Currents Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

What was your favourite aspect of the game?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm

The storyline
No votes
The host
29%
The theme
No votes
The minimal amount of roles
14%
The participating players
29%
The game's progression
14%
Nothing, I absolutely hated it
14%

Total votes: 7
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Currents Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:What if I told you that the fact you keep excusing your lack of activity reminds me of something I do across both alignments but feel more pressure to do when I'm mafia versus town?
I'd applaud your self-awareness.
speedchuck, du hast auf diese Frage von MP mit einer Art freundlichen Snark geantwortet, der auf mich schaut, wie ein Versuch, die Behauptung zu entwaffnen, ohne es zu adressieren. Sie waren in ähnlicher Weise abweisend als Antwort auf meinen eigenen willkürlichen Verdacht. Könnten Sie bitte die Frage ansprechen?
Ernst:
Meine Meta ist nicht die gleiche wie die Meta von MP. Ich mag die Leute gerne wissen, wann ich aktiv sein werde, also können sie mit mir interagieren. Es ist etwas, was ich gewöhnlich mache. Ich antwortete mit snark, weil die Frage des Parlaments mehr wie sinnloser Druck als eine Frage klang.
Wenn Sie denken, dass es eine Frage des Drucks war, würden Sie sagen, Ihre Antwort lieferte eine Allee für diesen Druck, um eine entwickelte lesen entweder für Sie über MP oder für MP über Sie?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Currents Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

THEFLOYD73

Please verify your poll deadline k
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
nutella wrote:As usual I'm pretty lost as to where to start and I feel like anyone could be fooling me at this point. I suppose I'm leaning toward civ-reading MP and also agreeing with his civ read of Epi and LC, but those could all be subject to change. I also think Dys and JJJ look good so far. Part of me is tempted to follow Dys's apparent gut suspicion of MP, but as of now I think it's risky because if he is civ he's a valuable one as seen by his early and detailed contributions about strategy. Then again, said strategy post could be seen as sneaky-by-way-of-overt fishing for cop/info claims, but that's kind of a leap. Again I'm leaning civ for him but my Dys read is stronger.
There's so much I find disagreeable with this post.

"As usual." This is a preface to tell us that what follows is superfluous.

"Anyone can be fooling me at this point." At this point? It's the beginning of Day 1. Hardly anyone has said anything to persuade you one way or another about anything.

You are leaning toward MP being good and LC and me as well by proxy, but "those could all be subject to change." Why wouldn't that be subject to change? Why is it important to tell everyone that your opinions could change?

You think Dys is good and by proxy think MP is bad, yet you give no reason why you might disagree with your previous sentence.

I don't know why in the world anyone would think JJJ is good. He has done nothing to warrant that opinion. He is acting like another Syndicate member, which is exactly what he said he was going to do before he received his role.

"Could be seen." Weasel words.

"Kind of a leap." There's no point in raising a perspective and then discrediting it in the same breath.

Overall, this is a huge post full of equivocation.

nutella
Would you say that such posturing and diction are unusual for nutella?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote:MP
Epi
Marmot
Long Con

JaggedJimmyJay
insertnamehere
Dyslexicon
Luke11646
nutella

FZ
DrWilgy
Eloh

Do do doot do... I'm here. What's up, guys?
Yay, a rainbow! :D

Can you elaborate on your Marmot read? I can never read that guy.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote:Most of my reads are based on what others have said, as well as my sense of when posts feel really fake or genuine. Those feels are what sends my nutella read higher than Epi's, and my Wilgy/Eloh reads lower than most.
Elaborate on this bolded/underlined stuff if you don't mind.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:JaggedJimmyJomps has been hacked by Vomps!

What a twiiiiiiiist!!!

Mafia, plz don't kill me early. I had to move away from my Wilgette and need this to keep my mind busy.

(and I'm still most definitely a doctor... just a zonked one...

