Post by Tangrowth »

VOTE SLOONEI
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 196
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: The Search for Quin [Day 4]

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:19 pm Sloonei sounds like he's TMIing right now and his equivocation of Dom, NT, and Serge reads suspiciously to me. I also don't like how he threw in himself when saying Daisy, me, or he could be fooling us all; it read like a subconscious admission of guilt.

I could be tinfoiling, but I really am starting to think Sloonei's the last scum.
Nope
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:25 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:19 pm Sloonei sounds like he's TMIing right now and his equivocation of Dom, NT, and Serge reads suspiciously to me. I also don't like how he threw in himself when saying Daisy, me, or he could be fooling us all; it read like a subconscious admission of guilt.

I could be tinfoiling, but I really am starting to think Sloonei's the last scum.
Nope
Convince me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I would assert that your behavior at multiple points in the game, Sloonei, is indicative that you know who is town more than you should due to TMI.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But I am genuinely confused at the total lack of pressure I've faced all game. I haven't played particularly well but no one besides Epi and Serge have said a word about me, really.
The equivocation about you and Daisy vs the three quiet players has been explained. I have reasons to town read the two of you, as well as birdwithteeth. I'm still a little on the fence about nutella, but I feel like this is a game that features a quiet scum player.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:27 pm I would assert that your behavior at multiple points in the game, Sloonei, is indicative that you know who is town more than you should due to TMI.
Maybe I'm just good.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:29 pm But I am genuinely confused at the total lack of pressure I've faced all game. I haven't played particularly well but no one besides Epi and Serge have said a word about me, really.
The equivocation about you and Daisy vs the three quiet players has been explained. I have reasons to town read the two of you, as well as birdwithteeth. I'm still a little on the fence about nutella, but I feel like this is a game that features a quiet scum player.
Why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:30 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:27 pm I would assert that your behavior at multiple points in the game, Sloonei, is indicative that you know who is town more than you should due to TMI.
Maybe I'm just good.
Maybe? That's not very convincing.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Nope
Convince me.
Give me something to refute.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:30 pm
Maybe I'm just good.
Maybe? That's not very convincing.
I'm the best mafia player on the planet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Nope
Convince me.
I did. You didn't really refute any of it. You are equivocating Dom, NT, and Serge, and it's troubling. You also aren't pressuring anyone; you are just sort of hopping around and you also are setting up future mislynches in Dom, NT, and Serge; they're all easy setups if you are the last scum. You're throwing them all in a bucket as if there's nothing to judge and just picking them off. You aren't genuinely trying to figure out who the last scum is.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:29 pm But I am genuinely confused at the total lack of pressure I've faced all game. I haven't played particularly well but no one besides Epi and Serge have said a word about me, really.
Why?
The tone and pace of the thread. The two scun players we lynched seemed like they were walking on eggshells a lot, which I take to be indicative of them being extra cautious, possibly because they have a teammate on whom they're not sure they can depend. And all of us chatty folks seem like we've done our fair share of digging and are relatively at ease with each other (see the lack of pressure against me up til now), which again suggests to me that we're mostly all on the same page, or close to it. That and I was struggling not to read everyone as town early on in the game, leading me to believe that one of the people i had no read on at all might be bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: The Search for Quin [Night 3]

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:02 pm speedchuck
MovingPictures07
Nutella

