Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Scotty »

Gotta go, hope to be back in a couple hours before EoD. Don't hammer before then plz
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 78

Post by DrWilgy »

I never stated that I wanted to or not cfd. Just wondering Sigs Ideas.

No I'm not Scotty. If you could fully respond to the questions I've asked I would be appreciative.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 772
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

VOTE A2THEZEBRA

Willing to move my vote to Wilgy as well, but wanted to get it back on the board and we are less apt to see a hammer if I place it on zebra. Plus she looked worst in the teammate analyses and I want to push a bit there. Will be gone for a couple of hours but will check back in again after a movie.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 528

Post by Golden »

@MP - The MM/IAWY linkages is the first one that I've read through and actually felt I've disagreed a bit. I would call it teammate compatible, but I don't really feel like there was enough there to call it teammate indicative

Day one interactions were about self-preservation not IAWY preservation, like when he told me not to shift my vote to IAWY it was because it would put him back in a tie for first. His day two rainbow list was right at the start, so it's hard to know if he would have had a null read by end of day. And most of the stuff in the day two was far more about analysing you than analysing IAWY.

I'm still keeping my eye on MM as a potential teammate and I think it can be said that there is very little evidence that he is not a teammate of IAWY, but its not compelling to me to make me feel like he is a teammate.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Wow, MP, I completely disagree on the sig iso. It looks SO BADLY like he is trying to set up an MM lynch to come straight out of an IAWY one, all the way through days one and two. I don't mind the hard defending, but the set up of MM is strong. He even suggests the vig take out MM.

I never like this pattern 'I don't think x is bad, but if x is bad, y is bad too'. It looks like a way to take a civilian out behind a teammate. I use it that way, if I can.

It makes me feel worse about sig. Conversely, if sig was bad it would make me feel a little better about MM and zebra, since they seem to have both been strong pushes by him.

Now I'm conflicted about my vote. I was hoping I'd come out of that one agreeing with you.

Having said that, I went back and read the zebra one again and... that looks just as bad today as it did yesterday.

:ponder:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@sig - I'd like you to talk about what I just said. I'd like to hear your perspective on it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Somehow I really didn't fully understand Soneji's case on sig until reading through your iso on him.

I remain convinced soneji is town.

I'd like to hear soneji's thoughts on sig at the moment. Zebra's too. Anyones, really.

I think maybe I've been wrong about sig and I'm seriously considering a sig lynch.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Having said that...

I still feel like wilgy would be a teammate of sig, or a teammate of zebra, and I don't feel like sig and zebra are teammates of each other.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:@sig - I'd like you to talk about what I just said. I'd like to hear your perspective on it.
Hello.

I've done the x is mafia if y is before. I think it helps mafia and while it doesn't always work I think it can help catch mafia.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:
Golden wrote:@sig - I'd like you to talk about what I just said. I'd like to hear your perspective on it.
Hello.

I've done the x is mafia if y is before. I think it helps mafia and while it doesn't always work I think it can help catch mafia.
Explain to me why you felt 'if IAWY is bad, MM is his teammate'. I don't really understand what your thinking was there.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 246

Post by a2thezebra »

VOTE DRWILGY

Self-preservation vote! :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:VOTE DRWILGY

Self-preservation vote! :P
Talk to me about what you see as the merits of a sig vote. Weren't you advocating this, or am I wrong?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:
sig wrote:
Hello.

Explain to me why you felt 'if IAWY is bad, MM is his teammate'. I don't really understand what your thinking was there.
Okay so on day 1 I believe MM wouldn't vote for IAWY to save himself, he did closer to EOD, however he quickly switched to Frog when he was still leading in votes. It seemed to me like he was unwilling to vote for a teammate.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden are you mafia trying to bandwagon onto me and save a teammate? Since you also led the CFD onto Frog day 1. :ponder:

I'd be happy to address your suspicions, but I don't really see anything? Besides the MM/IWAY thing, which I did stop pressing eventually since it would seem my case was a little weak and as I said earlier I was tunneling on him.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:Golden are you mafia trying to bandwagon onto me and save a teammate? Since you also led the CFD onto Frog day 1. :ponder:
Just want to make sure that, whoever I vote for, I'm making the best possible choice.

