Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 678
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Alison »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:09 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:23 am How does everyone feel about our Day 0 game state? What are your general vibes, Mafia players of Fargo Mafia?
I'm fairly pessimistic about the way the game has started actually. It was chugging along fine until people started to force content. Now it's just a mess. The Esooa/SPF and Esooa/Jay interactions were awful to slog through and I've only gotten one nugget of information out of it. tutuu's sticking to her usual NAI routine so I can't read her, and my usual daycop checks haven't really shown themselves in the thread.
i do not share this sentiment
What have you gotten from D0? Where are you at in the game right now?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 220

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:07 pm
fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:03 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:56 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:55 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:32 pm Hello folks. I voted for 8pm!
This post, we can all clearly see that he voted for 8pm. Why feel the need to tell us this at all?
Sweet case.
This made me laugh.

But on this thought, once upon a time it used to be a rule that you had to post in the thread what your vote was. Or maybe it was just considered good form. Is this not the case anymore?
I figured it had probably been discussed, and mattered to people, so I vocalized my opinion.
I don’t understand your response to me. I don’t have a problem with you vocalising your opinion. I’m just genuinely curious if people don’t post their votes in the thread (like you did) anymore because Oddmerta seemed to find your vote post strange.
Gro-oo-ovy
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 330

Post by Oddmerta »

This post, we can all clearly see that he voted for 8pm. Why feel the need to tell us this at all?
That's for when vote a player not a timezone

Sweet case.
This made me laugh.

But on this thought, once upon a time it used to be a rule that you had to post in the thread what your vote was. Or maybe it was just considered good form. Is this not the case anymore?
AL_sama
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by AL_sama »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:55 pm Hey @AL_sama what is your experience with oddmerta? Should we all sheep his suspicion of me, Sloonei, the player asking you this question?
4 years more or lees but should you sheeo ne??
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:23 am How does everyone feel about our Day 0 game state? What are your general vibes, Mafia players of Fargo Mafia?
I'm fairly pessimistic about the way the game has started actually. It was chugging along fine until people started to force content. Now it's just a mess. The Esooa/SPF and Esooa/Jay interactions were awful to slog through and I've only gotten one nugget of information out of it. tutuu's sticking to her usual NAI routine so I can't read her, and my usual daycop checks haven't really shown themselves in the thread.
i do not share this sentiment
What have you gotten from D0? Where are you at in the game right now?
I feel comfortable with the baseline that has been established in these opening few hours. I feel like I have a good grasp on the pulse of the game as it currently stands with a few relatively strong town reads for this early stage. I prefer not to say more for now. Things will come out as we progress.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

That's for when you vote a player not a timezone
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

AL_sama wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:55 pm Hey @AL_sama what is your experience with oddmerta? Should we all sheep his suspicion of me, Sloonei, the player asking you this question?
huh?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:50 pm Maybe Oddmerta got exactly what he wanted by opposing civilian Sloonei. :goofp:
I'm dropping the shield on Oddmerta. He's probably my strongest townread right now.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 557
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:12 pm
Sweet case.
This made me laugh.

I figured it had probably been discussed, and mattered to people, so I vocalized my opinion.
I don’t understand your response to me. I don’t have a problem with you vocalising your opinion. I’m just genuinely curious if people don’t post their votes in the thread (like you did) anymore because Oddmerta seemed to find your vote post strange.
What's not to understand? I read your hypothesis for why someone would choose to post their vote, and thought about my reason, and responded. I didn't do it for good form, I did it because I thought it probably mattered to some players to know. Kind of similar, really, I think that's WHY it's good form generally: to make sure people know.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I also town-read oddmerta, but I think he's being rather silly.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:07 pm I'm highkey salty when people seem to trust Sloonei's read on me more than they trust my read on him. :meany:
I'm townreading Sloonei primarily because you townread him and I think you're town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:21 pm I also town-read oddmerta, but I think he's being rather silly.
He is but in a townie way.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570

Post by staypositivefriend »

Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:11 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:08 pm
what townreads do you have so far?
Falcon, Odd, Sloonei, Strawhenge, Jay, Mac are the townreads I feel okay about.

Esooa, SPF, fingersplints are lesser townreads.

