Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 528

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Golden »

Current reads after catching up.

Lean town on frog and marco
lean scum on zexy
sig as scum and sloonei as town are reads that depend on/flow from my read on zexy - these would be more likely to be true if zexy is scum in my opinion.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 78

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:What's good? I ate some brownies last night that still haven't completely worn off.
My phone died ;__;

You have any leftovers? I could use some.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

VOTE ZEXY
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Frog wrote:The champs do not allow last wills/ legacy posts/ twilight posts.
Nor do I. Also, if a hammer is ever dropped and I am not present immediately, the lynched player is prohibited from posting. Anything I deem to be remotely close to a legacy post or otherwise on-topic after a hammer is dropped will result in the modkill of one of that player's team mates at random. We don't have the automated system here, so it's going to require the honor system. If you have all confirmed a hammer was dropped, you'd be well advised to just be quiet as a group.

This also means you all will need to pay close attention to the tally for yourselves, and please follow the voting guidelines I described in the post linked below. ALL OF THEM.

Voting guidelines

All votes need to be in ALL CAPS and in the large font size. They should look like this:
VOTE JAGGEDJIMMYJAY

When I review the thread I need to be able to quickly find every vote. Anyone who doesn't follow this guideline might not have their vote recognized. This is not directed at anyone in particular, it's a general warning to everyone. :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 246

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:What's good? I ate some brownies last night that still haven't completely worn off.
My phone died ;__;

You have any leftovers? I could use some.
Nope, there were fourteen to start with and between four people sharing them I ate five. None remain.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

Just caught up.

Quick thoughts:
Between the whole Frog, Marco, Sloonei deal I'm most suspicious of Sloonei. His posts reads calculated, and more about showing as town than being town (?). In all the meta game discussion I agree with him, and I can see his playstyle as quite similar to mine (believe it or not :3), and he kind of looks like me when I'm scum. Early iffy read.

Marco looked a bit weird at first with the reluctance to vote others, and I always frown at unvotes. But his explanations makes sense, and him misunderstanding and thus rejecting Frog's claiming plan because town wouldn't know what to claim looks town (unless it's very cleverly planned).

Frog looks townish just due to the fact that he is completely seeing his own angle. However, I think his "logic" as he refers to it is only one side of the issues his bringing up. His Marco "slip" is not a slip. There also are risks to the claiming plan he suggests. He also ignored Marco's first explanation that Marco was merely correcting sig's interpretation of whatever post that was. (Which btw, I agree with, cause I remember having the same kind of thoughts about it). I don't know if scum would play this way, cause it reads genuine, even if I disagree with a lot of things.

I thought sig looked good at a point but I don't remember why.

Zexy is a bit iffy? But may be playstyle.

Golden game saying things I definitely follow.

The guy with the red/pink avatar gives iffy vibes too.

I do vibe reads a lot. Deal with it. :llama:

Oh, and I remember PSI, who is the only one I've played a few games with, I agree with him calling the claiming plan potentially messy, so town point for that, kind of.

---

Regarding claiming actions:
There is a risk to this, and that is that it will be easier for mafia to read into posts and find PTs in two ways: 1. How different people act around claiming. And 2. They will be able to cross someone off the list as "not that PT" - and remember mafia do know what PT they are looking for. So for example if they are looking for a Tracker, and player A claims "Tracked player C and got no result", but players C is scum and did target someone, then mafia knows player A is not a Tracker. There's different versions of this.

Apart from that hypo-claiming would be messy and confusing imo, and I'd rather not deal with it.

I'm of the (maybe controvertial?) opinion that PT is not the be all end all of town, but rather town together needs to find and kill scum. That is the mission and is being done by voting in thread primarily. Yes, it's nice having working PTs, but I think it's a valid and good enough strategy to have PT claim information when they have something useful to say like a Tracker result that leads to a dead body i.e. We don't really need to know who the Tracker saw sleeping like an angel in their bed imo.

