Phenon: Origins Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 165
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Re: Phenon: Origins Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Julinook »

I definitely thought the deadline was yesterday. Given that it looks like Juliet has conceded, the next step ought to be to find connections on that front. I believe that has already begun in some capacity. I’ll see what I can find later tonight.

Considering the difficulty of the setup I think we find ourselves in a pretty damn nice position.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Spooky Ghost »

That does seem to be the case but I think we should still move forward with the assumption that we still have 2 baddies to find.

I mean it's fine to draw connections with Juliet but I don't want to lose this game last minute by accidentally clearing someone from suspicion who shouldn't have actually been really cleared.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

By all means, playing cautiously lends itself to playing thoroughly so I encourage it. I think any kinds of analytic opportunities any player perceives to exist should be explored when the objective information available is so limited.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Indeed, the best method available might be to check everyone against everyone else to discern the most compatible associations (and least for the sake of process of elimination). It's a bit of a workload, but it's manageable with a small number of players like we have. I'll try to get to it as time permits.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Juliet and Alpha make compatible teammates?
Juliet wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:44 pm
India wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:37 pm
Charlie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 pm As a component of this hypothetical dick, I must admit that I fail to appreciate its relevance to our objective. I shall not promise that I will not participate should a timely opportunity present itself, but I shall heretofore assume that any participant who focuses disproportionately on that goal to have insufficient priorities and that they are taking advantage of the sophomoric spelling mission to distract from the true and correct mission: the search for those among us who seek to destroy.
Should I vote Alpha for their obsession with avatar spelling?
Or Charlie for this egregious post?
Here, have my vote. Will that help you decide?
Alpha is only incidentally relevant here, so the meaning to be drawn from it is limited. It probably says more about India than either of the other two mentioned in the exchange.
Juliet wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:59 pm
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:24 pm tl;dr would force legible content and prevent rapping being used as a smokescreen.
Forcing a player and imposing your will?
Calm your jets man, sit back and chill
I can't be arsed to take your pill
I'll play as a I like, and enjoy it still :slick:
Juliet kind of refused to humor Alpha on the request for tl;dr explanations attached to the raps. In a world where Juliet is bad and distancing is perceived to be less important than usual, this looks more like a non-teammate exchange wherein the baddie is trying to appear genuine by being obstinate.

Juliet makes a case against Alpha

This case came after the India/Echo thing unfolded while Juliet claimed to not be caught up entirely. The case itself means less to me than what followed soon after:
Juliet wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:02 pm Thanks for pulling that quote. I missed that post originally.
Alpha answered the accusations, they had a brief exchange, and Juliet ended the matter here and dropped the suspicion. To me, that looks like someone genuinely trying to explore a lynch option, realizing that it isn't going to take, and shutting it down. In the universe where Juliet is bad, that entire progression would strike me as pretty pointless if they're teamed together.
Alpha wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 pm Foxtrot, Hotel, and Juliet also haven't checked in yet.
This is the first mention on Alpha's side, a generic activity prod alongside a couple others.
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:25 pm I'd be okay with a Juliet vote.
There was little else until this, after India and Alpha discussed the rap gimmick Juliet opted for and the lack of clarity within the lyrics. After Juliet didn't comply with the tl;dr request mentioned above, Alpha went ahead with that vote. Again, this doesn't look like a teammate exchange to me.

More recently Alpha has begun a similar effort to what I am doing presently, considering associations of players with Juliet.

Conclusion: I am doubtful that Alpha and Juliet are both mafia.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Juliet and Charlie make compatible teammates?
Juliet wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:44 pm
India wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:37 pm
Charlie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 pm As a component of this hypothetical dick, I must admit that I fail to appreciate its relevance to our objective. I shall not promise that I will not participate should a timely opportunity present itself, but I shall heretofore assume that any participant who focuses disproportionately on that goal to have insufficient priorities and that they are taking advantage of the sophomoric spelling mission to distract from the true and correct mission: the search for those among us who seek to destroy.
Should I vote Alpha for their obsession with avatar spelling?
Or Charlie for this egregious post?
Here, have my vote. Will that help you decide?
As I said with Alpha, I think the relevance of Charlie to this exchange is incidental.

