Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 6]

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:40 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:29 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:26 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 pm Epi can call my attack on his argument lazy all he wants. That's bullshit. I'm not discussing it with him, because he just wants me to repeat myself over and over. I'm not going to.

And I'm not going to use the exact same angle as 3J knowing it already failed if I'm bad.
I don't give a good doggamn what you think of my argument. I was right. Worship me.
Epi, if you really believe Quin is scum, do you think scum Quin would make a big fuss over your argument of why JJJ is scum, after the event occured and he flipped scum? I mean, does that seem like something a scum Quin would do? Cos I don't know scum Quin very well, but I know no scum I have ever played with would actually do that.
Quin was wrong. He could realize my argument brought about a mafia lynch, or he could double down on his aggravation with my process.

He chose the latter.

Cam Newton doesn't tell Luke Kuechly his play was shit when Kuechly picks off a pass and runs it in for a touchdown.

If Quin and I are on the same team, then he should reevaluate what that means.

I don't think we're on the same team.
you lost me at Cam Newton
Cam Newton is offense. Luke Kuechly is defense. But they play on the same team.

My point is that if Quin was genuinely happy about 3J getting lynched, he wouldn't have criticized me for my effort in that.

He did though. Why? What is he accomplishing that furthers the civilian victory?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:47 pm sequel to "the search for quin"
we found quin, but he's a goddamn mess
:haha:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:43 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 pm Epi can call my attack on his argument lazy all he wants. That's bullshit. I'm not discussing it with him, because he just wants me to repeat myself over and over. I'm not going to.

And I'm not going to use the exact same angle as 3J knowing it already failed if I'm bad.
I don't give a good doggamn what you think of my argument. I was right. Worship me.
Epi, if you really believe Quin is scum, do you think scum Quin would make a big fuss over your argument of why JJJ is scum, after the event occured and he flipped scum? I mean, does that seem like something a scum Quin would do? Cos I don't know scum Quin very well, but I know no scum I have ever played with would actually do that.
Quin was wrong. He could realize my argument brought about a mafia lynch, or he could double down on his aggravation with my process.

He chose the latter.

Cam Newton doesn't tell Luke Kuechly his play was shit when Kuechly picks off a pass and runs it in for a touchdown.

My point is that if Quin was genuinely happy about 3J getting lynched, he wouldn't have criticized me for my effort in that.

He did though. Why? What is he accomplishing that furthers the civilian victory?
why do you think he did it then?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what motive or gain would a scum Quin have for devaluing your argument?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I find the argument of "Quin was pissed off at the fact JJJ got lynched, and that I was right, and is making a huge fuss over my argument and devaluing my theory all because he's JJJ's scumbuddy"--to be, well, kinda lame tbh. :shrug:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 pm

He chose the latter.

why do you think he did it then?
He vehemently opposed the 3J lynch, even going so far as to vote for me that same Day.

If you are bad too, what do you do after that lynch?

Nobody can say Quin was throwing 3J under the bus (he didn't vote him), and nobody can say Quin was really protecting 3J (he voted me all by himself).

Quin took a third route- double down.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:49 pm I find the argument of "Quin was pissed off at the fact JJJ got lynched, and that I was right, and is making a huge fuss over my argument and devaluing my theory all because he's JJJ's scumbuddy"--to be, well, kinda lame tbh. :shrug:
See above.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 pm what motive or gain would a scum Quin have for devaluing your argument?
Covering for himself not voting JJJ, with a side of Pax principle (in order to be able to say "why would I do that as mafia?")
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:54 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:10 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:08 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:42 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:32 pm Are we talking about the same post here?
Actually no. No we are not. Epi's later post in which he voted Quin is about Sig. You should read it.
It's the same post, he just analyses what JJJ said about sig for a bit, then votes Quin for going after sig?
Ah. I assumed it wasn't the same post because you cut the end off.

@Epignosis We're stupid. Come in here and clarify your read of Quin and your read of Sig.
It isn't complicated.

