Bread Mafia [Game Over]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's getting baked today? (It takes 8 votes to hammer the bread)

Poll ended at Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:00 pm

Alison
33%
DaughterOfOmega
7%
DkKoba
No votes
Esooa
7%
Grogu
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Made
No votes
Michelle
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes
nutella
20%
staypositivefriend
No votes
tutuu
No votes
No Bake
No votes
Unvote
No votes
Croissant!!! (Host, Mods, Nonplayers, Deads)
33%

Total votes: 15
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Bread Mafia [Game Over]

Post by Hally »

of course ❤️
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 794
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Grogu I wouldn’t say you were “suspicious” necessarily. It was just harder to find strong reasons to say “Grogu is town”, so by process of elimination you ended up a suspect.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Grogu wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:36 am @Esooa I am sorry I was wrong about you. Would you like a story of forgiveness?
that's okay @Grogu , I was wrong on you too regardless
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Grogu
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 238

Post by Grogu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:44 pm @Grogu I wouldn’t say you were “suspicious” necessarily. It was just harder to find strong reasons to say “Grogu is town”, so by process of elimination you ended up a suspect.
I see. Ty hero
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

Esooa wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:36 pm
Grogu wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:36 am @Esooa I am sorry I was wrong about you. Would you like a story of forgiveness?
that's okay @Grogu , I was wrong on you too regardless
:phew: ❤️
Image Image Image
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 659
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Bread Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Michelle »

Grogu wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:32 am
Grogu wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:58 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:14 am
Grogu wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:11 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:17 am
Grogu wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:14 pm God I am under such a spell from jagged...
I forgot the word you cook kids use. I feel like I’m a pretty girl following this awesome, cool good looking guy into the woods to see his adopted puppies he saved from a fire cuz he’s a badass hero. I’m totally falling in love right before I’m being choked and my life is slowly leaving me. His last words were: everything is going to be alright my love, just close your eyes now. My name is Ted btw...

***(No characters were harmed in this short story, no players were insulted or called Ted bundy, this is a short fantasy crime story about love)
Grogu, just keep posting :nicenod:
Hello my petit AU chocolat
Do you wish a short story about you?
Follow your heart :)
Gather up children, I got to tell y’all a story. This goes a long long time ago, your grandpa was a lot younger and handsome. I was always a free soul back then, I liked the ladies a bit too much. I always wanted to settle and find true love, but just could never find the girl of my dreams.

Times were tough on dating since we were still living the COVID-19 Pandemic at the time. There was a vaccine, yet most people did not had access to it. We all had to wear mask and follow lots of rules. Well one night I could not sleep well, I had this dream of the beach and I was with an amazing girl, it was so realistic, yet when I woke up all I could recall was her lips and smile. I tried going back to sleep to finish the dream or get more details, I felt it was unfinished as if I could somehow get the contact info for this imaginary woman who made me feel so happy and complete. Nothing worked, I instead spent hours tumbling in bed until the sun came up.

On this cold morning in late January 2021 I was tired and hungry. I decided to get up and go have breakfast. I wanted to experience something new, I did not want to go to my usual spot Denny’s which was a national chain back then and that is when the idea hit me. I had been dreaming about the beach and there’s a beach walk nearby that had lots of cool and chic food places with outdoor seating just meters away from the beach.

I walked by a lot of them just to see which caught my eye. Most places were very busy, lots of people sitting and then there was this smaller place called Petit escargot de mer au Chocolat. (Later I found out it means small chocolate sea snail of the sea) It was a small bakery and there was not one soul there, I said well here I am.
It might be awful, but no wait. I sat down and the lady quickly came to great me and take my order. This middle age lady was so kind and had such kind blue eyes and a very sincere smile, she treated me with such kindness and appreciation that I was taken aback. I’ll start with a fresh squeeze OJ if you have any please.
Of course! She reply hastily. I’ll make it myself she shouted with a slight French accent which always makes me smile for some reason. I glanced at the menu to break eye contact and instantly saw it, I quickly added that I’ll take a ham and cheese croissant before she disappeared to make my juice. I was watching the waves come and go while I wondered if the water was way too cold in January. I removed my mask so I could breathe in the fresh air of the sea and that’s why I was interrupted by a young waitress; Hi, here’s your croissant. Would you like anything else?
I sat there for a few seconds and just said no thanks with a smile. Truth is that hearing Croissant with a French accent just makes me smile every time.
The girl had light brown eyes and had a resemblance to the older lady. Since they had to wear mask I could not see her whole face so wasn’t sure but they looked related I thought.
I had my breakfast and I signaled for the check.

