Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 7]

Post by Scotty »

We should have lynched Wilgy day 2 when he still '"hadn't" read his rolecard. I'm gonna be so pissed if I'm lynched today and Wilgy and whomever else get away with a win after such an obvious cop out all game
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Yay! Baddies win!

3 votes placed on 2 civs :D
Wtf are you talking about.
DrWilgy wrote:I'm just waitin for another vote and a half LC. No worries.
Guys Wilgy just claimed baddie and no one is calling out his shit.

Vomps, I want you and I to vote him and someone throw some grog on me. He played his cards too early
"Vote and a half", I don't get that Civ or bad. What does he mean?

I thought "baddies win" was a sarcastically celebratory way to say "stop voting Civs or the baddies will win"... this is just weird. Is it too late? Is it over? :huh: :huh: :shrug:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 78

Post by thellama73 »

I appear to have accidentally let the poll run for three days instead of two. ALthough I said 48 hours in the post, I expect people are confused and that is why they have not voted. Should I end the poll in 10 minutes as I originally intended, or allow it to run an extra day or until everyone has voted?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Probably best to let it run the extra 24 hours, I think. At this point in the game, we need everyone's vote.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I like that solution because it plays to my laziness and wanting to go to sleep.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Vomps, I want you and I to vote him and someone throw some grog on me. He played his cards too early

I thought "baddies win" was a sarcastically celebratory way to say "stop voting Civs or the baddies will win"... this is just weird. Is it too late? Is it over? :huh: :huh: :shrug:
I take it as:
"I am bad and have a banana and so it doesn't matter if you vote me because I will only have 1 vote max"

...unless someone can throw all their shit at Wilgy it sure sounds like he's gonna walk off with this one. I haven't voted yet because I want to make sure vomps is on board. It's either we throw our last votes on Wilgy or I put it on LC to tie it with me and hope you're bad LC. I don't know who Wilgy's partner is, if he has one.

:sigh:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

thellama73 wrote:I appear to have accidentally let the poll run for three days instead of two. ALthough I said 48 hours in the post, I expect people are confused and that is why they have not voted. Should I end the poll in 10 minutes as I originally intended, or allow it to run an extra day or until everyone has voted?
Oops yeah I was only going off of the actual poll.

Thanks llama.

Vomps where are you

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I take it as:
"I am bad and have a banana and so it doesn't matter if you vote me because I will only have 1 vote max"

...unless someone can throw all their shit at Wilgy it sure sounds like he's gonna walk off with this one. I haven't voted yet because I want to make sure vomps is on board. It's either we throw our last votes on Wilgy or I put it on LC to tie it with me and hope you're bad LC. I don't know who Wilgy's partner is, if he has one.

:sigh:
Ok, so say LC gets lynched, and is a Civ, and Wilgy kills someone tonight. Wouldn't he still get lynched tomorrow?

Wouldn't revealing his baddieness at this point lose him the game?

If he has one partner, and we don't lynch them today... then it's three against two next lynch. Assuming only one baddie team left. Then he needs a banana, and can win that lynch. Then they kill, and own a two-to-one lynch. :shrug: I didn't think that's where the game was.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Post by a2thezebra »

Holy shit. It's Long Con and Wilgy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Vompatti and Scotty, I'm asking you two to vote for Long Con. There's significant evidence that he's bad and no remotely decent case against Scotty.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You're a great wombat, Vompatti.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LOL, what a joke. Well played, baddies.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Wilgy and Scotty, I'm asking you two to vote for a2thezebra. There's significant evidence that she's bad and no remotely decent case against Long Con.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:

:disappoint:

Is this what you honestly believe Scotty? You honestly believe i threw everything at the last second?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Maybe it would be helpful if you explained what you did mean then? :grin:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:Maybe it would be helpful if you explained what you did mean then? :grin:
When I was saying that I was waiting for more votes it was for analysis.

If Scotty is Civ all the remaining baddies had to do was stack votes on him assuming that both Snow Dog and LC aren't bad.

If LC is bad, it means that the baddies threw their votes super early.

If Scotty and LC are civ were fucked.

I'm going to see if Scotty would rather gamble on a tie to lynch someone else, or save himself.

