Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by sprityo »

Merry April Fools
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Game on!

I'll be leaving for a fancy soirée shortly, and I'll catch up on stuff tomorrow morning, in about 14 or 15 hours.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Awesome. Let's do this.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272

Post by Fredwood »

Long Con wrote:Game on!

I'll be leaving for a fancy soirée shortly, and I'll catch up on stuff tomorrow morning, in about 14 or 15 hours.
Soiree....really, with the accent and everything? Really?

Also I take it there's no way to know vote count without voting?
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Dry Flood »

Fredwood wrote:

Also I take it there's no way to know vote count without voting?
You can click "view results" at the bottom of the poll. It won't prevent you from being able to vote afterword.
Golden
Marmot
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Dom »

hi
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

So is this typically a "vote early vote often" kinda place or a "wait till you see the whites of their eyes" kinda place? We at the Realms have just started to dip our toes into the waters of plurality voting, so seeing how another site does things would be welcome.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

colonialbob wrote:So is this typically a "vote early vote often" kinda place or a "wait till you see the whites of their eyes" kinda place? We at the Realms have just started to dip our toes into the waters of plurality voting, so seeing how another site does things would be welcome.
From what I've gathered voting get's really serious at the end so you could do either I guess.

With halfish of us being from the realms though, your vote or lack of vote will be much less scrutinized I think >.> <.<.

BUT IT WILL BE SCRUTINIZED. So don't fuck up.

Also, you can say fuck here.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 137

Post by DrWilgy »

Who are you thinking of voting for bob?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 64

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 0)

Post by Silver Lantern »

Long Con wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Hey there everyone. Does this game involve all the ME games or only the latest one?
Why, is your role from the latest one?

How familiar are you with the games? I am 100% unfamiliar. :ponder:
I have no idea if my role is from the latest one or not. I am also 100% unfamiliar. Well 95%, cause I know it has something to do with space, and the main person is called Shepard.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Dom »

colonialbob wrote:So is this typically a "vote early vote often" kinda place or a "wait till you see the whites of their eyes" kinda place? We at the Realms have just started to dip our toes into the waters of plurality voting, so seeing how another site does things would be welcome.
Somewhere in between. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

>(0 3 -)<

Don't stop me naaaaaaaaaaoooo!!!!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:He's usually a doctor. Hi all, I'm checkin' in...
Best way to check in ever.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

gfishfunk wrote:No voting Day 0, correct?

I haven't even read the rules yet. I can access the site from work and I'll have plenty of downtime Monday.

Can we vote no lynch?
Why in the world would we want to vote no lynch?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Totally depends on the player. I'd say it's pretty equally divided.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, I was expecting to have more to catch up on than that. Let's get this party started.

I have one town read so far.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:Who are you thinking of voting for bob?
Do you think Bob's posts displayed a perspective that prompted this question more than anyone else; if so, why?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Let's do this!

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Fredwood, because of his naughty language! :puppy:

But seriously I've seen some places that basically spend all of D1 voting, which I think can work but only if everybody does it. We tended to have more discussion before votes started, so I was curious how it usually went here. After all, half the point of this game is mixing metas!

I really need to sit down and process the role lists, though. I read them, but there's so much info there.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

colonialbob wrote:

But seriously I've seen some places that basically spend all of D1 voting, which I think can work but only if everybody does it. We tended to have more discussion before votes started, so I was curious how it usually went here. After all, half the point of this game is mixing metas!

I really need to sit down and process the role lists, though. I read them, but there's so much info there.
Are you referring to like RVS, where people vote with no concern or semblance of suspicion?

What if I said you seemed more preoccupied with the role information and discussing meta than you are with hunting for the mafia, and I find that suspicious?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Fredwood wrote:

Extra fancy that way, monsieur!
MovingPictures07 wrote:Best way to check in ever.
Credit goes to you, of course. :noble:
colonialbob wrote:I really need to sit down and process the role lists, though. I read them, but there's so much info there.
Agreed. I hope to read them and do some role analysis at some point today.

Who's your town read, and why, MP07?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
colonialbob wrote: Are you referring to like RVS, where people vote with no concern or semblance of suspicion?

What if I said you seemed more preoccupied with the role information and discussing meta than you are with hunting for the mafia, and I find that suspicious?
Yeah, I've seen places where the early voting is all random/meta/not info-based, and then over the course of D1 the voting patterns (as well as the rest of posts) get used to start making reads and hunting.

I'd say that's not a baseless claim, although I'd note that a) there's not a lot of posting yet to respond to, so role info is at least an early source of conversation and b) in a game like this with varying metas, meta discussion can be valuable because I'm willing to bet there's certain things that are considered scummy here that are fine on the Realms, and vice-versa. Discussing meta tendencies can help townies avoid unintentional scum signals (and, admittedly, help scum blend in better).

Sidenote: When I tried to quote the above post on my phone, it only quoted about half of the nested quotes. Is this a known issue, or was it just something weird that happened to me?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks, Bob, that answer is cool.

To clarify, you are my town read I spoke of earlier. In your first post I thought you displayed a carefree mindset with the offhanded comment about recruiting Jack. I don't typically put stock into posts like that, but playing carefree and with no regard of how one looks can be a minor town tell for some players. Then you followed up with questions regarding our culture here (specifically regarding what D0 is) and here (your inquiry re: how players vote whether early by RVS or late after discussion, which you further expanded upon here).

So my first question was asked to clarify that you did in fact mean RVS, and my second question where I dropped my "suspicion" was really a way for me to try to get a better feel for what I perceived your intentions to be (which was genuine interest in developing your perceptions based on answers to your questions). Your response furthers my opinion that your posts display a genuine mindset.

So here's my first POE-based rainbow list:
MP Rainbow #1

colonialbob

Adam
CaptainNifty
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
gfishfunk
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
nutella
Silver Lantern
sprityo
S~V~S
thellama73
TonyStarkPrime
Green folks I won't currently entertain a vote for, grey folks I could.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

colonialbob wrote:Sidenote: When I tried to quote the above post on my phone, it only quoted about half of the nested quotes. Is this a known issue, or was it just something weird that happened to me?
Regarding this:

By half of the nested quotes, you mean like how it quoted my content but then displayed as if it was two quotes? I'm not sure why it would have done that... you should be able to just click "Quote" of any post you want to quote, regardless of how many nested quotes are in that post (unless it's 6, then you may receive a message that says you cannot embed more than 6 quotes in a post).
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
colonialbob wrote:Sidenote: When I tried to quote the above post on my phone, it only quoted about half of the nested quotes. Is this a known issue, or was it just something weird that happened to me?
Regarding this:

By half of the nested quotes, you mean like how it quoted my content but then displayed as if it was two quotes? I'm not sure why it would have done that... you should be able to just click "Quote" of any post you want to quote, regardless of how many nested quotes are in that post (unless it's 6, then you may receive a message that says you cannot embed more than 6 quotes in a post).
No, like this is what my post box looked like after I clicked quote:

[spoiler][code][quote="MovingPictures07"][quote="colonialbob"][quote="DrWilgy"]Who are you thinking of voting for bob?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

But seriously I've seen some places that basically spend all of D1 voting, which I think can work but only if everybody does it. We tended to have more discussion before votes started, so[/code][/spoiler]

Not a big deal, if it's actually a thing, just means I'll probably quote less while I'm on mobile, which is generally a majority of the time.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That's very strange, haven't had that happen to me on mobile. Weird. Sorry, not sure what could be causing that. Probably another question for the tech team. I'll let them know.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, I was expecting to have more to catch up on than that. Let's get this party started.

Is it me?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, I was expecting to have more to catch up on than that. Let's get this party started.

Is it me?
Tsk tsk, Dizzy. Y u no read?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Dyslexicon wrote:

Is it me?
And we have a vote!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Post by S~V~S »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Hey there everyone. Does this game involve all the ME games or only the latest one?

I have no idea if my role is from the latest one or not. I am also 100% unfamiliar. Well 95%, cause I know it has something to do with space, and the main person is called Shepard.
And you do know there are multiple games, and know enough about it to ask this question.

Not sure why this would be suspicious, but it does get my attention. Only thing so far, really.

MP, have you played at the HRC forum?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks, Bob, that answer is cool.

To clarify, you are my town read I spoke of earlier. In your first post I thought you displayed a carefree mindset with the offhanded comment about recruiting Jack. I don't typically put stock into posts like that, but playing carefree and with no regard of how one looks can be a minor town tell for some players. Then you followed up with questions regarding our culture here (specifically regarding what D0 is) and here (your inquiry re: how players vote whether early by RVS or late after discussion, which you further expanded upon here).

So my first question was asked to clarify that you did in fact mean RVS, and my second question where I dropped my "suspicion" was really a way for me to try to get a better feel for what I perceived your intentions to be (which was genuine interest in developing your perceptions based on answers to your questions). Your response furthers my opinion that your posts display a genuine mindset.

MP Rainbow #1

colonialbob

Adam
CaptainNifty
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
gfishfunk
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
nutella
Silver Lantern
sprityo
S~V~S
thellama73
TonyStarkPrime
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Do you think Bob's posts displayed a perspective that prompted this question more than anyone else; if so, why?
Nope, he just spoke about voting so it was on the mind. Why not?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Edit
DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks, Bob, that answer is cool.

MP Rainbow #1

colonialbob

Adam
CaptainNifty
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
gfishfunk
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
nutella
Silver Lantern
sprityo
S~V~S
thellama73
TonyStarkPrime
Aaaaaaand MP is bad this game.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nope, he just spoke about voting so it was on the mind. Why not?
Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long Con wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:

Is it me?
Reading is for nerdz. I go on intuition alone. \o/
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

colonialbob wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:

Is it me?
And we have a vote!
NO U. =(
Immortal_Raven
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Immortal_Raven »

Huh, so we just pick someone and go with it? Are we allowed to change our votes once we pick?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Immortal_Raven wrote:Huh, so we just pick someone and go with it? Are we allowed to change our votes once we pick?
Hmm? What are these questions opposed to? What are the possible answers you are expecting?

I'll answer the second, votes are changeable.
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I am drunk and I think Bob and Iceman are mafia.

I hope this isn't a bublicate post.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Immortal_Raven wrote:Huh, so we just pick someone and go with it? Are we allowed to change our votes once we pick?
Raven is mafia too.

He knows how to scumhunt. Playing dumb, obviously
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jack yer town. <3
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:I am drunk and I think Bob and Iceman are mafia.

I hope this isn't a bublicate post.
Clearly.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dyslexicon wrote:Jack yer town. <3
You too. :p
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DrWilgy wrote:W-W-W-Walnuts, peanuts, pineapple smells, grapes, melons, oranges, and coconut shells!
Wigly is town.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

This game is so bublicated.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:

The main person is called Wrex.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:

The main person is called Wrex.
Kasumi is best girl.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:This game is so bublicated.
I'm lost, lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:This game is so bublicated.
I'm lost, lol.
I really like your avatar.^^
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 27

Post by thellama73 »

Trying to figure out how we do things is suspicious. A good civilian would just leap in with both feet. You seem eager to please, or should I say EAGER TO MURDER?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 27

Post by thellama73 »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:

Is it me?
Reading is for nerdz. I go on intuition alone. \o/
I think we are going to get along very well.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”