Total votes: 16
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
It’s my birthday

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Nutella hasn't always been super consistent as a townie in my experience with her. She'll speak her mind without regard for whether or not it all fits neatly together, and I've got no issue with that. I don't think I would vote for her based solely on her posts so far.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 pm You leave Kyle alone.
why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:32 pm
why?
I'm just filling the silence. I don't have a strong opinion on Kyle. Like I half think you're distracting from Epi but I don't wanna get tunnel visioned. You do whatever.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:37 pm
why?
I'm just filling the silence. I don't have a strong opinion on Kyle. Like I half think you're distracting from Epi but I don't wanna get tunnel visioned. You do whatever.
I'm definitely trying to get us to talk about more than just Epi. I don't want to not talk about him, but I don't want him to be the only topic either.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:46 pm Changed my vote to kyle. Kylemii, what do you think about Epi and all the people who have expressed thoughts on him so far?
Oh, hello. I've been waiting to see how Epig would respond to LC's suspicion. Parts of his response have made me feel better but other parts have made me feel worse. In general any time an accused player (or an accuser) uses hyperbole or mischaracterizes the argument against them, it looks bad to me, and I'm seeing that with Epig rn, homing in on the reference to buddying as a "long term strategy" and claiming that LC knows who the Goods Boyz are because he referred to 3 players as civs. It argues against the words of the case without really fighting the spirit of it

LC... My number #1 priority in any game we're both in is to figure out where he stands. He's a skilled manipulator and scumhunter depending on what his situation requires. He is 8x better than me at everything I believe I'm good at and on some level I think i probably wanna be him when I grow up. LC is absolutely 100% nutsy enough to lead a lynch on day 0 regardless of whether he's town boy or a crime boy.

I'm not sure who else gave opinions on the issue other than you and Quin, I'd have to reread you both to give a good impression
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:46 pm Changed my vote to kyle. Kylemii, what do you think about Epi and all the people who have expressed thoughts on him so far?
Oh, hello. I've been waiting to see how Epig would respond to LC's suspicion. Parts of his response have made me feel better but other parts have made me feel worse. In general any time an accused player (or an accuser) uses hyperbole or mischaracterizes the argument against them, it looks bad to me, and I'm seeing that with Epig rn, homing in on the reference to buddying as a "long term strategy" and claiming that LC knows who the Goods Boyz are because he referred to 3 players as civs. It argues against the words of the case without really fighting the spirit of it

LC... My number #1 priority in any game we're both in is to figure out where he stands. He's a skilled manipulator and scumhunter depending on what his situation requires. He is 8x better than me at everything I believe I'm good at and on some level I think i probably wanna be him when I grow up. LC is absolutely 100% nutsy enough to lead a lynch on day 0 regardless of whether he's town boy or a crime boy.

I'm not sure who else gave opinions on the issue other than you and Quin, I'd have to reread you both to give a good impression
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

why?
:ponder:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kyle is like 10 right? DDL's kid?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:39 pm
why?
:ponder:
This post is indicative that I'm suuuuuuper bored at work.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

It is a full time job just keeping up with all the emails I've sent to people for information I need to do my actual job.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:51 pm I'd really like to hear Mesk514's thoughts on current events. My thoughts are clouded by past meta and I think an outsiders' viewpoint could bring some clarity
I don't like this post. In Pirates mafia (the one and only game I've ever seen Kyle play to this point), he was an active force early in the game. He's been more passive so far in this game, so I prodded him for reads. Five minutes later, he came out with this, absent of content but calling for more content from the newcomer. This post is fluff and an excuse to delay participation in the game.
you made your post while I was making mine, did you expect me to drop everything and respond to you? it's 9 an dude. one thing at a time.

In the pirates game my day 1 involvement was mostly getting to know new players questions and passively observing the current thread dynamics. I got called out for it and almost got lynched for it like twice. How closely were you reading the game?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:41 pm Kyle is like 10 right? DDL's kid?
Yes that is correct DDL is my dad.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:48 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:51 pm I'd really like to hear Mesk514's thoughts on current events. My thoughts are clouded by past meta and I think an outsiders' viewpoint could bring some clarity
I don't like this post. In Pirates mafia (the one and only game I've ever seen Kyle play to this point), he was an active force early in the game. He's been more passive so far in this game, so I prodded him for reads. Five minutes later, he came out with this, absent of content but calling for more content from the newcomer. This post is fluff and an excuse to delay participation in the game.
you made your post while I was making mine, did you expect me to drop everything and respond to you? it's 9 an dude. one thing at a time.

In the pirates game my day 1 involvement was mostly getting to know new players questions and passively observing the current thread dynamics. I got called out for it and almost got lynched for it like twice. How closely were you reading the game?
It's 12:51 pm. Lynch all liars.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:08 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm
Uh, you pick two Civs and buddy them so they trust you and don't lynch you. Long game benefit: survival, and more likely to lynch Civs along the way. You intimidate Sloonei out of coming after you. Benefit: One less Civ coming after you; survival; more likely to lynch a Civ along the way.
"Buddying" two civilians on Day 1 is not going to stop my lynch if that is what the majority wishes (not that I agree I have "buddied" anybody).