So, who is bad?
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I also like the way LC handled all of that conversation, looking into it more intently.

I'd say I have two town reads already then. Cool.
What about me? What about me? :lorab:
I can't fully explain the gut feel, but these two posts gave me bad vibes. Wilgy addressing the mafia sounded suuper fake, which may have been the point, but my gut doesn't like it.
I also just get the willies anytime someone begs for an early read from a trusted towny, probably even more so when it's masked by jest.

These two posts seem jokey, of course, but I get a non-genuine feel from them. And on D1, that's enough to shove someone to the bottom of the heap.
speedchuck is now a town read.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:Image
That's sort of a personal question.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Seriously guys, I echo LC's .gif. This game is hard enough as it is; I don't want to have to throw stuff in Google translator to understand what's being said.

I appreciate the Vompatti mimic attempt, Jay, but more than one post of actual content in another language is just a hindrance to other players trying to establish reads on everyone. And I will get you to break your character at some point, or I will die trying. :noble:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am speaking English now to blend in.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I am speaking English now to blend in.
Thank you. :noble:

Do you have any suspicions or game-related thoughts?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Seriously guys, I echo LC's .gif. This game is hard enough as it is; I don't want to have to throw stuff in Google translator to understand what's being said.

I appreciate the Vompatti mimic attempt, Jay, but more than one post of actual content in another language is just a hindrance to other players trying to establish reads on everyone. And I will get you to break your character at some point, or I will die trying. :noble:
google translate are hard k

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
nutella wrote:As usual I'm pretty lost as to where to start and I feel like anyone could be fooling me at this point. I suppose I'm leaning toward civ-reading MP and also agreeing with his civ read of Epi and LC, but those could all be subject to change. I also think Dys and JJJ look good so far. Part of me is tempted to follow Dys's apparent gut suspicion of MP, but as of now I think it's risky because if he is civ he's a valuable one as seen by his early and detailed contributions about strategy. Then again, said strategy post could be seen as sneaky-by-way-of-overt fishing for cop/info claims, but that's kind of a leap. Again I'm leaning civ for him but my Dys read is stronger.

"Anyone can be fooling me at this point." At this point? It's the beginning of Day 1. Hardly anyone has said anything to persuade you one way or another about anything.

You are leaning toward MP being good and LC and me as well by proxy, but "those could all be subject to change." Why wouldn't that be subject to change? Why is it important to tell everyone that your opinions could change?

You think Dys is good and by proxy think MP is bad, yet you give no reason why you might disagree with your previous sentence.

I don't know why in the world anyone would think JJJ is good. He has done nothing to warrant that opinion. He is acting like another Syndicate member, which is exactly what he said he was going to do before he received his role.

"Kind of a leap." There's no point in raising a perspective and then discrediting it in the same breath.

nutella
Would you say that such posturing and diction are unusual for nutella?
nutella wrote:Just caught up on quite a bit of discussion here. I found myself largely agreeing with JJJ, for instance his point about baddies tending to go for simpler options, but I also don't think Bass's response to that was unreasonable -- it makes sense that baddies might be wary of dueling two suspects rather than taking the riskier route. I also generally agreed with JJJ in that I think it's perfectly normal to have some town reads early on and no particular pings (I could certainly name several GTH town reads at this point and would struggle to name anyone I have any particular reason to suspect, and yes, the town reads tend to be the more active players at this point in the game). And it's too bad that MP got so upset and couldn't stick around, but I'm honestly not particularly surprised and I don't think it's alignment indicative at all.

The duel mechanic has sparked some interesting discussion and I'm not really sure where I stand on it. It definitely seems safer on the surface to choose two top suspects, but with the realization that the winner of the duel gets benefits, it gets a lot more complicated and it may be worth taking some risk to try our best to ensure a baddie doesn't get those benefits. In any case, since it's Day 1 we probably won't have strong enough reads/evidence to back up either particular plan, since even the top suspects (whoever those end up being) may well be civ.
That's the first Day 1 post of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. nutella spoke directly, and her only hesitancy has to do with mechanics and not other people.
nutella wrote:OK, I'm back from graduating!! :D and caught up.

