43%

Total votes: 7
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: The Great Gatsby [Day 1]

Post by Made »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:39 pm Epi is our host.
He probably gave fake claims.
Don't make me lynch you.
I see it's apparently your turn to lynch me. Good to see you as always Wilgy.

That established, are false roles to claim that common? I've only ever got them in champians last year and I was Indy, but I haven't really played many "open"/role claims games.

Re: speedchunk, to each their own. Strategies like it have work for me in irl mafia, but regardless simmering the idea for the above reason.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Elohcin »

I don't even know what to say. The lynch ends in a few hours. I will have to vote early because I have to eat dinner and leave home around 5pm. I don't like eeny-meeny-miney-moes.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 26

Post by speedchuck »

Made wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:16 pm Strategies like it have work for me in irl mafia, but regardless simmering the idea for the above reason.
As you can probably tell from my... inventive curses last game, I'm more concerned with having fun than winning. Massclaims are anti-fun. And also, yknow, fakeclaims. If I was the mod, I'd give them.

@Rico So now we've had the gimmick, the quotes, and the OMGUS. :disappoint:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

On the note of having fun, I'm not lynching Enrique D1.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:43 pm
Made wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:16 pm Strategies like it have work for me in irl mafia, but regardless simmering the idea for the above reason.
As you can probably tell from my... inventive curses last game, I'm more concerned with having fun than winning. Massclaims are anti-fun. And also, yknow, fakeclaims. If I was the mod, I'd give them.

Epi seems like the kind of guy who would give solid fake claims too, so I'm pretty sure mafia will be covered. I'm most suspicious of Made but in the spirit of fun I'm not lynching the same guy day 1 twice in a row. I'm good on Wilgy for now (literally picked you randomly off the list). I don't want to vote for Rico but I'd be fine with a lynch there. I won't lynch Speed or Dom. So that leaves me with a few options.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:28 pm I don't want to vote for Rico
Bruh

y not
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Epi seems like the kind of guy who would give solid fake claims too, so I'm pretty sure mafia will be covered. I'm most suspicious of Made but in the spirit of fun I'm not lynching the same guy day 1 twice in a row. I'm good on Wilgy for now (literally picked you randomly off the list). I don't want to vote for Rico but I'd be fine with a lynch there. I won't lynch Speed or Dom. So that leaves me with a few options.
Are you bad? Did you get a role pm with an added fake claim? I cannot imagine epi would do this. I would think he'd leave it up to the creativity of the individual, scum or civ, to make up a fake claim to use. But...with you saying this, I'm thinking maybe he did give the baddies fake claims and you know this because you're one of them. Problem is...I don't have time to mull this over. I have to vote soon. Anyone here want to talk about this before I have to leave?
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DrWilgy »

Nice random voting
Random based on PoE?
Something smells scummy

Theres too many words
For this to be RVS
Why not Speed or Dom?

Your reasons against
Voting for some of the crew
Are not transparent.

But you'll RVS?
I understand it's day one
But your not balanced.

If you have reasons
To not vote some of us here,
You can not avoid

Having some reasons
To vote us for being scum.
Where is your reason?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Elohcin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:17 pm Are you bad? Did you get a role pm with an added fake claim? I cannot imagine epi would do this. I would think he'd leave it up to the creativity of the individual, scum or civ, to make up a fake claim to use. But...with you saying this, I'm thinking maybe he did give the baddies fake claims and you know this because you're one of them. Problem is...I don't have time to mull this over. I have to vote soon. Anyone here want to talk about this before I have to leave?
This is very backward. "I don't think epi would do this" vs "maybe he did this and you are one of them."

If Epi wouldn't do this, I'd think TSP more town for that, not knowing that it was unlikely. But, regardless, leaving fake claims to creativity is a terrible idea.

Why?

Because if I was scum and fakeclaimed cop right now, there might be an actual cop. All of the players know that there aren't two cops in the game. If the real cop then claimed, one would almost certainly be scum. So much for creativity.

Besides, what if someone currently claimed vanilla town? Then it turns out that this is role madness, and there are no vanillas. Guess who is getting lynched through no fault of their own?

