No votes
Fujin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 15
Dave
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Dave »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm okay before we get too much further i want to ask real quick...

@Dave
@Glorfindel
@Gumshoe
@lapluie
@MacDougall
@novaselinenever
@TonyStarkPrime

could you each briefly summarize your past mafia playing history? How long have you been playing for? What site are you from? Have you played on the syndicate before? If no, are there any players in this game you have prior experience playing with?
i have some town of salem games on oro jackson still i m new to trad format and this one which much read based then abilites based which i m used to
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Keeping my vote on TonyStarkPrime until he talks more about disagreeing with the concensus on me. I'm interested.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:45 amReads on Quin, Jack, and I. Go.
Quin is being a carefree goofball, but he's also putting forth some good effort. I'm inclined to think he's good.

Jack...... On the surface seems pretty okay... I think. His post where he responded to my question about my meta pinged me a little bit because of how he changed his mind about whether I seemed genuine or not because i said "fuck" a few times and also "I'm rude now". It seemed a little bit not genuine change to me. Though, a baddie Jack trying to push suspicion on me in the middle of a discussion about how hard I am to mis-lynch due to how genuine I always seem would be kind of ballsy.

Jay.... good I think. You're doing the things that a good Jay does. My apprehensiveness of you in general from Bravo hasn't exactly worn off yet but my gut says goodish.

Jay, what are your thoughts on Quin and Jack?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:44 am Jay, what are your thoughts on Quin and Jack?
Quin seems fine. He was obstinate in the face of my bossy ass, something I think is typical of his civilian play, and I like that he has continued to find ways into this thread despite Internet troubles at home which would leave him a reasonable excuse to slank off.

The nicest thing I can say about Jack's play thus far is that it has been confusing to me. I don't understand much of anything he has posted with my name in it -- griping that I didn't answer questions, discovering that they were close to pointless questions, needing prodded to actually click the past-game links I provided after he had asked me for scum self-meta himself, and then drawing parallels to the Phenon game to my early treatment of him that can't make sense with sock accounts. He's south of yellow on a rainbow.

*immediately goes meta-spelunking to see if civilian Kyle is an ellipsis abuser*
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:06 am *immediately goes meta-spelunking to see if civilian Kyle is an ellipsis abuser*
Yep. Ellipses everywhere in Phenon 2 and Mountain Mafia. Okay.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

Dave's bad. Discuss.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:06 am *immediately goes meta-spelunking to see if civilian Kyle is an ellipsis abuser*
epignosis isn't playing in this game so I can use whatever punctuation i want B)

what's he gonna do? modkill me for using too many run-on sentences?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:15 am Dave's bad. Discuss.
I'd agree that he's more suspicious than the other minimal-posters. I agreed with your earlier reception of his first post, that it seemed a bit forced, and all we got tonight was a basic response to an @ tag.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

he hasn't posted much, and what he has posted hasn't been suspicion based. what's he like normally? @whoeverknowsdavesmeta
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 am nutella I take back what I said about you sitting on the fence. It doesn't read that way anymore. Instead I'm curious why your wafflyness on me is a point in favour of Sloonei's interpretation.
did I imply it was? :ponder: I talked a little bit more about you in a later post, did you see that? Basically, I'm wary of misreading you or getting too persuaded by a case especially since I tinfoiled you in Mountains and you were town, but I do think the points on you have been compelling and I'm definitely keeping an eye on you as a potential candidate for my vote. I've gotten a more-town-than-not vibe from most of your responses though. So yeah, I'm waffly. :shrug2:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 am nutella I take back what I said about you sitting on the fence. It doesn't read that way anymore. Instead I'm curious why your wafflyness on me is a point in favour of Sloonei's interpretation.
did I imply it was? :ponder: I talked a little bit more about you in a later post, did you see that? Basically, I'm wary of misreading you or getting too persuaded by a case especially since I tinfoiled you in Mountains and you were town, but I do think the points on you have been compelling and I'm definitely keeping an eye on you as a potential candidate for my vote. I've gotten a more-town-than-not vibe from most of your responses though. So yeah, I'm waffly. :shrug2:
thanks, I'll have a look. I take it my initial interpretation was correct then?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Update: as it seems Kyle has no idea what I am up to, and speedchuck is also not picking up the vibs I am attempting to spread around the thread I would like to update my people who seen sus list:

Mac, Dave, Nutella, Marmot.

