[END] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which game will be next in my Heist TV Sitcom series? You decide! Pick 1 or 2.

Friends (Sockpuppets)
12%
Friends (Regular Accounts)
12%
Malcolm in the Middle (Sockpuppets)
6%
Malcolm in the Middle (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Scrubs (Sockpuppets)
12%
Scrubs (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Seinfeld (Sockpuppets)
35%
Seinfeld (Regular Accounts)
12%
No preference / Placeholder
12%

Total votes: 17
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 103

Re: [DAY 1] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by November »

Ann Perkins wrote:
Andy Dwyer wrote:Ann, I'm like super bad at math, but like I think Ron only has 24 posts.
What about the point of the post, though? Do you agree or not that Ron has basically made one or two posts. Not much scum hunting, especially when he calls out knopes for something similar in his read of her.
Ann are you okay? You're usually all smart and stuff, and talk good words, but like.. . I think I said stuff about Leslie. Not Ron.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 64

Post by The Dry Flood »

Ann Perkins wrote:
Andy Dwyer wrote:Ann, I'm like super bad at math, but like I think Ron only has 24 posts.
What about the point of the post, though? Do you agree or not that Ron has basically made one or two posts. Not much scum hunting, especially when he calls out knopes for something similar in his read of her.
I count nine or ten posts that matter before you said this, not one or two. There is filler, but not nearly as much as you say there is. Ron also made it obvious twice that he had his eye on you, so the No U accusation fits.

What did Andy ever see in you? You're the absolute worst Ann. Go date Jerry.
Golden
Marmot
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Principal Skinner »

April Ludgate wrote:
Ann Perkins wrote:
I count nine or ten posts that matter before you said this, not one or two. There is filler, but not nearly as much as you say there is. Ron also made it obvious twice that he had his eye on you, so the No U accusation fits.

What did Andy ever see in you? You're the absolute worst Ann. Go date Jerry.
Fair enough, I will read back on his posts and reconfirm.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutellaphant »

Alright, I'm gonna break this down like it's a new episode of Westworld and I need to collect all of the clues that directly point to William being the MiB. And by MiB, I mean Ed Harris, not Titus Welliver.

Ron, all of his supatown trappings, and impressive triangular graphic that is now my new wallpaper on all my devices aside, has been pretty consistently bringing the goods even as people like Jerry, (C'mon Jerry, could you just bother showing up for once in your miserable life?) Jamm, Donna, and Jean-Ralphio all flit around the edges like starving koi fish.

People that have stood out to me that I plan to...drumroll please...ISO today are:

Ann Perkins
Bill Dexhart
Andy Dwyer

I'll be specifically looking at how they respond to what I've decided to call the "April Conundrum," and how they would look if April is genuine, as I personally believe her to be, or a scoundrel.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

OK April, because I believe your claim and respect your opinion because of that, I have read back on Ron.

Unfortunately, my opinion does not change. Sure, some posts are stating opinions on the game, such as your claim, but majority of players did that. It wasn't anything unique, and isn't exceptionally pro-town. I mean, I said the same stuff and I don't expect anyone to read me town for it. Something different that Ron did than everyone else was pointing out that the Miller claim encourages a power role to counterclaim; I see this (as I stated in response to him) as inviting the power roles to out themselves to counter claim. This is not a good idea, especially with no town protective and while we have town roles that could potentially NK if they did not agree with this claim.

I decided not to get hung on it and tunnel, but reminded myself to keep my eye on his posts. He then posted the post about his reads. It wasn't very impressive, and to be honest seemed a little forced. Like he had to say something about everyone to make sure he didn't forget to bus himself away from his mafia buddies.

Sure, he hasn't done anything exceptionally scummy in the game, but neither has anyone else. He is the person that stands out to me and gives me a bad feeling. In combination with a vanilla/goon claim (says his role is in every setup), this is enough for me to consider outwardly voicing my opinion on him instead of keeping it to myself.

I hope that can help explain how it's not an OMGUS
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

ANN PERKINS(!) ISO
Ann Perkins wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Ann Perkins wrote:Hullo how's it going friends
Aren't you paying attention, woman? This is the worst day since Charles Mulligan's Steakhouse was shut down. Show some damn respect!
I can't ask how my friends are doing during this tragedy? Interesting...
Post two, and she's already miffed at Ron. She initially posted a bog-standard introductory post that Ron engaged with a joke and a nice bit of roleplay.

