26%

Total votes: 19
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Beach

Post by Akemi Homura »

S~V~S wrote:Might I suggest that if anything in here strikes us enough to recall, that we PM it to ourselves lol.
This is a good idea. I was wondering earlier if it would be legal for us to screenshot these pages for reference later on.

Hey hosts, would it be legal to screenshot this thread?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Oh Golden voted for me! And I can't ask him why gosh darn it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

GTH results:

Bea was a unanimous baddie. Our other top targets were Boomslang, John Coltrane, and Scotty, suggesting that we're mostly skeptical of the quiet folks, and also Scotty. Soneji and SVS were, surprisingly, unanimous Good reads along with yours truly and Golden.

Made had the fewest total bad reads, followed by Juliets, and the rest of us all had more. This metric is a bit wonky in this particular exercise given that the player list is randomized and there's no way of knowing what our ratio of bad:good is in this grouping. We all seem to agree that there are multiple suspects present, at least.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:Oh Golden voted for me! And I can't ask him why gosh darn it.
He moved it to John.

Shall we keep a running commentary? :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm going to keep my vote where it is for the time being but mentally I have one foot on Booms and one foot on bea. What bea says will make my decision for me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden has voted for Boomslang.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

A version of the GTH chart that doesn't get cut off:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Prisoner, I gave Donna a GTH read of Bad. I don't think thats reflected on your chart unless I'm reading it wrong.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

juliets wrote:Prisoner, I gave Donna a GTH read of Bad. I don't think thats reflected on your chart unless I'm reading it wrong.
I missed this. That puts Donna at 2/4 bad reads, and gives you 4 baddies named. So everyone named 4 baddies except for Made, who named 2.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

The working theory in these GTH exercises is that baddies tend to name more good/civ reads, perhaps because they are nervous about calling out players who they know are town. This makes me look at Made more questioningly.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Made wrote:
Prisoner 27385 wrote:My sources and you simply have not been acquainted yet.
Who are your top suspects, whether they're at the beach or not?
I'm gonna piggy back on this: As a fun thought experiment, who do you think is going to be lynched in Hatch? Not who would you lynch, but who do you think would be?

In case you forgot:
DharmaHelper (1), Black Rock (3), Quin (8), Long Con (13), timmer (14), DrWilgy (16), sig (22), Professor Farnsworth (23), Sorsha (24), TheFloyd73 (26), LoRab (27) 39%

Personally I'd guess Sig but would deffo put LoRab in there as a toss up.
This is probably the most questionable post we have in this thread. Props to SVS for saying something about it earlier. This thought experiment is mostly irrelevant to what is going on in this thread.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I didn't realize that about GTH reads and baddies. Makes sense though. I think this is the first time I've ever done one (I haven't played many games recently).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Made wrote:Something of note: someone has used Hua Tuo's Journal as it returned to the store.
Something about this post seems out of the ordinary as well. It suggests that Made has been focused on what's going on with items and the game setup in general. I have not been. I won't fault a player for being attentive to these details, but I am noting it as curious that Made was so on top of this.

Another little detail that I am mildly pinged by is that Made has gone out of his way to invite questions in a few posts:
Made wrote:Replying as I go. Ask questions/prod me on stuff while i'm here please!
Made wrote:Ok, so I do not know SVS's meta but she's reading really lowkey to me. Like from the games i remember she's been very much at the forefront of baddie hunting and theory making and stuff and things, but day 1 and so far during beach day, she seems to be throwing ideas in thread with relatively isolated back and forth. I didn't look at her day 1 post ISO but she did have the same number of post as me during day 1 (31) which i felt i was personally lacking relative to my typical standard. Given it's probably has been like 2 years since I've played with her, I wanted to point this out.

anyhow still catching up ama. [Ask Me Anything]

Linki- nvm lol... I agree SVS, I'll actually place my vote on bea for now.
Sometimes a baddie will want to overcompensate by appearing to be super open and welcoming, as a way to suggest they are ready to provide lots of content without actually doing it.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Might I suggest that if anything in here strikes us enough to recall, that we PM it to ourselves lol.
This is a good idea. I was wondering earlier if it would be legal for us to screenshot these pages for reference later on.