They all make me feel icky.

Also, roll outing and hinting is rude, dumb, mean and other stuff, but I do still feel as if I have a personal connection with those players, both my fellow civs and those who try to sow evil into our syndicate.
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

I am not, nor would I ever role hint bdubs
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

Page 1 - Key take-aways:
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 am New game!!!! Let's go.

i've never played a Mortal Kombat in my life, can anyone who has describe the realms? Are there any associations between realms and certain characters?
I personally didn’t think much of this post from Kyle. To my mind, it looks like an attempt to appear to engage with his fellow players by giving them a task to perform. Subsequent comments in relation to his question makes it appear that he’s generating content without genuine engagement.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 amgood opening question, town read.
Don’t like this from Quin either. Quin’s far too good a player to fall for this and I’d frankly have expected better.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:29 amEarthrealm is the mundane sphere, the netherrealm is the underworld, the outworld is the great void beyond. Chaos and orderrealm are the realms of competing energies, and Edenia is the blissful state at the nexus of all of them. I've also never played these games and just made that up. What are you going to base your vote off of?

Votes in this poll are not changeable.
Sloonei buys into Kyle’s question and provides valid content - a good look from Sloonei here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 am Kyle is town because "let's go" is the thing he said when his confidence surged post-mafioso lynch as a civilian.

Sloonei is town because he's already trying to facilitate true to form.

Quin is mafia because he called Kyle's question "good" without clarifying why he cared about the question or why it moved him.
While I’m inclined to skepticism of Jay’s read on Kyle, I think his evaluations of Quin and Sloonei are valid however based on the limited content this page.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

I'm on a train rn.
Colorless susbow: tiers are not ordered
S tier:
Made, of course
A tier:
JJJ
Kyle
Quin

B tier:
Speedchuck
Wilgy
C tier:
Eloh
Glorf
Slooni
Jack
Dave
D tier:
Marmot
Nutella
M tier:
Mac
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:05 am If I do have a concern about Kyle, it'd be his continued obsession with Made's little Kyle/speedchuck comment. What is the urgency about uncovering that specific mystery?
Reads genuine to me tbh.

KK question time:
JJJ thoughts on Mac?
Slooni thoughts in Nutella?
Mac thoughts on Nutella?
Kyle thoughts on Dave?
Glorf thought on me?
Nutella thoughts on speedchuck?
Speedchuck thoughts Wilgy?
Wilgy current slooni thoughts?

I think this should do. Gonna nap
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 am
Glorf thought on me?

Jury’s still out. I’ve only got to the end of page 2 and I’ve seen nothing from you that gives me anything to hang my hat on either way. Having said that, I just read your reads list - I know it’s only Day 1 but I think you can do better than that... ‘C’ Tier? Get a grip my good fellow!

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:05 am If I do have a concern about Kyle, it'd be his continued obsession with Made's little Kyle/speedchuck comment. What is the urgency about uncovering that specific mystery?
Reads genuine to me tbh.

KK question time:
JJJ thoughts on Mac?
Slooni thoughts in Nutella?
Mac thoughts on Nutella?
Kyle thoughts on Dave?
Glorf thought on me?
Nutella thoughts on speedchuck?
Speedchuck thoughts Wilgy?
Wilgy current slooni thoughts?

Thoughts on the icky Marmot?

I'm heading off on a climbing trip for today. I'll be back tomorrow for some chatter.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And also, hullo Glordindel!! Great to see you again.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:11 am Page 1 - Key take-aways:

i've never played a Mortal Kombat in my life, can anyone who has describe the realms? Are there any associations between realms and certain characters?
I personally didn’t think much of this post from Kyle. To my mind, it looks like an attempt to appear to engage with his fellow players by giving them a task to perform. Subsequent comments in relation to his question makes it appear that he’s generating content without genuine engagement.
Don’t like this from Quin either. Quin’s far too good a player to fall for this and I’d frankly have expected better.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:29 amEarthrealm is the mundane sphere, the netherrealm is the underworld, the outworld is the great void beyond. Chaos and orderrealm are the realms of competing energies, and Edenia is the blissful state at the nexus of all of them. I've also never played these games and just made that up. What are you going to base your vote off of?

Sloonei buys into Kyle’s question and provides valid content - a good look from Sloonei here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 am Kyle is town because "let's go" is the thing he said when his confidence surged post-mafioso lynch as a civilian.

