50%

Total votes: 12
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by Long Con »

Civvie BTSC is the most powerful thing... or at least Civvie-Civvie knowledge. Confirming Civs is one of the best things we can do to win the game.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 pm...second of all you've never even seen me play as mafia before, the only player in recent history who has is dunya and even then it was just one game under unique circumstances, not enough to build correlation from
This section is sketchy, Kyle, it reads like it's written by someone with a mafia alignment. "you've never even seen me play as mafia before" implies you're mafia now, and the statement that there's "not enough to build correlation from" implies that there could be enough at some point, but if you're Civ, then the idea would be that "correlation is impossible because I'm not bad."
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Aardvarks Bark wrote:Alright let's goooooo.

Everyone please do me a solid favor and describe yourselves in terms of playstyle in whatever level of detail you feel is necessary. It's important.

It's nice to meet you all.
was it "let's go"? I've been trying to make it a thing lately. as like a fun tradition of sorts I guess.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:04 pm mmmmmlets go
I opened with "let's go" in vocaroo as well, and a few other games I think.

Is that it? My next few posts in that thread were to make excuses for being late to the thread and to call people out for being shitty and rude to each other, and to ask people about their usual meta. I haven't done any of those things so it has to be the "let's go" right? :-?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 pm...second of all you've never even seen me play as mafia before, the only player in recent history who has is dunya and even then it was just one game under unique circumstances, not enough to build correlation from
This section is sketchy, Kyle, it reads like it's written by someone with a mafia alignment. "you've never even seen me play as mafia before" implies you're mafia now, and the statement that there's "not enough to build correlation from" implies that there could be enough at some point, but if you're Civ, then the idea would be that "correlation is impossible because I'm not bad."
that's what the "first of all" part of the post that you cut out said.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 pm that's actually 100% false? first of all, I am a kind and hard-working citizen of Anetevka, so that part's wrong
it seemed important to me to not only tell Jay that his argument was wrong but also to explain how and why the basis of his argument was also flawed.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 514
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 321

Post by Epignosis »

That scientist has eight fingers.

I don't think he knows what he's doing.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:00 pm

Everyone please do me a solid favor and describe yourselves in terms of playstyle in whatever level of detail you feel is necessary. It's important.

was it "let's go"? I've been trying to make it a thing lately. as like a fun tradition of sorts I guess.

Is that it? My next few posts in that thread were to make excuses for being late to the thread and to call people out for being shitty and rude to each other, and to ask people about their usual meta. I haven't done any of those things so it has to be the "let's go" right? :-?
Incredulous
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 135

Post by FZ. »

Hi, sorry for coming in late.
How's everyone doing?
I love Fiddler on the roof, but haven't seen it in years. Nice to play a game with that theme.

Kyle, have we ever played together?
I have to say, I read most posts up until the following one. Unlike JJJ, I found nothing wrong with Kyle, but then I read this post, and it felt like a frustrated baddie annoyed by what he perceives as too much civvie power, though he can't really say it, so it comes out in a different way, because, well, he can't help himself.

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:07 pm I really don't think we're going to be starved for information in this game anyways, out of the gate we have a btsc cop, a role cop, a role blocker, and a doctor who can gain btsc with 1 of 3 different civ roles, one of which is the previously mentioned role cop, we also have a soapbox user and a mayor.

the number of roles we have that can stimulate the information economy seems pretty good.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:34 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:07 pm I really don't think we're going to be starved for information in this game anyways, out of the gate we have a btsc cop, a role cop, a role blocker, and a doctor who can gain btsc with 1 of 3 different civ roles, one of which is the previously mentioned role cop, we also have a soapbox user and a mayor.

the number of roles we have that can stimulate the information economy seems pretty good.
Did I hear someone say, "information?" Image
Sorry, can you explain what you meant by that? Coming back from a long break, I'm going to be a little slow... :blush:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

we've never played before, I don't think.

I like analyzing game mechanics. there's some good role synergies we can use to our advantage in this game to gain the upper hand
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

Three scumreads on Kylemii, all for different reasons. If Jay is being serious. That's crazy.

And nobody in the thread is trying to defend him. Also crazy.

I put scum Kylemii at like... idk, 60% odds?

LC/Kyle not w/w.
FZ./Kyle not w/w.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

FZ. wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Sorry, can you explain what you meant by that? Coming back from a long break, I'm going to be a little slow... :blush:
Epignosis and I had a huge tussle in mountain mafia when I said that one low poster lynch would give us more information than another. He took issue with the fact that I used information by the dictionary definition of the word of "things you know" rather than the literal mafia meaning of "things the host has literally told you in big bolded letters".

We had a huge debate about it and started talking about philosophy and other bullshit and it was overall pretty bad, then we eventually made up and fell in love. I think he's making a joke by referring to that.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:20 pm we've never played before, I don't think.

I like analyzing game mechanics. there's some good role synergies we can use to our advantage in this game to gain the upper hand
Fair enough. I just think that when baddies feel the game is not balanced or the civvies have more power, they let it slip out somehow. It's like they can't control their frustration. It felt like that a little, but it's just an observation. We'll see.

Speedchuck, can you explain what w/w is?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:17 pm

I really don't think it's worth going into. :goofp:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:20 pm Three scumreads on Kylemii, all for different reasons. If Jay is being serious. That's crazy.

And nobody in the thread is trying to defend him. Also crazy.

I put scum Kylemii at like... idk, 60% odds?

LC/Kyle not w/w.
FZ./Kyle not w/w.
Why do you put him as 60% baddie? Do you have your own reasons or do you just agree in general with all three of us?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Hey [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] I'm telling you right now, if you get me wrongly lynched and don't reveal what you thought the tell was then I'm not going to easily forgive you for it.

If you're really just making this up then it's not a cool tactic. If you legitimately think I have a tell then sure fine whatever, everyone's wrong sometimes, but if not then you have to take responsibility for it. Promise me.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

FZ. wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:29 pm Speedchuck, can you explain what w/w is?
wolf/wolf
mafia/mafia

You two are probably not on a team together, is what I'm saying

linki: as for your second post, I could see FZ and LC's points on Kylemii. For a guy who probably knew that JJJ's suspicion was just pressure, he sure acted very seriously about it. But, at the same time, no teammates have influenced the thread either.

Those reasons.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I take everything that involves me seriously.

Jay is a thread-leader. Stuff he says often ends up having impact. I'm not going to ignore it when he makes some vague claim about me, especially not if people are actually listening.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm Hey @JaggedJimmyJay I'm telling you right now, if you get me wrongly lynched and don't reveal what you thought the tell was then I'm not going to easily forgive you for it.

If you're really just making this up then it's not a cool tactic. If you legitimately think I have a tell then sure fine whatever, everyone's wrong sometimes, but if not then you have to take responsibility for it. Promise me.
Why leave out the third option?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:54 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm Hey @JaggedJimmyJay I'm telling you right now, if you get me wrongly lynched and don't reveal what you thought the tell was then I'm not going to easily forgive you for it.

the option where I survive has no bearing on my request. What I'm saying that if I do end up getting lynched for Jay's 'tell' then Jay has to be held accountable. He can't just say something like "oh well it didn't work this time but I'm going to keep what it was a secret in case it's a tell in the future. :shrug:" and shrug it off.

If his tactic here causes me to die then I want his reasoning to be thoroughly checked into.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:09 pm

the option where I survive has no bearing on my request. What I'm saying that if I do end up getting lynched for Jay's 'tell' then Jay has to be held accountable. He can't just say something like "oh well it didn't work this time but I'm going to keep what it was a secret in case it's a tell in the future. :shrug:" and shrug it off.

