[END] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which game will be next in my Heist TV Sitcom series? You decide! Pick 1 or 2.

Friends (Sockpuppets)
12%
Friends (Regular Accounts)
12%
Malcolm in the Middle (Sockpuppets)
6%
Malcolm in the Middle (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Scrubs (Sockpuppets)
12%
Scrubs (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Seinfeld (Sockpuppets)
35%
Seinfeld (Regular Accounts)
12%
No preference / Placeholder
12%

Total votes: 17
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 103

Re: [DAY 2] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by November »

guys
leslie
bill
ron
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Post by 1337 »

Andy Dwyer wrote:guys
leslie
bill
ron
You have two civilians on that list, one of whom is dead.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Marge Simpson »

Ok, so I'm not saying I had more important things than finding out who is murdering people, but I had something to take care of.

I call it "Dunk-a-Gobbler." Imagine all the fun of a dunking booth, but instead of water you use hot oil, and instead of a person you use a turkey. Just perfect for any thanksgiving occasion.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Ron Swanson wrote:
leslie
bill
ron
that's what they WANT you to think. XD
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Ok people, I have turkey waiting for me, followed by more turkey and then, you guessed it, turkey. Is anyone here in the mood to talk? If not, that's fine with me, you can all go enjoy your meals like true Americans. As long as it has real turkey in it. Never skip on the turkey.

Topic number 1 concerns the idea of attempting already to comb through reads and generate a common pool of suspects. While admirable, I find it premature and impossible in the sprawling state the field is in right now. Too many players are all over the place and too few reads are being generated. Just to demonstrate my perspective:

Ben and April are proactive. That's it.
Councilwoman and Knope seem busy barking at supatown.
Honest to God if I can comb through Chris' roleplay for anything relevant he has pushed forward.
Jerry is, at best, tunneling on high-posting suspects he issued no strong reasoning against.
Andrew is acting like a doofus.
June-Ricko is yodelling like a doofus.
Donna is not posting enough and her coming in, heading out type of end-phase opinion is not convincing yet.
Newport and Jamm are off radar.
Tom is one day behind in introducing himself via roleplay and nothing else.

Good luck with POE on this.

Topic number 2 concerns my announced initiative to look through the Lynch Bill voters.

I am not as pleased as April with Ann's vote, due to the progression that shows up in her appreciation of Bill, which is:

-- No signs of suspicion in early chatter with Bill over April's claim.
-- No issues whatsoever with Bill's claim, in fact takes it as "confirmation on her [April's] claim" based on zero substance. Besides, a reminder that, for the same format of claim, she deemed me suspicious.
-- Wants a case "presented to her" when April prods her for an opinion on Bill.
-- Ben analyses his posts and, all of a sudden, Ann is content with the points made, "can understand the votes" on Bill and joins the party.

Ben also starts very neutral in reacting to Bill's posts or Bill being suspected (banter, roleplay), then seems to even get caught up in the logic of Bill's "claim" (believing Bill to have claimed Miller?) only to join the claimers' party (guess Ann was too busy singling me out on everything to notice this bit, as well *frowns*). Gets into form by juggling with connections between April and several people, Bill included. Deems him worst looking and votes.

Now, in hindsight, some of Ben's comments tend to sound a bit like smearing - "comes out of the gate casting shade", "decides to pivot on an axis away" - in order to strengthen his lead on Bill. On the other hand, I can sort of understand why he built upon a "April and Bill going at each other" antagonism to form his idea that they must be of different alignment. Of course, this did not hold up, nor did his case making proved successful for that phase, but who knows, it can happen to the best of us on certain days. At this point, there are some questionable details, but I am undecided if this speaks bad for Ben.

I agree that Chris' progession does not speak well at all for his vote. It's near bandwagoning, with just a hint of trying to assess him in his own words. I would like this man to be pressured by the rest of the community.

Donna's vote is coated in a semblance of process of elimination, while also containing no reasoning whatsoever as to why she picked Bill. There is nothing more I dislike than votes offered with no reason. Except for stuffed peppers, which offer no reason to be edible whatsoever. But I have one can usually hook someone from either side for such sins, so this is about as vague as a Wag of Finger can get.

Topic number 3 concerns all the turkey I will feast upon tonight. I am delighted to announce it will exceeded the amount I ate last Thanksgiving, which was a large amount. That is all.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you are all having a truly wonderful holiday with your friends and loved ones, that is what this day is all about after all! I personally love the cooking. I made a scrumptious grilled portobello dish with glazed baby carrots. It was positively to die for! No turkey for me, eating healthy keeps this body strong! :biggrin:

I thought I would take a break from my celebrating to share my thoughts with the group. After all, we’re stronger as a team! I love teamwork! :biggrin:

I was going through some of Jerry’s projects he’s been working on and I found something a little bothersome in the following quote:

Jerry Gergich wrote:I sure wonder why anyone would want to kill poor Craig. He barely posted, and only said nice things about April.If April was mafia, it could make sense for her to kill a defender, but nothing she has posted makes me think she would be so evil. I like to believe the best in people.Most likely it was a low poster kill designed to leave no clues at all. I guess I'd better step up my own game if I don't want the same thing to happen to me! It would be just my luck.

Maybe I'm just being a goofball, but it seems to me that a more active mafia is more likley to kill low posters than a more passive one, so I would want to look at higher posters. The highest posters so far are Ron, Andy, Ben, Ann, and April. I already know I trust April and already know I don't trust Ben, so that leaves me three more people to look at carefully before I vote. Just as soon as I finish this filing.

The first highlighted portion looked a little like an attempt to cast some doubt on the confirmed civilian status of April, without committing to her being bad, as he followed it up with a statement which says he doesn’t find a reason not to believe her to be bad. I like his positive outlook on people, but I don’t like his casting mild doubt while taking the opposite stance.