What LC colored as red and perceived as "anti-sig" remarks really aren't. They are my running commentary on someone who is clearly not at all mindful of what he is saying, presumably because he lacks the time to be as much.

It is easy to dig into someone for inconsistencies and hypocritical remarks. It is harder to point them all out and walk away from it an overall positive view of the person's role.

sig's posts are wildly inconsistent, maintain no logic that I can follow, and don't really do anything to help the civilians. On top of it all, he never once voted. Is sig bad?

Always a possibility. What I'm seeing, however, is entirely consistent with someone who hasn't been around and probably isn't looking to play somebody.

Those are sig's posts though. It's easy to grill those.

JJJ's posts about sig are another matter entirely. JJJ remained open the entire time toward lynching sig should the climate of the thread swing that way (as it did swing toward Mesk, whom he had called good). JJJ's attitude- and I do not believe this to be a ruse- was to lynch low-posters. He even said low-posters were more likely to be bad because the thread was so active. This is horseshit.

I cannot see a single shred of evidence that JJJ and sig are teammates.

My investigation brought me to the interactions between JJJ and Quin. JJJ called Quin a civilian for bullshit reasons (i.e., I don't actually believe JJJ viewed Quin as a civilian), praised his opening contribution (which he misquoted), and on top of that, Quin has been needlessly antagonistic toward me and my effort to lynch JJJ. Even after JJJ was shown to be bad, Quin doubled down on his vague and pissy take that my thinking was poor.

JJJ was eager to lynch low-posters. Quin has taken up that mantle, even though the only confirmed mafia was the low-poster exterminator.
I think I'm not lynching low posters anytime soon.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Remember what I said early? I know one scum who has done that: me.

And I did that so many times that when I asked a veteran player why I was being lynched so early, he explained it to me: I had a tendence to show a certain disdain torwards town when I was bad. Like I didn't believe them. I would make fun of town's inactivity and stupidity. Now I have stopped doing that and my baddie game has improved.

And now I look for it on people. Why does a civ need to show they don't like how a baddie was lynched? Maybe because they don't like that a baddie was lynched.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I think Jay's scum mates would be a little more subtle in their misdirection. Maybe even humbly admit they didn't see what you saw. Every townie can make a mistake, easy to be forgiving when someone is upbeat, congratulatory and admits he "did not see that one coming!"

I won't try to dissuade you from your theories; that's on Quin. But I don't personally believe Quin did that as scum because I am basing my read on Quin not by tunneling any one specific event but taking the whole picture in.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:49 pm I find the argument of "Quin was pissed off at the fact JJJ got lynched, and that I was right, and is making a huge fuss over my argument and devaluing my theory all because he's JJJ's scumbuddy"--to be, well, kinda lame tbh. :shrug:
I find it fantastic.

I was torn on what to do but you people sold me at "Quin is acting like old times bad DDL".

*Quin*
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 pm

And I did that so many times that when I asked a veteran player why I was being lynched so early, he explained it to me: I had a tendence to show a certain disdain torwards town when I was bad. Like I didn't believe them. I would make fun of town's inactivity and stupidity. Now I have stopped doing that and my baddie game has improved.

And now I look for it on people. Why does a civ need to show they don't like how a baddie was lynched? Maybe because they don't like that a baddie was lynched.
Are you implying Quin is a terrible scum player?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

He chose the latter.

What if...your argument deserved to be criticised?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:01 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 pm

Are you implying Quin is a terrible scum player?
I'm implying he isa human.

In his attempt to look genuine, he is slipping genuine scum thoughts into his posts.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:19 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:13 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:08 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:46 pm Dunya, you say I change my stance on dom within a few posts of each other which is not true. You take my quick upchecked rainbow list and treat is like gospel truth. That's crazy. I don't think I'll even make a rainbow list again.
We all waver back and for on people every day in mafia I think your case against me is silly.
Sorry Eloh, you made a conscious decision to place Dom ahead of the likes of INH/Glor and even Mesk & sig on your list. I just don't see why you would do that. I don't think it's gospel truth, but there has to be some reason behind it. I don't think you used an online randomizer and coughed up that list, did you?
No...the reason was because dom was not active. And i had several people in the same green color. Several in the same yellow, and so on. They were together and in no particular order. Just all green.
Ok you say the reason was because Dom was not active.
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:37 pm Elohcin
Mesk514
JaggedJimmyJay
Spacedaisy

