Marmot (Hosts/Nons/Deads)
50%

Total votes: 16
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 6]

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:59 am Anyone got any good reasons to choose either sig or inh over the other?
Nothing game related persay, but I think I'd rather lynch INH thinking on it. INH is an inactive replacement with a combined 0 posts and sig is an inactive with some posts. I'd prefer INH on principle.

It's worth giving sig a look since he has some content at least. I have enough motivation for that.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Quin »

I've just pulled some posts that stand out.
Spoiler: show
sig wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:32 am Mesk I've seen drunk mafia before but never high mafia, I'm enjoying it.

Also wow I'm dumb I thought the phase ended tonight.

I'm on phone about to drive to Columbus so my post will be limited, right now I've got a minor scum read on LC. I think his interaction with epi was odd and I don't like the nutella wagon which he helped to push. However, i always think lc is bad and i could see him and Epi dick slinging to be town on town
Nutella looks like she always does to me.

I do find Epi's ddl vote to be odd, he very much avoided both wagons and any fallout by voting that way.

Mesk514 it'll take awhile for you to switch over to the infodumping rules, it took me quite a few games.
sig dislikes the nutella wagon but doesn't give an opinion on anyone involved in it besides LC and Epi at any point. His LC talk here is just sitting on the fence.
sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:49 am I'm semi caught up but skipped a few pages in the middle.

I don't like daisy going after me and sprit and other low posters that screams mafia. Targeting people who aren't around to one defend themselves and two yo lynch since you get less heat if they flip civ when lynched. Since they weren't active so no big deal. Is my thoughts regarding lynching low posters. I also don't like het posts on wilgy they seem like she's trying to spread paranoia

From my catch up eloh and epi look good. From what I've seen of wilgy I like. I've got a slight civ read of nutella and am a slight scum read on lc.

If I wanted to throw my vote somewhere I'd go for either daisy or maybe lc however given t he two wagons I'll look over the cases really fast.

I might make one or two more posts , I've got to be up early tomorrow to go out with my friends family and finish some homework so I might not.
NO U.
sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:50 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:37 am
sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:33 am Howdy, sorry for not voting, I'd have gone for Daisy or LC since I didn't really see the case on any player. I'll address Daisy really fast, but first I want to say I really dislike the movement from her and JJJ to go after low posters who are kind off present, but not. I'll be totally honest I'm not very present and I find it odd people expect massive posts thanksgiving weekend. I also didn't expect this game to have 1400+ posts before day 3.

So since no lynches are impossible at this point one of the two, I'm assuming Jack due to vote break down has to be civ? Since mafia doesn't have a lynch survivor. Either way one of the two players should be seen as lock clear civ.
Why does Jack get your favorable outlook here?
So assuming nutella is who I think she is, then Jack was leading the lynch. True there might be other vote things going on, but I feel like neither Jack nor sloonie would make sense for the mafia team to target with their minus 1. Unless we're all way off with mafia members.

Jack didn't die and I only saw one known role that can survive a lynch. If it wasn't Jack then it's sloonie.

The only other role would be the 3rd party. Usually I'm very anti Third party, however it doesn't appear that this role is a SK so I don't care much and would rather focus on mafia. Therefore one of them must be a civ.
Put this here because I wanted to say that I agree with what sig's putting down re: EoD2. I don't have any inclination in reading the actual post.

---

I'd lynch him. The lack of night kills means more to me than any of that ^.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I also did an ISO of insertGlorfindelhere. Comments below.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Jay lives in... Cleveland or something right? Central time?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 5]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:51 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:00 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:47 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:41 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:37 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:28 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:25 pm

I feel like you are treating this additional information, which could be a crucial piece to solving the game and/or nailing down Sloonei's alignment, as a negative. Sure, lynching a Civ is not good, but this knowledge might help us win.
eeegeeggggghhhhh

And do you consider this to be possibly alignment indicative?
For whom? :confused:
nutella
Well, since you brought it up, it moves the needle two hairs from 'Town' to 'Scum' for nutella, based on the idea that a reaction that doesn't seem quite right to me evokes feelings of possible fakery.
You brought it up bruh. And I didn't like how you did it.