NewTraditionalist
birdwithteeth11
Dom
Spacedaisy
Sloonei
Serge

If you wanted color
This is why you killed speedchuck, isn't it, Sloonei?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Nope
Convince me.
I did. You didn't really refute any of it. You are equivocating Dom, NT, and Serge, and it's troubling. You also aren't pressuring anyone; you are just sort of hopping around and you also are setting up future mislynches in Dom, NT, and Serge; they're all easy setups if you are the last scum. You're throwing them all in a bucket as if there's nothing to judge and just picking them off. You aren't genuinely trying to figure out who the last scum is.
I am trying to pressure Dom and Serge. They're not responding. You just agreed with me that Serge's latest post feels genuine. Why, then, should I not switch my vote to Dom?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You had me pocketed completely and Serge set up to take the mislynch today, then you could kill me or Daisy tonight. With the consensus of the thread unsure about NT and Dom, you could use both of them as easy mislynches after the fact, and boom, you've won this game easily.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:00 pm speedchuck
MovingPictures07
Nutella
NewTraditionalist
birdwithteeth11
Dom
Spacedaisy
Sloonei
Serge

GTH readlist for you spacedaisy. I actually feel better about you and Sloonei than this readlist showed, but I'm more paranoid about you guys. I'm going to try to substantiate these reads before Day 4 end. Assuming scum does the smart thing and kills MP tonight instead of me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:37 pm You had me pocketed completely and Serge set up to take the mislynch today, then you could kill me or Daisy tonight. With the consensus of the thread unsure about NT and Dom, you could use both of them as easy mislynches after the fact, and boom, you've won this game easily.
Maybe that's why you were left alive.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't sense any fire from any of your responses.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:39 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:37 pm You had me pocketed completely and Serge set up to take the mislynch today, then you could kill me or Daisy tonight. With the consensus of the thread unsure about NT and Dom, you could use both of them as easy mislynches after the fact, and boom, you've won this game easily.
Tell me who the scum is then in that scenario. BWT, Dom, and NT are all not invested enough in this game to think through something like that, and I firmly don't believe Daisy or nutella would make that play either. You were the sole player to benefit from speedchuck dying over me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:39 pm I don't sense any fire from any of your responses.
I'm not worried. I believe my posts speak for themselves. I'm town, and I think we're in good shape even if enough people are misled by your tinfoil today. I also appreciate that someone is finally being skeptical of me. This place was getting boring.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Look, I'm just trying to figure all this out. We're in dangerous territory right now if we mislynch today.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:42 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:39 pm I don't sense any fire from any of your responses.
I'm not worried. I believe my posts speak for themselves. I'm town, and I think we're in good shape even if enough people are misled by your tinfoil today. I also appreciate that someone is finally being skeptical of me. This place was getting boring.
You would be worried if you were town. This game is complacent and even one mislynch today could easily end this game for us.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:39 pm
Tell me who the scum is then in that scenario. BWT, Dom, and NT are all not invested enough in this game to think through something like that, and I firmly don't believe Daisy or nutella would make that play either. You were the sole player to benefit from speedchuck dying over me.
I could see Dom doing it. I don't know Serge well enough to pretend to enter his head. Or I could see any of them killing speedchuck due to lack of investment or any other number of reasons. This is all just speculation, I can't give you a clear answer.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If you're concerned about the lack of pressure, why aren't you applying it to me and Daisy, or even nutella or BWT?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I really wish Serge hadn't self-voted, that's a total waste if he's town, especially since BWT, Dom, and NT could all miss the vote.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:42 pm Look, I'm just trying to figure all this out. We're in dangerous territory right now if we mislynch today.
I know, and I believe every word of skepticism you are hurling at me. And, like I said, I appreciate it. I am town. I currently believe Dom is scum.

How many scum do you think are left?

Also the one player I still need to look at closely is nutella. I will do that after I get some dinner in me. I'd appreciate any thoughts you (or anyone else) might have on her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:43 pm
You would be worried if you were town. This game is complacent and even one mislynch today could easily end this game for us.
I never get lynched when I'm town. I'm only worried if I believe there's valid reasons for me to be lynched, and I don't believe any of those exist in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:46 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:42 pm Look, I'm just trying to figure all this out. We're in dangerous territory right now if we mislynch today.
I know, and I believe every word of skepticism you are hurling at me. And, like I said, I appreciate it. I am town. I currently believe Dom is scum.

How many scum do you think are left?