That's the only thing I see for Charlie in Juliet's ISO other than another similar indirect reference in response to Alpha's questioning post-case-against-Alpha.
Charlie wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:30 pm Nice analysis Bravo. I'd definitely be down to vote for Juliets next phase or maybe Foxtrot (I can't quite put my finger on how I feel about Foxtrot yet)
Charlie's first mention came on Day 2. It should be noted that Charlie expressed willingness to vote either Juliet or maybe Foxtrot, and not long afterword Foxtrot turned up dead. In that regard, if Charlie is on the team that killed Foxtrot then he sort of restricted himself to a Juliet vote here (which would be a bizarre decision if they're teammates).
Charlie wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:00 am
Alpha wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:48 pm In case I die tonight:

Juliets was suspiciously quick to not only accept that Echo was the real Oracle but also to practically praise Echo for their strategy which involved leveraging possibility of Oracle information in exchange for personal survival. In the light that Echo was a mafia member fake-claiming Oracle, this looks really bad. Juliet was also very quick to drop their suspicion of me and there was also some inconsistency there regarding their reasoning for suspecting me in the first place. The whole thing just felt kinda sketchy I guess. As of right now Juliet is my top scum read.

Bravo and Charlie are probably civ, everyone else I have neutral reads on.
:srsnod: good post op

Gosh it's quiet in here :\ and I think the night post is (over)due? but add me to the "if I die lynch juliet" club
Charlie wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:15 pm RIP foxtrot.

I'm voting for Juliet, at least for now. Don't want to fall into a tunnel though so I am open to other possibilities.
At the end of Night 2 and beginning of Day 3, Charlie held true to that pledge while remaining open. The openness doesn't bother me, it's the right mindset for a civilian to have at the very start of a day.

Conclusion: there are only a few things to talk about here, but I do think they point to a scenario where Charlie and Juliet are not both mafia.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Juliet and Delta make compatible teammates?

I don't see a mention of Delta in Juliet's posts or vice-versa.

Conclusion: there is nothing to indicate that they are or are not both mafia. It's possible.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Juliet and Golf make compatible teammates?

I don't see a mention of Golf in Juliet's posts.
Golf wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:18 pm I'm also concerned about the fact that Juliet is trying to imply they are Dr. Wilgy. Why? If it is Wilgyi would be inclined to think he is good, but if it is not actually Wilgy, I am inclined to think they are trying to appear as Wilgy to look more benign.
Golf was the one to raise the idea that Juliet might be Wilgy, and if so it might be a civilian indicator (or if not it's suspicious).
Golf wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:31 pm I moved my vote to Juliet for two reasons: 1. Self preservation. 2. I don't trust that she is who she wants us to think she is.
Golf voted Juliet here on Day 1 when the two of them were, I believe, the prevailing wagons. This was before the wagon on Kilo took off. I am not thrilled about the vagueness of #2, though it does mesh with the previously-mentioned Wilgy-or-not-Wilgy judgment. I'm not sure there was a good reason to say that Person Making Rap Posts = Wilgy/Wilgy impersonator. I also recall the post Echo made about this, blaming nobody in particular but voicing displeasure about the thought process.

Golf discussed this later in a theory about BTSC between Juliet and Echo. I find myself wondering if each of the three of them was involved in this particular BTSC discussion. :ponder:
Golf wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:41 pm I doubt I will be the one to die tonight, because I haven't done any hunting in the last cycle at all so I'm not a threat and I have drawn some attention. But if I do die, I think I would also say, lynch Juliet. I'm thinking the reason it might have come up in BTSC was because it was about one of them.
Golf voiced support for a Juliet lynch at the end of Night 2. At this point it had become something of a chorus.

Conclusion: I think there is a believable scenario where Golf and Juliet are teamed together. This contrasts the genuine appearance I think Golf has had much of the game, and I welcome other viewpoints here. Talk to me about it.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Juliet and Hotel make compatible teammates?
Juliet wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:36 pm I switched my vote to a non-poster for now. @Hotel

I'm happy to lynch such a player today.
Juliet threw a standard non-poster vote on Hotel on Day 1. In an ordinary game this may look like a token distancing vote; there's less room for that interpretation in this game.
Juliet wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:58 pm
Hotel wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 pm Okay, voting Echo because why not. Need to finish catching up and then hopefully can provide some reads. This has been a tough setup to get my mind around.
What part are you having trouble getting your mind around?
Softball question. It doesn't add much of anything, but it does provide Hotel with something to talk about. Hotel expanded on the challenges of the setup in response.
Hotel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:40 pm
Juliet wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:36 pm I switched my vote to a non-poster for now. @Hotel

I'm happy to lynch such a player today.
Not cool, man. Not cool.
Chummy response to the generic prod. Okay.

Juliet is yellow on the Day 2 rainbow

I don't care much about the color. It is a timid placement of Juliet though, alongside Delta who had posted very little if anything to that point.
Hotel wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:08 pm I'm okay with voting Juliet as well, so I will go ahead and do that now, though I will admit I am rather nervous about it.