The young waitress came out again, I glanced at her name in her name tags while she was asking why I wasn’t having dessert.
Well Michelle I said: I kinda want to lose some weight to be in beach shape. To which she replied: you look great! You must have our specialty, is a croissant shaped like a sea snail filled with chocolate. That’s the name of our place she said in a full French accent “Petit escargot de mer AU chocolat”
I just giggled, it was too cute and I quickly apologized. Sorry Michelle the French accent is so cool. I tell you what, if you help me eat it then I’ll order it that way I don’t fully cheat on my diet.
She smiled I believe under the mask by her expression and said deal!

She came right out with two small plates and a chocolate croissant in one of the plates. I asked her she had to sit down to which she looked inside and said : OMG my mom might freak out but ok quick.
She sat down as I cut it in half and she removed her mask.

I JUST FREAKING FROZE I could not move a muscle as I stared at her lips and her smile. It was the strongest deja vu I ever had in my 30 years. Michelle asked if I was ok?
I just blurted out: OMG you are the girl of my dreams Mich... and just stopped because I knew that sounded so creepy. I’m sorry I said. She was blushing and had turned tomato red.
We both started to eat and said nothing more until the end.
I tried making small talk by saying the obvious; soooo that’s your mom? God I felt so lame asking such question.
Yeah she replied. Then silence just became awkward for a minute.

As she was getting up I thought about the dream and had a sudden burst of courage. HEY Michelle would you like to go on a date with me? Somewhere where your mom is not watching us like she is now and I laughed. She looked inside and her mom was just dumbfounded looking at us trying to figure out what just happened.
I would love to she said as she walked away. Moments later she came with the check and added her cell phone number in the bill.
The croissant was on me she said with a wink.
I looked at the bill and it said:
310-474-2272
The girl of your dreams ;)

It was at that moment that I found love and I did not know it yet.
That weekend and every week after that we were the happiest couple and our love still strong till this day. I save you all the details kids but we loved the beach and frequent it a lot, we had our first kiss there while watching the romantic almost red sunset one evening. We felt at home and at last that was were we met, even had our wedding and it all started as a dream.
We had the best days and some late nights that blurred into early mornings led us down by the same beach. We found That falling in love during unprecedented times was a gift. It is the chance to bottle freedom of your soul, to open that gift when we needed most, years later.
We were survivors of a Pandemic, nothing could prevent our Love story.

Fin

Ps. Hope you enjoy Michelle and others.
Disclaimer**
This is a short original story from I dream I had them I added details I obtained this game and used michelle name just for role playing. I hope everyone understands this, all characters are fictional and created by King Grogu (tm) any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events, is purely coincidental.
Michelle I am glad you enjoyed it. I was happy to share.
@Michelle

Did players actually think I was scummy? Or was it my low posting? No one really told me why I was in almost everyone scum list.

@marmot thanks for the game. Loved the story telling about me and tutuu.
:bighug:

You were a little scummy but very genuine and at first i thought you were spewed villager by the thread, but after the claims i had to put you in the Poe.
You suspecting me so much didn't help and i was really off with SRs this game. Definitely one of the worst I played, because i let emotions control my mind.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

@nutella
can we
?

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 826
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

lol ofc <3
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:41 pmlol ofc <3
:biggrin:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 47
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Tutuu!!! The Queendom of the PatPatPat, I still owe you a response.

tutuu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:13 pm @Marmot my feedback on the setup!:

-already went over this, but the miller is a de facto innocent child if they are aware in a non-closed setup and they are allowed to claim. no point in putting a miller if you want an innocent child in the first place, and in addition it ruins the balance of your n0 cop. the n0 cop in this setup was able to receive a peek on a member of the mafia too, not just town, and you thought that the miller balances it out. cops shouldnt be able to get n0 RNG peeks on mafia, thats just disrespectful towards the peeked mafia member signing up for the game imo, please dont allow the possibility of that happening lol. the existence of a potential miller the way it existed here doesnt remedy that because they claim in their first post before the n0 peek is out and become an innocent child. the godfather doesnt remedy that because that's anti-green peeks, not anti-red peeks. if you make the miller unaware then i think it fixes the problem and you can keep the n0 cop who can rng on mafia
You're right about the N0 cops. The reason I didn't change this in game was because I wanted to continue playing under the assumption that there could be a N0 cop, and that their role wouldn't change. Given that knowledge, I would do it differently in the future as you explained.

