Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 7]

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:There's a reason why I don't trust Snow Dog.

Bananas are more valuable to baddies than civvies.

Snow Dog. Why bananas over grog? Why not grog someone twice instead of banana lc twice?
Doesn't that have the same net result? Remove votes from one dude, or put votes on the other dude.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:

Snow Dog. Why bananas over grog? Why not grog someone twice instead of banana lc twice?
Doesn't that have the same net result? Remove votes from one dude, or put votes on the other dude.
Nope, it's a survivalist vs activist mindset. A baddie normally takes measures to save themself rather lynch others.

Bananas are more valuable than that to a baddie because they know who to trust and who to save when shit goes bad.

Now I ask, would a civ get bananas and save them for themself or would a civ get grog and nuke who they found suspect?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Nope, it's a survivalist vs activist mindset. A baddie normally takes measures to save themself rather lynch others.

Bananas are more valuable than that to a baddie because they know who to trust and who to save when shit goes bad.

Now I ask, would a civ get bananas and save them for themself or would a civ get grog and nuke who they found suspect?
If I got bananas or grog, I would use them to save myself, generally. Nuking a suspect might happen if I was really sure about it, but otherwise survival is imperative. I would use them at a point where I was in danger of being lynched, to alter the lynch so the other guy gets it. Bananas or grog do the same job in that, the most likely usage situation.

Snow Dog used his for someone else, which was a risk. But it's the same risk whether it's bananas or grog, because you'r using your instincts, your detective work, voting analysis, or whatever else you use to decide who is good and who is bad... and you could be wrong. Saving someone else with bananas, or condemning someone else with grog, it's the exact same risk if you're not 100% sure about the other guy. You could banana a villain, and you could grog a Civ.

If Snow Dog had had two grogs in his possession, and used them both on Mac, would that make you view the situation differently?
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Post by Snow Dog »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:

I don't have grog and never have. The bananas were to save my own ass if needed, I took a risk on saving LC. Now I am defenceless. If LC flips bad at any time, well, I was obviously a fool and maybe I am anyway. It is done now.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 5]

Post by DrWilgy »

@LC yes

@Snow Dog where'd you get those bananers?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:@LC yes
The net result is the exact same, so this is 100% about mindset, right? I think maybe we think differently. I don't see grog as a gun and banana as a first aid kit. I see them both as an item that alters the lynch by one vote... I don't have a different mindset toward a positive or negative number.

If a lynch is within one vote of an alternate result, or tied, then the item can alter the lynch as I choose.

If a lynch is two or more votes away from an alternate result, then my item cannot alter the lynch, and is useless during this lynch.

You can sub in grog or banana for the item, or you could introduce a third item, guacamole, that can either add OR subtract a vote from someone... and to me, they're all the same item.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Which is a fine thing to think, but I disagree.

@LC how did you know about this situation before it happened?
Long Con wrote:
Soneji wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I want to lynch Long Con, and our only chance today is if DrWilgy joins me in forcing a tie (and someone has a wonderful item to use).

But I don't like ties either. This lynch is the worst.
I would like to join you but I don't trust Scotty ;__;

Do I vote Snow Dog, Ji-San or Scotty?
It doesn't matter much. If you're not voting Long Con then the lynch is set in stone on myself.
Not so set in stone. Maybe someone will use bananas and/or grog and make me get lynched. :haha:

I would totally get revenge on that person. :|
Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok I'm not sure I am allowed to answer that.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Snow Dog wrote:

In this case, I'm to assume that you are Stan, Toothrot or a cannibal with Toothrot's Banana picker.
Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

In this case, I'm to assume that you are Stan, Toothrot or a cannibal with Toothrot's Banana picker.
Makes no sense for me to be a cannibal. Why would I save LC?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:Which is a fine thing to think, but I disagree.

Long Con wrote:
Soneji wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I want to lynch Long Con, and our only chance today is if DrWilgy joins me in forcing a tie (and someone has a wonderful item to use).

