JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:31 pm Long Con can have a vote.
Tell me more
Four or five distinct appearances in the game thread, zero things done.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:30 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:16 am
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:03 pm As for Made, I came out feeling good about him because he felt compelled to post a Day 0 rainbow unprompted. That's a bold move for scum to make. Since then, however, I've only had questions for him and none of them have been answered (I don't blame him for that, he's just been absent.) I can't offer a take on his read of me because I can't see where it comes from. He implied that he perceived me as feeling heat on Day 0, but I actually felt like I had achieved an inordinate amount of townie cred for that phase of the game. I don't know where any of his reads come from right now, and that's problematic. Maybe the boldness of the Day 0 rainbow was Made's principal motivation. He just played a solid scum game in Vocaroo but had his credibility destroyed when game mechanics all pointed to him. Maybe he drew another scum role in this game and wanted to come out swinging.
well.... sure, but your initial town read on Made came 2.5 hours before his day 0 rainbow list. you said you had a townread on Made shortly after Made came forward with his "pinkish shade of red" comment about you.

so i'm curious about your treatment of that read, it's strange to me that you in particular were so quick to decide that that was a good look for Made with only his confident claiming that you were probably the least dangerous indie role to use as context.
which causes me concern because you haven't verbally denied anything that made has said about you. which is troublesome behavior in a game with a lie detector. you haven't commented on his read on you other than to explain that you don't know where it comes from, which is technically true.

it seems like if Made has any kind of intel, that it indicated to him indie or at least not-civilian. Even if Made doesn't have any sort of intel, you still haven't responded positively or negatively, which bugs me because the only players in a mafia game like this who benefit from that sort of ambiguity are players with mafia roles and indies and... one of the indie roles needs to make sure 12 civilians die in order to win.

so that's my 2 cents on that
If you'd like me to deny anything Made has said about me: I am neither a Loner role nor a member of the Outworld team. I don't see that there's anything for me to respond to directly besides that. He's not elaborated further than the existence of his read.
and you'll stand by this denial?

I'm interested in Made's thoughts still, and in his cryptic weirdness, but we're cool for now.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:09 am Kyle, what do you think about my vote on you?
i don't think anything of it really.... i've been killed a few times recently and put into consideration a few other times for early murder for seeming too genuine, Jay wanted to kill me in phenon, i died night one in vocaroo. and apparently jack and dunya have had conversations about how much easier i am to kill that to lynch.

so i don't really mind a little heat.
Okay but what does it tell you about me? I am the most important thing in this thread.
nothing really. it seems like a typical sloonei prod vote.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:28 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:29 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:27 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:25 pm I'm placing my vote on Marmot.
Why?
WHY!?
I laughed way too much at this
hey 'sup, how are you finding this game so far? Got any thoughts to share?
Hello, thanks for asking. Yes its quite well, a lot of chit chat has happend the past 48 hours. Many accusations of here & such, one thing I wanna point out is at speedchuck for their- "Why not" response in voting. isn't a suffice answer to a killing, we gotta be wise on who we are voting, I read a few replies as to why x is voting for x but just bluntly saying "why not" is a dangerous reply especially if we end up killing a town, now is there a real reason? if so would like to hear. Also for @marmot voting for @Nova (correct me if I'm wrong), out of the blue voting, I know votes can change but we can't be so quick to start voting off people who haven't done anything sketchy. (?) If otherwise clarify this for me.please. I dont like how quin is playing the game by saying hes too lazy to participate. . In earleir post.. >_> (reminds me of the game i played with him last year). for now I'm simply observing evryones behaviours, getting to know names & their reactions to such & such would help me understand the game play of everyone a bit better.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:36 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:30 am
If you'd like me to deny anything Made has said about me: I am neither a Loner role nor a member of the Outworld team. I don't see that there's anything for me to respond to directly besides that. He's not elaborated further than the existence of his read.