I've honestly never played a game with an inno child or a miller. Treating those the way I did was an oversight.
tutuu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:13 pm -i was told that i was jailkept n2 and i believe thats not correct, or at least its pretty weird. you said that you don't alert everyone, but only alert people with visiting roles or factional kill carriers when they get blocked (you said that you were supposed to say roleblocked not jailblocked which didnt end up mattering, but thats not my point) - my point is that's not how any mafia communities resolve this. what everyone does is, is they alert people who normally receive feedback (role pm of night result - cops, investigative roles) - of when they get roleblocked/they receive no result. because they need to know. i just attempted to make a kill, normally i dont receive a feedback night result pm as a result of me succeding in my kill (you didnt send us feedback that we were successful on killing macdougall), ergo, i shouldnt have received a night result pm telling me i was blocked when i failed to kill spf on n2. i could already see that i was unsuccessful, and its good to leave it ambigious to allow people to express skill, let me wonder if i got jked or if my target got jked. that's why people choose to leave it ambiguous. its an unfair/unintented? disadvantage to the town that i was told that i was blocked, it didnt end up mattering in this specific game since spf claimed pretty quickly, but on policy this is a mistake im pretty sure, or at the very least an inconsistency. it would be more consistent if the jailkeeper alerted everyone whom he jk'd including vanilla towns (aka being loud), or if he alerts noone at all barring investigative roles (like everyone handles it), or if you insist on keeping it like that (loud when taking effect even when u dont normally receive feedback) then i think that u should clarify pre-emptively in the OP since nobody ive seen does this the way you do it, and i dont think alot of people would think to ask if this is how you're choosing to make it work
I do agree with you. I considered not telling you, but decided to tell you for the reason that I thought the game was a little town-sided, so giving you the extra information would be a slight lean back towards even. Otherwise, you'd be left wondering if your target was protected or you were blocked. It was a conscious decision.

tutuu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:13 pm -u shouldnt forbid the mafia factional kill carrier from consecutively targetting the same person, or at the very least take into account that forbidding that is very town-sided and completely against the intent of the rule. the point of forbidding double targetting is for roles like doctors or roleblockers or jailkeepers because they can lock people out of the game and break it by making people immortal. so by preventing the double targetting, you are giving the mafia team guaranteed window to end the immortality, for the sake of balancing the scale towards the mafia, that's the intent. if you forbid the mafia factional kill carrier from double targetting after they fail a kill it nullifies the whole purpose of "no double targetting" rule in the first place, because the protective/disruptive role can now choose a target and permanently lock them out of the game (the way spf basically locked me out of the game on n2 and then n3 (by u not letting me attack her) then n4 if i hadnt conceded, going infinitely) and become immune to me, even more easily now compared to if everyone could double target. like the whole point of no double targetting is to nerf people from highrolling. if you wanna keep it the way u did this game then i think that u should pre-clarify in the OP since nobody ive seen understands "no double targetting" the way you understand it. id be shocked if other syndicate hosts also think that this is the intended way behind the invention of the "no double targetting" rule and this is how they've been implementing it in their games and this is why you did it like this. do they?

this is just my constructive feedback i've written with the goal of hopefully pushing the site meta to what i believe to be a bit more competitive level, not just aimed at you but to everyone else who is interested in hosting as well, i hope that u dont view me as harsh and rude, not the intent, i just wrote everything in a neutral and flat tone since i was focusing on speaking clearly and logically. i love you! <3
Yes, in hindsight this was a bad choice on my part, as I'd mentioned elsewhere, in one of our discord chats. This is something I will change in the future. While I have been mafia-aligned several games recently, I don't think double-targeting with a kill ever came into question, because usually the targets just die. :goofp:

As for clarification, I felt I put as much information as I thought I needed, and any question could be clarified upon asking. I made myself as available as possible to answer questions. But I can see where you're coming from. We interpreted differently. No one's at fault, but I do feel bad that it took until the last possible moment, and an unfortunate moment at that, for us to realize it was interpreted differently.

I do appreciate the feedback. I'm sure I still have some weird cultural norms baked in from my history of playing here on TS and not elsewhere. Having taken a couple years off and returning to a much more diverse community is both exhilarating, but requires some catching up.

That said, I'm 100% on board with your "Default Rules" idea, and I think we should really iron that out.

Love you too! Thanks for playing!!! :hug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Thank you everyone for playing, this game was a pleasure to host. Nobody AFK'd. Nobody asked to be subbed out. Everyone sent their night actions in and voted on time. These are all things that hosts dream of not having to worry about, but rarely does it pan out like that.

Thanks @juliets and @Hally for MoDing, and stepping in at times when the game needed it, and also for being very attentive at the game state. Particularly juliets for locking the thread and screenshotting polls when hammers were reached.

Thanks all of you new players who I've never played with before, we of course hope you want to play on the Syndicate again.

Congrats civilians on winning, and thanks mafia team for putting up with my quirky rule norms.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Hally »

:hug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

@Long Con baked a fresh banner for anyone who wants to add it to your signature.

Enjoy!

@DaughterOfOmega
@EllieDelight
@Esooa
@Grogu
@JaggedJimmyJay
@Long Con
@MacDougall
@Made
@Michelle
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@nutella
@staypositivefriend

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wow that would be my first banner ^^

Thanks LC and Marmot!!!

Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

Michelle wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:18 am Wow that would be my first banner ^^

Thanks LC and Marmot!!!
How do I add it? Looking good michelle
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 794
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Looks like you figured it out. :nicenod:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”