It doesn't matter much. If you're not voting Long Con then the lynch is set in stone on myself.
Not so set in stone. Maybe someone will use bananas and/or grog and make me get lynched. :haha:

But I'm not referencing any situations before they happened, because that situation didn't happen. No one used bananas and/or grog to get me lynched.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Snow Dog wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

He's your teammate.
Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Which is a fine thing to think, but I disagree.

Long Con wrote:
Soneji wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

But I'm not referencing any situations before they happened, because that situation didn't happen. No one used bananas and/or grog to get me lynched.
Subject matter is different, but you called Item Shenanigans interacting with your potential death before it happened.
Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

He's your teammate.

There is no logic to that. If he were my teammate, I'd have saved him without saying anything.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Snow Dog wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

He's your teammate.

There is no logic to that. If he were my teammate, I'd have saved him without saying anything.
Incorrect, you have only stated "Look I saved a Civ" since it happened. I believe you were going for cred to win this lylo.
Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

He's your teammate.

Incorrect, you have only stated "Look I saved a Civ" since it happened. I believe you were going for cred to win this lylo.
I haven't said that, because I don't know that LC is civ. I have however helped lynch a pirate. I don't know what lylo is.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:Subject matter is different, but you called Item Shenanigans interacting with your potential death before it happened.
Oh ok. Well, I read the initial posts in the game, and I was aware that these items existed, and that people probably had some in their possession, and that they would be used when it was a very close lynch. I feared my detractors would have them, and skew the lynch against me, but I was fortunate that it was the other way around.
DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

He's your teammate.
No, Wilgy. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, dude.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:I don't know what lylo is.
LyLo = Lynch or Lose
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Vompatti »

An inflatable device used in water to get proper brown.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm getting a Lylo and going to the pool.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

just got done visiting a children's hospital for PR. I love seein those kids smile
Long Con wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Zebra can you comment on LC's vote analysis?
Trash.
Well, the facts about who voted for who are not trash, they are facts. So if my analysis was trash, then why don't you use those facts to show us what a proper analysis looks like. Take your time, we seem to have until Friday.
Long Con wrote:Ok zebra. I'll try harder tomorrow.

In the interest of not splitting the vote, I'll go along with Snow Dog's judgement and vote for Scotty today.

*votes Scotty*
Man, you didn't even wait 12 hours to vote me, didja? :rolleyes:

I made a math error in my previous post- I thought there was one more player than there is. I think that with 2 cannibals left we are in LYLO unless there's a successful block or protect. So do not lynch me. We can't afford this.

Snowdog, your choice to save LC will either be one of the worst moves for us this game or a good one. I think you were either swayed by LC (though i don't recall you saying exactly what swayed you) or purposefully saved him because he is your teammate. If we are in LyLo like I now think we are, what do you have to lose in obviously saving your teammate?

That's a scenario.

The other scenario I see is you just fell for LC's appeal at the EoD and he's still sealing the pill hook line and sinker.

But nah. I think you're both bad.

I will vote for whomever the group decides to vote for, but would suggest LC or Snowdog. And if that, I'd suggest LC again.

Because he's obviously bad :grin:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Go ahead and vote for me, if we are in lylo then the Civil will lose. If Wilgy and Vomp don't want to lynch Scotty, then I believe the best course of action would be to vote for zebra. I don't think Snow Dog would have saved me if he were bad, and he didn't make a mistake saving me.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:Go ahead and vote for me, if we are in lylo then the Civil will lose. If Wilgy and Vomp don't want to lynch Scotty, then I believe the best course of action would be to vote for zebra. I don't think Snow Dog would have saved me if he were bad, and he didn't make a mistake saving me.
How many baddies do you think there are left?
And on which team?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I have been thinking there is 1 from each team left, but maybe one team was completely taken out by night kills. Then I would believe there is only 1 baddie left, and if you're not it, Scotty, then I believe it's zebra. Or Wilgy or Vomp did some really convincing team backstabbing on the polls. I'm Civ and I believe Snow is as well.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote: And on which team?
Oh, and Cannibals is most likely.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Based on Day 7 posts and nothing else whatsoever (see what I did there?) I give Scotty a 60% chance of being bad and Long Con a 95% chance.

*votes Long Con*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »