Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 289
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Street Fighter II Mafia [Round 3]

Post by Tangrowth »

Speedchuck I appreciate your ISO of Malakim -- he is someone I wanted to look at yesterday but didn't get around to. I feel like I could go either way on him ATM but I would still say he seems town. I'd put him as a slight town read and I'm not jumping to lynch him but I'm listening.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I am moving my vote to Wilgy for now so he says more things. We have too many players ATM not providing any reads. Come on Wilgy, join the game and make some reads with us!

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention]
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Another random thought:

I'm trying to keep open minded at this point especially given how colossally wrong I was about Dom.

I think this is worth stressing that all of us should analyze and thoroughly consider literally every other player for our vote as much as we can before we start eliminating some from consideration.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention], my man, I'm surprised to not see a rainbow from you. You got a rainbow for me?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

BBL, won't even be phone posting for at least a few hours. Please continue to say things people!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 87

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:38 am want to place a lynch between Eloh or malakim, and to a lesser extent, MP and Blooper.
On a side note, I am 99% certain that there is at least one scumperson in these four. In a game this big, that isn't saying much, but my eagle-eye view says that with the direction this game is going, and the focus/back and forth reads between these four don't really allow for a town/town/town/town thing.
Could you elaborate on what's driving these four apart in your view? Unless you're already working on a detailed response to this question, then you can ignore it.
I was working on a detailed response, so I guess I'll just ignore it now.

All kidding aside. Eloh is not aligned with Malakim. Malakim is not aligned with MP. Some of these have anti-alignment with blooper as well. At the same time, we've had heat on all four at various points, and then it kinda fizzled. It feels like discussion talks about lynching them a bit, but near dayend someone shifts discussion to a third unrelated party and BAM! Dead townie. On second thought, I could include LC in the group.

So in short, my gut tells me there's a scum or two in here, because of:
1. Antialignments between these four
2. The way that discussion shift away from some of them at dayend without them actually becoming less suspish.
3. The results of our lynches, after focusing on different things all day, we lynch someone unrelated to this grouping.

My reasoning is never very clean. For the record, I have a town read on MP, a slight town read on malakim after the ISO, iffy scum read on Eloh (her defense on late D2 actually looked really good. Still would have voted her over Dom though) and a soon-to-be-rectified 'idunno' read on Blooper.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 90

Post by Elohcin »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:39 pm

All kidding aside. Eloh is not aligned with Malakim.
So let's lynch malakim and prove my innosence. Ive had a bad git feeling about him aince he started talking about MP and Simon, just didn't say anything because I thought he deserved the benefit of the doubt aince I don't know him yet. But I'll place my vote there at leaat for now.

I'm sorry that y'all cannot tell I'm civ. Then again, I like the fact that I'm difficult to read...I think. I have a lot going on atm and I think its messing with my game this time.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I mean, I'm in. Maybe. Looking at Blooper as I get the chance. Busy day at work.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Wow. Short ISO.

I think I feel pretty good about lynching Eloh or Malakim. If anyone in this game (looking at like half a dozen people) want to contribute today, give that a nudge. Or provide a case on LC, maybe. This ain't a five player game.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloon and LC feel different than normal. To me.

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention] Please just ISO a few people and make a vote. There's not much to catch you up on, MP's been filling the thread with thoughts and everyone else is too busy to comment or pull discussion out of it.

Is filling the thread with rambling and back-and-forth thoughts to the point that nobody can discuss everything that is brought up a scum move? :P
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

EBWOP: Don't ISO MP
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 58

Post by malakim2099 »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:51 pm EBWOP: Don't ISO MP
Work and moving makes for my brain being tapioca. Give me some time to catch up.

Also, Pathfinder I currently play a rogue.
Be the Vanguard of Destruction you want to be in the world!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

malakim2099 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:00 pm
Work and moving makes for my brain being tapioca. Give me some time to catch up.