I'm interested in Made's thoughts still, and in his cryptic weirdness, but we're cool for now.
[/quote]In what regard would I need to stand by it? I made it for the benefit of the lie detector in the game. I can't delete or edit the post, so it's there for them to fact check if they want. Otherwise, my denial of anti-towniness should be implicit.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 am
Why?
WHY!?
Hello, thanks for asking. Yes its quite well, a lot of chit chat has happend the past 48 hours. Many accusations of here & such, one thing I wanna point out is at speedchuck for their- "Why not" response in voting. isn't a suffice answer to a killing, we gotta be wise on who we are voting, I read a few replies as to why x is voting for x but just bluntly saying "why not" is a dangerous reply especially if we end up killing a town, now is there a real reason? if so would like to hear. Also for @marmot voting for @Nova (correct me if I'm wrong), out of the blue voting, I know votes can change but we can't be so quick to start voting off people who haven't done anything sketchy. (?) If otherwise clarify this for me.please. I dont like how quin is playing the game by saying hes too lazy to participate. . In earleir post.. >_> (reminds me of the game i played with him last year). for now I'm simply observing evryones behaviours, getting to know names & their reactions to such & such would help me understand the game play of everyone a bit better.
Voting early and often is the best strategy, but you're not wrong to be wary of unreasoned votes. I don't know why Marmot is voting for novaseline (nova is also a newcomer to the Syndicate like you. Marmot is a Syndicate veteran). Speedchuck is dangling his vote in front of us to generate discussion, I think. By saying "why not", he's inviting others to discuss the possible reasons for or against his vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 am Hello, thanks for asking. Yes its quite well, a lot of chit chat has happend the past 48 hours. Many accusations of here & such, one thing I wanna point out is at speedchuck for their- "Why not" response in voting. isn't a suffice answer to a killing, we gotta be wise on who we are voting, I read a few replies as to why x is voting for x but just bluntly saying "why not" is a dangerous reply especially if we end up killing a town, now is there a real reason? if so would like to hear.
Hi lapluie. To be clear, do you find this behavior by speedchuck suspicious or merely dangerous?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei, whaddya think of Jack?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ebwop
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:36 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:30 amIf you'd like me to deny anything Made has said about me: I am neither a Loner role nor a member of the Outworld team. I don't see that there's anything for me to respond to directly besides that. He's not elaborated further than the existence of his read.

In what regard would I need to stand by it? I made it for the benefit of the lie detector in the game. I can't delete or edit the post, so it's there for them to fact check if they want. Otherwise, my denial of anti-towniness should be implicit.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

Nobody is talking about Wilgy.

Vote 1 Quin. But yeah wilgy. That guy is bothersome.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:49 am Sloonei, whaddya think of Jack?
I don't have a clear read on him yet. I wasn't as alarmed by him as you were earlier in the day, but I also wasn't involved in the exchange and only glanced at it quickly. I had a vague sense that he was earnestly trying to read you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:47 am
Why?
WHY!?
Voting early and often is the best strategy, but you're not wrong to be wary of unreasoned votes. I don't know why Marmot is voting for novaseline (nova is also a newcomer to the Syndicate like you. Marmot is a Syndicate veteran). Speedchuck is dangling his vote in front of us to generate discussion, I think. By saying "why not", he's inviting others to discuss the possible reasons for or against his vote.
Hmm, yes okay would make sense for the speedchuck. not so much for marmot, picking on the new players huh?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:48 am
lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 am Hello, thanks for asking. Yes its quite well, a lot of chit chat has happend the past 48 hours. Many accusations of here & such, one thing I wanna point out is at speedchuck for their- "Why not" response in voting. isn't a suffice answer to a killing, we gotta be wise on who we are voting, I read a few replies as to why x is voting for x but just bluntly saying "why not" is a dangerous reply especially if we end up killing a town, now is there a real reason? if so would like to hear.
Hi lapluie. To be clear, do you find this behavior by speedchuck suspicious or merely dangerous?
Hello! right now, I guess sloonei was right on that just getting a discussion out of people for reactions, revaluating it would make sense to do so but also will be cautious about that behaviour later in the game, for now not so dangerous, I don't have any hard suspiciousness on anyone except for marmot now, who's yet to explain his vote
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:53 am Nobody is talking about Wilgy.

How come?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:44 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 am [insert cliche "it's day 0 my reads are weakly justified" defence here]
Quoting that entire thing for a one-line answer is the worst offense of all. :mad:
Quin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:19 am @JaggedJimmyJay I'll say this, at least.

I've been unmotivated in games for a while now. It clearly seeped into the past three or four games I've played, especially Mountains. All kinds of reasons for that; some petty, some more legitimate. I'm not denying that it's my own fault but it's not that easy to jump right back into that ideal "character". Lazy, disinterested and unengaged are all accurate descriptors for me, but they don't mean I'm bad. I'm still participating, producing content and saying what I think, I've just ditched the bells and whistles you associate with "civilian behaviour" because I frankly cannot be assed.
If I look past all of the perceived reads insincerity, I'm still left with a separate issue. I'll re-frame it as a question instead of an accusation: why won't you give a read on me?
GTH town.

