A Children's Card Game (host/dead/non)
50%

Total votes: 12
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 135

Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by FZ. »

What did Epi try to do that day with the votes? Was it really what JJJ said? Was it trying to find Tzeitel? Or was it something completely different?

And who got the role of the Perchik?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

What were NVN's conditions for winning and his powers? To get Tzietel to die and...?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Spacedaisy »

FZ. wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:42 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 am Oh also NVN. I didn't actually curse you, I was redirected. It was good you messed it up because then whoever redirected it would have known instantly it was me.

FZ :hugs: I understand, I enjoy playing with you. I only said that at the end because I want to be clear I don't fake emotional outbursts or whatever. It was probably misunderstanding what you meant. You are cool.
:hug: I'm glad we're okay. I don't doubt people when they tell me they had a shitty day and are not in the mood to play, because just like you, I try not to use personal life as an excuse.

I was Chava, the cop. The first night, I checked LC because something there felt off, but it was really a lucky hunch. Then, I spent most of the time trying to think of ways to not look like I was the cop and still get people to follow me. That is one hard job...I was sure the baddies were on to me and would kill me.

Next, I checked Wilgy, who turned out to be Golde. He had barely posted so I had almost nothing to "base" my opinions on. I started making things up. It's a good thing Epi did his shtick, because that was helpful for Wilgy.
The next night I was blocked, and the one after that I checked Marmot and got Tzeitel. Once again I had to fabricate evidence for you guys to follow me and not lynch him. I have no idea why Marmot did the things he did, or if he was indeed cursed the last day before I died. I just didn't know how to get you to listen. I'm glad JJJ finally understood.

The funny thing is, I checked Daisy the night before my last one, and DF didn't give me an answer. So I started out by wanting to lynch her anyway, but my back and forth with JJJ lead to me saying that the only person I'd consider switching to is NVN (Should have let him get lynched, I'd still be alive...), but I ended up keeping it on Daisy. But just when I was going to sleep, DF got back to me and said Daisy was actually this guy, so I had to stay up to make sure JJJ went back to Daisy. If you were wondering why I suddenly became so sure of myself, that's the reason
LC said you were the role check before he was even lynched but I thought he was wrong because all the night powers but ours got redirected to NVN when he didn't carry out the curse properly. So I knew you would have checked him. And you were advocating lynching him. So it looked to me like you must not be the checker because you didn't know if he was bad or not. I chose to kill Epi that night instead of you as a result because he was coming out certain that NVN was civ. You were right [mention]Long Con[/mention] and I should have listened.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

DFaraday wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:43 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:37 am I was one of the daughters btw. I didn't expect to be found because I wasn't a high priority kill target, did the dad find the other daughter?
Poor Epi never found any of his daughters, so there was no civ BTSC at all this game. He came close twice though, once he tried to protect someone else, but was redirected to you, but was also blocked that night. Another time he tried to protect FZ, who was Chava, but it got redirected to NVN.

Linki: And for some reason I kept not receiving PMs from Mac even when he sent them.
awww i missed out on civ btsc with epignosis????
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

btw what the heck was epignosis doing during that one day? you know the one.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:56 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:37 am I was one of the daughters btw. I didn't expect to be found because I wasn't a high priority kill target, did the dad find the other daughter?
Poor Epi never found any of his daughters, so there was no civ BTSC at all this game. He came close twice though, once he tried to protect someone else, but was redirected to you, but was also blocked that night. Another time he tried to protect FZ, who was Chava, but it got redirected to NVN.

Linki: And for some reason I kept not receiving PMs from Mac even when he sent them.
awww i missed out on civ btsc with epignosis????
So did I.

How did the redirection work? Why was I blocked on night 3?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:52 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 am Oh also NVN. I didn't actually curse you, I was redirected. It was good you messed it up because then whoever redirected it would have known instantly it was me.

FZ :hugs: I understand, I enjoy playing with you. I only said that at the end because I want to be clear I don't fake emotional outbursts or whatever. It was probably misunderstanding what you meant. You are cool.
:hug: I'm glad we're okay. I don't doubt people when they tell me they had a shitty day and are not in the mood to play, because just like you, I try not to use personal life as an excuse.

I was Chava, the cop. The first night, I checked LC because something there felt off, but it was really a lucky hunch. Then, I spent most of the time trying to think of ways to not look like I was the cop and still get people to follow me. That is one hard job...I was sure the baddies were on to me and would kill me.

Next, I checked Wilgy, who turned out to be Golde. He had barely posted so I had almost nothing to "base" my opinions on. I started making things up. It's a good thing Epi did his shtick, because that was helpful for Wilgy.
The next night I was blocked, and the one after that I checked Marmot and got Tzeitel. Once again I had to fabricate evidence for you guys to follow me and not lynch him. I have no idea why Marmot did the things he did, or if he was indeed cursed the last day before I died. I just didn't know how to get you to listen. I'm glad JJJ finally understood.

The funny thing is, I checked Daisy the night before my last one, and DF didn't give me an answer. So I started out by wanting to lynch her anyway, but my back and forth with JJJ lead to me saying that the only person I'd consider switching to is NVN (Should have let him get lynched, I'd still be alive...), but I ended up keeping it on Daisy. But just when I was going to sleep, DF got back to me and said Daisy was actually this guy, so I had to stay up to make sure JJJ went back to Daisy. If you were wondering why I suddenly became so sure of myself, that's the reason
LC said you were the role check before he was even lynched but I thought he was wrong because all the night powers but ours got redirected to NVN when he didn't carry out the curse properly. So I knew you would have checked him. And you were advocating lynching him. So it looked to me like you must not be the checker because you didn't know if he was bad or not. I chose to kill Epi that night instead of you as a result because he was coming out certain that NVN was civ. You were right @Long Con and I should have listened.
I tried to not make it obvious who I was going to check every night. Heck, other than LC and Daisy, I kept changing my mind and sending DF a few PMs every night...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I guess I didn't do a very good job with that, haha
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I was Fyedka and survived the first night kill. :beer: That was nice, bought us some time, but left me vulnerable later. Anyway, good job guys.