I do have reasons why I think you are town too. But I am worried by the links to IAWY.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:
sig wrote:Golden are you mafia trying to bandwagon onto me and save a teammate? Since you also led the CFD onto Frog day 1. :ponder:
Just want to make sure that, whoever I vote for, I'm making the best possible choice.

I do have reasons why I think you are town too. But I am worried by the links to IAWY.
Okay, I did defend him quite a bit, but I did think he was a scum driven wagon mainly to get us away from lynching MM who I thought was mafia.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The deadline for Day 4 is in 2 hours and 34 minutes at precisely 10:00 PM eastern US/Canada time.

The hammer vote is the 5th.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Who else is here?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:@MP - The MM/IAWY linkages is the first one that I've read through and actually felt I've disagreed a bit. I would call it teammate compatible, but I don't really feel like there was enough there to call it teammate indicative

Day one interactions were about self-preservation not IAWY preservation, like when he told me not to shift my vote to IAWY it was because it would put him back in a tie for first. His day two rainbow list was right at the start, so it's hard to know if he would have had a null read by end of day. And most of the stuff in the day two was far more about analysing you than analysing IAWY.

I'm still keeping my eye on MM as a potential teammate and I think it can be said that there is very little evidence that he is not a teammate of IAWY, but its not compelling to me to make me feel like he is a teammate.
That's fair enough, perhaps I didn't consider MM self-preservation behavior during d1 enough. Thanks for the input! :beer:

I definitely feel strongest about zebra with respect to zebra and MM being the bottom two anyway.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:Wow, MP, I completely disagree on the sig iso. It looks SO BADLY like he is trying to set up an MM lynch to come straight out of an IAWY one, all the way through days one and two. I don't mind the hard defending, but the set up of MM is strong. He even suggests the vig take out MM.

I never like this pattern 'I don't think x is bad, but if x is bad, y is bad too'. It looks like a way to take a civilian out behind a teammate. I use it that way, if I can.

It makes me feel worse about sig. Conversely, if sig was bad it would make me feel a little better about MM and zebra, since they seem to have both been strong pushes by him.

Now I'm conflicted about my vote. I was hoping I'd come out of that one agreeing with you.

Having said that, I went back and read the zebra one again and... that looks just as bad today as it did yesterday.

Really? Seemed to me like he strongly suggested MM independently of IAWY.

sig has been using a lot of "potential mafia team" and "if X is bad, then Y is bad" logic; I wouldn't say it was specific to MM and IAWY, and I wouldn't say it's out of character, but I don't know.

I do agree though that if sig flipped bad, it would make me feel a bit better about MM and zebra, though inevitably I'd still consider distancing.

I did get tired last night, maybe I'll go back and look at it again.

Are you around now to discuss?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I am here, patchily.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I isoed sig yesterday and felt good. I read your connections thing and I felt bad. Perhaps, if I isoed sig again in light of your points (eg he does a lot of if x, then y) I might feel good again, so perhaps I'll do that.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:I am here, patchily.
Oh, good, I'm not here for long right now either.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:Somehow I really didn't fully understand Soneji's case on sig until reading through your iso on him.

I remain convinced soneji is town.

I'd like to hear soneji's thoughts on sig at the moment. Zebra's too. Anyones, really.

I think maybe I've been wrong about sig and I'm seriously considering a sig lynch.
That's funny; I had the same problem.

I still think sig is probably town and that he ate crow with respect to IAWY, so I don't feel comfortable lynching him, but that's just me. I'd much rather lynch zebra or Wilgy, even Scotty. I could be wrong though, and I don't want us to be too split today. I think we need to stand united.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:Having said that...

I still feel like wilgy would be a teammate of sig, or a teammate of zebra, and I don't feel like sig and zebra are teammates of each other.

So I felt IAWY would be the most informative even though I suspected him pretty hard. Even though I'm not one to lynch for "information", whom do we think would be the most informative lynch today?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I need to iso again, but in the end I think I still feel best with the votes I still felt best with at start of day... wilgy or zebra.

I'm sort of leaning towards zebra right now. I don't think anyone can say that I and others haven't tried to engage her but she honestly doesn't seem to want to engage. Whether or not it's just because I pissed her off on day 2 or what... I don't know. But her messing with the vote yesterday seemed more actively harmful than Wilgy.