Ann apparently interpreted it as an attempt to shut down conversation. Whenever someone pounces on what seems to me to be a genuine bit of fun, it always makes me raise my eyebrow.
Ann Perkins wrote:I can't be the only person to notice you have nearly 85 posts of filler, and then a wall that casts shade on almost everyone.
Incorrect, as even Andy can attest. Interesting use of hyperbole to justify her case.
OK April, because I believe your claim and respect your opinion because of that, I have read back on Ron.

Unfortunately, my opinion does not change. Sure, some posts are stating opinions on the game, such as your claim, but majority of players did that. It wasn't anything unique, and isn't exceptionally pro-town. I mean, I said the same stuff and I don't expect anyone to read me town for it. Something different that Ron did than everyone else was pointing out that the Miller claim encourages a power role to counterclaim; I see this (as I stated in response to him) as inviting the power roles to out themselves to counter claim. This is not a good idea, especially with no town protective and while we have town roles that could potentially NK if they did not agree with this claim.

I decided not to get hung on it and tunnel, but reminded myself to keep my eye on his posts. He then posted the post about his reads. It wasn't very impressive, and to be honest seemed a little forced. Like he had to say something about everyone to make sure he didn't forget to bus himself away from his mafia buddies.

Sure, he hasn't done anything exceptionally scummy in the game, but neither has anyone else. He is the person that stands out to me and gives me a bad feeling. In combination with a vanilla/goon claim (says his role is in every setup), this is enough for me to consider outwardly voicing my opinion on him instead of keeping it to myself.

I feel like pointing out how other roles in other setups could easily disprove April's claim is just an observation, same as Ann saying that anyone who comes forward would have a massive target on their back. Sure, you could say that Ron is trying to get people to come forward and get themselves killed, but you could also say that Ann is discouraging people to share information in order to give the civilians as little information as possible and keep us preoccupied with April's claim. :shrug: Your mileage may very.

I also said about as much as Ron on this subject, and here's all Ann has said in regard to myself.
I like you
I think Ann's allegations against Ron, my best townread at this early juncture, hold about as much weight as Jerry's diseased colon.

I'd also say that Ann looks worse if April turns out to be lying, as her discouragement of others coming forward could be read as deliberate obfuscation. If April is truthful, she looks a little better, but I just don't get the Ron case at all.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Ann Perkins wrote:Sure, he hasn't done anything exceptionally scummy in the game, but neither has anyone else.
Have you met Bill?
Golden
Marmot
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

April Ludgate wrote:
Ann Perkins wrote:Sure, he hasn't done anything exceptionally scummy in the game, but neither has anyone else.
Have you met Bill?
Would be nice if you presented a case against me, so I can see your POV.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Ann Perkins wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:
Have you met Bill?
Oops I meant a case against him** phone typo
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Ann Perkins wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:
Have you met Bill?
I don't think you're bad Ann. Just gross.

I think Bill is bad.
Bill Dexhart wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:
Ann Perkins wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Aren't you paying attention, woman? This is the worst day since Charles Mulligan's Steakhouse was shut down. Show some damn respect!
Don't try to bond with me.

I'm the miller. If the cop investigates me it'll come back mafia even though I'm town. So, cop... don't investigate me. It's a waste. We can eliminate 6 of the 8 setups in the table, it's either [1] or [C]. The baddies know exactly the setup now. I think it's a good enough trade. People can believe me or not I don't really care. I passed up a gay Halloween party to be here. Do you know how much fun gay Halloween parties are? :suspish:
What do we have to trust you on this info?
Obviously no answer to this question, it's pointless.
Bill Dexhart wrote:Why make the claim when you have no way of proving otherwise? I still think a mafia member is the one most likely to make that claim. Especially given they are the only ones who know what the current setup is.

And a vote for me too? Do I get a gold star if I win this electi...oh wait. This isn't an election. :puppy:
It doesn't look like he's thinking his accusations through.
Bill Dexhart wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:Well, now you know that we know that your role claim could easily be faked, you know? The possibility of you being a despicable liar face shouldn't be ignored. It's like in Game of Thrones, when Littlefinger tells Ned Stark that "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed off your horse."
Don't you have some Star Trek fan fiction to be writing or something?

Bill's response to my claim was weird. He acted like I should be able to support my claim other than just saying it. I wonder how his intestines taste. :eye:
It was more a response that you would come out and say it with no other way for you to back your claim up, outside of simply saying that not stating such a claim would be worse in the long run.