That said, I do agree with Bravo that POE is the way to go. The thing is: I'm feeling that most of the players currently in the game are town. Juliet, Foxtrot, and Delta were the only three I didn't feel compelled to read as particularly town, and now Foxtrot is gone, a choice which I can't wrap my head around.

I'd be fine lynching either Delta or Juliet, frankly. If that doesn't end the game though, I'm not sure what to do.
On Day 3 Hotel is willing to lynch Juliet or Delta as a product of POE, with trepidation. I think the POE mindset is agreeable and it does match the prior rainbow. I'm not really bothered by the hesitation over the ease of the development of the lynch either. It does promote a more uneasy atmosphere, but I wouldn't say it stalls the lynch or prevents it (that's the important detail to me in an examination of Juliet team dynamics).

Conclusion: there are some moments that look iffy at face value. I'd say this is a compatible association between Hotel and Juliet, but not one that jumps out at me.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

It must be noted that those analyses rely on two things:

1 - Juliet is bad. If not, then the team dynamics I've drawn up don't mean anything.

2 - Kilo was good. If Kilo was bad, and we assume Echo was bad, then there can only be one remaining baddie. Team dynamics theories among living players don't matter. Also, if Juliets is the sole baddie and we lynch Juliet, then the game is over and none of this matters.

If the second assumption doesn't hold, then pure hunting based on face-value judgments of individuals takes precedence over interactive hunting. There is no way for us to actually know whether this is the case, but it can influence our methods and our votes. If the first assumption doesn't hold, other team dynamics of the living players not including Juliet are still meaningful to explore. I will be doing so to ensure all bases are covered.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

BABBBBBBBB

wow

Juliet has been lynched

See you in 22 hours or 10 pm tomorrow
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Lunatella »

Ok, so clearly we still have at least one baddie out here.
Lunalee
nutella
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Celeste »

Julinook
Hydra Account

Re: Phenon: Origins Mafia [Night 3]

Post by Julinook »

I'm going to review other possible teams for scenarios featuring two living mafia members now. Copying them here for my own reference:

Alpha-Charlie
Alpha-Delta
Alpha-Golf
Alpha-Hotel
Charlie-Delta
Charlie-Golf
Charlie-Hotel
Delta-Golf
Delta-Hotel
Golf-Hotel

Note: I do think it's more likely than not that Juliet was mafia. Day 3 felt like a concession and a refusal to give the civilians more data to work with by posting. So it has to be stated that if that is true and Echo was also mafia, these dynamics I am about to examine don't reflect the present game. This is an effort to cover bases, and it could still come in handy for the purposes of process of elimination or for a later phase.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Alpha and Charlie make compatible teammates?

Alpha gave Charlie crap for the "Knights Templar" post / continued / and a vote / qualified

I don't think this looks like distancing, and that would have less meaning in this setup anyway. This looks like a legitimate jab by Alpha at Charlie.

Alpha got in Echo's grill when the latter joined the Charlie wagon.

This bears a similar appearance. I don't think Alpha is being protective of Charlie here; but instead the interrogative pressure has shifted to Echo about Charlie. More
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:42 pm I don't necessarily see my vote staying on Charlie. My issue with Charlie was their puffed up civvie pride attitude not being backed up by any actually scum hunting footwork. Now that they've actually done some stuff it doesn't look quite as damning.
Alpha backed off of the Charlie suspicion later in Day 1. If this was all distancing before then at best I would call it unnecessary.
Alpha wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:48 pm In case I die tonight:

Juliets was suspiciously quick to not only accept that Echo was the real Oracle but also to practically praise Echo for their strategy which involved leveraging possibility of Oracle information in exchange for personal survival. In the light that Echo was a mafia member fake-claiming Oracle, this looks really bad. Juliet was also very quick to drop their suspicion of me and there was also some inconsistency there regarding their reasoning for suspecting me in the first place. The whole thing just felt kinda sketchy I guess. As of right now Juliet is my top scum read.

Bravo and Charlie are probably civ, everyone else I have neutral reads on.
Charlie was less a point of focus for Alpha on Day 2, and by Night 2 the read was civilian.

Charlie's mentions of Alpha are mostly limited to the same conversations referenced above. Charlie has been supportive of Alpha throughout the game.