Sounds fun. Using Path of War? Or just vanilla?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:07 pm @Sloonei, my man, I'm surprised to not see a rainbow from you. You got a rainbow for me?
I gave a preliminary rainbow here, but I've fallen behind on the thread since then. I'll hopefully be able to provide an updated version before I leave for work again tonight. As always, I will not be here for the deadline.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:02 pm
malakim2099 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:00 pm

Sounds fun. Using Path of War? Or just vanilla?
Vanilla. Actually, it's not the core Pathfinder setting but a different campaign world the GM has. Though right now my favorite RPG game would have to be a Force and Destiny FFG game where I play a Sith during the SWTOR timeframe. I do a LOT of RPGs.

Work will be over soon for the week. Then I shall do some packing and read the thread in more detail after some cat cuddlng. Right now everything is looking like Wingdings in this game to my stressed and lightly-baked-and-seasoned-with-herbs brain.

Or to quote Machine Man.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Re: Street Fighter II Mafia [Round 2]

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:31 am I was hoping I'd have time for more ISOs but my brain is fried and sentences are getting harder to type. I'm intrigued by the sudden developments between Dom & MP and I look forward to some follow up from and about them. I am still inclined to read MP as town, but his strong reaction against Dom stands out a lot. I'd like to hear more from Dom before I offer a read on him. Give me lots of stuff to read over breakfast tomorrow, folks.
To clarify: Do you find my sudden Dom suspicion suspicious? The "but" indicates that it's a reason you wouldn't be reading me as town.
That sort of strong response always strikes me as something that could be fabricated, but in this case I still do not see scumminess in your gameplay, at least up to page 15.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Caught up on two pages. Not sure how many more to go, but I'm truckin' along. I should develop some actual reads after that, but for now, I need to GTFO of work.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:09 pm Sorry guys, ended up getting home really late. Mafia was a lot more doable when I was a student. Haven't had time to properly read up.

My suspects remain the same, but I haven't read many of MP's long posts or looked at anything in detail. I'm plopping my vote on the sloon for being relitavely limp. I feel like his prods for people to elaborate their posts define his posting history rather than a drive to actually find scum, which i'm sure I've noticed in your scum game before.

his responses to my accusations are also quite tell-tale in my opinion. When I accuse him of acting scummily and like a previous incarnation of his scummy self back in aol mafia his response was:

"Would you say that this is an accurate description of my posts in this game?"

This timid defense doesn't remind me of a man who KNOWS he's town. Neither does the later "How am I playing _now_?" As if he's seen that he's been too timid and is looking for validation as to his town performance. If you're town sloon, you don't need to ask me how you're playing.

I'm tunnel visioning today because I'd rather bake one read that my gut feels strongly about than half bake several.

Will try and actually play properly tomorrow. If work's slow I'm sure I'll write a few essays and iso some people.
I am not seeking validation from you, I am seeking elaboration. You initially referenced a past game of mine as basis to suspect me, but presented nothing to suggest that I was demonstrating any similar behavior here. I like substantiated arguments. I don't object to a little tunnel vision now and then though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:27 pm I already stated that I believe at least one pwrson from the other site (new-to-the syndicate) is probably mafia. Seeing as a new-to-us member has now been killed so early, it only reinforces this theory. Syndicaters havw nwvee been very comfortable with killing of new people this quickly.

I know diiny is new. Is malak also from the other mafia site and playing here for the first time?
I like this thought. On the other hand, everything else Eloh has been saying up to here is setting off my sirengif.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Pages are longer than they used to be and it's throwing off my timing as I try to catch up. I won't have as much time as I was hoping before I have to leave. I feel dumb. I apologize for the 1000th time this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Diiny »

It's bedtime in 20 minutes. Who's getting my vote?
nijuukyugou wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:35 pm Caught up on two pages. Not sure how many more to go, but I'm truckin' along. I should develop some actual reads after that, but for now, I need to GTFO of work.
gun to head name 4 scum players. bam bam bam bam. no thinking.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:46 pm Random thought:

If either Elo or Blooper is bad, GTH I would say Blooper.
Why? I'd go in the opposite direction.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei replaced into Phenon, right? He did really well despite that, and never read the entire thread. :ponder:

linki: me 2 tho
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

MP brought the fire when he responded to me barging into the thread at (my) lunchtime, and it made me feel a tad better about him. Makes his politeness with comments like "I appreciate you trying to initiate discussion" stand out and seem a tad forced and relationship-maintainy. Maybe you're just polite.

Still a long way to go before he's off the hook for his day 1 in my books, though.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:33 pm Sloonei replaced into Phenon, right? He did really well despite that, and never read the entire thread. :ponder:

linki: me 2 tho
I don't like playing catch up when I have an overwhelming amount to read, but this wasn't overwhelming.
I'm caught up now, but about to go get supper. I'll place a vote on Eloh for now, and I'll have a little bit of time to figure out whether or not I like that decision afterwards. She stood out the most to me as I was reading just now, but I also owe malakim a more thorough look. I don't think I'll have time for that today though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

This post from Eloh was the single most suspicious thing I saw in my catch up just now. It again looks like she is seizing the opportunity to start tilting some suspicion against Dom once that case starts to gain momentum. I also felt like her Blooper Nap theory was reaching and perhaps opportunistic.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I reread sloonei's post history.

The number of townie vibes he gets from people on day 1 is staggering. To the point where he puts malakim in the bottom-most segment of his rainbow by virtue as him not being as townie as everyone else rather than his own scumminess.

And every time he uncovers something that would sirengif me, he seems to let it go relivately easily, rarely reflecting it in his reads. There's also an inconsistency between what he says he's thinking at some points and his rainbows and actual behaviour. I'm gonna actually format a post 1 sec
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DFaraday »

Placing a vote on Ninja until I can catch up later.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:22 pm I don't object to your interpretation of events, @MovingPictures07, but I need to hear Dom explain himself a bit better before I put him on the chopping block. He's made an assertion which has gone unsubstantiated to this point. It's certainly possible that you're a liar. I'd like to hear how he came to this conclusion.

That said, I'm not sure I'll be around when the time comes. I am once again working tonight, so I'll miss the deadline. I swear I'm going to be here for a deadline eventually.

I'd also still like to hear from Niju, or any thoughts people might have about this post I made last night.
Does it strike you as realistic that the author of those words in bold underlined italics would the put a certainly possible liar as his literal top read, and then the other person involved who he needs to hear more from before RIGHT at the bottom?
Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:34 pm A loose rainbow

MovingPictures

dunya
Speedchuck
diiny
Elohcin
Long Con

JJJ
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Simon

malakim
Dom
niju

MP is my top town read and dunya's not far behind. I like what I've seen from speedchuck and diiny but I need to see more of it, especially in diiny's case. He got off to a hot start but has faded a bit. I'm eager to hear his expanded thoughts later. Eloh and LC are GTH reads. I never read them as well as some of the more seasoned Syndicate veterans, but for the moment I don't feel like either of them are lying to me.
I lumped Jay and Simon in with our two silent players because :shrug: . Jay did standard Jay things when he was here, but that doesn't tell me anything, and I'm not sure how to read Simon.
malakim has answered my first round of questions well enough, but in the absence of any stronger suspects he makes it to the light orange part of my rainbow. His initial read of Elohcin struck me as a fine bit of waffling. Dom needs to answer some things, and I've shared my little bit of thoughts on ninja blooper already, awaiting response.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

DFaraday wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:50 pm Placing a vote on Ninja until I can catch up later.
you'll do more good to town for quickly explaining why before catching up. a small paragraph, just your thoughts on why they're scum.
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:27 pm I already stated that I believe at least one pwrson from the other site (new-to-the syndicate) is probably mafia. Seeing as a new-to-us member has now been killed so early, it only reinforces this theory. Syndicaters havw nwvee been very comfortable with killing of new people this quickly.

I know diiny is new. Is malak also from the other mafia site and playing here for the first time?
Um, if you had been reading my posts, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it repeatedly. Seriously?
Diiny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 am

this theory strikes me as ridiculous.

"the most unanimously town-read player gets nightkilled by the mafia and flips town, and she had clear reads against some people that can lead to wifomy goodness on the event of her death and town reveal. There's no WAY mafia would kill her!"

