Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
It’s my birthday

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Sloonei »

Zexy wrote:I’m not that sure IAWY’s entrance in the thread was towny, sig. But it’s not necessarily scummy either. Thanks for the meta advice on MP.

Can someone give us meta on Long Con? That’s a strange entrance they make there, but it feels like it’s their thing.

Sloonei, do you know sig well enough to consider their actions as scummy? I can see your points, but if it’s something sig does regardless of alignment we need to cut some slack. Sig gave thoughts on Sloonei and I can't say I disagree either.
sig is usually an active player, but I can't recall any time he's made that many early posts with so little content preceding him.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Zexy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What I didn't like about your posts is that they seemed like an easy opportunistic set of early observations when there wasn't a whole lot of content to analyze. It's a good and easy way to establish yourself early on as a town leader.
I don't think you are the kind of person who would base a read only on that anyway when so much more is going to happen.
I'd like to believe same goes for sig.
You are right. A lot more is going to happen. But that more has not happened yet, so for now I have to work with what I have. What do you think of sig and I? Your last post didn't really give a stance either way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marco
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Marco »

Frog wrote:Sup! I randed Town so GG.

I'll read what you guys have posted so far, but insofar as tempo control to immediately move out of the RVS stage, I'm going to bring up a polarizing strategy related question:

I've JUST finished a C12 match on MU where many vanillagers were fake claiming TPRs, and fake counter claiming TPRs all over the place. Some of them worked, some of them didn't. Those that didn't work were because of a cognitive dissonance between players. With this in mind, if you are town reading a player, and they fake claim a power role, would you counter claim them?

Furthermore, with respect to claims, I'm planning on following this format every day:
If I'm X role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
If I'm Y role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
If I'm Z role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
By TPR, do you just mean Town PR or something else? As for your question, do you mean if I'm a PR and I see my town-read fake-claim my role, would I counter-claim him? Or do you just mean if I think he's fake-claiming someone else's role?
Zexy wrote:
Marco wrote:VOTE ZEXY for being scum.
Oh no you got me already :(
Alas. That's the way she goes.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

*makes content*

This is totally content. Contented content. *nods knowingly*
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Frog for introducing himself by telling us all he's town and then posing a question that isn't related to anything going on right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Zexy
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Zexy »

Sloonei wrote:You are right. A lot more is going to happen. But that more has not happened yet, so for now I have to work with what I have. What do you think of sig and I? Your last post didn't really give a stance either way.
If anything, the fact you are trying to read someone on this little could be scum trying to slowly and steadily justify a scumread on a townie.
I don't have too much of a stance yet, my posts are also there so you two react to them and they can help me read you through that. You are more defensive than sig which is also slightly scummy of you to do.
Marco wrote:Alas. That's the way she goes.
She?

While I'd like to see more from Dyslexicon, posts like that are kinda regular in PerC so it's cool for now :)

Also, Sloonei, Frog's question is good and all. Explaining basic stuff about power role cover is useful.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

I mean VOTE FROG
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Zexy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:You are right. A lot more is going to happen. But that more has not happened yet, so for now I have to work with what I have. What do you think of sig and I? Your last post didn't really give a stance either way.
If anything, the fact you are trying to read someone on this little could be scum trying to slowly and steadily justify a scumread on a townie.
I don't have too much of a stance yet, my posts are also there so you two react to them and they can help me read you through that. You are more defensive than sig which is also slightly scummy of you to do.
Marco wrote:Alas. That's the way she goes.
She?

While I'd like to see more from Dyslexicon, posts like that are kinda regular in PerC so it's cool for now :)

Also, Sloonei, Frog's question is good and all. Explaining basic stuff about power role cover is useful.
So I shouldn't be attempting to read anyone? Got it.

And I'd like to hear Frog's response to me before I pass any further judgment on him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote:I mean VOTE FROG
I agree.

VOTE FROG

Besides, he buddied me in the sign up thread.
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Sloonei wrote:So I shouldn't be attempting to read anyone? Got it.
You shouldn't read someone on that little info and be very defensive of it.
Dyslexicon wrote:I agree.