Hey hosts, would it be legal to screenshot this thread?
No.

Please remember to ask questions of the hosts privately, gang.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Thundercat »

thellama73 wrote:Coltrane has given no one any reason to trust him. I don't have a specific ping about him like I do against Soneji, but he definitely has work to do if he wants to stick around. I'd say the same for Donna Meagle, who appears to not be trying at all.
i'm trying. :shrug:
S~V~S wrote:Now see, Donna Meagle is another one that was quiet and said not much then posted a few big posts during the night phase, but I don't recall anything specific she said.
i know i talked about sig.

juliets what makes me bad to you?

why do y'all think bea is bad?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Donna Meagle wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Coltrane has given no one any reason to trust him. I don't have a specific ping about him like I do against Soneji, but he definitely has work to do if he wants to stick around. I'd say the same for Donna Meagle, who appears to not be trying at all.
i'm trying. :shrug:
S~V~S wrote:Now see, Donna Meagle is another one that was quiet and said not much then posted a few big posts during the night phase, but I don't recall anything specific she said.
i know i talked about sig.

juliets what makes me bad to you?

why do y'all think bea is bad?
Donna, there is a post you made which I thought sounded disingenuous. Maybe it's just because I have not heard much from you. I will find it so you can respond.

Also, regarding bea, though she posted in the main thread and talked about people she found good, she was not critical of anyone. We've had quite a lot of behavior and suspicions so why wouldn't she find anyone suspicious enough to name. When she comes back to the thread maybe my suspicions will go away, it depends on what she has to say.

Ok, let me find that post.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

This is the post that sounded disingenuous to me. You haven't posted that much yet you say you don't remember the post in question. First you say you wrote something about him, then you say maybe it was a response to something he said. It just seemed to me you would remember better than this.

I realize it's just one post but it just gave me a bad feeling. My baddie read was not a strong baddie read but in GTH you have to pick a side.
Donna Meagle wrote:i wrote something about llama in the other thread it might have just been a response to something he said.

i think i agreed with him.

idk i'm peeved i can't go back and read the other thread.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:And Made; why do you think he is good, Mr. Prisoner?
less I think he's good, more i don't think he's bad. his game just seems civvie :/
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

juliets wrote:I'll try to give somewhat of a read on people here as kind of a starting point for our time together in this thread.

I feel good about Golden. He reminds me of a civ Golden, everywhere all the time posting his thoughts. I will say though I can't remember how a bad Golden acts so I don't know how good my read is. For our purposes here though I wouldn't vote for someone silenced so he's off the plate for me. (Why would a civ silence Golden? Makes me think the silencing power is a baddie).

Scotty - feeling good about Scotty and since I don't have his posts to go back to all I can do is say it's vibes. I did like his points about Quin, whether Quin is bad or not the points were insightful.

llama - I feel like I'm seeing the llama I saw in Felt, good llama. His early instincts were good there too which makes me pay attention to what he has to say about Soneji. He linked us to the baddie Mac game which showed Mac making the same kind of short choppy posts he was making in this game, thus solidifying my read. I won't be voting for llama unless something pretty radical happens here.

Metalmarsh - I was initially unsure about MM because he posted a lot at the beginning of the game that said nothing. I didn't consider him for a lynch because it seems like he often gets lynched early for this very thing. I feel like he has blossomed though starting with his posts about Mac's past games going through to when we split the thread.

S~V~S - I can't read S~V~S with a toot, she is too good at this for my meager powers. I haven't seen anything thats caused me any concern though. Her observation about Wilgy asking Golden about Monkey Island was right on point until we discovered the mafia had games on their role card at which point she conceded.