I'll go with whatever the majority wants, but I'd really like to just drop the whole PT discussion and scum hunt as normal.

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Let's make a wagon on Sloonei!

VOTE SLOONEI

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marco wrote:Format for copy/pasting if and when people want to hypo.

Town Jailkeeper N1 ; N2 ; N3
Town Cop N0 ; N1; N2 ; N3
Town Doctor N1 ; N2 ; N3
Town Tracker N1 ; N2 : N3
Town Vigilante N1 ; N2 ; N3
Town Bodyguard N1 ; N2 ; N3
2-Shot Town Jailkeeper N1 ; N2 ; N3
Town Even Night Vig N2 ; N4

Really though. You can maybe make an argument for hypoing cop, but the reward is not high enough imo for the fuzz. Some of these roles are totally useless to hypo imo. Like bodyguard, doctor and vig.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Agree that, if we hypo, we need to agree on the role list for which its actually useful. Might be doctor and tracker only?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lol, who doesn't love a big grumpy cat? XD

Anyway, Golden can you talk more about the if Zexy is scum Sloonei is town thing? (I got the sig as scum)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:Agree that, if we hypo, we need to agree on the role list for which its actually useful. Might be doctor and tracker only?
Meh, I already vote we don't do it, but if we did either cop only, or investigative only + jailer IF there are no NK. But that are my in this second thoughts, and I vote for just having a tea party instead. And I really need to stop talking about this.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:Lol, who doesn't love a big grumpy cat? XD

Anyway, Golden can you talk more about the if Zexy is scum Sloonei is town thing? (I got the sig as scum)
This post
Zexy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:You are right. A lot more is going to happen. But that more has not happened yet, so for now I have to work with what I have. What do you think of sig and I? Your last post didn't really give a stance either way.
If anything, the fact you are trying to read someone on this little could be scum trying to slowly and steadily justify a scumread on a townie.
I don't have too much of a stance yet, my posts are also there so you two react to them and they can help me read you through that. You are more defensive than sig which is also slightly scummy of you to do.
I gut read this as being both a attempt to get sloonei to back off sig, but also a justification to scumread sloonei if he doesn't back off sig.
Marco
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Marco »

Golden wrote:
Frog wrote: 2) the risks claiming every role and seperate actions for each? There's hardly a risk. E,g,
If I'm tracker I tracked player A to no where
If I'm cop I found inno result on player B

One of the above may be WRONG, which serves to protect that player even if they ARE a power role.
So you are proposing we would say what the result of each is as well?

I do understand the merit of this... eg, you protect the cop for a while at least, although the mafia rule out each person from being cop as they make an incorrect claim, which would happen 50% of the time.

I guess my concern here, and it may be because my brain simply can't process it all, is the number of TPRs where the mafia can critically analyse whether each statement is true or false, in respect of each track. I'm trying to solve how we deal with a particular situation as it arises.

Take jailkeeper or doctor as an example. If there is no nightkill on any particular night, and the mafia know a jailkeeper or doctor is a role in the set up, they might be able to pinpoint who the jailkeeper or doctor is by simply stating the mafia target correctly.

Alternatively, are there particular roles (like jailkeeper or doctor) that we wouldn't list at all? Would there be any benefit in town to it? Is this just about figuring out which roles we should all be doing this for, that assist town long term (eg cop) but don't have as bigger risk of immediately outing someone.
This is a concern shared by me too, and I was hoping to see some discussion on.