The second one concerns me because it could dissuade people from trying to look for a connection or reason to look at who might kill Craig and why. Looking for answer can only be a good thing, at least that’s what my therapist, Dr. Richard Nygard tells me all the time.

Ron Swanson, your paranoid distrust of government officials such as myself is hilarious as always! Also, I find your annoyance with my roleplay to be positively amusing. It is akin to Marshall Langman lobbying against gay rights really. I truly hope, Ron, that I can win your trust and respect someday. Because I trust and respect you. Well, as a person anyway. I’m not sure what I think of your alignment in this game yet. I mean, you have sworn to take down the government from the inside so you can hardly blame me for being cautious. Also, I welcome pressure from the community, being put under pressure makes us stronger. I learned that from my childhood disease which was supposed to kill me, but here I am! Isn’t life a magnificent blessing! :biggrin:

Ann Perkins! You seem to have changed your mind on listening to April regarding her opinion of Ron Swanson again. Can you explain why? As it stands right now, I trust you less than him. I don’t want to upset you in your delicate condition, and might I add, you are positively radiant! But you have read less genuine to me than Ron. Your turnabout in Day looked to me a little like you were buddying up to the most confirmed civilian in the game, rather than sincerely changing your mind. And now your sudden vote on him makes me feel even more concerned about your alignment. I look forward to your response!

I would really like to hear more from Jeremy Jamm, Bobby Newport, Donna Meagle, Tom Haverford, and Jean-Ralphio Sapperstein. Conversation is like lubricant for friendship! Also, it helps to find the baddies. :biggrin:

Finally, Andy my sweet, lovable friend! :biggrin: I mean it, cut out processed sugars. You might also try avoiding red dye 40, it’s known for causing ADHD among other things. Also, use your words. Lists with no context are very unhelpful. But I love your energy buddy! :biggrin:

Now I need to go, I want to squeeze in a quick run before I turn in for the night. Twice around Pawnee city limits seems good to me. Anyone want to join me? :biggrin:
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

Chris Traeger wrote: The second one concerns me because it could dissuade people from trying to look for a connection or reason to look at who might kill Craig and why. Looking for answer can only be a good thing, at least that’s what my therapist, Dr. Richard Nygard tells me all the time.
I'm sorry if my work is not up to your standards lately, Chris. I ripped my pants somehow and had to spend most of the day sitting down to keep anyone from noticing. It was only a theory, and if you can see a connection between Craig and the killer, I would love to hear it! I just didn't see much in his posting to make me think of other people.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: [DAY 1] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by Akemi Homura »

Looking at these files all day, I have to say that I think the killer is someone who posts a lot, and that it's very likely that at least one voter for Bill was bad. Cross referencing the two leads me to Ben, Ann, Chris, or Ron. Ron is just such a great guy, and after reading some more of his posts, I think I have to trust him for now.

That means I think we should lynch Ben, Ann, or Chris. Ann used the word "interesting" in her second post of the game, which to me always seems like a fluff word that doesn't say anything but appears to say something, so she is definitely on my radar.
Ann Perkins wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Ann Perkins wrote:Hullo how's it going friends
Aren't you paying attention, woman? This is the worst day since Charles Mulligan's Steakhouse was shut down. Show some damn respect!
I can't ask how my friends are doing during this tragedy? Interesting...
Anyone else have thoughts on these three? I'm so lucky to work with such smart people.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 64

Post by The Dry Flood »

Ron, I think your points against Ann are good, and I want to hear that nasty creature answer to them.
Golden
Marmot
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Principal Skinner »

Ron Swanson wrote:I am not as pleased as April with Ann's vote, due to the progression that shows up in her appreciation of Bill, which is:

-- No issues whatsoever with Bill's claim, in fact takes it as "confirmation on her [April's] claim" based on zero substance. Besides, a reminder that, for the same format of claim, she deemed me suspicious.
-- Ben analyses his posts and, all of a sudden, Ann is content with the points made, "can understand the votes" on Bill and joins the party.
1) I had no suspicion of Bill earlier because I didn't find him to be suspicious. It truly is that simple.
2) I don't know when this happened. Please clarify which post you're talking about so I can address it, because you're misinterpreting. I believe April's claim because it could backfire on Mafia SO easily. Had nothing to do with Bill.
3) See point 1. I did not have any suspicion on Bill at that point, so I asked April (who has my high town read) for her point of view of the subject. They way she laid it out to me change my thinking into someone who was very insincere, and looked like planning went into every post he said (I guess role-playing does that, too) which I sometimes read as a player making sure nothing they say is taken wrong.
4) my post coming after Bens is pure coincidence, and my change in vote was purely on April's presentation and that I saw nothing pro-town from him when I went back to reread. But even so, I don't see a problem with having additional reads on a person, so Bens ISO was appreciated, even though I hate ISOs.

So, to sum it up for you:
- person who I am most interested in lynching (Ron) is a town read to most players, and no one will join on a d1 lynch on him or pressure him.
- my strongest town read (not really a read I guess, but you understand) lays out a logical argument about a player.
- I cross reference her points against his posts, and find that he doesn't really appear to be attempting to help town too much.
- Bill appears to be an OK lynch, but not my #1 choice. I look at vote count and understand my vote is obviously more useful to us in a different position, especially with only a few day hours left where I'd be online.
Therefore, my vote was moved from Ron to Bill.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Jerry Gergich wrote:Looking at these files all day, I have to say that I think the killer is someone who posts a lot, and that it's very likely that at least one voter for Bill was bad. Cross referencing the two leads me to Ben, Ann, Chris, or Ron. Ron is just such a great guy, and after reading some more of his posts, I think I have to trust him for now.