JPIC is my strongest scumread atm but that's not saying much.
i am surprised that you feel pessimistic about the game with that many townreads - that seems like a solid foundation to me
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:19 pm u have big posts that well are just sloonei big posts. u make them as town. u make them as scum in goc. i dont feel the need to put a lot of effort to try to solve u rn. its more energy efficient to solve the easier-to-solve slots first!
Easier to solve slots, like Alison, Esooa and Nanook?

I don't get this.
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:11 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:08 pm
what townreads do you have so far?
Falcon, Odd, Sloonei, Strawhenge, Jay, Mac are the townreads I feel okay about.

Esooa, SPF, fingersplints are lesser townreads.

JPIC is my strongest scumread atm but that's not saying much.
i am surprised that you feel pessimistic about the game with that many townreads - that seems like a solid foundation to me
Five firm townreads, three townleans and a scumread out of 22 total players. I have more question marks than firm ideas. Usually I aim to have non-null reads on >3/4 of the players in the game by D0, and a solid POE. I don't have those things and don't feel close to obtaining those things.
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:22 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:16 pm i think that jagged and sloonei are both villagers
to expand on this, i dont feel that jagged/sloonei would take the particular approach they've been taking to reading each other if they rolled wolf together - there would probably be more hesitation, more theatrical interactions focused on "finding" each other, etc

but jagged and sloonei have started off the game by confidently townreading and shielding each other, and i feel comfortable about the fact that this particular dynamic is fairly unlikely to occur in the early-game if one of them is a wolf (in addition to the fact that i find jagged/sloonei villagery on an individual level)
This read is good and I am awarding you town points for it.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 220

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:18 pm
fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:12 pm
Sweet case.
This made me laugh.

What's not to understand? I read your hypothesis for why someone would choose to post their vote, and thought about my reason, and responded. I didn't do it for good form, I did it because I thought it probably mattered to some players to know. Kind of similar, really, I think that's WHY it's good form generally: to make sure people know.

What there is to not understand is that I didn’t have a “hypothesis”. I just asked if people didn’t post their vote when they voted anymore. I never said you did it for good form. I said that in the past there was either a rule or it was considered good form. I was just establishing what is considered the norm now.

I’m feeling mostly good about Oddmerta’s content so far. Despite the current confusion of my question, I’m not sure I agree with LC being suspicious just posting his vote as that is Normal behaviour to me, but I don’t have a read on LC yet either way.
Gro-oo-ovy
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:33 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:32 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:30 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:22 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:16 pm i think that jagged and sloonei are both villagers
to expand on this, i dont feel that jagged/sloonei would take the particular approach they've been taking to reading each other if they rolled wolf together - there would probably be more hesitation, more theatrical interactions focused on "finding" each other, etc

but jagged and sloonei have started off the game by confidently townreading and shielding each other, and i feel comfortable about the fact that this particular dynamic is fairly unlikely to occur in the early-game if one of them is a wolf (in addition to the fact that i find jagged/sloonei villagery on an individual level)
Isn't that what they did in grasslands
to my memory, jagged had a lot of concern about sloonei in the earlygame, and struggled to confidently townread him even when he was townleaning him
Eh I guess I follow your process

I disagree but I follow it
FWIW I agree with this assessment. JJJ called Sloonei when we forced him to make a GTH read, but it was clear to me that he had a lot of doubt and kept saying "I can't give a firm read on Sloonei right now".
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:40 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:40 pm tedextr is a wolf
I have him as a standard slank candidate. Any other reasons?
Do you think ted slanks more as wolf, or as town? Or do you think it's NAI?
AL_sama

Post by AL_sama »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:03 pm
AL_sama wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:20 pm @tutuu is it just me seeing things or you're indeed kinda acting pumped up??
2 question marks? What's the extra punctuation? Seems forced. The whole phrasing of this post is passive... "indeed kinda"
??
Alison

Post by Alison »

My new strongest scumread is AL_sama.

Discuss.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:34 pm My new strongest scumread is AL_sama.

Discuss.
I indeed kinda agree.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:34 pm My new strongest scumread is AL_sama.

Discuss.
They have done nothing that would earn a town read from me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I changed my mind. AL_sama always uses two question marks.
AL_sama

Post by AL_sama »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:14 pm
huh?
you asked me that should people sheep odd right??

so I m asking why should people trust what I say about odd??
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 373
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

anyway, guess i should make some reads

read # 1 - jpic town on toan alone

this one's gonna get people riled up, i can tell
ImageImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 468
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:46 pm on toan alone
What's toan?
Literally just some fucking guy.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

AL_sama wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:14 pm as far as I know odd never states what he truly is thinking so I take everything he says with a grain of salt
i don't think this is the case, interesting
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

AL_sama wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:14 pm
huh?
you asked me that should people sheep odd right??

so I m asking why should people trust what I say about odd??
Ignore that question. It was just me being goofy. Odd said that I was avoiding him, so I decided to be over the top in calling attention to him and his read on me so that he'd drop that silly line of thought.