Prisoner - I wish I knew who Prisoner is to help me with my read. I haven't agreed with her on everything but that doesn't mean she is bad. She has been very involved and doesn't seem tentative about giving her opinion no matter whether they match the group or not. I tend to agree with llama who observed that Prisoner wouldn't have changed her opinion about Mac at the last minute if she were Mac's teammate. For now I have a positive reaction to Prisoner.

Made - Epi said he felt Made was working hard to not seem bad after having been bad in Felt. I don't know what he saw that led him to this conclusion (maybe if he's cheerleader he can tell us) though and just because Epi was good it doesn't mean Made is bad. I had an initial bad gut reaction when he wouldn't tell us the game he was from but I don't play in many closed games so maybe keeping what you know close to the vest is important. I wish S~V~S could remember more of why her feel for Made was bad. Right now he's a null read for me.

bea - only a few posts and aside from what S~V~S said the only thing I remember about bea is she was busy and is sick. Not much help here. Wish she had voted. Null read for me.

cheerleader - if this is really Epi's spirit, maybe he can put his two cents in to the discussion. I'm not sure how this entity worked in transistor but I'm probably going to go back to the game and see what I can glean. Given that it's not a person, if I have to default to someone because no one is striking me as particularly bad I could see voting for cheerleader. It really depends on how helpful s/he is.

Sonja, Boomslang, Coltrane - I'm lumping all of these guys together because I see them much the same way. Low posters, not offering much. I already talked about Booms and my observation that his posts so far don't seem engaged with the game compared to past games he's been in and I wasn't wild about his randomized vote on a day when there was plenty to look at and vote on. Soneji from my memory also has few posts and has that one post about meta being a crutch in the heat of the Mac lynch - not a good look. And Coltrane also hasn't participated much and was the last voter for Mac, potentially piling on as a teammate. I could vote for any of these three at the moment and may place a pressure vote on one of them today depending on how things go.

Hope I didn't forget anyone, if I did I'll catch them in a later post.
this one Juliets. Don't intend to vote here yet, but It just reads funny :/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Made wrote:
juliets wrote:I'll try to give somewhat of a read on people here as kind of a starting point for our time together in this thread.

I feel good about Golden. He reminds me of a civ Golden, everywhere all the time posting his thoughts. I will say though I can't remember how a bad Golden acts so I don't know how good my read is. For our purposes here though I wouldn't vote for someone silenced so he's off the plate for me. (Why would a civ silence Golden? Makes me think the silencing power is a baddie).

Scotty - feeling good about Scotty and since I don't have his posts to go back to all I can do is say it's vibes. I did like his points about Quin, whether Quin is bad or not the points were insightful.

llama - I feel like I'm seeing the llama I saw in Felt, good llama. His early instincts were good there too which makes me pay attention to what he has to say about Soneji. He linked us to the baddie Mac game which showed Mac making the same kind of short choppy posts he was making in this game, thus solidifying my read. I won't be voting for llama unless something pretty radical happens here.

Metalmarsh - I was initially unsure about MM because he posted a lot at the beginning of the game that said nothing. I didn't consider him for a lynch because it seems like he often gets lynched early for this very thing. I feel like he has blossomed though starting with his posts about Mac's past games going through to when we split the thread.

S~V~S - I can't read S~V~S with a toot, she is too good at this for my meager powers. I haven't seen anything thats caused me any concern though. Her observation about Wilgy asking Golden about Monkey Island was right on point until we discovered the mafia had games on their role card at which point she conceded.

Prisoner - I wish I knew who Prisoner is to help me with my read. I haven't agreed with her on everything but that doesn't mean she is bad. She has been very involved and doesn't seem tentative about giving her opinion no matter whether they match the group or not. I tend to agree with llama who observed that Prisoner wouldn't have changed her opinion about Mac at the last minute if she were Mac's teammate. For now I have a positive reaction to Prisoner.