I have a big, firm eye on you for that though. Especially since you were willing to vote me so early.
Again it's supposed to matter that I can't back my claim up on Day 1. Of course I can't, nobody can back anything up on Day 1. He took the reason I provided for my claim (the problem that not stating my miller claim does more damage in the long run), threw it aside, and then acted like my vote for him was suspicious.
Bill Dexhart wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:Here I'll make it simple. I'm either the miller, or I'm a baddie who claimed miller to lure out all the power roles at my own sacrifice. Make up your minds on that and move forward.
That's why I'm waiting for others to respond. Because the second is the kind of badass risk I could see several players on this site trying to make.

At the same time, it's also incredibly risky to pull such a move on Day 1, so I would think the first outcome is most likely.

I would just feel better hearing from more people on the matter before I make my mind up.
Then, only after arguments about why my claim being fake would be stupid, did he turn around and say it'd be "incredibly risky to pull such a move on Day 1". He didn't seem to think it was too risky when he was accusing me.

It all looks disingenuous to me.
Golden
Marmot
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

BILL CLINTON DEXHART ISO
Bill comes out of the gate casting shade against April.
Why make the claim when you have no way of proving otherwise? I still think a mafia member is the one most likely to make that claim. Especially given they are the only ones who know what the current setup is.
There is a way for April's claim to be proven or disproven: Someone else comes out and claims for or against her. Unless that happens, we have to deal with Schrodinger's April Ludgate, who is simultaneously truthful and lying.

It's at this point that April starts going after Bill as well, casting the first vote in his direction.
Bill Dexhart wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:Well, now you know that we know that your role claim could easily be faked, you know? The possibility of you being a despicable liar face shouldn't be ignored. It's like in Game of Thrones, when Littlefinger tells Ned Stark that "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed off your horse."

Bill's response to my claim was weird. He acted like I should be able to support my claim other than just saying it. I wonder how his intestines taste. :eye:
It was more a response that you would come out and say it with no other way for you to back your claim up, outside of simply saying that not stating such a claim would be worse in the long run.

I have a big, firm eye on you for that though. Especially since you were willing to vote me so early.
Then, Bill decides to pivot on an axis away from attacking April.
Alright. If we don't have anyone who can disprove her claim, then I would be inclined to believe April.
Bill Dexhart wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:Here I'll make it simple. I'm either the miller, or I'm a baddie who claimed miller to lure out all the power roles at my own sacrifice. Make up your minds on that and move forward.
That's why I'm waiting for others to respond. Because the second is the kind of badass risk I could see several players on this site trying to make.

At the same time, it's also incredibly risky to pull such a move on Day 1, so I would think the first outcome is most likely.

I would just feel better hearing from more people on the matter before I make my mind up.
Aaaand now he's on the proverbial fence.

It's at this point that he starts a bit of a roleclaiming campaign himself.
Bill Dexhart wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:But the only role that's in both is the-oh, I get it.

So you're the Miller, Bill? Can I call you the Biller?
You can call me whatever you want as long as you're dressed in all leather

Being the Miller would be far more awesome than my current role though. :(
So, much like Ron, he's also hopping on board the ol' Vanilla Civilian Claim Train. But I'm not sure if I'm buying it.

I believe that Bill and April are different alignments.

If April is lying, I think Bill has a power role that could disprove her claims, but he's too afraid of possible night kills to say anything about it. (Thanks Ann!) If April is truthful, I think Bill is trying to get her lynched as much as he can without potentially directly implicating himself, like how Littlefinger handled the poisoning of King Joffrey.

I'm leaning towards the latter.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Andy's been pretty out there, slightly more so than usual. His mini-feud with Leslie seemed a little odd, on both ends, and I don't like how he jumps back against Ron's relatively gentle prodding.
Andy Dwyer wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Works just fine to this day. Now what did I say about videos!!

Not much of a question answerer, son?
April's my wife. What do you want me to say?

IDK man, you're going pretty hard on me even though I say thing.s
Overall, I'm pretty neutral on Mr. Modest Mouserat, although he's someone I'm gonna keep an eye on in the future, specifically his interactions with Leslie.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

I'm gonna toss a vote on Bill. At this point, I can buy into a scenario where he's bad and April's civ more than I can April being bad and him being civ or them both being innocents/baddies.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

April Ludgate wrote:
Ann Perkins wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:
Have you met Bill?
I don't think you're bad Ann. Just gross.