Possible Mafia Roles:
A: Mafia Roleblocker + 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante
B: Mafia Goon + 1-Shot Mafia Bulletproof
C: Mafia Role Cop + Mafia Jailkeeper
D: Mafia Ninja + 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante
E: 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante + Mafia Roleblocker
F: Mafia Jack of All Trades + Mafia Goon
1: Mafia Role Cop + 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante
2: Mafia Roleblocker + Mafia Ninja
3: Mafia Goon + Mafia Jack of All Trades
4: 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante + 1-Shot Mafia Bulletproof
5: Mafia Jailkeeper + 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante
6: Mafia Roleblocker + Mafia Goon

By knowing their own roles, mafia will know the setup we're playing at game start, barring two combinations. In A + E or 3 + F, mafia will know the setup 50/50. Just by knowing their setup, mafia can eliminate a large number of hypos in every player's claim as false.

eg: Mafia have rolled setup D. They will know town has Town Masons, Town Bodyguard, Town Tracker. So mafia will know to look for just the relevant hypos.
Town Doctor N1 ; N2 ; N3

In such a case, a false track on scum would be a giveaway.

Here's a list of what roles that they'll know to look out for:
A: Town Jailkeeper
B: Town Cop
C: TOwn Doctor + Town Tracker + Town Vigilante
D: Town Bodyguard + Town Tracker
E: 2-Shot Town Jailkeeper + Town Cop
F: Town Even Night Vigilante + Town Jailkeeper
1: Town Jailkeeper + Town Even Night Vigilante
2: Town Cop + TOwn Doctor
3: Town Tracker
4: Town Vigilante + Town Bodyguard + 2-Shot Town Jailkeeper
5: Town Cop + Town Jailkeeper
6: Town Tracker

As you can clearly see, the effectiveness of hypo varies greatly depending on what setup we rolled. And we have no way of actually knowing it at least until we see PRs (town or mafia) die. So, I think our best bet is to hold off on hypo claiming until we have a better idea of our setup. Or at least, let's use the list above to single out roles that we can hypo without mafia getting an advantage.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I don't have an overview over who knows who, who's from here and how familiar this type of setup is to people, and I'd really like to have that.

So I'll just state that:
- I've played a couple of games with PSI.
- I'm not from here (but I really like the site *buddies everyone)
- I consider this setup pretty standard.

And if other would like to share that would be appreciated.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Reposting because I did not know spoiler would murder the list like that.
Golden wrote:
Frog wrote: 2) the risks claiming every role and seperate actions for each? There's hardly a risk. E,g,
If I'm tracker I tracked player A to no where
If I'm cop I found inno result on player B

One of the above may be WRONG, which serves to protect that player even if they ARE a power role.
So you are proposing we would say what the result of each is as well?

I do understand the merit of this... eg, you protect the cop for a while at least, although the mafia rule out each person from being cop as they make an incorrect claim, which would happen 50% of the time.

I guess my concern here, and it may be because my brain simply can't process it all, is the number of TPRs where the mafia can critically analyse whether each statement is true or false, in respect of each track. I'm trying to solve how we deal with a particular situation as it arises.

Take jailkeeper or doctor as an example. If there is no nightkill on any particular night, and the mafia know a jailkeeper or doctor is a role in the set up, they might be able to pinpoint who the jailkeeper or doctor is by simply stating the mafia target correctly.

Alternatively, are there particular roles (like jailkeeper or doctor) that we wouldn't list at all? Would there be any benefit in town to it? Is this just about figuring out which roles we should all be doing this for, that assist town long term (eg cop) but don't have as bigger risk of immediately outing someone.
This is a concern shared by me too, and I was hoping to see some discussion on.

Possible Mafia Roles:
A: Mafia Roleblocker + 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante
B: Mafia Goon + 1-Shot Mafia Bulletproof
C: Mafia Role Cop + Mafia Jailkeeper
D: Mafia Ninja + 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante
E: 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante + Mafia Roleblocker
F: Mafia Jack of All Trades + Mafia Goon
1: Mafia Role Cop + 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante
2: Mafia Roleblocker + Mafia Ninja
3: Mafia Goon + Mafia Jack of All Trades
4: 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante + 1-Shot Mafia Bulletproof
5: Mafia Jailkeeper + 1-Shot Mafia Vigilante
6: Mafia Roleblocker + Mafia Goon

By knowing their own roles, mafia will know the setup we're playing at game start, barring two combinations. In A + E or 3 + F, mafia will know the setup 50/50. Just by knowing their setup, mafia can eliminate a large number of hypos in every player's claim as false.

eg: Mafia have rolled setup D. They will know town has Town Masons, Town Bodyguard, Town Tracker. So mafia will know to look for just the relevant hypos.
Town Doctor N1 ; N2 ; N3

In such a case, a false track on scum would be a giveaway.