Framing suspicion in a way that town can pick up on, but that doesn't state it directly. I don't like that.
And then nutella's post was obviously lamenting that we got a town flip rather than scum. In most games, a town flip is worst scenario. This game is different, with lynched failing almost half the time, but it's NOT GOOD, even as you said.
And then the way you presented the obversavion, making sure to place yourself as a part of 'us' and reemphasize the bright side and the town win condition.

These weak bits come together to make me feel like you're trying too hard to be the nonchalant townie and fly under the radar while casting shade on nutella.

So, no, I don't like your post. If you had said "no, not alignment indicative" I would have assumed that it was just a post for the sake of posting. But the way you framed your suspicion is sleazy and suspicious. :ponder:
I didn't bring up suspicion of nutella. My post wasn't about suspecting nutella. I didn't "frame" anything, and anyone who "picked up on it" was reading it wrong.

Yes, part of nutella's post was "obviously lamenting" that mal was town. There was nothing in my post denying that lynching a Civ is bad, or that nutella thought so.

You would prefer that a player always use the third-person "the Civs" rather than "us" unless they're Confirmed Civ? :rolleyes:

I agree, these bits are weak. Weak as hell, I dare say! :noble: You are so way off, I'm not trying too hard at anything right now. My nonchalance is pure, natural cool, my friend. I haven't seen "under the radar" in a Mafia game since 2012, so nuh-uh... and I would not want to cast shade on the unique and colourful flower that is nutella.

tl;dr "You're way off from the get-go, dude."

I'll respond to the rest of you suckas in separate posts.
You keep replying everything with "I'm not actually trying hard" and we'll eventually have to lynch you for not looking civ enough. Just saying.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:48 amYAWN
You know you're full of shit when Epi thinks your linguistics argument is boring.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:26 am Long Con is bad.

He tried to get me lynched Day 1 religiously.

Now he frames that as helping me?

He is taking the piss, as the Brits say.

He had so much vigor early on, but after 3J got lynched, he threw up his hands. That's my take.
LC doesn't seem like the type who gives up that easily.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I mean I was a prime with him. The guy is stubborn as fuck.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:44 am Is it.... possible the mafia is actually just missing the deadline a lot?
no. no, it's not.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:44 am Is it.... possible the mafia is actually just missing the deadline a lot?
no. no, it's not.
Jay would never miss a deadline, for starters.

Scummers are just being scummed. :ohyeah: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:58 am Hmm.. well as far as we know, there's
-Aconcagua: immune to the first attempt on their life (lynch or NK)
[-Chimborazo: could have stolen Aconcagua's ability at some point, but seems highly unlikely as Dom/Malakim would have been an unlikely nk target]
-Kilimanjaro: can make themself immune to night actions 3x/game
-Mont Blanc: can switch targets 1x/game
(-Matterhorn: secrets)
(-Olympus Mons: secrets)

...Ehhh. Some of these may have happened, but maybe we really do have scummers sleeping on the job. I could vote an inactive.
I don't think that the scum team consists entirely of a inactives.

I'm not saying that 1 of 3 might not be inactive.

But let's absolutely not waste a day phase discussing people with no posts and actually try to discuss suspicions we have about people who we can hold accountable for their words to some degree.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:09 am
nutella wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:59 am Anyone got any good reasons to choose either sig or inh over the other?
Nope. I saw some evidence that Jay was softer on sig than the other low posters, and the only time he acknowledged INH at all was in the GTH thing.
But then there's the whole "why aren't they being replaced?" argument. Dunya and malakim both subbed in for townies. Sig has been less active than sprit was and has not been replaced. INH did sub in for glorf, so I guess if we're following this logic I'd put him ahead of sig, but I'm not so sure we should follow that logic. I'm not sure we shouldn't either.

I still feel like voting for bob or maybe Long Con if we prefer to go after an active player. There does have to be at least one active scum remaining, after all.
ay was replaced into MPs role as scum
INH was replaced into glori's role of ????
I was replaced into sprityo's town role
Malakim was replaced into Dom's town role

I don't want to waste time speculating about INH today, though. There's nothing we can say that we haven't said before on him.

Let's talk people in the thread because at least 2 out of the 3 remaining scum are active imo.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:58 am I've just pulled some posts that stand out.
sig wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:32 am Mesk I've seen drunk mafia before but never high mafia, I'm enjoying it.