Quin is mafia because he called Kyle's question "good" without clarifying why he cared about the question or why it moved him.
While I’m inclined to skepticism of Jay’s read on Kyle, I think his evaluations of Quin and Sloonei are valid however based on the limited content this page.
"fall for this" implies that Kyle is bad. Is Kyle bad, Glorfindel?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 am Thoughts on the icky Marmot?
More wuffly than Nutella
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Page 2 - Key take-aways:

Continued discussion and conjecture about the role of the poll. If Kyle was trying to create a smoke screen, he appears to have been successful (not that the conjecture wasn’t without some level of interest).

MacDougall loses 10 points for reminiscing on the Star Wars game - my first here at The Syndicate and one I’ve spent the past two+ years trying to forget.

I see the reasoning being put forward by those arguing for visiting the Outworld first up but you’ll have to forgive me my cautious nature here. If the logic being applied is that some advantage accrues to the ‘home team’ for any of these places, starting the game by giving an advantage to the bad guys hardly makes any sense to me. I’ll be taking note of those players that voted for this option first up - it might potentially be very useful later on.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:36 am Quin I'm sorry buddy but I actually had the same thoughts as Jimmy as I was going through page 1. Then when I read him say it I got a little bit frustrated that he stole my thunder. As you well know I am never wrong on a day 1 read so you might as well just give up.
oh ok sorry ill do better next time
What are your immediate impressions of Mac and I?
I find this question posed by Jay to Quin to be rather odd. MacDougall had commented earlier that he was thinking similarly to Jay earlier but for Jay to be suggesting some kind of relationship between he and Mac out of the blue like this seems ‘unsettling’.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 am No, I lied.

I don't think you actually care about the read you've given me so far. That's natural for you in trying to progress Day 0/1 though.
Lynch all liars.
Tell me about Kylemii.
I had a ping at first which I am prone to do when people are being enthusiastic in the way that Kylemii seemed to be (see Sloonei's description) but further posts seem relatively genuine. I don't accept Jimmy's argument for clearing as that's just as likely if not more so just common phrasing that Kylemii uses.

Thank you for the question. What were you expecting me to say?
He's been around as much as the next person so far but hasn't touched on the only suspect (me) yet, and has talked primarily about the poll. I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was worth mentioning.

Yeah, see this is the Quin I was expecting to find here this game. It’s early but I wonder if we’re seeing the beginning of an anti-Quin agenda in the making?

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:00 am And also, hullo Glordindel!! Great to see you again.
It’s equally as thrilling for me to find myself in your company again, my dear Marmot :)

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:04 am

[/quote]

My comments are based on the posts that I read on PAGE ONE of Night 0, my friend. I don’t know whether Kyle is bad (I kinda hope not) but based on what I’ve read so far I am open to the possibility. Do you have anything to offer that would help me come to a conclusive opinion of him?

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:31 pm Long Con can have a vote.
why LC?
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:22 pm Starting the day with a vote on kyle.
can i ask why?

the only time you've mentioned me negatively was after my first post for "trepid introductory nonstance", is that it?

also, while you're here, can i ask for a (brief) explanation of your read on Made and Made's read on you, from your perspective?
You've seemed focused on the mechanics of the game so far. I'm wondering what people have to say about that.
I did not pay attention to Day 0. But, after being with Kyle in Vocaroo....I don't see this as a baddie tell for him. He seems to be the type of player that will focus on game mechanics and possibly overlook baddie hunting even as a civ. I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Kyle, show us your baddie slaying skills.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:03 pm As for Made, I came out feeling good about him because he felt compelled to post a Day 0 rainbow unprompted. That's a bold move for scum to make. Since then, however, I've only had questions for him and none of them have been answered (I don't blame him for that, he's just been absent.) I can't offer a take on his read of me because I can't see where it comes from. He implied that he perceived me as feeling heat on Day 0, but I actually felt like I had achieved an inordinate amount of townie cred for that phase of the game. I don't know where any of his reads come from right now, and that's problematic. Maybe the boldness of the Day 0 rainbow was Made's principal motivation. He just played a solid scum game in Vocaroo but had his credibility destroyed when game mechanics all pointed to him. Maybe he drew another scum role in this game and wanted to come out swinging.
This description of Made has me questioning his goodness. Rainbow list on Day 0 sounds like a baddie move trying to get civ cred. The rest of these points don't help him as well. I have to be honest, I am not going back to read Day 0. And, I am not sure I can even catch up on the 4 pages that have already been written today. But from this post alone...Made doesn't look good. @Made...if you have a defense....please bring it.

