Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 2)

Post by Fredwood »

On N1 I mean.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

gfishfunk wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Here's something to chew on:

If I am bad and on a team, I'm usually not going to be the one carrying out the kill. Can you guess why?

But y'all go ahead with yay role blocks if you want to. Civilians are fucked if that's the operating procedure.
Not having played with you, I wouldn't know. At the same time, that is a great way to justify giving you the kill as a member of a mafia team: if everyone assumes you wouldn't be given the kill, give him the kill.
You demonstrated my point. It's not just you: Half the field wouldn't know about me or my tendencies. No way in hell I'm carrying out the kill if I'm bad.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Adam
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Adam »

S~V~S wrote: That was almost impossible to read. Not sure how you did it :D

And I am not defending Epi; I am pointing out other possiblities when someone appears to be leaping to a conclusion imo. Apparently funkyfish has been taking some suspish and he is actually a civ read for me, so I want him to be sure of himself.
Ha, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of large multiquoted posts generally, but some of this discussion required it with multiple threads weaving in and out. Probably won't do another ugly monster like that anytime soon.

Sure, it's not like Epi was caught red handed by a cop or a reverse tracker making a kill. I don't think gfish is leaping to a conclusion, I think he's exploring a lead. At this point I doubt gfish is dead set on lynching Epi, although he's probably closer than he was when he first posted his info.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

gfishfunk wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Romance of the Three Kingdoms Day 1:
Epignosis wrote:Half of the field missed the vote. Nineteen people.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms Night 1:
Epignosis wrote:
Day 2: The Farmers of Hsiaop’ei are Troubled
雞和山羊
The death of Ahuinan, Meng Huo’s third ravine chief of Nanzhong, resulted in a series of misfortune for the farmers of Hsiaop’ei, because it was reported that Ahuinan was cut down in the vicinity of Hsiaop’ei. The misfortune happened all in one night. A band of distraught farmers sought the advice of one of the elders in that region, a learned man who had fathered seven sons and outlived all of them.

The first farmer approached holding a dead rooster. “Armed men came and slaughtered our chickens. They left behind feathers that do not belong to any of our animals.”

A second man came forward and produced the head of a goat. “Armed men came and slaughtered our goats. They left behind yellow cloth, which we do not wear.”

“This is a good omen,” observed the sage.

“How can you say this a good omen?” asked one of the men of Hsiaop’ei.

“Consider that both the barbarians of the south and the mystical rebels have visited your people in the span of the same night, and all of them are accounted for.”

No one has been killed. It is now Day 2. You have 48 hours and two votes each to decide who will be in the second duel.
What happened there? :ponder:
My guess: Epignosis was just diligent enough to find the post, just lazy enough not to do the analysis, and just cokcy enough to refer to a game that at least half the players had not played and present it like damning evidence?

Just a hunch though. I have enough on my plate reading through this game without having to read through a dozen others or so. Make a point. Or don't.
There were eight mafia divided into two teams. Nineteen people missed the Day 1 vote. Eight people failed to send in a kill Night 1.

Eight damn people.

Y'all go on and marinate on that for a minute.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 137

Post by DrWilgy »

gfishfunk wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:Re: DrWigly: I am not terribly concerned about not getting killed tonight.

Just a quick ctrl F search shows all possible roleblock roles on the front page if you all want to take a look. There are six roles that can roleblock, all alliance. I think all are one-shots (if I am not misreading or skipping one). There are no dedicated Roleblocks.
Are you a one shot? What prompted you to use it day 1? Were you that confident in your read of Epi?
All roleblocks are one-shots.

I tend to use powers rather than let them linger and potentially go unused after I am dead.
Were you that confident in your read of Epi? That was the important one.

@Nifty, I'd say that I don't have hatred in my posts or tone. I'd think it's more respect. I look to adress players, suspicion, and thoughts within the game in a respectful manner for that of a humorously sane intellectual. What key words led you to read a tone of hate?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Post by gfishfunk »

Epignosis wrote:There were eight mafia divided into two teams. Nineteen people missed the Day 1 vote. Eight people failed to send in a kill Night 1.

Eight damn people.

Thats actually pretty hilarious. And it boggles the mind.
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
Adam
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Adam »

DrWilgy wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:Re: DrWigly: I am not terribly concerned about not getting killed tonight.

Just a quick ctrl F search shows all possible roleblock roles on the front page if you all want to take a look. There are six roles that can roleblock, all alliance. I think all are one-shots (if I am not misreading or skipping one). There are no dedicated Roleblocks.
Are you a one shot? What prompted you to use it day 1? Were you that confident in your read of Epi?