Here's a list of what roles that they'll know to look out for:
A: Town Jailkeeper
B: Town Cop
C: TOwn Doctor + Town Tracker + Town Vigilante
D: Town Bodyguard + Town Tracker
E: 2-Shot Town Jailkeeper + Town Cop
F: Town Even Night Vigilante + Town Jailkeeper
1: Town Jailkeeper + Town Even Night Vigilante
2: Town Cop + TOwn Doctor
3: Town Tracker
4: Town Vigilante + Town Bodyguard + 2-Shot Town Jailkeeper
5: Town Cop + Town Jailkeeper
6: Town Tracker

As you can clearly see, the effectiveness of hypo varies greatly depending on what setup we rolled. And we have no way of actually knowing it at least until we see PRs (town or mafia) die. So, I think our best bet is to hold off on hypo claiming until we have a better idea of our setup. Or at least, let's use the list above to single out roles that we can hypo without mafia getting an advantage.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:I gut read this as being both a attempt to get sloonei to back off sig, but also a justification to scumread sloonei if he doesn't back off sig.
Oh it was from the same thing. I see. Don't know if I agree. Zexy is pretty null to me anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:I gut read this as being both a attempt to get sloonei to back off sig, but also a justification to scumread sloonei if he doesn't back off sig.
Oh it was from the same thing. I see. Don't know if I agree. Zexy is pretty null to me anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mean, it hinges on Zexy being bad. I don't expect people to blindly agree about that. But I feel pretty solid that if Zexy is bad, sloonei is not. That didn't have any impact as a distancing post.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Dyslexicon wrote:I don't have an overview over who knows who, who's from here and how familiar this type of setup is to people, and I'd really like to have that.

So I'll just state that:
- I've played a couple of games with PSI.
- I'm not from here (but I really like the site *buddies everyone)
- I consider this setup pretty standard.

And if other would like to share that would be appreciated.
I only know Soneji as we both come from the same board and have played dozens of games together. I think we both read each other pretty well, as we've also been on the same scum team 4-5 times (won each game too), but we're not infallible.

I don't consider the exact setup standard (semi-open nature with 1 out of possible 12 setups), but I've played some of the possible setups and am more than familiar with each role.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, do you guys use countdown timers here, or do we have to memorize when day ends? (Cause I'm totes lazy like that).

Can we talk about Long con's possible mindslip that I pointed out in my catchup somewhere? Is it a thing, or not a thing? Is it the tooth fairy, perhaps?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marco wrote:I only know Soneji as we both come from the same board and have played dozens of games together. I think we both read each other pretty well, as we've also been on the same scum team 4-5 times (won each game too), but we're not infallible.

I don't consider the exact setup standard (semi-open nature with 1 out of possible 12 setups), but I've played some of the possible setups and am more than familiar with each role.
Thanks. Did you already state your read of Soneji (if you have one)? I don't recall.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:Also, do you guys use countdown timers here, or do we have to memorize when day ends? (Cause I'm totes lazy like that).

Can we talk about Long con's possible mindslip that I pointed out in my catchup somewhere? Is it a thing, or not a thing? Is it the tooth fairy, perhaps?
On this site, the poll normally states when it ends. Unfortunately, it can only be set to days not hours, so it won't work well for games which aren't happening in groups of 24.
Zexy
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Zexy »

Well, Golden, looks like it wasn’t LC’s opening that was strange. His entire playstyle just feels a bit quirky to me, but if that’s his meta it’s null.

