Technical Issues

We welcome your feedback on the site and any requests for technical features such as smileys, forum skins, and general improvements or additions you would like to see at The Syndicate.

Moderator: Community Team

lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Technical Issues

Post by lapluie »

Quin wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:31 am
lapluie wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:03 am sigh/ i know i keep complaining about this but I've had this same disoriented moving page for 4 months now, is it just gonna be this way, I've tried all things suggested but nothing seems to change. =[
I have an issue on my phone sometimes where it'll freak out and zoom all the way out, but everything will be on the left side leaving the right half as empty space. Is that what you're talking about?
Yep zoomed out space moved to the left side leaving right blank. The problem is also when I'm typing on thread post the page just slides all the way up by every letter press so I'd have to adjust it everytime
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Quin »

lapluie wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:47 pm
Quin wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:31 am
lapluie wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:03 am sigh/ i know i keep complaining about this but I've had this same disoriented moving page for 4 months now, is it just gonna be this way, I've tried all things suggested but nothing seems to change. =[
I have an issue on my phone sometimes where it'll freak out and zoom all the way out, but everything will be on the left side leaving the right half as empty space. Is that what you're talking about?
Yep zoomed out space moved to the left side leaving right blank. The problem is also when I'm typing on thread post the page just slides all the way up by every letter press so I'd have to adjust it everytime
This happens to me too, I think.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by dunya »

is it possible the whole logging out (which i experienced for the first time today as well while on mobile) has something to do with the website not being secure? is there a way you can make it secure again?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

It's been doing it way too often today. This is definitely annoying for the regular mobile user. Never had this problem before and nothing has changed from my end hmmm
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Spacedaisy »

It’s not the security. And it never was secure it only was showing up recently because of updates to browsers.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Makaze
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Makaze »

Your banner and forum are not in alignment on the current skin.

You can fix that with this bit of CSS:

Code: Select all

#wrap {
max-width: none ! important;
}
Which makes it fill the page:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Thanks very much, [mention]Makaze[/mention] ! I'm sure [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] will love the tip. :beer:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Is there a way to sort PMs by sender? To see all PMs one user has sent you? Is there an easier way to do *anything* PM-related? Any tips are welcome.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:55 pm Is there a way to sort PMs by sender? To see all PMs one user has sent you? Is there an easier way to do *anything* PM-related? Any tips are welcome.
[mention]Long Con[/mention] Scroll all the way down and on the bottom left of PM screen there is a button that does all that. it looks like a bulleted list
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:05 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:55 pm Is there a way to sort PMs by sender? To see all PMs one user has sent you? Is there an easier way to do *anything* PM-related? Any tips are welcome.
@Long Con Scroll all the way down and on the bottom left of PM screen there is a button that does all that. it looks like a bulleted list
Thanks dude that is helpful.

I would still love to see an upgrade that allows for a Filter By Author search thingy... so I can enter "DharmaHelper" and simply get a result showing all DH PMs.

And while I'm here, I'd also love to see an upgrade to PM management, specifically deleting. Deleting a bunch of PMs is onerous.

I know Christmas is already past, but I ask for things anyway. :grin:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

did our banner disappear? lol or is it just me?
Scirrus
The Mark
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Scirrus »

Does anyone else have an issue with setting posts per page? No matter what I set the number as in my settings, the PPP is always 50.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Scirrus wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:11 pm Does anyone else have an issue with setting posts per page? No matter what I set the number as in my settings, the PPP is always 50.
This has been an issue for years, but boo recently (seemed to) fix it; I’ve had 75 posts per page for a couple months now. I do not know what would cause the issue to pop up again, but I also don’t know what caused it in the first place.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scirrus wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:11 pm Does anyone else have an issue with setting posts per page? No matter what I set the number as in my settings, the PPP is always 50.
Which browser are you using?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:41 pm
Google Chrome. I have tried changing it on mobile too but no dice
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scirrus wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:05 am
:ponder:

What setting would you like? I'll see if there's something I can do on the admin side.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:07 am
Scirrus wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:05 am
:ponder:

What setting would you like? I'll see if there's something I can do on the admin side.
100 would be nice if possible, but it's not a huge deal if it doesn't work. Was mostly just curious if this was a just a me-issue or not lol
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scirrus wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:11 am 100 would be nice if possible, but it's not a huge deal if it doesn't work. Was mostly just curious if this was a just a me-issue or not lol
The range is actually capped at 99. I currently have mine at 90 to closely approximate 100 without that "99" tease. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:12 am
Scirrus wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:11 am 100 would be nice if possible, but it's not a huge deal if it doesn't work. Was mostly just curious if this was a just a me-issue or not lol
The range is actually capped at 99. I currently have mine at 90 to closely approximate 100 without that "99" tease. :p
Oh 90 sounds good then :)
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

It looks like the page-footer has a fixed width of 760px. This causes it to be tiny on desktop and enormous on mobile.

Also experiencing an issue where "remember me" doesn't seem to work on mobile.
boo
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Urist wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:52 pm It looks like the page-footer has a fixed width of 760px. This causes it to be tiny on desktop and enormous on mobile.

Also experiencing an issue where "remember me" doesn't seem to work on mobile.
Ah, hadn't spotted that with the footer when I fixed the header a while back. I'll add it to the list.