LC or Snow Dog if you are bad and threw your vote super early, that's ballsy and you have my respect. :beer:
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

There's no situation that I can see here where Snow Dog could be bad. And if I didn't already think you were Civ, Wilgy, that last post is, in the parlance of our times, 'Civ as fuck'.

If Scotty is actually good, and there are two baddies left, then it's Vompatti and zebra. If there's one baddie left, then it's most likely zebra, and Vompatti just casually made a foolish mistake that could cost the Civs the game.

If that's the case, and it's by far the most likely scenario, then the best thing I can see to do is put the final two votes on zebra and cross our fingers. :shrug2:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:There's no situation that I can see here where Snow Dog could be bad. And if I didn't already think you were Civ, Wilgy, that last post is, in the parlance of our times, 'Civ as fuck'.

If Scotty is actually good, and there are two baddies left, then it's Vompatti and zebra. If there's one baddie left, then it's most likely zebra, and Vompatti just casually made a foolish mistake that could cost the Civs the game.

If that's the case, and it's by far the most likely scenario, then the best thing I can see to do is put the final two votes on zebra and cross our fingers. :shrug2:
LC if Scotty is good, what prevented Zebra and Vomps voting him if they are bad?
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:There's no situation that I can see here where Snow Dog could be bad. And if I didn't already think you were Civ, Wilgy, that last post is, in the parlance of our times, 'Civ as fuck'.

LC if Scotty is good, what prevented Zebra and Vomps voting him if they are bad?
I don't know... zebra gave the completely arbitrary "60% sure Scotty, 95% sure Long Con" line, so she claims to think we're both bad. I'd say that she wants to get rid of me a lot more because she's the reddest player on my rainbow list. She didn't want to just lynch Scotty and have to deal with me coming after her tomorrow.

Vompatti just did what zebra said. I have no idea why, she hasn't said anything that makes an ounce of sense for a while, and I feel like the only sane person in the asylum because the rest of you are just acting like it's totally normal.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

So here's the thing. I'm 98% sure that there are shenanigans in play. A tie will result in better things for baddies than civvies.

Scotty if you trust me, vote Snow Dog. Otherwise you will die.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:So here's the thing. I'm 98% sure that there are shenanigans in play. A tie will result in better things for baddies than civvies.

:huh: Snow Dog?? Wilgy, you so crazy. If it's not going to be a tie, as you seem to think, then why not push the lynch in a better direction than Snow Dog? How can Snow Dog be bad? You think he's bad and I'm not, now? WTF? Believing I'm not bad is largely a matter of trust, and seeing that my posts are honest. Snow Dog's bananigans point to him being Civ so conclusively... why, Wilgy? *tears out hair*
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Post by Snow Dog »

There are no shenanigans other than my trusting LC. I could be wrong about him but I have no protection now. Sorry LC can't help you out anymore either.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Think about it Wilgy. Why would LC claim to have used bananas and then I claim to have used them if we were on the same team? makes no sense.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

And that's exactly why it makes sense.

Let Scotty choose. Will he do what is needed and trust me or will he trust himself and fight a tie?
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:And that's exactly why it makes sense.
You're failing to see that there are other, more sensible and sure ways that Snow Dog could have secured the win for himself if he were bad. The way things played out just make no sense if he were bad, and that includes this fucking bizarre WIFOM that you apparently believe in. Why can't you see that Wilgy??
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DrWilgy wrote:And that's exactly why it makes sense.
There is no reasoning with you. You are jumping at shadows but they are just that. Shadows.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Shadows are spoopy
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog, Wilgy's just trying to distract you from the truth with his shenanigans. Whenever I read Wilgy as bad and proclaim it, he always gets on my case immediately and doesn't stop bothering me about it until one of us is dead. This time, he didn't even address it, despite that I've been reading him as civ all game and my flip-flop came out of nowhere with no elaboration. Look at Wilgy's posts and Long Con's posts today...that's co-ordination right there. Think for yourself.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

a2thezebra wrote:Whenever I read Wilgy as bad and proclaim it, he always gets on my case immediately and doesn't stop bothering me about it until one of us is dead.
Prove it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Long Con wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Whenever I read Wilgy as bad and proclaim it, he always gets on my case immediately and doesn't stop bothering me about it until one of us is dead.
Prove it.
Sure, just remind me which games I read Wilgy as bad and proclaimed it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