I think Bill is bad.
Bill Dexhart wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:
Ann Perkins wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Don't try to bond with me.

I'm the miller. If the cop investigates me it'll come back mafia even though I'm town. So, cop... don't investigate me. It's a waste. We can eliminate 6 of the 8 setups in the table, it's either [1] or [C]. The baddies know exactly the setup now. I think it's a good enough trade. People can believe me or not I don't really care. I passed up a gay Halloween party to be here. Do you know how much fun gay Halloween parties are? :suspish:
Obviously no answer to this question, it's pointless.
Bill Dexhart wrote:Why make the claim when you have no way of proving otherwise? I still think a mafia member is the one most likely to make that claim. Especially given they are the only ones who know what the current setup is.

And a vote for me too? Do I get a gold star if I win this electi...oh wait. This isn't an election. :puppy:
It doesn't look like he's thinking his accusations through.
Bill Dexhart wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:

Again it's supposed to matter that I can't back my claim up on Day 1. Of course I can't, nobody can back anything up on Day 1. He took the reason I provided for my claim (the problem that not stating my miller claim does more damage in the long run), threw it aside, and then acted like my vote for him was suspicious.
Bill Dexhart wrote:

Then, only after arguments about why my claim being fake would be stupid, did he turn around and say it'd be "incredibly risky to pull such a move on Day 1". He didn't seem to think it was too risky when he was accusing me.

It all looks disingenuous to me.

Thank you very much. This actually laid it out very nicely and raises good points.

Starts off with a Burden of Proof fallacy, and is actually repeated several times. Big sign of a weak argument. While it could be just a day 1 argument, it's also seen as an attempt to participate without actually engaging himself.

I also agree that it seems fairly disingenuous. Forced, even. Largely attempting to discredit.

I can understand the votes on him now.
Let me reread and rethink my vote.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

Hey guys, I'm here! I was late because I dropped my laptop in my soup. Butterfingers!
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Gosh, you are all so nice. I don't want to lynch any of you. But Ben and Chris are new around here, and Ben seems to be trying a little too hard, plus he didn't cry at L'il Sebastian's funeral, and he also made me play Cones of Dunshire with him.

Sorry Ben.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Hey team! I just got back from a meeting with Councilman Hauser that took a little longer than I anticipated, then I had to fire Sewage Joe because he thought it would be appropriate to send out pictures of his genitalia to Ann Perkins. Definitely not appropriate by the way, please don't do that. Now I am on the way out the door for my 5 o'clock spin class. I'm the instructor of course, no one else challenges me as well as I challenge myself.

I feel most comfortable with the case against Bill. So I will be casting my vote for him! How fun! :biggrin:
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Post by 1337 »

Ann Perkins wrote:OK April, because I believe your claim and respect your opinion because of that, I have read back on Ron.

This is why libraries are the worst thing on earth. It gives people the bad habit of reading too much into things.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Jerry Gergich wrote:Gosh, you are all so nice. I don't want to lynch any of you.
I feel like I need to take a shower in pig's blood to wash all the niceness off me.
Golden
Marmot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Since others are mentioning it, I'd like to remind that my "claim" post was precisely in reply to finding Bill's own intervention to be as lax and pointless as yoghurt. I mean seriously, people, how can you screw up milk so bad?

Now prepare yourself, Ann Perkins, because I'm going to write another round up. I'm not doing it to cover all bases, woman, I'm doing to because I can speak my mind however I damn well please.

I also feel Bill is the best choice for today. His tally is getting a bit flooded, but I'm fine with most of the people on it so far. And there's also Perkins, oh well.

Right now, gut on Ann would tell me she's misguided huntress who hasn't seen real prey in her life, but I sense a whiff of tryhard casemaking in her initiatives. Most of it concerns me, but really, I have no stakes in here, I'm saying this from a pragmatic perspective. From her jumpy reaction on my FoS on her, she course corrects into elaborate points. From alledged filler, she switches to my actions being forced or unoriginal. She suspects me for roleplay coating, but says nothing (or has no issue with) the likes of Chris, Craig, John-Romeo, heck even Bobby I reckon, who I'd describe as knee-deep in their RP layer. She suspects me for my "claim" attempt, but I recall her having had the coziest acknowledgement of Bill's own problem. Again, it could be mere imbalance in her chosen leads, but there's also too much error and bias for me not to raise my eyebrow at this.