Conclusion: in a normal game it'd feel like tinfoil to call these two teammates, and in this game it's even more tinfoil. Not feeling it.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Alpha and Delta make compatible teammates?
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:39 am
Echo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:28 am
Kilo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:10 am*Foxtrot*
Why Foxtrot and not Delta?
Why Delta over Foxtrot?
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:16 am We can't spell dick if we lynch Delta.
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:18 am Unless the goal is to put vote pressure on Delta until they post?
The Dick Joke amounted to a protection of Delta here. I don't know that I actually care, but it exists so here you go. I think the joke was just genuinely important to Alpha in the moment and that this needn't reflect on any alignments or associations.
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:17 pm Delta Foxtrot and Hotel are the only ones who have yet to check in.
Standard prod.
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:40 pm moving my vote to Delta to see if anything shakes out of the 4 way tie
I can't remember what the tally looked like at this point or whether Delta was part of the four-way tie. The vote stayed on Delta if Alpha's report is to be believed. I don't see a good reason to lie about that.

Alpha noted that Delta didn't say anything about Juliet. This observation didn't come with a judgment.

Delta wondered aloud about some of the oracle/disguiser drama in response to Alpha's commentary on the same.

Conclusion: I'd say they're at least compatible, even if this interaction doesn't particularly move me.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Alpha and Golf make compatible teammates?

I'm going to limit my focus to this exchange:
Golf wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:26 pm
Alpha wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:02 pm Also there's a significant difference between being dismayed at there being no info flips and flipping the table over and complaining there was no point in playing because we aren't being rewarded with information.
I'm sorry if you think I was being whiny, I've had discussions with Sprityo behind the scenes and made it clear to him that while my opinion is this is a severely civ handicapping element, I vote for flips but would defer to him if he felt like doing so would break his game. I don't appreciate you going on and on about how awful I and others are for saying outright what we see as a balance issue. I am entitled to my opinion and I have been nothing but supportive of whatever Sprityo believes is best for his game while still being honest about my evaluation of the balance. Clearly others think like you and I am fine with it, but I would appreciate if you would move on from continuing to make it a personal attack on me and any one else who stated what they believed to be a problematic mechanic. I am not a whiner and I don't appreciate you continuing to call me names basically. Stop it, or we can take it to the mod.

I apologize to the players and host for my recent absence in the last 48 hours, I have been extremely busy and not getting enough sleep. I just didn't have the time. But I am back now. Please don't take this personally Sprityo and bear with us, this is the holiday season and it might be hard to be as active as normal.

Where are we at here? Are we actually still in Day 2? If so, I'm self voting.

*votes Golf*
Alpha wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:08 pm
Golf wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:26 pmI don't appreciate you going on and on about how awful I and others are for saying outright what we see as a balance issue. Etc. Etc. Etc.
I haven't gone on and on about anything. Juliet was the one who brought it back up, and I needed to clarify things because they were acting like I was making things up.

I've been personally done with the subject since the end of day 1. I brought it up in the first place because I didn't feel like the negativity had any purpose other than to make sprityo feel bad. I probably went a little over the top with hyperbole calling the behavior "whining", and I'm sorry for that, but it seemed like the thread was going down a bad path and I wasn't okay with that. I didn't like that players were saying they weren't going to care about the game or take it seriously because there weren't any flips. I also didn't like that it seemed to be bothering sprityo.

I actually just.... don't really care about this topic, if you're here to play mafia then let's play mafia.
I don't think it's common for people to distance with this kind of emotional expression even in normal games. I have seen something like this turn out to be a teammate relationship maybe once ever, in a game featuring two people who are just more likely to do that kind of thing (Zebra and MacDougall).

Conclusion: I doubt these two are mafia teammates.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Alpha and Hotel make compatible teammates?
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:17 pm Delta Foxtrot and Hotel are the only ones who have yet to check in.
Standard prod.
Alpha wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:10 pm
Hotel wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:08 pmI'm okay with voting Juliet as well, so I will go ahead and do that now, though I will admit I am rather nervous about it.
What is the cause of your nervousness?
Softball question.

Considers Hotel as a potential teammate of Juliet

I think Juliet was the likely lynch at this point, so that Alpha provided this perspective indicates to me a real exploration of the possibility of lynching Hotel. This would again represent unnecessary distancing or bussing in my opinion.

Hotel skimmed and called Alpha a town read

I believe this was a near-consensus perspective at the time.
Hotel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 pm
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 pm @Foxtrot what was the deal with your vote for India?
What's the deal with airplane food?

Oh, wait, wrong game.
Banter.
Hotel wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:52 pm Alpha and Bravo are supatown. If either one is bad, we're doomed.
Strengthened expression of the town read / again in later rainbow

Conclusion: there is some neutral chatter in here which could be called compatible. The point that speaks loudest to me though is Alpha's association of Hotel and Juliet, which I think points to them not being mafia together.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Charlie and Delta make compatible teammates?
Charlie wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:22 pm
Delta wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:51 am From the one other time I dealt with the Disguiser role, it functioned as thus : When the Disguiser killed someone, their original account was shown as dying and they took over the account of their actual target. Which would mean India was the original account of the Disguiser and Echo the actual kill last night. Important for when looking at possible connections.