I believe other people have mentioned the same issue with remember me not always working, but I've never been able to troubleshoot why, it isn't browser or OS based from what I can tell.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I get logged out on mobile if I drop off a wifi network during a session.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Yep, I believe the remember-me issue stems from phones switching between SMS and Wi-fi.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:28 pm Yep, I believe the remember-me issue stems from phones switching between SMS and Wi-fi.
Mobile data, not SMS (that's a messaging standard ) :P

But that would make sense. It shouldn't happen a lot though, if the transition from one connection to the other is seamless (being on data while out and about and then getting home and your phone goes onto wifi) it shouldn't be noticeable. If you're trying to load a page when your internet is being spotty and then it drops and then tries to continue loading after it switches to data, I can see that. Connectivity issues plus some of the more archaic aspects of PHP certainly wouldn't play nicely.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

boo wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:10 pm Mobile data, not SMS (that's a messaging standard ) :P
Yep I don't know anything. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

I haven't left my house in weeks so I would be very surprised if that were the case!
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

The site has been updated to phpbb 3.3.2 (from 3.1.0... we were pretty outdated). It did cost us a few extensions that weren't kept up to date for this version, most notably posts per page (which let each user set that to their own preference). I'll try to find a replacement. The banner is also currently gone (I've reached out to LC to see if he has a copy of it handy. I know I have one backed up a flashdrive with everything else somewhere, just not sure which one, those are a disorganized mess rn, so worst case I'll dig through that).

Outside of that, things should be stable now. If you have any issues, please let me know here or in Discord (screenshots are helpful).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Thank you as always, boo.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Hey all, if you're going to try and update your profile (in the edit profile in user control panel), there is currently a field that will let you set your posts per page (***IT DOESN'T WORK, sorry, looking into how it's there because it wasn't when I updated the board, and I see no reason it should be there***), which, by default, is empty. In order to not get an SQL error when making a change to anything else in the edit profile area though, you need to put a number in there (1-100).

Got rid of it, so ignore that.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

thanks boos <3
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Got this msg through discord:

"Are notifications broken? I don't seem to get an alert anymore when someone quotes me on the syndicate"

any ideas guys? @boo @Marmot
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

@Justplayingitcool did you get notified of this?
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Justplayingitcool »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:33 am @Justplayingitcool did you get notified of this?
yep
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:34 am
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:33 am Justplayingitcool did you get notified of this?
yep
ok, do you see this now? :biggrin:
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Justplayingitcool »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 am
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:33 am Justplayingitcool did you get notified of this?
yep
I can see clearly!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 am
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 am
yep
I can see clearly!
must just be the issue when youre in the thread then!
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

This has probably been reported internally already, but it seems that the site's favicon is missing, at least for me.
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Urist wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:25 pm This has probably been reported internally already, but it seems that the site's favicon is missing, at least for me.
I don't think we've ever had one aside from the default bluehost favicon.

Now it feels kinda silly that we don't have one :ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:16 pm
Urist wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:25 pm This has probably been reported internally already, but it seems that the site's favicon is missing, at least for me.

I made a very basic favicon package. Tell me who to send the .zip to on Discord.

It looks like this:

The blue is copied from the dark theme, and the red is, uhm, representative of... scum? Sure.

ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Syn wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:39 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:16 pm

I made a very basic favicon package. Tell me who to send the .zip to on Discord.

It looks like this:

The blue is copied from the dark theme, and the red is, uhm, representative of... scum? Sure.
That'd be great! Send it my way, I'll run it by the other mods and see what we want to do on this front.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sweet, love it!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What would it take to get enhanced voting going on here? I haven't been on MU in a long time but I think they have some sweet stuff. Things I'd like to see:

- when you make an official vote, an updated vote count is displayed in the thread
- each day's vote being logged and saved and referencable... as in, if I am hosting and I want to display past EOD vote tallies, I could do something like [votetally]hfh892r9[/votetally] and that reference ID would generate a nice visual display that looks like a poll ending pic.
- the poll still exists at the top, but it is not something to interact with, but rather something that updates automatically through the voting system in-thread

I remember we pooled a bit of money to pay Makaze a few years ago for PHPBB services. I'd throw in five or ten bucks to hire a professional... I say that not really knowing boo's specific level of expertise.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:50 pm What would it take to get enhanced voting going on here? I haven't been on MU in a long time but I think they have some sweet stuff. Things I'd like to see:

- when you make an official vote, an updated vote count is displayed in the thread
- each day's vote being logged and saved and referencable... as in, if I am hosting and I want to display past EOD vote tallies, I could do something like [votetally]hfh892r9[/votetally] and that reference ID would generate a nice visual display that looks like a poll ending pic.
- the poll still exists at the top, but it is not something to interact with, but rather something that updates automatically through the voting system in-thread

I remember we pooled a bit of money to pay Makaze a few years ago for PHPBB services. I'd throw in five or ten bucks to hire a professional... I say that not really knowing boo's specific level of expertise.
This is something that I'd started looking into, but I put on the backburner for the moment while JJJ and I are working on a Hall of Fame revamp project. That project is nearly done.

But I agree, this is something we desperately need. Well, maybe not desperately, but there are extreme failures in our current system that should be fixed.

That said, the ideas you've listed here are encapsulated in the idea I had in mind as well. I hadn't posted a public statement yet, namely because I didn't want to promise anything until it was done. :p But it is on the horizon.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

:werewolf:

We have a new emoji.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:19 pm :werewolf:

We have a new emoji.
Yay Marmot!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I tried it with a transparent background, but because the wolf is a light gray, it looks pretty bad on our lighter themes, so I left the background.

If anyone wants to play around with it to find a a color scheme that works, go for it!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I can't see all of the signup forums:

Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:55 am I can't see all of the signup forums:

have you tried turning it to wumbo?
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:00 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:55 am I can't see all of the signup forums:

have you tried turning it to wumbo?
What?
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer