Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [Day 1]: Film Directors.

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:
timmer wrote: And I don't quite trust Long Con. Part of it is linked to his defence of MP and suspicion of Dom, though, so that will wait until i know the alignment of one of the players. But LC gets the :eye: for now.
Let's say that MP is civvie.
Why would that reflect poorly on me?
I mean, I genuinely think he is bad. Why would that make me bad?
:ponder:

I'm confused here Dom, let me reread these interactions circa you, LC, and timmer real quick.

Linki: @SD Oh dear, I can't wait to see how the others react. :haha: But fair enough.
what?
Your comment made me think there was some insinuations from LC (that timmer mentioned) that meant that if MP is good that you are bad. That was not the case.

But still, I just had a look back at LC. He made a few jumps in his logic for his final vote of AP. I don't understand the logic there.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm still looking at you, MP. Your more recent posts suggest maximum frustration, which is a trait I have encountered in both the civvie and baddie flavors of MP, so that doesn't help... but something really feels off about you here, and I wish I could place my finger on what exactly it is.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm still looking at you, MP. Your more recent posts suggest maximum frustration, which is a trait I have encountered in both the civvie and baddie flavors of MP, so that doesn't help... but something really feels off about you here, and I wish I could place my finger on what exactly it is.
:(

Well, I'm sorry for getting frustrated, but if you think of anything I can address just let me know.

I have a meeting soon, so I'll have to vote probably within the next 15 minutes or so.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:Oh yeah -

Made - this feels like his first baddie game we were teammates and he was posting different and oddly. I feel the same about him now. I am not following the suspicion he is giving. Maybe I have just misunderstood him but right now I do not get good vibes from him
I think Made was just high or something. I'm willing to wait for an explanation before voting him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Roxy wrote:Oh yeah -

Made - this feels like his first baddie game we were teammates and he was posting different and oddly. I feel the same about him now. I am not following the suspicion he is giving. Maybe I have just misunderstood him but right now I do not get good vibes from him
I think Made was just high or something. I'm willing to wait for an explanation before voting him.
:haha:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Don't feel bad, MP. No one can read me either.
That does make me feel better. :p

How do you feel about AP?
I feel nothing about him. This is how he always plays. No cases. No responses. Random and self-votes. Unreadable. I never quite know how to handle those players.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Thanks for the response TH and I hope so too :p

linky linky LOL @ Metalmarsh
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Don't feel bad, MP. No one can read me either.
That does make me feel better. :p

How do you feel about AP?
I feel nothing about him. This is how he always plays. No cases. No responses. Random and self-votes. Unreadable. I never quite know how to handle those players.
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how I'm feeling.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Someone mentioned a ping of FZ. earlier, didn't they? I'm sorry I don't quite remember who it was. How do people feel about FZ. this game?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Roxy wrote:TH - your vote for Teeth did feel the most opportunistic looking back at your posts they do not give me the same vibe as your posts from the Champions game where I would have followed you to hell. I can't put my finger on any one thing its just a general vibe so nothing concrete to base a vote on but you have twitched my nose.
I apologize for the way my vote yesterday looks but it is what it is. I suspected BWT and so I voted for him, as did others, and because of when I cast it, it's sure to look "opportunistic". Fact is you can build a narrative around any vote placed at any time. And the narrative that I wanted to opportunistically place a bandwagonny vote onto a civ on Day 1 is simply just wrong. If I were a baddie, wouldn't I have to be saving someone in that situation? What else would I be gaining from the "opportunity"?

Also Roxy, I feel that this game has had a completely different vibe from the Champions game so far, and so maybe that's why my posts have a different vibe as well. Lots of crazy stuff went down in that game, especially the Made forced-vote fiasco early on, while this game has been relatively straightforward. Just keep your eye on me, as you always should, but hopefully your nose will stop twitching eventually ;)
Also, I'm still alive. :feb:

Linki: @ llama. Well that certainly doesn't support your vote of vomps.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:
timmer wrote: And I don't quite trust Long Con. Part of it is linked to his defence of MP and suspicion of Dom, though, so that will wait until i know the alignment of one of the players. But LC gets the :eye: for now.
Let's say that MP is civvie.
Why would that reflect poorly on me?
I mean, I genuinely think he is bad. Why would that make me bad?
:ponder:

I'm confused here Dom, let me reread these interactions circa you, LC, and timmer real quick.

