30%

Total votes: 20
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [Day 10] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

I still am wary of behind the scenes vote manipulation, so I think we should continue shooting for a runaway poll as best we can. Dom is my preferred lynch by a fairly wide margin at this point. Epi is #2.
linki: MP is third.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:I still am wary of behind the scenes vote manipulation, so I think we should continue shooting for a runaway poll as best we can. Dom is my preferred lynch by a fairly wide margin at this point. Epi is #2.
linki: MP is third.
:feb:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Yeah sure. I was hoping Eloh would see some votes and do something, but that's unlikely.

Dom
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

not to say we shouldn't use these next 23 hours
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Ominous comment that I will make and not expand upon:

Whatever happens, please know that I've tried my absolute best to show my thanks for being paroled. I assume it was mostly townies giving me those votes and I have tried to reward them for that with my best effort. It's gone poorly so far and I regret that, but I'll stick it out as long y'all will have me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

:beer: @ mystery prisoner. I doubt I'd have any motivation in this game whatsoever if not for your work over the last couple phases.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Sloonei wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I think I'd put Epi in front of Nero.

Dom
Epi
Eloh
chaindeath/Nero

I guess I'm reading Soneji as town, maybe.
Soneji has suddenly become involved now that we are talking about him & Nero is how it looks to me.

Linki, yeah that's it. Not that Nero could be bad.

I will be back to make the final vote.
As I noted earlier, Soneji has been active since Day 7. I'd like his explanation for his boost in activity before I make any statements on it.
I have explained it to an extent already:
Soneji wrote:You definitely had been tunneling on sig, unless your definition of the word is completely different.

As for my meta talk, that is kind of the point. I haven't really played much on this site, therefore I have no meta knowledge to cloud my judgement. I have meant to be more active in establishing myself here, as my participation in Flash and Pikmin was shameful, as were my earlier contributions here. I have a much better feel for this sites layout and style of play that has made me more comfortable and confident when posting here.
*That is meant to say that now that I have a better feel for this sites layout and style of play, that I'm more comfortable approaching the game now.

Its also due in good part to a game on NF I was playing in ending along with me abandoning any hope of truly catching up 100%, so I have just been focusing more on recent events and looking through ISO's. You brought up awhile ago that knowing I was in the Championship tournament last year changed your outlook on me, it starting up recently has sparked in me a desire to really show what I'm capable of, on more than just NF, to have been worthy of being called a Champion of my home site. My performance in it last year was rather pathetic.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji wrote:*That is meant to say that now that I have a better feel for this sites layout and style of play, that I'm more comfortable approaching the game now.

Its also due in good part to a game on NF I was playing in ending along with me abandoning any hope of truly catching up 100%, so I have just been focusing more on recent events and looking through ISO's. You brought up awhile ago that knowing I was in the Championship tournament last year changed your outlook on me, it starting up recently has sparked in me a desire to really show what I'm capable of, on more than just NF, to have been worthy of being called a Champion of my home site. My performance in it last year was rather pathetic.
I might be inspired. What would you say are your strongest traits as a townie? This might seem like an arbitrary question, but I have a plan for it.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I'm looking further into the Black Rock arrest. I really think it warrants examination that the cops chose to arrest her, because it came with at least one significant consequence: S~V~S is now pretty much confirmed town.

But S~V~S has played a larger role in this game and has been highly trusted since her part in the Day 2 CFD. So why was S~V~S kept around instead of Black Rock? That had to be a calculated move. They didn't pick Black Rock's name out of a hat. I also don't think she was killed for the sake of misdirection or to sow discord, because this game has seen nearly no night kill analysis whatsoever. It could have easily never happened today either; I only randomly thought of it just recently while I was racking my brain over other matters.

Of the living suspects (not S~V~S, Sloonei, Turnip Head, or myself), she expressed suspicion as follows:

chaindeath

No accusations at all, unless you count this vaguely accusatory post:
Black Rock wrote:
chaindeath wrote:He has switched his vote to Ika to kill the tie. He doesn't understand how he's bad but if the town wishes it this civ will turn himself in and let the cops roll through another night phase.
Don't make me regret my vote. :suspish:
Dom

She made zero mentions of Dom, Draconus, or Mongoose.