I tend to use powers rather than let them linger and potentially go unused after I am dead.

@Nifty, I'd say that I don't have hatred in my posts or tone. I'd think it's more respect. I look to adress players, suspicion, and thoughts within the game in a respectful manner for that of a humorously sane intellectual. What key words led you to read a tone of hate?
I think Nifty was addressing Fredwood (and his post with the cursing), not you.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

DrWilgy wrote:Were you that confident in your read of Epi? That was the important one.
Confident enough to use it. I wanted to interact with someone outside the realms. His posts right around end phase struck me as someone happy with the lynch and happy to not have his name attached. You can disagree with the read or with my ability to analyze, but its what I did.

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

DrWilgy wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

He was saying I was throwing hate, when I just like having a potty mouth.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Dunno, I think I curse often, even when I mod. Just in realms it comes up pound signs. Me cursing is not indicative of me being hateful, it's just me being me. Science has proven that there is a correlation between superior intellect and profanity.

Between that and how messy my sink is, I'm a fucking genius.

(The sink thing is a Bukowski reference when he said the smarter a person is the messier their sink is.)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

gfishfunk wrote:
Epignosis wrote:There were eight mafia divided into two teams. Nineteen people missed the Day 1 vote. Eight people failed to send in a kill Night 1.

Eight damn people.

Thats actually pretty hilarious. And it boggles the mind.
Doesn't it?

I've hosted on this site more than anybody else, and I've seen some strange shit, but that right there I think takes the cake. And I've seen mafia teams forget to submit their kills more than once.

If you decide your best course of action is to lynch me because you blocked me, oh well. I can't convince you or your gang otherwise if that's how you function. You should note that the only people voting me are people who have zero experience with me. So when I get lynched, and you learn that you didn't block a killer, do me the favor of doing some deeper thinking than what you're doing right now.

I would start with the people who missed the vote.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

gfishfunk wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Were you that confident in your read of Epi? That was the important one.
Confident enough to use it. I wanted to interact with someone outside the realms. His posts right around end phase struck me as someone happy with the lynch and happy to not have his name attached. You can disagree with the read or with my ability to analyze, but its what I did.
I seemed happy?

Holy shit.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Epignosis wrote:If you decide your best course of action is to lynch me because you blocked me, oh well. I can't convince you or your gang otherwise if that's how you function. You should note that the only people voting me are people who have zero experience with me. So when I get lynched, and you learn that you didn't block a killer, do me the favor of doing some deeper thinking than what you're doing right now.

Its actually more indicative of the Realms than it is of you: in the Realms this is a good strategy to force someone to claim a role and powers. Failure to claim role and powers (which are the same here I guess) is a reason to lynch. These are all pressure votes.

It has zero to do with the fact that they haven't played with you and everything to do with how we respond to an info drop.

Care to claim role?

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Epignosis wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
I seemed happy?

Holy shit.
Unwilling to steer the lynch a different route and feign being upset, so happy - agreeable, willing to let it progress, willing to allow it to happen.

Most of the time when I see the 'oh noes' posts, its scum feigning sentiment. I think cheering is a bit too obvious.

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Yeah, the good old info drop debate. Might be easier to get some people to crap with their clothes on then info dump. There's a big enough group of Cindy Kate players that wouldn't lynch for not infodumping as there are Realms guys that would.

This was the most interesting thing I was looking forward to in this crossover, how this would play out.

(Observes intently)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

gfishfunk wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If you decide your best course of action is to lynch me because you blocked me, oh well. I can't convince you or your gang otherwise if that's how you function. You should note that the only people voting me are people who have zero experience with me. So when I get lynched, and you learn that you didn't block a killer, do me the favor of doing some deeper thinking than what you're doing right now.

Its actually more indicative of the Realms than it is of you: in the Realms this is a good strategy to force someone to claim a role and powers. Failure to claim role and powers (which are the same here I guess) is a reason to lynch. These are all pressure votes.

It has zero to do with the fact that they haven't played with you and everything to do with how we respond to an info drop.

Care to claim role?
You're not real perceptive.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Epignosis wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:Care to claim role?
You're not real perceptive.
Correct. Care to claim role?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have to leave for forty minutes. See if you can work out my role.

Time starts...now.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I know I know!
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Epignosis wrote:I have to leave for forty minutes. See if you can work out my role.