I just hope zebra isn't town vig because I really want to take Wilgy, I really hope the town vig will take Wilgy tonight if he isn't lynched.

linki @MP - honestly zebra, more than wilgy. I think. I think.

Wilgy seems to be taking an entirely 'wifom' approach to the game, so I don't think anything meaningful would be gleaned out of his posts.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

One thing I did feel like, MP, and correct me if I'm wrong... but I feel like you didn't analyse IAWY's words when considering possible teammate interactions, and I might try and do that too.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I need to iso again, but in the end I think I still feel best with the votes I still felt best with at start of day... wilgy or zebra.

I'm sort of leaning towards zebra right now. I don't think anyone can say that I and others haven't tried to engage her but she honestly doesn't seem to want to engage. Whether or not it's just because I pissed her off on day 2 or what... I don't know. But her messing with the vote yesterday seemed more actively harmful than Wilgy.

I just hope zebra isn't town vig because I really want to take Wilgy, I really hope the town vig will take Wilgy tonight if he isn't lynched.

linki @MP - honestly zebra, more than wilgy. I think. I think.

Wilgy seems to be taking an entirely 'wifom' approach to the game, so I don't think anything meaningful would be gleaned out of his posts.
That makes sense to me. I'd support a zebra lynch, especially due to the interactions. It doesn't help that she hasn't really tried to 'engage the game' since d2 either.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:One thing I did feel like, MP, and correct me if I'm wrong... but I feel like you didn't analyse IAWY's words when considering possible teammate interactions, and I might try and do that too.
Oh, I guess that's true. My bad. :blush:

I think IAWY didn't say much to most of us, but that's a good idea, I'd definitely be interested in that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

VOTE A2THEZEBRA

It's where I feel most comfortable for now.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:One thing I did feel like, MP, and correct me if I'm wrong... but I feel like you didn't analyse IAWY's words when considering possible teammate interactions, and I might try and do that too.

I think IAWY didn't say much to most of us, but that's a good idea, I'd definitely be interested in that.
What I'm actually currently doing is looking at your iso to see about your interactions.

(Don't let ika think I'm reevaluating, though, ok?) :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

What I'm actually currently doing is looking at your iso to see about your interactions.

(Don't let ika think I'm reevaluating, though, ok?) :p
I'm actually glad you're doing that. I obviously didn't examine my own because, yeah, I know my own perspective. :p

I have nothing to hide. :lorab:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It'd be nice to hear from Scotty and Soneji as well.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MP's day one re IAWY is pretty clean, highlighted by the following quote (which I can't spoiler because it has a spoiler in it). MP is one of the few people (along with silverwolf, I'd say) who was able to find specific suspicious content in IAWY's posts rather than merely express a scum vibe from him. It looks a lot cleaner than my own content on IAWY, for example.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote: VOTE INAWORDYES

This is a low content poster I'm willing to wagon. I don't like his RVS Soneji vote and the fact he hasn't posted much of substance or done any game solving or any reads or anything really, despite being here earlier.
I'm willing to take a step back from ika and give him some room to breathe and contribute, and follow you here. I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything with this vote; I've discussed ika ad nauseam.

VOTE INAWORDYES

I agree with what you've said above. In addition, I made the following observation on IAWY earlier:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:Since I'm playing to my standard MMMeta, might as well continue the RVS! D1 is the time to hear from everyone, so since Soneji is the only who left who hasn't checked in yet, my vote goes with him for the moment. Heyo Soneji! How are you doing? TELL US THE NAMES OF YUR SCUMMEHS!!!

*cough* Ahem, who would you, er, "conveniently" place as your list of baddies? Yeah, that's a good question. I'll show him!]/s]

I'm pinged here by inawordyes's declaration that he is playing to his own meta. Dom caught me in Arkham Mafia for saying this same thing. It indicates the mindset of someone who is purposefully making posts with the intention of playing to an existing standard, which can be defended against with the mere declaration that it's "my meta".

That's about all else I have on him. Hard to believe he has 10 posts. What do you (and others) think of that?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:It'd be nice to hear from Scotty and Soneji as well.
Yeah, I really want to hear from these guys.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
Same. We need to be united in this. I'll consider moving my vote, but I'm most comfortable with zebra or Wilgy.