And yeah, please explain WTF Epi was doing on that day with the votes. I was following along in total bewilderment. [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] was it just that you wanted him to spread the votes around/you said you wanted to get Dizzy lynched? What was the actual curse?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DFaraday wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:05 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:00 am @DFaraday So did I win lol ?

Congratulations to Town. And thanks for hosting mate.
Marmot is Tzeitel, and she survived, so no. :(
:eek:

I'm sorry nova. Y'all should have lynched me the trillion times I asked.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

also what stopped the kill the night ghost lady killed instead?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I was never cursed. I just had an awful game and responded poorly to a few posts that aggravated me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 321

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:39 am also what stopped the kill the night ghost lady killed instead?
I presume my block
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

FZ, you were blocked because all civvie powers were directed onto NVN. I interpreted Tevye's protection as meaning that the protectee was immune to all other night powers, which means a role check on him would fail.

Kyle, Epi was cursed to obtain the second highest number of votes in the lynch or else there would be two nights in a row. He did his best, but Dizzy has five votes already due to being cursed previously. In hindsight, I don't think I should have allowed that curse in the first place, I don't think it was really fair to have the cursed player take additional votes for the next seven lynches. But Dizzy was a fantastic sport despite being handicapped all game.

Also Kyle, Lazar blocked Daisy, which is why This Guy didn't kill. Fruma had one kill to use on any night of the game. Her win condition was that she could not be killed as long as Tzeitel was alive, but she needed to survive and for Tzeitel to be dead in order to win.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

so how did "this guy" work? what levels of creativity were allowed?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:57 am so how did "this guy" work? what levels of creativity were allowed?
I let them come up with curses and punishments, with the only caveat being that I had to approve it. I did slightly modify a couple of curses, but for the most part gave them creative control. I won't be running a curse power in any future games though, because every time someone gets cursed it's super obvious and everyone just keeps talking about it. :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Marmot wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:47 am

I was never cursed. I just had an awful game and responded poorly to a few posts that aggravated me.
Haha, I had a feeling you weren't, I just had to find a way to convince them not to vote for you, so I used every trick I thought of that would help me.

Thanks for clarifying DF, awesome game!
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 74

Post by DrWilgy »

:mafia:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:32 am I'd like to know how the mafia team responded (if at all) behind the scenes to Epignosis and I ripping into each other all day, my furious insistence that he be destroyed, and then both of us completely dropping it out of nowhere and never revisiting it. That was fun. XD

By the way. Sloonei and I were teammates. You should have lynched us.
I deliberately played like trash early on because, like Sloonei, I had an important role that needed to stay alive longer than one Night. The easiest way to do that is to go to the mat with you and Sloonei. :noble:

Then I baited the mafia into killing nutella so that I could protect her. :dark:

"You'll do no such thing."

Turns out she didn't need a milkman's protection. :pout:
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:20 am I was Fyedka and survived the first night kill. :beer: That was nice, bought us some time, but left me vulnerable later. Anyway, good job guys.
:llama:

Perchik is am haaretz. :disappoint:

Who was he and why did he redirect me?
DFaraday wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:52 am
Kyle, Epi was cursed to obtain the second highest number of votes in the lynch or else there would be two nights in a row. He did his best, but Dizzy has five votes already due to being cursed previously. In hindsight, I don't think I should have allowed that curse in the first place, I don't think it was really fair to have the cursed player take additional votes for the next seven lynches. But Dizzy was a fantastic sport despite being handicapped all game.
Well I never had a prayer!
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yay, town!

GG, scum!

Thank you so much for the game, DFaraday, it was definitely entertaining and a very interesting one!

I'm sorry I had so little time to give to the game. It was also quite difficult to play effectively. For me I think I will think twice before signing up for a no info reveal game, because I felt I was walking the line all the time, but it was impossible to not act upon nuanced info you did have, and I had quite a lot, but not be too obvious about it. It was just hard to play effectively, and so that is why I came across as a mixture of cryptic and frustrated lol. When I realized Epi had been given a curse that would interact with mine the stress was real haha.

Anyway, it was entertaining, but definitely hard to play. =p
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

I was Perchik, the misdirector.

I misdirected Epi on night one, to see if he was scum. I tried to make him kill or curse Kylemii. Since neither of those happened, I said in thread that it was UNLIKELY for Epi to be scum. He'd have to be the roleblocker.

All of my misdirections were to try and send nightkills or curses to unlikely targets. I failed horribly.

But I played a good enough game to get killed, so that's nice.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

I also made Daisy target Nova. If I'd been around, and saw that Nova was cursed, I would have caught Daisy a lot sooner.

I never redirected Epi a second time.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I only got cursed once and it was to make a case against dyslexicon which evidently I did well enough with my if it's not Daisy it's Dizzy garbage.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:52 pm I only got cursed once and it was to make a case against dyslexicon which evidently I did well enough with my if it's not Daisy it's Dizzy garbage.
I didn't even notice or read that, so good job? :grin:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”