Sloonei is not going to be intimidated by me to the extent that he won't vote for me if he feels he should (not that I agree I have intimidated Sloonei).

You are, as usual, starting with the conclusion that Epignosis is bad and making everything I do fit that conclusion. Of course, you have no response to this:
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:53 am You are implying that "setting up a long game" is something I, as mafia, would do on Day 1. That is mistaken. The fact is I don't bother with long term planning Day 1 when I am bad. It's antithetical to success in most cases, because to be good at being bad, one must be flexible and able to dance. And I am a fine dancer. :dance:
Can anyone who has ever been bad with me point to a time when I set up a long term plan Day 1?

If not, why would I start now?
Can't recall. You were more spontaneous in such games. You don't strike me as the type.

Still, buddying isn't going to stop your lynch on Day 1, but said lynch hadn't started at the time, no?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:15 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:23 am Hey Jack quick question, about how does accusing someone of being one of the Good Boyz poke them?
I take it you aren't married, having never poked someone in a nice way.

Also, there is no trust exercise. I was just saying hi.
the implication of this joke is that you're married to sprityo
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

but you didn't get lynched. I saw you making things happen. I don't see that here yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:15 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:23 am Hey Jack quick question, about how does accusing someone of being one of the Good Boyz poke them?
I take it you aren't married, having never poked someone in a nice way.

Also, there is no trust exercise. I was just saying hi.
the implication of this joke is that you're married to sprityo
I'm just really friendly.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:51 pm

It's 12:51 pm. Lynch all liars.
It's 1:53 in the one true timezone
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

It's 4:54 in futureland, folks.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

A.M.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei, you think Kyle is a baddun? Show me the goods.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:51 pmIt's 12:51 pm. Lynch all liars.
it's 10:53, it was 9:30 when I woke up
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Which parts of Epi's defense did you like?
I encourage you to read me and Quin and look forward to your thoughts on us.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:55 pm Sloonei, you think Kyle is a baddun? Show me the goods.
This investigation is currently ongoing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm

but you didn't get lynched. I saw you making things happen. I don't see that here yet.
Kyle didn't make anything happen D1 pirates. He came out good due to his vote but he was fairly passive and focused on meta. Like the kid said, he got called out for it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

But I want an answer from him regarding Epi, too.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Kyle didn't make anything happen D1 pirates. He came out good due to his vote but he was fairly passive and focused on meta. Like the kid said, he got called out for it.
I see that as making things happen. He was involved in the action of the game, even if it was just him getting a feel for people. That's still an action that forces people to discuss the game and their motives.

The point is I want to hear what Kyle thinks of things right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

On Kyle - Obvious difference in the amount of posts between pirate Mafia and this one, even considering shorter phase lengths and the whole debacle at EoD1. Looks bad at face value, like a baddie who can't insert himself properly but I won't condemn him on that alone. We (or I) don't know where to set the baseline for his civilian game.

His content here isn't really fluff, but his thoughts haven't come together in the thread the way I'd like given the 24 hour day phases. They're not particularly useful to me as they are. I'd like some more elaborated stuff from him soon if he's up to it.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm getting ready to take my parents to the airport, but I'll look into Epi some more when I get back.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:32 pm Nutella hasn't always been super consistent as a townie in my experience with her. She'll speak her mind without regard for whether or not it all fits neatly together, and I've got no issue with that. I don't think I would vote for her based solely on her posts so far.
That's why I said I would need to hear more from her. nutella is very good at faking anything.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

why?
Distracting from me is a good thing.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm but you didn't get lynched. I saw you making things happen. I don't see that here yet.
whether or not I got lynch is irrelevant, the relevant part is that you should remember how that game went.

name one thing that i made happen during the first day of the pirates game. I asked questions about dogs and I think I cobbled together a read list at some point because I had 3 hours without anything better to do, bcus it was a small game filled with players I'd never met.

My most active decision was maintaining a tied vote on MP late in the day phase
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:57 pmKyle didn't make anything happen D1 pirates. He came out good due to his vote but he was fairly passive and focused on meta. Like the kid said, he got called out for it.
Wow???? It hurts to hear someone else say it :(
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:11 pm On Kyle - Obvious difference in the amount of posts between pirate Mafia and this one, even considering shorter phase lengths and the whole debacle at EoD1. Looks bad at face value, like a baddie who can't insert himself properly but I won't condemn him on that alone. We (or I) don't know where to set the baseline for his civilian game.

His content here isn't really fluff, but his thoughts haven't come together in the thread the way I'd like given the 24 hour day phases. They're not particularly useful to me as they are. I'd like some more elaborated stuff from him soon if he's up to it.
24 hour day phases????????????????????????
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am If Long Con is a civilian, then is most likely means he is genuine in his suspicion of me.

If his suspicion is genuine, then his accusation that I am being deliberate and calculating in my dealings thus far should be one that he can logically explain.

In other words, if I know what I'm doing (i.e., being deliberate in "setting up a long game"), and Long Con is calling me out on that, then he should be able to explain how my actions in the thread so far will benefit my team and me down the road. What is the long game and how am I expecting it to play out?