I don't see a townie bothering to make a post this baseless. this is faux-scumhunting, and it's an attempt to throw shade at people for nothing.

btw I've never played with dunya either lol.
See, if you want to get meta on me and go read a bunch of games on the other side that I've played in? I'd buy that meta. But just saying, "well, player X is probably mafia because RNGesus is gonna make sure one person from that other site is mafia" is lazy thinking to me.
Diiny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 am
malakim2099 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:36 pm * Elohcin, I think, is my primary candidate for scumminess. I don't like her dedication to self-preservation. I mean, if I'm reading the rules correctly, specifically rule #4?
As much as I don't like elo atm (hopefully more on that soon) this doesn't make sense. And elo actually responded to this well iirc.

Malakim, townies *know* they're town. It's a 100% chance. They die, that's a townie out of the game and the mafia win condition lurches closer. Now, even if you *really think* the guy on an alternate wagon to yours, who'd survive if you don't vote for him, is town, that's still a less than 100% chance of keeping a townie in the game. It always makes sense to preserve yourself.

I'm worried that your shunning of self-preservationist tactics is a symptom of you being scum. You're not in a mindset of "i KNOW i'm town, in elo's situation I would save myself too."
Let me clarify this point. Yes, a townie knows their town and should keep themselves alive. However, it seems like Elo is ONLY doing this. They are playing far too defensively with "Oh this is a total frame job!" after N1, and just feels like they aren't seeking out scummers so much as trying to avoid getting lynched. And that really bothers me.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:26 am Im here. Someone catch me up.
Glad you're okay!

Lemme explain... wait, no, there is too much. Let me sum up. Actually, I'm sure someone else got to that by this point...
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:38 am Players Dunya suspected: LC, Blooper, and malakim
So if there's silencing motive in there, it's with these.

I really hate that I wasn't around for dayend yesterday. And that I didn't vote when I thought I did. Hrg. I currently want to place a lynch between Eloh or malakim, and to a lesser extent, MP and Blooper.

Why those four? Because we can lynch and get some freaking information. Dom and Bass weren't linked to anybody in any way. Their reads/actions were basically isolated. Our lynches have sucked this game. I'm going to do some ISO stuff today. Nothing big to put in thread, probably, unless I find a case to make. I just want some better reads.
Speedchuck gets it. I like that.

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] I am answering your request in a separate post because this is Wall of Text enough as it is.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Elohcin wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:30 pm

So let's lynch malakim and prove my innosence. Ive had a bad git feeling about him aince he started talking about MP and Simon, just didn't say anything because I thought he deserved the benefit of the doubt aince I don't know him yet. But I'll place my vote there at leaat for now.

I'm sorry that y'all cannot tell I'm civ. Then again, I like the fact that I'm difficult to read...I think. I have a lot going on atm and I think its messing with my game this time.
in what universe do you not at least air a greivance with someone just because they're new? no reason you couldn't call someone out on something scummy and then add caveat saying you don't know them well. I mean the way this is phrased is weird, too; being uncertain of a read because you don't have one thing, but giving someone the benefit of the doubt, ie, somehow assuming their newness is reflective of innocence, seems weird.

This seems like an attempt to legitimize your sudden approval of a malakim vote to get the heat off of you. "oh no guys I totally suspected him from the beginning, honest."
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

malakim2099 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:53 pm
Diiny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 am

this theory strikes me as ridiculous.

"the most unanimously town-read player gets nightkilled by the mafia and flips town, and she had clear reads against some people that can lead to wifomy goodness on the event of her death and town reveal. There's no WAY mafia would kill her!"

I don't see a townie bothering to make a post this baseless. this is faux-scumhunting, and it's an attempt to throw shade at people for nothing.

btw I've never played with dunya either lol.
See, if you want to get meta on me and go read a bunch of games on the other side that I've played in? I'd buy that meta. But just saying, "well, player X is probably mafia because RNGesus is gonna make sure one person from that other site is mafia" is lazy thinking to me.
I think you misinterpreted my post.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:22 pm I don't object to your interpretation of events, @MovingPictures07, but I need to hear Dom explain himself a bit better before I put him on the chopping block. He's made an assertion which has gone unsubstantiated to this point. It's certainly possible that you're a liar. I'd like to hear how he came to this conclusion.

