7%

Total votes: 15
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 146

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 1 - And Into the Fire

Post by Silver Lantern »

Is there a way to multiquote?
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

Silver Lantern wrote:Is there a way to multiquote?
Not easily, but when you're on the reply screen, the last 50 posts or so will be below the box you type into, and you can use that to multiquote any of those.

Alternatively, use tabs and cut and paste (that's what I usually end up doing).
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 83

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:INH:

What do you suspect may have been the nefarious motivations for three people (now four) all claiming to have the map? In particular, what worries you about Golden's flip-flop in that discussion?
I feel like the reason is patently obvious: to control the conversation and influence where people go. I don't think it's too big of a leap to think that the mafia has info about certain destinations leading to certain effects. I could see at the very least one scummeister fake-claiming just to gain credibility.

3 out of the 4 top posters have claimed to have special info, and we know only one is telling the truth. That's enough to make me start to sweat a little about some possible misleading.

As far as Golden's flippity-floppity is concerned, if he was being honest about the chain of events, I would have done the same thing. It's just not something I'm prepared to take at face value right off the bat, when he could be lying, once again, for credibility or because someone in BTSC advised him to change up his story.

I'm not calling it a slip-up, but it is as Golden said, a series of unfortunate events. I'm just open to the possibility of it being a fictional one.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

insertnamehere wrote:I'm not calling it a slip-up, but it is as Golden said, a series of unfortunate events. I'm just open to the possibility of it being a fictional one.

I'm going to have to ask you to cease and desist using that trademarked name!

Golden said "an unfortunate series of events". :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:I'm not calling it a slip-up, but it is as Golden said, a series of unfortunate events. I'm just open to the possibility of it being a fictional one.
I think you have a tendency to suspect me, but here is a golden rule you can trust me to live by.

Even when bad, I lie very very rarely. I don't create fictional stories. I heavily discourage teammates from doing it as well. Why? Because all it can do is lead to you getting caught in the lie. It's just a really poor strategy. There's a reason my baddie game is relatively successful, and it's because I leave as few threads to tug on as I possibly can.

Lies are reserved for things that can create a significant game advantage (and even then, you need to feel like its a safe lie), or for fake reads.

Having said that, I do see the advantage in lying to protect others from nks, as a civilian.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I have no problem with people lying in order to protect the person with the actual map.

The part I have a problem with is fake-claimers taking votes away from the person with the REAL map, causing us to go places we don't want to go.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MM, Golden, and 3J all want us to go to a different destination.

Only one of them will benefit the civilians (assuming whoever has the map is a civilian).

That's a problem.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:I have no problem with people lying in order to protect the person with the actual map.

The part I have a problem with is fake-claimers taking votes away from the person with the REAL map, causing us to go places we don't want to go.
I can appreciate that. I pledge not to use my position (whether or not I am the honest holder) to direct, but to inform.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I understand now, INH. I think that'll sort itself out well enough as players determine who they trust, because even in a world where only one person made this claim there'd be no objective reason to trust them -- their possession of the map and their alignment aren't necessary agreeable.

I have the map. Those who believe that I have the civilians' best interests at heart can follow my lead. Those that don't should say so and we can talk about that. Otherwise, we forge on.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think Golden's intentions seem honest in this dynamic and I have no issue with him. Marmot's claim came first, and I appreciate the expedience of his cover. So my early attentions are largely to be directed elsewhere.

Scotty's reception of my poo fling was rather smarmy. That isn't ideal.

Dyslexicon's reception of my poo fling was to return fire. In terms of personality that's actually closer to what was seen in the scrimmage.

I am already getting the impression that there are some nigh-silent baddies happening in here.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:MM, Golden, and 3J all want us to go to a different destination.

Only one of them will benefit the civilians (assuming whoever has the map is a civilian).

That's a problem.
I don't see any reason to presume that particular options will benefit a particular faction at this stage.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

insertnamehere wrote:MM, Golden, and 3J all want us to go to a different destination.

That's a problem.
I think you're inventing a problem where there isn't likely to be one, and you're suspecting people for it. This seems like a false way to have an opinion.

[VOTE: ] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 104
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I trust JJJ the most, so I'm voting for northeast.

I think this dispute with INH is kind of silly and might just be people talking past each other -- I think he's saying completely reasonable things, and everyone else is also saying reasonable things, just from different standpoints. I don't read anything suspicious here. :shrug:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

You get a vote! You get a vote! Everyone gets a vote!