I will admit, Wilgy's last few posts have seemed like he legitimately gives a shit, so I'm feeling slightly better about him.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And this post followed by an immediate vote also looks godo for MP.

In fact, his approach to IAWY on day one has to be one of the most convincing signs that he is not IAWY's teammate.

I've read 6 pages of MP posts and thats enough for me for now. Moving on to IAWY posts.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MP was also the first vote on IAWY on both day one and two (of those who remained on). If it's a bus, it's a very strong bus.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright folks, I'll be in and out until EoD. Just don't have the time to stick around for longer than a few minutes at a time; maybe I can make some time closer to EoD. I really hope MM, Soneji, and Scotty check in.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

VOTE SCOTTY

I'm more OK with a Scotty shanking than Zebra ganking.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I am in a show and have nothing to add. I feel best voting for zebra or Wilgy. We want to consolidate?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Same. We need to be united in this. I'll consider moving my vote, but I'm most comfortable with zebra or Wilgy.

I will admit, Wilgy's last few posts have seemed like he legitimately gives a shit, so I'm feeling slightly better about him.
Could it be that he had votes against him and started giving a shit? I don't find that alignment indicative.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote:VOTE SCOTTY

I really want to lynch you. I think of me and zebra, zebra looks shadier.

My mom would agree.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

The show ends at 10p so I will be unavailable except for like minutes at a time. I'm sorry I feel so useless in coming to the big boys table, but again I trust Golden and MP's judgment even though they have been running the thread.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:VOTE SCOTTY

I really want to lynch you. I think of me and zebra, zebra looks shadier.

My mom would agree.
Why do you want to lynch me? Again? I've asked this.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Can someone else please cast your point of view on my suspicion of Scotty?

I've asked multiple unanswered questions, and pointed out several non civvie actions from Scotty, so other opinions would be appreciated.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh good, no hammer yet.

Time to catch up.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Thoughts on IAWY relationships:
Inawordyes wrote:Okay, sorry! Sorry sorry sorry. This is game relevant, but I'll put it in OT anyways; I was super tired and fell asleep Saturday night while I was catching up, hence why I just randomly disappeared abruptly, and I fully intended to be here yesterday, but some things came up unexpectedly unexpectedly after I started catching up in the morning, and I ended up being tied up all day and didn't get a chance to check the site until after EoD. But I'm here now, so hopefully I'll be fine.

I caught up with the rest of the day last night post-EoD but I'm not gonna go back and relook over then at the moment because I went to bed with a headache and woke up with a bloody nose, so I'm just not feeling like it haha, so again, if anybody has any specific points or quotes they want my thoughts on, quote 'em forward!

Current thoughts I have from memory: I don't like Frog's insistence on knowing my meta. Haha yes, this is another meta comment, but seriously, I don't step up as a leader when I'm a goodie on any other site other than MU because MU is so different than sites that I usually play on. Case on point is this MM game that I played that just finished this week:

http://mafiamaniac.net/index.php?showtopic=4037

I don't have that big of a thread presence except where it's necessary to avoid being wrongfully suspected and lunched for it, I.e. in any MU game. So I feel like, while I understand why he mentioned it because that's the only experience he has with me, it's unfair to hold me to my MU meta when I only use that meta on MU because MU is vastly sifferent than what we play here or at MM. And repeating it so often led to other people getting into the mindset that that's how I play, and without being anle to be here to correct him, I'm just kinda invariably damaged goods coming into D2 haha, because that's the perception of me now. :shrug:

I understand, along those lines, why the IAWY wagon formed, but I do not like how it formed, and how it stayed. A CFD three hours before EoD on an MIA player just seems like going for low-hanging fruit, which is the strategy that Frog advocated for and it got him lynched, in the biggest of ironies haha. So that's pretty dumb haha.

Has anyone noticed that in MP's ISO reads, he's just reading posts null after null after null? I don't understand how he's getting town and Mafia leans when he's not reading all the posts he quoting either way. I understand why he'd scumread me for cultural differences - which he expressed that he knew from pregame stuff is my personality anyways - but it seems like he's being a little heavy-handed in keeping the read. I do think he's on the right side of the numbers, but if he keeps on me like that, he's gonna drop spots fast.