That said, I'm not sure I'll be around when the time comes. I am once again working tonight, so I'll miss the deadline. I swear I'm going to be here for a deadline eventually.

I'd also still like to hear from Niju, or any thoughts people might have about this post I made last night.
Does it strike you as realistic that the author of those words in bold underlined italics would the put a certainly possible liar as his literal top read, and then the other person involved who he needs to hear more from before RIGHT at the bottom?
Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:34 pm A loose rainbow

MovingPictures

dunya
Speedchuck
diiny
Elohcin
Long Con

JJJ
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Simon

malakim
Dom
niju

MP is my top town read and dunya's not far behind. I like what I've seen from speedchuck and diiny but I need to see more of it, especially in diiny's case. He got off to a hot start but has faded a bit. I'm eager to hear his expanded thoughts later. Eloh and LC are GTH reads. I never read them as well as some of the more seasoned Syndicate veterans, but for the moment I don't feel like either of them are lying to me.
I lumped Jay and Simon in with our two silent players because :shrug: . Jay did standard Jay things when he was here, but that doesn't tell me anything, and I'm not sure how to read Simon.
malakim has answered my first round of questions well enough, but in the absence of any stronger suspects he makes it to the light orange part of my rainbow. His initial read of Elohcin struck me as a fine bit of waffling. Dom needs to answer some things, and I've shared my little bit of thoughts on ninja blooper already, awaiting response.
These were my reads at the time. Reads are always fluid and can always change. If something were to come about which would prompt me to see MP as a liar (you seem strongly convinced that he is, so please share where that's coming from when you can), I'd be likely to move him down my list. I've stated why I read him as town though, and that has not changed much since. Dom was at the bottom by virtue of process of elimination and him lacking anything that clearly separated him as a town-read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Diiny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:57 pm
Elohcin wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:30 pm

This seems like an attempt to legitimize your sudden approval of a malakim vote to get the heat off of you. "oh no guys I totally suspected him from the beginning, honest."
Agreeing with more words here.

If Malakim turned up town, we could lynch Eloh. Problem with that is, barring role shenanigans, we only have 2 mislynches left. Eloh saying "Oh, lynch malakim to prove my innocence" could backfire if malakim is town, but hey, that's one mislynch wasted. Then we're in MYLO. Eloh will have done plenty enough to secure her team before getting lynched.

Sure, we need info today, but we also need a likely scum lynch. And I feel better about malakim than Eloh.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Diiny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 am
malakim2099 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:36 pm * Elohcin, I think, is my primary candidate for scumminess. I don't like her dedication to self-preservation. I mean, if I'm reading the rules correctly, specifically rule #4?
As much as I don't like elo atm (hopefully more on that soon) this doesn't make sense. And elo actually responded to this well iirc.

Malakim, townies *know* they're town. It's a 100% chance. They die, that's a townie out of the game and the mafia win condition lurches closer. Now, even if you *really think* the guy on an alternate wagon to yours, who'd survive if you don't vote for him, is town, that's still a less than 100% chance of keeping a townie in the game. It always makes sense to preserve yourself.

I'm worried that your shunning of self-preservationist tactics is a symptom of you being scum. You're not in a mindset of "i KNOW i'm town, in elo's situation I would save myself too."
Let me clarify this point. Yes, a townie knows their town and should keep themselves alive. However, it seems like Elo is ONLY doing this. They are playing far too defensively with "Oh this is a total frame job!" after N1, and just feels like they aren't seeking out scummers so much as trying to avoid getting lynched. And that really bothers me. [/quote]

Well clarified. I completely agree with that. That's not behaviour I would classify as self-preservationist (such as my vote example) as much as it is defensive, inward looking and self-obsessed. The best way to defend yourself is always to catch scum.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:47 pm I reread sloonei's post history.