If he can't answer that, then his suspicion isn't genuine, and he's trying to get a quick and easy Day 1 lynch out of the way.
[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] or [mention]Sloonei[/mention] or whoever it was who asked

iirc this is the post that gave me cause for pause, it read as authentic to me but his posts since then have soured me on him due to the hyperboles and strawman arguments
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm but you didn't get lynched. I saw you making things happen. I don't see that here yet.
whether or not I got lynch is irrelevant, the relevant part is that you should remember how that game went.

name one thing that i made happen during the first day of the pirates game. I asked questions about dogs and I think I cobbled together a read list at some point because I had 3 hours without anything better to do, bcus it was a small game filled with players I'd never met.

My most active decision was maintaining a tied vote on MP late in the day phase
I don't want to discuss another game any further in this thread. I just want you to continue sharing the thoughts that you have about this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Epi, do you agree with kyle's assessment that you were attacking LC with hyperbole and strawmen?

Kyle, have you had a chance to dig into anyone else yet?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:54 pm It's 4:54 in futureland, folks.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:54 pmA.M.
That's almost an alpine start!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Marmot wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:54 pm It's 4:54 in futureland, folks.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:54 pmA.M.
That's almost an alpine start!
Would appreciate ISO links, since they're hard to do manually from my phone!

(Day 1 ISOs, what have I become)
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:31 pmI don't want to discuss another game any further in this thread. I just want you to continue sharing the thoughts that you have about this game.
wellllll, that was the plan before you interrupted me. now that I know we have 10 hours and not 34 left I intend to get down to it.

but it won't cost me any of my time or energy for you to explain your motivation so I'm fine with you doing that.;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm Epi, do you agree with kyle's assessment that you were attacking LC with hyperbole and strawmen?
No.

LC explicitly called cb, Mesk, and Sloonei civilians. There was no consideration given that I could be "buddying" a teammate, as JoH suggested (however the hell one does that).

He also has taken anything I have said or done and says I am "setting up a long game" even though I have never before in my four years of playing Mafia done that Day 1. Instead of considering angles in which my words and actions indicate a civilian, he presses on with his unfounded, circular nonsense.

There is no strawman fallacy or hyperbole, and even if there is, so what?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm Epi, do you agree with kyle's assessment that you were attacking LC with hyperbole and strawmen?

I didn't say he was attacking LC with hyperbole and strawmen I said he was defending himself by turning LC into a strawman.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:57 pm

I didn't say he was attacking LC with hyperbole and strawmen I said he was defending himself by turning LC into a strawman.
LC's speculation is that I am "buddying" two civilians and intimidating one civilian so that I won't ever get lynched.

Did I get any of that wrong?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Maybe strawman is the wrong word, but I think focusing on the "long game planning aspect" of the argument allows you to ignore the part of the argument where it's actually just really weird to make a positive declaration towards anyone one day 0, or 1 without any kind og motivation behind it. [mention]Epignosis[/mention]
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:03 pm Maybe strawman is the wrong word, but I think focusing on the "long game planning aspect" of the argument allows you to ignore the part of the argument where it's actually just really weird to make a positive declaration towards anyone one day 0, or 1 without any kind og motivation behind it.
I don't know what "og motivation" means, but there is nothing weird about saying I'm not voting for this person or that person. Would it be better if I said nothing at all? I can surely keep it to myself that I'm not voting for someone. No one would know. I'm not going to defend my decision to refrain from voting someone Day 1. There are four mafia members. I cannot lynch them all Day 1. And if I'm right not to vote for the people I won't vote for, it narrows my pool down to people I should be voting.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

trusting people without factual backup is unnatural. it's an aberration. mafia play with facts from the start so it's easier

let's put LC's case aside for a sec, why Cbob? why Mesk?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:31 pmI don't want to discuss another game any further in this thread. I just want you to continue sharing the thoughts that you have about this game.
wellllll, that was the plan before you interrupted me. now that I know we have 10 hours and not 34 left I intend to get down to it.

but it won't cost me any of my time or energy for you to explain your motivation so I'm fine with you doing that.;)
My motivation on Day 1 is to get as many people talking as I can. I want to know where everyone's head is at, even if they're having trouble formulating thoughts; I want to know where they're getting stuck, or whatever else. If something comes along that I particularly like or dislike, I'll put it out there and see who bites.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:09 pm trusting people without factual backup is unnatural. it's an aberration. mafia play with facts from the start so it's easier

I didn't say I trusted them.

I already talked about colonialbob and Mesk.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

So then is your reasoning for not necessarily having all the facts correct that it stirs the pot regardless and the end justifies the means? [mention]Sloonei[/mention]
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:12 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:09 pm trusting people without factual backup is unnatural. it's an aberration. mafia play with facts from the start so it's easier

I didn't say I trusted them.

I already talked about colonialbob and Mesk.
So you don't think they're good necessarily... you just said you didn't think you'd vote for them.

In that post you did imply you trusted Mesk at least a little bit more because she hadn't apparently read the roles, do you have anything to add to that?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”