That means I think we should lynch Ben, Ann, or Chris. Ann used the word "interesting" in her second post of the game, which to me always seems like a fluff word that doesn't say anything but appears to say something, so she is definitely on my radar.
Ann Perkins wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Ann Perkins wrote:Hullo how's it going friends
Aren't you paying attention, woman? This is the worst day since Charles Mulligan's Steakhouse was shut down. Show some damn respect!
I can't ask how my friends are doing during this tragedy? Interesting...
Anyone else have thoughts on these three? I'm so lucky to work with such smart people.
Those posts mean literally nothing. It was playful banter at the start of the game. Are you just going to page 1 and quoting the first posts so it looks like contribution -_-

Even if I do get lynched at some point, please say your reasoning isn't because I said "interesting"
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

hi everyone!

ok so, i really don't trust leslie. i think that she was kidnapped and replaced with fake leslie. alsowhere is she?!
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Ann Perkins wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I am not as pleased as April with Ann's vote, due to the progression that shows up in her appreciation of Bill, which is:

1) I had no suspicion of Bill earlier because I didn't find him to be suspicious. It truly is that simple.
2) I don't know when this happened. Please clarify which post you're talking about so I can address it, because you're misinterpreting. I believe April's claim because it could backfire on Mafia SO easily. Had nothing to do with Bill.
3) See point 1. I did not have any suspicion on Bill at that point, so I asked April (who has my high town read) for her point of view of the subject. They way she laid it out to me change my thinking into someone who was very insincere, and looked like planning went into every post he said (I guess role-playing does that, too) which I sometimes read as a player making sure nothing they say is taken wrong.
4) my post coming after Bens is pure coincidence, and my change in vote was purely on April's presentation and that I saw nothing pro-town from him when I went back to reread. But even so, I don't see a problem with having additional reads on a person, so Bens ISO was appreciated, even though I hate ISOs.
Regarding 2, I have no idea what this is, then.
Ann Perkins wrote:
Bill Dexhart wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:And I can say that my role definitely is in both 1 and C.
Thanks for the confirmation on her claim.
I can't say whether or not I agree with her at this moment.
Regarding 3, I have no way of discerning from your posts where and when exactly you had April as your "high town read". Quite the opposite, because here you said:
Ann Perkins wrote:
Bill Dexhart wrote:Why make the claim when you have no way of proving otherwise? I still think a mafia member is the one most likely to make that claim. Especially given they are the only ones who know what the current setup is.

And a vote for me too? Do I get a gold star if I win this electi...oh wait. This isn't an election. :puppy:
Because Mafia already has the game narrowed to 2 different setups. If a counter claim gets made, it informs us what the setup actually is.

Would that not take the Mafia's advantage away in a setup like this?

Basically the only reason I'm keeping my vote off April atm. Her lynch does offer valuable information, but a better lynch may present itself.
Regarding 4, it appears indeed that I have mistaken you for reacting to Ben's review of Bill, not April's. Hmm.
Ann Perkins wrote: So, to sum it up for you:
- person who I am most interested in lynching (Ron) is a town read to most players, and no one will join on a d1 lynch on him or pressure him.
- my strongest town read (not really a read I guess, but you understand) lays out a logical argument about a player.
- I cross reference her points against his posts, and find that he doesn't really appear to be attempting to help town too much.
- Bill appears to be an OK lynch, but not my #1 choice. I look at vote count and understand my vote is obviously more useful to us in a different position, especially with only a few day hours left where I'd be online.
I can acknowledge this interpretation, but surely you can understand that "I wanted my vote to be more useful by joining the wagon party" is not an absolving statement. Guess who can pile on a wagon just as well, on pretense of "utility". The mafia.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

Chris Traeger wrote:I would really like to hear more from Jeremy Jamm, Bobby Newport, Donna Meagle, Tom Haverford, and Jean-Ralphio Sapperstein. Conversation is like lubricant for friendship!
You got it Cray-Tray! I'm all about the networkin' and hook-ups....

So check it: yesterday after I got my gobble-on, I hit the couch, turned on the 4k and hit-up Netflix to binge me some House of Cards to help figure this whole thing out...but it was ♪ ♯ BOOOORRRING AS HEEEEEELLLLLLLL ♫. Srsly, it gave me a migrane like after the first 5 min. So instead, I switched to SlurpHD for some classic epis of Survivor....
Jerry Gergich wrote:Looking at these files all day, I have to say that I think the killer is someone who posts a lot, and that it's very likely that at least one voter for Bill was bad. Cross referencing the two leads me to Ben, Ann, Chris, or Ron. Ron is just such a great guy, and after reading some more of his posts, I think I have to trust him for now.
Way to make a daring claim Jer-bear....that's about as exciting as a vacay to Muncie! Next you're gonna say the sky is blue, the sun's gonna come up in the east or that Kanye is the most underrated genius of our time! :haha:

So here's what I'm thinkin'...sexy Dexy was a RL bad boy and flipped civ-civ, right? So we can't really assume just cuz someone is a fan-fave that they'd be civ here too. That got me to lookin' at the guest list and the only two ass-hats on the list (besides sexy dexy) are Jammy-Jamm and Bobby-boy, neither of whom are lightin' up these pages...

Speakin' of puttin' this place on blast notice, Ben, Ron and Ann are the clear leaders, IMO. They could either be throwin' stuff against the walls to flush the birds from the brush or tryin' to create as much chaos to hide their own dark designs.

FYI- April scares me and last time I said something not nice against her, she paid Orin to follow me around for a week...then she stabbed me in the leg with my own tablet stylus!

I don't understand most of what Chris is sayin' but he's so handsome sayin' it I feel I can trust him.