VOTE FROG

I don't really like this...

that's pre-rand lol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Moved to unvote because we have 60 hours and a hammer.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Dyslexicon, what would you say your normal activity level in a game is?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Zexy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:So I shouldn't be attempting to read anyone? Got it.
You shouldn't read someone on that little info and be very defensive of it.
Dyslexicon wrote:I agree.

VOTE FROG

I don't really like this...

that's pre-rand lol
I am reading a player based on the content he's provided. I have a reason and I explained my reason when it was questioned. That is not defensiveness, that is standard Mafia procedure. I know it's not strong but this is Day 1 and we need to start somewhere.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Sloonei wrote:I am reading a player based on the content he's provided. I have a reason and I explained my reason when it was questioned. That is not defensiveness, that is standard Mafia procedure. I know it's not strong but this is Day 1 and we need to start somewhere.
That's good enough of an answer for now, I mostly wanted a reaction as I explained above.
I want to see sig's POV a bit more as well.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:MM seems to be as jokey as normal, not an alignment indicator.

MP comes into the thread with his normal "I won't post much it doesn't mean I'm mafia unlesssss I decide to post alot, but I probably won't" thing. So expect lots of posts and activity from MP. :P
Don't tell everyone the meta that indicates nothing of my alignment! Mafia is srsbusienseses. :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Zexy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am reading a player based on the content he's provided. I have a reason and I explained my reason when it was questioned. That is not defensiveness, that is standard Mafia procedure. I know it's not strong but this is Day 1 and we need to start somewhere.
That's good enough of an answer for now, I mostly wanted a reaction as I explained above.
I dig it. I'm not reading you as scum in any of these interactions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Frog
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Frog »

Inawordyes wrote:
Marco wrote:
Thanks. That's perfect.

Unvote
Ooh, okay. So I'm gonna go ahead and poke Frog since I know him from MU games. Heyo! How are you? WHY ARE YOU MAFIA?!?!? *cough* Ahem,I mean, "would it possible in any sort of context unique to both this world and any potential alternate realities that you could inform our inquiring minds just as to the current state of this fine game as perceived from your self and, potentially, a hint as to the true nature of where your alignments lie, to which you could also potentially be lying to us with a bold face and would need to understandably be punished? :biggrin:

VOTE FROG
1 - lmao, you verbose SOAB. Keep content short and sweet plox
2 - You never claimed to rand town (suspicious as fish)
3 - I don't usually like engaging in RVS silliness, but I'm doing pretty decent thanks for asking :-D About to head out to the bar next door. Congrats on F3 in the princess game btw, I'll give you a hint with respect to one of my secret identities:
Our hero, the intrepid Spaceman Spiff, struggles with the controls of his damaged spacecraft!
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote:
sig wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Hi!
Hello. :beer:
Sloonei wrote:Sig came in and tried to drag as much content out of things as he could. I'd like that if it didn't feel like such an effort to distance oneself from the label of low participation or scumminess.
Let's VOTE SIG
You'd usually like it but, don't this time? That doesn't make much sense.Also it is weird seeing how this is the beginning of day 1 so how would I be labeled as low participation if I hadn't had made any posts after my first one? :shrug:

So why is it scummy that I'm posting and trying to get some content, since from where I sit it looks like your trying to stifle discussion. :eye:
I am not trying to stifle any discussion. That is a strange thing to accuse me of. What I didn't like about your posts is that they seemed like an easy opportunistic set of early observations when there wasn't a whole lot of content to analyze. It's a good and easy way to establish yourself early on as a town leader. I don't feel like the content in the thread prior to your string of posts warranted everything you said.
Okay I understand your point here, however I'd disagree that I'm asd mafia trying to establish myself as a town leader, for two reasons. One I'm not mafia and two I'm not trying to be a leader, they always get Nk'd and I like living. :P
Sloonei wrote:
Zexy wrote:I’m not that sure IAWY’s entrance in the thread was towny, sig. But it’s not necessarily scummy either. Thanks for the meta advice on MP.

