Total votes: 12
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 87

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 0]

Post by Elohcin »

a2thezebra wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I'm playing without reading my role.

You could also be scum and lying, using this as a shield. "Anything scummy I say can't actually be scummy cause I don't even know my alignment."

I'm with the marmot. You seem like a great first lynch. :)
I don't like going after newcomers, but this post feels very disingenuous to me.
I know I cut this down a bit for space and emphasis, but I don't think I took anything away from it in doing so. I have to disagree with you Zebra. I think the newbie has a good point here.

He goes on to say...
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
I did consider it and dismissed it. Townies generally shouldn't lie but may do so for the greater good. I see no greater good in this.
I think I like you, Jack. :D

If Snow Dog decides to play this game without reading his role, then I don't see him as a caring participant. I don't see him as helpful to us whatsoever. But...from what I remember of Snow Dog, this is unlike him. So, I have to believe that he DOES care, that he HAS looked at his role, and he IS lying in order to be able to say that we cannot pin anything on him. His behavior cannot be bad b/c he doesn't even know if he is. I just don't buy it.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
The only reason I don't want to lynch him actually is because his role flip is equally useless. This kind of player is better dealt with using abilities.
Concerning Snow Dog, DDL said this. Can you explain what you mean a little more clearly? Perhaps give me an example?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
He could be lying, but we have zero evidence of that. And past games is not evidence. This is mafia, everything can happen.

And, if he is lying, I see that as a way more likely sign of him being bad than otherwise. Lying as a civ is usually a bad move.
I disagree with the first part and agree with the second. I think past games can be used in figuring out someone's alignment.
Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Saying complete bullshit that makes yourself look bad just to get a reaction? There are better ways to get reactions that don't involve making yourself look bad.
Oh boy. I like this fellow. :dark:
I think this should be in sarcastic orange.

Notice how Epi and I have completely different views of this new guy. :p

--------------------------------------
So SD's comment about not reading his role went into 4 pages of posts. Then he sees he is taking heat for it and decides to say he was just joking. I don't believe it. I am sticking to my original judgement.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 408

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog was so obviously joking that I cannot take seriously anyone who says others.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:Snow Dog was so obviously joking that I cannot take seriously anyone who says others.
That should say "otherwise."

LOST
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

then I guess you cannot take me seriously.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote:Four pages all about Snow Dog and Long Con's bad directions.

Snow Dog must feel special.

I won't be voting him Day 1.
Oh yeah?

What caused you to determine SD is town or rather, definitely not someone you could see yourself lynching? Do you see a specific better option at this point?

Or did you merely mean you wouldn't lynch him over that one post?

I can take Eloh seriously. Shame you can't. :grin:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:then I guess you cannot take me seriously.
Logic!

Context people. Wilgy started a huge fracas in Monkey Island (Snow Dog's first game back with us after some time) by saying he hadn't read his role and didn't intend to.

Snow Dog's first post is this:
Snow Dog wrote:I'm playing without reading my role.
And

It's a non-issue.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Oh yeah?

What caused you to determine SD is town or rather, definitely not someone you could see yourself lynching? Do you see a specific better option at this point?

I have more experience with Snow Dog. I understand his Welsh sense of humor (humour?). I immediately gathered the context of his post when I read his post because I was in Monkey Island being eaten by cannibals.

I never said Snow Dog was good. I'm saying that the response Snow Dog was looking for to his first post was "Ha ha, good times, mate." Instead some of you decided to start a row over it. So there's that.

As for Eloh, she doesn't know why a vanilla civilian would lie about having a power role.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

If this is true, why did everyone let it go one for 4 pages? I just spend the last hour and a half reading and writing my opinion on the subject. I will never get that hour and a half back. I bet it even caused a wrinkle.

linki: I do now! :p
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

AND FWIW, his lying about the power role did us harm, not good.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:If this is true, why did everyone let it go one for 4 pages? I just spend the last hour and a half reading and writing my opinion on the subject. I will never get that hour and a half back. I bet it even caused a wrinkle.

linki: I do now! :p
Some of the people in the discussion weren't in Monkey Island.

Some people were though. Scroll down and see who was in that one.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Oh yeah?

I have more experience with Snow Dog. I understand his Welsh sense of humor (humour?). I immediately gathered the context of his post when I read his post because I was in Monkey Island being eaten by cannibals.

I never said Snow Dog was good. I'm saying that the response Snow Dog was looking for to his first post was "Ha ha, good times, mate." Instead some of you decided to start a row over it. So there's that.

As for Eloh, she doesn't know why a vanilla civilian would lie about having a power role.
If it's any consolation, you tasted delicious.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ok then, maybe some role analysis will be fun!