I didn't like how Soneji entered the thread guns-blazing with an aggressive attitude, I also didn't like how he didn't address my RVS vote at all but used it offhand as a reason to scum read me. I would lean him baddie for that.

I don't understand the backlash on Zebra and the wagon that formed on him for self-voting, that was kinda weird, and then IIRC (and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going from memory) all his voters went from him, to MP, to me.

That's what I got at the moment, quote forward relevant issues or points that were directed at me since I know where we're quite a few of them, and I'll do my best to answer them.
The bit in orange would lean towards MP and Soneji not being teammates. He seems to have been most in dispute with them (something borne out by looking at the other side of the conversation). His point on zebra doesn't seems teammate neutral, rather than indicative. It's in IAWY's interests to find the backlash on zebra odd regardless of zebra's alignment.
Inawordyes wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Inawordyes used the word unexpectedly twice in a row. :eye:
No need to be pedantic. :p I didn't realize I did that, sorry!
Is that your only response to my post, though? IIRC you were one of the people who was most on my case for being inactive, which kinda makes me suspicious that you're not more into calling out points I made.
This, from day two, makes me very slightly lean away from MM being a teammate, I think in particular given IAWY and MM were the two with votes beforehand so it behooves IAWY to make MM look a little dodgier. The fact it took him two bites in response to MM to do this also helps me lean away from it being an overnight plan for him to suspect MM.
Inawordyes wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:An ISO of MP's ISOs This is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as MP having over 300 posts on Day 1. For the numbers included next to each name, the first one is the number of null posts read, while the second number is the total number of posts observed.

Psittaciform - (2/2) All null post reads, but gives a slight mafia read.

Metalmarsh89 - (6/6) All null post reads, but initially gives a slight mafia read before considering to push it to moderate mafia read.

Long Con - (10/14) 10 null posts, 2 town posts, and 2 scum posts. Ultimately gives Long Con a slight mafia read.

Inawordyes - (10/17) 7 mafia posts (that vary in strength) and the rest null, which result in a moderate mafia read on Inawordyes.

DrWilgy - (15/15) All null posts that result in a null read.

Soneji - (7/9) 7 null post reads and two town post reads, which result in a slight town read.

@Inawordyes: I see what you're saying here. 3 players on this list roughly equate to null reads, but MP gives them slight or moderate mafia reads anyway. He did say in my ISO that he is ignoring null reads. I don't understand that reason for this, especially since he still gave DrWilgy a null read (or more accurately, gave no read). Anyway, if you want to look deeper into the ISOs, the links are here.
It's not even necessarily that I disagree with why he read them null, but going over all their posts and in three cases null-reading all their posts at the time of he ISO but then leaning them either way seems kinda counter-intuitive. I know that he said he was reserving straight-null for Soneji at the start because Soneji was the only NK-shower at the time, but with that many nulls you can't really expect to be able to read them either way without having some sort of slight town and scum basis.

It looks like MP is just posting to post and look like he's contributing. It's not inherently scummy because he's done a lot of other stuff that townish, but it's something to keep an eye on.
I think it's worth noting that IAWY is contributing to the 'MP is just trying to look like he's contributing' push.
Inawordyes wrote:
Golden wrote:Here's the thing, zebra. Full seriousness.

I am town, but I'd sooner mislynch you and leave my vote on you than be lynched myself. I'm playing this game for practice for champs. I don't actually care if you go down. I don't actually WHO goes down. I'm going to do my best to try to solve the game and thats all there is to it.

I'll do what I have to do to survive in this game. If that means lynching the people who think I'm bad, even if they are town, then so be it. Means I get longer to practice.

I don't have any teammates to come to my rescue and help. If I do get lynched today, I'll call it a failed endeavour. Certainly, I'll give up, because I don't have time for this shit. I'm playing because JJJ was nice enough to give me a chance to practice, even though I really don't have time for it.
If you don't care about the game itself and just see it as practice, then you're not practicing that well because you're missing a fundamental part of the experience, which is that you have to care at least a little. Surviving to a new day means nothing if you don't care about who's surviving with you, you can't solve the game if you're disinterested in haphazardly taking down goodies in your wake.

Not everybody you think is Mafia is mafia, nor is everybody you think is Town town. If you haphazardly lynch whoever pings your radar without concern for whether they're goodies at the end of it, then you're not learning anything that will help you in the MU games, and from my own experience, I can tell you that you will be called to account for it.