Dragon D. Luffy
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
speedchuck

Kylemii
DrWilgy
insertnamehere
colonialbob
sig
sprityo

Quin
Sloonei
Dom
nutella

Long Con
Dom is orange and third from bottom

I wont go into much theory about sig/spriyo/Mesk (all of whom were low posters, and have varying locations on your rainbow list), but let's talk about INH.

Why is insertnamehere yellow and 6 spots above Dom?
Thh, I don't remember. Dom muat have said or done something...or someone must have pointed out something about dom that pinged me a little tonhave put him lower than other low posters. I disagree that mesk was a low poster at the time.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:51 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 pm what motive or gain would a scum Quin have for devaluing your argument?
Covering for himself not voting JJJ, with a side of Pax principle (in order to be able to say "why would I do that as mafia?")
How much easier would it have been for Quin to have hopped on that bandwagon? I'm not saying all his teammates voted for him, but I am saying those who didn't definitely presented some kind of valid case for not doing so imo and reasons why they voted for someone else.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I'm not saying all his teammates voted for him, but imo those who didn't definitely presented some kind of valid case for not doing so and reasons why they voted for someone else instead of just looking down on reasons why a mafioso was lynched.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Oh it double posted. Something weird with my internet and it closed my tabs then came back up with the new post with text missing. Oh well.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

By the way, this is going to be my last mafia game for a long while. It's been extremely fun, but I have exerted so much energy. I just want to thank EVERYONE for making it one of the best games I've played tbh. I've not seen so much unwavering enthusiasm and energy throughout a game and it's wonderful. :beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 pm ima vote epignosis whenever and i'd like someone to tell me why that is
Here is Quin's first relevant post.

Keep this in mind, and keep in mind that 3J praised it.

The Day Mesk got lynched, there was this:
Quin wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:35 am
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:34 am come on LC (or kyle or quin or wilgy) join usss
I don't know the 3J case. I would rather CFD Eloh if my vote is to move.
Quin said this.

He didn't know the 3J case?

I don't buy that. It was 1:35 in the morning. It was close to the lynch.

These are the exact next posts:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:35 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 am Civilian JJJ wouldn't care what the tally was right now.

You are bad.
What? Caring about the tally is fundamental to any JJJ, or frankly any anyone.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:35 am
Quin wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:35 am
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:34 am come on LC (or kyle or quin or wilgy) join usss
I don't know the 3J case. I would rather CFD Eloh if my vote is to move.
Elohcin
Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:36 am Mesk is basically an inactive who has been around from the beginning and was therefore able to submit Night kills. She expressed confusion about being a Little Mountain, which sounded genuine to me. I don't support that lynch.
What I want you all to take away from this is that I have numerous grievances with JaggedJimmyJay. Quin had plenty of time to familiarize himself with my issues, talk about them, understand them, debate them if he wished.

Instead, here is Quin Day 4, when 3J did get lynched:
Epignosis wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:42 am 3J did not address my gravest concern, which has nothing whatsoever to do with his academics. He voted for Mesk despite calling her good in his exercise, and provided the poorest reason I think I've ever seen him give to justify his vote.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:59 am
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:53 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:52 am
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:50 am i think epignosis is bad again guys
Why?
Why are you treating a GTH read as static?
I'm not.

What the hell is the point of "GTH reads" when you don't hold someone accountable for lynching someone he said was good over someone he said was bad when both were in hot water and neither had any additional activity?
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:32 am I moved my vote to Epignosis because his case rejects common sense.
Bear in mind that I was actively grilling 3J during this time.
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:41 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:40 am
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:36 am Perhaps the most convincing point to me that my vote is currently in the right place is this: I fundamentally disagree with Jay on Mesk. That never happens. Sometimes we pull different interpretations out of things. But I don't remember the last time when we were both town and he presented a case that I thought was flat out wrong and misguided. I feel that way when he justifies voting for Mesk.