It's not that I wouldn't. I probably could have put you somewhere on the scale based on what I'd read, but I couldn't be bothered with the subsequent "why's" I should expect from you this early. Lazy and unforgivable, right? :faint:

You pointed out my correction earlier saying it wasn't actually an impression on you. That's false, it's just not an impression directly reflective of your alignment. You also said it was likely I was trying to cause trouble for Kyle by throwing my reverse-read on him into the wind - that's what happens when the person you're trying to bounce ideas off of drops the conversation on you. I'd have talked about it with anyone if they'd said something about it. Do you have anything to say about it?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's rather vague, but I thought Wilgy's suspicion of nutella (Hazelnut) looked authentic. It wasn't explained or thorough, but it had the feel of the sort of Wilgy poke that develops into a Wilgy read.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:58 pm Hazelnut what's wrong?
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 pm Bad guys are Hazlenut, Mac, and Sloonster.

Dis is de wae.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm still curious about his bizarre tunneling of me. It seemed like an avant-garde mafia experiment, which is sort of a description of wilgy's meta in general I guess. In my head there's a link between Made and wilgy right now because they've been the only two to go after me in any manner this game, both neither of them seemed to be basing their reads on anything concrete, and in wilgy's case I doubt its sincerity entirely.

I don't know what this says about his alignment, but I do recall late in Mountain mafia when Eloh and wilgy (scum partners) seemed to make a coordinated push against me late in the game. The context was entirely different there, but wilgy's behavior is similar.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Why?
WHY!?
I was sick that time, actually :meany:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 amIn what regard would I need to stand by it? I made it for the benefit of the lie detector in the game. I can't delete or edit the post, so it's there for them to fact check if they want. Otherwise, my denial of anti-towniness should be implicit.
I don't actually care that much about the lie detector for this, and it's not like they could let us know anyways.

If you're a dangerous role and Made knows something about you but is giving you a pass for possibly being the less dangerous indie then... I want to make sure that that can't happen because it could cause problems down the road.

If Made notices any contradictions then I'm sure he'll tell us about it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]lapluie[/mention] care to share a read on me and an expanded one on Quin? we're the players you know coming in, so we could be your most natural reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 am GTH town.

It's not that I wouldn't. I probably could have put you somewhere on the scale based on what I'd read, but I couldn't be bothered with the subsequent "why's" I should expect from you this early. Lazy and unforgivable, right? :faint:

You pointed out my correction earlier saying it wasn't actually an impression on you. That's false, it's just not an impression directly reflective of your alignment. You also said it was likely I was trying to cause trouble for Kyle by throwing my reverse-read on him into the wind - that's what happens when the person you're trying to bounce ideas off of drops the conversation on you. I'd have talked about it with anyone if they'd said something about it. Do you have anything to say about it?
You're probably town. Did you make any observations or draw conclusions apart from what you mentioned re: Kyle about how people handled me screaming at you?

I would say that Kyle has spent more time discussing mechanics and the night poll than the average player. I think he has sounded quite genuine in that effort though and don't really view him as a premier suspect. I saw one instance of scum Kyle in the sc2 game he played with dunya, and so far I think he looks more like the town version we've seen on The Syndicate to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:01 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 amIn what regard would I need to stand by it? I made it for the benefit of the lie detector in the game. I can't delete or edit the post, so it's there for them to fact check if they want. Otherwise, my denial of anti-towniness should be implicit.
I don't actually care that much about the lie detector for this, and it's not like they could let us know anyways.

If you're a dangerous role and Made knows something about you but is giving you a pass for possibly being the less dangerous indie then... I want to make sure that that can't happen because it could cause problems down the road.

If Made notices any contradictions then I'm sure he'll tell us about it.
How would Made have insight into my role? This is not a possibility which has entered my mind because if he did have insight, he would be less wrong about me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

whoops, I dropped my vote and it landed on nutella. I need to go work on school applications now, bye.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm Yeah, I disagree with you that I'm buddying Quin.

You do realize I've tunneled on Quin what? Every single time we've been town together? And I would have done so in Pirates but I was bad. Of course I have to give him a bit of a pass. He's been suspicious when he's not been bad lately. Besides trying to not make mistakes, I can sympathize.

JimmyJimmyJimmy, I actually don't know what your alignment is, which is why I'm saying such things. I clearly read you all wrong in the one mafia game we were in together for more than a phase while you were bad (Mountains), reading you as strongly w/w with several players you were not (Mal, Quin) and not with players that you were (Eloh, Doc). To what end would bad Jack go halfway on this?

I like your intensity but you do you.