Time starts...now.
In that time I plan on running out for a haircut and will do no such thing. My vote stays.

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I have a good idea, but there is also a couple of other options as well. I have it at least narrowed down to 3.

Realmsers don't like vaguery though. I feel like John Attenborough right now, this is so exciting.

Series fred hat. At this point I'm inclined to slightly green both of you. It's dangerous for Scum to push hard for a claim even on the realms and the meta there. Epi's hints are good enough for me to green him as well, and chalk it up to a superiority complex and nut and SVS are rusty or scummy enough to use you as a whipping post.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Serious Fred Hat*
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

@LC

I agree with Nifty's meta analysis of the Bob kill. The last Hybridity aside, Realms players tend to kill threats. "Bob is smart and may catch us. Kill Bob. Link will get himself lynched eventually. Ignore Link at night." We may have discussed this during Phenom?

GFish's "I blocked Epi" play is a GFishian play. As town, he goes for this lead to potentially get scum. As scum, he goes for this to potentially catch opposing scum/mislynch and to look like town GFish. It's a null look, imo. But it's definitely not a bad look and I'd disagree with anyone who says this is a reach and therefore GFish is bad. Without looking at the player list, I lean towards GFish being a blocker. That is, he only does this as town if he really has a block and is significantly more likely to do this as scum if he (or a teammate) really blocked Epi.

I agree with your analysis on Fred. Fred is only scum if someone counterclaims Joker (unlikely) or if Bob's role was forged (also unlikely?).
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:I agree with your analysis on Fred. Fred is only scum if someone counterclaims Joker (unlikely) or if Bob's role was forged (also unlikely?).
Whats forged? I don't think I've seen that term.

And no - the haircut guys couldn't get me in yet when I called them - but its going to look amazing.

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@LC

I agree with Nifty's meta analysis of the Bob kill. The last Hybridity aside, Realms players tend to kill threats. "Bob is smart and may catch us. Kill Bob. Link will get himself lynched eventually. Ignore Link at night." We may have discussed this during Phenom?

GFish's "I blocked Epi" play is a GFishian play. As town, he goes for this lead to potentially get scum. As scum, he goes for this to potentially catch opposing scum/mislynch and to look like town GFish. It's a null look, imo. But it's definitely not a bad look and I'd disagree with anyone who says this is a reach and therefore GFish is bad. Without looking at the player list, I lean towards GFish being a blocker. That is, he only does this as town if he really has a block and is significantly more likely to do this as scum if he (or a teammate) really blocked Epi.

I agree with your analysis on Fred. Fred is only scum if someone counterclaims Joker (unlikely) or if Bob's role was forged (also unlikely?).
Again I still disagree on the NK assesment of a N1 Bobkill. I don't see the kill strong players n1 meta as much anymore, because the meta shifted to protecting or info gathering on strong players n1. Now with the limited power structure of this game, maybe I can see killing the strongest player. But with as much Syndicate as Realms players and how the game is also geared towards their style of play I don't know if people would consider the Bob the biggest threat to them in this game anyway because of the strength of the Syndicate players, maybe they view Bob as the strongest Realms player and then NK him, but that feels like a shitty reason to kill Bob N1 in a crossover. Like I said, I still feel Bob was the most neutral or random kill they could come up with.
CaptainNifty
Posts in topic: 86

Post by CaptainNifty »

S~V~S wrote:
I am not dismissing anything; but it IS a leap, especially since the protector role is not dead. It is also possible that someone missed a PM or one of the role switchers was at work. This is a super complex role list, and while what you say is super possible, it is certainly not conclusive.
Overall, I like this post, but I'm not sure I follow everything you are saying. What do you mean by missed a PM. I don't know how it works in the Syndicate, but in the Realms if the faction has to kill they can't get around it by not sending in a PM.

If I am bad and on a team, I'm usually not going to be the one carrying out the kill. Can you guess why?

But y'all go ahead with yay role blocks if you want to. Civilians are fucked if that's the operating procedure.
Epignosis wrote: Worried? Not at all, but I will lose my shit if I'm lynched because someone role blocked me and the kill was missed.

That's elementary-level analysis. In a set-up that involves a dead protector, a living blocker, and a killer, and that's it, okay fine. You got me. Them's the breaks.

In this? Not straightforward at all. I don't fault fish for realizing he has a clue, but I do think it's lazy if he lynches me. I didn't try to kill anybody, so fish's block is irrelevant, and was sadly wasted.