Violet Baudelaire – Violet is a brilliant inventor. She will create a new device every night and send it to a player of her choice. This looks very fun, I wonder if she can have full creative input about the device? I know we could think of some very useful devices. How about a device that, in addition to its primary purpose, also feeds info back to Violet about the user? Just one idea. Push the boundaries, Violet! :noble:

Klaus Baudelaire – Klaus loves to read, and is constantly learning. Twice in the game Klaus can send in a role and discover which player has that role. Reverse role-checker. Let's talk, people - which role would be most beneficial for Klaus to know? Should he learn who are powerful Civvies in order to form a super-Civ squad? Or automatically discover, like, the two baddie team leaders and watch them for a while before pushing their lynch?

Sunny Baudelaire – Sunny may be small, but her teeth are razor sharp. To defend her siblings, Sunny will kill every even night.

Mr. Poe – Mr. Poe is the executor of the Baudelaire estate, but even though he means well, he is unbelievably incompetent. Every night Mr. Poe will try to help a player. There is a 1/3 chance that player will be blocked, a 1/3 chance they will be silenced, and a 1/3 chance they will be killed. Powerful offensive Civ role, makes me chuckle that it's put forth as "try to help". I hope the recipient of this role will not interpret that as that they should try to help those they think are Civ. :|

Dr. Montgomery Montgomery – Uncle Monty is one of the few kind, reasonable people in this story. He will protect a player every night by hiding them in his Reptile Room.

Josephine Anwhistle – Aunt Josephine is afraid of nearly everything, but she's never afraid to correct someone's grammar. She will select a statement each night and discover whether it is true or false. Lie Detector. Traditionally, statements made specifically for the Lie Detector ("LD Statements") are against the rules, because it just makes it too easy. Interested to know where this host stands on that kind of thing. Can we all say "I am not a member of either baddie team"?

Hector – Hector is a friendly handyman. He may use his flying machine to stop one lynch and switch another. Can Hector switch the lynch to anyone, or does he have to switch it to the person with second-most votes?

Jerome Squalor – Jerome is a decent guy, but he's a total pushover at first. Every other day Jerome's vote will increase by 1.

Isadora Quagmire – BTSC with Duncan.

Duncan Quagmire – BTSC with Isadora.

Hal – Hal works in the Library of Records. He will search the records to role check a player every night.

Justice Strauss – In the event of a tie, Justice Strauss' vote will be the tie breaker.

Kit Snicket - SECRET

BADDIES (8)

COUNT OLAF'S TROUPE (4) Kill every odd night. Need the civvies and Ghastly Guardians dead to win.
Count Olaf – He is obsessed with the Baudelaire fortune, and will stop at nothing to get it. Olaf is a master of digsuise, so if role checked he will come back as a random civvie. SECRET
There's a number of rolecheckers in play... watch out for this guy.

The Hook-Handed Man – He may discover the identity of a dead player every night. Would be useless if the nightkills weren't janitored... bitches! :haha:

The Powder-Faced Women – Their vote counts for two as long as at least one other member of the Troupe votes the same way.

The Person of Indeterminate Gender – This huge androgynous person will block a player every night.

THE GHASTLY GUARDIANS (4) Kill every even night. Need the civvies and Count Olaf's Troupe dead to win.
Esme Squalor – Esme is obsessed with fashion and high society. She won't allow herself to be lynched unless she gets at least two-thirds of the votes. SECRET This should only save her once, then we should be able to rally and get 2/3 going. Of course... we have to be aware of Justice Strauss' power here as well. I guess Strauss would have to take the lead if it comes up.

Vice Principal Nero – Nero is the tyrannical authority at Prufrock Preparatory School. He will dole out a different punishment to a player every night. Umm... I'll not assist the evil creativity here.

Carmelita Spats – Carmelita is a spoiled, obnoxious rich kid. Her wealth allows her to buy a player off every night. If that person attempts to target Carmelita, it will fail on the first attempt.

Sir – Sir is the co-owner of the Lucky Smells Lumbermill and a ruthless businessman. Every night Sir can redirect a player's power.

INDEPENDENT (4)

THE VILLAGE OF FOWL DEVOTEES (2) – The Village of Fowl Devotees are a reclusive, authoritarian society with a strict code of laws. However, they are not actively malicious. They will win by surviving to the end. Each night the VFD has a block and a protect to use between them.

Mrs. Morrow

Mr. Lesko

Olivia Caliban – Olivia just wants to make everyone happy, but she can't please everyone. She can use her crystal ball to role check a player every night, and on Night 5 she must choose a team to align with.