If his tactic here causes me to die then I want his reasoning to be thoroughly checked into.
I'm talking about the option in which you tell him, "You're full of shit and evil."
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

that would be the purpose behind checking into his shit
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I think if Jay doesn't come up with a valid "tell" that made him so sure as to call me out like he did then it's definitely a bad look for him.

As things are, based on past interactions with Jay he's likely to come out and say something like "there is no tell, I was just lying to build thread discussion" or "I'm not telling you what your tell is in case I need to use it again later"

I don't think either of those are acceptable answers for this.

Jay's usual civvie MO is to scatter bricks around on day 0 and 1 in order to start building discussion and put out reads. What Jay's done here is try to throw a single large brick at me, which causes no variation in discussion at all. The only discussion happening right now is surrounding me.

The only way that tactic comes from a responsible civvie mindset is if Jay really and truly believes in whatever he thinks my tell is
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:01 pm Do people actually read all the roles before games even start? :eek:
I read DrWilgy's role. :3

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:34 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:31 am Kyle is with the Russian Police. Discuss.
strongly disagree
I'm afraid that is irrelevant. I know your tell and you have revealed yourself. I am sorry to wreck your game so quickly, but it's just how this works.
that's actually 100% false? first of all, I am a kind and hard-working citizen of Anetevka, so that part's wrong

second of all you've never even seen me play as mafia before, the only player in recent history who has is dunya and even then it was just one game under unique circumstances, not enough to build correlation from
Indignant

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:11 pm okay so you think a 48 hour long game with teens who kept being terrible dicks to each other is going to be indicative of how I play in a real game as mafia?

one game isn't enough for real tell correlation, famous poker player sneezes the first time they roll a full house you don't just assume that they have a full house the second time they sneeze
Incredulous & Indignant.

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:13 pm i don't recognize any parallel
Negative

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 pm i actually kinda assumed you were lying for standard day zero jay-prod purposes?
Dismissive

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:42 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:29 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:12 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:11 pm okay so you think a 48 hour long game with teens who kept being terrible dicks to each other is going to be indicative of how I play in a real game as mafia?

one game isn't enough for real tell correlation, famous poker player sneezes the first time they roll a full house you don't just assume that they have a full house the second time they sneeze
So you recognize the parallel then?
boom rekt
I really don't recognise the parallel. I don't even know for sure if there is one without looking. In this game I've comfortably talked about musicals with people I already know, and in that game (I think?) I spent the first several of my posts trying to get to know the players on that site. I'm like 60% sure Jay is just making things up to prod for reactions but if not then he's wrong and his basis is flawed. If there really is a parallel Jay sees then it's 100% just a coincidence and not caused by alignment-bias.
Indignant

Incredulous

Defiant

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 pm I take everything that involves me seriously.

Jay is a thread-leader. Stuff he says often ends up having impact. I'm not going to ignore it when he makes some vague claim about me, especially not if people are actually listening.
Indignant

Obtuse
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

^Dubious

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:31 am Kyle is with the Russian Police. Discuss.
strongly disagree
I'm afraid that is irrelevant. I know your tell and you have revealed yourself. I am sorry to wreck your game so quickly, but it's just how this works.
that's actually 100% false? first of all, I am a kind and hard-working citizen of Anetevka, so that part's wrong

second of all you've never even seen me play as mafia before, the only player in recent history who has is dunya and even then it was just one game under unique circumstances, not enough to build correlation from
Indignant

Incredulous & Indignant.

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:13 pm i don't recognize any parallel
Negative

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 pm i actually kinda assumed you were lying for standard day zero jay-prod purposes?
Dismissive

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:42 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:29 pm

boom rekt
I really don't recognise the parallel. I don't even know for sure if there is one without looking. In this game I've comfortably talked about musicals with people I already know, and in that game (I think?) I spent the first several of my posts trying to get to know the players on that site. I'm like 60% sure Jay is just making things up to prod for reactions but if not then he's wrong and his basis is flawed. If there really is a parallel Jay sees then it's 100% just a coincidence and not caused by alignment-bias.
Indignant

Incredulous

Defiant

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 pm I take everything that involves me seriously.

