38%

Total votes: 21
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: The Search for Quin [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

I felt like Epignosis' reactions were way more suspicious than my reaction to them. I don't understand why you ignore my points about his reactions and just vote for me instead.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 196
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:44 pm I felt like Epignosis' reactions were way more suspicious than my reaction to them. I don't understand why you ignore my points about his reactions and just vote for me instead.
So you admit there is some degree of suspicious behavior around your posts?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:44 pm I felt like Epignosis' reactions were way more suspicious than my reaction to them. I don't understand why you ignore my points about his reactions and just vote for me instead.
The past three or four times you have been bad, you've done this very thing: Manufacturing a narrative for my actions or reactions that isn't true.

I made the mistake of waving that off once or twice, citing recency bias to myself. Surely LC wouldn't keep doing the same things over and over when he is bad.

Now it's a pattern. This is just what you do when you are bad.
Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:33 am
nutella wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:11 am Epi vs LC, aka "El Clásico"
I know, right? :omg: I mean, I was just joking around... but Epi's reaction! I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say he totally freaked out. He demanded four times that I substantiate my claims, then he throws out a weak-ass OMGUS, and then demands opinions from everyone on it.

Not to mention he completely ignored Wilgy, who also made a very similar joke. I guess he understood that Wilgy's post was a joke, but not mine. This is unexpectedly juicy Night 0 stuff!
You first:
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:48 pm I'm not entirely sure I understand the Quin-searching thing, but I'll vote Queensland if that's the thing.
Then me:
Epignosis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:51 pm I suspect MP for his gregarious posting.

I suspect LC for his comment above. Does anyone understand the Quin-searching thing? If he doesn't understand it, why is he voting for the trendy choice?

I suspect Quin will get destroyed next time too.
Then you:
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 pm Epi's trying too hard. Usually he's bad when he does that.
So explain what exactly is a "weak-ass OMGUS" here.

I remain amazed that my naming MP and you as my initial suspects on Day 0 followed by a Quin joke constitutes "trying too hard."

I mean, for this to be a genuine opinion of yours, the level of effort I must put forth when I am a civilian has to be somewhere just north of the players who never even open their role PMs.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: The Search for Quin [Night 0]

Post by Sloonei »

I know, right? :omg: I mean, I was just joking around... but Epi's reaction! I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say he totally freaked out. He demanded four times that I substantiate my claims, then he throws out a weak-ass OMGUS, and then demands opinions from everyone on it.

Not to mention he completely ignored Wilgy, who also made a very similar joke. I guess he understood that Wilgy's post was a joke, but not mine. This is unexpectedly juicy Night 0 stuff!
I fail to see how any of the behavior described here is suspicious.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:01 am
The past three or four times you have been bad, you've done this very thing: Manufacturing a narrative for my actions or reactions that isn't true.

I made the mistake of waving that off once or twice, citing recency bias to myself. Surely LC wouldn't keep doing the same things over and over when he is bad.

You first:
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:48 pm I'm not entirely sure I understand the Quin-searching thing, but I'll vote Queensland if that's the thing.
Then me:
Epignosis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:51 pm I suspect MP for his gregarious posting.

I suspect LC for his comment above. Does anyone understand the Quin-searching thing? If he doesn't understand it, why is he voting for the trendy choice?

Then you:
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 pm Epi's trying too hard. Usually he's bad when he does that.
So explain what exactly is a "weak-ass OMGUS" here.
That's a good point, I forgot about the initial exchange when I said that.
I remain amazed that my naming MP and you as my initial suspects on Day 0 followed by a Quin joke constitutes "trying too hard."

I mean, for this to be a genuine opinion of yours, the level of effort I must put forth when I am a civilian has to be somewhere just north of the players who never even open their role PMs.
Yes, that makes sense, and supports the fact that I was just joking around.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:17 am

I guess we'll see.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh, and also:
Epignosis wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:01 am

Fake news. These are not real facts.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:46 am
Epignosis wrote:I remain amazed that my naming MP and you as my initial suspects on Day 0 followed by a Quin joke constitutes "trying too hard."

Epignosis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:13 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:11 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:10 pm
So I'm normally a lazy civilian?
Sorry, not falling for that.
Falling for what?

You said I'm trying too hard, and that I'm usually bad when I do that.

I think that's silly.

When I am a civilian, what do I look like?
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:43 pm You're allowed to think it's silly. I won't try to stop you.
You weren't joking.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:56 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:46 am
Epignosis wrote:I remain amazed that my naming MP and you as my initial suspects on Day 0 followed by a Quin joke constitutes "trying too hard."

