Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Game End

robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:20 pm Wow that was a terrible chop. I actually had no idea eod was going to be like 2am Xmas morning but my vote on Sig was not intentional.

@falcon45ca how in gods green Earth is a post describing the merits of common POE play "abhorrent" and worthy of being voted? That's astonishing to me.
full disclosure but i only voted sig because you were voting him
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:20 pm Wow that was a terrible chop. I actually had no idea eod was going to be like 2am Xmas morning but my vote on Sig was not intentional.

@falcon45ca how in gods green Earth is a post describing the merits of common POE play "abhorrent" and worthy of being voted? That's astonishing to me.
Lame
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:28 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:24 pm
robyn wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:59 pm i will be drunk for the next 24h, or longer
Hope to see you here!
i’d love to talk to you, specifically during the next 24h
Mafia will be my break from the near-constant Christmassing over the next 24h. I'll look for ya!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 494

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:33 pm

Lame
Literally townread the dude. I had my vote on him to try to pressure him into posting and/or generate dialogue.

How is this lame?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:26 pm

full disclosure but i only voted sig because you were voting him
If you read my posts you'd see I was townreading him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also I'm in the future so I had a house full of people over on Xmas eve and it's Xmas morning.

But like really just goes to show people aren't pushing the game forward here at all.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:44 pm

Lame
Literally townread the dude. I had my vote on him to try to pressure him into posting and/or generate dialogue.

How is this lame?
He had like three votes on him with no other viable wagons. Also, why "pressure" someone unlikely to show? Pressuring only works on people who are actually, you know, playing the game. It seems like a way to dodge responsibility with "see, I totally knew this was a bad idea, pay no attention to the fact I never brought this up before!"
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:59 pm

Lame

How is this lame?
He had like three votes on him with no other viable wagons. Also, why "pressure" someone unlikely to show? Pressuring only works on people who are actually, you know, playing the game. It seems like a way to dodge responsibility with "see, I totally knew this was a bad idea, pay no attention to the fact I never brought this up before!"
And how was I supposed to know he was unlikely to show?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:17 pm

Lame

How is this lame?
I don't know, maybe the fact that he hadn't posted in over 24 hours?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:27 pm

Lame

How is this lame?
That was not the case when I voted him, nor does someone not posting in 24 hours make it obvious he's not going to show up past that point.

Are you accusing me of being mafia with this or what?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:46 pm

Lame

How is this lame?
That was not the case when I voted him, nor does someone not posting in 24 hours make it obvious he's not going to show up past that point.

You left it parked for much longer than that. It is wolfy because it seems like a way to distance yourself from an unpopular lynch after you didn't do anything to prevent that from happening.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:55 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:46 pm

Lame

How is this lame?

You left it parked for much longer than that. It is wolfy because it seems like a way to distance yourself from an unpopular lynch after you didn't do anything to prevent that from happening.
This is pointless and frustrating. I'm just saying exactly how I felt. If you don't like it sorry.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hey, it's Night time guys. Let's let it marinate and be merry together!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I got cool Xmas presents.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 37

Post by falcon45ca »

How did you unintentionally vote for Sig?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:50 pm

Unintentionally left there cuz I didn't check the eod time.

I'm aware my vote is a main cause but literally nobody vocalised suspicion of him.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:50 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:50 pm

Unintentionally left there cuz I didn't check the eod time.

I'm aware my vote is a main cause but literally nobody vocalised suspicion of him.

Are you of the mind his wagon was pure?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:13 pm I got cool Xmas presents.
Nice
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Lame

How is this lame?

He had posted that he wouldn't be around much for the early part of the game.