Can someone give us meta on Long Con? That’s a strange entrance they make there, but it feels like it’s their thing.

Sloonei, do you know sig well enough to consider their actions as scummy? I can see your points, but if it’s something sig does regardless of alignment we need to cut some slack. Sig gave thoughts on Sloonei and I can't say I disagree either.
sig is usually an active player, but I can't recall any time he's made that many early posts with so little content preceding him.
I think you're right here, on TS I don't usually make so many quick fire posts that early. However, I had some things I wanted to talk about and was gauging people so I decided to do it. Besides I enjoyed EST mafia where I was slightly more involved and did some real game solving so I want to play the same way here. Also something more important to keep in mind, we usually start with Day 0 and I rarely post on Day 0s.
Frog wrote:Sup! I randed Town so GG.

I'll read what you guys have posted so far, but insofar as tempo control to immediately move out of the RVS stage, I'm going to bring up a polarizing strategy related question:

I've JUST finished a C12 match on MU where many vanillagers were fake claiming TPRs, and fake counter claiming TPRs all over the place. Some of them worked, some of them didn't. Those that didn't work were because of a cognitive dissonance between players. With this in mind, if you are town reading a player, and they fake claim a power role, would you counter claim them?

Furthermore, with respect to claims, I'm planning on following this format every day:
So in most games TS will punish role claiming with death (thanks Mp/Daisy :pout: :P) while this isn't the case in this game I'd say it is something to keep in mind. While discussing claiming.

I myself am very against claiming in almost all cases. Especially fake claims. This throws the thread into chaos and would help the mafia when those who truly have the role your claiming counterclaim and get Nk'd or lynched. Even if this doesn't happen if people claim and divert the thread it will aid the mafia/ So the fact you're suggesting this does ping me a bit. However, I do recognize that it isn't necessary scummy to be pro claiming.

To answer your question, if someone I'm town reading claims my role I'd suspect them to be mafia, role hunting. The only time it is okay to claim is if you're about to get lynched, or if you've got a red check on a player.

Dyslexicon is funny so far, I mistrust that. Will be keeping an eye on him.

Also I don't find it strange he claimed town, I do dislike his role claiming idea.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote:*makes content*

This man(?) has clearly shown clear civilian behavior in this post. DX is cleared!

May I call you DX? Do you have a preferred nickname?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

This.

This hammer will be interesting, I've never used one bfore. Can't wait to see who gets... nailed.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

MP comes into the thread with his normal "I won't post much it doesn't mean I'm mafia unlesssss I decide to post alot, but I probably won't" thing. So expect lots of posts and activity from MP. :P
Don't tell everyone the meta that indicates nothing of my alignment! Mafia is srsbusienseses. :mafia:
Sorry MM :(

Zexy wrote:
I don't actually think Sloonei is mafia right now, I've got a ping on him, but not to big of one.
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marco wrote:Dyslexicon, what would you say your normal activity level in a game is?
My lips are sealed! This is most sacred information that I will keep close to my chest.
It would be of no use to me if people knew I was a total post whore, typically, in my home forum.

:omg:
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

So, sig: what is TS? What do you think of Sloonei’s push on you? You defended, but what does that mean in regards to his alignment?

I disagree on the fake claiming part because in MU there actually a power role cover system where everybody claims all the roles so that the real ones get to “naturally” throw their real results in without standing out too much. And others fakeclaim to draw NKs.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

This man(?) has clearly shown clear civilian behavior in this post. DX is cleared!

May I call you DX? Do you have a preferred nickname?
Omg! I'm so glad you asked this! The last thing, that is!

I go by Dizzy on my home forum, and I'm actually very fond of that nickname. Probably because I was neither cool enough or important enough to be given a nickname in school. So, please, if you will, call me Dizzy.

You know those dogs that responds to any name if you just say them in a goofy, happy tone? I'm not that dog. I'm actually not a dog at all. Surprised as you may be, I am a cat, for sure.