Andy's got some sick jamz :workit: but his comments about Le-le kinda makes me :confused: :shrug: Then there was also this:
Andy Dwyer wrote:ok
i am scared of that darthart guy watching us. watch out for that
i think leslie might be an imposter
and i'm not sure how i feel about chris yet. Sometimes he talks the coolests sentences though
given the Dex results, this makes me :eye:
A'ight, I think that's all I got ATM, so I'm gonna blaze and pitch and idea to Dennis Feinstein for a fragrance that can also be a shot in the clubs...I call it COLOGNEAC!
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

So who do you suspect? It feels like a lot of thinking against the grain or just eyeballing.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

Well if I had a gun to my head (you don't have a gun on you, do you Ron?), I think I'd have to go Andy right now...
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Marge Simpson »

I'm about half caught up on what I should and am totes voting Ben.

His style is garbage and he probably is taking it out on others, so lets get him outa here.
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Thundercat »

Meagle Thanksgiving was ugly. Lavondrius showed up. WTH? Lavondrius????!!!

April - I know my vote was pretty lame. I tried to address that and also put my fellow lame posters on notice with my post. Meagle is like a fine wine. She hangs in the fringe and gets better with age.

Ron - I can see why you are worried about Ann. You raise very good points. My gut, at the moment, tells me she is ok. But I do see what you are saying.

TommyH - where the hell have you been? #Iamplayingmafia #sileneisnotanoption. #mydevicesloveme #treatyoselfislonlywhenthere'snofriends.

Honestly, I don't buy into the idea that paying close attention = high posting. I think it's easy to
stay quiet and still pay attention. I'm just as worried about our vocal players as our quiet players. And I know I'm a questionable person.

Andy seems singularly focused on the idea of Evil Leslie to the point where I'm curious as to where the role play ends and where the game starts. That said, we have a long day phase and maybe Andy had too much pie at Thanksgiving so he is all sugar high.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Tom Haverford wrote:I'm about half caught up on what I should and am totes voting Ben.

His style is garbage and he probably is taking it out on others, so lets get him outa here.
I you've explained your vote for Ben, and I still have no idea why you voted for Ben. Get your head in the game, Haverford.

Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Donna Meagle wrote:Meagle Thanksgiving was ugly. Lavondrius showed up. WTH? Lavondrius????!!!

April - I know my vote was pretty lame. I tried to address that and also put my fellow lame posters on notice with my post. Meagle is like a fine wine. She hangs in the fringe and gets better with age.

Ron - I can see why you are worried about Ann. You raise very good points. My gut, at the moment, tells me she is ok. But I do see what you are saying.

TommyH - where the hell have you been? #Iamplayingmafia #sileneisnotanoption. #mydevicesloveme #treatyoselfislonlywhenthere'snofriends.

Honestly, I don't buy into the idea that paying close attention = high posting. I think it's easy to
stay quiet and still pay attention. I'm just as worried about our vocal players as our quiet players. And I know I'm a questionable person.

Andy seems singularly focused on the idea of Evil Leslie to the point where I'm curious as to where the role play ends and where the game starts. That said, we have a long day phase and maybe Andy had too much pie at Thanksgiving so he is all sugar high.
Donna, do you have even a single suspect? You've talked about or to five specific players in this post without making an actual read.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Andy Dwyer wrote:hi everyone!

ok so, i really don't trust leslie. i think that she was kidnapped and replaced with fake leslie. alsowhere is she?!
Baby show me why you don't trust Leslie.

I'm open to hearing your case though. I know Bert Macklin doesn't make an arrest lightly. :hugs:
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Ann, what changed between here:
Ann Perkins wrote:Basically the only reason I'm keeping my vote off April atm. Her lynch does offer valuable information, but a better lynch may present itself.
and here:
Ann Perkins wrote:OK April, because I believe your claim and respect your opinion because of that, I have read back on Ron.
?

Golden
Marmot
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

April, girl i love you, but step off a bit. Donna plays by finding her trust first. Yea, i talk about how i feel about peeps. I don't make cases,, i read them. And make judgments based on said trust.

If your opinion of me is soley based on a weak day 1 vote and the fact that i am not, nor will i ever be a case making player, girl.......do what you gotta do.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Donna Meagle wrote:April, girl i love you, but step off a bit. Donna plays by finding her trust first. Yea, i talk about how i feel about peeps. I don't make cases,, i read them. And make judgments based on said trust.

If your opinion of me is soley based on a weak day 1 vote and the fact that i am not, nor will i ever be a case making player, girl.......do what you gotta do.
I don't care about some stupid case. I just don't know what your reads are, not even your gut reads. As far as I can tell you have no reads.
Golden
Marmot
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Ron Swanson wrote:
Ann Perkins wrote:

Ron Swanson wrote:Regarding 2, I have no idea what this is, then.
Ann Perkins wrote:
Bill Dexhart wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:And I can say that my role definitely is in both 1 and C.
Thanks for the confirmation on her claim.
I can't say whether or not I agree with her at this moment.
Ron Swanson wrote:Regarding 3, I have no way of discerning from your posts where and when exactly you had April as your "high town read". Quite the opposite, because here you said:
Ann Perkins wrote:
Bill Dexhart wrote:Why make the claim when you have no way of proving otherwise? I still think a mafia member is the one most likely to make that claim. Especially given they are the only ones who know what the current setup is.

And a vote for me too? Do I get a gold star if I win this electi...oh wait. This isn't an election. :puppy:
Because Mafia already has the game narrowed to 2 different setups. If a counter claim gets made, it informs us what the setup actually is.

Would that not take the Mafia's advantage away in a setup like this?