Indignant

Obtuse
unhelpful
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 pm^Dubious
Which word(s) do you doubt?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:40 pm unhelpful
Disagreed
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

sloonei do you have any suspects in this thread other than me? do you think allowing the thread to focus on one player is a positive choice?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Insincere

strongly disagree
Bogus

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:03 pm
strongly disagree

I spectated your sc2 game.
Informative, though bogus

Inquisitive
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:48 pm sloonei do you have any suspects in this thread other than me? do you think allowing the thread to focus on one player is a positive choice?
No.
Depends.

Who else might we discuss?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:33 pm Jay's usual civvie MO is to scatter bricks around on day 0 and 1 in order to start building discussion and put out reads. What Jay's done here is try to throw a single large brick at me, which causes no variation in discussion at all. The only discussion happening right now is surrounding me.

The only way that tactic comes from a responsible civvie mindset is if Jay really and truly believes in whatever he thinks my tell is
Please tell me about the discussion that was happening in this game thread before I threw a brick at your face.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:48 pm Insincere
:grin:

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:48 pmBogus
:grin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] Be a man. Throw the brick back
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm This section is sketchy, Kyle, it reads like it's written by someone with a mafia alignment. "you've never even seen me play as mafia before" implies you're mafia now, and the statement that there's "not enough to build correlation from" implies that there could be enough at some point, but if you're Civ, then the idea would be that "correlation is impossible because I'm not bad."
This section is sketchy, Long Con. You've shoved words into Kylemii's face and said "These are the civilian words. You didn't say the civilian words." as if there aren't multiple possible examples of a civilian response to my poop.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:01 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm This section is sketchy, Kyle, it reads like it's written by someone with a mafia alignment. "you've never even seen me play as mafia before" implies you're mafia now, and the statement that there's "not enough to build correlation from" implies that there could be enough at some point, but if you're Civ, then the idea would be that "correlation is impossible because I'm not bad."
This section is sketchy, Long Con. You've shoved words into Kylemii's face and said "These are the civilian words. You didn't say the civilian words." as if there aren't multiple possible examples of a civilian response to my poop.
So it was poop? And you think LC ate it?

I ate it, but I puked it back up.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 pm So it was poop? And you think LC ate it?
It was poop. Kyle is a quality Mafia player and isn't likely to have some glowing beacon of a tell which shows itself in the first three posts. LC may have eaten it. I am investigating his teeth presently.
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 pmI ate it, but I puked it back up.
What'd you mean when you said "rekt", presumably about Kyle?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:01 pm
So it was poop? And you think LC ate it?

I ate it, but I puked it back up.
It was clearly poop. My issue is that Kyle reacted with such hostility toward it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:06 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 pm So it was poop? And you think LC ate it?
It was poop. Kyle is a quality Mafia player and isn't likely to have some glowing beacon of a tell which shows itself in the first three posts. LC may have eaten it. I am investigating his teeth presently.
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 pmI ate it, but I puked it back up.
What'd you mean when you said "rekt", presumably about Kyle?
I meant that it looked like you had caught him red-handed in the "So you recognize the parallel, then?" comment since it did sound from his wording like he was admitting something was similar about his style in that game and he was believing/afraid that you had in fact noticed a tell. I guess I had a similar thought as LC, that Kyle was reacting to your "poop" in a way that a baddie afraid he was actually getting caught might act, but I don't really think that anymore after his extended response to it.

linki: intriguing. again, I found the initial hostility suspicious, but his dedication toward clearing his name and holding Jay accountable has been reading more like town Kyle imo.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

your "poop"

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I'm just tired. I don't like or respect what Jay is doing here no matter what his motive is.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:48 pm sloonei do you have any suspects in this thread other than me? do you think allowing the thread to focus on one player is a positive choice?
No.
Depends.