~1500 posts d1 is too much, I think. Last year’s finals didn’t hit 2000 posts total, and although it had 13 players instead of 17, 1500 posts in Day 1 is an overstatement.
Golden wrote:Sometimes very early reads are the most accurate. Frequently people make their biggest mistakes before they find their footing in the game. If sloonei really believed in his read, why would it be expected for him to 'not only rely on that'?
Maybe but they may not be based on early posts alone.
Well that's what I questioned early on, did he believe, or was he scum trying to set up a read he could use later?
It's cleared up by this point.
Frog wrote:Lol, nothing is scummy- I'm suggesting optimal strategy and pointing out things to keep eyes on. Literally none of my points have been refuted on a logical basis- all of my perspectives, warrants and basis for claims remain intact. Instead we see Sloonei and Marco discrediting my content based on fallacious logic, often times side stepping my points entirely.

It's quite sad to see your scum game Zexy :(

Ultimately you're shoving a false narrative that straddles every side. I don't like it.
Scum like to seem useful by suggesting optimal strategy, though. I agree that your points are all logical, just saying that the early stuff could've been said by scum as well. The later make you look better.

It's quite sad to see you think this is my scum game :(
You also called me town earlier.

Do we have any ideas on Marco meta? Latest posts look townier than before, even Frog acknowledged it.
Golden wrote:I didn't like the way Zexy minimised sloonei's sig read, and put in an early perspective that, essentially, no rational player should be reading sig off so little and if sloonei continues with the read he must be a scum looking for a bandwagon.

If you are going about making sure an early wagon doesn't build on your teammate, it's a subtle and clever way of doing it.
I'm better than that, if I was sig's buddy I wouldn't come to his defense that early for such minimal reasoning. It's unnecessary attention.
As for "reading sig off" please remember that I don't know sig as well as you all do.

It's not really subtle and clever, such early defense on a scumbuddy when chances are that wagon won't stay till the end is just unnecesarry, if not an outright bad move.

Silverwolf preferred to focus on people like ika and MP instead of the bunch that was discussed the most, and that’s slightly scummy I think. She just doesn’t seem to like Frog going on with his very solvy cases and Sloonei/Marco throwing their fair share of townie posts in thread… later on she questions Sloonei about sig, though. Still, there’s that vibe she’s trying to avoid the main discussion.
This is useful information. Does it usually take the form of the rather inconclusive maybe this, but maybe this? Zexy can clarify this too if he wants. Thing is he is commenting on a lot, but no stances. Not sure it's a problem, cause I definitely can relate to a point (probably doing it right now), but it is a thing I noticed.
Indeed that’s the case, I’m not one who easily reads people this early. I also get townreads more easily than scumreads, so I’m working with process of elimination. I’ve noticed that when I voice my early reads too much, I tend to flip them later and look scummy for that.
This is peculiar! I kind of love it, cause I'm confused now. Why do you think I'd tunnel you or tunnel at all? I'm merely joking around/taking RVS seriously.
At the time you haven’t talked about anybody else. This is not even close to what’s really going on now that you are wallposting, though, so that point’s obsolete. I like how you finally comment a lot as well.
Frog
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Frog »

/Rant

Town - more communication always wins the game.
More effective communication is even better.
Lurking does not further our win con

Scum - lurking to win is not a strategy
Not playing is not playing

Bottom Line- everyone throw yourselves in the ring with reckless abandon for the spirit of the game

Kind of drunk and calling it a night soon.

Surprised at how little interaction Dislexia is getting after those fierce posts. :-P
Spidey senses are a-tingling
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 246

Post by a2thezebra »

That's his meta, it's null. Same with anything I do that seems peculiar or suspicious. :mafia:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh but you didn't defend sig zexy. That's my point. You only criticised sloonei.