Idk what your exact rule is but if you're gonna do 20 posts and I talk at you like 5 times, ignoring 4 of those posts in favor of a nothinginthebox is wasting time and means you can use the self imposed rule to ignore stuff. Are you doing that? Probably not. But you could and I don't see the purpose of that post if you're town.
How does your experience tunneling me factor into your defence against you buddying me now? :noble:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I do have a concern about Kyle, it'd be his continued obsession with Made's little Kyle/speedchuck comment. What is the urgency about uncovering that specific mystery?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 am

How come?
He said I was bad and I'm not.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:09 am Speedchuck, what do you think about my vote on kyle?
I don't blame you.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

One more thing before I go: [mention]lapluie[/mention] I insist that you vote for somebody right now! You can always change it later if you don't like it. Go go go. :ohyeah:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 am

You're probably town. Did you make any observations or draw conclusions apart from what you mentioned re: Kyle about how people handled me screaming at you?

I would say that Kyle has spent more time discussing mechanics and the night poll than the average player. I think he has sounded quite genuine in that effort though and don't really view him as a premier suspect. I saw one instance of scum Kyle in the sc2 game he played with dunya, and so far I think he looks more like the town version we've seen on The Syndicate to me.
I'm talking more specifically about his first 10 posts (that's what he had when I made the initial post). He'd been littering posts here and there while I was getting drop kicked by you and MacDougall, but never really gave his two cents. I had the impression he was avoiding having an opinion.

This is also how he responded to me bringing him up:
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
Never actually addresses what I say about him but in turn changes the topic entirely.
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
Not really. These are the initial "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" cases. A suspect nonetheless though.
I don't see anything you've said or done as being worthy of a civ or mad read, to me it's more of a "Quin seems lackadaisical and carefree" read, that might factor into a read later given different behavioral context.

Quin do you have any suspects?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 am

On the former:

nutella's umming and ahhing about me (we don't have ISO links yet and I can't find a post from her easily yet) read as sitting on the fence. It was something like "The case on Quin is interesting but I always waffle on him".
ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 am @lapluie care to share a read on me and an expanded one on Quin? we're the players you know coming in, so we could be your most natural reads.
It's actually quite difficult to read you! you died so early in the game last time we played, that you seemed overly sus.. but no im not sure.. causal behaviours. Haven't seen anything sus that would make me think otherwise. I do have to say though that it's a given you come off as town leader, no? Not necessarily a bad thing. But also may be wrong. I don't wanna go ahead & pick on quin but I will bring up a past game experience with him if needed. he's played that card before "I'm sick so I won't be much of use to participate " kinda thing. I guess the laziness bit of it is hes just watching reactions by that which has already developed.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'd like [mention]Made[/mention] to tell me about how his read on me has progressed in this game so far.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm Yeah, I disagree with you that I'm buddying Quin.

You do realize I've tunneled on Quin what? Every single time we've been town together? And I would have done so in Pirates but I was bad. Of course I have to give him a bit of a pass. He's been suspicious when he's not been bad lately. Besides trying to not make mistakes, I can sympathize.

JimmyJimmyJimmy, I actually don't know what your alignment is, which is why I'm saying such things. I clearly read you all wrong in the one mafia game we were in together for more than a phase while you were bad (Mountains), reading you as strongly w/w with several players you were not (Mal, Quin) and not with players that you were (Eloh, Doc). To what end would bad Jack go halfway on this?

Idk what your exact rule is but if you're gonna do 20 posts and I talk at you like 5 times, ignoring 4 of those posts in favor of a nothinginthebox is wasting time and means you can use the self imposed rule to ignore stuff. Are you doing that? Probably not. But you could and I don't see the purpose of that post if you're town.
How does your experience tunneling me factor into your defence against you buddying me now? :noble:
Townie Jack has a reason to be careful about pursuing/following Quin cases. Baseline suspicion needed to try to lynch on you is higher than average. I'm not buddying. I'm being careful.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:15 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 am @lapluie care to share a read on me and an expanded one on Quin? we're the players you know coming in, so we could be your most natural reads.
It's actually quite difficult to read you! you died so early in the game last time we played, that you seemed overly sus.. but no im not sure.. causal behaviours. Haven't seen anything sus that would make me think otherwise. I do have to say though that it's a given you come off as town leader, no? Not necessarily a bad thing. But also may be wrong. I don't wanna go ahead & pick on quin but I will bring up a past game experience with him if needed. he's played that card before "I'm sick so I won't be much of use to participate " kinda thing. I guess the laziness bit of it is hes just watching reactions by that which has already developed.
I think people here have experienced enough games with me to back me up when I say that those sorts of "appeals" aren't supposed to be alignment indicative. I only ever want to tell people what's up.
ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:08 am One more thing before I go: @lapluie I insist that you vote for somebody right now! You can always change it later if you don't like it. Go go go. :ohyeah:
*gulp* pressure? I think I'll way & see a bit later to what everyone has more to say, afterall we have a lot of time
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Frankly, I hate appeals. I try not to make them as a rule. I've been breaking that rule too often lately though.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:16 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 am