Also wow I'm dumb I thought the phase ended tonight.

I'm on phone about to drive to Columbus so my post will be limited, right now I've got a minor scum read on LC. I think his interaction with epi was odd and I don't like the nutella wagon which he helped to push. However, i always think lc is bad and i could see him and Epi dick slinging to be town on town
Nutella looks like she always does to me.

I do find Epi's ddl vote to be odd, he very much avoided both wagons and any fallout by voting that way.

Mesk514 it'll take awhile for you to switch over to the infodumping rules, it took me quite a few games.
sig dislikes the nutella wagon but doesn't give an opinion on anyone involved in it besides LC and Epi at any point. His LC talk here is just sitting on the fence.
sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:49 am I'm semi caught up but skipped a few pages in the middle.

I don't like daisy going after me and sprit and other low posters that screams mafia. Targeting people who aren't around to one defend themselves and two yo lynch since you get less heat if they flip civ when lynched. Since they weren't active so no big deal. Is my thoughts regarding lynching low posters. I also don't like het posts on wilgy they seem like she's trying to spread paranoia

From my catch up eloh and epi look good. From what I've seen of wilgy I like. I've got a slight civ read of nutella and am a slight scum read on lc.

If I wanted to throw my vote somewhere I'd go for either daisy or maybe lc however given t he two wagons I'll look over the cases really fast.

I might make one or two more posts , I've got to be up early tomorrow to go out with my friends family and finish some homework so I might not.
NO U.
sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:50 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:37 am
sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:33 am Howdy, sorry for not voting, I'd have gone for Daisy or LC since I didn't really see the case on any player. I'll address Daisy really fast, but first I want to say I really dislike the movement from her and JJJ to go after low posters who are kind off present, but not. I'll be totally honest I'm not very present and I find it odd people expect massive posts thanksgiving weekend. I also didn't expect this game to have 1400+ posts before day 3.

So since no lynches are impossible at this point one of the two, I'm assuming Jack due to vote break down has to be civ? Since mafia doesn't have a lynch survivor. Either way one of the two players should be seen as lock clear civ.
Why does Jack get your favorable outlook here?
So assuming nutella is who I think she is, then Jack was leading the lynch. True there might be other vote things going on, but I feel like neither Jack nor sloonie would make sense for the mafia team to target with their minus 1. Unless we're all way off with mafia members.

Jack didn't die and I only saw one known role that can survive a lynch. If it wasn't Jack then it's sloonie.

The only other role would be the 3rd party. Usually I'm very anti Third party, however it doesn't appear that this role is a SK so I don't care much and would rather focus on mafia. Therefore one of them must be a civ.
Put this here because I wanted to say that I agree with what sig's putting down re: EoD2. I don't have any inclination in reading the actual post.

---

I'd lynch him. The lack of night kills means more to me than any of that ^.
Jay was in the game when the lack of night kills happened on 2 successive nights. Do you think Jay would have for any reason failed to miss a deadline? (especially when the deadlines were so extended?). I strongly doubt it.

I also have strong doubts a deadline was missed last night because realistically, 2/3 are active and worst case scenario 1/3 is active.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Looked at that already. Chose sig.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:15 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:28 pm

eeegeeggggghhhhh

And do you consider this to be possibly alignment indicative?
nutella
Well, since you brought it up, it moves the needle two hairs from 'Town' to 'Scum' for nutella, based on the idea that a reaction that doesn't seem quite right to me evokes feelings of possible fakery.

Framing suspicion in a way that town can pick up on, but that doesn't state it directly. I don't like that.
And then nutella's post was obviously lamenting that we got a town flip rather than scum. In most games, a town flip is worst scenario. This game is different, with lynched failing almost half the time, but it's NOT GOOD, even as you said.
And then the way you presented the obversavion, making sure to place yourself as a part of 'us' and reemphasize the bright side and the town win condition.

These weak bits come together to make me feel like you're trying too hard to be the nonchalant townie and fly under the radar while casting shade on nutella.

