30%

Total votes: 20
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Re: [DAY 11] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Soneji »

Epignosis

Dom's flip should seal it for those who weren't already convinced.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:Well well well.
Go on...
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hey cops, you're screwed.
Go on...
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Things Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom said about chaindeath:
Dom wrote:
chaindeath wrote:That was thoroughly not useful...
why
Dom wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Dom, gun to head read on chaindeath GO
Bad
Dom wrote:I think he's bad based on other people's opinions and his most recent posts were more dismissive than anything else.
Dom wrote:not sure if i should vote for scotty or chaindeath
Dom wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:You could start by sharing your perceived team of four cops.
Chaindeath
Nerolunar
Elo?
Soneji?
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I don't like Dom's refusal to accept that he's a valid suspect. I also don't like his exasperation in the face of being lynched, strangely. He just got here. I don't think a townie who just showed up this late in a game would be as passionate about being lynched as he's been.

God this is the most bullshit case I've ever given but somehow I believe it.
So first I don't care enough about being lynched and now I cared too much?
When did I ever imply the former point?
Maybe you didn't, but either you or Prisoner have.
And, frankly, it's exhausting to replace into a huge game and almost immediately take heat for reasons you don't understand that often contradict each other. I've been told I care too much and too little about being lynched. I've been told that I don't have enough thoughts and that I am too willing to vote on thoughts etc.

Surely you can understand how that's frustrating.
I can, and if you're a townie the treatment of you in this game has been nothing frustrating. But surely you can understand why you have to be looked at the way we have been looking at you. We've got at least 4 bad guys to catch in a 10 person game. The whole game has seen one vocal townie after another get lynched and it became apparent days ago that we've had a number of townies at each other's throats all game long. There's a small handful of players who provided absolutely no content during all of this time, and your predecessors are a part of this group. As a bad guy subbing in late to the game, it is reasonable for us to speculate that you would want to jump into the activity right away to distance yourself from the Lurker Scum label.
I understand that it is also reasonable for you as a townie to want to dive in and help us figure things out. It's been said before, but you practically can't win here. I understand your frustration if it is genuine, but at this stage in the game I can't approach you any differently than this.
Can't you?

Why can't chaindeath or Nerolunar be baddie?
It is our collective charge to determine if the cops have been attempting to distance themselves from chaindeath or just take advantage of his being easy lynch bait. I won't share my perspective yet. Y'all go first.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji wrote:Epignosis

Dom's flip should seal it for those who weren't already convinced.
Why?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Things Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom said about Serge and Elohcin:
Dom wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Just when we thought we could lock down some variables. What do we do? :shrug: If we get to live another day Im inclined to believe Elohcin is still a valid lynch option, if just to decrease the number of cops.
What else would be the goal?
Basically sweet f*** all. That one post is barely even relevant. Again, tell me your immediate feelings.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Things Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom said about Epignosis:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am sensing real desperation in Scotty's posts though, and it's making me reconsider. Dom or Epi would be my next choice.
Is there a reason Dom is your favored low-content lynch over Elohcin or someone else?
I believe what Epi says about her, but then I also don't trust Epi. So I don't know. Call it gut.
This is some bullshit if I've ever read it.
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am sensing real desperation in Scotty's posts though, and it's making me reconsider. Dom or Epi would be my next choice.
Is there a reason Dom is your favored low-content lynch over Elohcin or someone else?
I believe what Epi says about her, but then I also don't trust Epi. So I don't know. Call it gut.
This is some bullshit if I've ever read it.
Am I not allowed to suspect you?
No. You are.

Your reasons are just nonsensical. For example, you don't trust Epi, but trust him enough to leave Elo alone.

For example, you call me a lurker, but I have offered more than Elo. For example, my post count is currently 38. Over two game days, that's not half bad, especially replacing in on Day 7. I read back on the Day 2 lynch as asked, and if I'm not mistaken, offered some thoughts on those proceedings.

So your position doesn't make sense.
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Tinfoil theory that I want see come to fruition: the Prisoner is an insider working foe the cops. His role in this game was to take the families down from the inside. Like Leo. He has been steering us all in the wrong direction since he showed up. Like Leo.
I've thought a little about how awesome it would be if I was a convincted serial killer and y'all paroled me. XD
It's happened before. Ask S~V~S.
lol :D
Dom wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:You could start by sharing your perceived team of four cops.
Chaindeath
Nerolunar
Elo?
Soneji?
What makes you feel inclined to leave Epignosis out?
I don't fully understand why people think he is bad.
Epignosis has an absolute crapload of posts and none of them made a direct comment to or about Epi until that very last quote (Day 10) in which Dom brushed off the cases against Epi. That's pretty surprising.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Things Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom said about Nerolunar:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Anyone want to join me in voting for Don/Draconus/Mongoose? Collectively they've provided almost no content. Dom hasn't been inactive since he showed up, but his posts do not represent anything that would be diffocult for a scum player to fake. I think we've definitely tot lurker scums on our hands in this game and he fits the bill better than anyone else.
....so...why am I bad?
Turnip Head wrote:wtf, RIP sig :scared:

Sorry that I haven't had time for this. Where should I vote? As of right now I don't want to vote for Epignosis or Scotty but I also haven't read the cases on them. I feel good about both of them from what I've read. chaindeath, Domconus and Soneji are all options for me.
Why?
Nerolunar wrote:My vote on Chaindeath is going nowhere, so Im changing it. I think Domcongoose looks worse than Scotty tbh, so Im voting for him.

Dom
WHY?!

Turnip Head wrote:Well I hope you guys are right about Scotty. .. Ive been wrong about most things so far so maybe I'm wrong about him too, but I think he's town.

Voted for Dom.
W H Y?
Dom wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Damn. Crappy situation we are in, but I believe that we can still win! I like Sonejis recent posts and GTH he strikes me as civ.

My top scum reads are Chaindeath and Dom. Doms recent posts lacks civ motivation and he does not come off as someone who is struggling to win.
"Lacks civ motivation"
Qualify this statement.
Dom wrote:
Chaindeath
Nerolunar
Elo?
Soneji?
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I don't like Dom's refusal to accept that he's a valid suspect. I also don't like his exasperation in the face of being lynched, strangely. He just got here. I don't think a townie who just showed up this late in a game would be as passionate about being lynched as he's been.

God this is the most bullshit case I've ever given but somehow I believe it.
So first I don't care enough about being lynched and now I cared too much?
When did I ever imply the former point?
Maybe you didn't, but either you or Prisoner have.
And, frankly, it's exhausting to replace into a huge game and almost immediately take heat for reasons you don't understand that often contradict each other. I've been told I care too much and too little about being lynched. I've been told that I don't have enough thoughts and that I am too willing to vote on thoughts etc.

Surely you can understand how that's frustrating.
I can, and if you're a townie the treatment of you in this game has been nothing frustrating. But surely you can understand why you have to be looked at the way we have been looking at you. We've got at least 4 bad guys to catch in a 10 person game. The whole game has seen one vocal townie after another get lynched and it became apparent days ago that we've had a number of townies at each other's throats all game long. There's a small handful of players who provided absolutely no content during all of this time, and your predecessors are a part of this group. As a bad guy subbing in late to the game, it is reasonable for us to speculate that you would want to jump into the activity right away to distance yourself from the Lurker Scum label.
I understand that it is also reasonable for you as a townie to want to dive in and help us figure things out. It's been said before, but you practically can't win here. I understand your frustration if it is genuine, but at this stage in the game I can't approach you any differently than this.
Can't you?