Also the one player I still need to look at closely is nutella. I will do that after I get some dinner in me. I'd appreciate any thoughts you (or anyone else) might have on her.
Probably 1. If it's 2 I think this game is balanced a little too difficultly against us. Although I don't know all the power roles, based on the ones we have seen so far I firmly believe there's only 1 left. I'm not even going to worry about 3P unless we have reason to do so.

I'll take a look at her in more detail. Right now I think she's on the level for reasons I've previously stated, but my read could use an update.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:45 pm If you're concerned about the lack of pressure, why aren't you applying it to me and Daisy, or even nutella or BWT?
I'm concerned about the lack of pressure on me. I've looked into you, daisy, and bwt and came up with what I feel are solid reasons to town read all of you.
I'd like to take a closer look at nutella in a few minutes. I have had a busy week and just didn't find time to do it earlier.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:47 pm
I never get lynched when I'm town. I'm only worried if I believe there's valid reasons for me to be lynched, and I don't believe any of those exist in this game.
That's not a town perspective.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:49 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:45 pm If you're concerned about the lack of pressure, why aren't you applying it to me and Daisy, or even nutella or BWT?
I'm concerned about the lack of pressure on me. I've looked into you, daisy, and bwt and came up with what I feel are solid reasons to town read all of you.
I'd like to take a closer look at nutella in a few minutes. I have had a busy week and just didn't find time to do it earlier.
I've been busy too; I should be working right now but I refuse to let this game slip away.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I apologize if I'm wrong, Sloonei, you just have to understand that I'm rightfully skeptical.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What are your thoughts on Dom, MP? I know he's someone you often struggle to read, but any thoughts or inclinations you have about him would also be extremely useful. I feel like he's just been poking his head in occasionally to make sure the town is bloodthirsty and nothing else, but with so few posts it's difficult to get the full scope of his perspective.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It could easily be Dom, but I'm not ready to just fall into lynching one player after another out of some kind of obligation. We need to figure this out.

Linki: Let me dig into his ISO and give you whatever detailed thoughts I can muster. I'll look at him and then nutella.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:49 pm
Why not? I'm a calm person, I'm calm right now. I think you're town and this is the most activity the thread has seen in days. Hopefully we can make something good come of it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:26 am I read through DDL's posts. I recommend doing the same. I'm gonna throw down a chart here.
Xs are suspicions
Vs are votes.
Os are defenses/townreads
Qs are questions
S is a shrug
The number with them tells what phase they were on. 0 is night 0. 1 is D1. 2 is N1. And so on. A little confusing, but necessary. CHART TIME!

MovingPictures07 - X1-X1-X1-X1-V1-X2
nutella - X1-X1-X1-V2-X2
Spacedaisy - X1
Sloonei - O1-O1-O1-X1
speedchuck -
NewTraditionalist -
Serge -
birdwithteeth11 -
Dom -

LC - X0-X0-X1-X1
Dr Wilgy - O1-
sanmateo - S2
Epi - S1-O2

A lot of these townreads, or heck, even scumreads, are weak and DDL backs off as he says them. I considered using lowercase to indicate weakness, but the chart is already hard enough to read.

NT was mentioned in relation to MP's vote for NT. DDL didn't like it. Granted, I wasn't a huge fan either.
Those with no mentions were technically a part of DDL's posts when he said stuff like "Everyone else is null" but I didn't include that.

I would appreciate everyone looking at DDL's sloon mentions, and sloon's treatement of DDL, and see if it looks more like DDL buddying and sloonei hunting or DDL defending and then distancing.
Also, I think this deserves another look. If Sloonei is scum, then it means DDL defended the fuck out of him nearly (with one exception) until the end. If it's Serge, Dom, NT, or BWT, he said nothing about him. If it's nutella, he bussed her HARD.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:53 pm It could easily be Dom, but I'm not ready to just fall into lynching one player after another out of some kind of obligation. We need to figure this out.

