The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 3]

Post by bea »

zeek wrote:Okay, so I am making the biggest U-turn in the world ever. Made wasn't lying.

And the Mad Hatter is a very naughty boy.
sooo...how does this change how you see things? I'd imagine you see things diffently now?

btw - I'm not suprised that some one is having to make a u-turn on made - or that it's you.

also RIP INH. I wanted to fuck with you "program" more than I got to. :sigh:

I don't get why peeps said that was an odd kill choice any more than I got why peeps thought br was an odd kill choice. Killing INH - puts suspish directly on booms. Whom Made was made to vote for and Dom voted for of his own accord.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

zeek wrote:Okay, so I am making the biggest U-turn in the world ever. Made wasn't lying.

hi, guys, waiting for dinner to finish, so i got a bit of time.

Anyways, zeek, first, don't say who you need to vote for,
Now, how do you know if it was the mad hatter? what gave it away?

Also, was there any mention of shapes in your message? (don't say what shapes)

Gonna continue catching up while i have time in reverse chronological, but i gotta get this out there.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

Yeah, I suppose so. It's not a secret role anyway, it's the Mad Hatter at work here. My vote is not forced, but I gotta change it up.

Sorry Made, should have believed you.

Don't know where this leaves me on everyone else. I'll think about that in the morning.

linki - The quote.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Dom »

Made wrote:

hi, guys, waiting for dinner to finish, so i got a bit of time.

Anyways, zeek, first, don't say who you need to vote for,
Now, how do you know if it was the mad hatter? what gave it away?

Also, was there any mention of shapes in your message? (don't say what shapes)

Gonna continue catching up while i have time in reverse chronological, but i gotta get this out there.
Well, it looks like you were being truthful... but I still don't get how this undermines the role because we'll find out who he needs to vote for because he'll vote for them?
Like????
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

It's different. My vote isn't forced.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

No shapes, no :confused:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I'm guessing just by the lack of secrets that the hatter can do more than we think. He can change what he asks peeps to do etc.

I think the fact that made called his vote for being hatter enduced and zeek having do do something else hatter related goes far.

Hatter is indy so chaos for chaos sake is fun in that particular role. Again - not knowing his win conditions.

Still doesn't make Made civ, but it doesn't make him bad for the reasons he got votes.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Don't have time to catch up atm, but just want to get this out there:
zeek wrote:It's different. My vote isn't forced.
Well that throws a giant monkey wrench in what I was thinking... are you allowed to say more?

Also, here was my thought before you said that (and the reason I voted dom on the wand poll...kinda confused on why people followed me on that but, w/e)
I think Dom is Indy, specifically Hatter. My guess is that there's a caveat in the hatter's role saying that if he forces someone to vote, he must also vote that way. I guess this could translate further and say that now has to do w/e action zeek has to?

This idea would be supported by the idea that Dom's Case on Boomslang was a weak one, something i haven't had time to look into yet.
Thoughts? I'm not sure how this theory would be affected by what Zeek must do.

Dinner, back either tomorrow or late tonight.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

given how dom played indi in who - I don't think if he had that kind of role he's be that obvious unless he had to be.

also- made - you never answered my question. Had your vote not been forced, and if you hadn't had to save yourself, who would you have voted for last cycle?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Made wrote:Don't have time to catch up atm, but just want to get this out there:
zeek wrote:It's different. My vote isn't forced.
Well that throws a giant monkey wrench in what I was thinking... are you allowed to say more?

Also, here was my thought before you said that (and the reason I voted dom on the wand poll...kinda confused on why people followed me on that but, w/e)
I think Dom is Indy, specifically Hatter. My guess is that there's a caveat in the hatter's role saying that if he forces someone to vote, he must also vote that way. I guess this could translate further and say that now has to do w/e action zeek has to?

This idea would be supported by the idea that Dom's Case on Boomslang was a weak one, something i haven't had time to look into yet.
Thoughts? I'm not sure how this theory would be affected by what Zeek must do.

