JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 514
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 pm
Does it make sense for scum Epi to make this move so boldly?
[/quote]

Who are we talking about here? You might as well ask me if it makes sense for grass to grow in the sunshine or water to be wet. He's too proud to kill me, and by extension probably you too. The man welcomes a challenge.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Two quote failures in such quick succession is like an unassisted triple play for me.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 pm Does it make sense for scum Epi to make this move so boldly?
Who are we talking about here? You might as well ask me if it makes sense for grass to grow in the sunshine or water to be wet. He's too proud to kill me, and by extension probably you too. The man welcomes a challenge.
I just think he'd be a little more subtle about seeding concerns about us. Doing it this way makes it seem like an earnest tinfoil to me, as I circle the drain of wifom. I don't mind a little bit of vigilance.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 pm Does it make sense for scum Epi to make this move so boldly?
I just think he'd be a little more subtle about seeding concerns about us. Doing it this way makes it seem like an earnest tinfoil to me, as I circle the drain of wifom. I don't mind a little bit of vigilance.
I don't think Epignosis is the sort to waste time on tinfoil on Day 0, and I don't think there's anything in this thread which should alert him to the specific scenario that we're teamed and bad. This has been ordinary shit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:26 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:20 pm getting lynched for day 1 bullshit used to be my #1 cause of death.
You described my post as "unhelpful" earlier. why?
because it was unhelpful

all you did was sharpen the focus on something that was already being focused on

is that value added?
I think so. I'd not yet commented on it and had something to say, so I said it. why should we have moved away from the conversation about you so quickly?
hmm no that's not the issue here.

The Sloonei-meta and Jay-meta that I'm used to is that you both tend to open up discussion early on with pokes and prods at players who haven't been involved. To get things moving forward and outward..

Do you feel like you've personally accomplished that in this game or do I have a wrong impression of your meta?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:26 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:20 pm getting lynched for day 1 bullshit used to be my #1 cause of death.
You described my post as "unhelpful" earlier. why?
because it was unhelpful

all you did was sharpen the focus on something that was already being focused on

is that value added?
I think so. I'd not yet commented on it and had something to say, so I said it. why should we have moved away from the conversation about you so quickly?
hmm no that's not the issue here.

The Sloonei-meta and Jay-meta that I'm used to is that you both tend to open up discussion early on with pokes and prods at players who haven't been involved. To get things moving forward and outward..

Do you feel like you've personally accomplished that in this game or do I have a wrong impression of your meta?
I don't care where the attention was or what my meta is. I saw something which I thought was suspicious by Day 0 standards, so I pointed it out. If possible, I want the focus to be on things that I find suspicious. If not possible, I'll try to generate something that I can find suspicious.

Do you scum read me?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

I still have a scumread on Kylemii. Stronger than before Jay dropped the suspicion.

If I still have it come Day 1 Start I'll tell you why. ;)
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 pm Do you scum read me?
I don't quite scum read you but I don't town read you yet either.

You haven't done the things I expect town Sloonei to do yet which is a cause for concern.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:57 pm

You haven't done the things I expect town Sloonei to do yet which is a cause for concern.
what things should town sloonei be doing?
how do you read Epi's behavior?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I'm withholding judgement cus like you said, if something that's already being discussed pings you, why not comment on it? so doubling down on Jay's thing instead of starting your own isn't that unusual. In general you're not a player who I would consider to be a follower.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 pm

I'm withholding judgement cus like you said, if something that's already being discussed pings you, why not comment on it? so doubling down on Jay's thing instead of starting your own isn't that unusual. In general you're not a player who I would consider to be a follower.
I don't think it's accurate to say I was following Jay. I generated my own read based on your reactions to things. I also don't mind following a lead if I think it's a good one.
Is your "withholding judgment" comment about Epi?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:03 pm

stirring things up and making discussions happen. you're not the type of player to sit back and comment on other people's thoughts.

Epi.... neutral. I see where he's coming from, I make reading you and Jay early a priority in most games we're in. Finding out whether the thread is based on a good foundation is an important first step. I think "hang them" is a bit of an extreme though.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:03 pm

stirring things up and making discussions happen. you're not the type of player to sit back and comment on other people's thoughts.

Epi.... neutral. I see where he's coming from, I make reading you and Jay early a priority in most games we're in. Finding out whether the thread is based on a good foundation is an important first step. I think "hang them" is a bit of an extreme though.
I wanted to hang back on Day 0 after the explosion I helped create in Mortal Kombat. I'm currently failing at that task.

If you see where he's coming from, why is he a null read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 pmI don't think it's accurate to say I was following Jay. I generated my own read based on your reactions to things. I also don't mind following a lead if I think it's a good one.
that's definitely false... the posts you commented on wouldn't have even existed if it weren't for jay. it's no different from speedchuck, Nutella, LC, or FZ commenting on the same things you did. It wasn't new content nor was it a unique way to look at old content.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 pmI wanted to hang back on Day 0 after the explosion I helped create in Mortal Kombat. I'm currently failing at that task.
understandable
a player relaying a relatable thought process doesn't make them civ.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 321

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:04 pm I would expect you two to act the same way as you are acting now: Verifying each other and validating each other.

A weak civilian team is going to just go with that.

And I'll have none of that.
Nope.

1. Sloonei has not validated me in this game.

2. We have cooperatively read each other as civilians as civilians on numerous occasions, which is why this fake paranoia is being expressed. You know the trend exists as it is the inspiration for this accusation, and yet you cannot substantiate the accusation in this case whatsoever beyond "if the civilians listen to you two they're doomed". It's empty bullshit and you know it.

Epignosis is my top suspect.
You are mine.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 pmI don't think it's accurate to say I was following Jay. I generated my own read based on your reactions to things. I also don't mind following a lead if I think it's a good one.
that's definitely false... the posts you commented on wouldn't have even existed if it weren't for jay. it's no different from speedchuck, Nutella, LC, or FZ commenting on the same things you did. It wasn't new content nor was it a unique way to look at old content.
Anyone responding to anything is new content. Yeah I was responding to content that was generated by somebody else, but the single-word thoughts I was putting into the thread were a new way of looking at things because, as far as I can tell, no one else had brought up any of the angles I was looking at previously. This is a bogus semantic argument and I'm not sure why you're pursuing it.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 pmI wanted to hang back on Day 0 after the explosion I helped create in Mortal Kombat. I'm currently failing at that task.
understandable
a player relaying a relatable thought process doesn't make them civ.
No, but I asked you about him and you gave a favorable description but a null read. I wanted to note it and see if there was more to be mined there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:25 pm I guess I'll ebwop it. :goofp:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:19 pm what do you think is his motivation right now?
The nip the Sloonei/Jay teamwork in the bud as quickly as possible, if not merely for you and I then for other observers of you and I, because if left unchecked it usually ends in civilian victories.
If that were my plan, do you think I'd employ it in such a way?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Epignosis[/mention] I already asked that question. This is where we left off:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 pm
I don't think Epignosis is the sort to waste time on tinfoil on Day 0, and I don't think there's anything in this thread which should alert him to the specific scenario that we're teamed and bad. This has been ordinary shit.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay remains my #1 suspect. He wasn't trying to learn anything about Kyle or from other people. He was just trying to look like he was.

3J, you're bad at pretending.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 pmAnyone responding to anything is new content. Yeah I was responding to content that was generated by somebody else, but the single-word thoughts I was putting into the thread were a new way of looking at things because, as far as I can tell, no one else had brought up any of the angles I was looking at previously. This is a bogus semantic argument and I'm not sure why you're pursuing it.
saying the same things that everyone else is already saying but with fewer words isn't creating new content nor is it really even a new angle. The only new content is "hey you know that thing that a lot of other people think? well Sloonei thinks it too" this is getting away from the original point.

You haven't created as many unique lines of unique inquiry in this game as I'm used to seeing. You've explained why that might be. That has to be the conclusion to this topic because I can't actually tell if that will continue to be true unless I shut up and let you hunt
No, but I asked you about him and you gave a favorable description but a null read. I wanted to note it and see if there was more to be mined there.
"i can see where he's coming from" is neutral in that it's generally positive but it's also an easy thing to fake or used to push a bad agenda.

i can see where ecoterrorists are coming from too but that doesn't mean I condone their actions
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jay and Kyle are highly unlikely scum partners, but I could see one or the other being scum.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:11 am JaggedJimmyJay remains my #1 suspect. He wasn't trying to learn anything about Kyle or from other people. He was just trying to look like he was.