She didn't offer a whole lot of reads, sure. She was also a new player in a foreign land where all of us are scorching the thread with our posts. She couldn't keep up. No one blames her for that. when I looked at her posts, even when she was alive, I saw a player who wanted to be involved and make a name for herself, but simply could not at no fault of her own. I don't buy this "no civilian value" argument, I don't buy that her posts had no utility. They served the function of Mesk trying to engage herself with the thread. That's the first step every civilian has to take.
I fundamentally disagree with you but that isn't particularly shocking to me.
what's your best argument for jay being town?
Got none. Epi's case just sucks.
No reason. "Just sucks."
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:45 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:43 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:36 am Perhaps the most convincing point to me that my vote is currently in the right place is this: I fundamentally disagree with Jay on Mesk. That never happens. Sometimes we pull different interpretations out of things. But I don't remember the last time when we were both town and he presented a case that I thought was flat out wrong and misguided. I feel that way when he justifies voting for Mesk.

She didn't offer a whole lot of reads, sure. She was also a new player in a foreign land where all of us are scorching the thread with our posts. She couldn't keep up. No one blames her for that. when I looked at her posts, even when she was alive, I saw a player who wanted to be involved and make a name for herself, but simply could not at no fault of her own. I don't buy this "no civilian value" argument, I don't buy that her posts had no utility. They served the function of Mesk trying to engage herself with the thread. That's the first step every civilian has to take.
what sucks about it?
It rejects common sense.
"It rejects common sense."

What common sense?
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:48 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:46 am
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:45 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:43 am

what sucks about it?
It rejects common sense.
How so?
<------------------------------
An arrow pointing to nothing. :shrug:
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:54 am "Jay lynched Mesk over Dom even though he had a GTH town read on Mesk because Mesk had posts and that's suspicious" was his case. That's not even a misrepresentation.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:10 am What is worse for me is that 3J elected to vote Mesk over Dom because...Mesk had more to say? That's shit, and 3J should know it's shit.
That's a bad case and he should feel bad for making it.
That's it? I was grilling 3J.

Do not regulate the shit that I come up with as a "case." There is no case. There is me robbing you of your evil life one post at a time.

After JJJ got lynched:
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:58 amkk
Then:
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:56 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:42 amQuin is bad for saving Jimmy yesterday, trying to save him today and continually arguing the cause against Jimmy is bad, is a misrepresentation and there was an actually case against Mesk because....nothing. Over and over he repeats these lies and cannot explain. Additionally, he repeated the "lets lynch lasagna" noncase while Domalakim and Jimmy were on the chopping block.
This makes me want to cry. And also throw things at you. Begone, Satan.
Jack is dead.
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:11 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:06 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:56 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:42 amQuin is bad for saving Jimmy yesterday, trying to save him today and continually arguing the cause against Jimmy is bad, is a misrepresentation and there was an actually case against Mesk because....nothing. Over and over he repeats these lies and cannot explain. Additionally, he repeated the "lets lynch lasagna" noncase while Domalakim and Jimmy were on the chopping block.
This makes me want to cry. And also throw things at you. Begone, Satan.
Gimme a short list of suspects
Eloh and Kyle.
I don't see Eloh being bad based on the work I just did digging through Jay's posts. He pug significant effort into kickstarting a bandwagon on her.

I could see Kyle. I hardly remember his name coming up at all in there, and I've had some doubts about him in isolation.

Are you able to elaborate on either one of these right now?
I am, but I don't have the motivation to do so. I have cases on them both in my ISO.
Poor, demoralized mafia.

I'm going to stop there.

Quin is the best lynch for Day 6.

If anyone disagrees, say so and why.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Epi throwing down some major truthbombs :srsnod:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

You might have started off strong, but ISO'ing for the sole intent of making someone look bad is easy to accomplish.

"Begone Satan" to Jack

Jack is gone

That's pushing it a little far imo.