Elohcin

She never accused Eloh, and even cut her some slack:
Black Rock wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Listen y'all. I see I am in the red on many of your lists. I'm not very good at keeping up in big games. In fact, if you are not already aware, I vowed not to play them anymore. However, as a favor to MP, because he is an awesome guy, I am here. I am here to give be another vote for the civs. So, please, tell me who I can vote for and I will. I am not a bad guy. I'm here to help.
I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, it's not easy being you in this game right now. It'll take some time to get your footing.
Epignosis

Vageuly accusatory Day 2 post
She backs off a bit on Day 3
Names Epignosis and Scotty as her top suspects on Night 8
Votes for Epignosis on Day 9 (later changed to Scotty)

Nerolunar

Vaguely accusatory post on Day 3
Not accusatory, but rejects sig theory that Nero had BTSC with LC (note to self -- investigate that)

Soneji

Nothing.

~~~

I see one person with a clearly visible motive for killing Black Rock before S~V~S. Why don't you tell me who, gang?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

A thought I had was that SVS might be a Don and the cops have already tried arresting her and failed. But then there's the matter of SVS bluntly stating that she trusts LC was not the seemer, which makes me think BR, LC, and SVS were the capo and crew. I wasn't going to publicly speculate on this but at this point all cards should be on the table.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

No, they didnot.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:A thought I had was that SVS might be a Don and the cops have already tried arresting her and failed. But then there's the matter of SVS bluntly stating that she trusts LC was not the seemer, which makes me think BR, LC, and SVS were the capo and crew. I wasn't going to publicly speculate on this but at this point all cards should be on the table.
Black Rock also stood strongly in LC's defense without a stated reason when Turnip Head built his case against LC.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Soneji wrote:*That is meant to say that now that I have a better feel for this sites layout and style of play, that I'm more comfortable approaching the game now.

I might be inspired. What would you say are your strongest traits as a townie? This might seem like an arbitrary question, but I have a plan for it.
My cold hard logic is generally my strongest trait in general as town and it shows through in both my ability to scumhunt and deter lynches that lack solid evidence. I'm generally detached from any kind of emotional appeal and I won't back down from insulting players to get a rise out of them. The play that I'm most known for is biding my time until a lot of posts build up, normally near phase end on days 1 and 2, then striking with a tl;dr post with all my suspicions, usually catching out a large part of the mafia team.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote:
No, they didnot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I believe one of the loansharks to be dead. So if the other is not, there is only one set of loaner votes.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
No, they didnot.
We agree. Nero and LC did not have BTSC. It appears you, BR, and LC had it as Sloonei may have discovered.

Why do you think BR might have been killed before you?

linki: we've not heard from the mods about either loan shark larwlt, I assumed them both dead
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Let's not forget the difference between innocent role speculation and strong role hinting / role outing, as sig taught us. :feb:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Prisoner 509378 wrote:larwlt
:eek:

*lately
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
No, they didnot.
We agree. Nero and LC did not have BTSC. It appears you, BR, and LC had it as Sloonei may have discovered.

Why do you think BR might have been killed before you?

linki: we've not heard from the mods about either loan shark larwlt, I assumed them both dead
Well, I think one was Indi.

And yes, you are right prisoner, BR probably got killed before me becasue he buddied me. Between Scotty, Black Rock being killed becasue of me and being tricked worst game ever.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji wrote:My cold hard logic is generally my strongest trait in general as town and it shows through in both my ability to scumhunt and deter lynches that lack solid evidence. I'm generally detached from any kind of emotional appeal and I won't back down from insulting players to get a rise out of them. The play that I'm most known for is biding my time until a lot of posts build up, normally near phase end on days 1 and 2, then striking with a tl;dr post with all my suspicions, usually catching out a large part of the mafia team.
Could you attempt to illustrate how you've applied this skill set to your more recent spurts of contribution to this game (presumably within your larger effort to show us what you're capable of as the elected champion of NF)? I don't want this to seem like busy work -- you have my attention in a meaningful way and it might turn the game over.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:Between Scotty, Black Rock being killed becasue of me and being tricked worst game ever.