The number of townie vibes he gets from people on day 1 is staggering. To the point where he puts malakim in the bottom-most segment of his rainbow by virtue as him not being as townie as everyone else rather than his own scumminess.
Again, yes. That's generally how I approach Day 1. It's every bit as important to establish town reads as it is to establish scum reads. The absence of a town read on a player means something when there are an abundance of other town reads to go around. I don't see what's objectionable about this.
And every time he uncovers something that would sirengif me, he seems to let it go relivately easily, rarely reflecting it in his reads. There's also an inconsistency between what he says he's thinking at some points and his rainbows and actual behaviour. I'm gonna actually format a post 1 sec
Go on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:03 pm These were my reads at the time. Reads are always fluid and can always change. If something were to come about which would prompt me to see MP as a liar (you seem strongly convinced that he is, so please share where that's coming from when you can), I'd be likely to move him down my list. I've stated why I read him as town though, and that has not changed much since. Dom was at the bottom by virtue of process of elimination and him lacking anything that clearly separated him as a town-read.
they were like minutes apart. they can't have changed that much in between those two posts lol
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:04 pm Sure, we need info today, but we also need a likely scum lynch. And I feel better about malakim than Eloh.
Better as in more likely to be town or more likely to be scum? :smoky: :smoky: :smoky:
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:06 pm

Again, yes. That's generally how I approach Day 1. It's every bit as important to establish town reads as it is to establish scum reads. The absence of a town read on a player means something when there are an abundance of other town reads to go around. I don't see what's objectionable about this.
If it's ever bit as important, why is it 90% town reading and 10% scum reading? there's a massively disproportionate amount of townreading, something which is VERY easy to do as scum. VERY.
Go on.
I gave you an example already re: elo's I WOULD GET SHOT DOWN comment that you pressed her on. But I'll find another.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:03 pm These were my reads at the time. Reads are always fluid and can always change. If something were to come about which would prompt me to see MP as a liar (you seem strongly convinced that he is, so please share where that's coming from when you can), I'd be likely to move him down my list. I've stated why I read him as town though, and that has not changed much since. Dom was at the bottom by virtue of process of elimination and him lacking anything that clearly separated him as a town-read.
they were like minutes apart. they can't have changed that much in between those two posts lol
I'm confused.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:09 pm

If it's ever bit as important, why is it 90% town reading and 10% scum reading? there's a massively disproportionate amount of townreading, something which is VERY easy to do as scum. VERY.
Go on.
I gave you an example already re: elo's I WOULD GET SHOT DOWN comment that you pressed her on. But I'll find another.
There are more townies than scum players in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny, tell me what you think of Long Con.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I know in my heart you're scum, sloon. you're my #1 scumspect, followed by elo.

Looks like elo is a more realistic lynch, though. So placing my vote there for now.

Finding that evidence now.

linki- sloon I'm accusing you of calling MP a potential liar and saying you wouldn't put dom on the block just yet and then putting them at the top and bottom of your rainbow respectively minutes later. Ill-developed, disingenuous rainbow/reads. No strong opinions. Combined with timidness I've discussed, over-reliance on quick town-reading on day 1 and what I'm seeing as attempts for validation throughout your ph it's scummy.

what u finkin
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:11 pm

Go on.
Even if your crazy high ratio were more like 66% (or whatever would be in line with 2:1 I'm bad with maths and I'm tired) you don't find scum by telling them you think they're town. Unless you're 100% accruate in your doling out of townity you're putting very little pressure on anyone. You're not helping find scum. It's safe. It's scummy.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:13 pm I know in my heart you're scum, sloon. you're my #1 scumspect, followed by elo.

Looks like elo is a more realistic lynch, though. So placing my vote there for now.

Finding that evidence now.

linki- sloon I'm accusing you of calling MP a potential liar and saying you wouldn't put dom on the block just yet and then putting them at the top and bottom of your rainbow respectively minutes later. Ill-developed, disingenuous rainbow/reads. No strong opinions. Combined with timidness I've discussed, over-reliance on quick town-reading on day 1 and what I'm seeing as attempts for validation throughout your ph it's scummy.

what u finkin
Everyone's a potential liar in this game. But everyone's also more likely to be town than scum. MovingPictures is not a 100% confirmed townie, thus he is a potential liar. However, I think he is town, thus he is at the top of my rainbow. Dom had done nothing to stand out as a townie. Others had. Thus Dom was near the bottom of my list.