(Alright....three pages to go. But I gotta go do RL crap today. For the record, I'm trying :p)
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

@Made: I see you’re voting to lynch Dave yet he is substantially higher in your reads list than some other players. Please explain?

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 105

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

So I can’t figure out how to ISO him and I’m on mobile so everything might be a little clunky, but basically I was reading Made and Sloonei as w/w. Sloonei talked about Made with others but never directly as far as I can tell, which seems weird.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 364

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:11 pm Hahaha I just realized that Dunya isn't in this game. I was going to vote for her.
come at me bro :ohyeah:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:26 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:31 pm Long Con can have a vote.
why LC?
He answered that, it's because I haven't contributed anything to the game. It's not because I'm bad, it's because I have nothing to say at this time. Only one thing has triggered me as suspicious, and it's Made's player salad a few posts back, asking like 10 people a different quick question. I'll vote for Made for now. Other than that, not much has pulled me into this game, just a lot of huffing and puffing that doesn't much strike me as particularly civ or bad.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And, JJJ, I appreciate the token attempt to squeeze me a little with your vote, but you might as well try it somewhere else, because I'm most likely going to play how I'm going to play. My early game has been abysmal lately, and that last game really drained a lot of my Mafia passion away, so I'm going to participate where I can and not try to force it.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:26 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 amHow would Made have insight into my role? This is not a possibility which has entered my mind because if he did have insight, he would be less wrong about me.
that's the conclusion I drew from "ask Kyle" "wait not Kyle yet" "actually ask speedchuck"

I assumed he had some kind of one-shot secret power that would get Intel on a player and then send it to two other additional players or something.
It would sort of be breaking the rules if that were the case though...
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:41 am
speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am [mention]Sloonei[/mention] [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] [mention]Long Con[/mention]
Why not? :faint:
Is that a question or an answer?
Yes.

I'm voting Marmot because I see no reason not to.
I'm voting him because he voted for a newbie.

Why should I NOT vote for Marmot?

To expand upon that, there have been a lot of votes-for-no-stated-reason in this topic. But when I post one, I immediately get FOUR 'why?'s. I want an explanation as to why my vote is so danged baffling.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 am
And in Vocaroo mafia. I heard them
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:35 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:26 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 amHow would Made have insight into my role? This is not a possibility which has entered my mind because if he did have insight, he would be less wrong about me.
that's the conclusion I drew from "ask Kyle" "wait not Kyle yet" "actually ask speedchuck"

I assumed he had some kind of one-shot secret power that would get Intel on a player and then send it to two other additional players or something.
It would sort of be breaking the rules if that were the case though...
Is role-hinting against the rules?

Some roles could prove themselves through judicious application of their powers, at least to targeted individuals. That's not the same as role-outing, for example saying "I am M. Bison".

I would not be opposed to some host clarification on that front.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:57 am Update: as it seems Kyle has no idea what I am up to, and speedchuck is also not picking up the vibs I am attempting to spread around the thread I would like to update my people who seen sus list:

Also, roll outing and hinting is rude, dumb, mean and other stuff, but I do still feel as if I have a personal connection with those players, both my fellow civs and those who try to sow evil into our syndicate.
You reference the earlier thing, but then non-sequiter into reads. I'm ignoring whatever you're trying to do or say with connections and stuff. I recommend Kyle do the same. It makes no sense.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 am Speedchuck thoughts Wilgy?
Hard to say. I looked back at his posts, and while I don't see the progression of his train of thought, the suspects he goes after are off the beaten path. Or were, at least.

I wouldn't grant Wilgy credit on that alone. I'm still waiting for that spark that lights me up and makes me scream TOWN! Wilgy usually has that spark, IMO. I can usually get it from his tone. I can't in this game.

Not a priority target today, but someone I want to look at sometime. Wilgy often shows true colors under pressure.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:37 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am @Sloonei @Jackofhearts2005 @Long Con
Yes.

To expand upon that, there have been a lot of votes-for-no-stated-reason in this topic. But when I post one, I immediately get FOUR 'why?'s. I want an explanation as to why my vote is so danged baffling.
Sloonei just votes for people. You don't. Also, I was first to ask. It's not 4x baffling. 3x not paying attention.