Leslie has vanished and I am dissapoint.

Andy is still one-sided in what little of substance he has posted and I am dissapoint.

Nobody seems to want to send Jimmy-Rubio back to proper schooling, so what can I do.

Jerry just showed up and nobody is lynching him, so what can I do.

Bill it is.
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Thundercat »

As i said before, at this point, I'm inclined to think April is coming from a genuine place.

Ron and Ben are pretty all right in my book too.

Leslie, Ann and Andy seem ok, but I am less convinced of them than the others.

I can see a vote for bill. That guy has that creepy uncle thing going on and that kinda gives me the willies.

I have big giant i dont even knowes about most everyone else.
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Thundercat »

Ok, things are blowing up here faster than Kanye's last breakdown. I'm voting Bill.

Looking forward to hearing more from my fellow quiet players going forward while I work on stepping up my own game.

Meagle out.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Perd Hapley »

I do have an update on your time allotment, and that update is that your time is almost gone.

You have 30 minutes to cast your vote.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Fuskdall »

My role play skills are about as dreadful as a Charlie Brown Halloween Special, so I'm not posting as often as I'd like. That said, I'll step up my game and THAT'S A PROMISE!
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Towny McTownface »

Sorry, busy day preparing for the memorial service.

Let me start by saying that I find it incredibly odd that Bill was lurking the other day. I have also noticed that he hasn't cast a vote yet. I signed in and caught up with every intention of voting for him, but as much as I'd like to see that sick, sick man hang, this doesn't feel right.

Now, given Pawnee's anti-Knope history, I'm writing this understanding that it may very well get me killed, either by hanging if I'm wrong. I think Ron and April are colluding. Also, I think Andy's baseless attack against me may indicate that he's the third member of their group. April made her claim and then Ron came out and said that someone else should confirm her story because that's the only way to know for sure. This strikes me as a deception tactic not only to get a civvie to out themselves as having a special role, but also to subtly establish April as a "confirmed" good person. Ron then attempted to do the same thing when he "reasoned" that the bad guys don't have BTSC and tried to establish that as fact as well.

Bill is creepy and sex-crazed, but there's no case to be made against him other than the fact that he questioned April's claim. I believe that this vote was intended to be railroaded into coming down between myself and Bill. I stood up for myself, so Bill's the easy choice.

I'm voting for Ron. He's like a father to me, but if there's even a chance April is good, then he and Andy are the best choices.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Towny McTownface »

"Time is the relentless and cruel enemy of the devoted civil servant." -Leslie Knope
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

The story of today's vote is that four of this game's players missed the vote.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Day 1: Councilman Dexhart's Latest Sex Scandal

This is Perd Hapley talking to you now about what's going on today. We're live at City Hall where City Councilman Dexhart is addressing his latest sex scandal.

=========================================================================================================================

Bill Dexhart: "Recently certain allegations have come to light about my inappropriate conduct. I'm here to set the record straight. I totally did all of it.

I also engaged in inappropriate texting, sexting, and Tex-Mexting, which is where you send photos of your junk from the restroom of a Chili's To-Go. Does this make me a bad boy? You tell me. No, really. Tell me, it gets me off when women tell me that."

(Several gunshots were then heard.)

=========================================================================================================================

Wow. This is quite the development as one of Bill Dexhart's mistresses yelled "you murderer cocksucker, go to hell" before shooting him three times with a gun. Councilman Dexhart is dead.

I am Perd Hapley, and I will continue to report the news to all of you, as that is my job.

Spoiler: show
Bill Dexhart has been lynched.

He was birdwithteeth11 and a Vanilla Townie.
It is now Night 1.