Epignosis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:13 pm
Falling for what?

You said I'm trying too hard, and that I'm usually bad when I do that.

I think that's silly.

When I am a civilian, what do I look like?
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:43 pm You're allowed to think it's silly. I won't try to stop you.
You weren't joking.
That's crazy talk. My last quote you isolated is an indicator that it's not serious. How can that not be clear?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:47 am

I guess we'll see.
You were supposed to convince me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

I guess we'll see.
I don't have a lot to say about it that I haven't already said. It's not like there's a huge volume of work to discuss. I think Epi's four-time insistence is excessive, and it stands as one of the most suspicious things I have seen thus far in the game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Let me try again.

LC, you said, "Sorry, not falling for that."

I asked "Falling for what?"

You didn't answer.

You answered Sloonei, and your answer implied that your accusation of me (that I try too hard when I'm bad) was not a joke.
Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:12 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:42 am What were you unwilling to fall for?
Some sort of labour-intensive Epi-history-search to prove exactly how he acts as a Civ or a baddie.
How could you "fall" for "some sort of labour-intensive Epi-history-search to prove" how I act when I'm good or bad if the entire premise was a joke that only you were mindful of?

To put it another way, you made a claim that you say was a joke (namely that I try too hard when I'm bad). When I responded in a way that indicated that I was not privy to the joke, that would mean I was the one falling for something. How could you "fall" for something if you were the only one in on the fact that you were joking?

None of that makes sense.

Do you know what I think does make sense?

You were either drinking or tired or both.

When I asked "Falling for what?" you had a chance to explain you were joking and that I was getting my panties in a knot over nothing. I don't think you were joking. I think that was a narrative you invented later when your mind had perhaps regained clarity.

That evening, you only said to me, "You're allowed to think it's silly. I won't try to stop you" which to me is not indicative that you were joking. Quite the opposite, rather. It's ambiguous at best. That was at 11:43pm EST.

I think you were not of a mind to come up with the response you gave Sloonei some twelve hours later. :smoky:

Even at first, you dodged the meat of the question:
Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:39 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:19 am
What were you afraid to fall for here, LC?
Afraid?
That was at 10:39am EST.

Three minutes later, Sloonei rephrased:
Exactly thirty minutes later, you gave a direct answer:
Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:12 am
Some sort of labour-intensive Epi-history-search to prove exactly how he acts as a Civ or a baddie.
It is a response that sounds all right, but doesn't make sense if your own original thought process was that your accusation of me was not meant to be taken seriously.

I wonder what barred you from this clear answer about twelve hours before when I asked you what you would be falling for.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:35 am Let me try again.

LC, you said, "Sorry, not falling for that."

I asked "Falling for what?"

You didn't answer.
Answering would have been akin to "falling for it". Part of what bars me from "falling for it" is posts like this one from you, so it looks like I ended up falling for it after all, because here we are. You dove on this like a hungry dog and chewed it apart so I don't even recognize it anymore, and you are coming to conclusions that are the opposite of what I think the evidence shows. What bars me from the clearer answer is this. Too exhausting, and too frustrating when people actually believe your crap.

Nothing you feel like saying about the Fake News, for instance?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:49 pm

If any post produces suspicion against Long Con, it's this one. I agree with Speedchuck that there is an impression of backtracking here in his "I was joking" stance. It may be the case that he was just playfully poking at Epi initially, but the way this post is constructed gives me the impression that he is seizing on the existing backlash against Epi's response to turn it willfully into a bandwagon.
"Seizing on the existing backlash"?

As far as I know, I was the only existing backlash. :ponder:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:55 pm

I don't like the tone of this post. Sounds like you are trying to make him look bad without engaging him yourself.
I'm supposed to want to engage Epi? What good will that do?
That is not the point. The point is that your post felt manipulative to me.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ricochet »

Did'ya folks find Quin?

Want to send him a package...

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

How is it manipulative? Is there something untrue in it? I'm looking at it right now and it's a direct accounting of what happened.

And yet you have no problem with this entirely made-up post:
Epignosis wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:01 amThe past three or four times you have been bad, you've done this very thing: Manufacturing a narrative for my actions or reactions that isn't true.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:00 am How is it manipulative? Is there something untrue in it? I'm looking at it right now and it's a direct accounting of what happened.

And yet you have no problem with this entirely made-up post:
Epignosis wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:01 amThe past three or four times you have been bad, you've done this very thing: Manufacturing a narrative for my actions or reactions that isn't true.