For those who experienced it, does RotTK N1 mean anything?
Your first argument is ridiculously weak.

Someone has said you were blocked last night and there wasn't a kill. You could potentially end this by saying, "Well, you wasted your block I did nothing." or "Well, I tried to X." or "I'm character X."

You have 3 votes against you, maybe that's not enough to get you to talk and I can respect that. I've played 1 day real day phase with you guys, and I'm doing my best to try to adapt to the way you guys do things, while still bringing something from HCR. It may not be how you do things here, but there is value to this line of inquiry.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

gfishfunk wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:I agree with your analysis on Fred. Fred is only scum if someone counterclaims Joker (unlikely) or if Bob's role was forged (also unlikely?).

And no - the haircut guys couldn't get me in yet when I called them - but its going to look amazing.
I used to have hair. Then I started to have less hair, so I decided to go with no hair. Enjoy your hair, haired one! :noble:

@Jack Hybridity looks like something right up my alley. I love superheroes, I love lots of role powers, I love cool storylines, and I love a good, cohesive series.

Forgers make a player seem to have a different role when they get lynched. That's what it was in Phenon, my first Forger experience.

Although I have toyed with it a little in the past. In Mafia: A World Apart (my first solo-hosted game) I made up the Seemer, who looks like whatever role they like for rolecheckers and upon death, and I had an Illusionist, who could influence the host posts and add misinformation. Heh heh he made the Living Statue look like they killed someone at night, and the town lynched their outed, unkillable, protector.
Delicious! :feb:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

gfishfunk wrote:
It doesn't take a rb to interact. It's not a matter of disagreeing, more so not believing.

Here's why -
1. Open roleclaim without soft investment beforehand.
2. The doctor is dead making role blocks more important. You can't throw them willy-nilly.
3. You used a roleblock on someone you don't know, your read on a player you know would be better and more warranting of a rb.

I don't think you were confident enough to declare a role block. It's not an alignment check. There's no definitive answer.

Syndicate point of view: Epi will never be sent to kill N1. He has the highest amount of wins as mafia on the site.

You also have ignored my claim regarding Epi's alignment altogether. Why? I didn't see a single comment regarding it.

JoH, vote Gfish before you can't counter your own wagon w/o voting Epi. If it came down to you and Epi I'd vote you.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

gfishfunk wrote:

It was a role in the last game we played (I was the forger coincidentally), where it was essentially a janitor, but after a mod mistake they allowed us to flip the alignment of a player so they appeared to be the opposite of their alignment upon death.

The role didn't have that much power to actually change the role to something specific, and because of the set up I don't see any forger in the power list (unless I just missed it) so it's unlikely and is probably Jack just CYA.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

While we have votes. One of the 3 Epi voters are bad.

3 from the same site. Momentum is in thier favor. These things don't line up like this if they were civ.

Adam, Nifty, and Gfish, what do you think of this?
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

CaptainNifty wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
I am not dismissing anything; but it IS a leap, especially since the protector role is not dead. It is also possible that someone missed a PM or one of the role switchers was at work. This is a super complex role list, and while what you say is super possible, it is certainly not conclusive.
Overall, I like this post, but I'm not sure I follow everything you are saying. What do you mean by missed a PM. I don't know how it works in the Syndicate, but in the Realms if the faction has to kill they can't get around it by not sending in a PM.
What happens if nothing is sent in? Randomized kill? Delayed Day?
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

Long Con wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:

I used to have hair. Then I started to have less hair, so I decided to go with no hair. Enjoy your hair, haired one! :noble:

@Jack Hybridity looks like something right up my alley. I love superheroes, I love lots of role powers, I love cool storylines, and I love a good, cohesive series.

Forgers make a player seem to have a different role when they get lynched. That's what it was in Phenon, my first Forger experience.

Although I have toyed with it a little in the past. In Mafia: A World Apart (my first solo-hosted game) I made up the Seemer, who looks like whatever role they like for rolecheckers and upon death, and I had an Illusionist, who could influence the host posts and add misinformation. Heh heh he made the Living Statue look like they killed someone at night, and the town lynched their outed, unkillable, protector.
Sign-ups for the next game are going on now.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575019
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Long Con wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:

Yeah I love mafia Ghostwriters (What we call your illusionists over at the Realms) it easily adds so much mayhem to the game that's it's so much fun to have as a mod, not so much for town though.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Fredwood wrote:

Again I still disagree on the NK assesment of a N1 Bobkill. I don't see the kill strong players n1 meta as much anymore, because the meta shifted to protecting or info gathering on strong players n1. Now with the limited power structure of this game, maybe I can see killing the strongest player. But with as much Syndicate as Realms players and how the game is also geared towards their style of play I don't know if people would consider the Bob the biggest threat to them in this game anyway because of the strength of the Syndicate players, maybe they view Bob as the strongest Realms player and then NK him, but that feels like a shitty reason to kill Bob N1 in a crossover. Like I said, I still feel Bob was the most neutral or random kill they could come up with.
I also believe this is likely:

"Who should we kill?"
"People think Bob is Civ, so he won't be getting lynched."
"Good call, let's kill him."