Ishmael – Ishmael is the leader of a peaceful island community. Every night he will attempt to recruit a player. He will have a 50% chance of bringing them into his fold. Ishmael's team will win if they outnumber the other living players at any point. He will also survive the first NK and lynch attempt on his life. Another possible foil for catching Esme Squalor. Do we want Ishmael dead? If Ishmael's team wins, does everyone else lose and the game ends? Or do they just achieve their win condition and we keep going?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Oh yeah?

If it's any consolation, you tasted delicious.
I should. My insides are marinated in bourbon.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Epi

You never said Snow Dog was good, true.

What you said was "I won't be voting for him."

:shrug2:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Epi

Well, for what it's worth, I won't be voting for you Day 1 either, Jack. It has nothing to do with your alignment (or his).
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

To add onto your role analysis, LC - Klaus's role doesn't mention any restrictions as to when he can use his role. Just how many times he can use it. Unless he's a risk taker, I'd recommend that he figure out what he wants to do early so as to not waste an opportunity.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Zebra, Faraday, Long Con, Snow Dog, and you. I think those are the only ones in that game that were here discussing the subject. I will table my thoughts on Snow Dog and try to give him a fresh start in my book. I do seriously hate I wasted all that time on it though. I wasn't even going to read all those pages. I was just going to skim through as Day 0 is usually just fluff. But then it seemed important and noteworthy, so I read and commented, read and commented. Waste.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:

Well, for what it's worth, I won't be voting for you Day 1 either, Jack. It has nothing to do with your alignment (or his).
Oh yeah? Can't figure out how to use the polls either, then?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

sorry, that was directed at Epi. Apparently there was a lot of linki that failed to show up.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:To add onto your role analysis, LC - Klaus's role doesn't mention any restrictions as to when he can use his role. Just how many times he can use it. Unless he's a risk taker, I'd recommend that he figure out what he wants to do early so as to not waste an opportunity.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:To add onto your role analysis, LC - Klaus's role doesn't mention any restrictions as to when he can use his role. Just how many times he can use it. Unless he's a risk taker, I'd recommend that he figure out what he wants to do early so as to not waste an opportunity.
:shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:Zebra, Faraday, Long Con, Snow Dog, and you. I think those are the only ones in that game that were here discussing the subject. I will table my thoughts on Snow Dog and try to give him a fresh start in my book. I do seriously hate I wasted all that time on it though. I wasn't even going to read all those pages. I was just going to skim through as Day 0 is usually just fluff. But then it seemed important and noteworthy, so I read and commented, read and commented. Waste.
Where was Faraday discussing this? :ponder:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I'm sure I'm quite capable of using the polls. Have you encountered a technical issue I should be aware of?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I'm sure I'm quite capable of using the polls. Have you encountered a technical issue I should be aware of?
Actually....

Is there a way to both "subscribe" to threads so that I can click a list of all my subscribed threads but also not get emails any time anyone says anything in said threads? My mailbox is just blowing up, today.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Actually....

Is there a way to both "subscribe" to threads so that I can click a list of all my subscribed threads but also not get emails any time anyone says anything in said threads? My mailbox is just blowing up, today.
How about just keeping this open in a tab, and refreshing when you wanna catch up?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Actually....

I think there's a setting where you can uncheck everything so that nothing (or the things you dont want) don't get emailed to you as they happen.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:I think there's a setting where you can uncheck everything so that nothing (or the things you dont want) don't get emailed to you as they happen.
Thank you for giving me nightmares with that sentence.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:I think there's a setting where you can uncheck everything so that nothing (or the things you dont want) don't get emailed to you as they happen.
Thank you for giving me nightmares with that sentence.
I was eating a sausage roll as a wrote it so constructing a coherent sentence was put in the backseat.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I am still eating a sausage roll.
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Zebra, Faraday, Long Con, Snow Dog, and you. I think those are the only ones in that game that were here discussing the subject. I will table my thoughts on Snow Dog and try to give him a fresh start in my book. I do seriously hate I wasted all that time on it though. I wasn't even going to read all those pages. I was just going to skim through as Day 0 is usually just fluff. But then it seemed important and noteworthy, so I read and commented, read and commented. Waste.
Derp.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by DFaraday »

Long Con wrote:Ok then, maybe some role analysis will be fun!