That's my 2¢.
This is much more indicative of zebra being IAWY's teammate, particularly the bit I underlined. I feel like this is a soft defence of a teammate, without appearing to be directly taking a view on zebra's alignment (but implying I'm willing to haphazardly take down goodies).

There are a few more posts from IAWY that lead me even further down the track of MP not being a teammate. No point quoting them all. This one is a good one, though.
Inawordyes wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Would you be able to rank your scum reads somehow?

What did you think of my Soneji ISO earlier?
I could, eventually. But I still feel I want to hear more from most of them (since they are all/most pretty quiet). It still feels unsolved to me in a way, if that makes sense. But IAWY is my prefered lynch, and my strongest suspicion.

I was so tired when I read the Soneji-ISO I don't really remember. Sorry. I do appreciate you putting in the work, and I will surely get back to it. Apart from that I've looked into his ISO on my own today to check up on things. I'm not convinced by him, he's a null I'm suspicious of. He could very well be teamed with IAWY if he is indeed scum. I don't feel his push on Sig is very good. Firstly because I feel Sig is a player that would be easy to push on (easy target, for various reasons), and two because the argument doesn't seem all that strong to me and gets a bit repetative. I don't think it makes that much sense for scum!Sig to push on Soneji of all people if Sig is scum. That being said, I don't think it's impossible for Soneji to be town doing all this either. So it's inconclusive atm.
No worries, that's understandable. I feel like we're mind melding the most this phase, so I'm with you on IAWY. It would take some real town spark from IAWY to get me to move that vote, because I have not liked his recent posts (though he seems like a nice fellow). :beer:

Not a problem, let me know what you think when you get to it. Yeah, sig is an easy mislynch (or lynch in general), so I think he's particularly difficult to read. I need to figure him out myself.

Thanks for the elaboration.
Once you read me as Mafia you stop looking at me as town, so commenting that you don't like my recent posts is meaningless except as a tool to convince others to look at me the same way, which is a scummy tactic, or possibly a cop tactic but I don't think you would've been this subtle about a redcheck on me if that was a possibility.
Then he goes on to question all his null reads but there really isn't anything there. He votes for each in turn but there is little that can be said for each in way of engagement, I think, except for his engagement with me. I'm not reading into his final rainbow list because wifom.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:I glanced through MP's exhaustive (whew you outdo yourself sometimes, sock) and I found myself agreeing with most everything said.
In regards to MM, I do feel like he has flown under the radar.
Well no that's hefty accusation, considering I was a top lynch candidate on Days 1 and 2, and am the third-highest poster in the thread. Under the radar indeed.
Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Summary

- MM failed to take a hard stance on IAWY throughout all of d1 and d2. MM places IAWY in the null placement of both of his rainbow lists.

- For d1, MM stayed mostly silent about IAWY, but he did at least commit a soft defense in systematically dismissing the d1 IAWY wagon formation on a couple of occasions.

- MM interacts a fair amount with IAWY on d2, but doesn't seem to use any of it to form any read of him, which is the strongest point against him. I think this is relatively indicative of a teammate relationship; if it were true, it means that a teammate MM avoided taking any stance on bussing or hard defending IAWY, which is perhaps the most common teammate treatment in early game stages from my experience.

Conclusion

I would call MM's interactions with IAWY teammate compatible, and further, I'm willing to call them potentially teammate indicative.

What do you think?
I do have a couple comments about my Day 1 behavior.

I've explained it to a couple of people already. Since I was also a leading lynch candidate on Day 1, I was using my vote to keep myself out of the lead, and encouraging others to do the same. The less votes being moved around at EoD, the less risky it would be for me.
So now that you don't have votes on you to stress you out, where are you leaning to vote?
Zebra and DrWilgy are my top two candidates, though I haven't decided which one yet. Given the current situation, I would vote zebra so as not to create a tie.
Golden wrote:I am here, patchouli.
Fixed.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote:Can someone else please cast your point of view on my suspicion of Scotty?

I've asked multiple unanswered questions, and pointed out several non civvie actions from Scotty, so other opinions would be appreciated.
Please point me in the direction of these questions one more time, mate.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also Soneji needs to get his ass back like 70 hours ago.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”