Best question yet pretends that I have read the thread and you will be my strongest town read for the rest of the game. Nice going!^^

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Sig, what is the nature of your ping on me? How strong is it and why is it there?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Meta on Metalmarsh please? Looks like RVS guy like Long Con etc.

Thanks for that line about Sloonei, sig. Didn’t see it when I typed my previous post.

But seriously people there’s no point in asking players themselves about metas/activity levels. It’s the others who know them that need to tell you.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

sig wrote:There isn't much to go on yet but, inaword had a towny entrance to the thread.

He is doing some RVS, but that is common on MU. I usually dislike doing this however, it isn't an alignment indicator.
sig wrote:However, having said this I'm not sure I like how MP is talking about the hammer function. It's a bad gut ping to me. Not enough to vote/lynch on, but I'll be keeping my eye on MP.
I was going to comment on these tidbits as well but figured it was common knowledge and too much information instead of analysis. However, since you've opened pandora's box:

1) I agree, so far there is very little that alignment indicative
2) I personally dislike RVS as well - I feel it's just an excuse for scum to rack up post count without content, but more importantly, it's not game solvey. However, it is widely prevalent. It is what it is. I have a theory with respect to this I will build upon later today.
3) I thought the discussion of the hammer function was useful to be honest, I didn't know about hammer existing D1. It was more like an informative heads up, which isn't indicative of alignment. Again, IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis) has been disproven as alignment indicative (Silverwolf and Ika know which MS article I'm referencing).
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Sloonei wrote:Sig, what is the nature of your ping on me? How strong is it and why is it there?
I like this post. You really don't let a single sentence slip, don't you?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alright. I'm just going to blend into the background so you guys get some time to develop some disputes. Then I will point at the scums using the highly scientific method of "spin the bottle".

- Kisses :cloud9:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hey, who moved their vote from Frog? He had such nice votes. :(

Meanies.

/is really going though.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Zexy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Sig, what is the nature of your ping on me? How strong is it and why is it there?
I like this post. You really don't let a single sentence slip, don't you?
I would never!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Frog's post just above my latest one has a really weird layout for me is it a screenshot or?

kk Dizzy is really PerC style quirky. I lean town because he feels too comfortable doing this.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Frog wrote:

sig wrote:There isn't much to go on yet but, inaword had a towny entrance to the thread.

He is doing some RVS, but that is common on MU. I usually dislike doing this however, it isn't an alignment indicator.
sig wrote:However, having said this I'm not sure I like how MP is talking about the hammer function. It's a bad gut ping to me. Not enough to vote/lynch on, but I'll be keeping my eye on MP.
I was going to comment on these tidbits as well but figured it was common knowledge and too much information instead of analysis. However, since you've opened pandora's box:

2) I personally dislike RVS as well - I feel it's just an excuse for scum to rack up post count without content, but more importantly, it's not game solvey. However, it is widely prevalent. It is what it is. I have a theory with respect to this I will build upon later today.
3) I thought the discussion of the hammer function was useful to be honest, I didn't know about hammer existing D1. It was more like an informative heads up, which isn't indicative of alignment. Again, IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis) has been disproven as alignment indicative (Silverwolf and Ika know which MS article I'm referencing).
Just FYI that I fixed the coding in this post. You probably saw that it sort of blew up the page -- this is a known issue with the spoiler tags that is still being sorted out. Sometimes it happens and it's difficult to predict. If it happens again, anyone please let me know.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Zexy wrote:So, sig: what is TS? What do you think of Sloonei’s push on you? You defended, but what does that mean in regards to his alignment?

I disagree on the fake claiming part because in MU there actually a power role cover system where everybody claims all the roles so that the real ones get to “naturally” throw their real results in without standing out too much. And others fakeclaim to draw NKs.
TS= The syndicate
I misliked his push on me however, I don't think that means he is mafia. I'd say I'm still null on Sloonei.

I don't plan to get in an argument on claiming, I think that like No lynching will always boil down to a cultural difference and has nothing to do with alignment.

