It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Re: [Day 10] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

S~V~S wrote:You're freakingme out a bit now, lol. So I am going to walk away and think about this. Maybe walk my dog.
Don't Scotty me. :p

Tinfoiling and seriously suspecting are not equivalent.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

I trust this idea because I know that I am town. That is the only thing that has always been for certain to me this game, and knowing that makes me feel better about Soneji due to Prisoner´s exercise. I also strongly believe Chaindeath is scum, so to me that exercise is pretty spot-on. I agree with the variables used because I can account for them.

So if that exercise is to be trusted Elohcin and Dom does look like the worst.

Linki - Epi I have been trying. After realizing it was not going to happen I started to bandwagon more and leave Chaindeath for when people were ready to lynch him. Or well, not leave him entirely as I have voted for him a few times at the beginning of day phases, but when no support came I have been switching to other wagons. my "against wasting votes" ideal came to fruition a few days in.

Epi what do you read Chaindeath as? Which possible scumteam combination do you think is the truth?
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

Im also going to bed now, will come back to you guys in the morning.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Nerolunar wrote:Linki - Epi I have been trying. After realizing it was not going to happen I started to bandwagon more and leave Chaindeath for when people were ready to lynch him. Or well, not leave him entirely as I have voted for him a few times at the beginning of day phases, but when no support came I have been switching to other wagons. my "against wasting votes" ideal came to fruition a few days in.

Epi what do you read Chaindeath as? Which possible scumteam combination do you think is the truth?
How did you start bandwagoning? You have never voted for a single lynched person. Your Day 6 vote was for sig, all by yourself. That was the Day ika got lynched with eight votes (whom you voted for Day 2). Boomslang had six votes. The Day prior you voted Boomslang, but you didn't vote for him Day 6.

I don't see how you throw up your hands on your top suspect only to say you started bandwagoning...when you never bandwagoned a Day in this thing.

I wanted sig lynched for ages, but I'm not going to make that happen by not convincing people to vote him. It eventually happened, even though the result wasn't what I wanted. If chaindeath is your top suspect, then why haven't you tried to get support for a lynch against him?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I hope you two can find a way to carry on this discussion for a while, because I think the game might be reduced to Epignosis versus Nerolunar at this point. Everything else falls into place from there. Fight to the death.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:You're freakingme out a bit now, lol. So I am going to walk away and think about this. Maybe walk my dog.

Yeah, and I don;t think he seriously suspected him.

I am not Scottying you. Let's hear what Sloonei says. Becasue there is too much supposition in the "chaindeath & Nero can't be teammates" hypothesis that so much of this rests on. We can't know until one of them is dead; it is just guessing.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I was reading Dom's posts and I started to doze off. It's not you, it's me, Dom! But my hazy less-than-half-awake interpretation was that he's a baddie trying to hammer home this victory by finally breathing some life into a roster spot in this game that has been completely void up until he showed up (I commend him for his effort regardless of alignment. Thank you Dom). He's been vocal and appeared open minded, but I haven't seen a single word of him resisting any idea in the thread except for the suggestion that he might be bad, which he vehemently shoots down all the time. Other than that, he's just going along with any suspect that come up in the thread. His vote can go anywhere every day and he's leaving things open and using this to his advantage. Putting my vote on Dom.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

I am not Scottying you. Let's hear what Sloonei says. Becasue there is too much supposition in the "chaindeath & Nero can't be teammates" hypothesis that so much of this rests on. We can't know until one of them is dead; it is just guessing.
How is it any less guessing when they are dead than presupposed analysis would be now? Either you have a confirmed cop role or a presumed cop role. What changes?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

what do you want me to say things about?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:what do you want me to say things about?
Do you think it's too dangerous to presuppose that Nero and chaindeath would make unlikely team mates, and why or why not?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Nerolunar wrote:I trust this idea because I know that I am town. That is the only thing that has always been for certain to me this game, and knowing that makes me feel better about Soneji due to Prisoner´s exercise. I also strongly believe Chaindeath is scum, so to me that exercise is pretty spot-on. I agree with the variables used because I can account for them.

So if that exercise is to be trusted Elohcin and Dom does look like the worst.