Basically the only reason I'm keeping my vote off April atm. Her lynch does offer valuable information, but a better lynch may present itself.
Ron Swanson wrote:Regarding 4, it appears indeed that I have mistaken you for reacting to Ben's review of Bill, not April's. Hmm.
Ann Perkins wrote: So, to sum it up for you:
Ron Swanson wrote:I can acknowledge this interpretation, but surely you can understand that "I wanted my vote to be more useful by joining the wagon party" is not an absolving statement. Guess who can pile on a wagon just as well, on pretense of "utility". The mafia.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Ugh I hit submit instead of preview.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Ron,

2) That is not me using Bill's claim to confirm April. 95% of the game can claim, even Mafia claiming, and it doesn't confirm April's role. The first line was just there to lead into my second line, where I am trying to hint that I cannot agree with April's claim. I was hoping the Mafia might see it as subtly claiming one of the power roles, and I would get murdered in place of a true power role. However, it looks like I may have even brought extra attention towards Bill by quoting him.

3) For this point, I do agree that I was not very concise with my point, but that happens to me when I am posting from my phone. Chris also asked me about the same post, and I clarified it to him:
Ann Perkins wrote:I'm sorry, but it's the opposite. I may have spoken against her, but I have said more to her benefit. Even discouraging a lynch on her.
You're right, that I did state that lynching her will reduce the setup to 2 possibilities. But I stated after that mafia already has that knowledge and wouldn't risk sacrificing themselves in order to share that knowledge with us. Even if it does possibly out them a power role, it just wouldn't be worth it for them.
As for my last line, I was saying that the reason I am keeping my vote off of April was due to the actual mechanics of the setup and not anything that April herself had done at that point. It was to say I'm not voting her, but giving her 0 credit for it. At that point, she did not have that good of a Town read to me.

For your last line, I totally agree with you 100%. If anything, I would agree that my vote on the wagon at the end of the day would be the scummiest thing I have done so far. It's definitely an easy thing for Mafia to do to try to appear useful, especially on a lynch that appears like it's going to happen anyway. It's not like I don't understand this pressure on me, I have made a few questionable choices.

But, to be honest Ron, you just give me a bad feeling. Sure, you have picked up your pro-Town stance a LOT since I have pointed out that I'm looking at you. You do get some Town cred for that, because it's not only me you're questioning, and the things you are questioning me on are legitimate things and not much being taken out of context. I'm guessing it's just the roleplay, but everything I read just sounded so insincere and forced, and like every post is premeditated (which it is if you're roleplaying). And it didn't help the fact that you're reiterating your Vanilla claim 2-3 times so far; everyone except April is now a Vanilla, so the point to say this multiple times is moot.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

April Ludgate wrote:Ann, what changed between here:
Ann Perkins wrote:Basically the only reason I'm keeping my vote off April atm. Her lynch does offer valuable information, but a better lynch may present itself.
and here:
Ann Perkins wrote:OK April, because I believe your claim and respect your opinion because of that, I have read back on Ron.
?

Because at the time of the first post, it was basically you just claiming Miller. Nothing really of substance had been provided at that point that showed you in a Town light. Between the two posts, you advocated for Bill's lynch, questioned a few players and interacted a lot with basically everyone. Then, when you went out of your way to explain your case against Bill to me, I took that as an extremely Town thing to do.

I also address your question slightly in the post above, which you've read.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

I find it kind of strange how 2 active players, Craig & Ben, haven't interacted at all the entire game so far. Maybe they have another day chat they can communicate in ho-hummm

That being said, Donna does look really bad. Not sure if helpless Civ or unhelpful Mafia trying to lay low.
Tom is another person who I don't see much of, and when I do I am not impressed at all.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Ann Perkins wrote:I find it kind of strange how 2 active players, Chris & Ben, haven't interacted at all the entire game so far. Maybe they have another day chat they can communicate in ho-hummm

That being said, Donna does look really bad. Not sure if helpless Civ or unhelpful Mafia trying to lay low.
Tom is another person who I don't see much of, and when I do I am not impressed at all.
Fixed. Accidentally wrote Craig instead of Chris -_-. I'll stop with all the posts now, no one wants to read 781923 posts in a row from the same person.
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

I thought I had been doing that April, but I will try again with less role play.

I feel pretty great about you, Ron and Ben being on the side of good.
To a lesser extent I would say Ann and Leslie.
Chris and Jerry round out the middle of the pack for me.
J-R's posts hurt my head.
I have growing concerns about Tommy one post as well as Chris's fixation with "evil Leslie."
Jamm and Bobby have dropped off the face of the Earth so hard that I forgot about them until I looked at the list. That's never good, but it's the holiday weekend so I hope they come back around.
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

Nothing super solid, no posts or anything, just where my gut is sitting at the moment.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Towny McTownface »

Ron Swanson wrote:I'd like to hear what Leslie to say given her Ron & April nonsense at the late hours of the late phase, in light of the flip and what it says about April. Bunch of nothing throughout the phase, AWOL for 42 hours and then comes in, having drunk apparently from the same bottle of cheap Bud as Ann.
It was less than 24 hours.

I don't think it changes much. It makes me slightly more sure that I can trust her, but I still don't trust you, Ron. There are two reasons I'm still alive at this point: 1. Craig outed himself. 2. One or more of my accusations (you, April, Andy) was correct and killing me would have only raised more suspicions.
Ron Swanson wrote:
leslie
bill
ron
That's very interesting, Ron. I'm a vanilla townie, and I think you know that.

My top suspects at the moment are Ron and Andy - two of my best friends. I'm also keeping an eye on Jerry. I'm sure this is his fault somehow. Even if he hasn't directly killed anyone.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

I also find it a bit funny that Ron was the only person to acknowledge the post I made before the last vote, and how he dismissed it as me having drank a "the same cheap bottle of Bud as Ann." I just wish I had had time to make that post sooner so, and I can't believe I'm saying this about a sex-crazed maniac who made me show my butt on TV, we could have saved Bill's life. Also, Ron has consistently accused me of not contributing, but I'm one of the few people who've been making honest suggestions on what to do next.