Zebra, I have no idea how you got so confused but it's pretty weird that you voted without even looking at the poll time.

Matt's inexplicable naming of Niju as the Process is perplexing and his refusal to explain it is even more so. Matt tends to be zany but I'm keeping an eye on him for this strange behavior.

I think that Drum's alliance proposition is probably a terrible idea and might have nefarious motivations. The Process is just one role/player, so even with its many powers it probably won't be impossible to get rid of, while the Camerata team is a significant threat and more in number for us to take down. I find Drum quite suspicious for the proposal and I also find Elo suspicious for expressing interest in it and then sort of covering her tracks -- although I believe that she wasn't outright agreeing to the plan in the first place but considering it as an option, but it's still kind of surprising that she jumped on it without acknowledging its suspicious nature.

There's still a whole day but it's looking likely I'll want to vote for either Drum or Elo.

linki @ Drum: huh, I don't really understand, you think the mafia can target specific elements? if they can, will we be told a process element has been eliminated? :shrug2: This all seems pretty speculative, and regardless I largely agree with niju that any degree of alliance/trusting the mafia is too risky especially in such a small game.

Aaaand there's a Cell sock account :eek:
In Transistor, her first Day 1 post that isn't talking about the theme was straightforward and gave a clear direction regarding where she was going to vote.
nutella wrote:I don't get the Hedgeowl suspicion at all. She posted while catching up and gave her input on a couple main discussions. None of her posts look particularly bad to me, just kind of average minimal-but-sufficient participation. I guess I understood LC's point (though it was regarding SVS) about commenting on issues rather than players, but Hedgie gave her views on LC/Epi/SVS so that doesn't really apply. I don't know, she could be hiding behind that type of participation (I haven't played many games with her but isn't it kind of her norm?) but I just don't really see the reasons for suspecting her, they seem contrived.

I could see SVS as bad. I mean, SVS is always bad :p
First Day 1 post in Bullets Over Broadway that is about other people, and again, the opinions are clear.
nutella wrote:Ah thanks LT. Still kind of annoying, but it works ok.

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Also, sorry I didn't check in sooner! I'm moving back to the US on Tuesday, so things have been a bit hectic. My participation will be very limited until Wednesday, but after that I'll be all in.
Moving sucks. I've moved four times in the past ten years. Where are you moving from and where are you moving to?
All Eloh talks about is rabbits. I told her that if we can work up a stake, we'll get us a nice place with lots of rabbits and she can feed them alfalfa from the garden.
:shrug: over my head
Of Mice and Men :D

Dom wrote:YAY Game!
omg dom's playing!!! dude I haven't talked to you in a while :O

I'm still slightly conflicted but leaning towards opting out of the root canal. I have to get my wisdom teeth out in a few weeks, that's enough mouth abuse. :\ I am rather concerned about possible negative effects of voting for the plasmid. And I'm even starting to wonder if a few of the super eager-for-plasmid voters might be baddies looking for a power-up.
BoatsBoatsBoats wrote:At first, I was a bit hesitant to take a free gift in a socky game. But then I read
insertnamehere wrote:In Bioshock, the plasmids were ...also very addictive, and can drive you insane. They turned a significant part of the population into murderous druggies, who would do anything and kill anyone for another fix.
and now I'm somewhat excited. Still undecided, though.
BoatsBoatsBoats wrote:Voting for a root canal because it would be fun to do anything.

Boats' two posts here gave me a bit of a twitch. The "excited"/reckless/thrillseeking vibe is slightly off-putting, especially in regards to the "murderous" comment, which most of us took as a reason NOT to take it. I'm more inclined to brush off the several players who eagerly chose the plasmid immediately, but Boats pings me because he said this after much discussion of hesitancy/wariness.