Violet Baudelaire – Violet is a brilliant inventor. She will create a new device every night and send it to a player of her choice. This looks very fun, I wonder if she can have full creative input about the device? I know we could think of some very useful devices. How about a device that, in addition to its primary purpose, also feeds info back to Violet about the user? Just one idea. Push the boundaries, Violet! :noble:

Klaus Baudelaire – Klaus loves to read, and is constantly learning. Twice in the game Klaus can send in a role and discover which player has that role. Reverse role-checker. Let's talk, people - which role would be most beneficial for Klaus to know? Should he learn who are powerful Civvies in order to form a super-Civ squad? Or automatically discover, like, the two baddie team leaders and watch them for a while before pushing their lynch?

Sunny Baudelaire – Sunny may be small, but her teeth are razor sharp. To defend her siblings, Sunny will kill every even night.

Mr. Poe – Mr. Poe is the executor of the Baudelaire estate, but even though he means well, he is unbelievably incompetent. Every night Mr. Poe will try to help a player. There is a 1/3 chance that player will be blocked, a 1/3 chance they will be silenced, and a 1/3 chance they will be killed. Powerful offensive Civ role, makes me chuckle that it's put forth as "try to help". I hope the recipient of this role will not interpret that as that they should try to help those they think are Civ. :|

Dr. Montgomery Montgomery – Uncle Monty is one of the few kind, reasonable people in this story. He will protect a player every night by hiding them in his Reptile Room.

Josephine Anwhistle – Aunt Josephine is afraid of nearly everything, but she's never afraid to correct someone's grammar. She will select a statement each night and discover whether it is true or false. Lie Detector. Traditionally, statements made specifically for the Lie Detector ("LD Statements") are against the rules, because it just makes it too easy. Interested to know where this host stands on that kind of thing. Can we all say "I am not a member of either baddie team"? No statements declaring alignment or role are detectable.

Hector – Hector is a friendly handyman. He may use his flying machine to stop one lynch and switch another. Can Hector switch the lynch to anyone, or does he have to switch it to the person with second-most votes? He may switch it to anyone.

Jerome Squalor – Jerome is a decent guy, but he's a total pushover at first. Every other day Jerome's vote will increase by 1.

Isadora Quagmire – BTSC with Duncan.

Duncan Quagmire – BTSC with Isadora.

Hal – Hal works in the Library of Records. He will search the records to role check a player every night.

Justice Strauss – In the event of a tie, Justice Strauss' vote will be the tie breaker.

Kit Snicket - SECRET

BADDIES (8)

COUNT OLAF'S TROUPE (4) Kill every odd night. Need the civvies and Ghastly Guardians dead to win.
Count Olaf – He is obsessed with the Baudelaire fortune, and will stop at nothing to get it. Olaf is a master of digsuise, so if role checked he will come back as a random civvie. SECRET
There's a number of rolecheckers in play... watch out for this guy.

The Hook-Handed Man – He may discover the identity of a dead player every night. Would be useless if the nightkills weren't janitored... bitches! :haha:

The Powder-Faced Women – Their vote counts for two as long as at least one other member of the Troupe votes the same way.

The Person of Indeterminate Gender – This huge androgynous person will block a player every night.

THE GHASTLY GUARDIANS (4) Kill every even night. Need the civvies and Count Olaf's Troupe dead to win.
Esme Squalor – Esme is obsessed with fashion and high society. She won't allow herself to be lynched unless she gets at least two-thirds of the votes. SECRET This should only save her once, then we should be able to rally and get 2/3 going. Of course... we have to be aware of Justice Strauss' power here as well. I guess Strauss would have to take the lead if it comes up.

Vice Principal Nero – Nero is the tyrannical authority at Prufrock Preparatory School. He will dole out a different punishment to a player every night. Umm... I'll not assist the evil creativity here.

Carmelita Spats – Carmelita is a spoiled, obnoxious rich kid. Her wealth allows her to buy a player off every night. If that person attempts to target Carmelita, it will fail on the first attempt.

Sir – Sir is the co-owner of the Lucky Smells Lumbermill and a ruthless businessman. Every night Sir can redirect a player's power.

INDEPENDENT (4)

THE VILLAGE OF FOWL DEVOTEES (2) – The Village of Fowl Devotees are a reclusive, authoritarian society with a strict code of laws. However, they are not actively malicious. They will win by surviving to the end. Each night the VFD has a block and a protect to use between them.

Mrs. Morrow

Mr. Lesko

Olivia Caliban – Olivia just wants to make everyone happy, but she can't please everyone. She can use her crystal ball to role check a player every night, and on Night 5 she must choose a team to align with.