The way Ron has been manipulating and steering the debate doesn't sit right with me, and that's why I'm voting for him again.

Feel free to change my mind, but for now, Ron gets my vote.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

...gun will travel reads the card of a man and a knight armor in a savaaage land

Good morning, everybody! I hope your feast was as good and plentiful as mine.

Ah, good morning, deputy! Let's have a look at what you wrote here.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I'd like to hear what Leslie to say given her Ron & April nonsense at the late hours of the late phase, in light of the flip and what it says about April. Bunch of nothing throughout the phase, AWOL for 42 hours and then comes in, having drunk apparently from the same bottle of cheap Bud as Ann.
Really?

From Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:45 pm
Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:46 pm

Result: 1 day, 6 hours, 1 minute and 0 seconds

Guess it proves somewhere in the middle of what I said and what you said, but still nowhere near your "wasn't gone for a day".
Leslie Knope wrote: I don't think it changes much. It makes me slightly more sure that I can trust her, but I still don't trust you, Ron. There are two reasons I'm still alive at this point: 1. Craig outed himself.
He did? *frowns* Well, I guess that is true, in the sense that the mafia might have figured him out. So are you saying you are mafia?
Leslie Knope wrote: 2. One or more of my accusations (you, April, Andy) was correct and killing me would have only raised more suspicions.
Speculative. Besides, the mafia just pinpointed and killed off the town cop. I don't think that tells us they're worried about using gloves in this game.

Besides, don't you change your narrative now, Knope. You said "Ron and April are plotting together". Now it's "maybe not April, but still Ron"? Why? Also, what would it be required for you to be slightly more than "slightly more sure" that you can trust April?
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
leslie
bill
ron
I know what I am, so that was simple math. I wish I could trust you to be town as well, but at this stage, I cannot.
Leslie Knope wrote: My top suspects at the moment are Ron and Andy - two of my best friends. I'm also keeping an eye on Jerry. I'm sure this is his fault somehow. Even if he hasn't directly killed anyone.
Defense mode. Noted.
Leslie Knope wrote:I also find it a bit funny that Ron was the only person to acknowledge the post I made before the last vote, and how he dismissed it as me having drank a "the same cheap bottle of Bud as Ann."
What's wrong with me looking at your post? I deem it suspicious, should I not? And foremost, I dismissed it as nonsense.
Leslie Knope wrote: I just wish I had had time to make that post sooner so, and I can't believe I'm saying this about a sex-crazed maniac who made me show my butt on TV, we could have saved Bill's life. Also, Ron has consistently accused me of not contributing, but I'm one of the few people who've been making honest suggestions on what to do next.

The way Ron has been manipulating and steering the debate doesn't sit right with me, and that's why I'm voting for him again.
My answer to this rhymes with "Knope".

Your honest suggestions on what to do next were the following:

Blame Eagleton.
Blame Newport?
Let's not lynch anyone.

That's it.
"One of the few people".
Mhm.

I'll catch up with the rest of the posts in a bit.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Ann Perkins wrote:Ron,

2) That is not me using Bill's claim to confirm April. 95% of the game can claim, even Mafia claiming, and it doesn't confirm April's role. The first line was just there to lead into my second line, where I am trying to hint that I cannot agree with April's claim. I was hoping the Mafia might see it as subtly claiming one of the power roles, and I would get murdered in place of a true power role. However, it looks like I may have even brought extra attention towards Bill by quoting him.
Mkay.
Ann Perkins wrote: 3) For this point, I do agree that I was not very concise with my point, but that happens to me when I am posting from my phone. Chris also asked me about the same post, and I clarified it to him:
Ann Perkins wrote:I'm sorry, but it's the opposite. I may have spoken against her, but I have said more to her benefit. Even discouraging a lynch on her.
You're right, that I did state that lynching her will reduce the setup to 2 possibilities. But I stated after that mafia already has that knowledge and wouldn't risk sacrificing themselves in order to share that knowledge with us. Even if it does possibly out them a power role, it just wouldn't be worth it for them.
As for my last line, I was saying that the reason I am keeping my vote off of April was due to the actual mechanics of the setup and not anything that April herself had done at that point. It was to say I'm not voting her, but giving her 0 credit for it. At that point, she did not have that good of a Town read to me.
Sounds a bit convoluted too me, but mkay.
Ann Perkins wrote: And it didn't help the fact that you're reiterating your Vanilla claim 2-3 times so far; everyone except April is now a Vanilla, so the point to say this multiple times is moot.
What? As far as I recall, I only said it once. And it was in mocking reply to Bill's own. Which, again, you had no issue with. But you did have with mine, 'cause... ?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Donna Meagle wrote:I thought I had been doing that April, but I will try again with less role play.

I feel pretty great about you, Ron and Ben being on the side of good.
To a lesser extent I would say Ann and Leslie.
Chris and Jerry round out the middle of the pack for me.
J-R's posts hurt my head.
I have growing concerns about Tommy one post as well as Chris's fixation with "evil Leslie."
Jamm and Bobby have dropped off the face of the Earth so hard that I forgot about them until I looked at the list. That's never good, but it's the holiday weekend so I hope they come back around.
There is no Chris fixation with "evil Leslie".

But since you mention Chris:

What. Do people. Think. About. Him.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Leslie Knope wrote:I also find it a bit funny that Ron was the only person to acknowledge the post I made before the last vote, and how he dismissed it as me having drank a "the same cheap bottle of Bud as Ann." I just wish I had had time to make that post sooner so, and I can't believe I'm saying this about a sex-crazed maniac who made me show my butt on TV, we could have saved Bill's life. Also, Ron has consistently accused me of not contributing, but I'm one of the few people who've been making honest suggestions on what to do next.