So, no, I don't like your post. If you had said "no, not alignment indicative" I would have assumed that it was just a post for the sake of posting. But the way you framed your suspicion is sleazy and suspicious. :ponder:
I didn't bring up suspicion of nutella. My post wasn't about suspecting nutella. I didn't "frame" anything, and anyone who "picked up on it" was reading it wrong.

Yes, part of nutella's post was "obviously lamenting" that mal was town. There was nothing in my post denying that lynching a Civ is bad, or that nutella thought so.

You would prefer that a player always use the third-person "the Civs" rather than "us" unless they're Confirmed Civ? :rolleyes:

I agree, these bits are weak. Weak as hell, I dare say! :noble: You are so way off, I'm not trying too hard at anything right now. My nonchalance is pure, natural cool, my friend. I haven't seen "under the radar" in a Mafia game since 2012, so nuh-uh... and I would not want to cast shade on the unique and colourful flower that is nutella.

You keep replying everything with "I'm not actually trying hard" and we'll eventually have to lynch you for not looking civ enough. Just saying.
Is that what you read in that post?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:17 am
You know you're full of shit when Epi thinks your linguistics argument is boring.
I agree, speedchuck is full of shit.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

if both sig and INH were on the scum team, and both inactive, malakim would have replaced in for scum for sure. It's definitely one and not the other or maybe neither. :shrug:

But let's talk about speedchuck and colonialbob.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 am I'd argue that the climate in the thread was very clearly anti-Jay as we approached the deadline yesterday. Your vote may have put him over the top, but I don't find that to be a tremendously convincing fact given that he was clearly the most widely-suspected player and votes were beginning to pile on him.
I don't think that's a fair representation. At the time where bob placed his vote on Jay, there was someone else in the lead.

I know there's a case to be made for bussing, but I don't think this was a case of it. The votes at that specific point could have gone either way I think.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:42 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:15 am

nutella

Is that what you read in that post?
You literally wrote the same sentence in it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 am Apologies, but I was only looking for your posts regarding Jay in that ISO. However, my questions are here are meant to be about why you specifically vote for speedchuck rather than Jay, because from what I saw you had every reason to vote for Jay but only ended up moving to him because you preferred the voters against him to the voters against speedchuck. I want to know how your thoughts developed during the day phase, if that helps.
again, I feel like you were being a bit pushy here. In your long Jay/Bob iso you clearly say that while bob prodded Jay on numerous occasions, there was no heavy scum read from Bob to Jay. Why did he have "every reason to vote for Jay" then? I think that's a bit of a hyperbole. Perhaps he didn't have any more valid reasons to vote for speedchuck, but he did. That doesn't mean he didn't suspect speedchuck along with everyone else who had a vote on speed at that point.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:53 amYou literally wrote the same sentence in it.
Yeah, first thing in the morning.... scanned the post and missed that sentence. :haha: I tried trying hard and it didn't work out, so I'm trying to take a backseat now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

But how the fuck am I "replying to everything that I'm not trying hard"?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:41 am
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 am @Marmot any chance you can tell us how ties are handled?
nutella seemed to anticipate that a tie would happen.
do you think that's a far fetch for someone 1 vote away from being in a tie?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

was everyone aware that in the event of a tie a no-lynch occurs on D1 (before the tie happened, or after the tie happened)?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yes
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

I wasn't arguing friggin linguistics. There was nothing linguistic about my arguments. :suspish:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 am if both sig and INH were on the scum team, and both inactive, malakim would have replaced in for scum for sure. It's definitely one and not the other or maybe neither. :shrug:

You said you had reasons for me to be scum and Cbob town. I think we're still waiting on those?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]Quin[/mention], why vote INH over sig?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

If it helps, I'd also like to state that I went over DrWilgy this morning with fresh eyes and opened some past games of his at the same time (Civ and Scum and independent).

I think outside of trying to make a case against him by ISOing him and tunneling him over some mundane reason of a lack of clear suspects (I got flashbacks for going hard on Jack), he's town actually. So I withdraw my suspicions he could be scum for now.

If anything, however, he may be our independent. But I want our independent to win with us so he's townie for now.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 am If it helps, I'd also like to state that I went over DrWilgy this morning with fresh eyes and opened some past games of his at the same time (Civ and Scum and independent).