Also Sloonie, I'm usually more active early on for 36/12 games (which is the type I started with) I did forget we had 60 hours for the weekend though.

linki: So many posts slow down! :P Though it is starting to feel like MU which is good I guess.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Frog wrote:

What do you define as RVS and why is it "not game solvey"?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Long Con wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Hey, I hear we're playing a mafia game in here?
Yeah man! You in? You Mafia?
Sloonei wrote:Yea to both, King Con.
Please don't self lynch bait :fist:

Imagine the setup further down the line and there is no way to prove your alignment (aka vanilla-esque game). By opening with a self-lynch bait and no way to 'clear' yourself, if you end up in F3 scenario, you're going to be untrustworthy from the beginning.

1. You are either lying about your alignment - untrustworthy
or
2. You are mafia - untrustworthy

It's a lose-lose type of situation.

I'm just going to ask you straight up:
1) Were you kidding about being in the mafia?
2) Tell me you're town.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Zexy wrote:So, sig: what is TS? What do you think of Sloonei’s push on you? You defended, but what does that mean in regards to his alignment?

That works best when people are used to hypo claiming. We could go that route but doesn't look to me like everyone is used to hypo on their home boards. I don't mind PR cover either but it's hard to pull off with complete strangers. I'd have to have a really strong town-read on someone (or say an innocent report).
Psittaciform
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Psittaciform »

Hello~
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Psittacitform caught my eye. VOTE PSITTACITFORM. I see you there with your hand in the cookie jar. What have you to say for yourself!
Thanks for the welcome! Cookie jar? What cookies, vanilla? Because I have a vanilla here, not a cookie, however. :P
Zexy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What I didn't like about your posts is that they seemed like an easy opportunistic set of early observations when there wasn't a whole lot of content to analyze. It's a good and easy way to establish yourself early on as a town leader.
I don't think you are the kind of person who would base a read only on that anyway when so much more is going to happen.
I'd like to believe same goes for sig.
I'll just note on this that Zexy is also prone to analyze anything he can and try to set himself up as a town leader, which can (at least partly) explain why he's going to Sig's defense here over that.
On that note, I'm not, you won't hear from me unless I feel I have something worth saying.
Frog wrote: I've JUST finished a C12 match on MU where many vanillagers were fake claiming TPRs, and fake counter claiming TPRs all over the place. Some of them worked, some of them didn't. Those that didn't work were because of a cognitive dissonance between players. With this in mind, if you are town reading a player, and they fake claim a power role, would you counter claim them?

Cognitive dissonance? And no, I don't think I would, and I wouldn't recommend anyone else be that eager to, either. Unless you have a clear goal and plan to get something out of your fake claim/counter-claim, it only stands to spread confusion, and potentially cause a mislynch or two.

Ok, and what's your point?

...And I feel this "new posts" feature is lovely, helps keep me up to date, again and again and- :stare:

Second addendum: OH GOD I CAN'T POST STOP HELP
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Marco wrote:

That works best when people are used to hypo claiming. We could go that route but doesn't look to me like everyone is used to hypo on their home boards. I don't mind PR cover either but it's hard to pull off with complete strangers. I'd have to have a really strong town-read on someone (or say an innocent report).
What good does it do for every player to claim every role? How does it benefit the Power Roles to be able to "naturally" throw their real results in?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Marco wrote:Dyslexicon, what would you say your normal activity level in a game is?
My lips are sealed! This is most sacred information that I will keep close to my chest.
It would be of no use to me if people knew I was a total post whore, typically, in my home forum.