I believe that you believe I am scum, so that's good. I'm more interested in your other reads right now though. I have to leave in ~10 minutes so I can't stick around to discuss things with you or anyone else, but please share whatever you can. That goes for everyone. My schedule is opening up this weekend, so I should have more time to dig into this thing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:12 pm Diiny, tell me what you think of Long Con.
Guy's gone under my radar again. I keep forgetting he's playing tbh. He's getting a serious ISO tomorrow. As is speedchuck tbh; I haven't iso'd him either but he's not a priority as he hasn't set me off yet.
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 am Can you make a strong (or just detailed) case on someone you suspect?
If Eloh is scum, who do you think is scum with her? Other than maybe Simon?
What class do you play in Pathfinder?
malakim

Moderate Townies:
Speed
Diiny

Slight Townies:
Long Con
Sloonei
nijuukyugou
MP

No idea:
JJJ*
Wilgy*

Moderate Mafia:
DF
Simon
Elohcin

Eloh is being way too defensive for my tastes. Reiterating my point, I know, but I don't like townies that are more concerned (to me) about staying alive than finding scum. Examples:
Elohcin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:54 am
Elohcin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:48 am Frame job for sure.
Who framed you?
Someone who is reading enough of the thread to be able to know JoH thought I'm bad. But also someone who thought it was a possibility that other players would believe the frame job as true. Who could that be?
Elohcin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm Night kill analysis is not my forte. I've been scum twice in like three years. But I am intrigued by your suggestion that you were framed, Eloh. Do you feel that you were definitely framed, or are you merely suggesting it as a possibility because somebody else brought it up?
Its what I immediately thought when reading the results last night. But I didn't say anything because I figured people would shoot down the idea and just claim I was bad.
But... then elo just said it? This really reads like the "No I'm not silly enough to nightkill JoH night 1 I was framed!" thing. And to this point no one had really accused her of anything from what I could see.
Elohcin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:44 pm Thats the shortest nap I've ever seen.
And then there's the Napping Blooper thing. (BlooperNapGate?) I understand people like to read the meta, but this is just a REALLY big stretch to me. I mean, what, Blooper is suspicious because... they couldn't really do more than a catnap for 15 minutes if that? It just seems like this is really reaching to me. I mean, other people are going about posting styles and the like... but the short nap is a clincher? :shrug:
Elohcin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:19 pm Go find her posts. Have you heard of anyone taking a nap, catching up on over 24 hours of mafia, and writing a post in about 40 minutes?
Don't like the fact that she said "go find the posts" and didn't quote them. It's not that hard to quote it to help your case.

In regards to DFaraday getting upgraded to moderate mafia on my list... I would be okay with them voting for Dom by mistake I think. But then they pretty much do the exact same thing to Blooper. Didn't quote those posts because they haven't posted that much just yet aside from "voting for this person."

Folks that want Blooper out? Please explain the logic behind it without citing naps. For now, voting Elohcin because I'm thinking she's the most logical target. To me anyway. I don't know if I'll be back with moving stuff and driving tonight before the day ends.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:11 pm

Go on.
Even if your crazy high ratio were more like 66% (or whatever would be in line with 2:1 I'm bad with maths and I'm tired) you don't find scum by telling them you think they're town. Unless you're 100% accruate in your doling out of townity you're putting very little pressure on anyone. You're not helping find scum. It's safe. It's scummy.
I am capable of changing my mind. But since we're onto this subject, I fully expect at least one of my Neutral reads to be on the scum team (DFaraday, Wilgy, Jay, Simon). I get too many town vibes (sorry) from the vocal players for that group to be free of darkness.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

JJJ and Wilgy are "No Idea" on my list because JJJ is absent and looking to be replaced, while Wilgy hasn't been on to post anything until today. If I'm right about my other reads, I think one of those two might be the last scum. Anyway, off to do more packing and a lot of driving. Will try to be back before the phase ends, but no promises.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”