The thread is now locked for the next 24 hours. If you have an active power, send in your PM.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [NIGHT 1] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 1 Final Vote Tally

Who brutally murdered Li'l Sebastian?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:00:14 pm

Andy Dwyer
No votes

Ann Perkins
No votes

April Ludgate
No votes

Ben Wyatt
Jerry Gergich (12) 6%

Bill Dexhart
April Ludgate (1), Craig Middlebrooks (7), Ben Wyatt (9), Ann Perkins (10), Chris Traeger (13), Ron Swanson (14), Donna Meagle (15) 44%

Bobby Newport
No votes

Chris Traeger
No votes

Craig Middlebrooks
No votes

Donna Meagle
No votes

Jean-Ralphio
No votes

Jeremy Jamm
No votes

Jerry Gergich
No votes

Leslie Knope
Andy Dwyer (6) 6%

Ron Swanson
Leslie Knope (16) 6%

Tom Haverford
Jean-Ralphio (8) 6%

*No Lynch*
No votes

*Unvote*
No votes

THE WORST PERSON EVER (host, non-players)
MovingPictures07 (2), Perd Hapley (3), Scotty (4), juliets (5), G-Man (11) 31%

Total votes : 16

Missing votes: Bill Dexhart, Bobby Newport, Jeremy Jamm, Tom Haverford
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [NIGHT 1] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by Perd Hapley »

Night 1: Mood Stabilizers

I have just been given breaking news tonight out of the Parks and Recreation Department.

I'm told that City employee Craig Middlebrooks was found dead at his desk. According to this paper that I am reading this statement from, his body was found slumped over with an open bottle of pills spilled around him. According to the label on the bottle, they were mood stabilizers. It seems however, that someone switched the pills inside for poison. Since someone was trying to kill him that makes this murder.

And I, being a reporter of the news, am officially declaring this a homicide.

A recent poll we took asked citizens of Pawnee, "If you switch someone's pills who is not trying to kill himself, with other pills which may or may not be poison, and that person may or may have taken them, do you believe that person is dead?"

22% said yes, 16% said no, and 62% said they did not understand the question.

Seems pretty clear what public opinion is, and that's all the time we have left. I'm Perd Hapley.

Spoiler: show
Craig Middlebrooks has been killed.

He was Quin and the Town Cop (w/ n0 town check).
It is now Day 2.

You have 72 hours (extended due to Thanksgiving) to lynch a murderer.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [DAY 2] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey, players!

Note that Day 2 is 72 hours (instead of 48) due to Thanksgiving. Also, note that I have updated the Players and Story posts on the front page.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Quin »

ewwwwwwwww
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Well, that's lame.

RIP Craig, who was our only beneficial town role. Now we're stuck with either the Miller (April seems really legit right now) or a Sick Innocent Child that's gonna die anyway.

Not a fantastic night, all things considered.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

On the bright side, the offices will be much more quiet without his interesting conception of an inside voice. Also, he once called me "HALF-ROBOT, HALF-MONSTER" when I tried to get him to stop spending the budget on expensive wines for family picnics.

He truly was an enigma.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

That was literally the worst night we could have had. I'm feeling something I've never experienced before. What is this emotion? I think I need to make an emergency call to Dr. Richard Nygard.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Craig Middlebrooks wrote:Oh my god, April claiming miller? That is so frickin precious. But I'll trust her, and I'll BURN THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND IF YOU LYNCH HER!
I think this post may have tipped them off. Craig trusted me because I fit in his setups. There's a chance the baddies just got super lucky, but I think this is evidence that at least one of them is paying very close attention (which may imply a higher activity level).
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

It's pretty much all vanilla now since the godfather is effectively useless. 10 vs. 3 in all vanilla is a very difficult road, so we're going to need to cooperate in our hunting effort to have a chance. They have 3 votes on their own that can sway every lynch if we let them.

Let's start with the Bill votes. There's clearly at least one baddie on that easy dogpile. Some votes look worse than others. Help me find them.
Golden
Marmot
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Oh geez, I can't believe Craig is dead. That's so sad! You know, when I'm feeling a little down, my beautiful wife and daughters always cheer me up. But right now all I really want to do is find the killer. Ben was awful quick to get in here after the kill. I wonder if he was expecting it.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

People who voted for Bill that aren't dead or me:

Ben Wyatt
Ben Wyatt wrote:I'm gonna toss a vote on Bill. At this point, I can buy into a scenario where he's bad and April's civ more than I can April being bad and him being civ or them both being innocents/baddies.
Ben insinuated a couple times that he felt it was unlikely for Bill and I to both be civs. I don't really know why. That might mean he wanted to set me up today, but only lost his opportunity when Craig's cop flip essentially confirmed me as town. Talk more about that, Ben.

Ann Perkins the dirty wench
Ann Perkins wrote:Thank you very much. This actually laid it out very nicely and raises good points.

Starts off with a Burden of Proof fallacy, and is actually repeated several times. Big sign of a weak argument. While it could be just a day 1 argument, it's also seen as an attempt to participate without actually engaging himself.