You apparently know Odd better than most of us. What can you tell us about him? How do you read him in this game so far?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Strawhenge wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:47 pm
What's toan?
tone
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:32 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:40 pm
I have him as a standard slank candidate. Any other reasons?
Do you think ted slanks more as wolf, or as town? Or do you think it's NAI?
i think i know the answer to this
ImageImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:51 pm
Strawhenge wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:47 pm
What's toan?
tone
Haha, okay, sorry, there's so much lingo flying around here that I don't know / am rusty on, so I thought that was an acronym for something. :doh:
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:41 pm
Is ted even in this game
i thought my avatar would have more of an impact, guess i was wrong
ImageImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:46 pm anyway, guess i should make some reads

Okay, so how does JPIC's tone give you town vibes?

Also, not really digging your phrasing, 'guess I should make some reads,' as if you're feeling obligated to look town.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:56 pm
Is ted even in this game
It's driving me mad, I scroll it away as soon as I can.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Strawhenge wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:58 pm

Okay, so how does JPIC's tone give you town vibes?

Also, not really digging your phrasing, 'guess I should make some reads,' as if you're feeling obligated to look town.
you're right, but i don't see how that's wolfy. ime if you don't make reads / contribute to the game in any way you're gonna get voted - it's the syndicate special, vote for the slankers (but only when they're town)

and it'd be a bit tough for me to really pinpoint it - tutuu had a post on it that i felt was an ok explanation even though that's not the entire thing. it mostly just seems like he has an idea about the game / is reading it + he has his own thought processes in the back of his mind. i can see the gears spinning when he asks questions, drawing lines, connecting dots etc etc

it feels like he's extremely comfortable too - which is a tough job to pull off in a playerlist like this, you can take a look at his last game for reference where i think the difference is pretty stark.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:06 pm
Is ted even in this game
cmon kakashi
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:08 pm
Is ted even in this game
cmon kakashi
It's that couple of frames of another camera shot. I hate it.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:11 pm
Is ted even in this game
cmon kakashi
i know another person that hated the transition. i thought of cutting the first few seconds of the second camera shot

something like this

ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

spf i thought we were supposed to be besties

and you talk about me behind my back? not cool.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:13 pm
Is ted even in this game
cmon kakashi
i know another person that hated the transition. i thought of cutting the first few seconds of the second camera shot

something like this

Just cut the second shot entirely if you can edit.
AL_sama

Post by AL_sama »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:50 pm You apparently know Odd better than most of us. What can you tell us about him? How do you read him in this game so far?
he feels townish but take this with a grain of salt since its hard to use meta on him

the vibes I m getting from his posts so far are that he is trying to gather reads by saying blunt things
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:24 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:19 pm u have big posts that well are just sloonei big posts. u make them as town. u make them as scum in goc. i dont feel the need to put a lot of effort to try to solve u rn. its more energy efficient to solve the easier-to-solve slots first!
Easier to solve slots, like Alison, Esooa and Nanook?

I don't get this.
i find those slots easier to read generally and also in this instance
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:16 pm
tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:13 pm

Is ted even in this game
cmon kakashi

something like this

Just cut the second shot entirely if you can edit.
[/quote]

that'd produce the lamest gif in history though
ImageImageImageImage
AL_sama

Post by AL_sama »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:50 pm
AL_sama wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:14 pm as far as I know odd never states what he truly is thinking so I take everything he says with a grain of salt
why so ted??
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

AL_sama wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:17 pm he feels townish but take this with a grain of salt since its hard to use meta on him
why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1034
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

where did my post go?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by tutuu »

its a right read

the last time u said "this will get ppl riled up" was in goc and u were mafia
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

AL_sama wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:19 pm
tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:50 pm
why so ted??
because in his last game here he tunneled on a player until he got voted (and by he - i mean that player) since his first few posts
ImageImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1034
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

apparently eating nothing by mini eggs will give you a headache

Return to “Previous Jobs”