[VOTE: ] aubergine
[VOTE:

...Huh?
Nah. Technically this could be the case but it seems highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure that India was actually the oracle and targeted echo and India was targeted for the kill and echo has been the disguiser the whole time.]
aubergine
[VOTE:

Neutral discussion of the oracle and disguiser after the reveal was posted.

I don't see mention of Charlie in Delta's posts.

Conclusion: there's barely anything to talk about here. Technically they're compatible.]
aubergine
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Charlie and Golf make compatible teammates?
Charlie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:12 pm Ok lemme just go ahead and say I'mma not do that fancy posh verbiage heavy style. At first I was thinkin I was gonna do a different style every post and just keep changin' up the way I speak, but thinking about it now in light of india's thoughts, that's probably not the right choice here and would just make it easier for the disguiser. So I'll try to settle into a more normal style.

Alpha and India, I kind of get why you voted for me, but I wasn't trying to hide behind the style (well kind of in that I think it's fun to see how long one's sock puppet can last without being obviously identified as one's own style) I was just having a bit of fun with it. Alpha, I don't actually think you're particularly suspicious after all as you are one of the most active so far and your jokeyness is genuine. Thus I'll change my vote, not to a non-poster but to someone who has at least checked in but has not yet participated much. IIRC Golf fits that description.
Charlie voted Golf on Day 1 for the reason I've highlighted. Charlie later moved the vote to Kilo. This would fall under the "unnecessary if it's distancing" category.
Charlie wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:25 pm And I did say justification was important so I should qualify that vote change. I like Bravo's perspective on Kilo and I can see scum potential in the level of K's participation, which is not too much and not too little. I don't actually suspect Golf that much now that they have returned and claimed bad internet, so I want to vote for someone more in the mid-posting range because scum often blend in like that. And since B is already voting there it has somewhat more chance of competing with my current lead in votes.
Charlie eased up on Golf later in a way that looks a lot like the way Alpha handled Charlie himself. I don't think this change of heart appears disingenuous.
Charlie wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:51 pm Foxtrot, I don't get why you so strongly suspect(ed) India. Is there more to your suspicion than the bit about telling Golf to catch up? Because that's really weak. You haven't answered yet whether your suspicion of India is entirely dependent on their being buddies with Golf or not, so I would like to second that question. Do you have any other reasons to suspect either of them independently of each other?
Charlie yammered at Foxtrot for their handling of Golf. This is protective of Golf by way of being aggressive against Foxtrot, in such a vocal way that may be easier for a baddie to stomach in their handling of a teammate (hypothetically Golf in this case) in a game with no flips. The strength of the language here is stronger than we've seen from Charlie elsewhere.
Golf wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 pm
Kilo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:20 pm We're past the deadline?

Golf

Cause chance is for suckers.
Please explain.

My internet was down for the better part of the day yesterday, which is why I was absent. I'm casting a vote for Charlie.
Golf reciprocated Charlie's early vote.
Golf wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:59 pm
Bravo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:40 pm
Golf wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 pmPlease explain.

My internet was down for the better part of the day yesterday, which is why I was absent. I'm casting a vote for Charlie.
Why Charlie?
Self preservation. Plus I know I am civilian so that means it's entirely possible that the bandwagon formed on me to protect Charlie.
Self-preservation was cited along with this bandwagon theorizing. This kind of has a Captain Obvious sound to me. I can see a scenario where these two actually did distance from one another, perhaps out of some mafia-aligned instincts irrespective of the unique setup. It's rather tinfoily I grant.

I believe the vote stayed on Charlie.

Conclusion: I could see them as mafia together. It isn't a confident matter that shakes up my view of the game, but it's a possibility I acknowledge.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Charlie and Hotel make compatible teammates?
Charlie wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:47 pm Huh, poll is still screwed up and showing Kilo at one vote but both Bravo and I show up as voting for Kilo so it should be two.

Hotel can you explain why you suspect me and why you suspect Foxtrot?
Neutral prod to expand on suspicion.

Hotel has Charlie as a Day 1 mafia read
Hotel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 pm
Charlie wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:47 pm Huh, poll is still screwed up and showing Kilo at one vote but both Bravo and I show up as voting for Kilo so it should be two.