It does not make sense that you thought your vote would stimulate participation
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

So anyway, about that post restriction. It was not a part of my role, and it was something that was given to me at the start of D1. It's not like it was something like "if you keep this up you get a cool power you can use", I had to keep it up or I would lose my vote. Given that, it's almost certainly a wolf power and I should be basically lock town for having been targeted by this. (As an aside, this was one of the things that weirded me out about RDB — they said nobody should read anything alignment indicative about my posting, when the very fact that I was targeted by said power should be alignment indicative.) Now it's time to determine who used this power, and it's probably someone who has experience with me being a vocal town leader and wanted to shut me up before that could happen (or maybe it's Abby who did it just to piss me off).

So this was either a one-use power of the wolves, something they can do again, or they can give townies other post restrictions. Regardless, it might be wise to come up with a cypher so that if someone gets targeted by this again they can communicate more effectively. I tried my best, but there were obvious limits.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Anyway, I do think the way robyn has approached my slot was towny. Wolves likely targeted me with the post restriction to shut me up, and robyn was the only one who seemingly tried to put effort into deciphering what I was saying and allowing me to participate. They weren't great at it, but props for trying!
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

leetic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:49 pm So anyway, about that post restriction. It was not a part of my role, and it was something that was given to me at the start of D1. It's not like it was something like "if you keep this up you get a cool power you can use", I had to keep it up or I would lose my vote. Given that, it's almost certainly a wolf power and I should be basically lock town for having been targeted by this. (As an aside, this was one of the things that weirded me out about RDB — they said nobody should read anything alignment indicative about my posting, when the very fact that I was targeted by said power should be alignment indicative.) Now it's time to determine who used this power, and it's probably someone who has experience with me being a vocal town leader and wanted to shut me up before that could happen (or maybe it's Abby who did it just to piss me off).

So this was either a one-use power of the wolves, something they can do again, or they can give townies other post restrictions. Regardless, it might be wise to come up with a cypher so that if someone gets targeted by this again they can communicate more effectively. I tried my best, but there were obvious limits.
For probably obvious reasons if you followed Ted Lasso, I would never clear someone for being bamboozified.
In this case, I think i town read you with the takes you were making. I think
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Scotty wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:40 am
leetic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:49 pm So anyway, about that post restriction. It was not a part of my role, and it was something that was given to me at the start of D1. It's not like it was something like "if you keep this up you get a cool power you can use", I had to keep it up or I would lose my vote. Given that, it's almost certainly a wolf power and I should be basically lock town for having been targeted by this. (As an aside, this was one of the things that weirded me out about RDB — they said nobody should read anything alignment indicative about my posting, when the very fact that I was targeted by said power should be alignment indicative.) Now it's time to determine who used this power, and it's probably someone who has experience with me being a vocal town leader and wanted to shut me up before that could happen (or maybe it's Abby who did it just to piss me off).

For probably obvious reasons if you followed Ted Lasso, I would never clear someone for being bamboozified.
Who would willingly put themselves through such crap though?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:03 am

Wolf perspective: I can spend the day barely participating and then come back later to complain about it and get sweet Town cred.

Far-fetched?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Did…did you read Ted Lasso at all?

I insanified myself for shits and as soon as I started doing it I immediately regretted it due to the painstaking editing I had to do in each post. And I didn’t just want to post a few times and dip. I had to be believable.

In any case, you were most definitely stuck singing as per the host post, so an ability was most definitely used on you.

And I jived with you on reads. So

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Scotty wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:21 am

Did…did you read Ted Lasso at all?

I insanified myself for shits and as soon as I started doing it I immediately regretted it due to the painstaking editing I had to do in each post. And I didn’t just want to post a few times and dip. I had to be believable.

In any case, you were most definitely stuck singing as per the host post, so an ability was most definitely used on you.