I didn't mean 'reading sig off', I meant 'reading sig from so little information'. I've seen people who can regularly make successful day 0 scum reads on less.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Marco wrote:I only know Soneji as we both come from the same board and have played dozens of games together. I think we both read each other pretty well, as we've also been on the same scum team 4-5 times (won each game too), but we're not infallible.

Thanks. Did you already state your read of Soneji (if you have one)? I don't recall.
Oooops, I thought Sloonei and Soneji was the same player, just different versions of the username. I see now that they are two seperate people. I did not mean to make them conjioned twins.
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Dyslexicon’s reads are mostly good, not sure how much I can relate to his Sloonei read, though. Getting better and better, town lean here.

Golden, I think your scumread on me is just playstyle clash. I stand by my point that early content isn’t enough for any reads, which is something I believe anyways; so, if scum, I wouldn’t attract that much attention to the interaction between me and my buddy, that’s all.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Just for reference- we should all be interacting with each player ~5 posts for anything meaningful.
5x16 = 80
80x17 = 1360 posts D1 is a baseline

Kind of just want to make a slanker lynch pact, but we'll see how it shakes out tomorrow
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Dyslexicon wrote:

I didn't. Because he hasn't posted anything yet. That's characteristic of him. He enjoys the monotony of reading gazillion posts at once, picking out what interest him, and then make a post quoting a couple of people with his reads based on those posts.
Dyslexicon wrote:Also, do you guys use countdown timers here, or do we have to memorize when day ends? (Cause I'm totes lazy like that).

Do you mean this?
Dyslexicon wrote:
Long Con wrote:Seems like an attempt to get through loopholes. I wouldn't allow it as a host.
You'd rather have the mafia NK pr before they have the chance to share useful information?Well that's a town mindset if I ever saw one!
+ It's totally fair play, but probably messy in this setup (which I'll get back to why I think)
I didn't quite understand what you're referring to when you say mindslip. And on that note, could you list the various color tags, like orange for sarcasm, I presume.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Silverwolf »

Frog wrote:
sig wrote:MM seems to be as jokey as normal, not an alignment indicator.

MP comes into the thread with his normal "I won't post much it doesn't mean I'm mafia unlesssss I decide to post alot, but I probably won't" thing. So expect lots of posts and activity from MP. :P
sig wrote:There isn't much to go on yet but, inaword had a towny entrance to the thread.

He is doing some RVS, but that is common on MU. I usually dislike doing this however, it isn't an alignment indicator.
sig wrote:However, having said this I'm not sure I like how MP is talking about the hammer function. It's a bad gut ping to me. Not enough to vote/lynch on, but I'll be keeping my eye on MP.
I was going to comment on these tidbits as well but figured it was common knowledge and too much information instead of analysis. However, since you've opened pandora's box:

1) I agree, so far there is very little that alignment indicative
2) I personally dislike RVS as well - I feel it's just an excuse for scum to rack up post count without content, but more importantly, it's not game solvey. However, it is widely prevalent. It is what it is. I have a theory with respect to this I will build upon later today.
3) I thought the discussion of the hammer function was useful to be honest, I didn't know about hammer existing D1. It was more like an informative heads up, which isn't indicative of alignment. Again, IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis) has been disproven as alignment indicative (Silverwolf and Ika know which MS article I'm referencing).
IIoA is not really a good alignment tell anymore. It used to be a way to scumhunt but I've seen too many town use it to accurately be able to use this to scumhunt.
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Golden wrote:Oh but you didn't defend sig zexy. That's my point. You only criticised sloonei.

I didn't mean 'reading sig off', I meant 'reading sig from so little information'. I've seen people who can regularly make successful day 0 scum reads on less.
Well I though sloonei was the one who was too quick on reading someone. It's not sig's fault that he was read quickly.

I haven't. And I explained I didn't know how good Sloonei was at analysis at the time or how much he could've known sig from before.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK, fair enough. I believe its possible because I know people for whom it is possible. Day zero is probably my best day in terms of accurate reads, too.