Why can't chaindeath or Nerolunar be baddie?
Dom wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Just when we thought we could lock down some variables. What do we do? :shrug: If we get to live another day Im inclined to believe Elohcin is still a valid lynch option, if just to decrease the number of cops.
What else would be the goal?
There's some emotion in here. Tell me about it chums.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Things Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom said about Sloonei:
Mongoose wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I will not be apologizing or moving my vote off her until/unless she responds. Or else it would have been an entirely pointless exercise. But I certainly don't intend on that being my final vote.
Dude, I'm just busy. When I have meat, I'll make sure you are firstly named on the meat doorside delivery service route. Meat for every mouth, and a Mazda in every garage -- isn't that how it goes?
Mongoose wrote:Before I vote ika for the odd post on Silverwolf, is that something we do around here now? Vote for people to get their attention?

Sloonei - no worries, I saw -- I always try to respond directly to anyone who's made a comment or query my way. Thanks to the ole handy Ctrl+F
Draconus wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Draconus wrote::disappoint: I had something typed up, had to go back to work, came back to post, and it disappeared. FML.
ika wrote:in that case im voting draconous for now

im saddened that silver thinks my budding is scum. shes should knwo thats the nullest of null tells
Why?

I had a comment on DDL because he's being brought up as a lynch candidate: I feel good about him because of his actions surrounding the Fuzz situation.

Sig: I don't think Silver answered my question, but this to anyone who wants to answer. Why is Sig a suspect? I've read some of the more recent discussions surrounding him but I still don't know.
What question is that? I don't think did is a suspect. I'm voting for ika cuz he's buddying the fuck out of me.
I asked you in an earlier post what your thoughts were on the Sig votes and on Sig himself. I don't have many posts and they're not very long so I understand missing it.

Also, there's a history here of significant others being able to read each other very well (it's not 100% but I do remember it happening several times). Also, Matt's post below peeked my interest in ika. Can you (or anyone else) confirm that ika said Sloonei was a failed arrest?
Matt wrote:
ika wrote:
S~V~S wrote:ika you have info? Or is this your opinion? You are stating it as a fact. When we do that here, it tends to be a hint of sorts most of the time. Not always, but more often than not.
its opinion. when i say someoes town its mostly opion but my phraseing can eb odd
Hrm.

We should lynch ika. And if he turns up bad, we lynch SVS next for this back and forth here which presents us with "awww ika just has odd phrasing, no wonder he phrased that 'sloonei was the failed arrest' thing the way he did."

Derp.
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Dom wrote:My point is that you are needlessly elaborating to a make a point already made. You are nervously dancing around topics, and on a tone level, it reads you are bad.
What other topicS would this apply to?
That wording was poor, and I thank you for pointing out my error. It is a singular topic. I do think you are nitpicking a bit, because my point still stands.
Do you have anything else to say about Quin?
To be honest, not much.

I'm trying my best wiht limited time in a game where I have little footing.
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Anyone want to join me in voting for Don/Draconus/Mongoose? Collectively they've provided almost no content. Dom hasn't been inactive since he showed up, but his posts do not represent anything that would be diffocult for a scum player to fake. I think we've definitely tot lurker scums on our hands in this game and he fits the bill better than anyone else.
....so...why am I bad?

Sorry that I haven't had time for this. Where should I vote? As of right now I don't want to vote for Epignosis or Scotty but I also haven't read the cases on them. I feel good about both of them from what I've read. chaindeath, Domconus and Soneji are all options for me.
Why?
Nerolunar wrote:My vote on Chaindeath is going nowhere, so Im changing it. I think Domcongoose looks worse than Scotty tbh, so Im voting for him.

Dom
WHY?!

Turnip Head wrote:Well I hope you guys are right about Scotty. .. Ive been wrong about most things so far so maybe I'm wrong about him too, but I think he's town.

Voted for Dom.
W H Y?
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
....so...why am I bad?

Why?

Dom
WHY?!

Voted for Dom.
W H Y?
Process of elimination. The spot you occupy in this game has been absent all game long, and we've almost certainly had at least one lurking, inactive scum player. Surely you can understand this.
No. I can't. There are at least two people who are also inactive. There is zero rationale here. I have tried very hard to participate.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hey Dom, gun to head read on Scotty GO
I've posted about Scotty, but apparently I've been lurking. I don't trust him. I trust SVS, I think, and she doesn't. No one seems to remember opinions he has had, and that is not something I associate with civvie scotty.
continuing...
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

It literally won't let me post this because the quote pyramids are too big. You have enough to judge anyway, so do it.

Failure to snip massive quote pyramids is scummy. :noble:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Things Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom said about Soneji:
Draconus wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Why are people voting for Draconusgoose?
Silverwolf wrote:Oh I switched my vote to Draconus

I expect sig to be the lynch today but I want to voice my opinions on others I'm suspecting and the fact that Draconus has done very little since replacing reminds me of how myself and others I've seen react to replacing into a scum slot. Be mostly inactive and then just post the bare minimum without really saying much.

I still suspect Soneji for posts that don't really say anything at all and because I think scum are laying low this game while town attacks each other, but I don't see the point of sitting on that vote by myself right now.
Draconus hasn't done much of anything since replacing. Soneji hasn't done anything all game. They both need to be pushed eventually if we are gonna win this. And if they continue, then lynched IMO.
Your pressure doesn't bother aapje at all. Besides, Alice just started playing.

moresque are your thoughts on The Cyber Controller viands votes? Thoughts overthwart thanks?
Dom wrote:
Chaindeath
Nerolunar
Elo?
Soneji?
Do with it what you can, town crew.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Things Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom said about Turnip Head:
Mongoose wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Yay Game :)

Old school, right into the lynch~
Certainly refreshing but bad timing for me personally. I'll be in Margaritaville all weekend for a wedding. So we should find the po-po quickly :ponder:

Me too! I'm finishing my last 16 hours of my 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training. But honestly I'm just always slammed, just different levels of outrageously busy.

I want Simon to be in this game.
Mongoose wrote:OKay, so here's the deal. I don't feel comfortable randomly voting. Thank you for your comments, and I agree that an ika vote today is not the way to go -- I appreciate your candor. I'll be around a lot next weekend, and you'll get to see how talky I can be -- anyone remember the first year of TS when Sock and I would fill pages?

ANYWAY sorry I'm constant digressions.

Since I don't feel comfortable making a case on anyone or buying into the current ones (so I'm going to offer TurnipHead this since Vompatti or Llama or etc isn't around) -- TH - would you fancy a vote trade? I'm going to vote you for admittedly no discernible reason -- please feel free to return the favor!

Sorry crew, I've got to jet and I just Do NOT like to miss votes.

* votes TurnipHead *
Mongoose wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
sig wrote:I don't like this huge bandwagon on gleam, espacilly since nobody has ever actually explained their suspicion of him, or if they have I don't remember it.

I've got a slight mafia gut read on Wilgy.

Also I find it odd how quite Zebra/LC seem to be this game.
I agree with this. I am mostly caught up and I really don't understand how Gleam has so many votes so early in the day. I understand votes are changeable but with this level it's making a statement and I don't understand the case.
This is where I'm at. Scotty's vote seems questionable to me, I haven't looked at the other votes in depth yet. Scotty said he was voting for Gleam "Because", and then when asked to elaborate, he said:
Scotty wrote:As for me voting gleam: it's mostly a continuation suspicion of my night 1 eyeing of him for being a floppy pancake. But I'm far too lazy to look it up right now. About to enter a poker tournament.