And I jived with you on reads. So
Believe me, I am not that kind of player. I got silenced by scum in one game and they used that as an opportunity to get me mislynched. I'm a vocal player and would never put myself through that shit willingly, it is beyond obnoxious and you'll only know it if you've been through it. Wolves obviously did it to shut me up. Perhaps they were worried about one of my reads?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Bored
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:56 am Bored
Is that really all you're gonna post here? I'd expect at least some energy from you. It doesn't help that you're someone who'd be more likely to slap me with a post restriction.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

leetic wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:59 am
Is that really all you're gonna post here? I'd expect at least some energy from you. It doesn't help that you're someone who'd be more likely to slap me with a post restriction.
Oh yeah that was me

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

I expected more anger

ImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

leetic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:51 pm Anyway, I do think the way robyn has approached my slot was towny. Wolves likely targeted me with the post restriction to shut me up, and robyn was the only one who seemingly tried to put effort into deciphering what I was saying and allowing me to participate. They weren't great at it, but props for trying!
Robyn trying to decipher what you're saying w/ your posts actually seems like they are aware of what you were going thru, and I don't find that towny

What are your reads?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:13 am

Wolf perspective: I can spend the day barely participating and then come back later to complain about it and get sweet Town cred.

Far-fetched?

It's def not as clearing as they think
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Merry Christmas baby!!

Enjoying time with Ariya, so magical through a 3 year olds eyes!
Night is extended.

Love to you all <3
;)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:15 pm

Lame

How is this lame?

He had posted that he wouldn't be around much for the early part of the game.

It does not make sense that you thought your vote would stimulate participation
vote me out then idc
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:51 pm Anyway, I do think the way robyn has approached my slot was towny. Wolves likely targeted me with the post restriction to shut me up, and robyn was the only one who seemingly tried to put effort into deciphering what I was saying and allowing me to participate. They weren't great at it, but props for trying!
nah ur mafia
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Let's start Day 2 in seven minutes.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:15 pm
nah ur mafia
I know you are but what am I?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

He's got you there, Mac.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

my sister in law just showed up and apparently has a bad case of ringworm so we’re working on a quarantine room. Her arrival literally feels like Cousin Eddie rolling up

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:15 pm my sister in law just showed up and apparently has a bad case of ringworm so we’re working on a quarantine room. Her arrival literally feels like Cousin Eddie rolling up
I used to think I got ringworm but when I went to the doctor, it was just nummular eczema.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:38 am
Oh yeah that was me
Who's getting it tonight? And what's the curse this time?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:18 am
Oh yeah that was me
Assuming she's not joking? That is a very scumsided ability. Is it compulsive or something, because otherwise there is no reason for town to do it. Then again, this is Abby we're talking about
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Actually, that's the kind of shit you policy, because you either have a wolf or a townie with an incredibly dissruptive ability. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a fan of policies ("vote to be right", I always say) but silencers and similar roles are disruptive enough to make an exception. Besides, Abby has not exactly given me any signals that she's town.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:21 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:13 am

Far-fetched?

It's def not as clearing as they think
Do you mind actually explaining your reasons for voting me? I'm not a fan of how you seem to be picking at things in a very detached way.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Anyway, I'll post a short cypher in case I get afflicted with this shit again:

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer: town
Frosty the snowman: null/I don't know
Mr. Grinch: wolf
One-horse open sleigh: vote this person
Rusty Chevrolet: avoid this wagon
Lovely weather for a sleigh ride: I agree
Let it snow: I disagree
Oh, Santa why?: Elaborate more
Haul out the holly: Contribute more
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

leetic can u post a readsllist
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

and signup to game of champions
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

robyn wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:05 am leetic can u post a readsllist
I will probably do so at some time tomorrow. A lot of my process involves interacting with other people, something I really couldn't do a whole lot of D1, and since it's Christmas I was very busy for the last couple of days.
robyn wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:05 am and signup to game of champions
I have no victories on this site this year. Or on any site, for that matter, towns in 2023 just suck.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:18 am
Oh yeah that was me
Is the same every night and nobody

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

leetic wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:43 am Actually, that's the kind of shit you policy, because you either have a wolf or a townie with an incredibly dissruptive ability. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a fan of policies ("vote to be right", I always say) but silencers and similar roles are disruptive enough to make an exception. Besides, Abby has not exactly given me any signals that she's town.
I only used it on you cause it was funny tbh

ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”