I'm interested in an elaboration on this. Are there examples of Jay using his standard day 0 maneuver in a game where Jay was mafia? Did he do this in phenon or pirate?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:19 am Jay and Kyle are highly unlikely scum partners, but I could see one or the other being scum.
... don't know if I agree with this.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 pmAnyone responding to anything is new content. Yeah I was responding to content that was generated by somebody else, but the single-word thoughts I was putting into the thread were a new way of looking at things because, as far as I can tell, no one else had brought up any of the angles I was looking at previously. This is a bogus semantic argument and I'm not sure why you're pursuing it.
saying the same things that everyone else is already saying but with fewer words isn't creating new content nor is it really even a new angle. The only new content is "hey you know that thing that a lot of other people think? well Sloonei thinks it too" this is getting away from the original point.
I continue to not like the way you are sweeping all of the suspicion against you under the same rug as if none of it is worth addressing. Could you point to where the points I made had been brought up prior to my post?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:28 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:19 am Jay and Kyle are highly unlikely scum partners, but I could see one or the other being scum.
which part?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 pm^Dubious
Marmot dropped this post immediately after my one-word Kyle case then scurried away. I don't know what to make of it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

Post incoming.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:11 am JaggedJimmyJay remains my #1 suspect. He wasn't trying to learn anything about Kyle or from other people. He was just trying to look like he was.

You're good at saying things for the sake of saying things. There's no basis for this comment, it merely exists.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Non-fiction dialogue:

Anyone who really believes I would prefer to whip this thread into a frenzy for appearances than just let it snail along with nothing but theme-inspired chatter has no clue about my mafia-aligned play. No clue.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Number of relevant posts in this thread before I pooped: 0

Number of relevant posts in this thread after I pooped: 150+

You're welcome.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

It's the Butcher's Wife Come from Beyond the Grave

That night I slept not so easily. It is a hard thing, knowing that a murderer lives in your town. But I drifted off to sleep sometime, and I had the most horrible dream!

I found myself in a vast graveyard, with all of our dead relatives there! Not only that, I saw many, many other dead people. Very many said they had been lynched. I suspect this is the Tsar's doing, but I didn't ask them, so I don't know.

Suddenly there was the sound of thunder, and the ground opened up. And who should appear but Lazar Wolf's dead wife, Fruma Sarah!

"How could you do this to me?" she said.

"Do what?" I asked.

"You all paid no attention while I was murdered in my own home!" she said, and I couldn't disagree. You should not disagree with dead women, anyway.

"Now, I seek vengeance! The only way to appease me is to find the killer and kill them yourselves!" she said.

"But the Good Book says - " I said.

"Or I'll kill YOU!" she said.

"Very good," I said. "I'll tell everyone to form a mob after I deliver the milk tomorrow."

It is now Day 1. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:29 am
which part?
First part. :P
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:47 am Non-fiction dialogue:

Anyone who really believes I would prefer to whip this thread into a frenzy for appearances than just let it snail along with nothing but theme-inspired chatter has no clue about my mafia-aligned play. No clue.
Yeah I don't trust your calls to meta. It bothers me more that you said this than the rest of your play this game.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Only 24 hours boys. Please mention everyone who hasn't appeared. I'm too lazy
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 am Yeah I don't trust your calls to meta. It bothers me more that you said this than the rest of your play this game.
I don't care what bothers you. I won Phenon: Origins because the civilians were generally disengaged and did not try. I won Transistor because the civilians were generally disengaged and did not try. Rule #1 is to let a lazy thread remain lazy. There have been instances where I've provided some half-assed fake "motivation", like "let's go, the thread is moving too slow". Those things never matter and don't hasten the thread pace.

Pushing Kyle's buttons and blowing it up? That works. I know what works. Feel free to discard this shit after this game now that it's plainly stated, but it's true right now.