So yeah I'm gonna go ahead and vote not to take the deal.
As Martin Finnegan in Bioshock, this post on Day 0 had something concrete to say about Boats.

None of that looks like this:
And so I am left wondering how she can characterize her fear of being fool as "usual."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I dig the Day 1 meta analysis of nutella. Much case. Very vote.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You forgot her first post in Phenon, a game that saw civilian nutella with a top-class performance.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And Phenon was a recent game, so another good reason to reference.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 104

Post by speedchuck »

Ooh, that's a better nutella case. I like it.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Most of my reads are based on what others have said, as well as my sense of when posts feel really fake or genuine. Those feels are what sends my nutella read higher than Epi's, and my Wilgy/Eloh reads lower than most.
I originally thought the nutella case was off the mark because I had a different nutella meta read. I had a replacement nutella meta read, from my one game with her. This feels like replacement town nutella, which... based onn these other metas, doesn't look as good.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Can you elaborate on your Marmot read? I can never read that guy.
This early game, I'm basing a lot on meta. Marmot doesn't feel like he did when scum. He also seems to be putting forward good effort, I see in my linkis.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Marmot wrote:You forgot her first post in Phenon, a game that saw civilian nutella with a top-class performance.
Nutella was very unsure and flip-floppy at points in this game, but she wasn't hesitant when flipping, flopping, or making those unsure choices.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:What if I told you that the fact you keep excusing your lack of activity reminds me of something I do across both alignments but feel more pressure to do when I'm mafia versus town?
I'd applaud your self-awareness.
speedchuck, du hast auf diese Frage von MP mit einer Art freundlichen Snark geantwortet, der auf mich schaut, wie ein Versuch, die Behauptung zu entwaffnen, ohne es zu adressieren. Sie waren in ähnlicher Weise abweisend als Antwort auf meinen eigenen willkürlichen Verdacht. Könnten Sie bitte die Frage ansprechen?
Ernst:
Meine Meta ist nicht die gleiche wie die Meta von MP. Ich mag die Leute gerne wissen, wann ich aktiv sein werde, also können sie mit mir interagieren. Es ist etwas, was ich gewöhnlich mache. Ich antwortete mit snark, weil die Frage des Parlaments mehr wie sinnloser Druck als eine Frage klang.
Wenn Sie denken, dass es eine Frage des Drucks war, würden Sie sagen, Ihre Antwort lieferte eine Allee für diesen Druck, um eine entwickelte lesen entweder für Sie über MP oder für MP über Sie?
I like the way MP comes out of the interaction, honestly. I like how I replied better though. :)

Google translate didn't work with me much on this one.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by notsawyer540 »

Why such formal German in a game of mafia? You guys were being too polite. :p
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

speedchuck wrote:
Marmot wrote:You forgot her first post in Phenon, a game that saw civilian nutella with a top-class performance.
Nutella was very unsure and flip-floppy at points in this game, but she wasn't hesitant when flipping, flopping, or making those unsure choices.
Sure.

But there is being hesitant with gusto, and being hesitant with hesitancy. Does that make sense? No? Yeah, I didn't think so either.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 52

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I have voted DrWilgy. I will likely do so until I am satisfied with his production.
Wilgy feels like Wilgy.

@linki: Nothing other than you just voted for me for reasons of "bandwagon". WIFOM much? I'm sorry. I don't do well with players who try to fluff their way through the game and use shenanigans. I'm more the straightforward type. So right now, I'm wondering whether you're just fooling around, or if I should just vote you back. In the past, I'd say players wouldn't be that stupid to say bandwagon if they really are doing it, but experience on this site has taught me players are stupid :p Kidding, but I've learnt that anything goes. So I'm watching you. :eye:
What specifically are you trying to convey about Dizzy in this post re: alignment?
I don't know how this guy plays. It's my first game with him and that vote kind of frustrated me. Was wondering if he would be that bold and stupid as a baddie to just say he's bandwagoning. I was kind of hoping other people would tell me, and was trying to get him to speak.