Linki: Let me dig into his ISO and give you whatever detailed thoughts I can muster. I'll look at him and then nutella.
I agree with this sentiment, but when everyone's taken a vow of silence it's difficult to play any other way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:54 pm
Why not? I'm a calm person, I'm calm right now. I think you're town and this is the most activity the thread has seen in days. Hopefully we can make something good come of it.
I know you are, but I just feel like if you were truly invested in this game as a member of the town, you would show at least some fire in response to any of this. Instead I've gotten the fly swatting scum Sloonei I witnessed in Street Fighter.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Everything just makes the most sense if Sloonei is mafia. The speedchuck kill, the way DDL defended him, etc.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom's post history is pretty much just a condemnation of DDL and that's about it. Not inspiring, but not exactly damning either.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Spacedaisy »

Frankly I am at a point where I need to decide if I think it's Dom or Sloonei, because that is who I am down to.

On the one hand Dom seems to be phoning it in and his question about who didn't want to lynch DDL seemed off to me.

On the other hand Sloonei cleared me based on DDL being bad before DDL flipped.

I am kind of torn honestly.

I'm going to put my vote on Sloonei at the moment because he was my next suspect after serge already...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm desperately trying to pick apart anything in Dom's ISO but there's just not much to say. His condemnation posts against DDL were after DDL started receiving some heat. He seems genuinely uninvested though either way.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:01 pm Frankly I am at a point where I need to decide if I think it's Dom or Sloonei, because that is who I am down to.

On the one hand Dom seems to be phoning it in and his question about who didn't want to lynch DDL seemed off to me.

On the other hand Sloonei cleared me based on DDL being bad before DDL flipped.

I am kind of torn honestly.

I'm going to put my vote on Sloonei at the moment because he was my next suspect after serge already...
I was down to Sloonei, Dom, and Serge, but not Serge anymore unless he faked those posts really well and essentially ended the game for himself. I don't really believe that's the case. So I suppose we're in the same spot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Honestly I wasn't even considering Sloonei but I've been reconsidering him and I really still feel I'm onto something with it.

Digging into nutella and NT's ISOs next.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

There's just no conceivable way nutella is mafia after her posts on N1. She is genuinely pissed off about the lynch not being speedchuck instead of LC and the deadline.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm having a serious flare up of hives at the moment. I am going to go try and put some calamine lotion on and take a nap. I will be back before the deadline though to see if anything has changed my mind, so if you are town Sloon, I need you to convince me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also don't get the impression that nutella's thoughts on DDL were bussing. She genuinely thought he was bad and started pursuing him long before anyone else.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:54 pm
I know you are, but I just feel like if you were truly invested in this game as a member of the town, you would show at least some fire in response to any of this. Instead I've gotten the fly swatting scum Sloonei I witnessed in Street Fighter.
I believe your town already, so I have no reason to try to turn this interrogation around on you. So I am just swatting flies. You suspect me. You should not suspect me. Shoo.
Let's talk about Dom and nutella instead. As all there is to the case against me, it seems, is speculation about what I would do as mafia and not anything substantial that I've said or done in the thread (at least so far. If you can pull anything up, go ahead, but your time would be better spent elsewhere), I think we'd be better suited exploring our other options. If, after that, you still feel that I make the most sense then I guess you can vote for me but that will just mean another day in which the town's two most vocal members are dead, after the nightkill.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

See, Sloonei, you seem content in turning the conversation on anyone else; now you're including nutella. I don't get the sense that you're trying to figure out who's town.

Earlier you were equivocating Dom, NT, and Serge, yet earlier in the game you had reason to read him town just like I did. Yet today you've conveniently left that out of your rhetoric. I think it's because you're bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You're also doing exactly what I always do as bad -- you're asserting over and over again there's no real reason to suspect you this game. That's hogwash.

Return to “Previous Heists”