Moderator: Community Team

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 159
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Spectator Thread

Post by juliets »

I'm predicting the tribe will eject sig or MP unless they show up in these last few hours and really play the game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 157
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:I'm predicting the tribe will eject sig or MP unless they show up in these last few hours and really play the game.
Perhaps so. The real game players would probably not mind eliminating other game threats, but who knows? I'm sure MP wouldn't mind, since he knows he shouldn't be playing anyway with his PhD. :meany:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:I'm predicting the tribe will eject sig or MP unless they show up in these last few hours and really play the game.
Perhaps so. The real game players would probably not mind eliminating other game threats, but who knows? I'm sure MP wouldn't mind, since he knows he shouldn't be playing anyway with his PhD. :meany:
I guess what I'm thinking is at this point in the game they would want to keep people that participate in the challenges because it improves their chance that they don't have to go to tribal council if their tribe wins. I don't watch the show though so don't understand all of the strategy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have no idea what's going on in this game. :p
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JJJ you should catch up. It was a wild day yesterday and tons of fun. I think this is a great game. Can't wait to see the next challenge.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Had a ton of people not submit for BTSC last night, but 5 pairs did link up.

Man, this hosting thing is a lot of work. My gf is none too pleased with the time sink, and I don't blame her.
juliets wrote:JJJ you should catch up. It was a wild day yesterday and tons of fun. I think this is a great game. Can't wait to see the next challenge.
Thanks Jules!
Next challenge is by far the easiest challenge- I got into a pickle in crafting the game where I felt like it was dragging on too long, so I added reward-only challenges so that both tribes have to start voting off stragglers. That way, the game ends in less than a month and doesn't outstay its welcome.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yeah Scotty I was a little worried yesterday when both threads had so many questions and activities going at the same time but you did a really great job at going back and forth between them. You can at least have a break to be with your gf during the night phases (except for setting up bts and counting votes - tonight's votes shouldn't be a problem though). I completely missed the instruction to them to ask for bts partners - did they have to stay within their tribe? I would imagine yes.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Yeah Scotty I was a little worried yesterday when both threads had so many questions and activities going at the same time but you did a really great job at going back and forth between them. You can at least have a break to be with your gf during the night phases (except for setting up bts and counting votes - tonight's votes shouldn't be a problem though). I completely missed the instruction to them to ask for bts partners - did they have to stay within their tribe? I would imagine yes.
The instruction was only in their role cards. I guess I didn't make that clear to anyone not in the game lol. But yeah- they can select up to 2 people every day and if players selected each other they gain BTSC.

As for challenges in general- that will not be par for the course. Most of these I made so they could say "[x]" and move on with their day. A little more carefree.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Haha Quin and SVS are making a tight alliance in their BTSC, and telling each other their roles. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite them. But that's the kind of thing I was hopin for ;)

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh nice! I'm a little surprised they requested each other but it's nice that they did.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis and Long Con have BTSC too. Boy have they been chatting it up!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I think it's nice that Golden wants to have btsc with one of the newbies.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

It's funny that the Mamana group isn't thinking about someone not participating being the one the other tribe votes out.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:It's funny that the Mamana group isn't thinking about someone not participating being the one the other tribe votes out.
Maybe they forgot dog was playing lol

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:It's funny that the Mamana group isn't thinking about someone not participating being the one the other tribe votes out.
Maybe they forgot dog was playing lol
lol nobody else will get this joke if they read back this far

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

So DH takes no responsibility for the puzzle. Interesting.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:So DH takes no responsibility for the puzzle. Interesting.
Why am I not surprised? :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Woosh. This is very time consuming.

I think I sent everything out.