I also agree that it seems fairly disingenuous. Forced, even. Largely attempting to discredit.

I can understand the votes on him now.
Let me reread and rethink my vote.
She liked my case against Bill and said she was considering the vote. She didn't state it when she actually did vote. I don't think this looks so bad.

Chris Traeger
Chris Traeger wrote:Silly me, I almost forgot about Bill! He seems to be very preoccupied with you. Which could very much be an attempt to avoid discussion that might stray onto himself or a fellow evil teammate, if it is intentional. It would be nice to hear what he thinks of people other than the fresh breath of air that is April Ludgate. Otherwise I am inclined to put him on a list of suspects. Did that answer your question? :biggrin:
He didn't talk about Bill until I demanded it, and his report was pretty negative. That makes me wonder why he didn't talk about Bill on his own. He ended up voting accordingly. I see some potential for opportunism.

Ron Swanson
Ron Swanson wrote:Since others are mentioning it, I'd like to remind that my "claim" post was precisely in reply to finding Bill's own intervention to be as lax and pointless as yoghurt. I mean seriously, people, how can you screw up milk so bad?

Now prepare yourself, Ann Perkins, because I'm going to write another round up. I'm not doing it to cover all bases, woman, I'm doing to because I can speak my mind however I damn well please.

I also feel Bill is the best choice for today. His tally is getting a bit flooded, but I'm fine with most of the people on it so far. And there's also Perkins, oh well.

Right now, gut on Ann would tell me she's misguided huntress who hasn't seen real prey in her life, but I sense a whiff of tryhard casemaking in her initiatives. Most of it concerns me, but really, I have no stakes in here, I'm saying this from a pragmatic perspective. From her jumpy reaction on my FoS on her, she course corrects into elaborate points. From alledged filler, she switches to my actions being forced or unoriginal. She suspects me for roleplay coating, but says nothing (or has no issue with) the likes of Chris, Craig, John-Romeo, heck even Bobby I reckon, who I'd describe as knee-deep in their RP layer. She suspects me for my "claim" attempt, but I recall her having had the coziest acknowledgement of Bill's own problem. Again, it could be mere imbalance in her chosen leads, but there's also too much error and bias for me not to raise my eyebrow at this.

Leslie has vanished and I am dissapoint.

Andy is still one-sided in what little of substance he has posted and I am dissapoint.

Nobody seems to want to send Jimmy-Rubio back to proper schooling, so what can I do.

Jerry just showed up and nobody is lynching him, so what can I do.

Bill it is.
Ron seemed to lament that other people weren't getting lynched instead, which isn't great since he didn't do much to promote those alternatives himself. He was happy to go with Bill in the end. I think he looks okay at face value but not spectacular.

Donna Meagle
Donna Meagle wrote:As i said before, at this point, I'm inclined to think April is coming from a genuine place.

Ron and Ben are pretty all right in my book too.

Leslie, Ann and Andy seem ok, but I am less convinced of them than the others.

I can see a vote for bill. That guy has that creepy uncle thing going on and that kinda gives me the willies.

I have big giant i dont even knowes about most everyone else.
Donna Meagle wrote:Ok, things are blowing up here faster than Kanye's last breakdown. I'm voting Bill.

Looking forward to hearing more from my fellow quiet players going forward while I work on stepping up my own game.

Meagle out.
She voted for Bill because he's a "creepy uncle that gives her the willies". That's not great.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

These Bill votes are gross:

Chris Traeger
Donna Meagle
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

The people who have barely posted really need to get in here and change that or we've already lost the game. That might sound dramatic, but it's just the way it is. We can't win if we can't make reads. The only way to reliably get out of a mountainous setup is to eliminate civ reads from the pool of suspects, and that can't happen when people aren't trying to look like civs.
Golden
Marmot
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