And you asked in another post if I have any suspicions yet, and I'm actually pinged by you.

First, you start off by giving us a strategy lecture. Nothing wrong with that, but I can easily see you doing that as a baddie as well, so at that point, it was okay. But then, you start discussing things with LC regarding me, and after one post where you said you don't see it as very alarming, you change your mind and vote for me, allegedly leaving the option of moving your vote if my reply satisfies you. The most suspicious post though, is this one:

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epi
Marmot
Long Con

JaggedJimmyJay
insertnamehere
Dyslexicon
Luke11646
nutella

FZ
DrWilgy
Eloh

This feels like you're trying to draw out the cop. And it feels even worse when it was your idea in the first place to give a list of civvie reads.

I think I might vote for you MP.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I'm a bit confused regarding these conflicting thoughts. Can you clarify?
Me too. That's kinda how conflicting thoughts are. Welcome to mafia. :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote:

nutella
All of this is just how I play/post. I start writing something and just stream-of-consciousness it and work through thoughts, so I do often contradict or change my mind within a single post. Especially on day 1 when I have no clue what to think of anyone. All the "equivocation" you're seeing is my thought process.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

To be fair, I think that Nutella and I are getting accused for similar things. If it's between me and her, I'll vote Nutella to save myself, but I can't say I really see what Epi is seeing. People keep thinking that only baddies say something but contradict themselves in the same post to leave every option open later on. That's bullshit. As a baddie, I've tried to look determined plenty of times. Going after someone relentlessly, and I'm often a lot more hesitant as a civvie because the pressure of making a mistake is making me doubt myself.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

FZ. wrote:To be fair, I think that Nutella and I are getting accused for similar things. If it's between me and her, I'll vote Nutella to save myself, but I can't say I really see what Epi is seeing. People keep thinking that only baddies say something but contradict themselves in the same post to leave every option open later on. That's bullshit. As a baddie, I've tried to look determined plenty of times. Going after someone relentlessly, and I'm often a lot more hesitant as a civvie because the pressure of making a mistake is making me doubt myself.
That's bullshit. As a baddie, I've tried to look determined plenty of times, and go after someone relentlessly. I'm often a lot more hesitant as a civvie because the pressure of making a mistake is making me doubt myself.

Sorry, my post got screwed. I fixed it.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'll never live up to that again :p I hope to be as helpful a civ as I can this game but it just started and I really haven't found my footing yet. I don't have time rn but I will try to contribute more in depth later today.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Floyd, the poll says it runs until today at 5:00PM. Isn't this period supposed to be 48 hours?
My apologies, I accidentally made it one instead of two days. Fixed now, you can now relax again.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote:Ooh, that's a better nutella case. I like it.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I originally thought the nutella case was off the mark because I had a different nutella meta read. I had a replacement nutella meta read, from my one game with her. This feels like replacement town nutella, which... based onn these other metas, doesn't look as good.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Can you elaborate on your Marmot read? I can never read that guy.
This early game, I'm basing a lot on meta. Marmot doesn't feel like he did when scum. He also seems to be putting forward good effort, I see in my linkis.
What do you mean by this replacement read stuff? I wasn't a replacement in phenon. :confused:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epi if you want to talk meta may I remind you of biblical :p That's just one of several games where I got mislynched for being waffly. This should not be news to you
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
FZ. wrote:To be fair, I think that Nutella and I are getting accused for similar things. If it's between me and her, I'll vote Nutella to save myself, but I can't say I really see what Epi is seeing. People keep thinking that only baddies say something but contradict themselves in the same post to leave every option open later on. That's bullshit. As a baddie, I've tried to look determined plenty of times. Going after someone relentlessly, and I'm often a lot more hesitant as a civvie because the pressure of making a mistake is making me doubt myself.
That's bullshit. As a baddie, I've tried to look determined plenty of times, and go after someone relentlessly. I'm often a lot more hesitant as a civvie because the pressure of making a mistake is making me doubt myself.