I think outside of trying to make a case against him by ISOing him and tunneling him over some mundane reason of a lack of clear suspects (I got flashbacks for going hard on Jack), he's town actually. So I withdraw my suspicions he could be scum for now.

If anything, however, he may be our independent. But I want our independent to win with us so he's townie for now.
I feel my reasons become less concrete and valid when Town DrWilgy doesn't always give heavy scum-lists like he did in Pirates, and that was more along the lines of being the exception than the rule.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:49 am
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 am if both sig and INH were on the scum team, and both inactive, malakim would have replaced in for scum for sure. It's definitely one and not the other or maybe neither. :shrug:

You said you had reasons for me to be scum and Cbob town. I think we're still waiting on those?
I'm sorry, I'm slow, but I promise I'm working on it. If for nothing else, I want a clear stance on how I feel about both of you. Clear and inductive, rather than basing it more in instinct.

It's been hard going through so many posts and trying to read through Sloonei's posts omfg. Don't envy me.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

on*

the i and o are so close.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:49 am

I'm sorry, I'm slow, but I promise I'm working on it. If for nothing else, I want a clear stance on how I feel about both of you. Clear and inductive, rather than basing it more in instinct.

It's been hard going through so many posts and trying to read through Sloonei's posts omfg. Don't envy me.
:grin: If I envied you, I'd be the one doing it. I don't even want to ISO myself.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 pm Matterhorn, K2, and Elbrus are the most powerful town roles IMO.
why do you think K2 is one of the most important town roles?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I'm just asking out of curiosity, and to create some discussion on importance of theory validation for me, esp on nutella's survival tbh.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 am
I wasn't arguing friggin linguistics. There was nothing linguistic about my arguments. :suspish:
:shrug: Me neither, I was just responding to your suspicion.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:52 am unrelated but @MovingPictures07 voting for yourself just so you can tick off the "I Voted!" box doesn't count. If you're not going to have time to read at least a couple posts and throw a semi-meaningful vote on someone, don't sign up for games at all.

@Spacedaisy @Dom @DrWilgy @Glorfindel @Mesk514 @sig come vote. and not for yourselves.

:disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
I just saw this. I might have seen it before when I first subbed in, but I didn't have any reads then.

nutella threw some serious shade at MP/Jay. :clap:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 pm Matterhorn, K2, and Elbrus are the most powerful town roles IMO.
To me, most of the town roles are pretty bad. Extra votes or missing votes, Malakim's role being able to copy the higher roles if he manages to target them, etc.

K2 gives us an opinion that we 100% know is a town opinion, and that we can take at face value. It is as useful as the person using it can make it, disregarding other votes and random targeting. It's not a game-changer, but it's constantly useful and usable.

Stopping a lynch is useless.
Permanent BTSC is good, but the mountains have to hope they get lucky to get it.
Surviving is good, but at the point I posted this, I assumed that the survival was over. And besides, I was talking about who mafia would target. The survival isn't a role that matters until it is targeted. It doesn't threaten scum actively.
Killing a player that helped lynch you is more likely to result in 2 town death than a real vengeance against mafia.
Kenya is a vig, which is cool, but it's very easy to misdirect. It would be in my top list if it weren't for the chances downgrading over time. I'll bet it tried to kill INH or someone at some point.
Insanifying has the targeting problem, and then it's just insanifying. If you insanify mafia, it just gives them an excuse to be silent. If you insanify town . . . Insanifying should be a scum role. Really.
Blanc might be good. I don't know what it means to take a look at 3rd party. The other two roles are a switch, which is situational, and another role that inhibits the lynch, which is meh. We weren't going to lynch Epi anyway.

K2 isn't as powerful as an info role. It isn't as powerful as a reliable vig, a desperado, or a gifter of some type. But it's active, not passive, and it works without dependence on lucky targets. It provides town with a reliably honest viewpoint. I'd put it up there.
But hey, I'm weird like that.

linki: is that something you could see someone doing to their teammate? It's an easily waived... accusation? Is it even an accusation?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 am But how the fuck am I "replying to everything that I'm not trying hard"?
You have multiple posts stating that you are less involved or tryharding this game than usual, or similar stuff.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ok re reading all of Day 1 again, and post Day 1, I feel better about what happened then.