a2thezebra wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Prove it.
Sure, just remind me which games I read Wilgy as bad and proclaimed it.
For all the rest of us know, there are none. Cool story though, br-- ...sis.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

a2thezebra wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Try harder.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Your move, DrWilgy.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Can't wait to see what happens. Even Wilgy's plan for him and Scotty to vote Snow Dog doesn't make sense to me. Why does he want a three-way tie? Does he have bananas or grog? Why Snow Dog?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I think Wilgyis either Herman Toothrot or the Navigator. That is why he said he'd help the civs. And that's why he doesn't care if the civs or the cannibals win.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

More likely The Navigator i think.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:More likely The Navigator i think.
This is plausible, but the undeniable co-ordination between DrWilgy and Long Con leads me to think that it's more likely that they are teammates.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

navigare necesse est
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:

:disappoint:

Is this what you honestly believe Scotty? You honestly believe i threw everything at the last second?
Your comment out of the blue makes no sense, and that is how I came to take it. The whole "yay baddies win :biggrin: " isn't a promising post.
DrWilgy wrote:So here's the thing. I'm 98% sure that there are shenanigans in play. A tie will result in better things for baddies than civvies.

I don't trust you. That's the point. I see no evidence that I ever should have trusted you in this game, and you still haven't voted for some reason.

Vomps listened to zebra and voted LC which is not what I was suggesting at all but whatevs.

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LEAVE IT UP TO ME? We saw how that worked out last time, except this time it's either to trust someone who may or may not have any stake in the game as the navigator or tooth rot and vote where says to vote on the pretense that he won't vote me or vote LC again to save myself on the pretense that he may be bad.

Fuck man

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Why hvent you voted yet Wilgy? I know why I hadn't, but I'm running out of time. I have a rehearsal and show I need to devote my time to in the next 20 minutes and I won't be around until 6 hours from now.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also you're asking me to vote Snow Dog on the condition that You also will vote Snow Dog.

Which would still be a 3 way tie.

Which will, in your words, "result in better things for baddies"

Wilgy, you bad bro. I just wish I knew your baddie partner.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Scotty wrote:

Also you're asking me to vote Snow Dog on the condition that You also will vote Snow Dog.

I voted for you because I believed certain things about other players. I wouldn't blame you at all if you are civ in voting for me. I think yuo may be alright this lynch though.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Snow Dog wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I voted for you because I believed certain things about other players. I wouldn't blame you at all if you are civ in voting for me. I think yuo may be alright this lynch though.
What does that mean? Still 2 votes left, and even you said you didn't have items left. I not only don't want to die but I want to lynch someone bad. I don't have a lot of options here and frankly am nervous we already lost.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I have to go guys.

Wilgy, I don't know what you are doing today but I voted LC. I don't know why you were waiting on me to vote even after saying it was "up to me". I can't not see you as bad and hope to the gods of monkey island that this didn't just cost us the game

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Scotty wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Scotty wrote:

What does that mean? Still 2 votes left, and even you said you didn't have items left. I not only don't want to die but I want to lynch someone bad. I don't have a lot of options here and frankly am nervous we already lost.
I do not have items. But I have info. I cannot go further than that.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Scotty wrote:I have to go guys.

Wilgy, I don't know what you are doing today but I voted LC. I don't know why you were waiting on me to vote even after saying it was "up to me". I can't not see you as bad and hope to the gods of monkey island that this didn't just cost us the game
Ok, after I saved LC he will be lynched anyway (unless someone else has grog or bananas) so I hope now he is bad and I was wrong.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Snow Dog wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Scotty wrote:

O rly? Because you seemed to have no problem coming out with what items you used in the last lynch.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Scotty wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Scotty wrote:

O rly? Because you seemed to have no problem coming out with what items you used in the last lynch.
And those bananas were the only items I had. That was it. Finito.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:LOL, what a joke. Well played, baddies.
Well, I did my best. I hope some of you learn from this. Sorry I let you down, Civs, I really tried.

Return to “Previous Jobs”