Linki - Epi I have been trying. After realizing it was not going to happen I started to bandwagon more and leave Chaindeath for when people were ready to lynch him. Or well, not leave him entirely as I have voted for him a few times at the beginning of day phases, but when no support came I have been switching to other wagons. my "against wasting votes" ideal came to fruition a few days in.

If your alignment is the only thing you've been certain about, why are you willing to trust the Prisoner's assumption that SVS, Turnip, and myself are all town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epi, your thoughts on Dom & Eloh?

@Sloonei, 509378 seems to think it highly improbable that chaindeath & Nero could be teammats and has all these scenarios predicated on that that point to Neronot being bad, for the most part.

Do you agree? Did you read over his scenarios?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:@Sloonei, 509378 seems to think it highly improbable that chaindeath & Nero could be teammats and has all these scenarios predicated on that that point to Neronot being bad, for the most part.
I called it unlikely, but not highly unlikely. It's a valid point of contention. I also never suggested Nero isn't bad at any point. I think you might have misunderstood what I was doing?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nerolunar and chaindeath are both cops. Nerolunar says he wants chaindeath lynched but has exhibited little effort to that end. chaindeath has voted Nerolunar twice, but exhibited no effort to that end. Neither one is making a strong effort against the other. At this stage of things, why aren't they at each others' throats?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Do you think it's too dangerous to presuppose that Nero and chaindeath would make unlikely team mates, and why or why not?
I do not, because I am operating under the same assumption right now. I would change it to "scum team mates" because I think the possibility that they're both town does exist (though I've not thought about what that means for other potential scum teams yet). I would not rule out entirely the possibility that they're both bad, but for now I am comfortable with the assumption that one is bad and one is good. I sense some honest exasperation in chaindeath's posts over the last few pages, and this has made me feel better about him when earlier I had him in my second tier of suspects. Nero was an early town read for me but he's seemed too complacent and non-committal in the thread since. I admit I've not looked too closely at him, but that's a part of my concern: he's been very low key for a while, and that's exactly how I would expect the cops to be playing this game (on the other hand, chaindeath has been invisible, so I don't know. This sort of pretzel thinking is what's been going on in my brain every time I open this thread and it's... well it's not nice).

In conclusion: I'm probably like 75% in favor of saying they're not scum partners, 25% saying it's a possibility.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:Nerolunar and chaindeath are both cops. Nerolunar says he wants chaindeath lynched but has exhibited little effort to that end. chaindeath has voted Nerolunar twice, but exhibited no effort to that end. Neither one is making a strong effort against the other. At this stage of things, why aren't they at each others' throats?
Who are their team mates?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Epi, your thoughts on Dom & Eloh?
I've said I don't think Eloh is bad, though the numbers may suggest otherwise. She likes BTSC too much to abandon a game in which she has it.

Dom is making an effort but still looks lost. I'd call that acting.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Nerolunar and chaindeath are both cops. Nerolunar says he wants chaindeath lynched but has exhibited little effort to that end. chaindeath has voted Nerolunar twice, but exhibited no effort to that end. Neither one is making a strong effort against the other. At this stage of things, why aren't they at each others' throats?
Who are their team mates?
This is GTH even if I don't like it, isn't it?

Very well.

Soneji and Dom.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I feel better about chaindeath than Nero.

This just feels like one more episode of we all agree to lynch someone, them, whoa, let's not, and a civvie gets lynched. We all seemed to think Nero was bad. We all STILL seem to think he is bad.

Don't we?

Linki, what if Elohs teammates are no/low shows? Or a bunchof guys she really does not know?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Dom is the name everyone seems to agree on.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I thought we all agreed on Nero, too.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Dom is the name everyone seems to agree on.
Just like Boomslang and just like Turnip Head and just like sig.

But yeah, I was just gonna say this same thing. Even a broken clock is right twice a day or whatever.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:I thought we all agreed on Nero, too.
I think he's a valid suspect, but I also think it makes more sense to lynch Dom at this point. We can't afford a mistake again, period. The evidence and the consensus work against Dom. Do you disagree?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I'm sorry, this just feels like Saving Nero to me.

What do I know,I thought Scotty was bad. I will do whatever everyone else does.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Lynching Nero felt like saving Epi. I don't care about saving people. We can change our votes whenever we want. It's a collective decision.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I do not, because I am operating under the same assumption right now. I would change it to "scum team mates" because I think the possibility that they're both town does exist (though I've not thought about what that means for other potential scum teams yet). I would not rule out entirely the possibility that they're both bad, but for now I am comfortable with the assumption that one is bad and one is good. I sense some honest exasperation in chaindeath's posts over the last few pages, and this has made me feel better about him when earlier I had him in my second tier of suspects. Nero was an early town read for me but he's seemed too complacent and non-committal in the thread since. I admit I've not looked too closely at him, but that's a part of my concern: he's been very low key for a while, and that's exactly how I would expect the cops to be playing this game (on the other hand, chaindeath has been invisible, so I don't know. This sort of pretzel thinking is what's been going on in my brain every time I open this thread and it's... well it's not nice).

In conclusion: I'm probably like 75% in favor of saying they're not scum partners, 25% saying it's a possibility.
One nagging concern I have about chaindeath:

Change his name to lovedelic. Remember yourself as a host. Ponder.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nerolunar has gone to bed. I want full responses to what I've said. Nerolunar should be beyond willing to lynch chaindeath right now, but he's not. I want answers.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Lynching Nero felt like saving Epi. I don't care about saving people. We can change our votes whenever we want. It's a collective decision.

I disagree. Lynching Nero felt like lynching a baddie. If you are so sure Epi needed saving, why aren't you trying to lynch him?

If you think Nero & chaindeath can't both be bad, do you think Nero or chaindeath is more likely bad?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:I disagree. Lynching Nero felt like lynching a baddie. If you are so sure Epi needed saving, why aren't you trying to lynch him?

If you think Nero & chaindeath can't both be bad, do you think Nero or chaindeath is more likely bad?
There are four cops. We can't lynch them all today. I want to lynch the player most likely to flip cop. Everything else is irrelevant. The game can't continue if we get it wrong. Epignosis and Nerolunar both remain wild cards for me.

Between Nero and chain, I think Nero is probably more suspicious -- simply because of his one bad post this phase and the fact that chaindeath hardly seems invested in doing anything. I really want his dialogue with Epi to continue though, because that has all the potential to help sort out that decision.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

One nagging concern I have about chaindeath:

Change his name to lovedelic. Remember yourself as a host. Ponder.
This game was already hurting my head, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?
But I remember lovedellic being more involved than chaindeath has been, albeit in a game half the size of this one.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I will vote for whoever we lynch. But as I said, this all feels like Saving Private Nero to me. If whoever we lynch is not bad, I'm done, lol.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:But I remember lovedellic being more involved than chaindeath has been, albeit in a game half the size of this one.
The reason I bring it up is that for a long while, I'd never seen anyone literally pull the noob card as a defense/explanation until lovedellic did it then.

chainey did it too. :faint:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:I will vote for whoever we lynch. But as I said, this all feels like Saving Private Nero to me. If whoever we lynch is not bad, I'm done, lol.
Who is saving him?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Just to ensure I don't get too hardheaded, or appear that way to others I trust: I know I'm not infallible, and I know I'm not your boss. We don't have to do everything I say. If you think I am straight up wrong about something, then please mash it against my face.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote:I will vote for whoever we lynch. But as I said, this all feels like Saving Private Nero to me. If whoever we lynch is not bad, I'm done, lol.
What makes you feel like Nero is being saved? The Prisoner, Soneji, and I are the three who are voting for/promoting Dom as a lynch target. 2 of those 3 are on the safe + trusted townie list, are we not?
Plus, like the Prisoner said, it's not really saving Nero. It's going for the consensus choice, the player who is most likely to flip scum. Nero is a popular target right now but that's because he represents a point of contention during this phase. He's been under-discussed all game long and now we're discussing him, but what this means to me is that there's a lot of unresolved points around him. I'd rather continue working on those than rush into a lynch, especially when a better option (in my opinion) exists in Dom.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

What I can say that Nero and chaindeath have that Dom and Elo don't, are what appear to be thoughts of their own, they are not straight sheeping. Dom has been straight sheeping and while he replaced late hes had several cycles now to form some opinions of his own. I haven't really seen any. Mongoose was the epitome of someone who contributes nothing while giving the illusion that they have.

Elochin has been completely absent here despite posting in the Spirited Away game. I don't remember anything that made me feel good about Serge who she replaced.

That these two came out looking the worst in process of elimination isn't really surprising.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:But I remember lovedellic being more involved than chaindeath has been, albeit in a game half the size of this one.
The reason I bring it up is that for a long while, I'd never seen anyone literally pull the noob card as a defense/explanation until lovedellic did it then.

chainey did it too. :faint:
This is true, and my mind immediately jumps back to a point earlier in the game where I asked him to explain some of his reads and his only response was to say "I'm He is new."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji wrote:What I can say that Nero and chaindeath have that Dom and Elo don't, are what appear to be thoughts of their own, they are not straight sheeping. Dom has been straight sheeping and while he replaced late hes had several cycles now to form some opinions of his own. I haven't really seen any. Mongoose was the epitome of someone who contributes nothing while giving the illusion that they have.

Elochin has been completely absent here despite posting in the Spirited Away game. I don't remember anything that made me feel good about Serge who she replaced.

That these two came out looking the worst in process of elimination isn't really surprising.
You suggested earlier that you don't envision Nero and chaindeath being team mates. Why do you feel that way?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Without even examining the content of Soneji's posts, there is a very noticeable trend when I look at his post history. From Days 1-6 he was very quiet, only coming in about once every day to make a catch-up post. Since Day 7 he has been much more vocal and been an active member of plenty of conversations in the thread. I am not sure what to make of it right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

For the sake of trying to avoid being biased by my own suppositions, I'm going to shed the theory that chain and Nero aren't as likely to be team mates. I'm going to let this conversation continue to develop and reassess. If they are team mates then that's what prevents Elohcin from being a cop, and that's something worth exploring. Baddies are almost never that uninvolved.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Their pursuit of each other feels fairly genuine to me. Nero has ventured around to other targets but has stuck by his chaindeath suspicion from early on, trying to get it to go through when others seem willing to go for it as he hasn't had success pushing it by himself. He has staunchly defended his position even in the face of suspicion with some good reasoning. His paranoia levels appear to be at a healthy level for a game with such crucial question marks at a stage where a mistake cannot be afforded.

chaindeath's reaction if he is a fairly new player makes sense. He could see himself as an easy target to be jumped on by scum. I didn't fully understand his point against Nero earlier but it gave me a good vibe as a real point he believed in.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Just to ensure I don't get too hardheaded, or appear that way to others I trust: I know I'm not infallible, and I know I'm not your boss. We don't have to do everything I say. If you think I am straight up wrong about something, then please mash it against my face.
I have been trying to and you are not letting me.

I will not lynch you, Sloonei or TH.

My preference,in order, is:

Nero
Soneji
Dom
Eloh
chaindeath
Epignosis

I feel more confident about the first 3. I would just prefer to stick to our guns for once, but any of those 3, I will vote for.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think I'd put Epi in front of Nero.

Dom
Epi
Eloh
chaindeath/Nero

I guess I'm reading Soneji as town, maybe.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

It might seem that way S~V~S, but that's just how I communicate in Mafia. You mash and I mash back, but I'm always listening.

I think my biggest trepidation about going for Nero today would be that it inherently equates to trusting Epignosis.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I can read Nero's posts and sense a player who is honestly trying to figure out what is going on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S, Black Rock was killed before you. I think that's significant.

She was also likely to be anti-Epignosis. I think Epi may have you pocketed.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote:I think I'd put Epi in front of Nero.

Dom
Epi
Eloh
chaindeath/Nero

Soneji has suddenly become involved now that we are talking about him & Nero is how it looks to me.

Linki, yeah that's it. Not that Nero could be bad.

I will be back to make the final vote.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I think I'd put Epi in front of Nero.

Dom
Epi
Eloh
chaindeath/Nero

Soneji has suddenly become involved now that we are talking about him & Nero is how it looks to me.

Linki, yeah that's it. Not that Nero could be bad.

I will be back to make the final vote.
As I noted earlier, Soneji has been active since Day 7. I'd like his explanation for his boost in activity before I make any statements on it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Yes, Nero could be bad. I've said that. He's a viable suspect.

So is Epignosis. Are you not even willing to consider that he pocketed you S~V~S? Is it impossible?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

GO TEAM SOCKFACE!

Return to “Previous Jobs”