VOTALS:

Scotty (1): JJJ
Fredwood (1): DrWilgy
Strawhenge (1): MM
Silver Lantern (1): Soneji
JJJ (1): Dyslexicon
INH (1): Long Con

With 21 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch, and 6 to soft lynch. Day 1 will end on 14th February, 2017 at 10pm EST, or in approx. 54 hours.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Silver Lantern wrote:I am expecting the mafia will not vote as a block, at least not early.

That brings to mind, are the poll results stored anywhere or do I need to do a screenshot to retain that info?
I'll be making another thread for the end polls of each day once today ends

"today" meaning Day 1*
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Long Con wrote:

That's a problem.
I think you're inventing a problem where there isn't likely to be one, and you're suspecting people for it. This seems like a false way to have an opinion.

[VOTE: ] aubergine
[VOTE:
Would you care to be specific in your complete discrediting of my posts, or do you expect to just say "nuh-uh," throw a vote my way and hope someone else bites?]
aubergine
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote:I trust JJJ the most, so I'm voting for northeast.

I think this dispute with INH is kind of silly and might just be people talking past each other -- I think he's saying completely reasonable things, and everyone else is also saying reasonable things, just from different standpoints. I don't read anything suspicious here. :shrug:
I don't see it as anything other than normal inh either. I didn't feel like we were talking past each other, it felt like a conversation where we traded perspectives.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:

That's a problem.
I don't see any reason to presume that particular options will benefit a particular faction at this stage.
I don't see any reason to presume that the direction poll is completely irrelevant and cannot benefit either the civilians or the baddies.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Yes, 3J is a great civilian. In general.

What makes you think he's civilian in this specific game? What makes you think Golden and MM are less clearly civilian?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:
Golden wrote:

That's a problem.
I don't see any reason to presume that the direction poll is completely irrelevant and cannot benefit either the civilians or the baddies.
I agree. But it did read as though you made a presumption. At the moment, I think we should consider all options as open.

I also think that it's very difficult to know, or do anything, about a 'mafia-favouring' option at this early stage. But, it could become helpful information in hindsight later.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Hey, guys. Little one deleted the email ap on my phone and I didn't notice. Catching up.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

insertnamehere wrote:
Yes, 3J is a great civilian. In general.

What makes you think he's civilian in this specific game? What makes you think Golden and MM are less clearly civilian?
Nothing really concrete as of yet. Just my inclination. I've found his posts to ring particularly true/genuine/well-intentioned, and I also think that he is probably the true map owner but I wasn't about to come out and say that... :ninja: That's not to say I don't also think Golden and MM are probably also civ, especially with their efforts to mask the map mystery, I think they are both likely well-intentioned as well. As I said earlier, I'm just a little more wary of being fooled by Golden than by JJJ (in that I think it's happened before but my memory for mafia games is terrible so idk my reasoning could be flawed), and MM is always sort of an enigma to me. I could be misguided, but I'm getting a really good vibe from Jay as of now that at least slightly outweighs the good vibes I'm also getting from several others.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've never fooled anyone. I've never been bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I've never fooled anyone. I've never been bad.
One of those statements is true :p
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I've never fooled anyone. I've never been bad.
One of those statements is true :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Oh hey, I'm here. Catching up.

(I didn't get on last night because I was seeing John Wick, Ch.2, and it was baller.)
Literally just some fucking guy.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote:

That's a problem.

*lynch vote for INH*
On the contrary, I think it's pretty good D1 play. I support it. I also support flinging votes that cause discussion, suspicion, and pressure. I do not support shutting down lines of questioning that result in discussion, suspicion, and pressure. Which is what it seemed like you did.

Support Long Con for Lynchee
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I just realized that someone is going to get lynched on Valentine's Day. Romance is in the air. :daisy:
I wouldn't have that asinine daylong exercise of human emotion any other way.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Thought so far: the debate between Quin and Jay over the Sorsha thing feels pretty weird. I'm wondering why, so early in the game, Quin doesn't just respond to Jay's question to Sorsha ('Do you really think all the women are town?') by saying, 'I think the question was fluff.'

I don't know what that could indicate at the moment, nor does it get my hackles up wert Quin or Jay. It just stood out as, very likely, an argument made of nothing. I've seen numerous similar conversations occur between townies in the past.

I'm literally just typing words right now because I feel guilty for my low post count and I better hit submit before this gets any worse.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I jsute rememberd Strawhenge is playing,

So for now, have my vote. Vote Strawhenge

I really owe you oen..
Ya li'l scamp. I mean, you're not wrong that you owe me a lynch vote or twenty.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

I'm curious why Dyslexicon felt it necessary to respond to my fairly nothing-posts with just, 'No.'
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hi Strawhenge. I thought you might like someone to break up your posts a little.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Source:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:Oh hey. Thus begins paranoia. I remember this feeling. :')
No.
Strawhenge wrote:Damn it, I didn't realize that the map votes are by pm.

So far we only have two non-self-nominations for getting the map. Golden for Jay, speedchuck for Quin, and I'm already wary of both of them. But this is Day 0; I'm wary of everything.

My kneejerk is to say that Jay should have the map, because if he's town, I trust him to make good use of it. But that's kneejerk.

I can honestly say that I will likely only be able to get on once a day this weekend, so I shouldn't get the map. Not if I infer correctly that having it would require me to be on more than possible. (Again, that's only for this weekend, I'll be on more after that.)
No.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Golden wrote:Hi Strawhenge. I thought you might like someone to break up your posts a little.
Man, I appreciate it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bad Guys R In Here:

Quin
Long Con
JOH
DrWilgy
Sorsha
speedchuck
Scotty
Elohcin
DFaraday
Dyslexicon
Nachomamma

Yeah it's a huge list. Don't care.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Dyslexicon »

We have five scum to catch, and I only have three scum reads so far. Who hasn't posted yet? Let's kill them first. \o/
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

Dyslexicon wrote:We have five scum to catch, and I only have three scum reads so far. Who hasn't posted yet? Let's kill them first. \o/
:suspish: I don't read this anywhere.

Vote Dyslexicon
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Quin wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:We have five scum to catch, and I only have three scum reads so far. Who hasn't posted yet? Let's kill them first. \o/

Vote Dyslexicon
Where the hell is the sirengif button. Someone add a sirengif button.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Again, Dyslexicon, I'd love a reason why you responded, 'No.' to some of my posts.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:

Vote Dyslexicon
I'm going to read through the original post again, but if you're right this is a great catch. This is what a real slip looks like.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:

Vote Dyslexicon
I'm going to read through the original post again, but if you're right this is a great catch. This is what a real slip looks like.
Just Ctrl+F'd for 'five' and '5' and nothing came up.

Also I found my sirengif. I sirenGIFT it to you all for liberal usage.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Strawhenge wrote:
Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:

Vote Dyslexicon
Just Ctrl+F'd for 'five' and '5' and nothing came up.

Also I found my sirengif. I sirenGIFT it to you all for liberal usage.
There's nothing about a ratio either.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll just wait patiently for the retort.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

I don't know if Syndicate indicates people as 'online' for a while after they log off, like on RYM, but Dyslexicon was 'browsing this forum' through to the start of pg.7, plus some minutes. FWIW.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Strawhenge wrote:I don't know if Syndicate indicates people as 'online' for a while after they log off, like on RYM, but Dyslexicon was 'browsing this forum' through to the start of pg.7, plus some minutes. FWIW.
I don't like to take stock in that stuff, because there's no telling what people might be doing on their computers or phones with various other tabs open.

If Dizzy already saw the accusation though, then the silence isn't ideal. There's a particular way civilians tend to respond to slip accusations and it isn't that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote:

Vote Dyslexicon
Heck

:clap:

Vote: Dyslexicon
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Good catch!

Now watch that just be an arbitrary number and there's actually 4. :meany:

Lynch: Dyslexicon
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Some of my family went fishing yesterday and came back empty handed. I guess I got the good genes.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:Some of my family went fishing yesterday and came back empty handed. I guess I got the good genes.
Keep this one for sockys 2017.

Also, I read through the OP and didn't get any reference to five baddies either. It's quite dense, though.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Request:

Regardless of your confidence level, please don't pile votes all over Dyslexicon and end Day 1 with a hammer vote. We have the advantage of an extension and I'd really prefer not to waste it. Whether he's mafia or not, his team's lives are made easier if this happens quickly.

No hammer vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”