Dinner, back either tomorrow or late tonight.
wat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Night 2]

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote: “The Sorting Hat says you, nijuukyugou, belong in the House of Proctoring.” Dumbledore shook his head and added, “Good luck next week.”
:evileye:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

bea wrote:given how dom played indi in who - I don't think if he had that kind of role he's be that obvious unless he had to be.

also- made - you never answered my question. Had your vote not been forced, and if you hadn't had to save yourself, who would you have voted for last cycle?
didn't answer because I wanted to just mega post tomorrow. I would of voted DH, but Interactions between Llama and DH were weird. With Llama flipping civvie, I want to reread DH, but want to take care Hattie Hatterson business first.

linki- since hattie isn 't a straight lynch force, I was looking for some other kinda of flag, and found it interesting that you would vote boom rather than with a vote that had an effect on who died. So i want to investigate that further.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I don't have to vote anyone in particular, I just have to change my vote during the day. Hence, I've self-voted.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Juliets, thanks for clarifying. I realize now I should have used different language -- "I THINK you're lying" v. "You're lying". Because what I've learned from Cars and other games is that I really just don't know whether you're lying, despite if I really feel like you are.

I understand your reasoning now, but I just wonder why you weren't more transparent with that when you were able to post after the contest was over.

It's odd because you felt strongly about Made lying, but you then voted Llama, so it stuck out to me.

How do you feel about Made now?
MP, lol I didn't play Cars but I understand what you mean in the games we have played together. I think it's because my style is pretty consistent regardless of alignment.

As to why I didn't post when the contest was over I just didn't think about it immediately though I should have. I can understand why you would question that because it did look odd.

As for right now I'm still not inclined to think Made is bad for many of the same reasons as others. Mainly I feel like we must be missing some pieces of the puzzle of the whole forced vote brouhaha. Made very well be bad but I no longer feel there is enough to vote for him. As always, I have to add that further evidence could change my mind.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Made wrote:
bea wrote:given how dom played indi in who - I don't think if he had that kind of role he's be that obvious unless he had to be.

didn't answer because I wanted to just mega post tomorrow. I would of voted DH, but Interactions between Llama and DH were weird. With Llama flipping civvie, I want to reread DH, but want to take care Hattie Hatterson business first.

linki- since hattie isn 't a straight lynch force, I was looking for some other kinda of flag, and found it interesting that you would vote boom rather than with a vote that had an effect on who died. So i want to investigate that further.
I have suspected Boom since day one. Would you have rather I voted for you? Like????
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well this has certainly made things more interesting... Another Mad Hatter claim would seem to verify what Made was saying, would it not?

Dom, I think a fair amount of the MP voters gave a reason. I kind of think I can do a fair job reading MP, and I feel pretty sure he is a civ based upon what I've seen so far.

I don't understand why people are suspicious of Elo, I've seen nothing out of the ordinary in her play so far.

I think it is likely that we had civ v civ action on Day 2 and the baddies let us run with it. It's an easy out for two lynches if they did, because it would not be until made flipped before we realized it.

I am going to do some re-reading to see if anything jumps out at me.

Linki: I don't see any reasonable connection between the Hatter and Dom.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

nijuukyugou wrote:
Epignosis wrote: “The Sorting Hat says you, nijuukyugou, belong in the House of Proctoring.” Dumbledore shook his head and added, “Good luck next week.”
:evileye:
Something tells me next week sucks it for blooper. :hug: Quit being a dick Epi!! :srsnod:
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Also, I fear BR may have been the Card Czar. No CAH stuff tonight.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Dom, I think a fair amount of the MP voters gave a reason. I kind of think I can do a fair job reading MP, and I feel pretty sure he is a civ based upon what I've seen so far.
I consider your input here valuable. I do.
I don't think people supported their MP votes.
Timmer
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 16#p105916
Rey posted nothing.
Boomslang posted nothing.
Russ
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 61#p105961

This is the same amount of people that voted me, total, if you include myself.
MP does not seem concerned with this.
No one seemed concerned with this, however people definitely were concerned with the amount of votes I received (4- 1 being mine). And those concerns were raised with this post:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 34#p105834

He also investigated, specifically, why Mongoose wanted to vote me because she gave little reason. He had no intention of investigating his own no-reason voters. However, not only that, but MP seemed to expect me to suspect Mongoose for this here:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 83#p105783

Can you see how I feel very mixed on MP?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I was concerned, Dom, but I have to rethink everything now anyway :P
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

zeek wrote:Also, I fear BR may have been the Card Czar. No CAH stuff tonight.
That's a fair point too. I was already too sad BR was too soon taken from this game. :(
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Timmer and Rey

Timmer and Rey both voted for MP without any reason in the Night 2 poll.
Timmer and Rey were partners in the Day 2 challenge. I will show you the entirety of their posts.