:omg:
If you are town it is always useful for you to help other townies to read you as town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Sloonei wrote:
Frog wrote:

RVS - is "Random Voting Stage" - it's the part of the beginning of the game where votes are almost entirely random, and the first 50-100 posts are jokes, gifs, and mostly devoid of content. I don't like that method of gameplay when my win con requires that I solve the game. Which is why I brought up a strategy discussion instead.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Zexy wrote:Frog's post just above my latest one has a really weird layout for me is it a screenshot or?

kk Dizzy is really PerC style quirky. I lean town because he feels too comfortable doing this.
Shouldn't you question whether or not I'd do this as scum too though? :mafia:

*throws not so subtle shade while still not being here*
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Idk about Frog those posts are typical mechanics posts that both alignments like to make. That part about disliking RVS only for him to ask people to tell him that they are town and doing so himself… hypocritical at least. Yet not enough to warrant even more votes on Frog of all people who’s got his fair share for now.

Sig’s fine for now. No need to fight over claiming indeed. Sloonei and his questions are better though.

Marco still talking about mechanics/strategy… not so good I’d say.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Frog wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Hey, I hear we're playing a mafia game in here?
Yeah man! You in? You Mafia?
Sloonei wrote:Yea to both, King Con.
Please don't self lynch bait :fist:

Imagine the setup further down the line and there is no way to prove your alignment (aka vanilla-esque game). By opening with a self-lynch bait and no way to 'clear' yourself, if you end up in F3 scenario, you're going to be untrustworthy from the beginning.

1. You are either lying about your alignment - untrustworthy
or
2. You are mafia - untrustworthy

It's a lose-lose type of situation.

I'm just going to ask you straight up:
1) Were you kidding about being in the mafia?
2) Tell me you're town.
:shrug: What do you think of all my other posts?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh and I use the terms scum and town. And I refuse to use any other. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Long Con wrote:
Marco wrote:

What good does it do for every player to claim every role? How does it benefit the Power Roles to be able to "naturally" throw their real results in?
If everyone is hypo-claiming with their results for each night, you can get some nifty patterns out of the mafia's night-kill choices. As well as potential mafia slips.
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Btw I’m not checking messages that were written between the time I started typing and the time I hit the post button. In MU there’s no feature to check those posts so I’d like to imitate that.

Well Psi, Sloonei already has me beat in the analyzing thing.

Well, Dizzy, I said you look too comfortable while doing this all which feels towny. This is your first serious post btw, interesting way to start there…
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

sig wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Hi!
Hello. :beer:
Sloonei wrote:Sig came in and tried to drag as much content out of things as he could. I'd like that if it didn't feel like such an effort to distance oneself from the label of low participation or scumminess.
Let's VOTE SIG
You'd usually like it but, don't this time? That doesn't make much sense.Also it is weird seeing how this is the beginning of day 1 so how would I be labeled as low participation if I hadn't had made any posts after my first one? :shrug:

So why is it scummy that I'm posting and trying to get some content, since from where I sit it looks like your trying to stifle discussion. :eye:
lmao - I sense a divide amongst players and I'm not entirely certain if it's alignment indicative or not. Trolls and Tryhards. I'm going to go ahead and say when I'm town I tryhard, I'm putting Sig as Villager lean.

Sloonei's aggressive behavior doesn't seem characteristic of a wolf unless he truly just does not give a flip in any of his games. Can anyone confirm Sloonei's meta as town vs. scum?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Zexy wrote:Well, Dizzy, I said you look too comfortable while doing this all which feels towny. This is your first serious post btw, interesting way to start there…
Intersting take on my posts...
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Frog wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Frog wrote:

RVS - is "Random Voting Stage" - it's the part of the beginning of the game where votes are almost entirely random, and the first 50-100 posts are jokes, gifs, and mostly devoid of content. I don't like that method of gameplay when my win con requires that I solve the game. Which is why I brought up a strategy discussion instead.
I know what RVS refers to, but I've seen a lot of people have a lot of different definitions and interpretations of it. You seem to be opposed to it. I come from a community that thrives on it. But your concern about joke posts does not need to apply here. We are very serious about our random nonsense voting. I believe throwing things against the wall and seeing what sticks is a good way to start the game, so that's always what I will do. It's how I start solving the game.
I also like strategy discussion. But I don't necessarily think talking strategy is a town-tell. So I'll need more content out of you if I'm going to start reading you as town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”