@Hotel can you explain why you suspect me and why you suspect Foxtrot?
Just aren't sure if either of you is genuine. Foxtrot seems a bit OTT in a disingenuous way, and your posting seems... detached, for lack of a better word.
Hotel attributed the mafia read on Charlie to a perspective of being "detached".
Hotel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 pm Upon reflection I think C's avatar made him/her seem more detached. Lol.
I can see that, frankly. One of these days I need to remember to look deeper into the impacts of avatar emotional provocation upon reads trends. :ponder: Uh, anyway, continuing...

In light of my interactive analysis of Echo and Charlie, Hotel felt they made unlikely teammates.

This represents a break from the initial read, and in a way that I appreciate. I was less confident in my reception of my own analysis than Hotel and voiced Charlie as a point of some disparity (between the evidence and the appearance at face value). This then looks to me more like someone helping me to qualify my own concerns rather than someone protecting a teammate.

Charlie is dark green on the rainbow

It's consistent I suppose.

Conclusion: I think Hotel's read on Charlie looks like more like an authentic progression than one derived opportunistically. They don't look much like mafia teammates to me.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Lunatella »

No, my day 1 vote went to Kilo.

Also I am unsure what you mean about Foxtrot? That post was about how Foxtrot handled India I thought. By the time that was going on Foxtrot had backed off me and had tried to convince me to vote India with him. Unless I'm getting mixed up.
Lunalee
nutella
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Delta and Golf make compatible teammates?

Delta hasn't mentioned Golf.
Golf wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:21 pm Placing a vote on Juliet, going to go back and read through Delta because I have no impression of them whatsoever.
Golf wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:29 pm No wonder I have no impression of him, he only has three posts.
This is all I see from Golf about Delta. The lack of a read is understandable given the sparsity of content available.

Conclusion: there's nothing here to point in either direction. They're compatible as mafia teammates if only by default.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Golf wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:55 pm No, my day 1 vote went to Kilo.
Thanks for the correction. [mention]sprityo[/mention], save the polls por favor. :nicenod:
Golf wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:55 pmAlso I am unsure what you mean about Foxtrot? That post was about how Foxtrot handled India I thought. By the time that was going on Foxtrot had backed off me and had tried to convince me to vote India with him. Unless I'm getting mixed up.
I should clarify: you went after Foxtrot for his handling of India with respect to their relationship with Golf. Am I understanding correctly? Foxtrot drew an association between India and Golf which you felt was a dubious assertion?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Delta and Hotel make compatible teammates?

Delta hasn't mentioned Hotel.

Delta is yellow on Hotel's rainbow
Hotel wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:08 pm I'm okay with voting Juliet as well, so I will go ahead and do that now, though I will admit I am rather nervous about it.

That said, I do agree with Bravo that POE is the way to go. The thing is: I'm feeling that most of the players currently in the game are town. Juliet, Foxtrot, and Delta were the only three I didn't feel compelled to read as particularly town, and now Foxtrot is gone, a choice which I can't wrap my head around.

I'd be fine lynching either Delta or Juliet, frankly. If that doesn't end the game though, I'm not sure what to do.
Hotel is okay with lynching Delta by POE. This corroborates the rainbow.

Conclusion: there's not much to work with here. They're compatible by default.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Bravo wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:02 pm
Golf wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:55 pm No, my day 1 vote went to Kilo.
Thanks for the correction. sprityo, save the polls por favor. :nicenod:
Golf wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:55 pmAlso I am unsure what you mean about Foxtrot? That post was about how Foxtrot handled India I thought. By the time that was going on Foxtrot had backed off me and had tried to convince me to vote India with him. Unless I'm getting mixed up.
I should clarify: Charlie went after Foxtrot for his handling of India with respect to their relationship with Golf. Am I understanding correctly? Foxtrot drew an association between India and Golf which Charlie felt was a dubious assertion?
correction in highlight

Charlie, please let me know if there's a misinterpretation.

I need a break from all these letters. :goofp:
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Do Golf and Hotel make compatible teammates?

I don't see a mention of Hotel in Golf's posts.

Golf is a town read on Day 1
Hotel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:59 pm
Golf wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:58 pm He basically was saying India was suspicious because her response to me was, "Catch up with the thread" which ftr was pointless because I was completely caught up. I was simply stating the couple things that stood out to me. Right or wrong, that was how Juliet read to me at the time. Did I sum that up pretty accurately, Fox?
Oh, okay. I must have missed that. Entirely possible since I read things super quickly. I could vote "I" as well then. Either that or "K".
Hotel asked for an expansion on Foxtrot's suspicion of India, and Golf responded here. Hotel was cordially receptive.