Made - Epi said he felt Made was working hard to not seem bad after having been bad in Felt. I don't know what he saw that led him to this conclusion (maybe if he's cheerleader he can tell us) though and just because Epi was good it doesn't mean Made is bad. I had an initial bad gut reaction when he wouldn't tell us the game he was from but I don't play in many closed games so maybe keeping what you know close to the vest is important. I wish S~V~S could remember more of why her feel for Made was bad. Right now he's a null read for me.

bea - only a few posts and aside from what S~V~S said the only thing I remember about bea is she was busy and is sick. Not much help here. Wish she had voted. Null read for me.

cheerleader - if this is really Epi's spirit, maybe he can put his two cents in to the discussion. I'm not sure how this entity worked in transistor but I'm probably going to go back to the game and see what I can glean. Given that it's not a person, if I have to default to someone because no one is striking me as particularly bad I could see voting for cheerleader. It really depends on how helpful s/he is.

Sonja, Boomslang, Coltrane - I'm lumping all of these guys together because I see them much the same way. Low posters, not offering much. I already talked about Booms and my observation that his posts so far don't seem engaged with the game compared to past games he's been in and I wasn't wild about his randomized vote on a day when there was plenty to look at and vote on. Soneji from my memory also has few posts and has that one post about meta being a crutch in the heat of the Mac lynch - not a good look. And Coltrane also hasn't participated much and was the last voter for Mac, potentially piling on as a teammate. I could vote for any of these three at the moment and may place a pressure vote on one of them today depending on how things go.

Well, I don't really know what to say about this post. It's just my reads as of this morning of everyone in our beach side except Donna who we can't vote for. Was there something specific that struck you?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Echo »

Sorry, guys - this is a super busy week, with the promise of an even busier (and fun!) weekend. But gonna catch up a bit tonight (and hopefully make some comments) and more reading/posting/voting tomorrow.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Responses in pretty colors.
Prisoner 27385 wrote:
Made wrote:Something of note: someone has used Hua Tuo's Journal as it returned to the store.
Something about this post seems out of the ordinary as well. It suggests that Made has been focused on what's going on with items and the game setup in general. I have not been. I won't fault a player for being attentive to these details, but I am noting it as curious that Made was so on top of this.

Another little detail that I am mildly pinged by is that Made has gone out of his way to invite questions in a few posts:
Made wrote:Replying as I go. Ask questions/prod me on stuff while i'm here please!
Made wrote:Ok, so I do not know SVS's meta but she's reading really lowkey to me. Like from the games i remember she's been very much at the forefront of baddie hunting and theory making and stuff and things, but day 1 and so far during beach day, she seems to be throwing ideas in thread with relatively isolated back and forth. I didn't look at her day 1 post ISO but she did have the same number of post as me during day 1 (31) which i felt i was personally lacking relative to my typical standard. Given it's probably has been like 2 years since I've played with her, I wanted to point this out.

anyhow still catching up ama. [Ask Me Anything]

Sometimes a baddie will want to overcompensate by appearing to be super open and welcoming, as a way to suggest they are ready to provide lots of content without actually doing it.
I was between classes so I wanted to get as much out of my time playing as possible through discussion
Prisoner 27385 wrote:The working theory in these GTH exercises is that baddies tend to name more good/civ reads, perhaps because they are nervous about calling out players who they know are town. This makes me look at Made more questioningly.
I feel like there is a flaw in this logic. As a counter question, if there's four baddies in this group, and everyone feels like the other group is badder, then how many baddies are in that group, and how many baddies are there over all?
Now I don't really need/particularly want an answer to that last question, but I do want to point to this post i made a bit ago:
Made wrote:But yeah, re my last message, basically the entirety of my attention (for the most part anyways) was focused on the people in the other group. Like even ones that hadn't gotten heat yet, like Sorsha I kind wanted to discuss today. Needless to say, the beach has definitely thrown me off balance. The only people even on my radar N1 here were SVS and Soneji.
But enough whining, we're here. Let's get a baddie out of it.