Townie Jack has a reason to be careful about pursuing/following Quin cases. Baseline suspicion needed to try to lynch on you is higher than average. I'm not buddying. I'm being careful.
Cool beans.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

to further break my rule about appeals i just wanted people to know i've only got internet on my computer because of a makeshift technical endeavor awkward constructed this morning so if i disappear off the face of the earth that's probably stopped working kk
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm oh hey guys

most of the people who have posted so far look civ so far, but then most of them are the people who always look civ to me. Sloonei's alternate interpretation of Quin is interesting though and Quin is someone I'm always waffly on. :ponder:

Made is zany as usual. Not sure what he's on about but I think he's just being Made.

Out of the so-far-civ-reads I think my strongest 3 are Sloonei, Kyle, and Jack. They're safe from my D1 vote at this point unless something changes.

oh and welcome new people! I'm getting tired of reading posts from the same 6-7 people so let's see some thoughts k
hey found the nutella post
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

[mention]nutella[/mention] I take back what I said about you sitting on the fence. It doesn't read that way anymore. Instead I'm curious why your wafflyness on me is a point in favour of Sloonei's interpretation.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 amHow would Made have insight into my role? This is not a possibility which has entered my mind because if he did have insight, he would be less wrong about me.
that's the conclusion I drew from "ask Kyle" "wait not Kyle yet" "actually ask speedchuck"

I assumed he had some kind of one-shot secret power that would get Intel on a player and then send it to two other additional players or something.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 105

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Gonna disagree with what I’m percieving as the general consensus on Sloonei here. Someone convince me I’m wrong.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm oh hey guys

most of the people who have posted so far look civ so far, but then most of them are the people who always look civ to me. Sloonei's alternate interpretation of Quin is interesting though and Quin is someone I'm always waffly on. :ponder:

Made is zany as usual. Not sure what he's on about but I think he's just being Made.

Out of the so-far-civ-reads I think my strongest 3 are Sloonei, Kyle, and Jack. They're safe from my D1 vote at this point unless something changes.

oh and welcome new people! I'm getting tired of reading posts from the same 6-7 people so let's see some thoughts k
I don't care for this stuff.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 am Gonna disagree with what I’m percieving as the general consensus on Sloonei here. Someone convince me I’m wrong.
I might take you up on that if you can explain why you feel that way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 105

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:26 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 amHow would Made have insight into my role? This is not a possibility which has entered my mind because if he did have insight, he would be less wrong about me.
that's the conclusion I drew from "ask Kyle" "wait not Kyle yet" "actually ask speedchuck"

I assumed he had some kind of one-shot secret power that would get Intel on a player and then send it to two other additional players or something.
I like this because it’s too tunnely / weird of a story to be mafia.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am @Sloonei @Jackofhearts2005 @Long Con
Why not? :faint:
Is that a question or an answer?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:57 am It's rather vague, but I thought Wilgy's suspicion of nutella (Hazelnut) looked authentic. It wasn't explained or thorough, but it had the feel of the sort of Wilgy poke that develops into a Wilgy read.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:58 pm Hazelnut what's wrong?
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 pm Bad guys are Hazlenut, Mac, and Sloonster.

Dis is de wae.
Disagree. Mentioning a player and then saying they are bad is not progression.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:05 am If I do have a concern about Kyle, it'd be his continued obsession with Made's little Kyle/speedchuck comment. What is the urgency about uncovering that specific mystery?
Well... part of it is definitely that Made decided to make me part of it, by including me as one of the people that would (eventually?) be able to back up his read on Sloonei. I ended up looking back through both of their posts and interactions and in general I just still feel like there's something off about it. for now i think it can be put on the back burner until made drops in.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:41 am Disagree. Mentioning a player and then saying they are bad is not progression.
Understandable perspective. I don't judge DrWilgy by the accepted laws of physics.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 am Gonna disagree with what I’m percieving as the general consensus on Sloonei here. Someone convince me I’m wrong.
what is the general consensus on sloonei and why do you disagree with it
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:05 am If I do have a concern about Kyle, it'd be his continued obsession with Made's little Kyle/speedchuck comment. What is the urgency about uncovering that specific mystery?
Well... part of it is definitely that Made decided to make me part of it, by including me as one of the people that would (eventually?) be able to back up his read on Sloonei. I ended up looking back through both of their posts and interactions and in general I just still feel like there's something off about it. for now i think it can be put on the back burner until made drops in.
Reads on Quin, Jack, and I. Go.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”