The votes appear to be changeable.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 am
which part?
My scum read on Kyle is contingent on him being made genuinely uncomfortable bu Jay's fake scumtell on him. I can only see them as compatible partners if that was an elaborate distancing measure to kick off the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 am The votes appear to be changeable.
Oddly I cannot see the names of the voters though. [mention]DFaraday[/mention], you may want to verify the poll settings.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I voted for Kyle.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Eek! I'm here!!!! Went to bed before first post was up last night and then one of those days where I didn't actually have time to check in. I need to get used to scheduling games into my day again!! I'm totally distracted tonight by life, so unsure about thread goings on. I need to reread to figure out what I think about Kyle, J, Epi, etc. I should be around a bunch tomorrow.

And totally appreciating all of the thread jewiness, btw! Shalom, y'all!
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:51 am Number of relevant posts in this thread before I pooped: 0

Number of relevant posts in this thread after I pooped: 150+

You're welcome.
Those are called shitposts.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:04 am And totally appreciating all of the thread jewiness, btw! Shalom, y'all!
My main goal for this game coming in was to achieve appropriate levels of jewiness.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 am
I continue to not like the way you are sweeping all of the suspicion against you under the same rug as if none of it is worth addressing. Could you point to where the points I made had been brought up prior to my post?
feel free to suspect me, sloonei. i'm not sweeping your suspicion under a rug. I have addressed most of the points made against me....I...think?

you wrote "indignant" "incredulous" "dismissive" under quotes of every post I made. the sentiment of your post boils down to "Kyle is reacting negatively to being suspected by Jay, here are the specific ways that Kyle reacts negatively"

speedchuck said the exact same thing in paragraph form earlier on, but it's also just kind of an obvious point to make in general.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:07 am
LoRab wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:04 am And totally appreciating all of the thread jewiness, btw! Shalom, y'all!
My main goal for this game coming in was to achieve appropriate levels of jewiness.
Mazal tov!! I grant you official rabbinic approval!
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:01 amMy scum read on Kyle is contingent on him being made genuinely uncomfortable bu Jay's fake scumtell on him.
Please explain this.

Are you saying that I should have somehow known whether Jay was being real or not based on what my alignment is?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:01 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 am
which part?
My scum read on Kyle is contingent on him being made genuinely uncomfortable bu Jay's fake scumtell on him. I can only see them as compatible partners if that was an elaborate distancing measure to kick off the game.
I don't have a meta read on Kylemii mafia. But I'm personally always more emotional and reactive as mafia. Check out Pirates. I don't see that as a factor.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 am Yeah I don't trust your calls to meta. It bothers me more that you said this than the rest of your play this game.
I don't care what bothers you. I won Phenon: Origins because the civilians were generally disengaged and did not try. I won Transistor because the civilians were generally disengaged and did not try. Rule #1 is to let a lazy thread remain lazy. There have been instances where I've provided some half-assed fake "motivation", like "let's go, the thread is moving too slow". Those things never matter and don't hasten the thread pace.

Pushing Kyle's buttons and blowing it up? That works. I know what works. Feel free to discard this shit after this game now that it's plainly stated, but it's true right now.

The votes appear to be changeable.
Fair.

But I have a policy of ignoring emotional pleas and taking any appeal to "I would totally play this way" with a truckload of salt.

:beer:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

(Which I just realized is hypocritical but I don't dictate how you guys read me)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:14 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:01 amMy scum read on Kyle is contingent on him being made genuinely uncomfortable bu Jay's fake scumtell on him.
Please explain this.

Are you saying that I should have somehow known whether Jay was being real or not based on what my alignment is?
If you're both scum, you wouldn't have reacted the way you did.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:01 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 am The votes appear to be changeable.
Oddly I cannot see the names of the voters though. @DFaraday, you may want to verify the poll settings.
It should be fixed now. And yes, votes are changeable.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:14 am
Please explain this.

If you're both scum, you wouldn't have reacted the way you did.
I'm only asking about the part you said in the quote there, please forget about Jay for a minute. what do you think my reaction to Jay's gambit thing would be as a mafia? as a civ? why would they be different reactions?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:33 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 pm^Dubious
Marmot dropped this post immediately after my one-word Kyle case then scurried away. I don't know what to make of it.
Don't think too hard mate. Especially since you started the one-word response strategy. ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”