Timmer started it with:
timmer wrote:Trash Team 4LYF!

:noble:

Rey then said:
reywaS wrote:hmm.
Timmer said:
timmer wrote:
You going to be around tonight, pardner? I need to get caught up in the game but I don't want to have to do it in one giant post, lol.
He indicates his intention to participate.
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
You going to be around tonight, pardner? I need to get caught up in the game but I don't want to have to do it in one giant post, lol.
I'm sorry. Yes, I'll be around for a little while.
Rey is like yeah dude pls
timmer wrote:
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
Alas, I saw this too late, and now I must head to bed.
Timmer then says that it's "too late" to play.
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
Apologies. And now I've lost track of the days...I've been thinking all day that today was Friday. Not sure where I'm going to vote...I was thinking I had another day. phooey.
Rey apologizes.

This is literally everything they said on Day 2.
This is highly suspicious to me. Rey went from hunting baddies to chatting with Timmer enough to say all this useless back and forth. This rings as baddie behavior to me. Illusion of participation + talking enough to compete the in the contest, but not to play the game.

I will admit, I remember their day 2 being lengthier when I announced my suspicion of timmer and rey, but I still suspect them for this.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Dom wrote:Timmer and Rey

Timmer and Rey were partners in the Day 2 challenge. I will show you the entirety of their posts.

Timmer started it with:

Rey then said:
Timmer said:
timmer wrote:
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
timmer wrote:
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
Apologies. And now I've lost track of the days...I've been thinking all day that today was Friday. Not sure where I'm going to vote...I was thinking I had another day. phooey.
Rey apologizes.

This is highly suspicious to me. Rey went from hunting baddies to chatting with Timmer enough to say all this useless back and forth. This rings as baddie behavior to me. Illusion of participation + talking enough to compete the in the contest, but not to play the game.

I will admit, I remember their day 2 being lengthier when I announced my suspicion of timmer and rey, but I still suspect them for this.
Timmer also voted for me without saying a word which made me very upset with him. Will pursue this and more tomorrow, for real tho, I need to go.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

of all the stuff you posted there domdom - the part i find most noteworthy is that Timmer didn't want to do a GIGANTOR post - while he was catsiping up. And his partner not posting, felt like a convinient excuse to NOT post what thoughts he had along the way. I know Timmer is a busy guy, but I also know if he only had one post to get his thoughts out during a massive re-read - I'm every bit right to be leary of a post that should have been full of notes and stuff and ended up being 'opps sorry to late - I guess I have NOTHING to say about the reread I said I was doing right now."
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:An addon to that, DH. I am not as sure today. I have been rather unsuccessful this game :( So I want to do some targeted rereading.

Linki, it's up there^^
Yeah thats fine. I was gonna mention your vote of me, but Galavant (which I will review next week BTW) was coming on and I wanted to hit the bullet points.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dom wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Timmer
Rey posted nothing.
Russ

No one seemed concerned with this, however people definitely were concerned with the amount of votes I received (4- 1 being mine). And those concerns were raised with this post:

He also investigated, specifically, why Mongoose wanted to vote me because she gave little reason. He had no intention of investigating his own no-reason voters. However, not only that, but MP seemed to expect me to suspect Mongoose for this here:

h

I can see what you are saying, however I got the impression he was surprised by people voting for him. He also said this when asked about it:
movingpictures07 wrote:
bea wrote:also - alex - do you find it sketchy that so many people are putting their trust in you?
I'm not sure if I feel it is sketchy. I am definitely surprised; I did not expect it at all. I don't necessarily understand the benefit of baddies voting for me unless they're trying to gain cred or something, but even then, there are multiple baddie teams. However, I do wonder if some of the votes are trying to avoid serious questioning, such as Boomslang, Russtifinko, etc. They don't really explain why I deserve their votes. So that does raise my eyebrow.