Linki: @SD Oh dear, I can't wait to see how the others react. :haha: But fair enough.
what?
Your comment made me think there was some insinuations from LC (that timmer mentioned) that meant that if MP is good that you are bad. That was not the case.

But still, I just had a look back at LC. He made a few jumps in his logic for his final vote of AP. I don't understand the logic there.
I was talking more about Timmer. I don't see how my alignment or MP's alignment would influence the other. I don't see how my alignment would influence LC's alignment. I do, however, see how MP's alignment might be linked to LC's. However, this is not quite what Timmer said.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MP I said how I felt about FZ ^^^up there somewhere - how do you feel about her?
;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:Are you asking him to pick on SVS because you think she's bad? Do you think he's bad for selectively going after you and not her? Because you told him "You seem to think you have caught me in some kind of "gotcha" moment", which would mean you think he's genuine. If you don't think either is looking bad, why do you want him to go after her?
I don't want him to go after her. I was pointing out the hypocrisy in only calling me out on something other people did too. I don't think SVS is bad and I am still unsure about Rico.
Four other people voted for BWT because they saw it fit and did not invoke doing so despite hating to vote for someone who won't be able to defend himself (anymore). No hypocrisy there, I believe.
I don't know if llama is bad, but this seems like a weird reason to go after him. Why would he say that if he meant that in the case of BWT and then go and vote for him? So either, he meant it in regards to other people, like he claims, or he's a really silly baddie doing something like this
I'm willing to bet the former of the two. I think llama's post about lynching undefendable players and his vote for BWT are unrelated.

But I would like llama (and you) to explain why you want to lynch vomps today.
I haven't played a lot of games with Vompatti, but I think about 4-5. In one of them he was bad, and his behaviour was different than his other games. This one reminds me of it for a few reasons:
1. He joked about suspecting himself, which is what he did in that game?
2. He posts more serious game related posts
3. He's more involved.
Now, others can tell me they've seen him do 2 and 3 no matter what alignment, but if I keep letting people tell me this every time I have a suspicion, I don't see much point in playing the game
Can you list the games for us? Maybe someone else can do a read of them and analyze Vompatti's behaviour to see if they agree.
Does anyone else also think that this post from LC is just trying to set us up for a wild goose chase? Especially since he passed on the whole vomps' behavior anyway and voted AP?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:MP I said how I felt about FZ ^^^up there somewhere - how do you feel about her?
I don't really know yet.

But thanks, your thoughts are appreciated. :)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Spacedaisy wrote:Oh for the love, Alex just pointed out to me that the vote isn't until tomorrow night. Sorry guys. I was really confused.
The vote is today Alex must be messing with your mind :P
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Oh for the love, Alex just pointed out to me that the vote isn't until tomorrow night. Sorry guys. I was really confused.
The vote is today Alex must be messing with your mind :P
She was rushing out the door and I said that about Champions and that this one ended before work, but she probably mixed them up.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: Also, I'm still alive. :feb:

Linki: @ llama. Well that certainly doesn't support your vote of vomps.
My point is that Vomps is behaving differently from usual. AP is not. Come on, MM, you know better than that. I've said this a bunch of times.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary with FZ, but I wouldn't say I am adept at reading her either.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61

Post by FZ. »

Why do you all start talking so late in the day? and when I need to go :disappoint:

llama, I saw your answer, thanks. I actually remember you playing like that in the first game we played together and you were a civ.

Right now, I'm still thinking of voting Vomp. First, because he's lowered his post number drastically since we started pushing for him. If he doesn't care if he's lynched like he says, why not continue just the way he did before?

Then, there's AP, which I agree, made a cop out vote. Especially at the time of the vote. Also I see no difference between not voting at all and voting yourself or randomizing. That said, I've seen him do it before.

The last points regarding MP have some merit, but I still think I'm seeing civ MP. Like TH, I can't put my finger on it, but it's the opposite. I can't vote for him feeling like that. I hope I'm not wrong.