Sorry, my post got screwed. I fixed it.
That isn't nearly why my vote is on nutella.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote:Epi if you want to talk meta may I remind you of biblical :p That's just one of several games where I got mislynched for being waffly. This should not be news to you
That was a sock puppet game that took place a hundred years ago, and even if I wanted to go back and look at it, all the sock accounts have changed.

My vote isn't on you for being "waffly." It's on you because I perceive you as weaseling early on, and upon looking back, I don't see that kind of hesitancy in your early on-topic posts.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: What do you mean by this replacement read stuff? I wasn't a replacement in phenon. :confused:
:doh:

I somehow conflated you and juliets. Like, I remember your plays, but somehow you were the same person.

You were all kindling to me, anyway.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Interesting. I'm getting completely different vibes from the two of you.

I don't even know why people are voting for you. Should I spoil the surprise and check?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for the response, Epi. That is more than I was looking for, but it's a hell of a response and an awesome template for folks re: meta analysis. Well done. :clap:

I need to mull over what you've said there; I think you've made a worthwhile meta observation, and you adequately addressed my initial fear that nutella could be seen as "waffly" across games (which prompted my question).
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Floyd, the poll says it runs until today at 5:00PM. Isn't this period supposed to be 48 hours?
My apologies, I accidentally made it one instead of two days. Fixed now, you can now relax again.

Doin' my best Dizzy impersonation.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks, Floyd! Appreciated.

speedchuck, thanks for the reply.

FZ., let me address your post next.

I will say that nutella is giving off a genuine tone to me with her most recent posts, though I'm not sure I could put my finger on why exactly. I don't see a town spark, but at the same time I don't see a baddie panic either. So I'm given just a bit of pause there.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I have voted DrWilgy. I will likely do so until I am satisfied with his production.
Wilgy feels like Wilgy.

@linki: Nothing other than you just voted for me for reasons of "bandwagon". WIFOM much? I'm sorry. I don't do well with players who try to fluff their way through the game and use shenanigans. I'm more the straightforward type. So right now, I'm wondering whether you're just fooling around, or if I should just vote you back. In the past, I'd say players wouldn't be that stupid to say bandwagon if they really are doing it, but experience on this site has taught me players are stupid :p Kidding, but I've learnt that anything goes. So I'm watching you. :eye:
What specifically are you trying to convey about Dizzy in this post re: alignment?
I don't know how this guy plays. It's my first game with him and that vote kind of frustrated me. Was wondering if he would be that bold and stupid as a baddie to just say he's bandwagoning. I was kind of hoping other people would tell me, and was trying to get him to speak.

And you asked in another post if I have any suspicions yet, and I'm actually pinged by you.

First, you start off by giving us a strategy lecture. Nothing wrong with that, but I can easily see you doing that as a baddie as well, so at that point, it was okay. But then, you start discussing things with LC regarding me, and after one post where you said you don't see it as very alarming, you change your mind and vote for me, allegedly leaving the option of moving your vote if my reply satisfies you. The most suspicious post though, is this one:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epi
Marmot
Long Con

JaggedJimmyJay
insertnamehere
Dyslexicon
Luke11646
nutella

FZ
DrWilgy
Eloh

This feels like you're trying to draw out the cop. And it feels even worse when it was your idea in the first place to give a list of civvie reads.

I think I might vote for you MP.
Re: bolded/underlined, what? I don't understand where you're getting that from my posts. My vote for you is/was a pressure vote; I thought I indicated it as such (with making it clear I would move it based on your response) to convey the fact that I didn't find you actively suspicious. It was also clear (by my POE rainbow) that I wasn't town reading you either, so I was applying a vote to see how you'd react and hopefully I'd be able to sort you into my town reads. I wanted you to answer concerns that I expressed, but I also was curious to see what else you had to say.