Ishmael – Ishmael is the leader of a peaceful island community. Every night he will attempt to recruit a player. He will have a 50% chance of bringing them into his fold. Ishmael's team will win if they outnumber the other living players at any point. He will also survive the first NK and lynch attempt on his life. Another possible foil for catching Esme Squalor. Do we want Ishmael dead? If Ishmael's team wins, does everyone else lose and the game ends? Or do they just achieve their win condition and we keep going? Ishmael's team will have achieved their condition, but the game will continue and any future members of the cult also gain the win. The game only ends when the civvies or either baddie team meets their objective.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Thanks, D!
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yeah @ the lie detector ruling. That's more fun than usual.

Boo @ the non threatening cult ruling. Cults should be super threatening, imo. More fun that way.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Derp.
Was he discussing it in B T S C???????????????
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Derp.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Yeah @ the lie detector ruling. That's more fun than usual.
Tell me about the usual where you come from! :)
Boo @ the non threatening cult ruling. Cults should be super threatening, imo. More fun that way.
I could get on board with that.
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Derp.
Dun dun dunnnnnn.....
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I also have to pick a direction. I'm not Jesus, so East.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Well that was a wonderful catch-up read.

What I take away from it:

Nothing I personally can use at any point once the game starts.

But I was ever so "glad" to see zebra making text walls for me to read :D

But uh yeah, aside from that, there's enough opinions in the pot about joke posts in a pregame setting to flavor my stew very nicely. It smells like flesh beef for all you cannibals players interested ;)
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sprityo wrote:Well that was a wonderful catch-up read.

What I take away from it:

Nothing I personally can use at any point once the game starts.

But I was ever so "glad" to see zebra making text walls for me to read :D

But uh yeah, aside from that, there's enough opinions in the pot about joke posts in a pregame setting to flavor my stew very nicely. It smells like flesh beef for all you cannibals players interested ;)
I don't care what you can personally use.

You read it. What are your opinions on what you read?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Currently: nada
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 128

Post by insertnamehere »

sprityo wrote:Currently: nada
I concur with spirityo's findings.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Derp.
lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 36

Post by DrWilgy »

Haven't read, checking in, I'm a doctor, let the games begin.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Glorfindel »

a2thezebra wrote:I'll be defending Glorfindel too unless I catch him unwilling to lie about something. :p
I'm sorry, my dear friend... I'm probably a little slow at the moment (in the frantic lead up to the holiday season) but could you please explain for me what you meant by your remark above? I assure you that I've taken no offence at it and I trust you will take none for me asking - I just want to be certain I understood what you meant :bighug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@LC

On HCRealms, you are allowed to make statements specifically for a lie detector.

There's really no getting around it. There's all sorts of reasons a cop could be wrong but lie detectors are generally bulletproof, putting a scum player in an impossible situation.

I prefer this "no 'I am town plz lie detect'" rule.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@LC

On HCRealms, you are allowed to make statements specifically for a lie detector.

There's really no getting around it. There's all sorts of reasons a cop could be wrong but lie detectors are generally bulletproof, putting a scum player in an impossible situation.

Well, even if not all our norms are totally palatable to you, feel free to take this one back with you. :nicenod: It was developed out of necessity, to avoid, as you say, those impossible situations. I have a role in my next game that can detect lies once per phase, but the PM has to be sent in within half an hour of the post that is to be checked. Adds a little more challenge and finesse to a very powerful role.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@LC

I just refuse to make any such statements as a matter of principle. :grin:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Many of us do the same. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 235

Post by sig »

Voting east it has Philadelphia and me, so its the best part of the country. (Just ignore that we also have DC and NYC on the east coast) ;P

Long Con wrote:Ok then, maybe some role analysis will be fun!

Ishmael – Ishmael is the leader of a peaceful island community. Every night he will attempt to recruit a player. He will have a 50% chance of bringing them into his fold. Ishmael's team will win if they outnumber the other living players at any point. He will also survive the first NK and lynch attempt on his life. Another possible foil for catching Esme Squalor. Do we want Ishmael dead? If Ishmael's team wins, does everyone else lose and the game ends? Or do they just achieve their win condition and we keep going?
I agree on the Violet role, it looks like it has potential if used properly.
I think Klaus looking at a high powered civ and a high powered baddie would be beneficial. At the very least investigate Olaf, since he can't be cop checked. So it will give the civs an edge.
Ishmael is dangerous we want him gone, he is basically a cult leader who can steal players from the civs, I assume it will only work on civvies and not mafia members, like most roles that can recruit. I'd say the bottom line is he needs enough civs dead or converted to win, so he won't be trying to help anyone win but himself or might even align with the mafia.
ImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Klaus role seems insanely broken but I don't see why he would do anything except investigate two baddies.

Return to “Previous Jobs”