April Ludgate! I'm sad to see you didn't like my vote, but I appreciate your willingness to rally the troops in this dark hour. You have so much potential and I can't wait to see what you accomplish in the Parks Department! To answer your point about me not speaking about him before, I could see the relevance if I were a mafia member distancing from a teammate. However, in this case I was calling things out that stood out to me as I saw them. The two things that jumped most were Ann's post which I never could get a straight answer about. And Andy's almost manic posts against Leslie. Andy I believe is partially due to his role play, and Ann seemed to have backed off you after the post that confused me, so I was willing to dismiss her. I didn't post about Bill before because I was trying to decide what I thought of him as your own case against him was unfolding and also the Ann and Ron exchange that was going on. You asked me directly about Bill and I answered how I felt at that moment. When the vote came I didn't see another case that seemed more compelling. I hope that explains my vote to you, I would hate to think that any of my employees didn't trust me. Also, that's the first time anyone has ever called me gross, I don't know what to think of that. Do I stink? I showered after my afternoon run. I think I need a vitamin D pick me up.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

I agree with most of what April has said. She seems like a sweet kid. I will try to do a better job of posting more. I just get so forgetful. Chris would probably be my next suspect after Ben, as he shares the trying too hard vibe and helped kill the cop.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

I sure wonder why anyone would want to kill poor Craig. He barely posted, and only said nice things about April. If April was mafia, it could make sense for her to kill a defender, but nothing she has posted makes me think she would be so evil. I like to believe the best in people. Most likely it was a low poster kill designed to leave no clues at all. I guess I'd better step up my own game if I don't want the same thing to happen to me! It would be just my luck.

Maybe I'm just being a goofball, but it seems to me that a more active mafia is more likley to kill low posters than a more passive one, so I would want to look at higher posters. The highest posters so far are Ron, Andy, Ben, Ann, and April. I already know I trust April and already know I don't trust Ben, so that leaves me three more people to look at carefully before I vote. Just as soon as I finish this filing.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!? Craig was Po-Po?!?!?!?! Daaaaaayum son....I guess that explains why he'd be screamin' all the time....

Now, has anybody heard from my boy Tommy Dreamer??? I'm gettin' worried cuz it ain't like him to be silent for this long...I hope she hasn't hooked up with my sis again....cuz she's the ♫WOOOOOORRRRRRRST!!!♪...
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Well then..

Guess I'll put my vote back on my hunch so he can see it when he decides to post.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Jerry Gergich wrote:Oh geez, I can't believe Craig is dead. That's so sad! You know, when I'm feeling a little down, my beautiful wife and daughters always cheer me up. But right now all I really want to do is find the killer. Ben was awful quick to get in here after the kill. I wonder if he was expecting it.
Hello, I don't even remember you from yesterday. Can you give me a read on Ron please
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Ann Perkins wrote:
Jerry Gergich wrote:Oh geez, I can't believe Craig is dead. That's so sad! You know, when I'm feeling a little down, my beautiful wife and daughters always cheer me up. But right now all I really want to do is find the killer. Ben was awful quick to get in here after the kill. I wonder if he was expecting it.
Hello, I don't even remember you from yesterday. Can you give me a read on Ron please
Ron's my boss and he was good enough to give me a job, so I don't want to say anything mean about him. But his posts have seemed a little stilted to me. He's not as high up on my suspect tree as Ben and Chris, but he's not in the clear either.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Sad loss in Craig. You will be avenged.
Ann Perkins wrote:Well then..

Guess I'll put my vote back on my hunch so he can see it when he decides to post.
I have seen it.

Now get out of my office.

April's view on the mafia having read into Craig's posts is inspiriting, because it means we are hunting for real wolves here instead of just a bunch of quails. At least two out of three scum must be serious observants, in this scenario. Jerry's whiny post offers an opposite perspective - that the mafia struck gold with a more loose target - which is... less inspiriting.

I'd like to hear what Leslie to say given her Ron & April nonsense at the late hours of the late phase, in light of the flip and what it says about April. Bunch of nothing throughout the phase, AWOL for 42 hours and then comes in, having drunk apparently from the same bottle of cheap Bud as Ann.

I'll look more into the votes myself later, but I have a town hall meeting in a bit. I heard three people are complaining their toilet seats are trying to eat their cats while peeing, so I have to go deal with that crap.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Jerry Gergich wrote:
Ann Perkins wrote:
Ron's my boss and he was good enough to give me a job, so I don't want to say anything mean about him. But his posts have seemed a little stilted to me. He's not as high up on my suspect tree as Ben and Chris, but he's not in the clear either.
I have no idea what solid grounds you have for suspecting Ben, and that's from looking back again through your posts, so do give us something meatier than the Pawnes Burger you seem to have had this morning, judging from the mustard stains on your collar. And sleeves. And Jesus almighty, how did it get all the way down there as well?

Return to “Previous Heists”