This isn't just. Throwaway vote on a wagon. It's just gut, and he happens to have a bunch of votes piles on as well, so there's that.
So idk, but putting the sixth vote on a wagon more than 24 hours before the lynch deadline, when it doesn't look like a "pressure vote" or like it's furthering the read, well it looks like it's just there. I feel like I can't judge Scotty's motives until the Day is over and I see what else he does with his vote, but right now I feel like he's just gonna keep it parked there until deadline and that feels weird to me for reasons I can't really articulate.
I see where you are going with this, but I totally read Scotty in this post as someone who just needed to phone it in for a day. I think about 5 other people were voting for gleam right up until the minutes leading up until lynchtime.
Dom wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Matt rejoined the game into a civilian role. Matt 1.0 could not have been the seemer, Sloonei is correct. Any baddie by default cannot rejoin a game.
unless they rejion their team. Don't know if that's plausible here.

I'm hoping TH responds to my question. I want to hear what he has to say before judging the case.
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:As we get closer to the deadline I think ot becomes imperative that we all consolidate our votes on one player. There's too much behind the scenes vote shenanigans going on to comfortably have split votes if it's not necessary.
Either that, or we have two we pretty much ALL suspect so it makes baddie shenanigans harder. I am happy with my vote on Turnip Head, but am also good with all the votes on Boomrique. That also plays into the plan for signalling that 509378 was discussing.

We have had some really good talk today, thanks for putting up with me not being a part of it. Sometimes life is that way.

I will probably post again towards the end of day, mainly if a vote change is required, or to reaffirm my vote for teh TH.

Welcome replacement people, goodluck catching up, if you read anything,read the last hour of Day 2 starting here, with Fuzz' Day 2 vote for ika:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 78#p242378

And going to the lynch post. It explains a lot of the rest of the game.
Thank you.

SVS, you and I both genuinely read TH as civ in Arkham, I think. What sets him apart in this game?
thellama73 wrote:All right, I can get behind a Boomslang lynch, because if Turnip Head is playing a baddie game, it's one of the most brilliant I've ever seen.
Can you clarify why you don't want to lynch TH?
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:Why might someone vote Boomslang over TH? HAs he just been really fleety?
He replaced Enrique, whose behavior whioe he was in the game was not the most civie thing in the world. He appeared to take nothing seriously until we lynched RadicalFuzz, a cop, and Enrique got mad. He also was voting for Fuzz before the bandwagon against him started, and then Enrique immediately switched his vote to someone else (ika, i think) once the real Fuzz votes started coming in.

His post history is not that long if you want to check it out for yourself.
Thank you.
thellama73 wrote:This one:
Epignosis wrote:I started going through Turnip Head's posts, and stopped here:
Turnip Head wrote:I want to lead a CFD counterwagon because I don't like any of these 3, but I have no idea where to go. My vote is accomplishing nothing but I don't know where else to put it. I really hope Epi doesn't get lynched, I haven't played with him in forever and I'm liking his new approach this game.
Question: If Turnip Head is a cop, how does this Day 2 post make sense?
How does one day 2 post erase the rest of the case?

I could see myself voting for either candidate, but I'd like to hear a response from TH (and Boom, if possible)
Dom wrote:I got called into work. I'll try and check in before day ends.

I'm voting TH at least for now.
Dom wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:On the flip side, Dom gave the appearance that he was working out his vote as much as he could before he placed it. I'm not inclined to hand him the key to the city for that though, because if I were a baddie thrust into his position I would certainly try to at least take on the right "form" before tossing my vote onto a mislynch.

So on that front, neither Elohcin nor Dom can win. I don't like the lack of an effort to justify a vote, and I don't like the effort to justify it either. It's a tough scenario. :shrug:
Questions about this:

#1) I'm not reading 160+ pages of the game to catch up. I'm just not. You wouldn't ever hear from me. Given this, I asked for summaries. I did my best. I listened to your feedback, waited for TH to respond, didn't get one, needed to vote, and did so. What could I have possibly done differently? I don't really understand why you find me suspicious, only that you apparently do. Many people voted TH, and I tried to educate my vote. Why am I criminal for doing so?

#2) Why can't I win?
Dom wrote:
....so...why am I bad?

Why?

Dom
WHY?!

Voted for Dom.
W H Y?
Dom wrote:SVS, I read the end of day 2. I definitely get the Turnip Head suspicion. He didn't say much during that period of substance. A lot of posts with no content and reluctance to vote who might be his teammate.

I'd still like a response from him.
Dom wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:I think Dom's initial reaction is rather telling though. Instead of staunchly contesting me for essentially calling him a confirmed cop, he just acted like he didn't understand my methods. He should be fighting for his life and getting angry.
1) Don't really have time for that
2) Why shouldn't I want to know where you're getting your conclusion from so I can defend myself?
Sloonei wrote:I was reading Dom's posts and I started to doze off. It's not you, it's me, Dom! But my hazy less-than-half-awake interpretation was that he's a baddie trying to hammer home this victory by finally breathing some life into a roster spot in this game that has been completely void up until he showed up (I commend him for his effort regardless of alignment. Thank you Dom). He's been vocal and appeared open minded, but I haven't seen a single word of him resisting any idea in the thread except for the suggestion that he might be bad, which he vehemently shoots down all the time. Other than that, he's just going along with any suspect that come up in the thread. His vote can go anywhere every day and he's leaving things open and using this to his advantage. Putting my vote on Dom.
Oh really?

Because I've been around since Day 7. I voted Turnip Head on Day 7, and so did you. I missed Day 8. I voted Scotty on Day 9. That's what you call following any bandwagon? I gave thoughts on both of these.
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Tinfoil theory that I want see come to fruition: the Prisoner is an insider working foe the cops. His role in this game was to take the families down from the inside. Like Leo. He has been steering us all in the wrong direction since he showed up. Like Leo.
I've thought a little about how awesome it would be if I was a convincted serial killer and y'all paroled me. XD
It's happened before. Ask S~V~S.
lol :D
Dom wrote:Sloonei, why is Turnip Head's disappearance less suspicious than my attempt to play this game?
Because he hasn't given a shit since he was lynched.
Tons of stuff. Talk to me.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

All documented votes placed by Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom:

Mongoose
Day 1: Turnip Head (final)
Day 2: None
Day 3: None
Draconus
Day 4: Draconus (final)
Day 5: DDL (final)
Day 6: None
Dom
Day 7: Turnip Head (final)
Day 8: None
Day 9: Scotty (final)
Day 10: None
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think Turnip Head looks good in all of those exchanges. The Mongoose vote trade thing on Day 1 strikes me as something that would draw an unnecessary and bold connection between two teammates so early in the game. Add that with Dom's willingness to push for his lynch on Day 7, and his self-defense by way of throwing Turnip Head's name out there when I was accusing him yesterday, and TH supposedly being the Don and I don't think I'll be voting for TH today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:I think Turnip Head looks good in all of those exchanges. The Mongoose vote trade thing on Day 1 strikes me as something that would draw an unnecessary and bold connection between two teammates so early in the game. Add that with Dom's willingness to push for his lynch on Day 7, and his self-defense by way of throwing Turnip Head's name out there when I was accusing him yesterday, and TH supposedly being the Don and I don't think I'll be voting for TH today.
Concur.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

My mind went to this exchange on Day 1:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:whys sloonei bad mr nosis
Mongoose does what Sloonei accused her of. All the time. And I have missed Mongoose something fierce. :hug:
Never have I ever played in a game with Mongoose.
I know. She's a peach.