I don't feel you've addressed my concerns. Instead you've NO U'd me. I don't like it.

I wasn't giving a lecture. I was starting a discussion, which you don't even seem intent on having. Why is that?

Lastly, how am I trying to draw out the cop? I cannot even fathom how you made that determination from that post. And I don't understand the orange sentence, sorry, can you reword?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Who's saying that?

I am not following your thought process at all this game, FZ., and that worries me.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And for my next trick, I'll do a Sockface impersonation.

Dyslexicon
Epignosis
FZ.

DrWilgy
Elohcin
insertnamehere
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
Luke11646
MovingPictures07
speedchuck

nutella

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Too many player I know nothing about. Immerse me in your presence ye mafioso.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Golden »

I have arrived
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Marmot wrote:
Interesting. I'm getting completely different vibes from the two of you.

I don't even know why people are voting for you. Should I spoil the surprise and check?
I was voting for her to help sort her out, but since returning to the thread I'm finding some of her comments unfounded and illogical. I'd say she's a slight mafia read now.

I'd prefer to get to talk with her in real time because I feel we could just be colossally misunderstanding each other, but there are various things that FZ. has done that currently make me doubt her townieness:

1) Her suspicion of me feels forced; I really don't understand where it is coming from based on my posts, as if she had to manufacture a suspicion. I had a simple inquiry regarding her thoughts on Dizzy's alignment in that one post of hers, and the inquiry came about because I had no idea if she was even trying to say anything about Dizzy's alignment in that post at all; combined with a pressure vote, that apparently became suspicious. I also completely do not understand why she finds that one quoted post of mine suspicious.

2) Other than the aforementioned suspicion, she seems noncommittal and withholding; I don't understand what her thoughts are on any other player in the game right now in terms of any alignment.

Comments and input are welcome.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Marmot wrote:And for my next trick, I'll do a Sockface impersonation.

Dyslexicon
Epignosis
FZ.

DrWilgy
Elohcin
insertnamehere
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
Luke11646
MovingPictures07
speedchuck

nutella
Talk to me about that FZ. read if you don't mind.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Marmot wrote:And for my next trick, I'll do a Sockface impersonation.

Dyslexicon
Epignosis
FZ.

DrWilgy
Elohcin
insertnamehere
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
Luke11646
MovingPictures07
speedchuck

nutella
Does the order of the yellows matter?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella, when you return to the thread, if you could throw out some reads or even vague thoughts regarding any conversation that has occurred so far that doesn't involve yourself, that'd be great. I feel conflicted about you at the moment.

If you're town, I don't want an otherwise solid but incorrect D1 meta case to be your deathbed. Fight for your life.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey speedchuck, let's talk. You seemed to indicate that you were misremembering juliets and nutella to some extent re: Phenon meta, though it's not clear to me how that affected your read of nutella, if at all. Can you speak to that?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:I have arrived
Guess I'm leaving then
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I have to go now, but I'll be back again later tonight or sometime tomorrow morning. Keep up the talking and throwing out reads.

FZ., let's try to sort each other out ASAP if we can. I feel like you and I should be on the same page when we're both town, but for whatever reason historically that never happens and we end up misunderstanding and tinfoiling each other. I don't want that to happen again here if you are on my team, but I have developing concerns. Please convince me.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey speedchuck, let's talk. You seemed to indicate that you were misremembering juliets and nutella to some extent re: Phenon meta, though it's not clear to me how that affected your read of nutella, if at all. Can you speak to that?
It worsened my read of nutella, but I'm currently getting the same non-negative vibes that you see from her. Waiting for it to develop.

MP, can I have some examples of past games from you? At least one town and at least one scum, preferably on this site. No replacements. Meta-read stuff. I'll tell you why once I get the examples. Thanks.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”