Leaving vote on your for now, but it's a mild read. It's unlikely to stay there, at very least unless there were new reasons come up.
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Not sure I can see what LC's slip is.

No clue what IIoA is and why it's not a good alignment tell anymore (or why it was before)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Frog wrote:Surprised at how little interaction Dislexia is getting after those fierce posts. :-P
Spidey senses are a-tingling
Fierce, darlin, fierce! :beer:
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

For now

Vote: Metalmarshmellow89
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Frog wrote:Just for reference- we should all be interacting with each player ~5 posts for anything meaningful.
5x16 = 80
80x17 = 1360 posts D1 is a baseline

Kind of just want to make a slanker lynch pact, but we'll see how it shakes out tomorrow
I think it would be more like ~ 700.

80 + 75 + 70 + 65 + 60 + 55 + ........ + 5
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Frog wrote:For now

Vote: Metalmarshmellow89
You have to make it ALL CAPS.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marco wrote:I didn't. Because he hasn't posted anything yet. That's characteristic of him. He enjoys the monotony of reading gazillion posts at once, picking out what interest him, and then make a post quoting a couple of people with his reads based on those posts.
Yeah, sorry, I thought you were talking about Sloonei. I will be looking forward to the Soneji catch up then.
Do you mean this?
Dyslexicon wrote:
Long Con wrote:Seems like an attempt to get through loopholes. I wouldn't allow it as a host.
You'd rather have the mafia NK pr before they have the chance to share useful information?Well that's a town mindset if I ever saw one!
+ It's totally fair play, but probably messy in this setup (which I'll get back to why I think)
I didn't quite understand what you're referring to when you say mindslip. And on that note, could you list the various color tags, like orange for sarcasm, I presume.
I mean having the mindset of a scum, so thinking like one. The post Long con replied to put Hypo claiming in a positive light (afair), something that helps town. He responded with that it seemed like trying to get through loopholes and he'd disallow it (presumably because it would be unfair to the mafia that town would get that advantage). So that is a scummy mindset, or taking scum's side if you will. Does that make sense?

These things can be stretch, maybe. But it is something I noticed. And nothing else Long con has said has made me think town on him.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Zexy wrote:Not sure I can see what LC's slip is.

No clue what IIoA is and why it's not a good alignment tell anymore (or why it was before)
IIoA is, like, answering the questions of people who are trying to figure out mechanics, for instance. Or, in a themed game, a good example would be giving information about the theme in case it helps make better in-game decisions.

Sometimes it is perceived as someone trying to look town and people get accused of being scum for doing it. Or they actually get town points for doing it. When, truthfully, everyone is equally likely to do these things.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Frog, Can you explain your read shift on Zexy?

I really want a code for calling out players, it would be much easier to see. (On PerC we have mentions, so you literally get a notification on the site if someone mentions you). Can I color names purple?
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

I feel like Silverwolf's posts have a very "drifter" quality to them. Just moving along, picking random posts and responding to them. There seems to be no desire to interact beyond the occasional observation or to engage anyone. The participation seems superficial. What do others think?

VOTE SILVERWOLF
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm dead tired, so I'm going to do some sleeping. Which incidentally is my favorite activety. Lucky me!

People I'm scowling the most at for now is: Sloonei (if anyone has extended meta here, slam it in my face) and Long con.

I'm not trusting Golden, but I couldn't tell you why. The thought that Zexy would immediately defend a buddy at such an early stage is a bit strange to me (Zexy recently said this as well). Haven't seen anything particularly town from the wolf avatar (sorry I'm bad at names)

And all of the lurkers.