Maybe both teams targeted Bob as well.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

DrWilgy wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
It doesn't take a rb to interact. It's not a matter of disagreeing, more so not believing.

Here's why -
1. Open roleclaim without soft investment beforehand.
2. The doctor is dead making role blocks more important. You can't throw them willy-nilly.
3. You used a roleblock on someone you don't know, your read on a player you know would be better and more warranting of a rb.

I don't think you were confident enough to declare a role block. It's not an alignment check. There's no definitive answer.

Syndicate point of view: Epi will never be sent to kill N1. He has the highest amount of wins as mafia on the site.

You also have ignored my claim regarding Epi's alignment altogether. Why? I didn't see a single comment regarding it.

JoH, vote Gfish before you can't counter your own wagon w/o voting Epi. If it came down to you and Epi I'd vote you.
I really like this post.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Long Con wrote:
Fredwood wrote:

I also believe this is likely:

"Who should we kill?"
"People think Bob is Civ, so he won't be getting lynched."
"Good call, let's kill him."

Maybe both teams targeted Bob as well.
I think that's very likely as well, and was part of my argument, but not a strongly emphasized part of it.

I hadn't thought of that, there really isn't any Write up clues to discredit or credit it, so it's just another detraction for the whole RB evidence thread.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I think I have a wide enough range of views for a read list atm.

Confident civ - LC, Epi, SVS
Feeling good - Nifty, Fredwood
Suspect - Gfish, Raven, Hazlenut

Any questions?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:I know I know!
Only one winner?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Epignosis wrote:
Only one winner?
Hey I get a prize too, I'm pretty sure, if it's not who I think it is, there's only one or two other things it could be.
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

Long Con wrote:
CaptainNifty wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Usually a randomized kill. Sometimes random into your own faction. Depends on the mod's mood.

Scum always has to make a kill in the 'Realms.
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

Fredwood wrote:
I think that's very likely as well, and was part of my argument, but not a strongly emphasized part of it.

I hadn't thought of that, there really isn't any Write up clues to discredit or credit it, so it's just another detraction for the whole RB evidence thread.
Based on the write-up I'd say Kai Leng or Saren likely made the kill.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

DrWilgy wrote:I think I have a wide enough range of views for a read list atm.

Any questions?

Why are SVS and nut where they are? SVS and Nut seemed to be the strongest circumstantial case for Epi being scum (at least for me), so why the separation on your reads list?
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

DrWilgy wrote:While we have votes. One of the 3 Epi voters are bad.

3 from the same site. Momentum is in thier favor. These things don't line up like this if they were civ.

Who are you asking?

If your asking me what I think about being on the same vote as Adam and gfish it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, but I think Epi should give us something.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Fredwood wrote:

Any questions?

Why are SVS and nut where they are? SVS and Nut seemed to be the strongest circumstantial case for Epi being scum (at least for me), so why the separation on your reads list?
SVS and Epi are the two players on the site I think I read the best. Both of them are exhibiting civ tendancies and thoughts.

I read SVS similarly to how she reads me, tone and manner of approach.

Hazelnut seems to have an issue reading me. This was experienced in both Phenon and Currents mafia. Now suddenly I'm civ? Why? I think I'm actually playing unlike the civ Wilgy experienced in those games anyways.
CaptainNifty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:While we have votes. One of the 3 Epi voters are bad.

Who are you asking?

If your asking me what I think about being on the same vote as Adam and gfish it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, but I think Epi should give us something.
I think Epi is trying. He even linked posts from a game he hosted. What makes you uncomfortable? Is it the "home site unity?" Is it the means that caused you to vote together?
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

CaptainNifty wrote:
Long Con wrote:
CaptainNifty wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Usually a randomized kill. Sometimes random into your own faction. Depends on the mod's mood.