I'm going to bed. I'll move my vote off you then if I'm satisfied with your apology for suspecting Mongoose.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My bias may be manifesting itself here, but I think chaindeath looks the worst in Dom's exchanges. Dom names chaindeath as a Bad GTH read early on and then proceeds to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to push for his lynch as things progress.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Conversely, I find myself wondering what to do with this one. I'm glad I squeezed it out of Dom.
Dom wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Chaindeath
Nerolunar
Elo?
Soneji?
My initial reaction was that Dom spewed Epi town, showing that he was trying to stay on Epi's good side. But to borrow Epi's own term, that might be "kid gloves".
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Conversely, I find myself wondering what to do with this one. I'm glad I squeezed it out of Dom.
Dom wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Chaindeath
Nerolunar
Elo?
Soneji?
My initial reaction was that Dom spewed Epi town, showing that he was trying to stay on Epi's good side. But to borrow Epi's own term, that might be "kid gloves".
Now that Dom has flipped bad and yesterday's lynch attempt is confirmed as a good one, what are your thoughts on Epi? You are right that I'm in a tunnel right now, but it's a tunnel that I feel comfortable being in.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

This is a sockpuppet account that didn't exist before this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Initial reactions to confirmed cop Dom not being lynched:
Sloonei wrote: :mad:
Soneji wrote:Or you for all we know Sloonei. Will have to evaluate some things :ponder:
Epignosis wrote:There's more shortsightedness here than in a obstetrician's office from The Shire.
Elohcin wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Well, it didn't benefit us for me to say this earlier, but I am aware of at least one possibility for both non-Don civilians and cops alike to have access to a lynch pardon.

Based on all information available to me, based on voting records and revealed roles etc, I find it nearly impossible that Dom is a Don. He could be a civvie that gained access to a lynch pardon, but I also find this unlikely due to this post:
Dom wrote:I don't. Not if we cannot both survive for civvie reasons.
If Dom survived for a civvie reason, he would know that it is possible for at least one other civvie to survive for the same reason that he did.

In conclusion, I think we should lynch Dom tomorrow.
chaindeath wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Epi
Dom
Eloh
chaindeath

That is what I think the scum team looks like. We've probably already lost, but whatever.
And a list like that is why.

Punch some holes in mine.
I can't even fathom you being good at this point. Dom is not a Don and I don't think he's a Stool Pigeon (unsubstantiated), so I think he was saved by some scum mechanic. That leaves Elohcin, chaindeath, Nerolunar, and Soneji. Soneji and Nerolunar strike me as more believable townies than Eloh and chaindeath.[/quote]

Why?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Nero's reaction looks like top grade b/s.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Again inclined to say that chaindeath's response looks the worst.

linki: OH YEAH!? i kind of agree. Neither of them look peachy there. :ponder:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Doing this again, but this time I will make no comments about what I think is likely or unlikely. You guys tell me.

Supposing the innocence of Sloonei and Turnip Head...

chaindeath
If chaindeath and Elohcin are town, cops are:
EPIGNOSIS
NEROLUNAR
SONEJI

If chaindeath and Epignosis are town, cops are:
ELOHCIN
NEROLUNAR
SONEJI

If chaindeath and Nerolunar are town, cops are:
ELOHCIN
EPIGNOSIS
SONEJI

If chaindeath and Soneji are town, cops are:
ELOHCIN
EPIGNOSIS
NEROLUNAR
Elohcin
If Elohcin and chaindeath are town, cops are:
Epignosis
Nerolunar
Soneji

If Elohcin and Epignosis are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Nerolunar
Soneji

If Elohcin and Nerolunar are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Epignosis
Soneji

If Elohcin and Soneji are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Epignosis
Nerolunar
Epignosis
If Epignosis and chaindeath are town, cops are:
Elohcin
Nerolunar
Soneji

If Epignosis and Elohcin are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Nerolunar
Soneji

If Epignosis and Nerolunar are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Elohcin
Soneji

If Epignosis and Soneji are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Epignosis
Nerolunar
Nerolunar
If Nerolunar and chaindeath are town, cops are:
Elohcin
Epignosis
Soneji

If Nerolunar and Elohcin are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Epignosis
Soneji

If Nerolunar and Epignosis are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Elohcin
Soneji

If Nerolunar and Soneji are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Elohcin
Epignosis
Soneji
If Soneji and chaindeath are town, cops are:
Elohcin
Epignosis
Nerolunar

If Soneji and Elohcin are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Epignosis
Nerolunar

If Soneji and Epignosis are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Elohcin
Nerolunar

If Soneji and Nerolunar are town, cops are:
chaindeath
Elohcin
Epignosis
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ALSO the fact the game is still happening confirms that the undercover cop is dead. If not then it's 3 civs vs 4 cops vs 1 prisoner. There are 4 of us civs and 1 prisoner vs. 3 cops.
I think Boomslang was the undercover cop because if he was town then like what the hell?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:ALSO the fact the game is still happening confirms that the undercover cop is dead. If not then it's 3 civs vs 4 cops vs 1 prisoner. There are 4 of us civs and 1 prisoner vs. 3 cops.
I think Boomslang was the undercover cop because if he was town then like what the hell?
I think there's plenty of room for Boom to have been town just because of Enrique's posts. The things he was getting so much crap for are basically his town meta. He throws his toys out the pram. I do agree though that the undercover cop is almost surely gone. The cops would be able to control the lynch otherwise.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Just read back through Soneji to see who would be his least likely teammates in the event that he's a cop, and came out of it feeling confident that he's my strongest town read in the mystery pile.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I honestly think it's a bad idea to pile votes onto anyone right now, and I would encourage you to move yours Sloonei. That doesn't mean I'm saying we can't lynch Epi, but we have non-participants and barely-participants who are just going to join the pile and never return to the thread. The game might hinge on their laziness.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I honestly think it's a bad idea to pile votes onto anyone right now, and I would encourage you to move yours Sloonei. That doesn't mean I'm saying we can't lynch Epi, but we have non-participants and barely-participants who are just going to join the pile and never return to the thread. The game might hinge on their laziness.
Fair point. If I move my vote I will put it on you because that's the safest place I can think to put it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:Just read back through Soneji to see who would be his least likely teammates in the event that he's a cop, and came out of it feeling confident that he's my strongest town read in the mystery pile.
Rank the likelihood of each other player being his cop team mate.

lnink: agreed, I'm good with that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Just read back through Soneji to see who would be his least likely teammates in the event that he's a cop, and came out of it feeling confident that he's my strongest town read in the mystery pile.

I'll do this after I'm done double checking Nerolunar.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

I'll do this after I'm done double checking Nerolunar.
Hey I'm doing that too! :beer:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

you son of a bitch!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Things Nerolunar said about Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom not already covered:
Nerolunar wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Is it bad that I'm not managing to follow the whole Wilgy/Enrique/Dinny argument anymore?

I had to check the poll to understand who is voting for who.
I don´t get it either. Can someone do a TL;DR?

Im not really reading Gleam as scummy. I might just go with a wagon today if someone can convince me of reasons to vote for someone.

Linki Yeah weird behavior from Mongoose.
Nerolunar wrote:
Dom wrote:
....so...why am I bad?

Why?

Dom
WHY?!

Voted for Dom.
W H Y?
This post I think. Its a special case because most of us voted on record of both Mongoose and Draconus´ behavior and prioritized that vote instead of Scotty and Dom was exhibiting really loud behavior and I was thinking that it was weird.