Linki-GTH?
It's not that I don't think people are bad, it's just the people I think are bad aren't here.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

juliets wrote:
Made wrote:

Well, I don't really know what to say about this post. It's just my reads as of this morning of everyone in our beach side except Donna who we can't vote for. Was there something specific that struck you?
Highlighted things that read funny in pretty colors.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Made wrote:
less I think he's good, more i don't think he's bad. his game just seems civvie :/
Also Wait, did you want me to read priz or MM?
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:
Scotty wrote:Remind me again what John coltrane has done in this game?
Spent a lot of time justifying a vote at the very end of the Macdougall bandwagon.
Wow. Really? Very nice of you to say :suspish:

I don't appreciate this assessment of my contributions. Although I haven't posted much, I've done more than this. I certainly did post more info/opinion than that, and more suspicions along with my Mac vote.

Back to my reading, with more to say as I go along.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Made wrote:
juliets wrote:
Made wrote:

Highlighted things that read funny in pretty colors.
I looked at the things you highlighted and they all seem like normal observations to me. I'll take another look in the morning and maybe I'll be able to see what you're talking about.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Scotty wrote:I remember now! Boom posted something like, "I randomed LC so I voted him day 1 lol"
John coltrane, as you said, was a useless late vote for Mac. Could be a lazy bus. I could vote for either
Either of these would be a lazy vote :suspish:
juliets wrote:Sonja, Boomslang, Coltrane - I'm lumping all of these guys together because I see them much the same way. Low posters, not offering much. I already talked about Booms and my observation that his posts so far don't seem engaged with the game compared to past games he's been in and I wasn't wild about his randomized vote on a day when there was plenty to look at and vote on. Soneji from my memory also has few posts and has that one post about meta being a crutch in the heat of the Mac lynch - not a good look. And Coltrane also hasn't participated much and was the last voter for Mac, potentially piling on as a teammate. I could vote for any of these three at the moment and may place a pressure vote on one of them today depending on how things go.
This is a trend I'm seeing in my read (aside from SVS), and I'm only on the second page. Y'all, just because you can't remember what someone (namely, me) said in the last thread, doesn't mean they didn't make a post, or substantial contributions in the last thread. Low posting does not equal no contribution.

I may just be irritated now in general (it's been a long day), and may have to take a break earlier than I thought so I don't express that too much in the thread.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Thing is, I'm 99% confident I know who John Coltrane is, and he's been lynched recently for this exact kind of behavior, only to flip civilian.

I don't intend to defend him, I just wanted to say that.
Hmmm, I'd like to see if you are right :ponder: :p

Yeah, gonna take a break. Apologies.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

John, it would be helpful to me if you would just remind me of what things you said in the main thread. You're right that low contribution doesn't mean no contribution it's just that nothing stands out to me. So maybe just a short synopsis of what your suspicions or thoughts were would be helpful. Thanks.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Dry Flood »

NOTE:

We've received a couple questions regarding screenshots and saved quotes from this thread for later use. It is illegal to do either of these things. There may be no screenshots, and you may not save quotes from these threads to be re-posted in later cycles. If you have any further questions, please let us know privately. Thank you.
Golden
Marmot
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

This game will be incredibly difficult without being able to rely long-term on thread evidence. It's like mafia with a fog-of-war.

But we do have info-dumping, and let's not forget it. I'm not saying we should all roleclaim or whatever, just saying that we have other tools at our disposal.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

There was a time when I thought Donna Meagle was Mongoose. That time has passed (thanks for posting in another thread hun).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sorry I missed the GTH fun. Not gonna play right now. Goin to bed after a long night of singing.
Made wrote:
Prisoner 27385 wrote:
Made wrote:
I'm gonna piggy back on this: As a fun thought experiment, who do you think is going to be lynched in Hatch? Not who would you lynch, but who do you think would be?