Hotel felt Golf's frustration about the setup was genuine

Golf is a light green on the Day 2 rainbow
Hotel wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:26 pm
Alpha wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:10 pm
Hotel wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:08 pmI'm okay with voting Juliet as well, so I will go ahead and do that now, though I will admit I am rather nervous about it.
What is the cause of your nervousness?
Precisely the words that Golf stole from my mouth:
Golf wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:15 pm My concern is there isn't much opposition to thislynch. Unless she is a lone baddie left now or her team mate is bussing her.
When pressed about being nervous about the Juliet lynch, Hotel cited the reason provided by Golf (that there wasn't much opposition). I'm not sure it's typical of a mafioso to blatantly say "I feel exactly like my teammate right here about this near-certain lynch" in this manner, which would be a decent look. That kind of read is more difficult to make confidently without flips in the game, but I do still feel it.

Conclusion: I don't think this the most likely teammate pairing. Hotel's treatment of Golf in particular would be rather brazen if they're both mafia.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

One immediate feeling I have emerging from that exercise is that generally, the pairing which seem compatible also have the feel of tinfoiling. The exceptions would be those pairings which include Delta, who is pretty much compatible with anyone simply for lack of content. This has raised my degree of confidence that Juliet was mafia. I think it's important for everyone to consider that question carefully, because it dictates how one must proceed with the hunt. If Juliet was mafia (and Echo), then reads at face value are what matter now. If not, then the dynamics I've just drawn have more meaning and should be carefully parsed through.

I'd very much like to hear any alternative perspectives as well.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

My top individual suspect is Delta.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I'll be out the rest of the night. If I drop dead, please fill my shoes as much as time permits by working out any and all potential evidence which exists in this thread. The game is winnable, and wouldn't it be a really cool achievement to win this thing as a civilian?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

One more post to pass Alpha. :meany:
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Bravo wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:21 pm One immediate feeling I have emerging from that exercise is that generally, the pairing which seem compatible also have the feel of tinfoiling. The exceptions would be those pairings which include Delta, who is pretty much compatible with anyone simply for lack of content. This has raised my degree of confidence that Juliet was mafia. I think it's important for everyone to consider that question carefully, because it dictates how one must proceed with the hunt. If Juliet was mafia (and Echo), then reads at face value are what matter now. If not, then the dynamics I've just drawn have more meaning and should be carefully parsed through.

Sorry I haven't posted much today but I've been following your excercise closely, I think I agree with the bolded conclusion. Unless Delta is an asleep at the wheel mafia member, it's likely that Juliet was mafia after all.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alpha wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:22 pm
Bravo wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:21 pm One immediate feeling I have emerging from that exercise is that generally, the pairing which seem compatible also have the feel of tinfoiling. The exceptions would be those pairings which include Delta, who is pretty much compatible with anyone simply for lack of content. This has raised my degree of confidence that Juliet was mafia. I think it's important for everyone to consider that question carefully, because it dictates how one must proceed with the hunt. If Juliet was mafia (and Echo), then reads at face value are what matter now. If not, then the dynamics I've just drawn have more meaning and should be carefully parsed through.

Sorry I haven't posted much today but I've been following your excercise closely, I think I agree with the bolded conclusion. Unless Delta is an asleep at the wheel mafia member, it's likely that Juliet was mafia after all.
I messed up and bolded everything. This is what I meant.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Bravo wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:26 pm One more post to pass Alpha. :meany:
Not gonna happen.
:coffee:
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

If I die tonight, listen to Bravo.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I believe that Hotel or Delta could be alright picks for the next lynch. Hotel seems like the most viable teammate for a mafia that includes both Juliet and Echo. Delta basically..... Can't be connected or disconnected to or from anyone.

I still see ABC as a civvie block because of what happened with Echo and India. That leave Golf in a kind of awkward middle ground I guess.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Phenon: Origins Mafia [Day 4]

Post by sprityo »

Charlie has died in the night

It is now day 4
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

RIP Charlie.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I don't mean to be a nervous November but.... The mafia kill choices don't seem to be kills made by a mafia that's nervous about losing.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

if there are still 2 mafia left then are we at lylo right? we need to be careful.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Who Watches the Watchmen: A Critical Look into Bravo's History

okay you know what? i was gonna do a larger more pointed post to go over all the data we've had again and see if i still come to the same conclusion as before but Bravo was still one of the first players to question Echo (aside from India) to question their motive behind Oracleclaiming. If we assume Juliet was a mafia as well, and with their acceptance of Echo's claim and strategy then this would put Bravo as being a wrench in his own team's apparent plan. Maybe he saw the plan as being really misguided and wanted to make sure to distance himself ahead of time?

i don't think Bravo is mafia. I'm also not mafia, and i think thread evidence will support that.