My intention was to use today pretending you were off the poll in order to consider other avenues of thought, but since you continue insisting that I am making this all up, I have no problem "falling for it" (i.e., taking a labor-intensive search through your posts to demonstrate that what I am saying is true).
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I already looked, and I couldn't find what you say is there. Are you sure you're remembering correctly? I found one game where I was bad and you were good - Barry Lyndon, I think - and I didn't even engage you in any real way at all as far as I could tell.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Nutella hasn't said anything since this post. What do you have to say, nutella?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 44

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:23 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:46 pm Since I was asked...

Epig strikes me as good for now. Only thing that makes me wonder is how he suspects MP for his large amounts of posting (which is pretty normal for him last time I checked), but then says his "friendliness always strikes me as false".

LC is....god knows what. I've given up on early reads on him.

As for my initial post, I'd rather get that kind of information out in the open early on and let people decide what they want to do with it. Some will believe me and some won't for sure. But it also helps start to generate some initial discussion when there is nothing to go off of.
Were you telling the truth?
Yep. Why would I lie about such a thing?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The Night 0 post indicated that Queensland was the wrong choice.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

How about this for a plan then? We lynch you today for your backtracking. If you flip civ, then we lynch Epig on Day 2 since he was clearly egging you on and trying to start something! :D
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Perfect plan, just reverse the lynch order and it has the best chance of being good for the Civs.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:01 pm "Stop and ask for directions, bwt."

"Don't need 'em. I have the GPS."

:rolleyes:
That's just your opinion.

I found a great vacation home so it was worth it! :nicenod:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I missed responding to this:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:01 am
So you admit there is some degree of suspicious behavior around your posts?
I do not. However, from a neutral perspective, each and every post in the game can be given some sort of suspicion-level rating. Looking at Epi and myself from a neutral perspective, it doesn't make sense to me to decide that my behaviour was more suspicious than his. Like, there's no contest here.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Well I'm still of the opinion that it's a neutral vs. neutral argument here.

Can you sum up in like 2-3 sentences why you think Epig could be bad while I go back and re-read?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

These are the first 5 posts of how this whole thing started FWIW:

That colors my opinion a bit more clearly looking back on how it started.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Since votes are changeable, I'm going to go ahead and put mine on Long Con for now. But since it's still early on Day 1, it's a very weak baddie read right now, but looking back at the initial start I feel like LC looks more bad than Epig.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm here. I swear I am. Ok, maybe I just showed up. Maybe I haven't read anything yet. Maybe...

I am going to get a shower and then catch up.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:36 am Since votes are changeable, I'm going to go ahead and put mine on Long Con for now. But since it's still early on Day 1, it's a very weak baddie read right now, but looking back at the initial start I feel like LC looks more bad than Epig.
So you agree with Epi that voting Queensland was suspicious of me to do?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:56 am
Nutella hasn't said anything since this post. What do you have to say, nutella?
I haven't really had the time to closely follow the argument against LC, but I am generally hesitant to suspect him in situations like this (mainly because I often side with him and/or against Epi in drawn-out arguments). I'll try to reread the thread this evening and see where I stand.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 65

Post by speedchuck »

I've got a town read on Epi. Could currently go either way for LC. Looking forward to Epi's meta analysis of LC's previous scum behavior.

-The thread is only 4 pages long, which means MP is probably scum.

-Spacedaisy and nutella are checking in and promising later content. If they don't deliver it, I'm going to see about lynching them.

-Do not like BWT's plan. I feel like we'd have better than 50% odds of lynching two townies with that.

-BWT himself seems to be at a lack for original content. Looking at his recent 4 posts, we have:
A jokey off-topic post, a post that puts LC and Epi as 'neutral' town, quotes of the start of the LC/Epi convo, and a weak vote on LC. Then back before that BWT had a post that almost word-for-word agreed with MP.
All of BWT's posts, except for the ones about info (that was obviously false), have been quotes, OT jokes, and near-exact parroting.

-Sloon and Epi look good to me. Those are my town reads.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

With classic BWT style and grace. I don't like it.

BWT, you state that LC is more bad than Epi. Why? Is LC's baddieness relative to Epi's the determining factor on him being scum? What about those who haven't been here? Like me, Quin, who for some reason you all are looking for.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:57 am With classic BWT style and grace. I don't like it.
Does anyone have a way I can get a meta on BWT?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:57 am With classic BWT style and grace. I don't like it.