Dom
Nerolunar wrote:Damn. Crappy situation we are in, but I believe that we can still win! I like Sonejis recent posts and GTH he strikes me as civ.

My top scum reads are Chaindeath and Dom. Doms recent posts lacks civ motivation and he does not come off as someone who is struggling to win.
Nerolunar wrote:Looked at Dom´s ISO and its actually not as bad as I remembered. I guess I just didn´t like it in the passing.

I know you guys will probably jump at my throat for this but seriously, I don´t want to sow false suspicion on players. Thank you Sloonei for pointing it out :doh:
Nerolunar wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Okay. Let's return to this post then, Nero:

If you're no longer feeling Dom, who takes his place? Can you do better than two names?
Im thinking Epi or Elohcin.
Nerolunar wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:I am never lynching any of these people on Day 10:

S~V~S
Sloonei
Turnip Head

That means there are 4 baddies here:

chaindeath
Dom
Elohcin
Epignosis
Nerolunar
Soneji

If you're a townie in that pile, then show yourself as brightly as you can. The game is still winnable, somehow, and if you get out of that pile then it's locked.
Aye aye captn.

I think the scum team looks like this:

Chaindeath
Elohcin
Epignosis
Last one is a coin toss between Soneji and Dom. I won´t be advocting to lynch either of these right now though.

I think we should be lynching the person who we think is scum but also if that person can provide us with information to help us continue our pursuit.

So, Epignosis

We should also be careful of bussing and new wagons popping up. There is probably going to be an attempted save at some point.
Nerolunar wrote:That clears Soneji for me then. That leaves out a scum team that looks like this:

Chaindeath
Dom
Elohcin
Epignosis

I can support an Elohcin lynch.

Linki~
Nerolunar wrote:I can support Dom too, obviously.

How much time until EoD?
Nerolunar wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:I think Dom's initial reaction is rather telling though. Instead of staunchly contesting me for essentially calling him a confirmed cop, he just acted like he didn't understand my methods. He should be fighting for his life and getting angry.
I agree.
Nerolunar wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Linki - Epi I have been trying. After realizing it was not going to happen I started to bandwagon more and leave Chaindeath for when people were ready to lynch him. Or well, not leave him entirely as I have voted for him a few times at the beginning of day phases, but when no support came I have been switching to other wagons. my "against wasting votes" ideal came to fruition a few days in.

Epi what do you read Chaindeath as? Which possible scumteam combination do you think is the truth?
How did you start bandwagoning? You have never voted for a single lynched person. Your Day 6 vote was for sig, all by yourself. That was the Day ika got lynched with eight votes (whom you voted for Day 2). Boomslang had six votes. The Day prior you voted Boomslang, but you didn't vote for him Day 6.

I don't see how you throw up your hands on your top suspect only to say you started bandwagoning...when you never bandwagoned a Day in this thing.

I wanted sig lynched for ages, but I'm not going to make that happen by not convincing people to vote him. It eventually happened, even though the result wasn't what I wanted. If chaindeath is your top suspect, then why haven't you tried to get support for a lynch against him?
Well, I have been placing votes in advance due to sleep patterns on the pre-existing wagons at various day phases. Those wagons may not have gone through in the end but I have still tried to put my vote to use on the people who I was suspicious up who were a wagon at the time of my sleep. I have tried to get support for a Chaindeath lynch. I have also been afraid of pushing too hard and tunneling but I have announced my Chaindeath suspicion many times and asked people to evaluate him. No results.
Sloonei wrote: If your alignment is the only thing you've been certain about, why are you willing to trust the Prisoner's assumption that SVS, Turnip, and myself are all town?
Because just as everyone else I think you guys have put up consistent town behavior. I trust the prisoner and his judgment too, so him trusting you settles it.
Epignosis wrote:Nerolunar has gone to bed. I want full responses to what I've said. Nerolunar should be beyond willing to lynch chaindeath right now, but he's not. I want answers.
Wait what? I never said I was not willing to lynch Chaindeath. Its you guys who won´t lynch him, not me. We need to find one suspect and lynch target, and so far none of you believe it could be Chaindeath this phase. Im fine with Dom and Elohcin too, as long as we hit a cop.
Sloonei wrote:~*~Hey townies, look at this post!~*~

We (civs/townies) absolutely cannot split our votes. We have to consolidate all of our votes today. To be a lonewolf voter is essentially to forfeit the game. Please please please get on board with whatever bandwagon we settle on.
Dom
Nerolunar wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Nero, what is your answer to Epi's chaindeath vote?
Its very clever. I think he wants to provoke a reaction from me to try to shift the wagon back on me. I have two choices:

1) Vote for Chaindeath, decreasing the lead on Dom and splitting the wagon. Not a good choice.
2) Not vote for Chaindeath and get accused by Epi for being indecisive, probably causing votes to come back on me. Epi will say something like: "There is a wagon for chaindeath now, why don´t you vote for it? This is what you have been waiting for." and frame me when I don´t.

So far Im keeping my vote on Dom. I don´t want Epi to manipulate me.
Nerolunar wrote:
Dom wrote:What else are we doing but eliminating baddies?

If you feel that someone is bad, why aren't you lynching them?
I am. Right now its night so I can´t really vote for anyone.
Withholding my thoughts until the lynchable people talk.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Things chaindeath said about Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom not already covered:
chaindeath wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hey chaindeath, who do you think the last four cops are?
Chaindeath thinks the cops are probably:
Nerolunar
Dom
Elochin
Soneji

Linki @ Soneji - 4. All votes must be cast in the poll to count. It is considered standard and good form to post at the time of your vote and indicate your vote with bold/underline. Your hosts would very much appreciate that you do this, so please do so, but it is not necessary for your vote to count.

Chaindeath was just trying to adhere to this, had he known it was going to cause such a fuss he wouldn't have. Cripe.
The end.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Things Elohcin and Serge said about Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom not already covered:
Serge wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:DRACONUS

SLOONEI

EPIGNOSIS
Scum
Town
Scum
The end.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Things Epignosis said about Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom not already covered:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm taking my vote off Long Con. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I suspect him. :grin:

agleaminranks, come say something.
Hiii, I'm trying to catch up on the posts so far. I didn't get a chance to read through it yet because I just started my new job today as an afterschool math and physics tutor. I'll have something solid to go on in the next few hours hopefully~ :nicenod:

Oh wow, imagine seeing you in these parts!

In other news, I think it's transcendent that we are having the Voting a Non-Participant discussion again, and on my first day back!. Historically, I am very fond of this tactic (that is, in the absence of anything meatier -we've certainly had meat in the room on day 1, so to speak).
This post just caught my eye. I acknowledge that Mongoose has expressed some pretty legitimate reasons to not be active thus far, but when a player goes out of their way to express both of the thoughts expressed in the bottom paragraph, and then doesn't provide the thread with any meat herself, I can't help but see it as a player who is potentially trying to fluff up their own posts by spouting pro-town sentiments without actually contributing anything to the townie cause. Or the family cause. or whatever.
Putting my vote on Mongoose and then passing out.
Ooh. Now I have a reason to vote for somebody.

Someone ask me why Sloonei is bad.
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose does what Sloonei accused her of. All the time. And I have missed Mongoose something fierce. :hug:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Never have I ever played in a game with Mongoose.
I know. She's a peach.

I'm going to bed. I'll move my vote off you then if I'm satisfied with your apology for suspecting Mongoose.
Epignosis wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Somehow I managed to skip a large post by Soneji.