Not yet! If this is the truth, then it shows that your intuition about Scotty wasn't entirely inaccurate -- you knew someone was buddying you; it just happened to be the wrong guy. I have made that exact mistake before in at least one past game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I still think Scotty was the Seemer, but what do I know, lol.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I also think Epignosis anticipated being on the hot seat this phase (confirmed by the flood of votes that poured onto him right out of the gate). He needed at least one vote for him out of the way (BR) and one person he expected to vote elsewhere in place (S~V~S). The town probably only outnumbers the cops by one player right now, so that difference means everything.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I also think Epignosis anticipated being on the hot seat this phase (confirmed by the flood of votes that poured onto him right out of the gate). He needed at least one vote for him out of the way (BR) and one person he expected to vote elsewhere in place (S~V~S). The town probably only outnumbers the cops by one player right now, so that difference means everything.
All the more reason to consolidate the votes again. I am 100% on board with Epi or Dom.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Carrying forward with this frame of mind: Epignosis knew that our efforts to employ process of elimination most recently in this phase had the real potential to expose the entire cop team. The only way to combat that is to challenge the premises that make it possible; his chosen method was to build a team mate relationship between chaindeath and Nerolunar -- something he had not pushed prior to that moment.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

You all go ahead and lynch me. And lose.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Though I guess some people will win. :meany:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:You all go ahead and lynch me. And lose.
See the cruel joke here is that we're gonna lose even if we do lynch a cop today, good one Epi.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But also let's analyze that as a slip. Epi knows we're all town. So we'll lose. Oops.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Right. :rolleyes:

As if Epignosis would throw away a very real chance at his second-ever civilian win in a full game without putting up a fight.

Die.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

The shitty thing is that even if we nail the whole team now, the police chief role can ruin everything. There's no good way to know which cop is the boss cop.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"Second-ever."
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

What?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Do we switch to Epi or stay on Dom? The present moment has me itching for Epi.*

*Feel free to use this as the Syndicate's Official Slogan 2016
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:

As if Epignosis would throw away a very real chance at his second-ever civilian win in a full game without putting up a fight.

Die.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

Die.
I honestly don't get it. Is it incorrect? I think you'd said before that it had only happened once (and this isn't a backhanded comment, I've only won one game on The Syndicate).
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:Do we switch to Epi or stay on Dom? The present moment has me itching for Epi.*

*Feel free to use this as the Syndicate's Official Slogan 2016
The Police Chief has been on the ball all game long, so it might be less likely to be a player who's been replaced twice (Dom's slot). This would need to be discussed by everyone though. COALITION! ASSSSSSEMBLEEEEE!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

Die.
I honestly don't get it. Is it incorrect? I think you'd said before that it had only happened once (and this isn't a backhanded comment, I've only won one game on The Syndicate).
I've won as a civilian multiple times by now. I did spent my first year of Mafia only ever winning as bad, however.

Talking Heads. Don't know what I ever did to deserve that win. :ponder:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

~*~Hey townies, look at this post!~*~

We (civs/townies) absolutely cannot split our votes. We have to consolidate all of our votes today. To be a lonewolf voter is essentially to forfeit the game. Please please please get on board with whatever bandwagon we settle on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 8] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

I was referring to this. So not "ever", but "on The Syndicate".
Epignosis wrote:On the Syndicate in full games, I've been a civilian six times, won once.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

As of this moment, Sloonei, I'm not leaving Nerolunar until I hear from him. And even then might not. I would be willing to shift to chaindeath or Soneji. Those are my three bigs.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:As of this moment, Sloonei, I'm not leaving Nerolunar until I hear from him. And even then might not. I would be willing to shift to chaindeath or Soneji. Those are my three bigs.
I wasn't talking to you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:As of this moment, Sloonei, I'm not leaving Nerolunar until I hear from him. And even then might not. I would be willing to shift to chaindeath or Soneji. Those are my three bigs.
I wasn't talking to you.
Well ouch.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
I wasn't talking to you.
Well ouch.
:mafia:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Thoughts on this, y'all: if Epignosis is a cop, how likely is it that today was coordinated distancing between he and Nerolunar?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tinfoil theory that I want see come to fruition: the Prisoner is an insider working foe the cops. His role in this game was to take the families down from the inside. Like Leo. He has been steering us all in the wrong direction since he showed up. Like Leo.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Thoughts on this, y'all: if Epignosis is a cop, how likely is it that today was coordinated distancing between he and Nerolunar?
I wouldn't discount it. I've gone back and forth on Nero/lunar about 80 times in the last 4 hours.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

EBWOP: nero and chaindeath
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”