BWT, you state that LC is more bad than Epi. Why? Is LC's baddieness relative to Epi's the determining factor on him being scum? What about those who haven't been here? Like me, Quin, who for some reason you all are looking for.
I would ask you the same question, Wilgy. What do you think of the less-talked-about people?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:01 pm
Does anyone have a way I can get a meta on BWT?
MP does, probably. I've only played sporadically with him over the years, so I don't have a solid meta read on him either. I have not been putting a tremendous amount of stock in his Night 0 infoclaim, but I suppose it could be concerning given that similar info manipulation on Day/Night 0 has been used in the past. But our Host was not here when that sort of thing was in style. It's foreign to Jay, so I wonder whether it's something he would include in a game of his. I don't put it past him to be aware of the idea and to want to slip it into his game as an experiment.

All the signs so far point to BWT's information being false anyway. My initial assumption was that he just made it up to give us something to talk about, but he's so far insisted that he was not lying. I don't think any of this is very telling in itself, but it's going to form the foundation of my read of BWT in this game and he's someone to keep an eye on, I suppose.

I'm trying really hard to talk about things that aren't Long Con before I offer any new thoughts on him. This has been a fairly active, but very one-dimensional start to the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Contrary to my previous stance of "Pile all votes on Long Con", I am wary of people who have piled suspicion on Long Con, even though I count myself among them. Regardless of how I feel about the Day 1 case around him, I can't ignore that there is easy potential for this bandwagon to be driven by opportunistic scums right off the bat.

That means posts like these catch my eye:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:55 pm

I don't like the tone of this post. Sounds like you are trying to make him look back without engaging him yourself.
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:36 am Since votes are changeable, I'm going to go ahead and put mine on Long Con for now. But since it's still early on Day 1, it's a very weak baddie read right now, but looking back at the initial start I feel like LC looks more bad than Epig.
If I were someone else I'd be wary of me too.

As an aside, my Q and w keys are not working, so any time I need to call in either of those letters I've been copy & pasting from elsewhere on the page. I just want to document my struggle and ask if anyone knows a better solution than my Ctrl + v strategy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll try to keep this brief.
In Mass Effect, an evil independent LC kept calling me nervous. We've had this argument since, but I maintain that I was not nervous, but rather was gleeful that my little scheme to out a member of the mafia was working.

Yes, he'll remind you that I wasn't a civilian (True: I was at the time a neutral who could eventually side with either good or bad) and that he wasn't mafia (True, but he was last man standing, which is a role civilians need dead to win, and is therefore "bad").

My point is that LC framed my posts in such a way that supported his narrative (to get me lynched) rather than one to help the civilians (to get mafia lynched).
In Blue Velvet, LC was bad, I was good, and we had a back and forth on Mass Effect. Here is LC's big, misleading post about me.
In Night Vale, Long Con and I were both bad- teammates even. What does he resort to?
Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:46 pm I look nervous to you, LC?
The line I referenced looks like textbook nervousness... it's not a general thing with all your posts or anything, but come on - you read that line and tell me I'm wrong. :srsnod:
I recall seeing this and rolling my eyes. "Not this 'nervous' bullshit again. Were I not on LC's team, I would have crucified him for it.
Long Con's evil M.O. when he is bad is to cavalierly control the narrative to the point of outright making things up and sticking to them even when proof is presented to the contrary. He would make an admirable politician.

That's why I don't buy for a second his insistence that what he has been trying to sell as a joke was a joke.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:48 pm As an aside, my Q and w keys are not working, so any time I need to call in either of those letters I've been copy & pasting from elsewhere on the page. I just want to document my struggle and ask if anyone knows a better solution than my Ctrl + v strategy.
Best answer solution to your question query request plea: Use different words language.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

linki: dang son, LC's got a 'nervous' tic.

I guess we should look at LC's town games to see if they're different, but wow, that's pretty thorough.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:48 pm As an aside, my Q and w keys are not working, so any time I need to call in either of those letters I've been copy & pasting from elsewhere on the page. I just want to document my struggle and ask if anyone knows a better solution than my Ctrl + v strategy.
Best answer solution to your question query request plea: Use different words language.
I am having a great time here in The Search for That One Australian Guy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:13 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:04 pm
I am having a great time here in The Search for That One Australian Guy.
:haha:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've been trying to spark some conversation about non-Long Con players because I don't want today to stagnate the LC puddle, but it would be irresponsible to remove him entirely from my radar. He's still the most prominent suspect, at least, and the only player I feel comfortable saying I have a scum read on at this point. For me that read is derived almost entirely from his reaction to accusation. Perhaps his "nervous" attack is Freudian on some level, because that's a word I could use to describe his activity from the moment Epi first named LC as his first suspect:
Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:53 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:07 am As of now, you are getting my Day 1 vote, Long Con. Saying I am "usually" trying too hard when I'm bad show you don't know what I am like when I'm bad at all. You are making things up. Like you usually do when YOU are bad.
The two have had a standard Day 1 back-and-forth to here. Epi lays down the hot take about his intended vote, citing real substantive reasons (by Night 0 standards) for doing so. But all LC can muster in response is eyeroll.gif. This strikes me as an exaggerated attempt to shrug off or downplay a silly case against him.