In case you forgot:
DharmaHelper (1), Black Rock (3), Quin (8), Long Con (13), timmer (14), DrWilgy (16), sig (22), Professor Farnsworth (23), Sorsha (24), TheFloyd73 (26), LoRab (27) 39%

Who do you think is going to be lynched at the beach?
I feel like our group is more of a crap shoot of who comes up with a theory that sticks. I could see me, I could see you, but i feel like scotty is most vulnerable atm.
Made wrote:iunno call it gut I guess. I just feel he's susceptible to vote atm.
Whatever happened to this dingleberry of a comment?

I see you GTH read me as good. That's swell, Made. I didn't realize I was off your radar. I'm still trying to decipher what you meant by your comment of me being "vulnerable" and "susceptible to vote". Like, is that even a suspicion? If it isn't, then why even mention it?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

John Coltrane wrote:
Scotty wrote:I remember now! Boom posted something like, "I randomed LC so I voted him day 1 lol"
John coltrane, as you said, was a useless late vote for Mac. Could be a lazy bus. I could vote for either
Either of these would be a lazy vote :suspish:
juliets wrote:Sonja, Boomslang, Coltrane - I'm lumping all of these guys together because I see them much the same way. Low posters, not offering much. I already talked about Booms and my observation that his posts so far don't seem engaged with the game compared to past games he's been in and I wasn't wild about his randomized vote on a day when there was plenty to look at and vote on. Soneji from my memory also has few posts and has that one post about meta being a crutch in the heat of the Mac lynch - not a good look. And Coltrane also hasn't participated much and was the last voter for Mac, potentially piling on as a teammate. I could vote for any of these three at the moment and may place a pressure vote on one of them today depending on how things go.
This is a trend I'm seeing in my read (aside from SVS), and I'm only on the second page. Y'all, just because you can't remember what someone (namely, me) said in the last thread, doesn't mean they didn't make a post, or substantial contributions in the last thread. Low posting does not equal no contribution.

I may just be irritated now in general (it's been a long day), and may have to take a break earlier than I thought so I don't express that too much in the thread.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Thing is, I'm 99% confident I know who John Coltrane is, and he's been lynched recently for this exact kind of behavior, only to flip civilian.

I don't intend to defend him, I just wanted to say that.
Hmmm, I'd like to see if you are right :ponder: :p

Yeah, gonna take a break. Apologies.
I know who you are now!

Your sensitivity to calling out low posters gave you away. :meany:

To be fair, we wouldn't be having this conversation if the other thread was still referenceable. I again believe a lot can be said in limited posting capacity, and I'm not accusing you of not doing so. Since it was so limited, however, I can't for the life of me remember what you said. Them's the breaks, and why I suspected you. But thank you for coming in to defend yourself.

Not as much can be said for Boomslang
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 57

Post by S~V~S »

Made wrote:
Made wrote:
Also Wait, did you want me to read priz or MM?
I was talking to Prisoner about you. I was asking why he put you in his good group iirc.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:This game will be incredibly difficult without being able to rely long-term on thread evidence. It's like mafia with a fog-of-war.

But we do have info-dumping, and let's not forget it. I'm not saying we should all roleclaim or whatever, just saying that we have other tools at our disposal.
Fog-of-war! That's the perfect term for it. Now I want to play Advance Wars and blow some tanks up. :mafia:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Well, Donna never replied to my observation about her quote and John never replied to my request that he summarize his suspicions/thoughts from the main thread. I'm batting a 0. Meanwhile though, to borrow from S~V~S, Donna you're not a girl are you?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ben Linus »

Gimme an M!
Gimme an A!
Gimme a D!
Gimme an E!

What does it spell? Made! Rah rah rah!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, I just called in "Blizzard" to work, so will be around today. I hope to hear from bea and boom before I make a final decision.

And yeah, without even trying I am gonna guess that none of Donna, Prisoner or Coltrane are female.