I think.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I've played this game before with the rocks. DH's first instinct is right - the best way to play it is all yellow rocks if they are trying to maximize for both teams. I guess though that might not be the goal and like LC I think the original prisoners dilemma that I played had multiple rounds. And how funny DH thinks there is some power struggle going on in the other tribe. Still hasn't realized they are punishing inaction. Should be an interesting day. Scotty, maybe not as much work for you today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:I've played this game before with the rocks. DH's first instinct is right - the best way to play it is all yellow rocks if they are trying to maximize for both teams. I guess though that might not be the goal and like LC I think the original prisoners dilemma that I played had multiple rounds. And how funny DH thinks there is some power struggle going on in the other tribe. Still hasn't realized they are punishing inaction. Should be an interesting day. Scotty, maybe not as much work for you today.
:workit:

Most of my work in this game is fixing mistakes I made and clarifying my "confusing" instructions, so I could use an "off" challenge or two

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DH wrote:If we decide to go half and half, I know Long Con well enough to know he'll pick yellow so I'll do the same for him
:haha:

You know nothing, Jon Snow

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Boom was poisoned last night, and he's going to remain sick, losing more attributes than everyone else until he can get cured.

That's part of the mafia element in the game: some of these people's roles have malevolent powers. I'm surprised he hasn't come out yet with that piece of info. He could just be withholding it so he doesn't show weakness because he doesn't yet know someone specifically poisoned him.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Was it the other team where someone implied they were a doctor? I am also surprised Boom hasn't said anything as someone could be able to help him.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Was it the other team where someone implied they were a doctor? I am also surprised Boom hasn't said anything as someone could be able to help him.
DF claimed that he could help sickness.

Though he's on the opposite tribe as Boom :scared:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I wouldn't be surprised if DH poisoned him as he made that comment yesterday about Booms stepping up. Seemed like he regarded him as a weak link.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Things are about to get interesting!
Someone is about to get a hidden immunity idol unless they change their vote...
It almost seems like everyone is gearing up to change their votes to black rocks. We'll see if everyone gets on board.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

OOOh a hidden immunity idol. Too cool. Do they know they are going to get it if they vote a certain way?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:OOOh a hidden immunity idol. Too cool. Do they know they are going to get it if they vote a certain way?
One person knows specifically. Another is just going to get lucky.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

It's amazing to me that these guys are not reading directions carefully. Team Mamana seems to think a tie of all black rocks will result in a coin flip.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Too bad for Booms. He had the guts to stand up and ask the question about DH and the puzzle and now it's looking like he'll get the vote.

Scotty, do the people that have the immunity idol know that they have it yet?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Too bad for Booms. He had the guts to stand up and ask the question about DH and the puzzle and now it's looking like he'll get the vote.

Scotty, do the people that have the immunity idol know that they have it yet?
Yes! Both players know they have it and are keeping it close to their chest.

I feel bad for Boom, especially after his defense.

If I were him, I would mention the fact that he was poisoned Night 1. There are more factors to vote for besides low-posting and not following the "King of the Island"

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Is Wilgy silenced? I wouldn't think someone would have the power in this game but what do I know.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Is Wilgy silenced? I wouldn't think someone would have the power in this game but what do I know.
lol a player would literally hog-tie another player. That would be funny.

No. He isn't. He also didn't submit BTSC choices last night, much to the chagrin of a few people.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:Is Wilgy silenced? I wouldn't think someone would have the power in this game but what do I know.

No. He isn't. He also didn't submit BTSC choices last night, much to the chagrin of a few people.
Interesting. I saw his name looking at the thread but he didn't post. I wonder if he's pretending to be silenced so as not to get the vote.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Interesting. I saw his name looking at the thread but he didn't post. I wonder if he's pretending to be silenced so as not to get the vote.
Well apparently LoRab won't vote for him if he doesn't post, so that's convenient for him :meany:

All these BTSC chats are quite interesting. Several small groups forming, and breaking old alliances. No one on Atamai has BTSC right now, and there's 6 groups of BTSC on mamana.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Atamai didn't plan their bts out like the other group did - missed opportunity.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Atamai didn't plan their bts out like the other group did - missed opportunity.
Plus people like Epi, who willingly aren't pursuing it, where some people selected him as a partner. :shrug:

To each their own. I think that the more dangerous roles are on Mamana, and it looks like MP is making himself an easy vote today, so there's not too much to talk about over there

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Ricochet »

Sup.

What did I miss?

Besides everything.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:Sup.

What did I miss?