But I am pleased, since I promise I will put it to good use if I do win.
Those who did not give reason he admits to finding strange...

I don't ask you to take my reason as evidence, since you have no idea of my alignment either, I was only reiterating my reason because it felt like you were dismissing all his voters as not having given reasons. I know at least myself, SVS, and Juliets gave reasons. I can't remember if there were others off the top of my head, I would have to look back.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Screwed up the quotes. Annoying.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

bea wrote:of all the stuff you posted there domdom - the part i find most noteworthy is that Timmer didn't want to do a GIGANTOR post - while he was catsiping up. And his partner not posting, felt like a convinient excuse to NOT post what thoughts he had along the way. I know Timmer is a busy guy, but I also know if he only had one post to get his thoughts out during a massive re-read - I'm every bit right to be leary of a post that should have been full of notes and stuff and ended up being 'opps sorry to late - I guess I have NOTHING to say about the reread I said I was doing right now."
Exactly.
Everything seemed like an easy excuse to get out of posting.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

screwed up quotes or no - I got what ou were saying.\

yea- I agree completely with you re: timmer -

I look forward to his response now that we don't have the posting restrictions. :)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

With Zeeks post I have to admit to a little egg on my face RE: Made.

Made is a nutjob who I fully expect would try to pull an Oceans 11 level caper. Zeek, on the other hand, is far more straightforward in my experience. So I think some re-evaluating is definitely in order. Not gonna give Made a pass QUITE yet though

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Dom wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Timmer
Rey posted nothing.
Russ

h

I can see what you are saying, however I got the impression he was surprised by people voting for him. He also said this when asked about it:
movingpictures07 wrote:
bea wrote:also - alex - do you find it sketchy that so many people are putting their trust in you?
I'm not sure if I feel it is sketchy. I am definitely surprised; I did not expect it at all. I don't necessarily understand the benefit of baddies voting for me unless they're trying to gain cred or something, but even then, there are multiple baddie teams. However, I do wonder if some of the votes are trying to avoid serious questioning, such as Boomslang, Russtifinko, etc. They don't really explain why I deserve their votes. So that does raise my eyebrow.

Those who did not give reason he admits to finding strange...

I don't ask you to take my reason as evidence, since you have no idea of my alignment either, I was only reiterating my reason because it felt like you were dismissing all his voters as not having given reasons. I know at least myself, SVS, and Juliets gave reasons. I can't remember if there were others off the top of my head, I would have to look back.
I just think MP passed a double standard, ya feel? I feel like there must be a motivation for that double standard. Why investigation for me and surprise for him?
Ya know?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom, I don't find your case on timmer and reywaS convincing. I am intrigued to hear their responses, but I don't think that really holds any substance. I find it difficult to read timmer since he hasn't posted much so far. I also do not believe timmer needs an excuse not to post; as a civvie and a baddie, I have seen him post aggressively, but I also have seen him be less active due to RL.

Dom wrote: I do feel you are being unnecessarily aggressive. "Can you explain that?" I asked what you wanted me to even explain. You still have not told me that.
Again, if I think that Made might be bad, and he narrowly avoids a lynch against a civ-- what might that lead me to believe? You are ignoring my points.
ANNNNNNNNNNNND apparently I'm "high" on your possible suspect list again (after making you feel better, and then. . . people trusted. . . ME?!) That's funny, MP. I wasn't on your suspect list last time you posted your top 3.
Oh, well, you misinterpreted my tone. "Can you explain that?" was merely a question. I was asking you to explain your (and others') thoughts about Made.

Did you not see my post thereafter? I said you're not my #2 or probably not even close. You were previously. You did make me feel a bit better with your one response, yes, but that doesn't mean I stopped suspecting you.

That is correct. You still might not be in my top 3, honestly. I just said "high" on my suspect list since I distrust you more than "most" players at the moment.