Feel free to change my mind, but for now, Ron gets my vote.
hey leslie i have to say UR WORNG!

all of your posts until the end of day one were absolute fluff and had no substance to them and this was pointed out several times by FBI AGENT BERT MACKLIN and you did nothing other than rebuff him. that hurt his feelings. :pout:

but don't apologize it's too late.

your 1st ten posts in this game were utterly useless. i have pointed this out many times, but you just dismseed my attac as "baseless". that's not cool talk leslie.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Leslie Knope wrote:

I don't think it changes much. It makes me slightly more sure that I can trust her, but I still don't trust you, Ron. There are two reasons I'm still alive at this point: 1. Craig outed himself. 2. One or more of my accusations (you, April, Andy) was correct and killing me would have only raised more suspicions.
Ron Swanson wrote:
leslie
bill
ron

My top suspects at the moment are Ron and Andy - two of my best friends. I'm also keeping an eye on Jerry. I'm sure this is his fault somehow. Even if he hasn't directly killed anyone.
no reason for suspecing me other than me knowing she's an evil imposter

insinuates ron knows she's a good person because ron must be evil

very vague
very loose
nothing to commit to here
nothing to even say she stands for
this is not the leslie knoep i know1
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Ron Swanson wrote:Really?

Guess it proves somewhere in the middle of what I said and what you said, but still nowhere near your "wasn't gone for a day".
Time between posts. I got caught up as soon as I got home Tuesday and almost missed the vote.
Ron Swanson wrote:He did? *frowns* Well, I guess that is true, in the sense that the mafia might have figured him out. So are you saying you are mafia?
I fail to see how you got there. I'm a vanilla townie.
Ron Swanson wrote:Speculative. Besides, the mafia just pinpointed and killed off the town cop. I don't think that tells us they're worried about using gloves in this game.
Killing me would have made sense if I were entirely off-base, because it would have made you, April, and Andy look guilty if you're all civvies.
Ron Swanson wrote:Besides, don't you change your narrative now, Knope. You said "Ron and April are plotting together". Now it's "maybe not April, but still Ron"? Why? Also, what would it be required for you to be slightly more than "slightly more sure" that you can trust April?
There's still a possibility that the mafia took a 50/50 gamble on what setup we're in and had her claim Miller knowing that if it paid off, the only way to prove that were either good or bad would be to lynch her. While it seems unlikely, it's still possible.
Ron Swanson wrote:
I know what I am, so that was simple math. I wish I could trust you to be town as well, but at this stage, I cannot.
What it looked like to me is Andy making another attempt to tee me up so you can knock me out of the park.
Ron Swanson wrote:
Leslie Knope wrote: My top suspects at the moment are Ron and Andy - two of my best friends. I'm also keeping an eye on Jerry. I'm sure this is his fault somehow. Even if he hasn't directly killed anyone.
Defense mode. Noted.
Defense mode? Nobody has cast a vote for me this time, despite Andy's attempts. What am I defending from? It looks to me like you're in defense mode.
Ron Swanson wrote:What's wrong with me looking at your post? I deem it suspicious, should I not? And foremost, I dismissed it as nonsense.
It doesn't bother me that you looked at the post. What bothered me is that you dismissed it as nonsense without addressing any of my points.

And other than being obviously manipulative, what points have you made?
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Leslie, you're making no sense. You say Craig outed himself, and then insinuate the baddies left you alive because of your reads.

If Craig outed himself they left you (and everyone) alive because they were killing the cop.

voting Leslie Knope
Golden
Marmot
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Ron Swanson wrote:

It's hard to get a read on him. He talks for a long time, but rarely, if ever, says anything of value.
Andy Dwyer wrote: hey leslie i have to say UR WORNG!

all of your posts until the end of day one were absolute fluff and had no substance to them and this was pointed out several times by FBI AGENT BERT MACKLIN and you did nothing other than rebuff him. that hurt his feelings. :pout:

your 1st ten posts in this game were utterly useless. i have pointed this out many times, but you just dismseed my attac as "baseless". that's not cool talk leslie.
I forgot, it's so easy to come out with solid, relevant suggestions on day 1. I'm sure everyone else had significantly more to say that I did.

They were baseless, because while you were essentially saying nothing, I was attempting to reason my way through this.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Really?

Time between posts. I got caught up as soon as I got home Tuesday and almost missed the vote.
I'm afraid thread time is the only one that matters. You were AWOL from the thread.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:He did? *frowns* Well, I guess that is true, in the sense that the mafia might have figured him out. So are you saying you are mafia?
I fail to see how you got there. I'm a vanilla townie.
Then how can you claim with certainty that Craig "outed himself"?
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Speculative. Besides, the mafia just pinpointed and killed off the town cop. I don't think that tells us they're worried about using gloves in this game.
Killing me would have made sense if I were entirely off-base, because it would have made you, April, and Andy look guilty if you're all civvies.
Still speculative.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Besides, don't you change your narrative now, Knope. You said "Ron and April are plotting together". Now it's "maybe not April, but still Ron"? Why? Also, what would it be required for you to be slightly more than "slightly more sure" that you can trust April?
There's still a possibility that the mafia took a 50/50 gamble on what setup we're in and had her claim Miller knowing that if it paid off, the only way to prove that were either good or bad would be to lynch her. While it seems unlikely, it's still possible.
Taking a gamble to guess which of eight setups we're in is not a 50/50 gamble.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
What it looked like to me is Andy making another attempt to tee me up so you can knock me out of the park.
That's not the point, nor was it in your earlier reply. I had already ridiculed Andy's list because it had a dead civilian on it.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Defense mode. Noted.
Defense mode? Nobody has cast a vote for me this time, despite Andy's attempts. What am I defending from? It looks to me like you're in defense mode.
From suspicions. People can be defensive at them as well.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:What's wrong with me looking at your post? I deem it suspicious, should I not? And foremost, I dismissed it as nonsense.
It doesn't bother me that you looked at the post. What bothered me is that you dismissed it as nonsense without addressing any of my points.