I feel I don't know people well enough to have real town reads, but if I were to be a crazy cat I'd put Marco, PSI and sig as townish and maybe even Frog and Zexy. Wow. Much reads. *compulsively gives reads*

Good night. :cloud9:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Silverwolf »

Dyslexicon wrote:Oh and I use the terms scum and town. And I refuse to use any other. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Me too!!!!
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Marco wrote:I didn't. Because he hasn't posted anything yet. That's characteristic of him. He enjoys the monotony of reading gazillion posts at once, picking out what interest him, and then make a post quoting a couple of people with his reads based on those posts.
Yeah, sorry, I thought you were talking about Sloonei. I will be looking forward to the Soneji catch up then.
Do you mean this?
Dyslexicon wrote:
I mean having the mindset of a scum, so thinking like one. The post Long con replied to put Hypo claiming in a positive light (afair), something that helps town. He responded with that it seemed like trying to get through loopholes and he'd disallow it (presumably because it would be unfair to the mafia that town would get that advantage). So that is a scummy mindset, or taking scum's side if you will. Does that make sense?

These things can be stretch, maybe. But it is something I noticed. And nothing else Long con has said has made me think town on him.
Honestly, to me, it looked like he just didn't understand the concept. I can't quite see why he'd consider it an attempt to get through loopholes.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:I'm not trusting Golden, but I couldn't tell you why. The thought that Zexy would immediately defend a buddy at such an early stage is a bit strange to me (Zexy recently said this as well). Haven't seen anything particularly town from the wolf avatar (sorry I'm bad at names)
"Immediately defend a buddy at such an early stage"

This is exactly when subtle defence of baddies does happen - and, let me make it very clear, Zexy did NOT defend sig. She criticised sloonei. These things are different. I wouldn't expect to see it on day three. In the very early going? All the time.

Zexy wouldn't be the first baddie I've caught that way, not by a long shot.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

I can definitely see how Zexy is coming across as scummy. I don't mind switching my vote over to him either. @Golden, what are your thoughts on SilverWolf?
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by ika »

Marco wrote:I feel like Silverwolf's posts have a very "drifter" quality to them. Just moving along, picking random posts and responding to them. There seems to be no desire to interact beyond the occasional observation or to engage anyone. The participation seems superficial. What do others think?

VOTE SILVERWOLF
How about you let her catch up first? You will just tick her off by doing that.

I am going to do the same thing. I have been slightly following but I don't like mobile talking.

marco
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

ika wrote:
Marco wrote:I feel like Silverwolf's posts have a very "drifter" quality to them. Just moving along, picking random posts and responding to them. There seems to be no desire to interact beyond the occasional observation or to engage anyone. The participation seems superficial. What do others think?

VOTE SILVERWOLF
How about you let her catch up first? You will just tick her off by doing that.

I am going to do the same thing. I have been slightly following but I don't like mobile talking.

marco
I didn't know she was still catching up, but there's no real harm. She can come defend herself.

Why are you voting me?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Marco wrote:I can definitely see how Zexy is coming across as scummy. I don't mind switching my vote over to him either. @Golden, what are your thoughts on SilverWolf?
Don't see anything out of the ordinary from what I know of her yet. But I know very little of her.

In Turf Wars, she was the voice that kept saying we should be focussing on some other people to the people who were the main topic of conversation. She was ultimately right, and also town. It doesn't bother me if she focusses on places that are different to where others are for this reason.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Golden wrote:
Marco wrote:I can definitely see how Zexy is coming across as scummy. I don't mind switching my vote over to him either. @Golden, what are your thoughts on SilverWolf?
Don't see anything out of the ordinary from what I know of her yet. But I know very little of her.

In Turf Wars, she was the voice that kept saying we should be focussing on some other people to the people who were the main topic of conversation. She was ultimately right, and also town. It doesn't bother me if she focusses on places that are different to where others are for this reason.
It's not so much focus on other ends as it's just migrating from one topic to the next. Try ISOing her if you haven't. But if ika is right and Silver is catching up, that could explain it. Some people like to continuously post their thoughts as they are catching up. I don't encourage it because sometimes you'll post something and read up and realize someone had already made your post pointless. It's much better to catch up with the whole thread while making note of whatever piques your interest and then make a single (or couple, in succession) post about them.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”