Dom wrote: Let me put it another way, Bea. . .

MP had no problem with 9 people trusting him.
MP has a problem with 3 people trusting me. MP wants me to question why they trust me.
But no one dare question why people trust MP. . .

Interesting, no? Not damning, but hey-- I find it weird.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Ah, seems night has ended! RIPIYWG INH. Weird choice for a kill.

Dom, I forgot to address one other item in that last post of mine. I also called out LC with this N2 poll, but I realize I called you out more strongly. This is because you were #2 on my suspects list at some point during the last cycle and LC has dropped off my top suspects. I don't trust either of you, and I wouldn't say you are #2 anymore, Dom, but if I had to say I would state that I'm feeling a bit more worried about you than LC at the moment. And I believe I explained this previously, but if I haven't adequately, let me know.
See you folks later!
Your "suspicion" of me is based on you not liking my boomslang suspicion nor my made suspicion. I don't see good reasons for you to suspect me, tbh.
I wonder what you'll think of my rey/timmer suspicion when I present it on day 3. :)
Not true, Dom. I didn't have a "problem" with anything; I merely asked players for clarification as to why they trusted you, since the reasons were FAR from apparent from every player who voted for you. I also suspected you more than practically most players. So you can understand why I was questioning people. I also questioned people in general to explain their votes, not just your voters.

You ignore the fact that you received the second most votes and that no one other than LC really was ever in the running for the poll.

Also:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Before leaving the thread earlier, I thought that Daisy's vouch for me would be the main reason that others would even follow suit, but oddly no one has mentioned that. She has a track record of bringing me down as a baddie in every game in recent memory that we've played together. I think the only game I've really tricked her in since the conception of this site was MOTU, but that's partially because I helped take her out early. :feb:

What do you think of them? Do you think it's sketchy?
I express concern here, Dom. I am not going to wildly question every single player who didn't express their reasoning yesterday individually because that would take too long. I was questioning those who voted for you in the MOMENT because the vote was really close and people were voting for you, someone I highly suspected as being bad, and those people hadn't stated reasons.

At that time, Boomslang, Russ, and timmer had NOT voted for me.

By the time I came back, I had pretty much won the poll. I didn't have reason to individually question every player, since I had already mentioned them in my response to bea, and since at that point I had won the poll.

It doesn't mean I don't find the votes odd or that I don't find those players suspicious. I will admit that it pushes Boomslang and Russ up my radar, even though I didn't find anything odd with Boomslang before.

Dom wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Timmer
Rey posted nothing.
Russ

I investigated why Mongoose said she trusted everyone she listed. Not you. She still gave no reason even when I asked her.

Your arguments just strike me as reaching, Dom.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That said, Dom, I am disappointed that rey and timmer haven't been posting more, so hopefully your case will bring them more out to the woodwork.

I find it notable that DH and Boomslang were heavily suspected and dropped completely off the radar for D2 -- and that now hardly anyone is really mentioning either of them. How do players feel about them, particularly those who haven't talked about them yet?

Personally, I still feel very wary of DH. I felt OK about Boomslang, but I am starting to wonder more about him now.

And why is no one ever discussing DFaraday except me and FZ.? What do players think of him?

DH, has your mind changed about Llama v. Made voters now with zeek's revelation? Also, I must have missed why you think Bass is worth looking at -- why do you think that?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

My argument for what, MP?

You absolutely had a problem with me getting votes, MP. Absolutely. It is a lie to say otherwise:
MovingPictures07 wrote:DH, juliets, and DFaraday need to be very closely examined, IMO.

I also do not like the fact that Dom has three votes. Why are people trusting him?
"I do not like the fact that Dom has three votes."

You say I ignore that I came in second place.
I say that you ignore that you won by a margin of 6 votes.
You ignore that I was tied with LC until I voted at the very end.

Anyway, I am saying this gives me mixed feelings about you because people who I think have a good read of you say one thing, but I see the opposite.

MP-- why are you wondering more about Boomslang now?