And other than being obviously manipulative, what points have you made?
Access link "In topic", below my profile picture, then read... pretty much everything.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

It's hard to get a read on him. He talks for a long time, but rarely, if ever, says anything of value.
Andy Dwyer wrote: hey leslie i have to say UR WORNG!

I forgot, it's so easy to come out with solid, relevant suggestions on day 1. I'm sure everyone else had significantly more to say that I did.

They were baseless, because while you were essentially saying nothing, I was attempting to reason my way through this.
....you made long posts that had no content when pointed out, you simply attacked me

that's not a good look
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

April Ludgate wrote:Leslie, you're making no sense. You say Craig outed himself, and then insinuate the baddies left you alive because of your reads.

If Craig outed himself they left you (and everyone) alive because they were killing the cop.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ugh. You're right, that doesn't make sense. I think I got carried away.
Ron Swanson wrote:Then how can you claim with certainty that Craig "outed himself"?
Craig Middlebrooks wrote:Oh my god, April claiming miller? That is so frickin precious. But I'll trust her, and I'll BURN THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND IF YOU LYNCH HER!
It's not definitive, and it's possible they could have just gotten lucky, but this seems to be the post where he outed himself.
Ron Swanson wrote:Taking a gamble to guess which of eight setups we're in is not a 50/50 gamble.
They know who the Godfather is, and choosing between 2 options is a 50/50 gamble.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Leslie's post close to the end of the lynch, once Bill had accumulated a lot of votes:
Leslie Knope wrote:Sorry, busy day preparing for the memorial service.

Let me start by saying that I find it incredibly odd that Bill was lurking the other day. I have also noticed that he hasn't cast a vote yet. I signed in and caught up with every intention of voting for him, but as much as I'd like to see that sick, sick man hang, this doesn't feel right.
She found it "incredibly odd" that Bill was lurking, and separately noticed that he hadn't cast a vote yet. She specifically elected to call him "incredibly odd" for any reason, something that is clearly an accusation. Only after making that accusation did she turn the post in the opposite direction.
Leslie Knope wrote:Now, given Pawnee's anti-Knope history, I'm writing this understanding that it may very well get me killed, either by hanging if I'm wrong. I think Ron and April are colluding. Also, I think Andy's baseless attack against me may indicate that he's the third member of their group. April made her claim and then Ron came out and said that someone else should confirm her story because that's the only way to know for sure. This strikes me as a deception tactic not only to get a civvie to out themselves as having a special role, but also to subtly establish April as a "confirmed" good person. Ron then attempted to do the same thing when he "reasoned" that the bad guys don't have BTSC and tried to establish that as fact as well.
She built an entire Mafia team on Day 1 based on pretty much nothing (Ron, Andy, and I). It was this silly pile of tinfoil with no supporting evidence other than a bunch of speculation which frankly no longer fits the current scenario. She has since said that I look better (of course I do, Craig's flip has essentially confirmed my claim), but she has only doubled down on Ron. Her whole premise was that we're teammates who were colluding to draw roleclaims out of the town power roles, something that no longer makes sense if she trusts me at all. She has molded her "suspicion" of Ron into something completely different now instead of reassessing herself, and she has asserted that she wasn't killed because she was right about him despite saying Craig outed himself. None of these assertions work together; it's a tossed salad of nonsense.
Leslie Knope wrote:Bill is creepy and sex-crazed, but there's no case to be made against him other than the fact that he questioned April's claim. I believe that this vote was intended to be railroaded into coming down between myself and Bill. I stood up for myself, so Bill's the easy choice.

I'm voting for Ron. He's like a father to me, but if there's even a chance April is good, then he and Andy are the best choices.
This looks like fake paranoia meant to keep her vote off of the easy mislynch wagon she had been provided.
Golden
Marmot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Taking a gamble to guess which of eight setups we're in is not a 50/50 gamble.
They know who the Godfather is, and choosing between 2 options is a 50/50 gamble.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

sigh.

evil leslie is evil.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

sigh.

evil leslie is evil.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Ben Wyatt wrote: That's...actually a really good point.

Can anyone else in the thread confirm that they have a role that doesn't fit into either 1 or C?

If no one else can disprove her claim, and I can't believe I'm about to say this, April Ludgate seems both trustworthy and legitimate.
I was looking through Ron's posts so I can gather all of the ones I find suspicious in one place, when I found this.

It appears as though Ben is attempting to get other people to out themselves. It's possible that he was unaware that that was what he was doing, but I think it deserves a second look.

As far as me "doubling down" on Ron as someone put it, I just found it incredibly suspicious that he so readily accepted that April is the Miller. Also, his assumption that the mafia didn't have BTSC on day 1 made it look like he was attempting to hide the fact that they did. While there was nothing explicitly written in the rules (from what I remember) saying that they did, there was also nothing saying that they didn't. I also don't like how both Ron and Andy accused me of not trying to be helpful with nothing to back that up.

Andy's attacks on me persist and we have gotten in an endless cycle of accusing each other because he singled me out for no apparent reason.

There are too many quiet people in this game. While it's possible my hypothesis of the mafia taking an active role to steer us against one another is true, I'm starting to think it's likely they're just sitting back and watching us do the work for them.

Return to “Previous Heists”