Who else might we discuss?
Um well since the only discussion so far has been about me I guess I'd start by looking into how players reacted to Jay's thing.

The two players who stuck out to me in their jump-on were LC and FZ
FZ. wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:14 pm Hi, sorry for coming in late.
How's everyone doing?
I love Fiddler on the roof, but haven't seen it in years. Nice to play a game with that theme.

I have to say, I read most posts up until the following one. Unlike JJJ, I found nothing wrong with Kyle, but then I read this post, and it felt like a frustrated baddie annoyed by what he perceives as too much civvie power, though he can't really say it, so it comes out in a different way, because, well, he can't help himself.

FZ takes an oddly middle ground point of view before it's strictly necessary or even really sensible, then provides an additional somewhat stretchy reason to suspect me, it seems awkward and almost tacked on, like jumping on a bandwagon earlier while ensuring that there's viable reason to believe that it's FZ's idea.
Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm Civvie BTSC is the most powerful thing... or at least Civvie-Civvie knowledge. Confirming Civs is one of the best things we can do to win the game.
LC picks out the specific part of my response that supports his point despite the fact that the part he cropped out makes his point of agreement less meaningful.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:12 pm linki: intriguing. again, I found the initial hostility suspicious, but his dedication toward clearing his name and holding Jay accountable has been reading more like town Kyle imo.
I don't think so. I read it in the same tone as the previous posts. Jay's posts were standard issue Day 0 flings. Nothing shady or underhanded about them. That the conversation has focused on Kyle since then is circumstantial. To blame it on the initiator of said conversation is misdirected, and to act as if this trend is alarming or restrictive before Day 1 has begun is nervous.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

It's too bad we don't have the poop emoji here. I'm ready for [mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] to be all over that.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Kyle, I strongly disagree with your interpretation of FZ. I think she gave a completely original reason to suspect you which was unrelated to Jay's thing.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

After PoopGate

Sloonei
nutella
speedchuck

Kylemii

F.Z.
Epignosis
Long Con

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 pm I'm just tired. I don't like or respect what Jay is doing here no matter what his motive is.
why not? It's the most standard Day 1 play in the book.

Um well since the only discussion so far has been about me I guess I'd start by looking into how players reacted to Jay's thing.
The two players who stuck out to me in their jump-on were LC and FZ
FZ. wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:14 pm Hi, sorry for coming in late.
How's everyone doing?

FZ takes an oddly middle ground point of view before it's strictly necessary or even really sensible, then provides an additional somewhat stretchy reason to suspect me, it seems awkward and almost tacked on, like jumping on a bandwagon earlier while ensuring that there's viable reason to believe that it's FZ's idea.
I don't follow. Could you elaborate? what do you mean FZ's view came "before it's stricrlt necessary"? what exactly is the accusation you are making here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:21 pm Kyle, I strongly disagree with your interpretation of FZ. I think she gave a completely original reason to suspect you which was unrelated to Jay's thing.
I don't care for F.Z.'s take there. It's original, but it's a reach to say a guy is frustrated about power arrangements just because he mentioned powers. I could see it as an effort to heap onto the Kyle Pile without being complicit in promoting my poop.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:56 pmPlease tell me about the discussion that was happening in this game thread before I threw a brick at your face.
There was no discussion, and it was honestly bothering me but making an accusation, posting a weird silly science man and running away isn't the best way to achieve it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:06 pm
It was poop. Kyle is a quality Mafia player and isn't likely to have some glowing beacon of a tell which shows itself in the first three posts.
you are ridiculous.

I'm still mad but at least I'm laughing now. :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 pm I'm just tired. I don't like or respect what Jay is doing here no matter what his motive is.
I don't mean to ruin your fun Kyle. Just know that earning your respect is not always the same thing as promoting a winning game thread environment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”