(I'm doing side reads on people I have mild suspicions of or people I have actively cleared town as I go along the thread again with my bob/speed cases)

I didn't like Kyle's questions and comments to nutella during the eod 1.

Would someone recall if it was Kyle's vote that was last to move onto nutella? That would help me.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am
To me, most of the town roles are pretty bad. Extra votes or missing votes, Malakim's role being able to copy the higher roles if he manages to target them, etc.

K2 gives us an opinion that we 100% know is a town opinion, and that we can take at face value. It is as useful as the person using it can make it, disregarding other votes and random targeting. It's not a game-changer, but it's constantly useful and usable.

Stopping a lynch is useless.
Permanent BTSC is good, but the mountains have to hope they get lucky to get it.
Surviving is good, but at the point I posted this, I assumed that the survival was over. And besides, I was talking about who mafia would target. The survival isn't a role that matters until it is targeted. It doesn't threaten scum actively.
Killing a player that helped lynch you is more likely to result in 2 town death than a real vengeance against mafia.
Kenya is a vig, which is cool, but it's very easy to misdirect. It would be in my top list if it weren't for the chances downgrading over time. I'll bet it tried to kill INH or someone at some point.
Insanifying has the targeting problem, and then it's just insanifying. If you insanify mafia, it just gives them an excuse to be silent. If you insanify town . . . Insanifying should be a scum role. Really.
Blanc might be good. I don't know what it means to take a look at 3rd party. The other two roles are a switch, which is situational, and another role that inhibits the lynch, which is meh. We weren't going to lynch Epi anyway.

K2 isn't as powerful as an info role. It isn't as powerful as a reliable vig, a desperado, or a gifter of some type. But it's active, not passive, and it works without dependence on lucky targets. It provides town with a reliably honest viewpoint. I'd put it up there.

linki: is that something you could see someone doing to their teammate? It's an easily waived... accusation? Is it even an accusation?
I like this post a lot. Thank you for sharing your opinion, it's enlightening to see and I see and agree with most of your points.

On the other hand, if K2's opinions are wrong, because we're all human, it can lead to some bad tunneling perhaps. In a game of role madness, I like how Marmot has given us some and taken some away from us. Feels very balanced this game, I'm happy with that.

I'm not disagreeing with you, btw, I think K2 and Everest and both important (but everyone thinks Everest is lame whereas I think Everest has the power to change a vote and I believe Everest was responsible for Day 1 no lynch -- so to devalue it is silly).
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 am (but everyone thinks Everest is lame whereas I think Everest has the power to change a vote and I believe Everest was responsible for Day 1 no lynch -- so to devalue it is silly).
Well, in a sense, Everest itself has vanilla town value. When Everest dies, it's vote passes town to the next highest living mountain. So killing Everest is pointless. The vote will stay as long as town lives.

Which... raises some questions.
[mention]Marmot[/mention]
With town having an extra vote, will the game go to town if we get it down to 1 town 1 scum? Usually scum would overrun because they have a kill and the vote is deadlocked. But whatever townie is left would have 2 votes... :shifty:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:39 am
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 am (but everyone thinks Everest is lame whereas I think Everest has the power to change a vote and I believe Everest was responsible for Day 1 no lynch -- so to devalue it is silly).
Well, in a sense, Everest itself has vanilla town value. When Everest dies, it's vote passes town to the next highest living mountain. So killing Everest is pointless. The vote will stay as long as town lives.

@Marmot
With town having an extra vote, will the game go to town if we get it down to 1 town 1 scum? Usually scum would overrun because they have a kill and the vote is deadlocked. But whatever townie is left would have 2 votes... :shifty:
I must have misunderstood. I thought if Everest dies, it'll go to K2/next highest mountain. I had no idea if K2/next highest mountain dies as well it gets passed on again. :shrug:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:49 am
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:39 am

Marmot
I must have misunderstood. I thought if Everest dies, it'll go to K2/next highest mountain. I had no idea if K2/next highest mountain dies as well it gets passed on again. :shrug:
Uhhhh
Good point I might have inferred that. Marmot will answer all maybe.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am linki: is that something you could see someone doing to their teammate?
nutella/MP thing?