*if* there's 2 mafia left then what we have to do in the next 48 hours is decide which player between Hotel Golf and Delta is least likely to be mafia and then... don't vote for them. If the game doesn't end at that point then we vote for the other one with whoever is left on Day 5. If the game doesn't end then then we just lose I guess.

This assumes that everyone will actually vote, which is.... let's be realistic here, unlikely.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

If there are 2 mafia left and delta is one of them, then there's a pretty good chance that the mafia's kill won't be sent in tonight.

I'd like to propose that we narrow down our lynch options to Hotel and Golf for this day phase.

i wanna point back at some thoughts i had back when we were considering Juliet as a lynch candidate
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:28 am Gonna think out loud for a second.

Delta hasn't expressed any thoughts on Juliet, positive or negative. though to be fair they've only posted 3 times and only talked about echo, india, and foxtrot.

Golf voted for Juliet on day one, I don't see them being teammates. Without flips there's less incentive for distancing, so there'd be no reason to pull such a risky vote with things so close. i think that if Juliet is mafia then Golf probably isn't.

Hotel could be a potential 3rd teammate, assuming Juliets is mafia, early on hotel listed echo as a townread, later voted echo "because why not"

these are the posts where those things happened
Hotel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:51 pm Not sure what to think of J. Would prefer to avoid that but will vote there if necessary. I'll vote C for now.
Hotel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 pm Reads after quickly skimming the thread:

Town:
A
G
E

Mafia:
C
F

I'll vote to save G.
Hotel wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 pm Okay, voting Echo because why not. Need to finish catching up and then hopefully can provide some reads. This has been a tough setup to get my mind around.
I think hotel could be a reasonable pick for a mafia team member of Juliet and Echo. I also think that agreeing that 'this lynch seems too easy' and 'there's no opposition to it' is ironically a pretty good way to passively oppose it without being too obvious about it. i'm pretty sure the first 5 posts before and after the night post included the phrase 'we should lynch juliet' in some form. a player other than juliet themself starting a counter wagon would seem obvious and probably result in that players death soon after

i guess what i'm saying is that lack of resistance isn't necessarily a sign that juliet isn't mafia in this circumstance
in that post there^

i still think hotel is the most logical teammate to link to both Juliet and Echo. Golf voted for Juliet on day 1, which doesn't make sense as a teammate thing. I also want to point out that if Juliet and Echo were Mafia #1 & #2 then we probably wouldn't have had a kill last night, since Delta has been MIA. If we assume Juliet was mafia #2 then i think Hotel makes the most sense as mafia #3

I guess the next question is..... would Golf and Hotel make sense as teammates?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

If you asked me right now i would probably say that Hotel is our best chance at snagging a baddie, whether or not Juliet was mafia he still looks the least good based on PoE... the other alternative is... Delta and Golf I guess?

We keep spelling out sheep sounds.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

The reason i don't think Delta is a solo remaining baddie is that the last kill that happened was generally relevant to the game. Charlie was reasonably cleared of suspicion and not likely to be mis-lynched. I still don't understand Foxtrot, but that's a different matter i guess, since at the point of Foxy's death there were (likely?) 2 mafia alive and at least one of them had read the whole thread.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

i'm placing my vote on hotel for now, i want to hear other players' thoughts and opinions on the issue at hand before i fill an entire page with my own posts
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Principal Skinner »

Good luck yall
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Echo »

It's not me, unfortunately. Please don't throw away the game by voting me out.

I really am flabbergasted. I still think Golf is good, and so... it's natural to conclude that Delta is bad, but I agree that he's not a solo baddie. But then by POE that means either Alpha or Bravo is bad, and at that point I throw my hands up in the air.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Alpha wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:13 am I don't mean to be a nervous November but.... The mafia kill choices don't seem to be kills made by a mafia that's nervous about losing.
All signs point to you or Bravo then, based on this, correct?
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

I guess if we have 2 mafia left it could be Delta and Golf, but... yeah, I don't think so.

I'm really busy this day cycle. I'll be back later.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Hotel wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:43 am
Alpha wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:13 am I don't mean to be a nervous November but.... The mafia kill choices don't seem to be kills made by a mafia that's nervous about losing.
All signs point to you or Bravo then, based on this, correct?
Well..... Not all signs as much as just the one sign. I looked back over Bravo's posts again and it eased my concerns. If Bravo is mafia then he's played an exceptionally good game.

Return to “Previous Heists”