Spectator Thread

Moderator: Community Team

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 178

Re: Spectator Thread

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know that's what it said, just didn't know if someone else was already sick somehow.
I am sorry, I misunderstood.

If someone else is sick, they have not said. I am just concerned since we apparently still can get sick. Killing off the doctor was a mistake. He was no danger to anyone, and the only benefit to his death was a second food source. We can fish for ourselves, but I don't believe we can cure ourselves.

It is my feeling that LoRab wants to control access to food via her alliance to you. She knows you will not turn on her becasue that is not really part of your character. In addition to maneuvering it so that you got your food production power by the elimination of Faraday, she came out of the gate after the night post swinging at Sorsha, the other source of food besides fishing ourselves. Without a doctor, and in control of the other food source, she would sort of have us all by the shorts.

Perhaps she even did think we could not get sick, but she was wrong and now we are all in potential danger.
RIP All girls alliance
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

My strategy for asking questions would have been to ask a seemingly hostile question about a persons strategy/gameplay to see if they could defend it effectively.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

SVS kicking up shit against LoRab might backfire

Edit:

PLEASE LET IT BACKFIRE COME ON GOLDEN/LORAB HAS NEGAN KING TAUGHT YOU NOTHING

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

"Lorab told me something in BTSC I'd rather not repeat"

*Repeats everything she was told in BTSC by a certain person*

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

This blow up is not a good look for SVS, unless it's somehow staged. LoRab's got experience not reacting well to being challenged (See: Mamana tribe)

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:This blow up is not a good look for SVS, unless it's somehow staged. LoRab's got experience not reacting well to being challenged (See: Mamana tribe)
Bold strategy to leak her own BTSC and prove she can't be trusted to keep that shit secret, lets see how that plays out.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 159
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I like SVS's move if Lorab really was trying to get DF out. I don't understand why anyone except Elo voted for the doctor- that seems short sighted.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I also am glad there is no bts. I think there should not be anymore bts in the game except for some special occasions. It forces them to discuss things as a group.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Delicious Drama in the main thread. Damn I wish I was still playing :(

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DH, if you knew Quin had the immunity idol why didn't you bring that up in the thread to talk about? It could have kept you from getting voted off.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:DH, if you knew Quin had the immunity idol why didn't you bring that up in the thread to talk about? It could have kept you from getting voted off.
Didn't really feel like it at the time :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:DH, if you knew Quin had the immunity idol why didn't you bring that up in the thread to talk about? It could have kept you from getting voted off.
Part of me felt like there was a chance he wouldn't play it, part of me just didn't care one way or the other. I had the fun I wanted to have. Would have been boring steamrolling everyone post-merge

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

What a perfect time for there to be no backroom dealings. Who will stand up to this pressure?

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Part of me felt like there was a chance he wouldn't play it, part of me just didn't care one way or the other. I had the fun I wanted to have. Would have been boring steamrolling everyone post-merge
Steamrolling? This group? I don't know about that.

Should be a good match between Quin and Opt Outside tonight. There's really not many people left playing. I hope nobody dies in the challenge.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Trust me I woulda run roughshod on the rest of these guys if I wanted to. Mamana would have been up 7-5, I would have had those Mamana wrapped around my finger. :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 157
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Fastest. Challenge. Ever.

Not at all how I predicted early on how that would go down
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The stage is now set for a big move. I'm hoping my OG Mamana amigos recognize the threat SV S poses, and SVS's spat with LoRab does her in.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Y'all ready for this?
With DF gone, Elo now feels safe to use her poisoning power. She has poisoned Golden and LoRab with no clear way of them getting better.

Golden and LoRab are talking about SVS being too volatile and seriously considering voting her out next.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:Y'all ready for this?
With DF gone, Elo now feels safe to use her poisoning power. She has poisoned Golden and LoRab with no clear way of them getting better.

Golden and LoRab are talking about SVS being too volatile and seriously considering voting her out next.
Scotty:
Do Lorab and Golden have bts? I thought there was no bts today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Cheeky.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:The stage is now set for a big move. I'm hoping my OG Mamana amigos recognize the threat SV S poses, and SVS's spat with LoRab does her in.
I would hate to see that but it is what it is.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:

Scotty:
Do Lorab and Golden have bts? I thought there was no bts today.
Yes. LoRab, Golden and Opt have BTSC together because they moved together in the night poll. SVS and Sorsha have BTsV because they explored together.

But there will be no BTSC tonight, even thought the people at the water well seem to be optimistic.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:The stage is now set for a big move. I'm hoping my OG Mamana amigos recognize the threat SV S poses, and SVS's spat with LoRab does her in.
I just don't see how anyone could let that spree of posts from SVS slide. LoRab was incredibly paranoid in my interactions with her. Any whiff of anyone going at her and she was on that shit like mad.

SVS is too good a player to keep in the game for too long, and this is just as good an excuse as any to convince people to get her out.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:
I just don't see how anyone could let that spree of posts from SVS slide. LoRab was incredibly paranoid in my interactions with her. Any whiff of anyone going at her and she was on that shit like mad.