certainly not on Day 1 imo.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I mean, imagine if nutella was scum and MP voted himself instead of the next leading wagon. lmao. Well then yea, nutella would have been royally pissed. But I don't see MP doing that. :shrug:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am
Where does the role say anything about managing to target them?
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am K2 gives us an opinion that we 100% know is a town opinion, and that we can take at face value. It is as useful as the person using it can make it, disregarding other votes and random targeting. It's not a game-changer, but it's constantly useful and usable.
The longer that role is alive, the more dangerous it becomes.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 amStopping a lynch is useless.
Not at all.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 amPermanent BTSC is good, but the mountains have to hope they get lucky to get it.
The same comment regarding K2 applies here.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 amSurviving is good, but at the point I posted this, I assumed that the survival was over. And besides, I was talking about who mafia would target. The survival isn't a role that matters until it is targeted. It doesn't threaten scum actively.
Would you consider a protector a powerful civilian role? I would. Survival roles are basically like a protector automatically gets his target right. That's even more powerful.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 amKilling a player that helped lynch you is more likely to result in 2 town death than a real vengeance against mafia.
So are lynches. By that thinking, we should never lynch anybody.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am Kenya is a vig, which is cool, but it's very easy to misdirect. It would be in my top list if it weren't for the chances downgrading over time. I'll bet it tried to kill INH or someone at some point.
How is it very easy to misdirect?

If the mafia are inactive and only JJJ was active, then he may have killed Spacedaisy, and Kenya could have killed JackofHearts, who was quite suspected. The nightkills are both written in the passive voice, and I have little reason to believe Kenya targeted Spacedaisy. I have some reason to think Kenya targeted JackofHearts, which leaves open the possibility that Jack was indeed bad, but again, we must regard the "if" here, given three deathless Nights. If Jack is bad, he would have to be the unluckiest mafia member I have ever seen.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am Insanifying has the targeting problem, and then it's just insanifying. If you insanify mafia, it just gives them an excuse to be silent. If you insanify town . . . Insanifying should be a scum role. Really.
More or less agreed.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am Blanc might be good. I don't know what it means to take a look at 3rd party. The other two roles are a switch, which is situational, and another role that inhibits the lynch, which is meh. We weren't going to lynch Epi anyway.
If anything, removing someone from the poll lets everyone else know Blanc is alive and well.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am K2 isn't as powerful as an info role. It isn't as powerful as a reliable vig, a desperado, or a gifter of some type. But it's active, not passive, and it works without dependence on lucky targets. It provides town with a reliably honest viewpoint. I'd put it up there.

I'm not altogether sure why you spent an entire post lamenting your perceived lack of civilian firepower.

For one thing, I don't agree with that. When you compare what the civilians are working with to a vanilla killer, a blocker, a -1 vote that has to be called ahead of time, and a singular self-protection each Night, I'd say the civilians are well-equipped.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:51 am
nutella wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:58 am Hmm.. well as far as we know, there's
-Aconcagua: immune to the first attempt on their life (lynch or NK)
[-Chimborazo: could have stolen Aconcagua's ability at some point, but seems highly unlikely as Dom/Malakim would have been an unlikely nk target]
-Kilimanjaro: can make themself immune to night actions 3x/game
-Mont Blanc: can switch targets 1x/game
(-Matterhorn: secrets)
(-Olympus Mons: secrets)

...Ehhh. Some of these may have happened, but maybe we really do have scummers sleeping on the job. I could vote an inactive.
I don't think that the scum team consists entirely of a inactives.

I'm not saying that 1 of 3 might not be inactive.

But let's absolutely not waste a day phase discussing people with no posts and actually try to discuss suspicions we have about people who we can hold accountable for their words to some degree.
:nicenod:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

I don't think that's logical.

sig was not completely inactive, and had stated in his first post that there would be a stretch where he would not be particularly active.

Glorfindel never posted at all. insertnamehere replaced him and said nothing but was active elsewhere. I doubt the host would use another replacement for this role regardless of alignment until the other spots got a replacement first.

MP was mafia and got replaced.

Dom was a civilian and got replaced.

Assuming you are a civilian, that's two civilian replacements and at least one mafia replacement.

There's no reason to assume the host would favor the mafia faction with replacements over civilians.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Side Missions”