He makes a good point on Mongoose, though in the last quote, I have to say the fact she is asking about how mafia is played here is because she is back after a long hiatus, during which a lot of people from different communities came here and change the usual playstyle.
I understood the context of how she was trying to come across(as naive of possible new habits), its just that the context in which the question was asked(as a prerequisite to a stated desire to vote lynch Ika) is rather scummy. If the question about voting people to get their attention came prior to a vote on Ika/stated desire to vote Ika, I likely wouldn't find the behavior suspicious. Lack of confidence in your own reads is also more indicative of scum, who don't want to be seen as going after the wrong people or having weak reasoning. If Ika's behavior was in any way normal in the community as it is now, people wouldn't have been suspecting him for it as much as they did D1, which should have clued Mongoose in. Even so, she felt the need to be sure that her reasoning was sound in the eyes of others.
Have you ever met Mongoose before?
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Why are people voting for Draconusgoose?
Silverwolf wrote:Oh I switched my vote to Draconus

I expect sig to be the lynch today but I want to voice my opinions on others I'm suspecting and the fact that Draconus has done very little since replacing reminds me of how myself and others I've seen react to replacing into a scum slot. Be mostly inactive and then just post the bare minimum without really saying much.

I still suspect Soneji for posts that don't really say anything at all and because I think scum are laying low this game while town attacks each other, but I don't see the point of sitting on that vote by myself right now.
Draconus hasn't done much of anything since replacing. Soneji hasn't done anything all game. They both need to be pushed eventually if we are gonna win this. And if they continue, then lynched IMO.
Your pressure doesn't bother aapje at all. Besides, Alice just started playing.

moresque are your thoughts on The Cyber Controller viands votes? Thoughts overthwart thanks?
Like, WTF is this post? Bascially self votes and does no scumhunting or make any attempt at game solving. I mean, yes, he did replace but has had enough time to at least make a decent vote-yet doesn't.
Have you met Draconus before?
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Epi, you don't need meta knowledge to be able to read someone.
No, but you need to know Draconus to get the joke. :meany:
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:OK, First of all looking through Mongoose's posts and I see nothing with any substance to it. Lots of fluff posting and commenting on others opinions-mostly agreeing with them or expanding on them. This is something I can see scum do to appear to be contributing and looking busy.
Mongoose's posts are exactly what I would expect from Mongoose.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about her replacement. Devin (Draconus) has never been someone I can peg right.
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Epignosis

I plan on responding further to what he said but I'm gonna calm down first. However, he's scum.
If I'm bad, what am I doing? Saving ika? Saving Draconus? Please tell me what I would have to gain in engaging you at all. I don't know you from Eve.

If ika is a 7/10, and you voted Draconus instead of him, and now you're voting me over Draconus, that means I'm like a...nine or ten? All because I questioned your ability to judge ika?

Why are you getting worked up that I'm questioning your ability to read your significant other? Is that not fair game? Should I accept your read as gospel and pounce? I daresay you've been less charitable toward people who voted for more reason than that.
Epignosis wrote:This proves to me that Silverwolf has no credibility in reading you. She abandoned you for Draconus and now me. If you are bad, she can't read you.

Q.E.D. :llama:
Epignosis wrote:Draconus- All late morning or pm posts.
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Epi, your thoughts on Dom & Eloh?
I've said I don't think Eloh is bad, though the numbers may suggest otherwise. She likes BTSC too much to abandon a game in which she has it.

Dom is making an effort but still looks lost. I'd call that acting.
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Nerolunar and chaindeath are both cops. Nerolunar says he wants chaindeath lynched but has exhibited little effort to that end. chaindeath has voted Nerolunar twice, but exhibited no effort to that end. Neither one is making a strong effort against the other. At this stage of things, why aren't they at each others' throats?
Who are their team mates?
This is GTH even if I don't like it, isn't it?

Very well.

Soneji and Dom.
Epignosis wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Nero, what is your answer to Epi's chaindeath vote?
Its very clever. I think he wants to provoke a reaction from me to try to shift the wagon back on me. I have two choices:

1) Vote for Chaindeath, decreasing the lead on Dom and splitting the wagon. Not a good choice.
2) Not vote for Chaindeath and get accused by Epi for being indecisive, probably causing votes to come back on me. Epi will say something like: "There is a wagon for chaindeath now, why don´t you vote for it? This is what you have been waiting for." and frame me when I don´t.

So far Im keeping my vote on Dom. I don´t want Epi to manipulate me.
Nerolunar: I've been trying to lynch chaindeath for days but no one will vote for him.
Epignosis: Let's lynch chaindeath.
Nerolunar: No. I don't want you to manipulate me. We can't split the wagon.

You and chaindeath are teammates trying to hold it together for the home stretch. You don't really want chaindeath lynched, and your vote on Dom isn't from belief that he is bad, it's based on not "splitting the wagon." But since when have you ever been concerned with a bandwagon staying together?

Prisoner, I read your review. I still see kid gloves. Nerolunar's refusal to vote chaindeath now and his reasons for refusing tell me his chaindeath "suspicion" is a sham.
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote::rolleyes:
Are you trying to tell us that you believe Dom and Turnip Head are the two dons?
No. People have been making an assumption all game that is rooted in error.

How many roles can survive a lynch?
5, that we know of. The two Dons, the two stool pigeons, the Pief of Cholice. But the Chief's lynch doesn't just not happen, it "passes down", presumably to another Cop. Plus we have two dead Stool Pigeons, though one of them (boomslang) could have been the undercover cop.
You're on the right track, but please rephrase. :huh:
No, just say the thing you're trying to get out of me.
The answer is four. You named them. There's two Dons, and there's two Stool Pigeons.

The stool pigeons can get out of a lynch just the same as an arrest (the two are effectively the same). But only once. I checked with the host. :grin:

Both stool pigeons got lynched, meaning neither knew of this aspect of their role, or they had been arrested already, or one of them is the seemer.

TH and Dom have both survived lynches. They don't have to be Dons to do that, and you seemed to be arguing that they did. I don't agree.

chaindeath
Nerolunar
Soneji
Elohcin
This guy gripes about my post count; he has too many damned posts. :meany:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Something that stands out to me in the posts highlighted by the Prisoner above, and in Nerolunar's post history all game long, is his willingness to change his mind. I think scum players can sometimes tend to be more stubborn, to pick a couple of false targets to focus on and stick with them as long as they are able. Nerolunar has been openly changing his stance on people all game long, and to me this progression looks very natural. He's had very little trouble, to my eye, articulating his thoughts and providing reasons to account for his changes of mind. That is to say, I find the progression of his thoughts throughout this game to be believable. There are a few pings here and there but on the whole his game looks too relaxed and not calculated enough for me to think he's a bad guy. I've only read 3 of the 4 pages of his post history so far, but at the moment this is how I'm feeling.

dem linkis.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Things Soneji said about Mongoose, Draconus, and Dom not already covered:
Soneji wrote:

He makes a good point on Mongoose, though in the last quote, I have to say the fact she is asking about how mafia is played here is because she is back after a long hiatus, during which a lot of people from different communities came here and change the usual playstyle.
I understood the context of how she was trying to come across(as naive of possible new habits), its just that the context in which the question was asked(as a prerequisite to a stated desire to vote lynch Ika) is rather scummy. If the question about voting people to get their attention came prior to a vote on Ika/stated desire to vote Ika, I likely wouldn't find the behavior suspicious. Lack of confidence in your own reads is also more indicative of scum, who don't want to be seen as going after the wrong people or having weak reasoning. If Ika's behavior was in any way normal in the community as it is now, people wouldn't have been suspecting him for it as much as they did D1, which should have clued Mongoose in. Even so, she felt the need to be sure that her reasoning was sound in the eyes of others.
Soneji wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

See I didn't feel great about that Soneji post. And looking at his 7 post ISO he seems to pick a different target every day. Odd.
What is odd about it? On day one I voted DDL as up to where I was his distracting talk of traitors looked to be the best lead. Day 2 I read the current discussion while skimming back as best I could in the time I had and I agreed with the case on Ika most. While I could have continued with that, its really a shell of how I best operate, reading thoroughly from beginning to end and pointing out posts of note. Without prior behavior to compare to, making proper reads on people, especially ones I don't know like I do on NF, can be rather difficult. I have always been a lone wolf operator, making my own cases and pushing my own leads above all else.