And I haven't seen anything about DFaraday to make me worry yet.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DH, has your mind changed about Llama v. Made voters now with zeek's revelation? Also, I must have missed why you think Bass is worth looking at -- why do you think that?
Yes and no. Whether or not Made was lying about Mad Hatter has no direct relationship to whether or not he was being saved and llama sacrificed.

As for Bass, he seemed to take up the llama torch pretty eagerly.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Sorry S~V~S but this will probably be my only post tonight because I'm going to a birthday party for my uncle and staying over there. With that being said, I will go ahead and vote now as well.

I'm voting The LLama because he seems to be avoiding questions or just ignoring them like Roxy's and Mp's.
Usually he answer peoples questions so it just seems off to me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Fair enough, Dom. You can understand why I would feel that way because I wanted to win the poll (or at least someone I could relatively trust), and you had a real chance of winning --- and you were someone I did not trust one bit. And the votes were unexplained and unwarranted (IMO), so yeah, that's why I didn't like it.

Argument -- you mean about Made? I just didn't understand why players, including yourself, weren't considering every perspective when it came to him, why everyone was making so many assumptions. It should be evident now with zeek's revelation.

If you think I'm bad, that's fine. Frankly, it's possible we just haven't been seeing eye to eye all game, and I'm not convinced that you're bad. I don't want to fall into that logical fallacy myself, especially since Llama was not bad.

Thanks for your input re: DF.

Regarding Boomslang... I just really wasn't seeing the suspicion against him before. However, now it's Day 3, he hasn't really done any baddie hunting, and he voted for me with no reason at all in the N2 poll. Additionally, the heat surrounding him has essentially disappeared, with you and INH (now deceased) as the exceptions. Whenever that happens, there is always this voice in the back of my head that wonders, "Why?" So I do hope to hear from him.

Linki w/ DH: Thanks! That's true. Made could be bad. I just don't think the Mad Hatter curse should be used as evidence on that front. So what makes you think he was still saved: Just the fact that you think the Llama suspicion was weak?

Interesting observation regarding Bass. He hasn't really posted much at all either; I remember nothing from him. Something to think about.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The llama suspicion being weak, and the subtle defending from Bass and TH (and possibly others, I can't recall specifics and its too late atm to go fishing)

I do recall Bass making a post along the line of "I see the case on Made, but can we really afford to pull the trigger?" and TH's support of Made is well documented.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:The llama suspicion being weak, and the subtle defending from Bass and TH (and possibly others, I can't recall specifics and its too late atm to go fishing)

I do recall Bass making a post along the line of "I see the case on Made, but can we really afford to pull the trigger?" and TH's support of Made is well documented.
Hmmm, interesting.

I've had good vibes from TH all game though. However, maybe that should concern me. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Has Hedgeowl shown up yet? There are some others such as Lizzy and sabie I also remember nothing from. Hopefully we'll hear from them.

Anyone who wants to answer: Top 3 suspects today and why? Curious what everything is thinking at the moment.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Do you not think the llama suspicion was weak? Come to think of it, let me pose this question to you:

You yourself said that I had a lot of suspicion that seemed to drop dramatically... Do you think a scenario exists wherein the suspicion of myself (and my votes) dropped because people who would have otherwise voted for me decided to instead pursue a vote for llama in order to save Made?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:Do you not think the llama suspicion was weak? Come to think of it, let me pose this question to you:

You yourself said that I had a lot of suspicion that seemed to drop dramatically... Do you think a scenario exists wherein the suspicion of myself (and my votes) dropped because people who would have otherwise voted for me decided to instead pursue a vote for llama in order to save Made?
First, an unrelated question: Can you elaborate why you find FZ. suspicious? I know you commented on her one post, but I was curious if you found her suspicious for anything else.

Now, to address your post: Considering I was a major pusher of the Llama suspicion, I do not believe it was weak. I don't believe it was airtight or amazing, obviously, but I firmly believed he was acting suspiciously for the reasons I stated.

That's possible, for sure.

What's definitely in order is revisiting the voting history to see who voted for whom thus far. I do find it odd that so many players followed the Llama suspicion... honestly, I thought Made was a goner as the votes were coming in. Then again, I found it odd so many players followed the Made suspicion, even more so.