Lastly, there's Dom, who focuses on one person (MP), just like he did in the Champions' game, and he was bad. I still think that between the two, he's more likely bad.

So it's between Dom and Vompatti, but Dom doesn't seem to have any votes, so I guess I'll be voting for Vomp. I have 5 more minutes before I need to go
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Vompatti »

FZ. wrote: So it's between Dom and Vompatti, but Dom doesn't seem to have any votes, so I guess I'll be voting for Vomp. I have 5 more minutes before I need to go
he has one now
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I need to vote now bc my youngest son Nic is here and we are gonna watch Pulp Fiction -
My strongest ping so far is Made but no one seems too bothered by him I am voting AP I think the points are valid and between his vote, timing and lack of anything since the last vote is bewildering even for AP.
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Vomps, why are you voting Dom?
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Vomps, why are you voting Dom?
lol i dunno, i'm just zany and unpredictable i guess xD
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Didn't realize my vote broke a 3-way tie. I feel good about my choice out of the other 2 with 2 votes each. (Vomps, MP)
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Damn Vomps your are not helping yourself with your vote or posts.
;)
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Vompatti wrote:
That's true. But it doesn't help me decide. Still no point in voting Dom. If you want to bring the rest of your team to vote for him, he'll have more votes and then I'll consider
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah I'm a bit sketched out by Vomp's vote for Dom as well.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

FZ. wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
That's true. But it doesn't help me decide. Still no point in voting Dom. If you want to bring the rest of your team to vote for him, he'll have more votes and then I'll consider
k i'll let them know :mafia:

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Does this mean you think Vomps is bad?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dang it, I really need to vote but don't know what I'm going to do.

Am I the only one really confused by the last 10 minutes or so?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Vompatti wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
k i'll let them know :mafia:
Cool. Since I need to go, I'm voting you though. But if you bring them all, you can still out number your voters.
Seriously, this is exactly the kind of talk I had with you in the "Are you being served" and I thought no way would he be a baddie doing that, and you were.

*Votes Vompatti*

I have to go

@linki: duh
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 228

Post by Canucklehead »

If I were voting in a vaccuum, I'd likely vote for TH today as his responses have done nothing to shake my feelings about him (though, to be fair, I'm in that suspicious headspace right now where I'm not sure if there is really any defense he could provide that wouldn't sound to me like equivocating/being too careful/etc., and I understand that that's not fair and is sucky for TH, but I really do have a feeling that he is bad. :shrug: Sorry. )

However, since it seems unlikely that others are also willing to vote TH today (but correct me if I'm wrong, people who haven't voted yet), I don't want to waste my vote in what looks like it's going to be a tight lynch. So that leaves me with what seems to be today's three candidates: MP, AP, Vomps

I don't feel good about voting Vomps, since to do so I would only be going off llama's read, which other players have countered. I don't know enough about Vomps to fairly choose a side there.

I would feel OK about a vote for AP, though the information that this is what he always does regardless of alignment does render the points/case against him somewhat less convincing.

I am very torn about MP. I think his current frustrations are very genuine, but could be the genuine frustration of a wronged civ or a baddie who feels they've been caught without justification (which is SUPER frustrating for me when I'm a baddie). I still think timmer's post about the Dom/MP brouhaha is very interesting, and I think MP's play between Day 1.1 and Day 1.2 might be reflective of a conscious attempt to hold back on the concilliation/over-explaining after being questioned on it (Again, this change could have been made by a civ MP , too).

Sigh. So, for me it's still between AP or MP, unless there is more support for a TH vote.

linki: wowzers.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:I need to vote now bc my youngest son Nic is here and we are gonna watch Pulp Fiction -
My strongest ping so far is Made but no one seems too bothered by him I am voting AP I think the points are valid and between his vote, timing and lack of anything since the last vote is bewildering even for AP.
Today is so confusing.

I thought you just said you wouldn't consider an AP vote?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I have class now, so I have to run.

Placing my vote on LC.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

So... Vomps voted for Dom on Day 1 in the Are You Being Served game too.

Strange puzzlings.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I have class now, so I have to run.