Scum always has to make a kill in the 'Realms.
I think I need to put that in my next game. Not that it's a big problem or anything, but it can happen. :feb:
Epignosis wrote:
Only one winner?
It really helped that I have that Saved Draft of all the Alliance roles with the ones that matched your "targeting" claim highlighted. :srsnod:
Fredwood wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Only one winner?
Hey I get a prize too, I'm pretty sure, if it's not who I think it is, there's only one or two other things it could be.
This man does not know.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

gfishfunk wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I have to leave for forty minutes. See if you can work out my role.

Time starts...now.
In that time I plan on running out for a haircut and will do no such thing. My vote stays.
CaptainNifty wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Epignosis wrote: Worried? Not at all, but I will lose my shit if I'm lynched because someone role blocked me and the kill was missed.

That's elementary-level analysis. In a set-up that involves a dead protector, a living blocker, and a killer, and that's it, okay fine. You got me. Them's the breaks.

In this? Not straightforward at all. I don't fault fish for realizing he has a clue, but I do think it's lazy if he lynches me. I didn't try to kill anybody, so fish's block is irrelevant, and was sadly wasted.

Someone has said you were blocked last night and there wasn't a kill. You could potentially end this by saying, "Well, you wasted your block I did nothing." or "Well, I tried to X." or "I'm character X."

You have 3 votes against you, maybe that's not enough to get you to talk and I can respect that. I've played 1 day real day phase with you guys, and I'm doing my best to try to adapt to the way you guys do things, while still bringing something from HCR. It may not be how you do things here, but there is value to this line of inquiry.
You guys act like I care about your little "pressure votes." It's cute. I have no intention to vote to save myself if it comes to that. If you want my lynch, you will have it, and you will have to deal with two poor lynches in a row.

You know what else is cute? That some think you can figure out who is bad by getting people to claim. That isn't going to work. Know how come?

There are eleven civilians. There are twenty-three civilian roles listed. There are six mafia and two independents.

Twenty-three minus eleven leaves twelve. That's twelve roles to spare, and I bet you they're not sitting there just for show. So if your game plan is to make people claim and then see who counterclaims, you're doing it wrong. There won't be any counterclaiming.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:

Time starts...now.
CaptainNifty wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

You guys act like I care about your little "pressure votes." It's cute. I have no intention to vote to save myself if it comes to that. If you want my lynch, you will have it, and you will have to deal with two poor lynches in a row.

You know what else is cute? That some think you can figure out who is bad by getting people to claim. That isn't going to work. Know how come?

There are eleven civilians. There are twenty-three civilian roles listed. There are six mafia and two independents.

Twenty-three minus eleven leaves twelve. That's twelve roles to spare, and I bet you they're not sitting there just for show. So if your game plan is to make people claim and then see who counterclaims, you're doing it wrong. There won't be any counterclaiming.
*holds up finger* Uh, just want to note that my own expectation of a counterclaim to fredwood's claim is valid, since that role (barring shenanigans) guaranteed to be in.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I guess I don't then, was basing it off something specific, and what role and power is likely to fit with that criteria. Maybe I'm zeroing in one something too specific and am missing a broader context clue. All three roles are civ roles though.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

This is more convincing than the idea that LC drawing attention to Epi is why Epi wouldn't make the kill.

I buy it. I think CBob blocked Epi but this did not stop a mafia kill. For the realmsers, letting Epi make the kill night 1 is like letting me or Rokk make the kill night 1. He's going to get attention. You just don't do it.

Doesn't mean Epi is good. Doesn't mean GFish is, either.

This all aside, I think Epi is good and I still think GFish is bad.

Any questions?
Sure. Why Raven?

As for switching to GFish so as not to be stuck between me and Epi, I'm not concerned. There are 40ish hours and I expect the Epi votes to fall away anyhow. I'm down for GFish or Silver and that hasn't changed. But whatever makes you happy. *change vote GFish*
DrWilgy wrote:Oh boi.

It's dangerously funny how these communities mingle.
Loving it.

While I'm doing my best impression of a jester (defending Epi and to an extent, GFish, even though I think he is scum)....

@SVS

I must insist you be more specific about not liking my night posts. I'm alergic to sweeping generalizations about my posts. I need specifics, both to better evaluate you and to defend myself. I don't like much of any of your reasons for voting for me but you came across as town trying. Now that I have defended myself and clarified some things, you have rested on your previous (hasty and confused) reasons and some new but entirely vague ones. This does not sit well with me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ebwop:

I think GFish blocked Epi. Not CBob

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”