As for Marmot, I have no reason not to vote for him at this time.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Made[/mention] your reads are a point of confusion for myself and others in this game. I see that they exist, but I don't see where they come from. Your reads of myself and Macdougall are particularly confusing to me. When you have time, could you explain some of these reads in more detail?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:18 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am @Sloonei @Jackofhearts2005 @Long Con
Yes.

Sloonei just votes for people. You don't. Also, I was first to ask. It's not 4x baffling. 3x not paying attention.

Is this to say you don't care about the reasons why I've voted for people?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:57 am Update: as it seems Kyle has no idea what I am up to, and speedchuck is also not picking up the vibs I am attempting to spread around the thread I would like to update my people who seen sus list:

alright so then what was that all about? what was the point of any of it
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 am Kyle thoughts on Dave?
I gave some thoughts on Dave last night, Dave hasn't posted much game relevant content, his only posts have been about the day 0 post and about a question I asked and @ tagged him in, about mafia history. I asked if anyone who knows Dave can say if this is unusual behavior for him but i don't think anyone's responded yet.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:46 pm

You reference the earlier thing, but then non-sequiter into reads. I'm ignoring whatever you're trying to do or say with connections and stuff. I recommend Kyle do the same. It makes no sense.
I'm pretty much on the same boat, the made-sloonei thing seems like a non-starter, or at the very least not as immediately promising as I hoped. I don't really know what Made was trying to accomplish. For now, he and Sloonei have been put on the appropriate watchlists and I am moving on
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:18 pm
Yes.

Is this to say you don't care about the reasons why I've voted for people?
Nah.

But I expect you to vote for people to feel them out and to feel out what everyone thinks of your vote. A vote from you with little explanation is not unusual.

There are some players who throw around "whatever" votes so unexplained solo votes from Marmot or Doc don't ping me.

Speed is more deliberate and less experimental with his voting. That's why I questioned his unexplained vote.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I realize I am behind and thing may have conspired that I am unaware of. But...As I read, I am just going to post my thoughts so I am at least getting something into the thread.
I could vote chuck. Three people inquire about his vote for marmot and this is his response.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:53 am Nobody is talking about Wilgy.

Vote 1 Quin. But yeah wilgy. That guy is bothersome.
Agreed. Wilgy often gets by just because of his meta of being apathetic. I could vote him today just because :P

(Thank God for Saturdays and people with lives. Thread hasn't grown much. Two more pages.)
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Everyone is being quite crazy with their votes right now. I don't like this lack of seriousness in the beginning of big games like this. Everyone thinks they can just play around and vote here or there and it won't matter much. Dudes (and dudettes), if we try hard enough, we might be able to get a scum on Day 1.
Still not too concerned about what I am reading of kyle. He is easily distracted and might easily lead himself down a rabbit hole. But this is just me thinking of his vocaroo play. I don't remember him from any other game.
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:21 am
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm oh hey guys

most of the people who have posted so far look civ so far, but then most of them are the people who always look civ to me. Sloonei's alternate interpretation of Quin is interesting though and Quin is someone I'm always waffly on. :ponder:

Made is zany as usual. Not sure what he's on about but I think he's just being Made.

Out of the so-far-civ-reads I think my strongest 3 are Sloonei, Kyle, and Jack. They're safe from my D1 vote at this point unless something changes.

oh and welcome new people! I'm getting tired of reading posts from the same 6-7 people so let's see some thoughts k
hey found the nutella post
This is all well and good @nutella...but who do you see as bad?

(one page)
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:18 pm Sloonei just votes for people. You don't.
Citation needed.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*Vote Jimmy*

Most likely to switch to Made or Kyle.

Not voting Quin, Sloonei, Speed, Nutella.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:33 pm *Vote Jimmy*

I understand your "most likely to switch" list. But I'm not getting the vote itself.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:33 pm *Vote Jimmy*

I would like an explanation for several parts of this.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:26 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:04 am

My comments are based on the posts that I read on PAGE ONE of Night 0, my friend. I don’t know whether Kyle is bad (I kinda hope not) but based on what I’ve read so far I am open to the possibility. Do you have anything to offer that would help me come to a conclusive opinion of him?
[/quote]

I think you've picked up on the gist of what I had to say about him. I did elaborate on his posts when talking to 3J before. If you could find that in my posts and give some thoughts that'd be sweet.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”