Nonetheless, it is interesting that only those two received the bulk of the D2 votes, but it is also possible that those who didn't want to vote Made just voted Llama for lack of a better option. Tough to say.

That said, a new semester starts up tomorrow, and I'm getting tired, so I likely won't get around to in depth vote history analysis tonight. I'll see what everyone else has to contribute and see what I can accomplish tomorrow. :offtobed:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Do you not think the llama suspicion was weak? Come to think of it, let me pose this question to you:

First, an unrelated question: Can you elaborate why you find FZ. suspicious? I know you commented on her one post, but I was curious if you found her suspicious for anything else.

Now, to address your post: Considering I was a major pusher of the Llama suspicion, I do not believe it was weak. I don't believe it was airtight or amazing, obviously, but I firmly believed he was acting suspiciously for the reasons I stated.

That's possible, for sure.

What's definitely in order is revisiting the voting history to see who voted for whom thus far. I do find it odd that so many players followed the Llama suspicion... honestly, I thought Made was a goner as the votes were coming in. Then again, I found it odd so many players followed the Made suspicion, even more so.

Nonetheless, it is interesting that only those two received the bulk of the D2 votes, but it is also possible that those who didn't want to vote Made just voted Llama for lack of a better option. Tough to say.

That said, a new semester starts up tomorrow, and I'm getting tired, so I likely won't get around to in depth vote history analysis tonight. I'll see what everyone else has to contribute and see what I can accomplish tomorrow. :offtobed:
Well obviously her vote for Llama puts her on my radar. And her response after llama flipped civ, which I've also covered. As things develop, I'll get into more detail not just with her but with my other suspects. Been a particularly nasty week and a busy weekend for me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by reywaS »

:fiesta:
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

I just wrote a long post explaining why I haven't been participating in the game, and the internet ate it. I think that's a sign to be more brief. My life's been crap since Jan 2nd when this game started and it hasn't gotten better since. I've asked to be replaced but I'm trying to find time to participate until a replacement is found. I apologize.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

Hope things get better Timmer.
reywaS wrote::fiesta:
This is interesting. There are two roles that silence you totally. No vote, etc. No posts. This is a post.

@Epi~ Do smilies count as posts?

Becasue on the one hand, Rey has been MUCH less involved recently than he was back in the day, and I thought this was more of the same. On the other, with his name being bandied about as it has been, I would expect him to say more than :fiesta:

We know the forcer role has apparently forced zeek. So not sure where this is coming from.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

timmer wrote:I just wrote a long post explaining why I haven't been participating in the game, and the internet ate it. I think that's a sign to be more brief. My life's been crap since Jan 2nd when this game started and it hasn't gotten better since. I've asked to be replaced but I'm trying to find time to participate until a replacement is found. I apologize.
I hope things get better Timmer... in the mean time-- do you have any suspicions?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

juliets wrote: MP, lol I didn't play Cars but I understand what you mean in the games we have played together. I think it's because my style is pretty consistent regardless of alignment.
So this is not the best example of what I'm pointing out, but it's at least a reasonably decent one until I have time to go back and hunt for one. Lots of people (at least 4 that I've counted, though I forget who) have self-analyzed their play style so far, and this goes as far back as Day 1. Did I miss something and that's normal now, or is it a new norm? In my experience, people saying they're playing their civ game is both pointless (because 1. if they knew they had a "baddie game" then of course they wouldn't play it because it would get them caught and 2. they could be lying) and pingy as hell. It seems mostly like it's being let go this game, though.

As I said, juliets' post isn't the best example. But someone definitely said "I'm playing my civ game" or something very similar a while ago. If I find them, I plan to suspect them, and any help finding them would be appreciated.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

MP Why is rey one of your top 3 trusted players? I have to say I am finding it hard to believe.
;)
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by reywaS »

Dom wrote:Timmer and Rey

Timmer started it with:

Rey then said:
Timmer said:
timmer wrote:
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
timmer wrote:
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
reywaS wrote:
timmer wrote:
Rey apologizes.

:disappoint:
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:@Epi~ Do smilies count as posts?
Yes.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”