This is the kind of post sirengif was made for. More of the same attempt to shrug off Epi's (relatively substantial) case against him, this time turning it full OMGUS against him. Here he makes his first mention anywhere about his initial jab being a joke, and then decries Epi for reacting strongly against it. I am unsure why Epi should be strung up for taking a comment at face value rather than assuming it is a joke when there exists no evidence whatsoever that the comment is a joke. Epi's reaction was to refute LC's claim, whereas LC's angle here is that Epi "freaked out". "Freaked out" is a very subjective term, so it's not entirely clear what LC means here, but let's see how his own response to early pressure fits under this term of "freaking out":
Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:39 am
speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:18 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:33 am This is unexpectedly juicy Night 0 stuff!
Isn't it though!?
I'm not even under pressure and I'm still finding it impossible to see your posts in a joking light.

It wasn't a joke. If you were egging on Epi to get a reaction, which I could have bought, you wouldn't be backpedaling so ridiculously hard right now.
1. Thanks for letting me know whether or not I was joking.

2. I don't think you understand what backpedalling is.

3. Whether or not I was looking for a reaction, I got one. I could discuss it, or not discuss it. You would prefer I not discuss it? :confused:
A three-point bulleted list about why the honorable Speedchuck is flat out wrong in his two-line statement of suspicion against him. Note there is no attempt at clarification here, only insistence that his accuser is not correct. I do not think his follow-up responses paint him favorably either. Here he tries to absolve himself via the "I was just joking" defense whereby Epi may be read as suspicious for responding to anything he said early in the game, but all things LC himself said are to be read through the lens of "a joke" and therefore not worth bothering with. This exchange with speedchuck is dripping with freak-outedness, in my opinion. He acts as if all suspicion brought against him is absurd or unfounded in a way that seems deliberately misunderstood ("You would prefer I not discuss reads?"), and there is again very little attempt at clarification on his part. I got another dose of that in my own interaction with him later on:
Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:18 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

I guess we'll see.

I don't have a lot to say about it that I haven't already said. It's not like there's a huge volume of work to discuss. I think Epi's four-time insistence is excessive, and it stands as one of the most suspicious things I have seen thus far in the game.
I as actively seeking any sort of further commentary from LC on his case against Epi, but his response as the biggest shrug I've ever seen. I don't object to Long Con naming Epi as a suspect when he did, and I even don't doubt that his initial comment was not meant to be taken seriously. But his behavior since then reads as a player who is angling for a specific position rather than one who is working to figure things out from his position.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I just did a search for the new show I've been watching, HBO's The Ire.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:22 am
How about this for a plan then? We lynch you today for your backtracking. If you flip civ, then we lynch Epig on Day 2 since he was clearly egging you on and trying to start something! :D
yeah that seems like a terrible plan. none of what i've seen from the epi/LC thing moves me particularly. it's a bunch of tepid day 1 stuff. but more importantly, if getting into weird arguments in-game is really a recurring thing between them, then obviously we need to look elsewhere because anything coming from either of the two about the other one holds less weight.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sanmateo wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:59 pm
yeah that seems like a terrible plan. none of what i've seen from the epi/LC thing moves me particularly. it's a bunch of tepid day 1 stuff. but more importantly, if getting into weird arguments in-game is really a recurring thing between them, then obviously we need to look elsewhere because anything coming from either of the two about the other one holds less weight.
where else shall we look?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:02 pm
well there's already a bandwagon forming against long con so that seems like a great starting point
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

is there a way to link posts without quoting the whole thing?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The poll ends tomorrow evening, so I am going to lay off Long Con between now and then to give him some breathing room. It isn't good to bury Day 1. Were I to vote now, that is where I would vote.

I have another opinion on someone else, which I'll get to this evening.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sanmateo wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:02 pm
well there's already a bandwagon forming against long con so that seems like a great starting point
Do you mean the people voting for/putting pressure on him? what have you got to say about those hooligans?
sanmateo wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:05 pm is there a way to link posts without quoting the whole thing?
Click the big blue "Re: The Search for Quin [Day 1]" heading at the top of the post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”