If Quin is scum, I'd really be surprised.

also, I noticed Sloonei ISO'd JAY/ELOH interactions. Could you link me to that [mention]Sloonei[/mention] ? It might help me. I didn't get that far, tbh.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:01 pm
What if...your argument deserved to be criticised?
It did. With words. Not a fucking arrow pointing to the margin under your picture.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:28 pm You might have started off strong, but ISO'ing for the sole intent of making someone look bad is easy to accomplish.

"Begone Satan" to Jack

Jack is gone

also, I noticed Sloonei ISO'd JAY/ELOH interactions. Could you link me to that @Sloonei ? It might help me. I didn't get that far, tbh.
I did that with sig. Ended up voting Quin. Funny how that works out. :mafia:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 pm
How much easier would it have been for Quin to have hopped on that bandwagon? I'm not saying all his teammates voted for him, but I am saying those who didn't definitely presented some kind of valid case for not doing so imo and reasons why they voted for someone else.
Scum Quin doubling down on "this was a bad argument" as a way of making that case because it was too late to so anything else.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Anyway Quin I know it's tough when you're trying to defend yourself but I would appreciate reads/scum picks. Mostly the latter.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Dunya...you never answered me. When didnI say, "Why can't I just sit and read mafia all day? "?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:36 pm Dunya...you never answered me. When didnI say, "Why can't I just sit and read mafia all day? "?
there you go
Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:54 pm Still catching up. I have to keep stopping so I can do RL shit. Why can't I just sit and read mafia all day? 😵
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epi, who will you look at if Quin flips town?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:28 pm You might have started off strong, but ISO'ing for the sole intent of making someone look bad is easy to accomplish.

"Begone Satan" to Jack

Jack is gone

also, I noticed Sloonei ISO'd JAY/ELOH interactions. Could you link me to that @Sloonei ? It might help me. I didn't get that far, tbh.
I did not do this, unless you mea the two big ISO posts I did for Jay. I find it highly unlikely that Eloh and Jay would be partners.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I just worked a 12-hour day and I'm frankly too tired to expend a lot of energy on this game tonight. Without having read anything in that time, I'm opposed to lynching Quin, although my town read on him has slipped a little bit from where it was earlier in the game. His participation seems to have dropped off and I'm not sure if he ever gave a reason for that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why would he do what is easy? What motive would he have for that?

Everybody wants to find a busser or a savior after a lynch.

Quin defended 3J without doing either. Nobody can accuse Quin of throwing 3J under the bus, and nobody can accuse Quin of trying to save him.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 pm

"Begone Satan" to Jack

Jack is gone

I did not do this, unless you mea the two big ISO posts I did for Jay. I find it highly unlikely that Eloh and Jay would be partners.
could you link me to that, which post. I'll read through it all. I just want to refresh my memory and see your argument on why ElohxJay pairing would be impossible.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:40 pm I just worked a 12-hour day and I'm frankly too tired to expend a lot of energy on this game tonight. Without having read anything in that time, I'm opposed to lynching Quin, although my town read on him has slipped a little bit from where it was earlier in the game. His participation seems to have dropped off and I'm not sure if he ever gave a reason for that.
It's something I'd rather not get into now. I might share if I wind up lynched today.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:34 pm
Scum Quin doubling down on "this was a bad argument" as a way of making that case because it was too late to so anything else.
For the record, this sort of thing is more indicative of town Quin than scum Quin in my experience.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I still like where my vote is and has been for the last two days. You're all welcome to come join me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 pm Epi, who will you look at if Quin flips town?
I don't know. Who cares? Can't we discuss that after the fact? Am I supposed to be thinking about Day 7 when Day 6 is what matters now? My job is to make it so that Day 9 doesn't happen.

If you firmly believe Quin is good, then provide a better alternative to lynch backed with satisfying reasons. Asking me what I will do if blah blah blah will never convince me of anything.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:40 pm
Why would he do what is easy? What motive would he have for that?

Everybody wants to find a busser or a savior after a lynch.