Hi Cheerleader. What can you tell us about the Process? I did not play the game you are from, but I tried to watch it and I never really understood it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok Made, I'm going to try to address the comments of mine from my reads that you thought "sounded off". Just as an overall comment, I was typing my thoughts as they came to me so that's the way to read what I wrote. Here goes:

(Why would a civ silence Golden? Makes me think the silencing power is a baddie).
I said this in my comments about Golden and note this was a parenthetical meaning it was just an offhand thought. I thought Golden looked civ in the main thread so I was wondering why any civ would silence him. If you were civ would you want to silence one of the biggest civ sounding voices? Maybe the silencer is good and just disagrees with my assessment of Golden, or maybe someone bad has that power, don't know. Like I say, it was just a thought.

I did like his points about Quin, whether Quin is bad or not the points were insightful.
This was something I said about Scotty. I thought he did a good job of pointing out some things about Quin that I had not noticed. Maybe those things were evidence of Quin being bad or maybe not but the points showed me he was reading people closely. I feel similarly about the point S~V~S made about Wilgy - turned out the point was probably wrong as mafia Mac's role was from a game but it didn't make her point any less insightful in my view.

She has been very involved and doesn't seem tentative about giving her opinion no matter whether they match the group or not.
This was a comment I made about Prisoner. I think a lot of people when they are mafia tend to not want to rock the boat too much or talk too much. Prisoner has been involved at every turn and wasn't afraid to go against the grain pretty forcefully when we were discussing the Mac suspicion. This is one thing that leads me to believe she is civ.

I wish S~V~S could remember more of why her feel for Made was bad.
As I stated in my read, Epi stated a belief that you were bad Made, that you were working too hard to be seem good after your turn as a baddie in Felt. I'll never be able to ask Epi what made him think that. S~V~S had indicated she remembered feeling you were bad but didn't remember why. Since my read on you was null I was wishing that S~V~S could remember why she thought you were bad since she is here and could provide me with an opinion that might move me off of a null read.

Wish she had voted.
I said this about bea. As we have discussed, bea didn't say much besides that she was sick and busy, and that she thought some people were good and some were getting a bad rap, one of them being you Made. If she had voted I'd at least have some idea of one person she thought was bad, so I wish she had taken the time to vote. It doesn't leave me with a good taste because I know in other games even though she's been at work she's taken time out to vote on her phone.

Those are the statements you highlighted as being "off" Made, let me know if you have any questions.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Some of the things he said in the last thread, I would have to reread him there. After my thoughts on Wilgy were shown to be unlikely, I started rereading the thread to reposition my head a bit since most of my thoughts on most people were connected to Wilgy. He struck me as flail-ish for lack of a better word. But otherwise, I don't recall specifics. If we get the other thread back, remind me, k, Jules?

In this thread I really hate how he tried to turn discussion to the other thread right off the bat. He seemed to be trying to turn the Prisoners question into a discussion of the other thread. He said he was piggybacking, but it seemed more like trying to totally change the subject:
Made wrote:

In case you forgot:

Then later this bugged the crap out of me:

anyhow still catching up ama.

And I am not sure I bought his explanation. "Similar count" =/= "31". That sounds super specific.
Made wrote:
S~V~S wrote: How do we access Day One post count?

Also I have been on break for months and am still somewhat ambivalent about Mafia, lol. so there is that re post count.
I don't, I just checked it right after the lynch and noticed we had similar count with a giant drop off after us and Dh/Priz already at like 100 each
Then Metalmarsh, who also seemed to want to discuss the other thread more than this one, chimed in to defend Mades memory:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Since my vote is on Metalmarsh, I plan to ask his opinion on pretty much everything :D

Marmot, are you totally impressed by Mades memory?
For context I'm a math major. Numbers are fun and stuff. Sadly, I do not remember how many post MM had, but pretty sure it was above both of us....maybe next to Llamas? don't quote me on that one tho. Pretty sure Quin was above me. And the list was alphabetical for ties so I listed me over you even tho we had the same post number :noble:
I was in the upper echelon. Probably around 60-70, and easily top 10, maybe top 5.