SVS is too good a player to keep in the game for too long, and this is just as good an excuse as any to convince people to get her out.
It is what it is. I'm just surprised they don't go after Golden.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:

It is what it is. I'm just surprised they don't go after Golden.
:shrug2:

The biggest quandary of this game, IMO.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I never watch Survivor but it happened to be on just now and I watched their tribal council. Holy hell. I may have to continue to watch.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:I never watch Survivor but it happened to be on just now and I watched their tribal council. Holy hell. I may have to continue to watch.
The game right now are all heavy-hitting veterans of the game, so it's a good season to start in, though you might be in the dark with their play styles and reputations.

I'd recommend starting at the first episode though. It's only 3 episode in

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

This tribal is fire

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:This tribal is fire
Tribal by fire?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

This is currently the second most active Spectator Thread in Syndicate history.

Still 175 posts behind this one though, last year's GoC.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Critical error on LoRab's part to go after Sorsha and not defend better against SVS

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:Critical error on LoRab's part to go after Sorsha and not defend better against SVS
I'm not so sure she's going to vote for Sorsha.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

My money's on a LoRab vote now. RIP.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

So last night...
Quin discovered the location of the new buried idol, and went looking for it.
Golden copied Quin's power yesterday and also knew the location.
Opt moved LoRab to go search there secretly, but Quin ended up with the Idol.
Opt still has an idol in her possession that she secretly went to retrieve a couple days ago.

Now it just comes down to...will one or both of them play it tonight?
:shrug2:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Wait

Quin's power is he can find idols?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:Wait

Yes. And it seems everyone seems to know this fact from BTSC Daaaaaays ago, and yet don't seem to find that threatening :rolleyes:

On top of that, because Epi is dead, he can secretly select another option in the day poll.

People also are aware of that, and are seemingly willing to have a blind eye.

Hell, Golden found out Night 6 about the idol thing and shared with his alliance. And still, who do they vote out? speedchuck. I don't get it, man. That power can be gross. It's not like Quin is being too secretive about it either.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:

Yes. And it seems everyone seems to know this fact from BTSC Daaaaaays ago, and yet don't seem to find that threatening :rolleyes:

On top of that, because Epi is dead, he can secretly select another option in the day poll.

Hell, Golden found out Night 6 about the idol thing and shared with his alliance. And still, who do they vote out? speedchuck. I don't get it, man. That power can be gross. It's not like Quin is being too secretive about it either.
I want that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I want that.
It's a sweet role, to be sure.
He hasn't actually utilized it to its full, overblown extent, either. Hell, he keeps going to the locations instead of secretly doing so.
In other news,
Sorsha received an item exploring the other night with SVS, which is a glorified version of notsawyer's role. Let's see how that affects everything...

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty,
is there a cure for the poisoning that Elo is doing or will those people just die from losing whatever the lose (food/water/energy)?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Scotty,
is there a cure for the poisoning that Elo is doing or will those people just die from losing whatever the lose (food/water/energy)?
As of right now, I have no plans to, no.

The benefits and banes of keeping the doctor around and not knowing what to expect with challenge rewards.

This is, in part, mafia still.

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Ricochet »

Oh schnap.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:Scotty,
As of right now, I have no plans to, no.

The benefits and banes of keeping the doctor around and not knowing what to expect with challenge rewards.

This is, in part, mafia still.
I love it!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Well I hate that SVS got blindsided but she is taking it well. She knew she was taking a risk. Hard to believe Golden turned on her though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty, are you letting them go back to bts?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Scotty, are you letting them go back to bts?
Yes

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

UH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Power play!

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:UH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Power play!
Funny to hear Golden say that my blindside played a part in SVS's downfall. Golden repeatedly told me that we could trust SVS, and SVS turned her back on me the moment she got the chance to.

I wonder how differently things would have played out if she'd played along. I had no qualms about bringing her into the fold, and honestly LoRabs outbursts were weighing on me so if it came to it I would have/could have swapped LoRab for SVS. Though then again, if I were still in the thread after SVS's outburst that would have done her in IMO.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Opt told me she was getting nervous a few cycles ago with bringing Golden to the end, and is looking for a time to cut him loose without completing upending her game, should she lose immunity.

Getting pretty squirrely here at the end. I didn't bury another hidden immunity idol- the only one remaining
is the one in Quin's hands. He has until the final 5 tribal to use it. I think a good power play for Sorsha, Elo or Opt is to blindside him tonight, should he not win immunity, and then cut Golden loose either the day after or final 4.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

See that's why they need people like me. The Negan King schtick was designed to build up loyalty and community.

TBH I doubt Lorab/Opt/Golden will flip on each other. I could be wrong, but at this stage you have to look at things as hard numbers, and the hard numbers say ride it out with your crew.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have peeked in on the game sporadically and I still have no idea what's going on. :p

I've never watched the show though which might explain why.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Survivor Mafia”