That's why fakeclaims exist. Now, given, Epi may not have played many closed-setup open-claiming games. Maybe you are right. I'm just stating the reasons. But if you are right, I don't see that it implicates TSP as scum in any way, shape, or form.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DFaraday »

I'm going to have severely limited internet until Sunday so I will randomly vote Made.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Boomslang »

Dammit, can't keep posting in Gatsby quotes because I'm on the road, and poll ends while still driving. Voting TSP to force him off his self vote and because Wilgy makes good pressure points; may change if I have time to check before deadline.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Elohcin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Are you bad? Did you get a role pm with an added fake claim? I cannot imagine epi would do this. I would think he'd leave it up to the creativity of the individual, scum or civ, to make up a fake claim to use. But...with you saying this, I'm thinking maybe he did give the baddies fake claims and you know this because you're one of them. Problem is...I don't have time to mull this over. I have to vote soon. Anyone here want to talk about this before I have to leave?
Yeah, wait a minute - I wouldn't think Epi would provide claims, either. I've never seen it used in a game. Not ruling it out, but I'm also seriously doubting it's a thing here.

I'm limited on what I can post and read at a time on the road since I really do get nasty motion sickness and am already feeling it, bleck. I will say that I don't like DF's vote, mostly because I don't want Made to die Day 1 twice in a row, haha.

More later after I look at the moving objects out the window.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Don't like DF's vote either.

Also think Wilgy's pressure is hit-or-miss. Yes, TSP should provide reasons. No, having townreads does not mean you have scumreads.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I haven't played many closed setup games. Maybe only one other than this actually. If provided fake claims are the norm, then maybe that's what Epi did. I see your point.

I'm not going to vote yet. I will try to check my phone later and see what's going on. Hopefully I can. If not....I just won't vote today. I feel that's better than just voting to vote because thqt will most likely end up with a civ being lynched.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Elohcin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:57 pm will most likely end up with a civ being lynched.
TBH, that's D1 in general.

Not voting on D1 just makes people look scummy, like they were more worried about appearances than actually hunting and giving their opinion. But I empathize. D1 is a crapshoot.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Elohcin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Fake claims have been a given in most of the games I've played like this and I would see Epi as following this. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'll leave you guys who know better to determine that.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Ricochet »

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

If you're uncertain as to who we should lynch ^
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Nice random voting
Random based on PoE?
Something smells scummy

Theres too many words
For this to be RVS
Why not Speed or Dom?

Your reasons against
Voting for some of the crew
Are not transparent.

But you'll RVS?
I understand it's day one
But your not balanced.

If you have reasons
To not vote some of us here,
You can not avoid

Having some reasons
To vote us for being scum.
Where is your reason?
I don't know what RVS is. I forgot what PoE is. I don't want to vote for Rico because I still think like if he's Maf he'll straighten up and try. I won't vote for Dom because I liked his posts and they seem like what I know to be townie Dom. I won't vote for Speed because he's taking logical positions and hasn't said anything that would make me doubt his towniness yet.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

DFaraday wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:47 pm I'm going to have severely limited internet until Sunday so I will randomly vote Made.
Im fifty fifty on this. Mafia probably wouldn't have voted, so that's one thing. But randomly voting for Made seems suspect.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:14 pm I don't know what RVS is. Random Voting Stage

I forgot what PoE is. Process of Elimination

I don't want to vote for Rico because I still think like if he's Maf he'll straighten up and try. No, don't you see? That would be a tell at this point! Rico has found a way to low-stress mafia and be completely unreadable, all because we let him. Until he starts to try every game again, this unfortunate precedent WILL be used for Rico to hide amidst the mafia. Third time's the charm, right? Enough precedent has been set that I'm legit worried now.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:20 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:14 pm I don't know what RVS is. Random Voting Stage

I don't want to vote for Rico because I still think like if he's Maf he'll straighten up and try. No, don't you see? That would be a tell at this point! Rico has found a way to low-stress mafia and be completely unreadable, all because we let him. Until he starts to try every game again, this unfortunate precedent WILL be used for Rico to hide amidst the mafia. Third time's the charm, right? Enough precedent has been set that I'm legit worried now.
You are... right.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Rico and TSP probably not aligned. Decent chance one of them is scum.

Tone of TSP's reply really got me there. It felt more like "defend a townie that might get lynched for town cred" and then "Oh, an argument I can use to agree with a mislynch without being the driving factor", instead of the legit "Oh, right, rico could be scum."