But yes SVS, Made's memory is pretty amazing. :slick:

I'm also a Math major Made. Good stuff! And I'm nearly finished!
So my vote is currently on MM. I want to hear more from Bea & Boom (sounds like a trendy hipster brand name for maybe soaps or lotions, lol) but for now my vote is totally OK where it is.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop,

I also want to do a hard reread of Epi if we get the other thread back. I found him to be an unexpected kill since it would have been fairly easy to drum suspicion on him. When I made the post I made about how he should not be ruled out as bussing Mac, it was becasue I was having a hard time doing that myself. I could totally see Mac coming into his chat (especially if there is only one big bad team, it's easier to bus someone) saying he could not play, and to go for the cred. It is something I was able to see him and Epi pulling off. More than one person agreed with me iirc, even though they, like me, were reading Epi as civ. Were I on that team, I might have said, let's let SVS drum up suspish on Epi, lynch him, then lynch her for lynching him.

So my thought is that Epi must have had one or more of Macs teammates in his sights which would be why they killed him. So I want to read back on him.

Does anyone remember his post Mac suspects?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 39

Post by thellama73 »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:Llama: what, if anything, can you tell me about Donna's interactions with Macdougall?
I don't really remember. I think it was minimal, towards the end of the day. I don't remember her being on my "no interactions" list.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yeah I wasn't wild about either Made or Metlamarsh wanting to look at the other thread. I asked MM why he asked us about that but I don't remember him answering. I'll go back and look in case I missed it.

I don't remember Epi's comments after the Mac discussion but you bring up a good point that more than one person agreed that Epi was a potential bussed. If I remember correctly the feeling was "always watch out for Epi".

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Because you guys are following Golden's vote around, you being the primary one.

Question to everyone on the beach: who would you lynch if everyone was on the poll and not just the Sand-Surfers?
I'd probably still go with Sig, but I'm increasingly comfortable with my vote for Soneji.
Does it make a difference to you that Soneji voted for sig on Day 1?

Linki: I'll read you later.
It's something I've considered. It could be read a couple of different ways. Until I know the alignment of at least one of them for sure, though, there's a limit to the analysis I can do on that.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

That should say "busser" not "bussed". My computer doesn't like my made up words.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I don't see an answer to my question so MM if you come in could you explain why you wanted us to talk about people in the other thread? While I'm at it, Made why did you want to talk about the others?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I see people were doing GTH reads, and I don't want to be left out.

bea - BAD. Has she contributed anything yet?
Boomslang - GOOD
Cheerleader - BAD
Donna Meagle - BAD
Golden - GOOD
John Coltrane - BAD
juliets - GOOD
Made - GOOD
Metalmarsh - GOOD
thellama73 - SUPATOWN
Scotty - GOOD
Soneji - BAD
SVS - ALWAYS GOOD UNTIL DAY 3

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Gahhh! Booms was here but didn't defend himself or add anything to the discussion. I don't know how to read that. If he was bad wouldn't he have said something?

Llama same question I had for MM last night - can you talk about the cheerleader? I didn't play that game so I have no idea how to rate him/her.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:I see people were doing GTH reads, and I don't want to be left out.

bea - BAD. Has she contributed anything yet?
Boomslang - GOOD
Cheerleader - BAD
Donna Meagle - BAD
Golden - GOOD
John Coltrane - BAD
juliets - GOOD
Made - GOOD
Metalmarsh - GOOD
thellama73 - SUPATOWN
Scotty - GOOD
Soneji - BAD
SVS - ALWAYS GOOD UNTIL DAY 3
So if I die before Day 3 does that mean you killed me?

And I just realized when reading back that I *asked* MM what he thought about Mades saying I had 31 posts, he didn't just volunteer that info. So clarifying that.

Linki @Jules, hrm.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote: So if I die before Day 3 does that mean you killed me?
I have no power to kill you, nor would I wish to even if I had such a power.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”