I went with Golden yesterday because up until the point I had read he was the most suspicious, with DDL in second and Ika on a backburner after the Fuzz lynch. Mongoose is the most scummy from my current reading, with DDL looking less scummy than he did prior.
Soneji wrote:Lets look at the numbers here. There are four cops to eight civs, if we assume that the seemer has been lynched. The cops will arrest at least one player tonight, potentially two. Lets assume the former, that puts us at four cops, seven civs. A mislynch next day phase will put as at best 4 vs 5 after the subsequent night phase. So at most, we can afford one mislynch if the cops don't get lucky with their 20% chance of lynching a second player.

The Scotty lynch was based on meta reasoning mainly, from how he acted in another game I wasn't in. I have had Epi try to shoot down my suspicion on Mongoose for meta reasons, SVS was saying Epi wouldn't tunnel sig if he was mafia due to meta reasons, etc...it seems this site has an over reliance on meta. Even the suspicion on me has never fully taken off as people are hesitant due to not knowing my meta. We need to stop thinking about meta and just judge the actions by themselves.
Soneji wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Soneji wrote:Lets look at the numbers here. There are four cops to eight civs, if we assume that the seemer has been lynched. The cops will arrest at least one player tonight, potentially two. Lets assume the former, that puts us at four cops, seven civs. A mislynch next day phase will put as at best 4 vs 5 after the subsequent night phase. So at most, we can afford one mislynch if the cops don't get lucky with their 20% chance of lynching a second player.

The Scotty lynch was based on meta reasoning mainly, from how he acted in another game I wasn't in. I have had Epi try to shoot down my suspicion on Mongoose for meta reasons, SVS was saying Epi wouldn't tunnel sig if he was mafia due to meta reasons, etc...it seems this site has an over reliance on meta. Even the suspicion on me has never fully taken off as people are hesitant due to not knowing my meta. We need to stop thinking about meta and just judge the actions by themselves.
What are some actions you judge to be suspicious?
Epi's avoidance of the Fuzz lynch and tunneling of sig all game. Mongoose's lack of contributions when she was in the game while posting in a way that made her seem contributive, with a weird focus on getting a vote in(wanted to do a vote trade with TH so as not to vote "randomly"). Chaindeath as a whole.
Soneji wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:I don't choose to distrust you, Soneji. It just happened because game circumstance has dictated that. What can you show me in your post history and votes that you believe evidences a pro-town mindset?
I have pursued multiple suspects for my own reasons, tried to stop potential towning by arguing against what I found to be faulty reasoning a few times and been forthcoming in answering questions. Most of my main suspects are still alive, chaindeath and Mongoose/Dom from early in the game and for the last several phases Epi. I have been wrong about TH and potentially both of Ika and Boomslang. I wasn't around for the Fuzz lynch, though in the moment I probably wouldn't have agreed with it, as I explained in my read of Quin.
Soneji wrote:Got replacements mixed up. Dom replaced Mongoose. With the error in Prisoner's match-ups of Dom being corrected to show no likely scenario that hes town as well.

Dom
Soneji wrote:What I can say that Nero and chaindeath have that Dom and Elo don't, are what appear to be thoughts of their own, they are not straight sheeping. Dom has been straight sheeping and while he replaced late hes had several cycles now to form some opinions of his own. I haven't really seen any. Mongoose was the epitome of someone who contributes nothing while giving the illusion that they have.

Elochin has been completely absent here despite posting in the Spirited Away game. I don't remember anything that made me feel good about Serge who she replaced.

That these two came out looking the worst in process of elimination isn't really surprising.
Soneji wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:DRACONUS

SLOONEI

EPIGNOSIS
Cop

Town

Town
Soneji wrote::ponder:

Theory: Dom is a Don, Epi is his Consigliere. Resulting scum team:

Sloonei
chaindeath
Nero
Elohcin
Soneji wrote:There goes that tinfoil. So its between Dom and TH for the other Don. Dom is the more suspicious overall of the two. Who would have been TH's Consigliere from what people remember?
Lots. Not all of it is perfectly chronological because of the replacements.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:Something that stands out to me in the posts highlighted by the Prisoner above, and in Nerolunar's post history all game long, is his willingness to change his mind. I think scum players can sometimes tend to be more stubborn, to pick a couple of false targets to focus on and stick with them as long as they are able. Nerolunar has been openly changing his stance on people all game long, and to me this progression looks very natural. He's had very little trouble, to my eye, articulating his thoughts and providing reasons to account for his changes of mind. That is to say, I find the progression of his thoughts throughout this game to be believable. There are a few pings here and there but on the whole his game looks too relaxed and not calculated enough for me to think he's a bad guy. I've only read 3 of the 4 pages of his post history so far, but at the moment this is how I'm feeling.

dem linkis.
Non-concurrence. I thought he was the worst-looking player.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Something that stands out to me in the posts highlighted by the Prisoner above, and in Nerolunar's post history all game long, is his willingness to change his mind. I think scum players can sometimes tend to be more stubborn, to pick a couple of false targets to focus on and stick with them as long as they are able. Nerolunar has been openly changing his stance on people all game long, and to me this progression looks very natural. He's had very little trouble, to my eye, articulating his thoughts and providing reasons to account for his changes of mind. That is to say, I find the progression of his thoughts throughout this game to be believable. There are a few pings here and there but on the whole his game looks too relaxed and not calculated enough for me to think he's a bad guy. I've only read 3 of the 4 pages of his post history so far, but at the moment this is how I'm feeling.

dem linkis.
Non-concurrence. I thought he was the worst-looking player.
why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:why?
Stay tuned, I have yet another project in the works.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Here are some non-interactive tidbits from Nero that are just yikes to me at face value.
Nerolunar wrote:
ika wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
What are you going to do if Silverwolf appears to you as town? Who are you going to vote for today if you don´t have any reads? :ponder:

@ Matt I agree that is strange. But is it alignment indicative? I don´t think so.
wh i always do: work with her and sort out reads that we cant agree on and try to make a cohesive town bloc of players. i would prob go isoing then and read people to see what i cna find if i sort her
So you are developing reads? Just before you said you weren´t going to make reads on people day 1 :ponder: But thanks for clarifying.

I like that you and Silverwolf can cooperate like this, provided that both of you are good. I will keep an eye on you :eye: Could very well be that both of you are baddies.
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:Wait, quite a few people have been voicing disagreement against the Gleam wagon. Is this a coordinated cop effort to steer the thread in a specific direction? :ponder:
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:Wow.

Well, if you can´t reference to posts and find bits of proof then how do you want us to agree with you? Why do you want to do ISO´s if you don´t want to analyse them?

Man. :eye:
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Sorry Wilgy. I can't vote for you anymore. Something else came up.
Nerolunar wrote:Wait, quite a few people have been voicing disagreement against the Gleam wagon. Is this a coordinated cop effort to steer the thread in a specific direction? :ponder:
Go on...
Nerolunar wrote:Wow.

Well, if you can´t reference to posts and find bits of proof then how do you want us to agree with you? Why do you want to do ISO´s if you don´t want to analyse them?

Man. :eye:
Uh-huh. Nerolunar. Is the thread being steered? Who is doing the driving?
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:What the hell have I been reading the past few pages?
Have you figured it out yet?
No. A grammar and spelling manual would do wonders. :meany:
ika wrote:i do analize them
Ooooow. :puppy:
Pursuing Ika right then seemed much more appropiate than trying to focus on the disagreement with the Gleam lynch. I got some fine answers from him that made me vote for him. We got to know Ika better and thats way more valuable than following through with my previous thoughts.

It pinged me that you were so quick to vote for me based on this. Were you pinged by me before? If so, where and why? :mafia:
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:
sig wrote:Voting Epignosis for the time. I don't have much to go on, but I've got a bad gut read of him, I also don't see the gleam lynch what so ever. I think between Gleam and Ika, Ika is more likely to be bad.
Before you were pinged by me, and now you vote for my accuser? Don´t get me wrong, Im happy that you don´t find me suspicious anymore, but this looks a tad opportunistic to me :eye:
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:Yay! Well done on the lynch.

Im not so sure on Ika anymore. Im more inclined to lynching Epi right now, though I will have to wait for the night to end before making any reads. We should have fresh information by then.
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:I think Im going to vote for Chaindeath. He voted for LC based on nothing earlier today, when the only thing LC had posted IIRC was an argument against the everyone-vote-for-everyone plan. Still getting mixed signals from Gleam, but I will let him slide this round.

See y`all tomorrow.
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:Im still reading Ika as bad. I understand that we are unfamilliar with his playstyle, but I just can´t get around how it looks. Recently he has only posted pictures without words, not really been providing thoughts or reads and previously he would say stuff like "Just lynch this already". It doesn´t look to me like he is really trying. What townstyle exhibits that?

I guess he is working and doesn´t have time to respond properly, but if he doesn´t do it soon I will be voting for him.
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:Sig.

You didn´t answer my question or follow up on our discussion :) Whats up? Im pinged by you you know.
Haha yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:Okay Quin - I missed that.

Dragon is that a bad thing? Im convinced Chaindeath is scum and Im trying to get people to vote for him. I know Im tunneling, but I won´t change my opinion unless Chaindeath proves he is civ in the following phases.
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:I believe we should lynch Sig.

Right now lynching Sig is almost the only thing we are talking about. Are we going to talk about him next cycle too? It feels like we are not getting anywhere, and I would much rather get the paranoia out of the way asap. I think we can have a more clear approach to things once we are not as occupied with lynching Sig.

Will keeping Sig alive solve any problems? In my opinion, no. Rather, if he flips bad we can probably clear Golden and that would be really beneficial.
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:Also, thank you Scotty for seeing for what Im seeing in regards to Chaindeath.
This isn't yikes so much as it's textbook team mate b/s (with chaindeath). Epi was right to say I was wearing kid gloves before.
Nerolunar wrote:Anyways, its confusing that all these prisoners have showed up. I would like you guys to only talk on topic and try to maximize town effort - It will be dificult to find scum if half of the thread is off topic or not helpful from now on. So help us hunt scum instead of running around verbally if you know what I mean. I mean no offense by this, obviously.

Chaindeath

I ask everyone to evaluate Chaindeaths posts and tell me how he can possibly be civ. Im so tunnel minded on this and it would be cool if other people would provide reads on him. Im interested to see why some of you are townreading him, because I simply can´t.
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:That GTH exercise you guys did earlier was really interesting to read, and I am going to make one for myself too now. I don´t understand why so many of you find me scummy though, but to be honest Im not really scared. I guess I haven´t been investing that much effort in to this game(haven´t really done ISOs and such) and I understand why that might seem scummy to you. However, I believe that there are objectively worse looking players at the moment, and I want to lynch Sig this round. I believe that he is indeed scum, and has recently found his footing so he can continue to slip away of lynches. I say we lynch Sig once and for all.
Yikes.
Nerolunar wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:I am never lynching any of these people on Day 10:

S~V~S
Sloonei
Turnip Head

That means there are 4 baddies here:

chaindeath
Dom
Elohcin
Epignosis
Nerolunar
Soneji

If you're a townie in that pile, then show yourself as brightly as you can. The game is still winnable, somehow, and if you get out of that pile then it's locked.
Aye aye captn.

I think the scum team looks like this:

Chaindeath
Elohcin
Epignosis
Last one is a coin toss between Soneji and Dom. I won´t be advocting to lynch either of these right now though.

I think we should be lynching the person who we think is scum but also if that person can provide us with information to help us continue our pursuit.

So, Epignosis

We should also be careful of bussing and new wagons popping up. There is probably going to be an attempted save at some point.
YIKES.
Nerolunar wrote:I could see that vote for Chaindeath by Epi as a bussing attempt. Chaindeath is barely here anyway, so its not unlikely that he is the member they would most like to sacrifice.
He already knows chaindeath's alignment.
This guy has been scummy at every turn, and instead of noticing it I've spent my time being preoccupied by murdering Epignosis and the fact that a bad Epi likely means a good Nero. Reverse that please.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'll wait for Nero to respond to that before I say anything.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner, GTH you have to pick one person to vote for today, who do you choose?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:why?
Stay tuned, I have yet another project in the works.
Here's a specific answer to your "why?". I pulled all of the tidbits I thought looked either bad or awful and left them isolated in quotes.
Nerolunar wrote:Linki Yeah weird behavior from Mongoose.
Nerolunar wrote:Doms recent posts lacks civ motivation and he does not come off as someone who is struggling to win.
Nerolunar wrote:Looked at Dom´s ISO and its actually not as bad as I remembered. I guess I just didn´t like it in the passing.
Nerolunar wrote:Last one is a coin toss between Soneji and Dom. I won´t be advocting to lynch either of these right now though.
Nerolunar wrote:I can support Dom too, obviously.
Nerolunar wrote:So far Im keeping my vote on Dom. I don´t want Epi to manipulate me.
I don't think the language sounds natural, contrary to your read. I've also seen and done that "coin flip" thing at the end of a scum list before to obscure a team mate. If Nero is bad, I might strongly town read Soneji just based on that one moment.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:Prisoner, GTH you have to pick one person to vote for today, who do you choose?
Nerolunar. I'm continuously thinking of the game in terms of a team though, and right now I think these are the three remaining cops:

Nerolunar
Elohcin
chaindeath

Soneji and Epignosis remain the wildcards, with Elohcin being my least confident cop read.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I simply do not agree with you on Nero. And you seem to not agree with me on Epi. We agree on chaindeath. Elohcin is also my least confident cop read because there isn't any content there. We'd be better off if Serge had just stayed in the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TURNIP HEAD! Help us. Who should we lynch: Epi or Nero?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Turnip Head, we need your guidance and wisdom.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I also went back to look at Nero's previous two (scum) games on the Syndicate (Arkham and Zodiac) and feel like he's expressed himself a lot more confidently and consistently in this game than in either of those. But one would have to assume that his scum game would change with three consecutive performances, so I'm not sure how much weight I put into that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”