Just a tone read on that reply. Ugh. Nobody is posting and I'm about to leave. Vote stays on Rico. TSP not a terrible lynch, as D1 goes. Don't lynch Made or Enrique please and thanks. Let them play a full day, sheeesh
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

How is this close to the deadline and nothing since an hour ago? I'm gonna go ahead and do this.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm not a huge fan of lynching someone based on gimmicks, but you do have a point. I'm torn between following you and going for someone lying super low (or not posting. I know people hate that, too, but I'd rather let a person play who's playing for at least one more period than having an inactive baddie get away with being silent.)

And now I've just talked myself in a circle. Stand by. About to park and not feel motion sick.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

(FYI I'm not the driver in case anyone was worried :p )
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

There are a lot of people who haven't checked into this game. Wow.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Boomslang »

Realized I didn't actually cast my vote. But I'm now more willing to vote TSP based on the policy attack on Rico. His gimmick wasn't bad last time?
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

I feel slightly better voting Rico than a shot in the dark.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I like how people want to lynch mr after literally having observed me civ-gimmicking as a Host in the previous game. First INH, now Ninja. The other two votes are pure gambler fallacies. "He's done it before, he could be bad now doing it".

Good stuff. Self-preserving myself, but since it's a 50-50 shot, I'll perhaps see you in the next one. Gimmicking yet again, you can be sure of that.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ricochet wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:49 pm I like how people want to lynch mr after literally having observed me civ-gimmicking as a Host in the previous game. First INH, now Ninja. The other two votes are pure gambler fallacies. "He's done it before, he could be bad now doing it".

Good stuff. Self-preserving myself, but since it's a 50-50 shot, I'll perhaps see you in the next one. Gimmicking yet again, you can be sure of that.
I thought the same thing.
Oh man, it would be funny
If you're a baddie.

Kinda like karma
Decides to not pay you back
For your good last game.

I do find it odd,
That you broke from your gimmick.
Are you scared Rico?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:56 pm
Ricochet wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:49 pm I like how people want to lynch mr after literally having observed me civ-gimmicking as a Host in the previous game. First INH, now Ninja. The other two votes are pure gambler fallacies. "He's done it before, he could be bad now doing it".

I thought the same thing.
Oh man, it would be funny
If you're a baddie.

Kinda like karma
Decides to not pay you back
For your good last game.

I do find it odd,
That you broke from your gimmick.
Are you scared Rico?
Just wanted to send a brief message to ninja in particular and thank for her kind, knowledgeable treatment. I couldn't care less about civs mislynching me "cuz gimmick" otherwise - but Hosts who have witnessed me... yeah...
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Epignosis »

Night 1

It turns out my friend managed a golf course in Minnesota, and was in New York, among other things, to visit an old caddie of his.

“That’s a long way to come to visit an old caddie,” I said.

“Dexter Green was a great caddie and I miss him terribly. I remember the old men used to say about him, ‘Now there’s a boy.’” My friend laughed. Again, I didn’t understand what was so humorous. Perhaps being kept in the dark regarding my friend’s jokes and my stubborn unwillingness to be brought into the light led me to smile this time instead of laugh with him.

It was about this time that a strange, shoeless fellow wandered into the restaurant. He was carrying a phonograph and he was in a hurry at that. We all stopped eating because it was clear that he wanted us to listen to something. We listened.

I didn’t mind the piece, but one of the other patrons became irate.

“That’s ‘Heartaches!’” he cried. It took me a moment to realize he wasn’t commenting on his emotional state. “That’s ‘Heartaches’ and it won’t be published for another nine years! Look mister! There’s a lady down south named Virginia Patterson Hensley who will do the song right. She isn’t born yet, but my medium knows what’s what, and Miss Hensley is going to be a star! You can’t just come in here playing second rate stuff when something better is just on the horizon!”

We stared at the angry patron, some of our mouths moving with half-chewed food still in them.

The angry patron went on. “My medium also said a certain man would interrupt my lunch, and that he would be responsible for the death of someone well-known. Five dollars says this guy helped murder Dr. T.J. Eckleburg.” This was enough to get people to put their hands on the fellow.

At last, the man with the phonograph, who had otherwise been quiet until his interrupting our lunch, pleaded with his assailants.