Besides everything.
You missed a wild first day that they were divided into teams. DH has declared himself the king of fuck mountain and demanded fealty from his subjects. They pretty much complied except Lorab said she was the queen and Boomslang doesn't seem too impressed. DH's team won immunity in the first challenge. The other team said S~V~S is their leader. They voted out sig on day 1 cause he didn't participate in anything. Yesterday they had a reward challenge and neither team won the fishing gear that was up for grabs. Today both teams have to vote someone out. DH's team is trying to decide between Boomslang and Wilgy and SVS's team is voting out MP cause he only signed up to help Scotty and really doesn't have time to play. That's the short and skinny of it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote: SVS's team is voting out MP cause he only signed up to help Scotty and really doesn't have time to play
That's no fun. Shouldn't vote offs be more tense than "we're voting the weakest link"?

When are they overthrowing DH?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
juliets wrote: SVS's team is voting out MP cause he only signed up to help Scotty and really doesn't have time to play
That's no fun. Shouldn't vote offs be more tense than "we're voting the weakest link"?

Well, MP kinda volunteered to go and they really didn't have anyone they wanted to get rid of. Whats funny is DH thinks maybe MP, Epi or SVS will go because they all have big personalities and that really has nothing to do with it.

They are having small group bts each night within each team but I don't know if the people on DH's team are talking about overthrowing DH or not. They seem to be tolerating him.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Well, MP kinda volunteered to go and they really didn't have anyone they wanted to get rid of. Whats funny is DH thinks maybe MP, Epi or SVS will go because they all have big personalities and that really has nothing to do with it.

They are having small group bts each night within each team but I don't know if the people on DH's team are talking about overthrowing DH or not. They seem to be tolerating him.
Thanks for summing it up, juliets!

Yeah, that's about the skinny of it. The alliances will falter eventually, though.

They have to to survive. :workit:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DH guessed the poll right...whatever the tribe chooses will affect the other tribe negatively. And people aren't gonna like the consequences..

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Team Atamai is just dead today. And I can't figure out what's up with Wilgy unless he's just concentrating on GOC.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Team Atamai is just dead today. And I can't figure out what's up with Wilgy unless he's just concentrating on GOC.
:shrug2:

I'm sure they'll come alive 10 minutes before end of phase again like this past phase

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:Team Atamai is just dead today. And I can't figure out what's up with Wilgy unless he's just concentrating on GOC.
:shrug2:

I'm sure they'll come alive 10 minutes before end of phase again like this past phase
I think I get it about Wilgy now. It looks like today was his anniversary. Not sure if he's married or it's his gf but he mentioned it was his 6th anniversary in the GOC. I've had so many anniversaries that I've just mafia'd right through, lol. Birthdays, anniversaries, you name it I've played mafia on it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Boomslang »

I hate Mafia. You act like you're silenced and don't give a shit about the game? You get a free pass. You play the game, contribute, and ask good questions? You get voted out. Why do I even bother?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Boomslang wrote:I hate Mafia. You act like you're silenced and don't give a shit about the game? You get a free pass. You play the game, contribute, and ask good questions? You get voted out. Why do I even bother?
It's a shame man. I don't really get it either. I caught glimpses in BTSC that LoRab and INH were looking to change their votes to Wilgy at last second, but thought better of it for whatever reason. :shrug2: man, they almost turned it around! I'm sorry you went out, especially early on.

If it makes you feel better, Opt said you were her favorite player in the game because you were so level-headed. :bighug:

I don't foresee a way DH putting such a huge target on his back will win him the game. But who knows

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Awww Booms so sorry you were deaded. You did your best, thats all you can do.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey, folks. Yeah, I volunteered just because I wasn't sure how I could effectively use half of my role power and I just didn't feel I had adequate time to contribute better than anyone else there.

Boomslang wrote:I hate Mafia. You act like you're silenced and don't give a shit about the game? You get a free pass. You play the game, contribute, and ask good questions? You get voted out. Why do I even bother?
Sorry to hear it, bud.

I don't know what went on in your camp, so I can't talk to that. Nonetheless, on a semi-related note based on your sentiment, I do think we have a serious cultural hangup at this site about not lynching non-participants and lurkers even when it'd be in town's best interest to get rid of them sooner rather than having to deal with them closer to endgame, but that's a discussion for another thread (mafia strategy, specifically).

Return to “Survivor Mafia”