bullzeye
No votes

Elohcin
S~V~S (3), birdwithteeth11 (6), Vompatti (9), Hedgeowl (12)
33%

Hedgeowl
No votes

Lizzy
No votes

MovingPictures07
Lizzy (11)
8%

Roxy
Mongoose (4), thellama73 (5), Elohcin (8)
25%

Russtifinko
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

thellama73
No votes

The Eggplant Wizard (The Host, the Dead, the Non)
agleaminranks (1), Spacedaisy (2), Snow Dog (7), Epignosis (10)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Vompatti wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Why look at my voters? I shall protect all my voters, the water voters and llama with my life. :noble:
Now you are making Vomps suspicious of you?!? What's going to happen next? Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 has been lynched. He was Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 4: Ice Land

A message from Lemmy Koopa:

“...”

That roughly translates to:

How about a game of freeze tag? At the end of each post you make, name two other players, and only two other players.

If it is an odd occurrence of that person’s name, that player is frozen.

If it is an even occurrence of that person’s name, that player is unfrozen.

Frozen players cannot post until unfrozen. If a person posts while frozen, it is an error.

Dead players may participate by posting in red, but of course their posts must be off-topic.

Players may not use their own names.

Lastly, no double posting whatsoever- doing so counts as an error.

Posts that are in error for any reason are completely invalid and do not count for the purposes of freezing or unfreezing.

When the event is over, the players will receive coins commensurate to their performance.
1 post = 1 coin
1 error = -5 coins

Oh, and because we like it cold, the player who stays frozen the longest (i.e., for the most number of posts) wins a special prize!

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to participate and send in PMs.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Now you are making Vomps suspicious of you?!? What's going to happen next? Image
butt he's among the ones I am protecting k :srsnod:
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Lizzy wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
I was going to say I'll still protect you butt I'm not sure if I'd protect llama butt omg what a twist! :omg:

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Lizzy wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Lizzy dear, you do realize that if you try and protect all those players thats almost everyone? 7 people voted for you, 3 for water, and then Vompatti. Although there is maybe overlap.

Lizzy -1 f
Vompatti -1 f
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Night 4]

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti
Lizzy
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Snow Dog wrote:Vompatti
Lizzy
Well I guess that's certainly one way to play this game Snow Dog. Also, wow for llama! i think we just learned Birdos secret power.

Snow - 1
Llama - 1
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Just put the two names you are "tagging" at the end of your post. If the body of your post contains other names, that's fine. It will be easier to keep up with.

Off to be bored (some more)
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

So who was Birdo protecting by switching the vote to Llama?

Snow - 2
Llama - 2
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Bullzeye »

Wait I thought the poll didn't end until tonight? Meh...
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Vompatti
Lizzy
Well I guess that's certainly one way to play this game Snow Dog. Also, wow for llama! i think we just learned Birdos secret power.

Snow - 1
Llama - 1
When I posted no linki came up. I thought I was first
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:So who was Birdo protecting by switching the vote to Llama?

Snow - 2
Llama - 2

That is an excellent question. What we dont know is when the decision to lynch llama had to be made. He was already hinting at suspicion of Roxy, but I think it is too obvious to kill him over. I think it had more to do with who he might have been and his power.

Llama - 3
Roxy - 1

epi - a posting contest? For realz? :WTF:

Linki - it changed cause of when epis conference has breaks. Also, wouldnt have mattered anyway.
I only meant that you listed just the names without comment. Just teasing. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Well, since we don't know who Llama is, where are you going to vote for in the World Map? Several have already voted Pipe and there's a water vote too.

Bullz - 1
Roxy - 2
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Can I post? If not, here's 5 coins. :p
Unfortunately for llama, he kinda... sorta... had the most obvious role out there. That being said, I agree with Owl that whoever did the lynch switch, did it because of that and not to protect someone that was close to being lynched. :sigh:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I was pretty convinced Llama was good, but I guess I didn't have a big clue on who he was. Were the polls what tipped you off to which role Llama was?

Llama - 4
SVS - 1
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Hi everyone! I'm really sorry I missed that poll. Things have been crazy. I have 2 tests tomorrow,and it's been hell trying to get the one for my distance course proctored because my emails kept getting lost. I'll be very busy again today studying and tomorrow taking my tests, but by the next Day I plan to be 100% back in action. I suppose it didn't matter anyway, because it looks like the baddies switched the lynch. I hope that was a one-time thing; otherwise we could be in very big trouble.

Bullz - 2
S~V~S - 2
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote: I suppose it didn't matter anyway, because it looks like the baddies switched the lynch. I hope that was a one-time thing; otherwise we could be in very big trouble.

Bullz - 2
S~V~S - 2
Hi Russti! Good luck on your tests. We think it was a one-use function of Birdo, so they will only be available to switch the vote again if they buy another Birdo villain. Or if they have won a Switch Block?

Russti - 1
Elohcin - 1
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

This may count against me, but just to clarify players are frozen and not allowed to post when they are at odd numbers. So technically lizzy froze me above, even though she didnt tag me or llama at the end. Anyone left at odd numbers cannot post.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't understand Mr Gnosis. Who is frozen? The player who mentions the player or the player being mentioned?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Hedgeowl wrote:This may count against me, but just to clarify players are frozen and not allowed to post when they are at odd numbers. So technically lizzy froze me above, even though she didnt tag me or llama at the end. Anyone left at odd numbers cannot post.
Epignosis wrote:Just put the two names you are "tagging" at the end of your post. If the body of your post contains other names, that's fine. It will be easier to keep up with.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Snow Dog wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:This may count against me, but just to clarify players are frozen and not allowed to post when they are at odd numbers. So technically lizzy froze me above, even though she didnt tag me or llama at the end. Anyone left at odd numbers cannot post.
Epignosis wrote:Just put the two names you are "tagging" at the end of your post. If the body of your post contains other names, that's fine. It will be easier to keep up with.

So do players opt out of not playing if they dont tag at the end? I dont think so. Not sure how to go by this. If I consider Lizzys post invalid I can keep posting. if it is valid then all my posts are not allowed. Someone mention my name please so we can move on.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Because I am at a convention and cannot monitor this thread for this mini-game as I had hoped to be able to do, please put the two names at the end of your post. No need to number them. It's up to the individual poster to figure out if he or she is frozen or not. I'll audit the thread as I am able.

Once again, put the two names at the end of your post- the rest of the names you mention in your actual content are irrelevant for the purpose of the mini-game challenge. You only get coins if your post is a participating post (i.e., you name two people at the end). I hope that clarifies things.

To make things easier, let's start over. No one is frozen, but if you participated above, you still get the coins you earned.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 4 will end at noon, EST on July 18, 2013.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

If anyone freezes me again I'm assuming it's because I'm onto something. I am the 1%, I will not be silenced! :srsnod:

birdwithteeth11
Russtifinko

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Going to go back into the poll vaults to see if I can ferret out who I think Llama was. Gonna analyze his posts a bit too.

Vompatti
Llama
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”