“I’m Ewing Klipsbringer!” he cried. “And I didn’t have anything to do with the oculist’s death. I just wanted people to hear this great music!”

But he did have something to do with it. We quickly found an inscription on the phonograph itself that said, “T.J.E.,” which was enough to convict the shoeless music lover. I am not sure how many heartaches there were in that restaurant as I sipped my coffee and watched Mr. Klipsbringer be beaten to death with the music player he had apparently stolen.

Ricochet has been lynched. He was Ewing Klipsbringer, a vanilla mafia member.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to submit your PMs.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Take that, evil piano player!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

BIH Rico
You were not the best of us
How did this happen?
Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Wow. Good job guys. Turns out I didn't have the time at VBS to check my phone. I'm going to takesomw time in the night to read rico and see if I can make any connections. I'm not sure I paid enough attention to his posts or know why he was voted for.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

It's not gambler's fallacy, it's an examination of motive. You've been gimmicking long enough that to not do it would be a tell. And, especially with this game's gimmick, it would have been 100% impossible to read you. :evileye: It's still based on chance, but letting you go this game would have been a bad move.

If you were mafia in your first or second game, you could have not gimmicked without us batting an eye. FMPOV, this was a risk that needed to be taken out early.

So don't go shaming our two tremendous hosts.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Dom »

sorry i missed the vote. i went to ikea and hit major traffic in boston with a dead phone :(

anyway--

nice result.

anyone care to explain why tsp can't be on rico's team?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

So I forgot this game had started, sorry. I won't really be able to be here much until this weekend is done, because of a food truck event. I have read nothing yet.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dom wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:34 am anyone care to explain why tsp can't be on rico's team?
IDK. TSP's responses around Rico were a little weird. I'm not as sue what it meant anymore.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Does anyone know
If I'm civilian or not?
What are you thinking?
Image Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 am
Dom wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:34 am anyone care to explain why tsp can't be on rico's team?
IDK. TSP's responses around Rico were a little weird. I'm not as sue what it meant anymore.
Because if TSP and Rico were Maf together they could have lynched someone else, old chap. Even if it would make one of them look super scummy. Also, the TSP potential distancing campaign was literally 1 post and the rest was buddying. The Rico potential distancing campaign was nonexistent.

There definitely is a world where Rico and I are w/w, but this is not that world.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:21 am Does anyone know
If I'm civilian or not?
What are you thinking?
I'm thinking civ for you. But what do I know?

Why do you ask?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:06 pm
Because if TSP and Rico were Maf together they could have lynched someone else, old chap. Even if it would make one of them look super scummy. Also, the TSP potential distancing campaign was literally 1 post and the rest was buddying. The Rico potential distancing campaign was nonexistent.

There definitely is a world where Rico and I are w/w, but this is not that world.
I'm not totally convinced.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:57 pm

But this does make sense
They could've both voted made
TSP is civ
Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:57 pm

this
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

It does make sense, Wilgy, but I've been a baddie too many times and know that you cannot just write someone off as civ just because hey say something that makes sense.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 2

After the demise of Ewing Klipsbringer the phonograph thief, my friend and I decided to go to a nearby hotel for drinks. We couldn't get in. A paranoid man stood out front demanding our attention.

"I'm telling you, the Nordic race is quite threatened! I've read all about it! It's very scientific stuff. I know the truth!"

He kept declaring how much he knew the truth.

Maybe the Nordic race was being threatened after all, since one of their number was shot on the spot.

My friend and I passed by, hoping for a better venue.

speedchuck has been killed. He was Tom Buchanan, the Lie Detector.

It is now Day 2. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Who is responsible for the death of this abstaction?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:52 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

Boomslang
No votes

Voters: None

DFaraday
No votes

Dom
No votes

DrWilgy
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

Enrique
8%

Voters: Made

Long Con
No votes

Made
8%

Voters: DFaraday

Neverwhere
No votes

nijuukyugou
No votes

Ricochet
23%

Voters: speedchuck, TonyStarkPrime, nijuukyugou

speedchuck
No votes

TonyStarkPrime
23%

Voters: Boomslang, Ricochet, DrWilgy

Dr. T. J. Eckleburg
38%

Voters: Quin, insertnamehere, JaggedJimmyJay, Epignosis, sprityo

Total votes: 13
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Saw that coming. Good luck town!
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”