Quin defended 3J without doing either. Nobody can accuse Quin of throwing 3J under the bus, and nobody can accuse Quin of trying to save him.
I saw several people accuse him of trying to save Jay, actually.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:35 pm Anyway Quin I know it's tough when you're trying to defend yourself but I would appreciate reads/scum picks. Mostly the latter.
I still scum read Kyle. If he flipped bad I'm throwing DDL's name into the mix as a teammate.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:35 am
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:22 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 pm I have a grievance with the amount of times Kyle has used his Pirate Mafia performance as a way to fend off suspicion. He played games somewhere else that he's also talked about but I didn't quote them. No, I don't care that most of these are direct accusations about his Pirates performance. I think he's using meta as a shield.
You should care that those were in direct response to meta accusations. Why wouldn't you care about that?
You're rejecting perceptions before easing concerns. You're saying "I wasn't an active force in Pirates" when you should be saying "I'm actually not someone who takes the front line" if what they're saying is false about your playstyle.
You are reaching so hard I think you'll accidentally touch the sun and get burned. Be careful.
I was not reaching. There's no explanation of why he thought otherwise. Just that I'm reaching.

I also find DDL's vote for me opportunistic given his biggest reasoning for voting me is "I do this when bad so Quin probably did this while bad".
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 pm Epi, who will you look at if Quin flips town?
I don't know. Who cares? Can't we discuss that after the fact? Am I supposed to be thinking about Day 7 when Day 6 is what matters now? My job is to make it so that Day 9 doesn't happen.

If you firmly believe Quin is good, then provide a better alternative to lynch backed with satisfying reasons. Asking me what I will do if blah blah blah will never convince me of anything.
What can I do more than tell you why I DON'T see your views as holding considerable weight? You're set on it. You got a 6 person lynch bandwagon going and counting.

It's not my job to offer you a better alternative (sorry, it's 3am almost). If you have tunnel vision atm, that's on you.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:42 pm I still like where my vote is and has been for the last two days. You're all welcome to come join me.
Okay.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I thought that Quin is just a proud dude, and he had a choice following JJJ's lynch: admit he was wrong and Epi was right, or assert that Epi got lucky with a bad case. Option B is much easier on his ego.

That seems more likely to me than the idea that Quin is a baddie who can't help but leak his anti-Civ opinions into the thread.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sorry, 5-people. I thought Eloh voted for Quin too for some reason.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 pm

What can I do more than tell you why I DON'T see your views as holding considerable weight? You're set on it. You got a 6 person lynch bandwagon going and counting.

It's not my job to offer you a better alternative (sorry, it's 3am almost). If you have tunnel vision atm, that's on you.
It is your job.

I stayed up well past what I was comfortable to make sure 3J got lynched and he did.

I trust you, but you have your vote on Elohcin, who is every bit as busy as she says. Is she bad? I don't know. But your argument against her was that she's using that as an excuse of some sort. That's shit. I know better. I'm not going to follow you for that. You'll have to do better than that to get me to vote for her.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 pm

"Begone Satan" to Jack

Jack is gone

could you link me to that, which post. I'll read through it all. I just want to refresh my memory and see your argument on why ElohxJay pairing would be impossible.
part 1
part 2
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 pm I thought that Quin is just a proud dude, and he had a choice following JJJ's lynch: admit he was wrong and Epi was right, or assert that Epi got lucky with a bad case. Option B is much easier on his ego.

That seems more likely to me than the idea that Quin is a baddie who can't help but leak his anti-Civ opinions into the thread.
He never said I got lucky. If he said that, I could live with that (even if I would disagree, and he would have to address everyone else who voted JJJ as being lucky).

He maintained that my process (my thinking) was bad. That's a different matter. He voted for me. Tried to discredit me. Why would he do that if he and I were working toward the same goal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I glanced at my phone while I was at work and saw that dunya said some things to me about colonialbob. I should probably, like, respond to those.
I will when my batteries have recharged a bit. Til then i'll be eating my chicken parm in bliss.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

It's ok Sloon, take your time. cBob's not on the chopping board today (I think).

Return to “Previous Side Missions”