Placing my vote on LC.
Really? :confused:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:So... Vomps voted for Dom on Day 1 in the Are You Being Served game too.

Strange puzzlings.
But he didn't vote Dom yesterday.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dang it, i have to leave... but honestly I don't feel inclined to vote AP or Vomps.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:So... Vomps voted for Dom on Day 1 in the Are You Being Served game too.

Strange puzzlings.
But he didn't vote Dom yesterday.
There must be some kind of a pattern here! :ponder:

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't know what's going on with Vomps but it seems he is purposefully trying to act more zany due to the accusations against him.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, screw it. I know it seems like a waste, but I just don't know about Vomps or AP, so I'm putting my vote where I really feel it should go -- and that is BR. I know others have said this is normal for her but I'm still pinged that she would pour oil on three fires without giving any real good reasons for it.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't know what's going on with Vomps but it seems he is purposefully trying to act more zany due to the accusations against him.
Sure, but is he just trolling for lulz, or is he a baddie whose number llama has had since moment 1?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Canucklehead wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't know what's going on with Vomps but it seems he is purposefully trying to act more zany due to the accusations against him.
Sure, but is he just trolling for lulz, or is he a baddie whose number llama has had since moment 1?
I honestly have no clue, but was leaning the former, so hence my vote.

Gotta go now guys, be back sometime this afternoon. Good luck.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Four other people voted for BWT because they saw it fit and did not invoke doing so despite hating to vote for someone who won't be able to defend himself (anymore). No hypocrisy there, I believe.
I don't know if llama is bad, but this seems like a weird reason to go after him. Why would he say that if he meant that in the case of BWT and then go and vote for him? So either, he meant it in regards to other people, like he claims, or he's a really silly baddie doing something like this
I'm willing to bet the former of the two. I think llama's post about lynching undefendable players and his vote for BWT are unrelated.

But I would like llama (and you) to explain why you want to lynch vomps today.
I haven't played a lot of games with Vompatti, but I think about 4-5. In one of them he was bad, and his behaviour was different than his other games. This one reminds me of it for a few reasons:
1. He joked about suspecting himself, which is what he did in that game?
2. He posts more serious game related posts
3. He's more involved.
Now, others can tell me they've seen him do 2 and 3 no matter what alignment, but if I keep letting people tell me this every time I have a suspicion, I don't see much point in playing the game
Can you list the games for us? Maybe someone else can do a read of them and analyze Vompatti's behaviour to see if they agree.
Does anyone else also think that this post from LC is just trying to set us up for a wild goose chase? Especially since he passed on the whole vomps' behavior anyway and voted AP?
No.

(I had to pull a few of the quotes out becasue I hit the embed limit).

MP always seems bad to me, and Dom seldom does, so my opinion there is pointless, and I need to see that play out more. I don't think LC or BR are suspicious at this point. I can see both sides of the Vomp situation, and I dislike putting all the eggs in one basket, and it seems that the only reason he is suspish is that he is being active? Again, I need to see more. I was thinking that AP is acting too much like normal for him to glean much from his self vote, BUT~

MM seems to be ignoring the reason one might vote for AP other than the fact of a self vote, the strategic reasons for voting for anyone other than BWT at the end of the lynch. He keeps saying that it is because of the fact that he made a self vote, when that is not the reason for the suspish as I understand it. MM is acting like he is on a crusade to defend self voters. Plus, having read back in his posts it seems like he is trying to find reasons to suspect people.

So I am going to also vote AP. MM is defending him too hard.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

So 9 left to vote, with sabie and Lizzy unlikely to do so.....
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

SVS: good point about MM's defense of AP...I think that, coupled with his refusal to vote for any of the likely lynchees (thus avoiding accusations of "saving" someone or "bandwagoning" someone) looks bad for both AP and MM.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I'm going to stick with my gut and vote MM.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

So many avoidance votes! :omg:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Canucklehead wrote:So many avoidance votes! :omg:
It looks pretty normal for a day one lynch.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:So many avoidance votes! :omg:
It looks pretty normal for a day one lynch.
Sure, but this isn't really a Day 1 lynch.

Return to “Previous Jobs”